NATION

PASSWORD

A World in Chaos: An Alt-Earth RP (OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

A World in Chaos: An Alt-Earth RP (OOC/Dead)

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 am

An Overview of the World Today
By Jean Moreau, IGDSA

The World Today is not the world the way it was befoe the 6/6 Attacks of 2006, the world before was a World in harmony, unified by the power of Peace, Goodwill, and Democracy the world over. But alas, everything must come to an end, with the good things ending a little bit too soon apparently.

After the end of the Cold War, a War in the Shadows which has repeatedly threatened the world with total oblivion by Atomic Fire, the Nations of the World did not know what to do, after all the existence of so many advances in society, technology, and even Humanity itself has been spurred by the threat of War, so the nations f the world made a compact, to never again see the fires of war consume their peoples. Alas that compact was consumed by Naivete and overt optimism, it was just Human Nature to pursue conflict wherever it might lie.

In the Levant, and the lands of the religion who has so long ago has been synonymous with peace, goodwill, and the pursuit of knowledge has been disenfranchised and prejudiced by the world at large for the actions of the few who wish to see it change to a religion of oppression and ignorance. All the while the promised land is threatened to be engulfed by nuclear fire and Sectarian Conflict.

In the Old World, despite the veil of civilization and peace lies a corruption that threatens to engulf the continent, with the Lands of the East threatening to once again establish a system, an anachronism of the new virtues of a reborn world.

In the New World, the Powers that be, locked in a state of paranoia, conservatism, and rejection of progress threatens to restore the old order of threats, terror, and war,

And in the lands of deserts, rainforests, and tribes lie the everlasting corruption of the old world, threatened with Sectarian conflict born from a century of Colonial Rule.

No this is not the promised world of peace, and global harmony. In this World in Chaos, only human nature can prevail. Ironic, as Human Nature was the thing that got us into this mess.

Image

Clockwise from Top-left: View of the Victoria City WTC smoking, Coalition Forces move in for Operation Viper, Jordslagi police battles Pro-Independence protesters in Uversk Province, and the Dallian Wall is torn down, marking the end of the Cold War.


The 21st Century marked a great time of Strife for Terra, with War, Terrorism, and General Instability regnant in the post 6/6 World. This RP is sent in an Alternate Earth with different Geography, and all that, sort of like Ace Combat's World of Strangereal, not at all dissimilar from our own post-9/11 World. The link to the original interest thread is above.

TAKE NOT THAT THIS RP IS SET IN 2014 A.D. BUT IN TERRA (duh!)

Delete the texts in Parentheses
Code: Select all
[b]MY SIGNUP:[/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]RP Nation Name:[/b] (If same as your Nation Name leave blank)
[b]Form of Government:[/b]
[b]Economic System:[/b]
[b]Political Ideology:[/b]
[b]Capital City:[/b]
[b]Largest City:[/b]
-------------------------
[b]Government: (Head of State, Head of Government)[/b]
[b]National Language:[/b]
[b]Demonym:[/b]
[b]Legislature:[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Population Density:[/b]
[b]Territory:[/b] (Use Map Claims, and calculate the size of your Country)
[b]Flag:[/b] (Link or use Spoilers please)
[b]Ethnicities:[/b]
-------------------------
[b]GDP:[/b]
[b]GDP/Capita:[/b]
[b]Currency:[/b]
[b]Exchange Rate to USD:[/b]
[b]Main Exports:[/b]
[b]Main Imports:[/b]
--------------------------
[b]Military:[/b] (Brief Overview, Description, and Size)
[list]Navy: (If Land-Locked leave blank)
[b]Army:[/b]
[b]Air Force:[/list][/b]
[b]Tech Level:[/b]
---------------------------
[b]A Brief History of My Nation:[/b]


International Organizations Signup Sheet:
Code: Select all
International Organization Name:
Founding Document:
Type: (Defense Alliance, Common Market, Currency Union, etc.)
Member-States: (You may invite other players, either in the OOC, or through TG)
Reason for Foundation:
A Brief History:


THE COMMANDMENTS!
1. Thou shalt not Godmod!
2. Thine Nation shalt not control an entire Continent!
3. Thou Shalt not Troll, Flamebait, or Bully!
4. Thou shalt abide by the Commandments!
5. Thou Shalt be Realistic
6. Thine Tech shalt not exceed Early PMT


Tech Thread
IC Thread OPEN
Original Interest Thread
United Nations Thread
AEGIS Alliance Thread
TOTO Alliance Thread
HETALIA VERSION!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

STATISTICS COMPILATION:
Credits to Ptolemais for making this, thanks Ptol :hug:

POPULATION (in millions)
1. Alegeharia - 1250
2. Andoria - 910
3. Taehan - 776
4. Falconmont - 734
5. Ghondra - 650
6. Persica - 550
7. Jordslag-Valim - 475
8. Prussenija - 471
9. Aqruthia - 274
10. Helvetia - 86
11. EUP - 75
12. Kolterung - 62
13. Jiade - 40


GDP PER CAPITA
1. Helvetia - 164,500
2. Jiade - 64,646
3. Kolterung - 38,000
4. Prussenija - 35,174
5. Taehan - 34,795
6. Ghondra - 34,287
7. Jordslag-Valim - 31,534
8. Alegeharia - 29,875
9. Andoria - 26,898
10. Persica - 24,875
11. EUP - 19,639
12. Aqruthia - 19,586
13. Falconmont - 15,513


