NATION

PASSWORD

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Mon looked up, swearing she'd been called for. A rather tall woman was currently on a collision course with her. She gulped as the confines of the bus seat allotted for only the most minimal space to move around. Try as she might, she couldn't get enough space to dodge Tsu, and was subjected to her bear hug tackle that also pinned her against the outside window. "Ish nish tshee yuu tu..." She said with her face firmly pressed into the glass.

"It's me,Tsuyoi Tamashi Busujima! Aka,Tsu!" She said snuggling the girl into a tight hug. Then let go if her and sat next to. "How has things been sense the last time I saw you?". The thought of her being dead didn't leave her memory just yet and sat their like metal weilded onto a tank, Has Mon died to?" She pondered but it aside to rejoice with her old friend. Whom,she patted on the head like she was a cat or dog.

Now possibly becoming even more so surrounded by women, Kage began to break into a cold sweat. It wasn't that women scared him or anything, but usually he wasn't surrounded by them, and as he looked around the rest of the bus, a strange man with ridges, the raptor, another man, and two other women were present. It seemed that the fates were against him, and even worse, it appeared he'd have to remain in close proximity to so many people for an extended period of time. All he had wanted was to move into the nice apartment building and enjoy working a decent and simple job at a local grocery store. Alas, 'twas not to be so simple and now he was beginning to feel as though he should just do what he always did in these situations and just rely on the spirit within him to take over. It didn't disappoint.

Within a mere winking of a second, there was a slight disposition change in his stature and blinking rapidly, the new entity within began to do its best to adjust to gaining control over the host shell it resided within. It wasn't a rare occurrence, but it was hardly a common occurrence either. Turning to the window and looking out over the girl's head, he could see a long desert expanse in every direction. Three gun shots rang out, and in a flash he was crouching behind the seat, his hand reflexive reaching across his torso for the blade which hadn't been in that place for some two thousand years. Not since his first host had died. Deciding he'd rather not be in charge at this precise moment, he promptly returned the favor to the lesser of the two personalities and forced him back to the surface. Not today Kage, you're on your own for this one.

"You basta-" the lance of pain oh so familiar arced through his mind and silenced him immediately. The pain, had it not been so intense, would have made the entire situation seem more comical, but thankfully that situation ended almost as quickly as it had started and suddenly a flashing of skin past him drew his attention to the rear seat of the bus, just behind him, and looking on, he tried to understand what had just happened. For a brief moment, a brilliantly red head was smushed under a layer of winged amazonian as the larger of the two girls quickly reacquainted herself. He smiled at the comical scene only further becoming amused at it as it unfolded. Now separated from the amazonians bosom, all eyes were on the read-haired girl as she was slowly pet like a small creature by the larger of the odd couple.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Rygondria wrote:
The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:""Good idea Bran, incognito is the way to go on this one." NVE answered Bran and handed him the Quantum Drill. "In any case we might need to refill the petrol tanks." he added then turned to face the passengers.

"Okay, we are going to the city up ahead. This dimension is stable and as far as I can tell the right one. We are just in the wrong place and time. There will be plenty of time for restroom breaks and to buy gas station food... speaking of which... does anyone have money?" he announced ah he picked up the broken radio and began fixing it.

Reginald searched his pockets for money. He then said with a exhausted voice," NVE i have five pounds two pence. a German mark. 2 sliver dollars and a chinese sliver coin. I knew i should of brought my gold sovereign bloody hell. Wait this desert looks familiar". Reginald then handed his various Victorian era money to Nve while he said," I am surprised this money survived my trip to this era. I am also surprised it survived the vehicle ride".

A now completely lime-green MB perked up from its perch on Swith's shoulder.

YOU BRITISH MEN NEED GOLD?

It reached for the rod and basin. I CAN GIVE.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Reginald searched his pockets for money. He then said with a exhausted voice," NVE i have five pounds two pence. a German mark. 2 sliver dollars and a chinese sliver coin. I knew i should of brought my gold sovereign bloody hell. Wait this desert looks familiar". Reginald then handed his various Victorian era money to Nve while he said," I am surprised this money survived my trip to this era. I am also surprised it survived the vehicle ride".

A now completely lime-green MB perked up from its perch on Swith's shoulder.

YOU BRITISH MEN NEED GOLD?

It reached for the rod and basin. I CAN GIVE.

