NATION

PASSWORD

A World in Chaos: An Alt-Earth RP (Tech Thread)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

A World in Chaos: An Alt-Earth RP (Tech Thread)

Postby Ghondra » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Guys, as you know I only accept MT and PMT for the A World in Chaos RP, but I fear that some people will abuse that by equipping themselves with tech far too advanced for the start of the RP. So I am opening this Thread in order to allow you to submit the kind of tech and equipment you like to see running around the IC.







Submission Form
Code: Select all
[b]Tech Level:[/b]
[b]Tech Name:[/b]
[b]Military/Civilian:[/b]
[b]Mass Production: Yes/No[/b]
[b]Cost of Tech IRL:[/b]
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
New Jordslag
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10463
Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name:B-15 Sonic Rifle (Nicknamed a 'Screecher')
Military/Civilian:Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes. It's a rifle used by the Special Forces.
Cost of Tech IRL: 400 USD
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.


And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name:Shadow jumper
Military/Civilian: Secret service(assassins only)
Mass Production: Yes/No Made only by those who erned the right
Cost of Tech IRL: 2k
Description: A type of technology that very few people can control it is a way of teleporting through a shadow and is only used by the king/head and his select few.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Energy Sheild
Military/Civilian: Select cities
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 2.5 million every 2 months
Description: Protects certain cities mainly the capitol from most projectiles. CANNOT Survive 2 nuclear rounds

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name:FN-P90
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $700
Dexcription: its an smg ._.

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name: Colt 1911
Military/Civilian: Standard issue side arm for the Military/ Buyable by civilians
Mass Production: Yes/No yes
Cost of Tech IRL: 400
Dexcription: Very nice pistol.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Battlesuits (eg MJOLNIR)
Military/Civilian: Military only.
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 3.5 billion every 5 pieces
Dexcription: Armored suits that use sheilding to protect the user. EXPENSIVE piece of tech that is give twice a year to 5 people.
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
The Emerald Dragon
Senator
 
Posts: 4708
Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:20 pm

New Jordslag wrote:Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name:B-15 Sonic Rifle (Nicknamed a 'Screecher')
Military/Civilian:Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes. It's a rifle used by the Special Forces.
Cost of Tech IRL: 40,000 USD


Fixed, as that technology WON'T come cheap.
Re-packaged in a fresh, eighteen year old addition! British and contagious, your will hath been served.

User avatar
New Jordslag
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10463
Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 pm

The Emerald Dragon wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name:B-15 Sonic Rifle (Nicknamed a 'Screecher')
Military/Civilian:Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes. It's a rifle used by the Special Forces.
Cost of Tech IRL: 40,000 USD


Fixed, as that technology WON'T come cheap.

I see. So that would equal...

2,000 Kroners.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.


And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Alegeharia wrote:Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name:Shadow jumper
Military/Civilian: Secret service(assassins only)
Mass Production: Yes/No Made only by those who erned the right
Cost of Tech IRL: 2k
Description: A type of technology that very few people can control it is a way of teleporting through a shadow and is only used by the king/head and his select few.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Energy Sheild
Military/Civilian: Select cities
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 2.5 million every 2 months
Description: Protects certain cities mainly the capitol from most projectiles. CANNOT Survive 2 nuclear rounds

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name:FN-P90
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $700
Dexcription: its an smg ._.

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name: Colt 1911
Military/Civilian: Standard issue side arm for the Military/ Buyable by civilians
Mass Production: Yes/No yes
Cost of Tech IRL: 400
Dexcription: Very nice pistol.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Battlesuits (eg MJOLNIR)
Military/Civilian: Military only.
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 3.5 billion every 5 pieces
Dexcription: Armored suits that use sheilding to protect the user. EXPENSIVE piece of tech that is give twice a year to 5 people.

All rejected except for M1911, and FN-P90, as they are far too advanced. Battlesuits are under consideration.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Ghondra wrote:
Alegeharia wrote:Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name:Shadow jumper
Military/Civilian: Secret service(assassins only)
Mass Production: Yes/No Made only by those who erned the right
Cost of Tech IRL: 2k
Description: A type of technology that very few people can control it is a way of teleporting through a shadow and is only used by the king/head and his select few.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Energy Sheild
Military/Civilian: Select cities
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 2.5 million every 2 months
Description: Protects certain cities mainly the capitol from most projectiles. CANNOT Survive 2 nuclear rounds

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name:FN-P90
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $700
Dexcription: its an smg ._.

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name: Colt 1911
Military/Civilian: Standard issue side arm for the Military/ Buyable by civilians
Mass Production: Yes/No yes
Cost of Tech IRL: 400
Dexcription: Very nice pistol.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Battlesuits (eg MJOLNIR)
Military/Civilian: Military only.
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 3.5 billion every 5 pieces
Dexcription: Armored suits that use sheilding to protect the user. EXPENSIVE piece of tech that is give twice a year to 5 people.

All rejected except for M1911, and FN-P90, as they are far too advanced. Battlesuits are under consideration.


really? my country can afford and do all of it :/ even the shadow thingy? becuase teleportation has been delved into a bit
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8574
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:30 am

I think exoskeletons are the first necessary step in Early PMT before full battlesuits.

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Powered Exoskeleton
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $150,000+ per unit

Supported by: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton
Last edited by Cymrea on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pronounced: [KIM]-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Malifaux City (Malifaux), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:41 am

Cymrea wrote:I think exoskeletons are the first necessary step in Early PMT before full battlesuits.

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Powered Exoskeleton
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $150,000+ per unit

Supported by: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

Factor in all the scenarios though go.by budgets
Education: $6,938,142,515,740.80 10%
Defence: $13,876,285,031,481.60 20%
Law & Order: $7,631,956,767,314.88 11%
Administration: $4,162,885,509,444.48 6%
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Ptolemais
Minister
 
Posts: 3366
Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 am

I guess i'll test the waters with some staple Early PMT tech.

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Railgun
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Power restrictions would mean in this time period, no. Not man portable.
Cost of Tech IRL: Development would likely be in the hundreds of millions, however simply constructing a railgun would not be prohibitively expensive. The energy source is the most expensive component. Ammunition is also fairly cheap when compared to conventional explosives. Maintenance is minimal as well. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Anti-Air Laser
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Power restrictions mean it would need to be mounted on something capable of producing lots of energy, such as a warship or defensive installation. Not man portable.
Cost of Tech IRL: Hundreds of millions in development, requires a large source of energy for operation.

Tech Level: Early-Mid PMT
Tech Name: Sub-Orbital Flight
Military/Civilian: Both, but mostly civilian
Mass Production: Yes/No N/A
Cost of Tech IRL: Expensive, but would reduce fuel costs and travel time across great distances, such as between continents.

Tech Level: Early-Mid PMT
Tech Name: Quantum Computing
Military/Civilian: Both
Mass Production: Yes/No N/A
Cost of Tech IRL: Huge development costs, but would revolutionize computing. Exponentially increase processing speed and allow for smaller, more powerful computers. Eventually, the cost burden might not be too much for personal use, but initially would be restricted to major corporations and state armies.

Tech Level: Early PMT+
Tech Name: Artificial Intelligence
Military/Civilian: Both
Mass Production: Yes/No N/A
Cost of Tech IRL: Most would be sunk into development costs. In the earliest stages, could be used to automate many functions, from shipyard loading/unloading management to warship combat functions beyond those capable of modern automation technology. Would likely need quantum computing.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Mobile Suits (Mecha)
Military/Civilian: Both, civilian at first, military application later.
Mass Production: Yes/No Early on, no. Late, possibly.
Cost of Tech IRL: Extremely costly, and only the most advanced industrial nations could afford this technology in the near future. Prohibitively costly due to limits of mechanical engineering which would need to be overcome, but IRL USA/Japan have made great strides in this regard. Initially would likely be used for industrial applications, such as a more manoeuvrable/durable forklift. Think of the suits from Alien. Military applications are possible, and initially could revolutionize warfare by further increasing the mobility of armour, however this would likely be a bit further in the future. Thinking the earliest Knightmares from Code Geass.
Last edited by Ptolemais on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:02 am

Ptolemais wrote:I guess i'll test the waters with some staple Early PMT tech.

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Railgun
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Power restrictions would mean in this time period, no. Not man portable.
Cost of Tech IRL: Development would likely be in the hundreds of millions, however simply constructing a railgun would not be prohibitively expensive. The energy source is the most expensive component. Ammunition is also fairly cheap when compared to conventional explosives. Maintenance is minimal as well. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Anti-Air Laser
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Power restrictions mean it would need to be mounted on something capable of producing lots of energy, such as a warship or defensive installation. Not man portable.
Cost of Tech IRL: Hundreds of millions in development, requires a large source of energy for operation.

Tech Level: Early-Mid PMT
Tech Name: Sub-Orbital Flight
Military/Civilian: Both, but mostly civilian
Mass Production: Yes/No N/A
Cost of Tech IRL: Expensive, but would reduce fuel costs and travel time across great distances, such as between continents.

Tech Level: Early-Mid PMT
Tech Name: Quantum Computing
Military/Civilian: Both
Mass Production: Yes/No N/A
Cost of Tech IRL: Huge development costs, but would revolutionize computing. Exponentially increase processing speed and allow for smaller, more powerful computers. Eventually, the cost burden might not be too much for personal use, but initially would be restricted to major corporations and state armies.

Tech Level: Early PMT+
Tech Name: Artificial Intelligence
Military/Civilian: Both
Mass Production: Yes/No N/A
Cost of Tech IRL: Most would be sunk into development costs. In the earliest stages, could be used to automate many functions, from shipyard loading/unloading management to warship combat functions beyond those capable of modern automation technology. Would likely need quantum computing.


Railgun and quantum seem fine for me I would put ai on consider when u say ai dunno mean.like cortana or more like Wellesley everything would most likely be rejected
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Ptolemais
Minister
 
Posts: 3366
Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 am

Alegeharia wrote:
Railgun and quantum seem fine for me I would put ai on consider when u say ai dunno mean.like cortana or more like Wellesley everything would most likely be rejected


Initial AI would just be a very advanced computer capable of independent operation and decision making in certain circumstances. Definitely not like Cortana from Halo, that's far too advanced. I'm thinking of this being applied mostly to warships and aircraft. This would allow for significantly less crew, or in the case of aircraft none at all.
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 am

Ptolemais wrote:
Alegeharia wrote:
Railgun and quantum seem fine for me I would put ai on consider when u say ai dunno mean.like cortana or more like Wellesley everything would most likely be rejected


Initial AI would just be a very advanced computer capable of independent operation and decision making in certain circumstances. Definitely not like Cortana from Halo, that's far too advanced. I'm thinking of this being applied mostly to warships and aircraft. This would allow for significantly less crew, or in the case of aircraft none at all.

Then should be fine (and will be using these to now :P XD)
But I'm only co op so ghondra will give final word
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
New Jordslag
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10463
Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Tech Level: MT
Tech Name: V-78 Assault Rifle
Military/Civilian: Staple Military Gun, although Civilians are allowed to purchase it.
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes. It is the Military's staple gun.
Cost of Tech IRL: 320$.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Call-Chip
Military/Civilian: Totally Civilian.
Mass Production: Yes/No Nope. Only for the upper class for now, due to expenses.
Cost of Tech IRL: $50,000.
Desc: It is a chip implanted into the side of your head. It allows you to call people through it. It is like a Phone you never have to pick up. You can set the chip to picking up calls automatically, or manual, letting you decide whether to pick up a specific call.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.


And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:36 pm

New Jordslag wrote:Tech Level: MT
Tech Name: V-78 Assault Rifle
Military/Civilian: Staple Military Gun, although Civilians are allowed to purchase it.
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes. It is the Military's staple gun.
Cost of Tech IRL: 320$.

Tech Level: PMT
Tech Name: Call-Chip
Military/Civilian: Totally Civilian.
Mass Production: Yes/No Nope. Only for the upper class for now, due to expenses.
Cost of Tech IRL: $50,000.
Desc: It is a chip implanted into the side of your head. It allows you to call people through it. It is like a Phone you never have to pick up. You can set the chip to picking up calls automatically, or manual, letting you decide whether to pick up a specific call.

both are good in my vote
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8574
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:37 am

Alegeharia wrote:
Cymrea wrote:I think exoskeletons are the first necessary step in Early PMT before full battlesuits.

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Powered Exoskeleton
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $150,000+ per unit

Supported by: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

Factor in all the scenarios though go.by budgets
Education: $6,938,142,515,740.80 10%
Defence: $13,876,285,031,481.60 20%
Law & Order: $7,631,956,767,314.88 11%
Administration: $4,162,885,509,444.48 6%


For what am I factoring all the budgets, unit price?
Pronounced: [KIM]-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Malifaux City (Malifaux), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8574
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 am

Ptolemais wrote:
Alegeharia wrote:
Railgun and quantum seem fine for me I would put ai on consider when u say ai dunno mean.like cortana or more like Wellesley everything would most likely be rejected


Initial AI would just be a very advanced computer capable of independent operation and decision making in certain circumstances. Definitely not like Cortana from Halo, that's far too advanced. I'm thinking of this being applied mostly to warships and aircraft. This would allow for significantly less crew, or in the case of aircraft none at all.

In conjunction with the AI-controlled aircraft:

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Drone fighters/bombers
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $85 million+ per unit
Pronounced: [KIM]-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Malifaux City (Malifaux), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:45 am

Cymrea wrote:
Ptolemais wrote:
Initial AI would just be a very advanced computer capable of independent operation and decision making in certain circumstances. Definitely not like Cortana from Halo, that's far too advanced. I'm thinking of this being applied mostly to warships and aircraft. This would allow for significantly less crew, or in the case of aircraft none at all.

In conjunction with the AI-controlled aircraft:

Tech Level: Early PMT
Tech Name: Drone fighters/bombers
Military/Civilian: Military
Mass Production: Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: $85 million+ per unit


As I stated on the OOC Thread, you and the other mods are allowed to approve applications for Tech, same for the mods themselves. But you are also required to post your apps (and you can't approve your own apps)

Accepted.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8574
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:00 am

I saw that. :)

Not approving one's own app makes sense, and I figured that was the case.

Drone fighters and bombers are in! This clears the way for a friendly Helvetia-Persica air superiority rivalry. ;)
Pronounced: [KIM]-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Malifaux City (Malifaux), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:22 am

Cymrea wrote:
Alegeharia wrote:Factor in all the scenarios though go.by budgets
Education: $6,938,142,515,740.80 10%
Defence: $13,876,285,031,481.60 20%
Law & Order: $7,631,956,767,314.88 11%
Administration: $4,162,885,509,444.48 6%


For what am I factoring all the budgets, unit price?

if its possible for the tech level they claim
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am

Cymrea wrote:I saw that. :)

Not approving one's own app makes sense, and I figured that was the case.

Drone fighters and bombers are in! This clears the way for a friendly Helvetia-Persica air superiority rivalry. ;)

are you sure? i have a hiiiigh airforce :P
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:41 am

Tech Level: pmt
Tech Name: Mobile Hacker Rig
Military/Civilian: Military Spec ops (more likely the assassin teams)
Mass Production: Yes/Nono
Cost of Tech IRL: 250k
Description: Small pads and bags for different types of hacking missions
Pad: Like a pipboy but works like CTOS From watchdogs. Can hack anything that runs by computer in 50 meter radious cannot hack major/military devices
Messenger bag: The much more heavy duty version of the pad. This one can hack everything including guns that have computer chips in them works in a 25 meter radious.

Tech Level:MT
Tech Name:HUD Glasses
Military/Civilian: separate versions for both
Mass Production: Yes/No Yes
Cost of Tech IRL: 100k for military and 1k for civvie
Description:HUD glassses work like google glass for civilians but give current health status vitals and all that good stuff. The military version also highlights possible enemies, bosses, allies and objectives. The mil version also has built in night vision.

Tech Level:PMT
Tech Name: Camo device
Military/Civilian: Spec ops only (and assassins)
Mass Production: Yes/No No
Cost of Tech IRL: 500 mil
Description: Cloaking device that can be very glitchy semi prototype phase
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 am

I am adding this to the requirements line (just added description to code)

Code: Select all

    [b]Tech Level:[/b]
    [b]Tech Name:[/b]
    [b]Military/Civilian:[/b]
    [b]Mass Production: Yes/No[/b]
    [b]Cost of Tech IRL:[/b]
    [b]Description:[/b]
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8574
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

Alegeharia wrote:
Cymrea wrote:
For what am I factoring all the budgets, unit price?

if its possible for the tech level they claim

A $13 trillion-dollar defence budget? I'm gonna say yup. :)
Pronounced: [KIM]-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Malifaux City (Malifaux), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Alegeharia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1635
Founded: Jul 20, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alegeharia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:42 am

Cymrea wrote:
Alegeharia wrote:if its possible for the tech level they claim

A $13 trillion-dollar defence budget? I'm gonna say yup. :)

Yup xD
Pretannia wrote:An Iberian assassin wearing a cross necklace, garbed in the typical white cloak of the assassin's creed series, but trimmed and adorned with silvery grey lupine furs, likewise, the hood and upper part of the robe is fur, the tail kept near the end. A number of pistols as well as a dagger kept on person, shrouded face, what can me made out is a strong jaw, tan skin, and graying black stubble.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Nauchrtenfield, The National Dominion of Hungary

Advertisement

Remove ads