GDP TOTAL (in trillions)
1. Alegeharia - 37.3
2. Taehan - 27.0
3. Andoria - 24.5
4. Ghondra - 22.3
5. Prussenija - 16.6
6. Jordslag-Valim - 15.0
7. Helvetia - 14.1
8. Persica - 13.7
9. Falconmont - 11.4
10. Aqruthia - 5.4
11. Jiade - 2.6
12. Kolterung - 2.4
13. EUP - 1.5


ACTIVE MILITARY (in millions)
Athartha - 57 (5.7% percent of population...)
Ghondra - 32.5 (5.0%)
Falconmont - 10.5 (1.4%)
Alegeharia - 7 (0.56%)
Persica - 5.5 (1%)
Aqruthia - 4.5 (1.6%)
Jordslag-Valim - 4 (0.4%) (and 22,000 planes, almost 2x the US Air Force!)
Helvetia - 1 (1.2%)
Jiăde - 0.3 (0.75%)
EUP - 0.55 (0.73%)
Prussenija - N/A
Andoria - N/A[/b]


MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: Empire of Ghondra
RP Nation Name: The United Empire of Ghondra and Gaella
Form of Government: Prussian-Styled Constitutional Monarchy/Westminster-based Parliamentary Democracy
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism
Political Ideology: Libertarian Capitalist
Capital City: Victoria City
Largest City: Bismarck
-------------------------
Government: (Head of State, Head of Government)
National Language: Ghondranic (English)
Demonym: Ghondran
Legislature:
    Upper House: House of Lords
    Lower House: Parliament & House of Commons
Population: 650 Million
Population Density: 85/km2
Territory: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o56 ... 57c59b.png
Flag: http://www.nationstates.net/images/flag ... 897915.jpg
Ethnicities:
65% Ghondran
25% Gael
6% Persican
4% Athartan
-------------------------
GDP: $44,745,004,182,922.53
GDP/Capita: $34,287.36
Currency: Imperial Poundsterling
Exchange Rate to USD: 1 Imperial Poundsterling=1.72 USD
Main Exports: Electronics, Cars, Aerial Vehicles, Iron, Wood, Fish, Cattle, Corn, Ships, Computers and Technologies (Produce Crude Oil, but Export is banned)
Main Imports: Rare Earth Materials, Rare Minerals
Last edited by Ghondra on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:20 am, edited 27 times in total.

User avatar
Jamessonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7702
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamessonia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:38 am

MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: Jamessonia
RP Nation Name: Athartha
Form of Government: Parliamentary Deomcracy
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism
Political Ideology: Conservative
Capital City: Ceapanach
Largest City: Ceapanach
-------------------------
Government:
Ceannaire Faolán Mac Domhnaill
Taoiseach Dónal Ó Raghallaigh
National Language: Athartan (similar to Irish)
Demonym: Cine
Legislature:
Parliament
High Courts
Population: 1,000,000,000
Population Density: WIP
Territory:
Image
Flag:
Image
Ethnicities: Almost 100% Athartan, since the nation isn't typically welcoming of others.
-------------------------
GDP: $34,072,183,471,625.43
GDP/Capita: 34,072
Currency: Mona
Exchange Rate to USD: 1.36 mona:1 USD
Main Exports: Wheat, grains, livestock, wool, industrial materials
Main Imports: Dyes, cotton, iron, copper, other metals
--------------------------
Military: 57,000,000 men
    Navy: 370 ships
    Army: 8,000,000 (20% active duty)
    Air Force:
    28,000 planes
Tech Level: Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation: Atharta was originally home to many bands of warriors, varying in size and strength. Each of these bands would control different amounts of territory, in different places, all throughout the early history of the land. Most of this time period is shrouded in legend, but the story has it that one especially powerful chief managed to unite all of the bands into one larger nation, through either diplomacy or outright conquest. He named himself the first Ceannaire, or leader, of the new nation. This title is now used to refer to the chief leader of the executive branch. The nation lived relatively peacefully, trading with its neighbors and warring with them as well. The northern Athartan border has never really been defined, and they live in a state of uneasy peace with [insert northern nation here].
Last edited by Jamessonia on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Last edited by Max Stirner on Thu June 26, 1856, edited 48 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31
“We are convinced that liberty without socialism is privilege, injustice; and that socialism without liberty is slavery and brutality.”
- Mikhail Bakunin


"I shall find enough anyhow who unite with me without swearing allegiance to my flag."
- Max Stirner

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:32 am

Jamessonia wrote:MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: Jamessonia
RP Nation Name: Athartha
Form of Government: Parliamentary Deomcracy
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism
Political Ideology: Conservative
Capital City: Ceapanach
Largest City: Ceapanach
-------------------------
Government:
Ceannaire Faolán Mac Domhnaill
Taoiseach Dónal Ó Raghallaigh
National Language: Athartan (similar to Irish)
Demonym: Cine
Legislature:
Parliament
High Courts
Population: 1,000,000,000
Population Density: WIP
Territory: Flag: Ethnicities: Almost 100% Athartan, since the nation isn't typically welcoming of others.
-------------------------
GDP: $34,072,183,471,625.43
GDP/Capita: 34,072
Currency: Mona
Exchange Rate to USD: 1.36 mona:1 USD
Main Exports: Wheat, grains, livestock, wool, industrial materials
Main Imports: Dyes, cotton, iron, copper, other metals
--------------------------
Military: 57,000,000 men
    Navy: 370 ships
    Army: 8,000,000 (20% active duty)
    Air Force:
    28,000 planes
Tech Level: Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation: Atharta was originally home to many bands of warriors, varying in size and strength. Each of these bands would control different amounts of territory, in different places, all throughout the early history of the land. Most of this time period is shrouded in legend, but the story has it that one especially powerful chief managed to unite all of the bands into one larger nation, through either diplomacy or outright conquest. He named himself the first Ceannaire, or leader, of the new nation. This title is now used to refer to the chief leader of the executive branch. The nation lived relatively peacefully, trading with its neighbors and warring with them as well. The northern Athartan border has never really been defined, and they live in a state of uneasy peace with [insert northern nation here].


Fix the map first, and use the image with my nation's borders so we can standardize.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Jamessonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7702
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamessonia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 am

Ghondra wrote:
Jamessonia wrote:MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: Jamessonia
RP Nation Name: Athartha
Form of Government: Parliamentary Deomcracy
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism
Political Ideology: Conservative
Capital City: Ceapanach
Largest City: Ceapanach
-------------------------
Government:
Ceannaire Faolán Mac Domhnaill
Taoiseach Dónal Ó Raghallaigh
National Language: Athartan (similar to Irish)
Demonym: Cine
Legislature:
Parliament
High Courts
Population: 1,000,000,000
Population Density: WIP
Territory: Flag: Ethnicities: Almost 100% Athartan, since the nation isn't typically welcoming of others.
-------------------------
GDP: $34,072,183,471,625.43
GDP/Capita: 34,072
Currency: Mona
Exchange Rate to USD: 1.36 mona:1 USD
Main Exports: Wheat, grains, livestock, wool, industrial materials
Main Imports: Dyes, cotton, iron, copper, other metals
--------------------------
Military: 57,000,000 men
    Navy: 370 ships
    Army: 8,000,000 (20% active duty)
    Air Force:
    28,000 planes
Tech Level: Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation: Atharta was originally home to many bands of warriors, varying in size and strength. Each of these bands would control different amounts of territory, in different places, all throughout the early history of the land. Most of this time period is shrouded in legend, but the story has it that one especially powerful chief managed to unite all of the bands into one larger nation, through either diplomacy or outright conquest. He named himself the first Ceannaire, or leader, of the new nation. This title is now used to refer to the chief leader of the executive branch. The nation lived relatively peacefully, trading with its neighbors and warring with them as well. The northern Athartan border has never really been defined, and they live in a state of uneasy peace with [insert northern nation here].


Fix the map first, and use the image with my nation's borders so we can standardize.

I'm no good at maps, that was basically my best effort. I don't have paint, I'm on a Mac.
Last edited by Max Stirner on Thu June 26, 1856, edited 48 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31
“We are convinced that liberty without socialism is privilege, injustice; and that socialism without liberty is slavery and brutality.”
- Mikhail Bakunin


"I shall find enough anyhow who unite with me without swearing allegiance to my flag."
- Max Stirner

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 am

Jamessonia wrote:
Ghondra wrote:
Fix the map first, and use the image with my nation's borders so we can standardize.

I'm no good at maps, that was basically my best effort. I don't have paint, I'm on a Mac.

Ok, I'll use my laptop to define your borders, is that alright with you? I'm using your original map as an example so no need to worry about having a smaller territory.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Jamessonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7702
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamessonia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:37 am

Ghondra wrote:
Jamessonia wrote:I'm no good at maps, that was basically my best effort. I don't have paint, I'm on a Mac.

Ok, I'll use my laptop to define your borders, is that alright with you? I'm using your original map as an example so no need to worry about having a smaller territory.

That's completely fine. I'm not really worried about territory anyway.
Last edited by Max Stirner on Thu June 26, 1856, edited 48 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31
“We are convinced that liberty without socialism is privilege, injustice; and that socialism without liberty is slavery and brutality.”
- Mikhail Bakunin


"I shall find enough anyhow who unite with me without swearing allegiance to my flag."
- Max Stirner

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:29 am

I changed your nation's position Jamessonia, is that okay, now it borders me.

Image
Last edited by Ghondra on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Trisian
Envoy
 
Posts: 224
Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:58 am

Reserving this part.
Image

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:03 am

Trisian wrote:Reserving this part.

Can you use the updated map above?
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Renetopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1625
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Renetopia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 am

MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: Renetopia
RP Nation Name: Jiade
Form of Government: Federal parliamentary democracy
Economic System: Free market socialism
Political Ideology: Centrism
Capital City: Qiye
Largest City: Qiye
-------------------------
Government: president Li Xing, prime minister Xun Jingshen
National Language: Jiadese (similar to Chinese)
Demonym: Jiadese
Legislature: Federal Legislative Council
Population: 40 million
Population Density: (I don't know how big is my claim, so...)
Territory: Image
Flag:
Image

Ethnicities: Jiadese (76%), Daominese (10%), Shamone (7%), Jundui (4%), Bingshanese (3%).
-------------------------
GDP: $2,585,876,984,508
GDP/Capita: $64,646
Currency: Jiadese Yingbi
Exchange Rate to USD: 1 JIY = 30.26 USD
Main Exports: Rice, fish, machinery, electronics, silver.
Main Imports: Tropical food, oil, gold.
--------------------------
Military: 97 thousand (30% in active duty); Jiade doesn't use it's military a lot
    Navy: 54 ships, 10 thousand personnel
    Army: 75 thousand
    Air Force:
100 planes, 12 thousand personnel
Tech Level: Late MT to Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation: Jiade was founded in 56 BC by Emperor Congming De Yi in order to unify the people and defeat the attacking Jundui tribes. They were defeated and sold as slaves for almost 500 years. During it's 2,070 years of existence, it was an empire three times, republic two times and a dictatorship two times. It's current state was formed in 1988 when a bloody revolution took down dictator Baichi Woshiyige. Since then, it's economy and technology has been rocketing sky high at an incredible rate. Since the 6/6 Attacks, it has doubled it's military size and introduced martial law in it's poorest and richest places in fear of a similar attack. Due to being a peaceful people, the Jiadese don't want anything to do with the outside world that might shatter their vision of paradise.
Last edited by Renetopia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:22 am

Renetopia wrote:MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: Renetopia
RP Nation Name: Jiǎde
Form of Government: Federal parliamentary democracy
Economic System: Free market socialism
Political Ideology: Centrism
Capital City: Qǐyè
Largest City: Qǐyè
-------------------------
Government: president Lǐ Xìng, prime minister Xùn Jīngshén
National Language: Jiǎdese (similar to Chinese)
Demonym: Jiǎdese
Legislature: Federal Legislative Council
Population: 40 million
Population Density: (I don't know how big is my claim, so...)
Territory: (Image)
Flag:
Ethnicities: Jiǎdese (76%), Dǎomínese (10%), Shāmòne (7%), Jūnduì (4%), Bīngshānese (3%).
-------------------------
GDP: $1,285,476,884,008
GDP/Capita: $32,136
Currency: Jiǎdese Yìngbì
Exchange Rate to USD: 1 JIY = 30.26 USD
Main Exports: Rice, fish, machinery, electronics, silver.
Main Imports: Tropical food, oil, gold.
--------------------------
Military: 97 thousand (30% in active duty); Jiǎde doesn't use it's military a lot
    Navy: 54 ships, 10 thousand personnel
    Army: 75 thousand
    Air Force:
100 planes, 12 thousand personnel
Tech Level: Late MT to Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation: Jiǎde was founded in 56 BC by Emperor Cōngmíng De Yī in order to unify the people and defeat the attacking Jūnduì tribes. They were defeated and sold as slaves for almost 500 years. During it's 2,070 years of existence, it was an empire three times, republic two times and a dictatorship two times. It's current state was formed in 1988 when a bloody revolution took down dictator Báichī Wǒshìyīgè. Since then, it's economy and technology has been rocketing sky high at an incredible rate. Since the 6/6 Attacks, it has doubled it's military size and introduced martial law in it's poorest and richest places in fear of a similar attack. Due to being a peaceful people, the Jiǎdese don't want anything to do with the outside world that might shatter their vision of paradise.

Rejected, because with your technology level, you will have to have a far larger GDP, either you have to increase your Economy, or lower your tech level.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Jamessonia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7702
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamessonia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:44 am

Ghondra wrote:I changed your nation's position Jamessonia, is that okay, now it borders me.


That's fine.
Last edited by Max Stirner on Thu June 26, 1856, edited 48 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31
“We are convinced that liberty without socialism is privilege, injustice; and that socialism without liberty is slavery and brutality.”
- Mikhail Bakunin


"I shall find enough anyhow who unite with me without swearing allegiance to my flag."
- Max Stirner

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:18 am

BUMP
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:18 am

BUMP
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Monkeykind
Senator
 
Posts: 4837
Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Monkeykind » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:36 am

Nation Name: Monkeykind
[b]RP Nation Name: Egatrene
Form of Government: Totalitarian Democracy
Economic System: State Capitalism
Political Ideology: Conservative
Capital City: Deepholt
Largest City: Pryvale
-------------------------
Government: Frederick Brodie Merrickson
National Language: English
Demonym: Egatrenians
Legislature:
Population:
Population Density:
Territory: (Use Map Claims, and calculate the size of your Country)
Flag: (Link or use Spoilers please)
Ethnicities:
-------------------------
GDP:
GDP/Capita:
Currency:
Exchange Rate to USD:
Main Exports:
Main Imports:
--------------------------
Military: (Brief Overview, Description, and Size)
    Navy: (If Land-Locked leave blank)
    Army:
    Air Force:

Tech Level:[/b]
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation:

A work in progress, is it OK so far?
Last edited by Monkeykind on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 am

Monkeykind wrote:
Nation Name: Monkeykind
RP Nation Name: Egatrene
Form of Government: Totalitarian Democracy
Economic System: State Capitalism
Political Ideology: Conservative
Capital City: Deepholt
Largest City: Pryvale
-------------------------
Government: Frederick Brodie Merrickson
National Language: English
Demonym: Egatrenians
Legislature:
Population:
Population Density:
Territory: (Use Map Claims, and calculate the size of your Country)
Flag: (Link or use Spoilers please)
Ethnicities:
-------------------------
GDP:
GDP/Capita:
Currency:
Exchange Rate to USD:
Main Exports:
Main Imports:
--------------------------
Military: (Brief Overview, Description, and Size)
    Navy: (If Land-Locked leave blank)
    Army:
    Air Force:

Tech Level:
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation:[/code]

A work in progress, is it OK so far?


Remove what's left of the BB code, and the text that you wrote like your Nation name, don't bold it.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Jordslag
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7886
Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:39 am

Ghondie, next time you post a picture of Jordslagi police battling Protestors, ask me first. It's polite, and I wasn't planning on playing my own nation anyway. But, if I must, I must. Thankies.

MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Jordslag.
RP Nation Name: The Union of Jordslag-Valim. (Think of Denmark-Norway. And just call it Jordslag-Valim.)
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism.
Political Ideology: Royalist.
Capital City: Elska
Largest City: Dýrlingur
-------------------------
Government: (Head of State, Head of Government)
King of Jordslag, Arch-Duke of Valim Piyotr II
National Language: Jordslagi (Norwegian), 40%
Valimi (Icelandic), 20%
Biorchi (Greenlandic), 10%
Mixed, 30%
Demonym: Jordslagi, Valimi, Biorchan. (Which one depends on your ethnicity.)
Legislature: The Royal Jordslagi Court
The Duke's Council of Valim
The Elders of the Biorchan

(These are the three Parliaments of the three union members.)
Population: 975,000,000
Population Density: 380/km
Territory:
Image

Flag: Union Flag
Ethnicities: Jordslagi, Valimi, Biorchan
-------------------------
GDP: 10,829,720,000,000
GDP/Capita: 31,534
Currency: The Kronen
Exchange Rate to USD: 1 Kronen = 20 USD
Main Exports: Steel, Gems, Oil
Main Imports: Food, Weapons, Cloth
--------------------------
Military: 30,000,000 men (15% active duty
    Navy: 10,000,000 men (1,000,000 men active), 130 ships
    Army: 15,000,000 men (2,000,000 active)
    Air Force:
5,000,000 men (1,000,000 active), 22,000 planes
Tech Level: Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation:
The first to be inhabited, and by far the oldest, land in the Union is Biorchi, land of eternal snow. Located in the north of the country, it has been inhabited since the beginning of Human Memory. They lived peaceful lives, divided into small clans, fishing and hunting their way through life. Then Men from the East came. Nobody quite knows what land they came from or why they came, but come they did. They created a Kingdom, in the central part of the lands now forming the Union, and then started ruining the peace of the region. They destroyed any indigenous villages in the center who dared defy them. The Biorchan, for their part, could only sadly watch on, pitying the villagers there, and feeling glad it wasn't them. Fearing they would turn North Next, the Biorchan ended their banning of any organized army, and formed militia groups, going out with their hunting weapons to patrol the border with the Strangers, who called themselves the 'Jonseegi'. Luckily for them, the Strangers turned South, to conquer villages there, and the militias went home.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, in the south, innumerous tribes of crazed, cannibalistic savages called the Veflemi tore each other apart in their Mountainous Homeland. That is, until the Jonseegi came. Their organized armies began patrolling the borders of the south, claiming any and all land they found for themselves. So, of course, the Veflemi, crazy as they were, ambushed their armies. In wildly uneven battles, Dozens of Veflemi armed with merely Sharpened sticks and Heavy Stones would die at the hands of their Metal Using foes. However, unlike the armies, more Veflemi were always there to replace them. Two entire armies collapsed before the Jonseegi pulled out of there. It was one of their worst defeats. Feeling angered at the sight of their hundreds of dead kin, the Veflemi now poured over the border, chasing after the armies, and quite literally trampling any villages they found in their way. The deeper they got into the Jonseegi's stolen land, however, the stiffer resistance came. In the end, the once-innumerous Veflemi were forced to turn back by terrified armies fighting desperately for their very lives. Soon, a Peace Treaty was signed, giving the Veflemi choice parts of Southern Jonseegi land, in exchange for a mutual defense pact that still stands today. Feeling safe with the terrifying Veflemi at their side, the Jonseegi fell into an era of peace, for hundreds of years.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now it is the Middle Ages. Over the years, Veflemi and Jonseegi language and ethnicity have changed, making the Veflemi now the semi-civilized Vanimi, and turning the once all-powerful and imperialistic Jonseegi into a proud but Over-Worked Bureaucracy, and changing their name to the Jorsavi. The Jorsavi, by this point, are no longer quite-Eastern, but not-quite-yet Western, being a mix of the original invaders and the Indigenous peoples. The genetics of the Vanimi remain the same, but they have picked up several Jorsavi habits and customs, and become more civilized by contact with them. Now then, this is a time where the era of peace is at the end. Not daring to even think of attacking the south again, the Jorsavi turn their greedy eyes North, to the Biorchan. The first incursion into Biorchan land is forced to turn back before they even make it 10 miles, due to the snowstorm. The next Incursion is smarter, and comes right as a snowstorm is ending, and brings more supplies. The Biorchan, realizing this incursion is more dangerous, pick up their weapons, and, thanks to numerous ambushes and the skill of Biorchan archers, drive off the Jorsavi. The Third Incursion is a bit more successful. It does mostly the same things as the Second, but this time it brings less weapons, to hint to the Biorchan that it comes in peace. The Biorchan, thankfully, get the message, and a few clans begin trade with the Jorsavi. Slowly, Jorsavi influence spreads throughout the Biorchan, until the Biorchan clans are little more then Jorsavi Protectorates. Soon, it peacefully brings them into the Union, and gives them a Parliament, the Elders of the Biorchan. Fast-forward to Modern Times now.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Since the middle ages, the Union has faced 20 minor insurgencies, and 3 major ones, and defeated them all. Most were by independent-minded Vanimi, who are, by now, called Valimi. They thought they had received enough of 'the benefits of colonization', and wanted no more Union Control. Of course, since not all Valimi felt this way, they failed. The Jorsavi, for their part, are now called the Jordslagi. The language change is mainly due to interbreeding with the Biorchan, who have not changed at all, except in numbers. Valimi and Biorchan numbers have shrunk greatly, while Jordslagi numbers have greatly grown. This is due to the fact that a increasing number of Biorchan and Valimi are marrying Jordslagi, to receive the benefits of living in Jordslag, the most fertile and prosperous and happy part of the land. There is currently a major insurgency going on in Biorchi. It is the longest running insurgency in the history of the union, mainly because it is hard to trek across the snowy lands of Biorchi. The Rebels currently control Biorchi's second-largest city, Taalakoit, which Union forces are now laying siege to. The economy is at a boom in Valima and Jordslag right now, while it has stabilized in Biorchi. Now that the inside is stable, for the most part, the union is attempting to establish contact with other countries.
Last edited by Jordslag on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Renetopia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1625
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Renetopia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:45 am

Ghondra wrote:Rejected, because with your technology level, you will have to have a far larger GDP, either you have to increase your Economy, or lower your tech level.