Reginald stared at Mb and said out loud," Umm is that a talking rabbit or is the desert heat getting to my head. And if it is not a hallucination how could it provide me gold".

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Taking consideration to the words that Gio and Marcus and Mezran were giving her, Torii loosened up a little. She was still shaken, and it would take time for her to get completely over it.

"I guess you're right. It just didn't have to be that way.",

She sighed again, and let her gaze drift to Bran and NVE. "I don't think I'm fit to be a scientist.", Shd told the three people around her. "If that was science back there. I want to build stuff to help people, not steal and build death rays."

The teen finally sat up and leaned back. She brushed stray strands of her khaki-blonde hair out of the way and wiped forming tears out of her eyes, and took a good moment to breath and relax, all the while clutching her rifle for comfort.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

"Just leave the things here on the side of the road, I doubt the vultures will try to take it, it'll weigh less so we can save fuel. The Q-Drill can cut and mend nearly any material, although it has far shorter range than the spanner and can't fix electronics. However, it is good for cutting bone in an emergency and makeshift soldering gun." NVE said to Bran.

"American Southwest, not Texas, and the year is 2013. Not quite where we were going but good enough." he answered Marcus.

"Okay, if there is a numismatist in this town, we are pretty much set for the day." He commented to Reginald as he accepted the money of the various passengers that contributed. He noted Torii's reaction but said nothing, he wanted to observe her reactions to situations in order to anticipate future reactions.

"That is in fact a magical bunny, and you are not insane yet." he added then stared out the window at the pink elephant in his head that followed him everywhere. He already knew nobody else would see it as he had ignored that figment for years.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Giovenith blew bangs from her eyes and rolled them, though not in a mocking manner toward Torii. "Science isn't defined by what you do with it. Science is an understanding of the natural world around us and how it functions. Science is the process by which you figure out how to do a task, the facts you accumulate, the experiences you learn from. It's not all flashy lasers and techno music--those are the fruits of science, harvested by individuals with their own goals and interests in mind. Baby-You figures out through process of elimination that the triangle block doesn't go in the circle hole? Science. Primitive people put some gauze over a jar of meat and learn that flies don't spontaneously come into being from rotten meat? Science. Science is learning, but what you do with what you learn is all on you."

Giovenith was magical, but she wasn't academically ignorant or outdated.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:37 pm

"Gio's right Torii. Science was discovering the principals behind building this craft, of finding out why we had to. My not-quite-legal methods of obtaining the required materials are irrelevant. You have some soldier blood in you, useful for keeping alive but irrelevant when examining the natural world." NVE added.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Walking around the bus, Bran carefully removed the wings from the bus, placing each of them on the side of the road in the desert, making sure to keep the propellers clear of any sand that might get into them and jam them up. He read a book one time about the Italian Air Force fighting in the African Front, and how maintenance on planes in the desert was about twice as hard as it was in any other situation, save for maybe the cold arctic or something.

"Alright, leave them here, check. Someone else is driving. I can fly a bus, but driving one? Nah."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:46 pm

"Exactly, science isn't evil, NVE's just crazy," Giovenith said, then quickly turned to said mad scientist. "No offense Mr. Dinosaur, you know I love you and am grateful regardless." And weren't they all crazy?

Bran was apparently out of the flying business. The godling wasn't sure who among them could drive a bus, though. She'd heard it wasn't that hard.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:53 pm

MB ignored the silly British men.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:54 pm

"ACK!" Mon coughed and gasped for breath after Tsu let go. She sighed, started to slink, but perked up when she felt her hand coming across her head. She blushed a bit before trying to push her off. "Can we please get off the bus first? I've got a massive headache and the close-quarters isn't helping me." She didn't know when Tsu got so tall. She remembered her being a bit shorter, actually. And her wings being more erratic too. They looked like her pets now, and even were doing things normal people do. It was weird.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 pm

"Are ethics irrelevant as well?", Torii retorted.

"I just...I don't know..."

Torii didn't know how to drive a bus. Actually, she didn't know how to drive at all. That ruled her out, and she was glad. Being go front like that, literally, was awkward for her. She didn't want to be the one driving a beat up bus in the American Southwest. She didn't want to be in the USA at all. She believed the stereotype from back home about America, about the people being perverted and immoral, and hateful to their women, being rude, or having a lot of minorities. That was all stuff that disgusted her, but she didn't let her opinion be known. She gulped and wriggled in her seat.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:12 pm

As they chattered along before it, D4 was busy recuperating from yet another mental torrent. Whatever had occurred just then, connection was yet again back, it could receive the gentle stream of orders, commands, reminders, warnings, advisories, things, which flowed about the air on channels and frequencies alien to this world. Of course, something had changed. Its bright yellowish-white eyes stared outwards the glass pane, it had seemed as though they had merely teleported... but... the date was wrong.

Time never skips, not like this, it was causing the machine serious mental annoyance, so many reports and errors to file, this would certainly not bode well for future operations.Corrections had already been made, and resynchronization had been completed some time ago, but it still seemed to pick away at something within its own self - something was off yet again.

As it rearranged the archives in its mind and set things back in places where they were supposed to be, it stood up, rising from the back. Wires snaked about the floor before her silently, some digging into the weak metal flooring of the bus, exploring at their own whims the features of this strange machine, but none strayed too far from their source. D4 leaned against the back of the bus, staring at them as they conversed, listening, remembering all of which they said, interpreting every word, even those it could not understand. It overheard the girl, concerned with her actions, her doings. Pointless dramatics.

"Ethics are irrelevant. You did what was necessary, human, what was asked of you, and for that you and your companions have survived. Be merry." It said, its voice almost wholesomely female, but a machine growl was woven into its very soul.
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Monfrox wrote:"ACK!" Mon coughed and gasped for breath after Tsu let go. She sighed, started to slink, but perked up when she felt her hand coming across her head. She blushed a bit before trying to push her off. "Can we please get off the bus first? I've got a massive headache and the close-quarters isn't helping me." She didn't know when Tsu got so tall. She remembered her being a bit shorter, actually. And her wings being more erratic too. They looked like her pets now, and even were doing things normal people do. It was weird.

"Sorry!". Tsu stopped petting her and silently sat next to Mon. She was a giant compared to others,usually looking down a lot. She barely fits into door ways and has to bend over sometimes to get into places but she didn't mind her size and enjoyed it some.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 pm

"All the letters I get from the WA, UN, and WHO seem say ethics are important. Although the only thing that can skew results and make bad science is biases. If something makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to do it." NVE replied and considered taking the wheel. Anyone that knew NVE knew that he shouldn't be allowed to drive ever. Just look at what happened when all he had to do was drive a bus to the apartment.

Fortu was very unsettled by D4's presence, a creeping terror that froze the little head.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"Are ethics irrelevant as well?", Torii retorted.

"I just...I don't know..."

Torii didn't know how to drive a bus. Actually, she didn't know how to drive at all. That ruled her out, and she was glad. Being go front like that, literally, was awkward for her. She didn't want to be the one driving a beat up bus in the American Southwest. She didn't want to be in the USA at all. She believed the stereotype from back home about America, about the people being perverted and immoral, and hateful to their women, being rude, or having a lot of minorities. That was all stuff that disgusted her, but she didn't let her opinion be known. She gulped and wriggled in her seat.

"I don't think anyone here suggested they weren't," Giovenith said. "We just said it's up to the individual. Science isn't inherently unethical, it's only unethical if you, as a person using science, choose to act unethically. Science is the building tools, the simple ability to do things, you are the decision maker. Don't blame the tools or knowledge for a person's poor use of them. If you do behave badly, well, the consequences will come as they will. But that's not science's fault, it's yours. It's not the fault of the ability for simply existing, it's the fault of the person for using that ability for wrong-doing. Science is fact, not philosophy.

Like, it's a scientific fact that many kitchen blades can pierce through human skin. It's a scientific fact, that stabbing someone through the heart more than likely kills them. But is it science itself's fault when someone uses these facts to stab someone through the heart? No, it's the murderer's fault. Tools, decisions."
Last edited by Giovenith on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 pm

"I just don't know..."

Torii didn't. She didn't expect Gio to say stuff like that. Maybe, she thought, her friend would take a different stance when compared to the raptor, or the strange lady who...apparently wasn't human.

Instead, she got roughly the same answer. It was one that she really didn't like, either, and she couldn't handle it right now. She wanted to believe that they were at fault. Instead, it came down to "it's all irrelevant."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore.", Torii groaned. "I'm not sure anymore. I want to help people, but I don't want to let anyone down, and I don't want to steal and shoot stuff, but I want to help and adventure, and..."

And...and...Torii paused. She didn't even need to say that last bit. She was stupid for trying. She leaned over buried her head into her arms.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 pm

"We're going to try as best we can to make the right choices. Just hang on tight," Giovenith reassured.

Torii was honestly probably too far into her own depression for this to be a good subject for her right now. The girl was misunderstanding the words spoken... well, maybe not the non-human lady's words, which she thought were disturbing too. The real point was that just because it was wrong to do something, doesn't mean that thing stopped being possible to do. Science was the mere ability for it to be done, it had nothing to do with whether or not it should be done, there was no avocation or seal of approval for either way. You could only blame people for doing bad things, not the bad things themselves for being able to be done. That was no malefic, conscious decision, that was just how the world happened to function--and if there was one thing you had to learn, it was that the world didn't shape itself to suit your preferences.

The laws of nature were a hammer. You could make yourself a house, or bash someone's skull in. Either way, it was on you--the person who made the conscious choice to do either one--not the hammer. The fact that bashing people's skulls in was wrong did nothing to take away from the hammer's ability to do so, it was up to you to simply not pick up hammers and kill people.

"Does anyone here know how to drive?"
she/her

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:08 pm

"Yes, but various transportation agencies beg to differ as indicated by the massive amount of fines I've evaded." NVE answered Gio as he took the wheel and mashed the gas pedal. The bus sped off towards the city, swerving wildly on the road. NVE turned on the radio to get an idea of the atmosphere, as read by a soft, gentle and light-hearted male voice...
"...And listen! Get all that time in before the weekend, because this Saturday, it’s baseball season again! Desert Bluffs has just a great team this year. New manager Samantha Figgins is not only the first manager to get hired straight out of business school, but she also brings a powerful ethos of teamwork, fun, and responsibility.

Last year’s Sunbeams team had some excellent games, but they spent a lot of time just sitting on the bench with nothing to do, because only one person gets to bat at a time. This season, Figgins plans to keep her boys active with customer orders and accounts receivable spreadsheets.

Baseball is not an individual sport. They’re all in it together. As Figgins says, “It’s not about winning and losing or who you’re playing. It’s about building the strongest possible team brand.”

The Sunbeams also welcome a new owner in 2013:

StrexCorp Synernists Incorporated.
Look around you: Strex.
Look inside you: Strex.
Go to sleep: Strex.
Believe in a Smiling God: StrexCorp.
It is EVERYTHING.

Let’s have a peek at traffic!

The highway department says all roads are running smoothly. Smooth roads. Smooth concrete. Smooth tires. The slow undulating buzz of cars over slight hills. Hardtop streets gently gliding us all to our jobs and back home. The beat beat beat of society’s healthy heart as we all play parts in its exquisite body.

Oh! I’m getting one report that there are several stalled cars in the northbound lanes of Route 800, near Exit 66. Police are on the scene dealing with fistfights in the middle of the road!

Now, I can’t imagine why, in a beautiful town with so many kinds of yogurt stores and pony-petting stations, anyone would want to fight his neighbor. So hopefully that gets cleared up soon with a song and a hug...."

Then static broke the normal programming as a pirate signal came in with a more frantic familiar voice. "Is anyone out there? I see a ... Please get... here.... I'm hiding ... Radon Canyon... stop and... there in town" The signal faded and returned to the soothing community radio host.

NVE continued driving and soon approached a sign that read, "Welcome to Desert Bluffs!"

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Tsu ears perked to the radio,her wing that was reading the map got the one that was drinking the coffee to get Tsu's from their master,whom gave it the phone. Sadly,it died because the wing that had it decided to play candy crush instead of getting info on their location,after giving the phone back to it's master and a long-heated argument with the other wing in their own language, which is just a bunch of movements, it dissappeared along with the others inside Tsu. "Soo...Mr.Raptor,what is exactly desert bluff? Do you know anythimg about this place?". The tall lady asked curious about the desert environment.

"How hot does it get here?..very hot temperatures can disable my powers for as long as I'm their..". Even with her wings, Tsu without her icy powers was basically like a tank that could fire only it's machine gun.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:04 am

Mon held her head and tried deep breaths. "Are we there yet?" She asked, rubbing her temples. She made an offside glance to Swith, hoping that with the bus now fully functioning, she'd be able to help with this second soul business.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:34 am

Meanwhile, Rmwtyliin - knocked out by the stress of trying to keep multiple timelines straight on top of everything else - slept. If Kage moved, she'd wake and
Rmwtyliin had done her laughing in the obsolete timeline. In the "real" one, the exhaustion of trying to deal with the situation was overwhelming terror, or exhilaration. She might have laughed anyway if she hadn't remembered, as that was a way to cope; she'd laughed enough already. However, again, trying to deal had exhausted her; trying to comprehend multiple timelines, as she had no familiarity with the concept and did not even share a language with the few people who gave brief explanations over the general din, proved the last straw. Refusing to continue attempting to make sense of nonsense, Rmwtyliin pulled her knees up, rested her chin on them, and shut her eyes.

And so the girl slept, recuperating somewhat. It wasn't a deep sleep, because it really couldn't be, what with the unfamiliar environment and danger possibly near. Most changes - for instance a pressure on her shoulder, the sudden lack of another person on the seat, a huge drop in the noise level, or the bus stopping - would jolt her out of whatever dream she was having, although not pleasantly: she'd be bleary-eyed, it would take her a few moments to reorient herself and remember the situation, and even after that she'd be quite grouchy, possibly sore, and possibly sick to her stomach.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:03 pm

"This radio is strange." Bran shrugged as he listened to the enthusiastic-sounding announcer talking about how great everything was seeming. Maybe it was just that Bran hadn't listened to American radio that much, or maybe he just didn't listen to the radio that much in general, but something just sounded off.

And then the pirate signal.

"Hey, NVE, you know where Radon Canyon is? Someone's asking us to go there."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:14 pm

"I have no idea, never been here before. But I'm sure there will be a local map in town." NVE answered Tsu and Bran. The city they arrived in seemed quite, no chaotic activity in this small city. The only other vehicles moving around were delivery trucks and a a few helicopters that patrolled the skies (some were yellow and some were black). There seemed to be civilian cars, but they were all parked . As NVE drove past the edge of town development where new home were being built, the construction workers were oddly coordinated and had yellow uniforms with an orange triangle and an orange "S" on the back. Office buildings dominated the majority of the city and factories expelled their smokey waste into the air. The radio continued as the cheerful man continued speaking.

"This just in, a bus full of tourist have arrived in our humble little burg. How exciting, to have people interested in our home and stimulating the local economy! If you see them listeners be sure to give them a nice big Desert Bluff welcome! Make them feel right at home.

Let’s go to an important message from our parent company.

Got something to say? Need to say it? Unfulfilled? Never made sense of what you are, who you were, who you will be?

Unfulfilled?

Do you forget sometimes about your own skin, your own hair, or other people’s hair and skin? Can you make more hair, more skin? Do you need more hair and/or skin?

Unfulfilled?

Are you satisfied with it all? Do you see it all? What room are you in? What room do you want to be in? How big is your room?

Unfulfilled?

Have you ever said a thing inside your brain, and then sent it to your hand to move a pencil to write it into symbols onto a paper, which used to be a tree, and then used your eyes to translate those symbols back into the thing you just said inches away in your brain, and then re-said it with your mouth into an ear? Whose ear was it?

Unfulfilled?

Ever eaten things that made you think differently? Breathed things?

Unfulfilled?

Feel things? Felt things?

We are you. StrexCorp."

NVE narrowly missed hitting the gas pumps of the "StrexCorp Fuel" station and brought the bus to a halt. "Okay, if anyone is hungry thirsty, or needs the restroom. Now's the time to do it. I gotta check under the hood to see if we can make another jump forward. And don't forget a map." NVE said to the group as he got down and began looking under the hood of the bus.
Last edited by The New Velociraptor Empire on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:24 pm

With his magically conjured flight headset still on (Hey, flying a bus still was flying), Bran listened to the radio with a strange face about him. Something definitely wasn't right about this town. It looked normal enough, but so did towns erected in nuclear test zones.

"This radio's fucked up." Bran sighed as he pulled the headphones out, letting the radio play through the bus as he hopped out, walking towards the fuel station.

He had a couple of bucks on him, and ended up perusing the isles of the store inside.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse