NATION

PASSWORD

Gods & Generals OOC [Civil War Era RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:It was the Confederates that were raiding the town for shoes, as Gettysburg is in Pennsylvania, which was Union territory.

Honestly, I do not know what Lee was smoking during that battle, as he made a lot of bad decisions, but I'm glad he smoked it, otherwise the war could have ended very differently.

I think Lee had the pressure get to him. he had lost his most competent commander in Stonewall jackson and he had to get results out of the campaign or the CSA could never get british and french support. the pressure not getting to you would be a great feat of will

Even still, trying to invade Pennsylvania was a very terrible decision. There was no fucking way Lee was going to capture Pennsylvania.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Christstan wrote:Lee was smoking that crackpipie called "One's Own Horn". He thought his boys were invincible, much like Napoleon got lazy in the later campaigns.

nah, really the Confederate troops were in a great position to win until the union fell back into the fishhook. Lee should have abandoned the battle and headed for DC but the need for a crucial victory probaly forced him to think he needed to stay and fight

The Orson Empire wrote:
Paketo wrote:
I think Lee had the pressure get to him. he had lost his most competent commander in Stonewall jackson and he had to get results out of the campaign or the CSA could never get british and french support. the pressure not getting to you would be a great feat of will

Even still, trying to invade Pennsylvania was a very terrible decision. There was no fucking way Lee was going to capture Pennsylvania.

the goal wasn't to capture penn, it was to win a battle in the north as that would demoralize the north
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Paketo wrote:
Christstan wrote:Lee was smoking that crackpipie called "One's Own Horn". He thought his boys were invincible, much like Napoleon got lazy in the later campaigns.

nah, really the Confederate troops were in a great position to win until the union fell back into the fishhook. Lee should have abandoned the battle and headed for DC but the need for a crucial victory probaly forced him to think he needed to stay and fight

The Orson Empire wrote:Even still, trying to invade Pennsylvania was a very terrible decision. There was no fucking way Lee was going to capture Pennsylvania.

the goal wasn't to capture penn, it was to win a battle in the north as that would demoralize the north

It still didn't work, though.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Paketo wrote:

It still didn't work, though.

it was the only plan that would work but the CSA wasn't able to execute it. maybe they will in this RP
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Paketo wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:It still didn't work, though.

it was the only plan that would work but the CSA wasn't able to execute it. maybe they will in this RP

I will do everything in my power to make sure an invasion of the North fails horribly.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:16 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Paketo wrote:

I will do everything in my power to make sure an invasion of the North fails horribly.

who ever said it would be in the north *cough* California *cough* :p
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Name: Johna Cornelius
Birth State: Massachusetts
Description: A tall white man with black hair, but no facial hair.
Allegiance: Union
History: Johna Cornelius was born in 1821 in Boston, Massachusetts. His father was a merchant, while his mother stayed home to raise the children. However, Cornelius knew of his family's military history, as he had ancestors that served in the American Revolutionary War. Inspired to continue his family's legacy, he joined the military, and he graduated from West Point Academy in 1845. When the Mexican-American War broke out, he served willingly and distinguished himself in battle, which eventually got him promoted. After the war ended, Cornelius joined the Abolitionist Movement, which supported the establishment of slavery. Cornelius absolutely disgusted slavery, calling it a "barbaric and cruel institution", and wanted to do everything in his power to see it permanently go away, and he also helped establish resistance towards the Fugitive Slave Act. Once the American Civil War broke out in 1861, he pledged his loyalty to the Union and organized a corps, which was assigned to the Army of the Potomac.
Command Skills: Offensive Doctrine, Quartermaster
Corps: 1 elite infantry brigade (3), 6 infantry brigades (6), 2 artillery batallions (6), 1 cavalry brigade (3)

II Corps of the Army of the Potomac

• 1st Brigade (elite)
    • 5th Indiana Infantry Regiment
    • 3rd Wisconsin Volunteer Regiment
    • 70th New York Infantry Regiment
  • 2nd Brigade
    • 17th Maine Infantry Regiment
    • 11th Vermont Volunteer Regiment
    • 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Regiment
  • 3rd Brigade
    • 22nd New Jersey Infantry Regiment
    • 129th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment
    • 4th Conneticut Infantry Regiment
  • 4th Brigade
    • 35th New York Volunteer Regiment
    • 13th Ohio Infantry Regiment
    • 6th Ohio Infantry Regiment
  • 5th Brigade
    • 3th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment
    • 88th Ohio Volunteer Regiment
    • 55th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment
  • 6th Brigade
    • 144th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment
    • 2nd Rhode Island Volunteer Regiment
    • 190th New York Infantry Regiment
  • 7th Brigade
    • 4th Delaware Infantry Regiment
    • 5th Delaware Infantry Regiment
    • 1st New Hampshire Volunteer Regiment

• 20th Michigan Artillery Battalion
  • 25th Vermont Artillery Battalion
  • 7th New York Cavalry Brigade

Total Strength: 21,800 soldiers, 3,000 cavalry, 60 guns,
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Christstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:41 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Name: Johna Cornelius
History: Johna Cornelius was born in 1821 in Boston, Massachusetts. His father was a merchant, while his mother stayed home to raise the children. However, Cornelius knew of his family's military history, as he had ancestors that served in the American Revolutionary War. Inspired to continue his family's legacy, he joined the military, and he graduated from West Point Academy in 1845. When the Mexican-American War broke out, he served willingly and distinguished himself in battle, which eventually got him promoted. After the war ended, Cornelius joined the Abolitionist Movement, which supported the establishment of slavery. Cornelius absolutely disgusted slavery, calling it a "barbaric and cruel institution", and wanted to do everything in his power to see it permanently go away, and he also helped establish resistance towards the Fugitive Slave Act. Once the American Civil War broke out in 1861, he pledged his loyalty to the Union and organized a corps, which was assigned to the Army of the Potomac.
Corps: 1 elite infantry brigade (2), 6 infantry brigades (6), 2 artillery batallions (6), 1 cavalry brigade (3)

• 1st Brigade (elite)
  • 2nd Brigade
  • 3rd Brigade
  • 4th Brigade
  • 5th Brigade
  • 6th Brigade
  • 7th Brigade

Total Strength: 24,800 soldiers, 3,000 cavalry, 60 guns,

Union elite Infantry Brigades cost 3 instead of the Confederate 2. This is to simulate for the Union having more soldiers yet still being fairly equitable to Confederate troops.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Christstan wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Name: Johna Cornelius
Corps: 1 elite infantry brigade (2), 6 infantry brigades (6), 2 artillery batallions (6), 1 cavalry brigade (3)

• 1st Brigade (elite)
  • 2nd Brigade
  • 3rd Brigade
  • 4th Brigade
  • 5th Brigade
  • 6th Brigade
  • 7th Brigade

Total Strength: 24,800 soldiers, 3,000 cavalry, 60 guns,

Union elite Infantry Brigades cost 3 instead of the Confederate 2. This is to simulate for the Union having more soldiers yet still being fairly equitable to Confederate troops.

I still have 1 point left over that I didn't spend, so it can be added onto the elite brigade.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Also, seeing as my commander absolutely detests slavery, if possible, he will order soldiers to raid plantations in the South and liberate the slaves on that plantation. In the future, I also plan on using total war against the South, in hopes of completely destroying their ability to wage war.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Name:Ron Walker
Birthplace:Charleston, South Carolina
Description:Tall, brown haired man with a thin beard and a deep South Carolinan Accent
Class:Politician (Senator from South Carolina)
Starting Wealth:$80,000
Income: $100, 70 Supply
Current State:Virginia/South Carolina
Civilian Skills:Charisma, Wealth
Biography:Walker was born to a normal family who all immigrated to South Carolina back in the day. Walker's family owned a modest plantation home and made money off growing cotton. Walker had always been a good speaker and a charismatic man who can be a "smooth talker". Following a brief period of military service in the US Military and the Mexican-American War, Walker retired and became a State Senator for South Carolina as a Whig, before the formation of the CSA in which he was elected to the CS Senate as an Independent with leanings from both the Whigs and the Democrats.
Starting Purchases:
1x Farm ($4,000) (50 supply)
1x Mansion ($10,000) ($100)
10x Slave ($10,000) (+20 supply)
Last edited by Republic of Coldwater on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:58 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Also, seeing as my commander absolutely detests slavery, if possible, he will order soldiers to raid plantations in the South and liberate the slaves on that plantation. In the future, I also plan on using total war against the South, in hopes of completely destroying their ability to wage war.

Accepted and that's totally fine. IC wise that would mean you would raid every territory you hit. That would significantly weaken the South, especially since you are in the East. If you want plantation liberation might have gone for the Center but since this is AH I have no clue which if any theater will actually push through the South.

Christstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Republic of Coldwater wrote:Name:Ron Walker
Birthplace:Charleston, South Carolina
Description:Tall, brown haired man with a thin beard and a deep South Carolinan Accent
Class:Politician (Senator from South Carolina)
Starting Wealth:$80,000
Income: $100, 70 Supply
Current State:Virginia/South Carolina
Civilian Skills:Charisma, Wealth
Biography:Walker was born to a normal family who all immigrated to South Carolina back in the day. Walker's family owned a modest plantation home and made money off growing cotton. Walker had always been a good speaker and a charismatic man who can be a "smooth talker". Following a brief period of military service in the US Military and the Mexican-American War, Walker retired and became a State Senator for South Carolina as a Whig, before the formation of the CSA in which he was elected to the CS Senate as an Independent with leanings from both the Whigs and the Democrats.
Starting Purchases:
1x Farm ($4,000) (50 supply)
1x Mansion ($10,000) ($100)
10x Slave ($10,000) (+20 supply)

Accepted. Welcome to the Confederacy!

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:33 am

Christstan wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Also, seeing as my commander absolutely detests slavery, if possible, he will order soldiers to raid plantations in the South and liberate the slaves on that plantation. In the future, I also plan on using total war against the South, in hopes of completely destroying their ability to wage war.

Accepted and that's totally fine. IC wise that would mean you would raid every territory you hit. That would significantly weaken the South, especially since you are in the East. If you want plantation liberation might have gone for the Center but since this is AH I have no clue which if any theater will actually push through the South.

I plan on razing Richmond to the ground and leaving a huge path of destruction across Virginia, and then moving my army south to other Confederate states.

If necessary, I will build a network of trenches around Richmond and engage in trench warfare with the Confederates until they either surrender or are wiped out. It would be a similar scenario to the Siege of Petersburg.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:24 am

Neros, would it be fine if your character and mine would be brothers? I'm planning on RPing the "Brother against Brother" that happened in the border states.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:42 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Christstan wrote:

I plan on razing Richmond to the ground and leaving a huge path of destruction across Virginia, and then moving my army south to other Confederate states.

If necessary, I will build a network of trenches around Richmond and engage in trench warfare with the Confederates until they either surrender or are wiped out. It would be a similar scenario to the Siege of Petersburg.

SO MEEAANNN.

Don't kill my Senator who plans to free his slaves later on in the war when he believes that they have suffered enough.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:58 am

Paketo wrote:

The Orson Empire wrote:Even still, trying to invade Pennsylvania was a very terrible decision. There was no fucking way Lee was going to capture Pennsylvania.

He actually should've messed around with other cities in Maryland instead of Gettysburg and cause public panic, which would've allowed Alexander Stephens into the Union and begin peace negotiations. However, the Siege of Vicksburg would also have to be somehow avoided to ensure that the north will allow Stephens in and allow the war to end.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 am

Also, when does the RP start (like exactly what date). I want to know this to see if my char can become CSA President or something.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:12 am

Reserve me a spot on the Union's Central Theatre Army, please?

The USA could use some help, it seems >.>

Would anyone like to help a poor Australian find an interesting character concept for the Union in the Civil War? I was figuring I would just go with a brutal abolitionist who routinely recruits black slaves escaping the CSA and free blacks in the USA, fearsome reputation and offensive doctrine, is inclined to react harshly to basically anyone who stands in his way.

But it seems you already have one :P

I'll probably just go with a keen by-the-book tactician who is happy to play by his own rules if possible.

Er, sorry, channeled a B-list movie narrator there. Quartermaster, Inspiring Presence, very large corps as a trustworthy, reliable leader of greenhorn infantry and the like.

Name: Lieutenant General Anthony Cecil Melchett
Birthplace: Columbus, Ohio
Description:
History:
Command Skills: Quartermaster, Inspiring Presence
Corps: VI Corps

- Division
- 3 Infantry Battalions
- 1 Cavalry Battalion

- Division
- 3 Infantry Battalions
- 1 Cavalry Battalion

- Division
- 2 Infantry Battalions
- 1 Artillery Battalion
- 1 Engineering Company

8 Infantry Battalions
1 Engineering Company
2 Cavalry Battalions
1 Artillery Battalion
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Carathon
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carathon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:20 am

Name: Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte
Birth State: German Kingdom of Württemberg
Description: Louis is a man of wiry, youthful and slim build with a slightly above height of 6'1 along with a messy mop of auburn hair and emerald green eyes.

Allegiance: Union.
History: Louis is a great nephew of the famed Napoleon I, through the line of Jérôme Bonaparte. Somewhat far removed from the line of succession, Louis had a unlikely prospect of ever ruling France in his own right, but he is hopelessly obsessed with his ancestor's legacy. From a young age, he attached himself to his kinman, Napoleon III and became one of his close adjutants. Securing the Emperor of the French's backing, he traveled through the courts of Prussia, Britain and even Russia observing their military tactics and briefly holding small commands. At the age of twenty, he returned back to his native France and enrolled at the École Spéciale Impériale Militaire and by the time the civil war broke out, Louis held the rank of Lt. Colonel. Hearing of the " righteous " struggle between the liberating Northerners and slave-holding Southerners, and eager to prove himself, he requested permission to go to North America to serve in the Union Army. Napoleon III, uneasy knowing that France somewhat relied on Southern cotton, forbid him from going to North America, as he did not want to make it appear that France was " choosing sides. "

Louis was briefly hindered, but the idealistic vision of leading the liberation of the poor negros ( as inferior as they were to the white man, of course ) and the prospect of being recognized as a " New Lafayette " and the glory of victory was far too tempting for him to deny for long and he soon set out for North America. Landing in British Canada, he rapidly began to gather a French Legion of Québécois and French-Americans.
Once again, inspired by the example of Lafayette, he offered to enlist himself in the Union Army without pay if he could personally lead his French Legion, which the Union government accepted.

While rather bright and having a intensive martial education, he is also characterized as a classical " glory-hound, " along with being inexperienced, unblooded, arrogant, overtly headstrong and aggressive with a outright contempt for personal safety in his quest to prove himself worthy of the family name.

Command Skills: Inspiring Presence, Offensive Doctrine, Cavalier.
[Negative Traits: Loose with the Books.
Corps:

Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte's French Legion / II Corps, Ohio.

Jules Frossard' Québécois Division
- 1st Montréal Infantry Brigade
* West Montréal Regiment
* Rural Montréal Regiment
* North Montréal Regiment
- 2nd Montréal Infantry Brigade
* 1st Montréal Ville Regiment
* 2nd Montréal Ville Regiment
* 3rd Montréal Ville Regiment
- 3rd Gatineau Infantry Brigade
* East Gatineau Regiment
* South Gatineau Regiment
* Rural Gatineau Regiment
- 1st Sherbrooke Artillery Regiment

Jack Augustin's French-American Division
- 1st New York Infantry Brigade
* Manhattan Regiment
* Rural New York Regiment
* West New York Regiment
- 2nd Maine Infantry Brigade
* 1st Rural Maine Regiment
* 2nd Rural Maine Regiment
* 3rd Rural Maine Regiment
- 3rd Massachusetts Infantry Brigade
* East Boston Regiment
* Greater Boston Regiment
* Rural Massachusetts Regiment
- 1st New England Artillery Regiment

Cavalry Units:
- Napoleon's Pride Dragoons Brigade
- Joyeuse Dragoons Brigade

Operation Strength: 60 Guns, 18,800 Men, 6,000 Cavalry.

Edited.
Last edited by Carathon on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am from the United States, just so you know.

Male.

Christstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:49 am

Both accepted. Interesting concept there Carathon. I almost thought nah but I figured that the Union would want to maintain strong diplomatic relations with the world to prevent them from joining the Confederacy. Glad to see some more Union commanders!

Christstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:57 am

Republic of Coldwater wrote:Also, when does the RP start (like exactly what date). I want to know this to see if my char can become CSA President or something.

June 1861. If you want to be president, that's not an issue per se. I was wanting to reserve the top political positions for OPs or players I was 100% sure about because theoretically the presidents could help steer the direction of the forces. Now if you want this to be mostly an rp position, rather than one with a lot of power OOC, then that would be fine. Its just I want the freedom to guide the factions from the top in order to keep the game moving and exciting. For example, if the Confederacy is getting railed, we might bring in Mexican troops under the promise of parts of the west.

What we could do is before the game starts we could have the confederate characters vote on which candidate they like from the players who put their names forward.
Last edited by Christstan on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:17 am

Christstan wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:Also, when does the RP start (like exactly what date). I want to know this to see if my char can become CSA President or something.

June 1861. If you want to be president, that's not an issue per se. I was wanting to reserve the top political positions for OPs or players I was 100% sure about because theoretically the presidents could help steer the direction of the forces. Now if you want this to be mostly an rp position, rather than one with a lot of power OOC, then that would be fine. Its just I want the freedom to guide the factions from the top in order to keep the game moving and exciting. For example, if the Confederacy is getting railed, we might bring in Mexican troops under the promise of parts of the west.

What we could do is before the game starts we could have the confederate characters vote on which candidate they like from the players who put their names forward.

for president? that won't matter though as the next election in the CSA isn't for another 5 or 6 years as they have 6 year terms and the pres can only be elected once
Last edited by Paketo on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Christstan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christstan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 am

Paketo wrote:
Christstan wrote:

for president? that won't matter though as the next election in the CSA isn't for another 5 or 6 years as they have 6 year terms and the pres can only be elected once

I know the actual CSA president was decided on before June of 1861, but we can decide OOC who was elected in place of Jefferson Davis.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:24 am

Christstan wrote:
Paketo wrote:

I know the actual CSA president was decided on before June of 1861, but we can decide OOC who was elected in place of Jefferson Davis.

that would really change the dynamics of the entire war which could be fun or we could just have you control Lincoln and jefferson as the OP
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse