NATION

PASSWORD

Stalingrad: Blood and Iron

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Saint Brigade wrote:Just a quick question to the OP, how should time pass in the RP if there is one.

That's all relative, I never really planned on how it'll pass.

Spironia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spironia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Legatia wrote:
Saint Brigade wrote:Just a quick question to the OP, how should time pass in the RP if there is one.

That's all relative, I never really planned on how it'll pass.

I will likely post the apearance for my character next morning
Wars
North vs South (peace treaty)North-South Arkanian war (victory) Dravinhian defense (victory)

Supporter of Liverpool, Arctic Monkeys and McDonald burgers

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Legatia wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:Hey Legatia can I create a grenadier for the Germans to have more people on the side of Germany. Because it seems for every German we get we get two-three Russians.

Edit: If so here is my app

Character Name: Elmar Volk
Character Allegiance:Third reich Panzer grenadier for the 29th infantarie, supporting the 14th panzer
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.):Stabsfeldwebel or Sergeant major
Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle): Inuition
Character Weapons:Sturmghewer 44, Luger P08
Appearance: Deep blue eyes and black hair rather fit with a square jaw
Short Bio: Growing up he had originally worshipped Hitler like most of Germany but as time went on he couldn't understand why the Nazi's purposefully alienated perfectly good German's. However he like many others chose to ignore these peoples plight in favor of safety for themselves. Elmer loved Germany. Every bit of it, but he was kind and lacked the hatred his fellows had. He eventually joined the Wehrmacht and chafed under Nazi party radicals in command. He eventually transferred to the Twenty Ninth stating they got more action, this was not true. His real reason was they were unlike most other German units. They took many prisoners and were caring and considerate to injured and captured foes.

Eventually the 29th infantarie tied to the 14th panzer moved with the Sixth army to take Stalingrad as part of army group south. While his unit was away from the panders in Smolensk he distinguished himself and became promoted multiple times to fill the gap left by dead NCO's. By the time he reached Stalingrad he had become Stabsfeldwebel and was ready to fight for Germany once again, this time leading troops.

You cannot use the Sturmgewher 44 because at this point it is not invented. Use the MkB42, which is essentially a prototype version present at the time, or choose nother weapon. Otherwise, it's good.

Spironia wrote:Character name: Helder von Wolfswinkel
Character Allegiance: German
Rank (Millitary use only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.): Unteroffizier (German NCO)
Specialty (As a soldier,if a civillian, what you did before the battle): Being able to lead small units, years of experience on the battlefield.
Character weapons: MP40, 4 grenades, Mauser C96.
Appearance: will post later cus im in tablet right now
Short Bio:Wolfswinkel was the older son of 2 of a blacksmith in Munich, Bavaria. His mother had died after giving birth to his younger brother and his father would later follow her when Wolfswinkel turned 15. After spending several years living in his aunt's house, he went out to enlist in the army.Enlisting in the army aged 23, Wolfswinkel had fought in Spain,Poland and Belgium during the years before and during World War 2, being a spectacular leader, he was promoted to NCO during the opening shots of the war. His younger brother, Erik, had joined the Luftwaffe and was also taking part in operation Barbossa.

Fix the appearance and you're good.

Tsarist Chernigov wrote:Character Name:Alexei Ivanovich Lvov
Character Allegiance:USSR
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.): Infantryman
Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle):Anti-Infantry and Scouting
Character Weapons: Mosin-Nagant M1891/30,a Tokarev TT-30/33,and a dagger
Appearance:(Image)Background excluding the gun
Bio:He was born in 1913 in St.Petersburg and is fighting in the Red Army only to protect his family,as such he is secretly against Communism.He originally worked at a farm.After a year of training,He arrived in Stalingrad where He was separated from his squadand is trying to Fight His way to get to them if they are still around.

Expand on your biography a bit.

Fixed

Tsarist Chernigov
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarist Chernigov » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Legatia wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:Hey Legatia can I create a grenadier for the Germans to have more people on the side of Germany. Because it seems for every German we get we get two-three Russians.