I edited it in my application. Is it OK?

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 am

Jordslag wrote:Ghondie, next time you post a picture of Jordslagi police battling Protestors, ask me first. It's polite, and I wasn't planning on playing my own nation anyway. But, if I must, I must. Thankies.

MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Jordslag.
RP Nation Name: The Union of Jordslag-Valim. (Think of Denmark-Norway. And just call it Jordslag-Valim.)
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism.
Political Ideology: Royalist.
Capital City: Elska
Largest City: Dýrlingur
-------------------------
Government: (Head of State, Head of Government)
King of Jordslag, Arch-Duke of Valim Piyotr II
National Language: Jordslagi (Norwegian), 40%
Valimi (Icelandic), 20%
Biorchi (Greenlandic), 10%
Mixed, 30%
Demonym: Jordslagi, Valimi, Biorchan. (Which one depends on your ethnicity.)
Legislature: The Royal Jordslagi Court
The Duke's Council of Valim
The Elders of the Biorchan

(These are the three Parliaments of the three union members.)
Population: 975,000,000
Population Density: 380/km
Territory: My apologies, I can't do maps.
Could I take that land East of you, Ghondie? Oh, and there is an Island in the middle. You own half. Can I have the other half? :p
Flag: [url=Union Flag]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111228101759/althistory/images/5/54/Flag_of_New_Oland_(Kalmar_Union).svg.png[/url]
Ethnicities: Jordslagi, Valimi, Biorchan
-------------------------
GDP: 10,829,720,000,000
GDP/Capita: 31,534
Currency: The Kronen
Exchange Rate to USD: 1 Kronen = 20 USD
Main Exports: Steel, Gems, Oil
Main Imports: Food, Weapons, Cloth
--------------------------
Military: 30,000,000 men (15% active duty
    Navy: 10,000,000 men (1,000,000 men active), 130 ships
    Army: 15,000,000 men (2,000,000 active)
    Air Force:
5,000,000 men (1,000,000 active), 22,000 planes
Tech Level: Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation:
The first to be inhabited, and by far the oldest, land in the Union is Biorchi, land of eternal snow. Located in the north of the country, it has been inhabited since the beginning of Human Memory. They lived peaceful lives, divided into small clans, fishing and hunting their way through life. Then Men from the East came. Nobody quite knows what land they came from or why they came, but come they did. They created a Kingdom, in the central part of the lands now forming the Union, and then started ruining the peace of the region. They destroyed any indigenous villages in the center who dared defy them. The Biorchan, for their part, could only sadly watch on, pitying the villagers there, and feeling glad it wasn't them. Fearing they would turn North Next, the Biorchan ended their banning of any organized army, and formed militia groups, going out with their hunting weapons to patrol the border with the Strangers, who called themselves the 'Jonseegi'. Luckily for them, the Strangers turned South, to conquer villages there, and the militias went home.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, in the south, innumerous tribes of crazed, cannibalistic savages called the Veflemi tore each other apart in their Mountainous Homeland. That is, until the Jonseegi came. Their organized armies began patrolling the borders of the south, claiming any and all land they found for themselves. So, of course, the Veflemi, crazy as they were, ambushed their armies. In wildly uneven battles, Dozens of Veflemi armed with merely Sharpened sticks and Heavy Stones would die at the hands of their Metal Using foes. However, unlike the armies, more Veflemi were always there to replace them. Two entire armies collapsed before the Jonseegi pulled out of there. It was one of their worst defeats. Feeling angered at the sight of their hundreds of dead kin, the Veflemi now poured over the border, chasing after the armies, and quite literally trampling any villages they found in their way. The deeper they got into the Jonseegi's stolen land, however, the stiffer resistance came. In the end, the once-innumerous Veflemi were forced to turn back by terrified armies fighting desperately for their very lives. Soon, a Peace Treaty was signed, giving the Veflemi choice parts of Southern Jonseegi land, in exchange for a mutual defense pact that still stands today. Feeling safe with the terrifying Veflemi at their side, the Jonseegi fell into an era of peace, for hundreds of years.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now it is the Middle Ages. Over the years, Veflemi and Jonseegi language and ethnicity have changed, making the Veflemi now the semi-civilized Vanimi, and turning the once all-powerful and imperialistic Jonseegi into a proud but Over-Worked Bureaucracy, and changing their name to the Jorsavi. The Jorsavi, by this point, are no longer quite-Eastern, but not-quite-yet Western, being a mix of the original invaders and the Indigenous peoples. The genetics of the Vanimi remain the same, but they have picked up several Jorsavi habits and customs, and become more civilized by contact with them. Now then, this is a time where the era of peace is at the end. Not daring to even think of attacking the south again, the Jorsavi turn their greedy eyes North, to the Biorchan. The first incursion into Biorchan land is forced to turn back before they even make it 10 miles, due to the snowstorm. The next Incursion is smarter, and comes right as a snowstorm is ending, and brings more supplies. The Biorchan, realizing this incursion is more dangerous, pick up their weapons, and, thanks to numerous ambushes and the skill of Biorchan archers, drive off the Jorsavi. The Third Incursion is a bit more successful. It does mostly the same things as the Second, but this time it brings less weapons, to hint to the Biorchan that it comes in peace. The Biorchan, thankfully, get the message, and a few clans begin trade with the Jorsavi. Slowly, Jorsavi influence spreads throughout the Biorchan, until the Biorchan clans are little more then Jorsavi Protectorates. Soon, it peacefully brings them into the Union, and gives them a Parliament, the Elders of the Biorchan. Fast-forward to Modern Times now.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Since the middle ages, the Union has faced 20 minor insurgencies, and 3 major ones, and defeated them all. Most were by independent-minded Vanimi, who are, by now, called Valimi. They thought they had received enough of 'the benefits of colonization', and wanted no more Union Control. Of course, since not all Valimi felt this way, they failed. The Jorsavi, for their part, are now called the Jordslagi. The language change is mainly due to interbreeding with the Biorchan, who have not changed at all, except in numbers. Valimi and Biorchan numbers have shrunk greatly, while Jordslagi numbers have greatly grown. This is due to the fact that a increasing number of Biorchan and Valimi are marrying Jordslagi, to receive the benefits of living in Jordslag, the most fertile and prosperous and happy part of the land. There is currently a major insurgency going on in Biorchi. It is the longest running insurgency in the history of the union, mainly because it is hard to trek across the snowy lands of Biorchi. The Rebels currently control Biorchi's second-largest city, Taalakoit, which Union forces are now laying siege to. The economy is at a boom in Valima and Jordslag right now, while it has stabilized in Biorchi. Now that the inside is stable, for the most part, the union is attempting to establish contact with other countries.


Yeah sorry for not telling you about the above picture, it was because you were inactive and I didn't wanna wait, again sorry. And yes you can have that land, if you have paint, can you mark the land you want?
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 am

Renetopia wrote:
Ghondra wrote:Rejected, because with your technology level, you will have to have a far larger GDP, either you have to increase your Economy, or lower your tech level.

I edited it in my application. Is it OK?

Accepted. Welcome :)
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Jordslag
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7886
Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 am

Ghondra wrote:
Jordslag wrote:Ghondie, next time you post a picture of Jordslagi police battling Protestors, ask me first. It's polite, and I wasn't planning on playing my own nation anyway. But, if I must, I must. Thankies.

MY SIGNUP:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Jordslag.
RP Nation Name: The Union of Jordslag-Valim. (Think of Denmark-Norway. And just call it Jordslag-Valim.)
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic System: Free Market Capitalism.
Political Ideology: Royalist.
Capital City: Elska
Largest City: Dýrlingur
-------------------------
Government: (Head of State, Head of Government)
King of Jordslag, Arch-Duke of Valim Piyotr II
National Language: Jordslagi (Norwegian), 40%
Valimi (Icelandic), 20%
Biorchi (Greenlandic), 10%
Mixed, 30%
Demonym: Jordslagi, Valimi, Biorchan. (Which one depends on your ethnicity.)
Legislature: The Royal Jordslagi Court
The Duke's Council of Valim
The Elders of the Biorchan

(These are the three Parliaments of the three union members.)
Population: 975,000,000
Population Density: 380/km
Territory: My apologies, I can't do maps.
Could I take that land East of you, Ghondie? Oh, and there is an Island in the middle. You own half. Can I have the other half? :p
Flag: [url=Union Flag]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111228101759/althistory/images/5/54/Flag_of_New_Oland_(Kalmar_Union).svg.png[/url]
Ethnicities: Jordslagi, Valimi, Biorchan
-------------------------
GDP: 10,829,720,000,000
GDP/Capita: 31,534
Currency: The Kronen
Exchange Rate to USD: 1 Kronen = 20 USD
Main Exports: Steel, Gems, Oil
Main Imports: Food, Weapons, Cloth
--------------------------
Military: 30,000,000 men (15% active duty
    Navy: 10,000,000 men (1,000,000 men active), 130 ships
    Army: 15,000,000 men (2,000,000 active)
    Air Force:
5,000,000 men (1,000,000 active), 22,000 planes
Tech Level: Early PMT
---------------------------
A Brief History of My Nation:
The first to be inhabited, and by far the oldest, land in the Union is Biorchi, land of eternal snow. Located in the north of the country, it has been inhabited since the beginning of Human Memory. They lived peaceful lives, divided into small clans, fishing and hunting their way through life. Then Men from the East came. Nobody quite knows what land they came from or why they came, but come they did. They created a Kingdom, in the central part of the lands now forming the Union, and then started ruining the peace of the region. They destroyed any indigenous villages in the center who dared defy them. The Biorchan, for their part, could only sadly watch on, pitying the villagers there, and feeling glad it wasn't them. Fearing they would turn North Next, the Biorchan ended their banning of any organized army, and formed militia groups, going out with their hunting weapons to patrol the border with the Strangers, who called themselves the 'Jonseegi'. Luckily for them, the Strangers turned South, to conquer villages there, and the militias went home.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, in the south, innumerous tribes of crazed, cannibalistic savages called the Veflemi tore each other apart in their Mountainous Homeland. That is, until the Jonseegi came. Their organized armies began patrolling the borders of the south, claiming any and all land they found for themselves. So, of course, the Veflemi, crazy as they were, ambushed their armies. In wildly uneven battles, Dozens of Veflemi armed with merely Sharpened sticks and Heavy Stones would die at the hands of their Metal Using foes. However, unlike the armies, more Veflemi were always there to replace them. Two entire armies collapsed before the Jonseegi pulled out of there. It was one of their worst defeats. Feeling angered at the sight of their hundreds of dead kin, the Veflemi now poured over the border, chasing after the armies, and quite literally trampling any villages they found in their way. The deeper they got into the Jonseegi's stolen land, however, the stiffer resistance came. In the end, the once-innumerous Veflemi were forced to turn back by terrified armies fighting desperately for their very lives. Soon, a Peace Treaty was signed, giving the Veflemi choice parts of Southern Jonseegi land, in exchange for a mutual defense pact that still stands today. Feeling safe with the terrifying Veflemi at their side, the Jonseegi fell into an era of peace, for hundreds of years.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now it is the Middle Ages. Over the years, Veflemi and Jonseegi language and ethnicity have changed, making the Veflemi now the semi-civilized Vanimi, and turning the once all-powerful and imperialistic Jonseegi into a proud but Over-Worked Bureaucracy, and changing their name to the Jorsavi. The Jorsavi, by this point, are no longer quite-Eastern, but not-quite-yet Western, being a mix of the original invaders and the Indigenous peoples. The genetics of the Vanimi remain the same, but they have picked up several Jorsavi habits and customs, and become more civilized by contact with them. Now then, this is a time where the era of peace is at the end. Not daring to even think of attacking the south again, the Jorsavi turn their greedy eyes North, to the Biorchan. The first incursion into Biorchan land is forced to turn back before they even make it 10 miles, due to the snowstorm. The next Incursion is smarter, and comes right as a snowstorm is ending, and brings more supplies. The Biorchan, realizing this incursion is more dangerous, pick up their weapons, and, thanks to numerous ambushes and the skill of Biorchan archers, drive off the Jorsavi. The Third Incursion is a bit more successful. It does mostly the same things as the Second, but this time it brings less weapons, to hint to the Biorchan that it comes in peace. The Biorchan, thankfully, get the message, and a few clans begin trade with the Jorsavi. Slowly, Jorsavi influence spreads throughout the Biorchan, until the Biorchan clans are little more then Jorsavi Protectorates. Soon, it peacefully brings them into the Union, and gives them a Parliament, the Elders of the Biorchan. Fast-forward to Modern Times now.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Since the middle ages, the Union has faced 20 minor insurgencies, and 3 major ones, and defeated them all. Most were by independent-minded Vanimi, who are, by now, called Valimi. They thought they had received enough of 'the benefits of colonization', and wanted no more Union Control. Of course, since not all Valimi felt this way, they failed. The Jorsavi, for their part, are now called the Jordslagi. The language change is mainly due to interbreeding with the Biorchan, who have not changed at all, except in numbers. Valimi and Biorchan numbers have shrunk greatly, while Jordslagi numbers have greatly grown. This is due to the fact that a increasing number of Biorchan and Valimi are marrying Jordslagi, to receive the benefits of living in Jordslag, the most fertile and prosperous and happy part of the land. There is currently a major insurgency going on in Biorchi. It is the longest running insurgency in the history of the union, mainly because it is hard to trek across the snowy lands of Biorchi. The Rebels currently control Biorchi's second-largest city, Taalakoit, which Union forces are now laying siege to. The economy is at a boom in Valima and Jordslag right now, while it has stabilized in Biorchi. Now that the inside is stable, for the most part, the union is attempting to establish contact with other countries.


Yeah sorry for not telling you about the above picture, it was because you were inactive and I didn't wanna wait, again sorry. And yes you can have that land, if you have paint, can you mark the land you want?

Nope. Not really. I don't have paint.

Since you know the general area i'm talking about, can you pick a piece of that area for me? I don't really care, so long as it's near you.

User avatar
Ghondra
Senator
 
Posts: 4354
Founded: Feb 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghondra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 am

Is this okay Jord?
Image
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

CURRENT STATUS: Splendid Isolation
IS A: Democratic Socialist, Liberal, ENTP/ENFP
Agrees on:
Gay Marriage, Civil Rights, Military Interventionism, Capitalism with Limits, Theory of Evolution, Equality for all, Free Education, and Universal Healthcare, Legalisation of Marijuana
Disagree on:
Militant Atheism, Wars of Aggression, Communism, Welfare to Parasites, Nazism, Fascism, Militarism.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Exelia wrote:It's all good till you have to wear a badge.

Listen to Jord, its good for your health

User avatar
Jordslag
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7886
Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:59 am

Ghondra wrote:Is this okay Jord?

The way I envisioned it, I owned a bit more land to the south, which would be Valim, but yeah, that looks perfectly fine. I'm good.

EDIT: Fixed mah app.
Last edited by Jordslag on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9514
Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 am

Can't get an app up today, but can I reserve this?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

User avatar
Jordslag
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7886
Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Can't get an app up today, but can I reserve this?

*Cuddlez Neo*

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: American Pere Housh, Dentali, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Kwadai, Northern Marsh, Puertollano, Ralnis, Sanabel, Spindle, The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness, The Peoples East Africa REBIRTH, The Republic of Atria, Toaslandia, Treneda

Advertisement

Remove ads