Edit: If so here is my app

Character Name: Elmar Volk
Character Allegiance:Third reich Panzer grenadier for the 29th infantarie, supporting the 14th panzer
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.):Stabsfeldwebel or Sergeant major
Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle): Inuition
Character Weapons:Sturmghewer 44, Luger P08
Appearance: Deep blue eyes and black hair rather fit with a square jaw
Short Bio: Growing up he had originally worshipped Hitler like most of Germany but as time went on he couldn't understand why the Nazi's purposefully alienated perfectly good German's. However he like many others chose to ignore these peoples plight in favor of safety for themselves. Elmer loved Germany. Every bit of it, but he was kind and lacked the hatred his fellows had. He eventually joined the Wehrmacht and chafed under Nazi party radicals in command. He eventually transferred to the Twenty Ninth stating they got more action, this was not true. His real reason was they were unlike most other German units. They took many prisoners and were caring and considerate to injured and captured foes.

Eventually the 29th infantarie tied to the 14th panzer moved with the Sixth army to take Stalingrad as part of army group south. While his unit was away from the panders in Smolensk he distinguished himself and became promoted multiple times to fill the gap left by dead NCO's. By the time he reached Stalingrad he had become Stabsfeldwebel and was ready to fight for Germany once again, this time leading troops.

You cannot use the Sturmgewher 44 because at this point it is not invented. Use the MkB42, which is essentially a prototype version present at the time, or choose nother weapon. Otherwise, it's good.

Rank (Millitary use only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.): Unteroffizier (German NCO)
Specialty (As a soldier,if a civillian, what you did before the battle): Being able to lead small units, years of experience on the battlefield.
Appearance: will post later cus im in tablet right now
Short Bio:Wolfswinkel was the older son of 2 of a blacksmith in Munich, Bavaria. His mother had died after giving birth to his younger brother and his father would later follow her when Wolfswinkel turned 15. After spending several years living in his aunt's house, he went out to enlist in the army.Enlisting in the army aged 23, Wolfswinkel had fought in Spain,Poland and Belgium during the years before and during World War 2, being a spectacular leader, he was promoted to NCO during the opening shots of the war. His younger brother, Erik, had joined the Luftwaffe and was also taking part in operation Barbossa.

Fix the appearance and you're good.

Tsarist Chernigov wrote:Character Name:Alexei Ivanovich Lvov
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.): Infantryman
Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle):Anti-Infantry and Scouting
Appearance:(Image)Background excluding the gun
Bio:He was born in 1913 in St.Petersburg and is fighting in the Red Army only to protect his family,as such he is secretly against Communism.He originally worked at a farm.After a year of training,He arrived in Stalingrad where He was separated from his squadand is trying to Fight His way to get to them if they are still around.

Expand on your biography a bit.

Okay
Defcon 1 [2]3 4 5

Full Member of the International Space Agency
Proud member of the Christian Liberty Alliance
★Proud Member of the United Monarchist Alliance★
I may use Kinetic strike weapons from time to time.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Western Imperial Union wrote:
Fixed

Accepted.

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:45 pm

While I understand that people enjoy RPing soldiers as badasses. I feel as though if everyone somehow makes there soldier the perfect killer and then two RPers face off. It will be an unending battle. The main reason I joined this RP was because aside from my interest in WWII. I was hoping people would be exploring the idea of human compassion, empathy, and other such emotions. Although most of the posts make sense and are very well written I feel as though it would be more logical if someone was playing as a sniper. Then they would be waiting for days on end for the perfect shot. Which is what snipers did in the WWI, WWII, etc...
Such as when I play my medic. I won't have him walking around the battlefield mowing down enemies. I would likely have him trying to save dying soldiers on the front-lines and being surrounded by 3 or more germans to being saved by a Russian charge or such. Stalingrad I believe to be a place where the soldiers(especially the russians) had little ammunition and food. It was a tale of survival and not badassery.
Now this is just my opinion and you don't have to change your posts, because of what I'm saying. I'm just asking you to please try to make your posts less badassery. Such as for example Kalifati's post was an excellent one about a sniper taking his time and waiting for the perfect shot.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Exantos wrote:While I understand that people enjoy RPing soldiers as badasses. I feel as though if everyone somehow makes there soldier the perfect killer and then two RPers face off. It will be an unending battle. The main reason I joined this RP was because aside from my interest in WWII. I was hoping people would be exploring the idea of human compassion, empathy, and other such emotions. Although most of the posts make sense and are very well written I feel as though it would be more logical if someone was playing as a sniper. Then they would be waiting for days on end for the perfect shot. Which is what snipers did in the WWI, WWII, etc...
Such as when I play my medic. I won't have him walking around the battlefield mowing down enemies. I would likely have him trying to save dying soldiers on the front-lines and being surrounded by 3 or more germans to being saved by a Russian charge or such. Stalingrad I believe to be a place where the soldiers(especially the russians) had little ammunition and food. It was a tale of survival and not badassery.
Now this is just my opinion and you don't have to change your posts, because of what I'm saying. I'm just asking you to please try to make your posts less badassery. Such as for example Kalifati's post was an excellent one about a sniper taking his time and waiting for the perfect shot.

I will try to do better. Sorry.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Exantos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Exantos wrote:While I understand that people enjoy RPing soldiers as badasses. I feel as though if everyone somehow makes there soldier the perfect killer and then two RPers face off. It will be an unending battle. The main reason I joined this RP was because aside from my interest in WWII. I was hoping people would be exploring the idea of human compassion, empathy, and other such emotions. Although most of the posts make sense and are very well written I feel as though it would be more logical if someone was playing as a sniper. Then they would be waiting for days on end for the perfect shot. Which is what snipers did in the WWI, WWII, etc...

I will try to do better. Sorry.

Like I said. This is just my opinion. I do so love a good action movie over anyone with a soppy plot. if you want to act like a badass feel free to. You may want to read the most recent post by West Suburbia. As it is a very good example of what I was talking about. Please don't apologize. I just raised my concerns. As I said earlier, all the posts that I've read earlier are extremely well written and I can't wait until I can do finish my first post.

Australia. You don't need to apologize. Honestly I was going to start praising peoples posts in the first place. Like I love how you made The commissar realize the value of human life and let Ivan run away. It was extremely interesting and I can't wait for your post to advance from there.
Last edited by Exantos on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Exantos wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I will try to do better. Sorry.

Like I said. This is just my opinion. I do so love a good action movie over anyone with a soppy plot. if you want to act like a badass feel free to. You may want to read the most recent post by West Suburbia. As it is a very good example of what I was talking about. Please don't apologize. I just raised my concerns. As I said earlier, all the posts that I've read earlier are extremely well written and I can't wait until I can do finish my first post.

Australia. You don't need to apologize. Honestly I was going to start praising peoples posts in the first place. Like I love how you made The commissar realize the value of human life and let Ivan run away. It was extremely interesting and I can't wait for your post to advance from there.

I am just waiting for a reaction from Feichland to continue.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't know if my character might be too young, although I know at the time of Stalingrad there were 13 year old kids fighting as partisans so it shouldn't be too far fetched. Originally she was going to be a little older and be a sniper, but we have enough Russian snipers already.

Character Name: Nadezhda Zelenko
Character Allegiance: Red Army
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.): Soldat (Private)
Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle): Rifleman
Character Weapons: Mosin Nagant M91/30, bayonet
Appearance:

Short Bio: Nadezhda was born in Stalingrad in 1926. Her father was a police officer and Communist Party member and a veteran of the Russian Civil War and her mother was a secretary at a factory. As a result, she was indoctrinated to be patriotic and loyal to the Soviet cause both at home and in her official education at school. During this time, she was also a member of the Young Pioneers and later, Komsomol, the youth division of the Communist Party. Had Germany not invaded, she planned to study at Moscow State University to be a history teacher.

As the Wehrmacht drew closer to Stalingrad, Nadezhda enlisted in the Red Army at the age of 16 rather than choosing to flee the city. After a brief training course, she was sent back across the Volga to help in the defense of the city. However, her choice to stay and fight rather than flee to the east will soon become a choice she regrets as she experiences the harsh reality of fighting in history's bloodiest battle.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:I don't know if my character might be too young, although I know at the time of Stalingrad there were 13 year old kids fighting as partisans so it shouldn't be too far fetched. Originally she was going to be a little older and be a sniper, but we have enough Russian snipers already.

Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle): Rifleman
Appearance:
Short Bio: Nadezhda was born in Stalingrad in 1926. Her father was a police officer and Communist Party member and a veteran of the Russian Civil War and her mother was a secretary at a factory. As a result, she was indoctrinated to be patriotic and loyal to the Soviet cause both at home and in her official education at school. During this time, she was also a member of the Young Pioneers and later, Komsomol, the youth division of the Communist Party. Had Germany not invaded, she planned to study at Moscow State University to be a history teacher.

As the Wehrmacht drew closer to Stalingrad, Nadezhda enlisted in the Red Army at the age of 16 rather than choosing to flee the city. After a brief training course, she was sent back across the Volga to help in the defense of the city. However, her choice to stay and fight rather than flee to the east will soon become a choice she regrets as she experiences the harsh reality of fighting in history's bloodiest battle.

Hey I like this character, would you be willing to do interaction between her and Dimitri Kershenko, he really needs someone as he has begun to lose any semblance of compassion and any semblance of sanity, skulking through Stalingrad alone at fifteen with a kill count in his life time of seven.

Spironia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spironia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:44 am

Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/Q2RUw.jpg (the one at the centre)

There ya go, my apearrance!
Wars
North vs South (peace treaty)North-South Arkanian war (victory) Dravinhian defense (victory)

Supporter of Liverpool, Arctic Monkeys and McDonald burgers

Tsarist Chernigov
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarist Chernigov » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:17 am

Fixed.
Defcon 1 [2]3 4 5

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:05 am

By the way, my guy could probably do with meeting up with a friendly Russian character. He doesn't even know what piece of the city he's in or where the front lines are.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:39 am

Gvozdevsk wrote:I don't know if my character might be too young, although I know at the time of Stalingrad there were 13 year old kids fighting as partisans so it shouldn't be too far fetched. Originally she was going to be a little older and be a sniper, but we have enough Russian snipers already.

Appearance:

She looks like she's in her mid 30s, but that's nothing that big of a concern. As for age, you're okay. Accepted.

Tsarist Chernigov wrote:Fixed.

Fix your rank.

Spironia wrote:
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/Q2RUw.jpg (the one at the centre)

There ya go, my apearrance!

Accepted.

Tsarist Chernigov
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarist Chernigov » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:28 am

How about now?

Character Name:Alexei Ivanovich Lvov
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.): Soldat.Or private in english.
Appearance: Image

Bio:As a young boy,he was known for his kindness,but when he turned 10 he was sent to work on a farm,and so He is does not have the greatest education.His father was a veteran of the Great War,and his mother was a Factory worker,so he was taught to be careful of the communist party.

He joined the Red Army in 1939 at the age of 26,after about two years in training he was stationed in Leningrad but later was stationed in Stalingrad.About a month into the battle of Stalingrad,he was split up from his unit and now has to fight to reach them.

He is fighting to keep the Nazi threat out of Russia,but is concerned for the people in the countries conquered by Germany.He wishes to one day move to the United States to find a better job than working on a farm.
Last edited by Tsarist Chernigov on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Defcon 1 [2]3 4 5

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:28 am

Legatia wrote:She looks like she's in her mid 30s, but that's nothing that big of a concern. As for age, you're okay. Accepted.

All the photos of Russian female soldiers in WWII tended to look older anyway, spending years on the battlefield killing Germans and not wearing makeup will do that to you. I believe the person I used for the appearance was only 19 when that picture was taken.

Acro
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Acro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:44 am

Character Name: Dmitri Vorshenko
Rank (Military only, use actual ranks/include equivalent.):
Specialty (As a soldier, if a civilian, what you did before the battle): Marksmen, and Tank Demolition
Character Weapons: Kapral (Soviet Equivalent of Corporal)
Appearance: 5' 9" Brown hair. Athletic. Wears an battle worn uniform
Short Bio: Born outside of Moscow his parents were great supporters of the Revolution, however the civil war between the Reds and the Whites forced them to flee to Stalingrad. They have lived in the city since. After the battle for Stalingrad began his parents for killed in the first days. He joined up with the Red Army and has been fighting, hunting, killing, ever since.
Obligatory For and Against
Pro: Democracy, Bernie Sanders, Relgious Freedom, Palestine, Socialism, and Iran(The Reformists)
Against: Dictatorships, Fascism, Laissez-faire, right wingers, conservativism

I am a proud Shia Muslim, Progressive, Socialist, Liberal, Bisexual and maybe dying of Cancer.

Exantos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:09 am

Congreveopia wrote:By the way, my guy could probably do with meeting up with a friendly Russian character. He doesn't even know what piece of the city he's in or where the front lines are.

Once I finish my 5 part piece I'll have my guy meet up with yours. Or we could meet up in my 5 part piece.(5 part piece is where I lose my squad and my pet dog(maybe))

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:14 am

Exantos wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:By the way, my guy could probably do with meeting up with a friendly Russian character. He doesn't even know what piece of the city he's in or where the front lines are.

Once I finish my 5 part piece I'll have my guy meet up with yours. Or we could meet up in my 5 part piece.(5 part piece is where I lose my squad and my pet dog(maybe))

Aww, but I like your pet dog. :(

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:21 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Exantos wrote:

Aww, but I like your pet dog. :(

I could find you in a minute. If you want.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:29 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Aww, but I like your pet dog. :(

I could find you in a minute. If you want.

You're welcome to if you want. Pavel could definitely use the help. He is, however, determined to succeed in the Russian air force, so you might want to avoid revealing that you have a um... strained relationship with the army.

Links:

Carathon
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carathon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:47 am

Character Name: Feodor Predatel
Character Allegiance: Wehrmacht
Specialty: Cook / Translator
Character Weapons: A improvised club and dagger.
Appearance:

Short Bio: Born in Sevastopol to Russian parents, Feodor could not be said to have a happy childhood. In his earliest years, he could still remember his father heading off to work everyday at the massive military installations and naval fortifications located within his city - he was a engineer wasn't he? Not a particularly high level one, infact Feodor considered himself to be apart of the " upper lower class " - if that made sense, though the government officials kept saying that class no longer existed. On one bold occasion he remembered sneaking past a Soviet Guard and climbing ontop of a Maxim Gorky gun emplacement!

But that was before 1932. First, his father was laid off - Feodor guessed that the guns he was working on were finished - and then, came the famine. People in the city started to whisper that the farms were greedily hording their crops, rations were cut more and more everyday and criminal activites grew. Feodor's own older brother was stabbed and killed for one of his ration cards. His father managed to scrape up enough rubles to afford to move to Stalingrad. Feodor and his siblings moved in a cramped tenement with many members of his extended family while his father and his remaining older siblings went to work in the factories.

Life was still harsh, growing up in the Chairman's namesake city, but things were better and sometimes he managed to even eke out abit of fun exploring the city's vast sewers and buildings. One of Feodor's cousin was a playwright who had many books Feodor thought was banned and who knew more then most. His cousin offered to teach him German, which Feodor accepted and by 1940 was fluent in, though soon after his cousin disappeared. Feodor heard the NVKD being mentioned in regards to him on exactly one occasion. Otherwise, the rest of the family pretended he never existed.

on June 22th, the Germans invaded The Soviet Union and ripped across the country like a scythe. Feodor watched as most of his siblings and his father and mother all being transferred to Russian T-34 factories within Stalingrad. Due to the " vital duty " of working within the factories, his family was giving increased ration cards - in theory atleast. The lost of Ukraine to the Germans meant that the ration stores often ran out before most people even had a chance to cash their cards in.

After the winter and into 1942, the Germans rapidly moved closer and closer to Stalingrad, though his family were forbidden to evacuate and continued to work. With even his mother working in the factories, the young Russian was relegated to do the cooking for the family. He was surprisingly talented and managed to stretch out thin meals for his entire extended family while still making them taste reasonably good. ( The Soviet definition of " reasonably good " at that point was being able to hold it down without becoming sick. )

Though once the Sixth Army began to press at the gates of Stalingrad, they sent their bombers to the city. The factory most of his family worked was bombed as-well as the apartment he lived in. Emerging remarkably unscathed though separated from his kin, he wandered the city before coming upon a regiment of Soviet soldiers. He was given an armband and rifle ammuntion ( they had just ran out of actual rifles, unfortunately ) and assigned to a unit of conscripts including several friends he knew from neighboring apartment buildings.

Feodor didn't get to fire a shot before his unit was encircled by German Panzer units. He was pressured by several of his friends to hold back his unit's commissar's arms while one of his burlier comrades bashed his head in with a brick before promptly surrendering. Held without food for days by an attached Police unit of the German Army and soon to be transferred to a " labor camp " within Germany proper, he lied to a German officer and claimed he had ethnic German heritage. Doubtful of this, the officer was nevertheless impressed by his mastery of the German language and sent him up to a infantry regiment at the front lines.

As apart of the Hiwis, short for Hilfswilligers German for " voluntary assistant " he served to free up German hands by doing dirty jobs, such as stables and kitchens and occasionally called up by the regiment Captain for translating or on one occasion, posing for a propaganda picture. Given decent meals and a old feldgrau tunic, he did his job dutifully mostly out of fear and partially out of hate for the Stalinist regime. Swallowing abuse by the Germans he served and the horrors of the battlefield, he soldiered on.

For now, it seems Feodor has secured his survival once again but he finds himself in a rough position. Russians have little place within Hitler's ideal world and in Stalin's eyes there is no such thing as a Russian serving the Germans, rather traitorous Ex-Russians. And Ex-Russians are executed on sight.
Last edited by Carathon on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am from the United States, just so you know.

Male.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 am

Jesus so many snipers

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:47 am

Western Imperial Union wrote:Jesus so many snipers

I won't be for long...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse