NATION

PASSWORD

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"Oh, shit."

Jasmine covered her ears until the bubble was put up, then watched the ships with some wonder...and nervousness.

"Hey, um, this bubble is pretty cool, and ships and all...but, we're not going to be in those right? Because...."

She chuckled. "Well, I'm kind of afraid of flying."

"Close your eyes and listen to the music," Luce said, producing his flute and beginning to play a Roman military march. The jaunty tones seemed fitting for a Templar transport to Thanksgiving.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
"Sounds cool! But dangerous...." Sapphire replied as she finished removing all of her gear. After a transfer into another sterile room to where she could do the procedure, she quickly drawed up and injected the serum into the bunny. After injecting every bit of it and removing the needle, she said with satisfaction, "There, done. Hopefully in a day you should be back to normal, and by that I mean you will have hair growing hopefully. Would be kinda bad though to see you covered in spikes or scales or something other than fur."

A moment crossed her over (and over her little radio) that the dropships to take the apartment were coming later today. "Oh crap. forgot to pack m-..." She paused for a moment as what would have been a bad rush of packing she realized she did n't have to do. "Never mind, going home; no packing needed." She sighed with relief. "Come now, drop ships will be here to take us to eat Thanksgiving on my home world."

No! No want to look like bad raptors. The bunny shuddered. Thanksgiving! Food! Rabbit attack turkey?

He tried sniffing himself, but couldn't tell anything different yet.

"Relax, it is only a small possibility." Sapphire said to ensure her little friend. "Don't mind if I pick you up a-" Interrupted; Dr. Smith kicked in the door. His cyclops eye was yellow and was narrowed on the two as he shouted, "They're here! Quick get moving, I already told the staff about the recent things and they know, plus they don't have to come to work. Now get moving!" Then as fast as the cyborg came, he left just as quick, leaving Sapphire confused at what just happened.

--

Meanwhile, another cyborg was sound asleep..Until the screeching metal awoke him. He looked at his clock and asked, "It's time?" Seeing the date he shouted, "It's tiiiiiiiiiiiime!" He threw the covers off him and jumped out only wearing his Tron-esque suit that covered from the neck to the wrists, and to the ankles. "I gotta get dressed, gotta get ready!" He told himself as he rushed over to his wardrobe filled with robes. He grabbed the red one and threw it on before placing two slip on shoes and grabbing his little emergency tool kit before heading out the door and to the ship.

--

J'aluk, was ahead of the group..For the most part. Only that he never had to pack anything since he arrived with little and wasn't bringing anything back for a while. He, unlike Barox, took his time getting to the ship because he knew that there were others lagging behind.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:26 pm

"Oh, yea, let's all sit together like Gio said."

Torii let go of Drova and bounced up. "But who wants to sit next to who? Maybe if the seats are in rows facing each other, we can all sit around in the back? I know that I wanna be near everybody, but oh, would Drova and Yuna like to sit together? Marcus and Gio? I kinda wanna sit next to Drova, myself.", She said. "And Myra. I haven't seen her in forever. And Marcus...I wanna sit down, anyway!"

"Listen to the music. Right."

She balled her hands into a fist and concentrated. "And then what? Also, who are you? When is that thing taking off? Is this normal?"
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:Speeding fast, the dropships arrived with haste and entered deep into the atmosphere, flaring their air brakes, shutting off engines, and covering over vital parts with heat shields. After slowing down enough to fly normally in the atmosphere of the planet, they quickly made for the apartment (because I don't want to take the time to try and spell the name of the city). Finally they arrived, but their ill skill caused them to do a rather sketchy landing in the middle of the street out front of the apartment. And as if three thuds of dropships landing wasn't loud enough, one even scrapped across the road, leaving a rather unpleasant metal-to-rock screeching sound.

But alas, the ships landed and the back doors opened, and they waited for the people of the apartment to arrive.

Sandy's wolf-sharp hearing caught the dropships' sonic booms while they were still too far away to see, so Sandy kept switching his gaze between the guy in the British uniform and where he expected military airplanes to appear. The Brit's comment about "off planet" became clear as the dropships expanded from tiny dots into visible ...air-things... spacecraft. Sandy watched them come in impassively. After many hours in the dojo and much longer on the basketball court, he had a good eye for trajectory; they'd land about a half-mile away.

Amanda, however, simply cowered at the ships' approach and she jammed her right hand into her jacket pocket, where she'd stashed her gun. Distantly, a tiny part of her knew that a holdout gun was useless against things that came in spaceships, but the gun made an excellent charm against danger. Plutarch looked like he was going to take paniced flight, but instead disappeared into Amanda's jacket.

Swith Witherward wrote:Will held on to his hat as the Templar ships touched down in the street. "RIGHT!" he shouted over the engines' din, "WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT TO GET YOU AN APARTMENT. I SAID, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT TO - AW, TAH HELL WITH THIS NONSENSE!"

A small pop heralded the arrival of one of the cultist's trademark spells. A small, clear sphere surrounded the group on the street, blocking out the engine noise.

Will's casting was plain in Sandy's Sight. The spell -- even the type of magic -- was unfamiliar to Sandy, but another sorcerer, especially a friendly one, was something Sandy could hold on to. Sandy glanced around at the sphere, marvelling that somebody would use magic so openly. "In for a penny, in for a pound", he thought, and asked, "That's handy. Do you teach that?"

Swith Witherward wrote:Will coughed. "Right. We'll have to wait to get you an apartment. The ships have arrived sooner than expected, you see. You can park your Jeep in the garage or else I suppose the Templars can stow it on board. Don't worry about money or hankies or nothin'. I'll make you get whatever you need once we arrive."

Amanda sent Sandy a questioning look, and forced herself to stand straight. The jeep had a lot of useful stuff in it, since Sandy had been studying both sorcery and alchemy during their recent vacation. Sandy caught her glance, but was still weighing the choices when Amanda said definitively, "We'll take it with us, thanks." She thought that they might as well keep it in sight, if nothing else.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Rmwtyliin Saagve Annvyeelee Fvaarniimalasaalakuuliia, as was the custom of her people, woke with the sun. For a moment, again, she believed the previous day's events a dream.

Then, of course, she started noticing things which weren't familiar, including the rough wool and cold metal of her opener-closer necklace. Made, she remembered now, by a Bomic woman of all people. One who had, without her input, all but adopted-in-practicality the girl. She gingerly fingered it. Never had she really thought that any of the Bomic might be nice, or creative. Niceness was easy enough to fake. An interest in making things, as opposed to destroying them? Such was all but required for one to develop skill in so doing, and the swift, precise knotting certainly demonstrated such ability.

Then again, such knots were used in weapons. That may well have been the reason for the woman's expertise.

The girl suddenly realized her need to use the bathroom. Quietly, so as not to wake the others she'd presumed to be utilizing such rooms (not to mention the odd rodent, sleeping on a cushion atop a piece of wooden furniture) she walked past the rooms which made up her apartment, giggling as the soft carpet tickled her feet. Later, after exiting the apartment, the dry clay, cool against her bare feet and leaving dust on these, reassured her, somewhat. Perhaps she was not home; still, she carried home within herself, such that something which had sensed what she could want in a place of her own had noticed, and had tailored just these surroundings to fit. She bent to scratch the clay; like ordinary clay, it turned to powdery curls, easy to crumble and sprinkle.

After several stairwells, several floors, and several doors, a bush served; the girl reentered, resolving to ask someone about food once more people seemed to have gotten up. As she re-opened the door of her apartment, testing the opener-closers despite its standing ajar, Rmwtyliin noticed a slip of paper. It looked formal enough to be important, and thus she decided to read it to Duncan. She wasn't that great at sounding out Latin script, let alone reading it, but, well, here she'd need to read it. That would take practice; this, practicing phonics, would be a step. Someone more self-aware than Rmwtyliin might have been rather startled, if not scared, by how quickly they'd seemed to conclude that nothing could be done. Rmwtyliin? She had stopped noticing it consciously, but she had a strong feeling that nothing could be done. She was so far from home as to quite literally be in another reality. Were there to be a strong indication that she could return to her home, the girl would certainly fight to do so, but otherwise she would attempt to live with the situation.

Reaching her room again, the girl sat down and silently prayed to the spirits while trying to wait for the naked mole rat to wake up. She held out for about 15 minutes, after which she briefly considered shaking the creature awake. Instead, she pulled a small but fragrant nut from her pouch, holding it under one of Duncan's nostrils while scratching the surface. Tiny eyes snapped open, and Rmwtyliin proffered the nut. Once Duncan had finished with it, she coughed to catch attention before picking up the invitation and slowly sounding it out, word by word.

It took a few tries to get everything just about deciphered, but within 1/125th of a day she'd gotten the gist of it. She was being invited to join a Thriller family for a holiday pertaining to giving thanks and then for some sort of Christmas, whatever that was. It did sound a little familiar. There would be ships - odd. She hadn't realized that there was anywhere to dock, here. (Someone less accustomed to sea air might have noticed a slight salty scent from the harbor; Fvaarniimar was an island.) Anyway, this would be - at 3/5 plus 4/125 of a day. (A sundial would prove helpful for this but - of course - she'd need to make do. If she was at this dock-place, or ready to be, by noon, that would get her there.) It was formal, and given the ships, being issued by a powerful family.

The girl hadn't expected to act as Naabviimliikunz, not for years to come. That being said. She was Fvaarniimar's representative in this reality. Although part of her just wanted to stay in this new home and try to get accustomed to things - it might be a slight. She would fail in her duties were she to do so. Besides, someone had taken the time to add a less formal note, and it did sound friendly.

In addition, she needed garments, at least Naaliiasz'... She didn't know how to get anything of the sort... While ceremonial clothing might serve for some things, it would hardly serve for weeks... Nothing made sense...

Assuming no one could hear her, Rmwtyliin buried her face in a pillow and cried. It was all too much.

Kwa'a Bhewehg, also known as the personification of Borksmiclen and hence also known by too many aliases to count, wasn't woken by sunlight: a strong, foreign aroma helped to rouse her, but what kept her from going back to sleep was the sound of a child's sobbing. She sighed. What on earth had she gotten herself into? What had she been thinking? Of course, she'd been thinking of obligation, and... She'd admit it, if only to herself. She saw this as a second chance, an opportunity not to make mistakes with the Fvaa or with Ythfiid. Of course she realized that the children were distinct. She could accept that - she'd learned from her siblings that no child was ever replaceable, and that each was a treasure. Still, she carried bits of Ythfiid inside of herself, and vice versa - literally, if the latter's nature were taken into account. Regardless, it had been foolish of her, relation or no, to presume to take on such a role to someone who so feared her; it would have been far more responsible to have found someone, or to let her do so.

Well, nothing for it now. Unless Rmwtyliin were to choose another guardian, she was doubly bound, by obligation and by word, to fill the role. She had cared for siblings over the years; she had run an orphanage, once. How hard could this be, even with a Fvaa child?

The woman rolled out of bed, grabbing a dress, styled plainly. Grey, it set off her eyes. Hopefully her new ward could stand the hue; if going over to comfort the girl, wearing something frightening would be counterproductive.

The invitation sat a few feet from the door, on stiff, soft-textured paper. Sounding out the words, she figured out that she was being invited to celebrate some holidays. (At least it had been more decipherable than the forms, which she'd finally just signed hoping that she wasn't agreeing to anything awful.) Frankly - this was exactly the kind of thing she'd wanted when she'd gone.

It occurred to her to wonder whether Rmwtyliin was going. She rather hoped so, as it at the very least would simplify things a great deal. The sobs seemed to have stopped; she knocked. It took about a minute, but a red-eyed girl, standing stiffly, opened her door, bleary-eyed rodent atop one shoulder.

Rmwtyliin's face fell when she saw who was there. She moved as if to shut the door, but then her stomach growled.

"I know where the kitchen is..." Kwa'a raised an eyebrow.

Stiffly, Rmwtyliin affected an exaggerated smile. "Okay." She made a point of locking the door before following the Bomic woman downstairs. About halfway down the fourth floor, she swallowed a little bit of her pride. "Do you know where I could get an appropriate celebration garment? Or, well, other such things?" She didn't have much in the way of options, after all, and besides the woman had said she'd be willing to help in such areas; perhaps she deserved a chance to prove that false, or true. And so it came out that the preteen had only the clothes which had literally been on her back; Kwa'a offered to share a few items, but suggested that they go shopping somewhere, especially considering as she, having focused on other necessities when packing, was also short on garments. It was decided that - if they could obtain information on merchants in time - they'd do so around noon. Otherwise... Well, perhaps "Gliese" might have something.

Meanwhile, they'd arrived at the kitchen. Rmwtyliin walked ahead, and immediately felt very much underprepared.
Rygondria wrote:Reginald then walked into the kitchen area of the building with his suitcase. He then grabbed 3 rolls and sat down on a bench and started to eat the rolls.

Not to mention a bit scared. This was the violent, seemingly-evil-spirit-touched guy. Kwa'a, however, had no such qualms. As her ward grabbed a few rolls of her own and a cup of the strange aromatic drink, she leaned over.

"Hello. You know wouldn't the way of this town's roads, would you?"
Torsiedelle wrote:Katya continued to scan over news and her favorite stories until she finished her coffee, while Torii became more and more awake. Torii didn't bother to look at the invitation yet, and Katya had really just scanned it over when she woke up, but the older sister now began to give it a second look, pouring another cup of coffee as she did. Torii stretched and yawned loudly, nearly rolling over on Nick. "I'm taking a shower.", She mumbled, sliding lazily out of bed and pulling some clothes out to get dressed with.

While she was in the shower, Katya was reading the letter again. "Regards, Swith?"

A momentary shock overtook her, then a feeling of pleasant surprise. "Well", She chuckled, "I suppose nobody can stay dead forever. Tora is going to want to hear this."

Her gaze moved over towards Nick. "A cat? Tora brought it in last night. Has she been keeping a cat?"

Meanwhile, in the shower, Torii was thinking about what she'd do from now on. Her friends were all right about science. It mattered how it was used. She saw how the Raptors used it. Would she really be able to work for them and use it the way she wanted to? She wanted to help others with it, and make amazing discoveries, and see everything the universe (or multiverse) could offer her. Yesterday, on the bus, wasn't something she wanted to see. Wasn't yesterday her eighteenth birthday, too? One second she was celebrating with her friends, the next they were trying to escape a collapsing universe. She loved everything that her friends did for her, but the whole "fighting to live and escaping dangerous realities" part really made that a bad birthday for her, if it even was the same day. She didn't know. Maybe she was just going crazy.

"Collapsing universes, different realities, timelines. I remember the drone universe, and then yesterday, we almost died, and then the Strex place..."

A creeping chill ran down her spine. "Those could have been my world. Those are all just as real as the life I've lived. How many terrible fates have I suffered, or everyone I know? How do I know this isn't just another hallucination or something, like what Gio had going on yesterday, or Bran? I don't want to know the answer."

She scratched at her skin, tapped her foot, listened to the running water. Something had to take her mind off of those thoughts. She go mad if she dwelled on them. Yesterday, she remembered, Marcus threw the party. Marcus was a good friend. She trusted him. Gio got her a clock. It was a very nice one, too. The Nikanors gave her a bike. She had to make up with Bran. She'd do that as soon as she could. Drova, too, for whatever reason. He stormed off during the party. Drova and Gio had some sort of argument. She'd see Drova, then Bran, maybe? She didn't want to commit herself to one thing. Did she? Maybe she'd see her friend, Drova.

Torii turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. Her plan for now was made up, it seemed. She hoped it was, anyway. She dried off and got dressed -- nothing particularly fancy, she thought, but she wanted to look nice and catch attention. She threw on her usual, a white spaghetti-strap tank top and denim short shorts, which was THE hip Western apparel if her knowledge of Micheal Bay movies and Country Music videos was correct (What was with that new Country Music anyway? It didn't sound like that Red Sovine fellow at all!), not to mention that nobody had protested to her wearing it before. It was warm, and she really didn't care who she attracted, as long as she got attention.

"You like it?", She asked, stepping out and showing Katya, who shrugged. "It looks the same as usual, just smaller straps."

"Exactly, it shows a little more, but nothing bad. I figured that since I'm eighteen now, I can get away with this top."

"Whatever you say.", Katya replied, "But you're still wearing your jacket. Put on socks, too."

"Eh, you're no fun."

"I have real fashion. Sorry if I'm not into the whole "Daisy Duke" look, but I have sense."

"...Eh, you're no fun."

Torii did as she was told, and, after blow drying her air and making sure it looked as good as usual, she sprayed on a little perfume and raced out the room to the lobby. Katya wasn't far behind her. After tidying up her clothing, Katya sampled some perfume as well, grabbed her coat and beret from Paris, and nuzzled the cat. "Alright, Kitty. We're leaving the room for now, and I don't want any animals in here. Don't worry, we'll be going...well, we'll be going somewhere this afternoon."

Nick lazily opened an eye. <Mhm, see-> That was as far as he got. Excitement, nostalgia, contentment, and in general happiness all hit him more or less simultaneously, and to a lesser extent would be felt by Torii. <See you! I think there's something upstairs!> Wide awake now, the cat zoomed off.

Reginald was surprised by the voice and by instinct reached for his hunting knife. When he saw who it was he placed his knife back into the scabbard. He then looked at her and said," Mam pardon me but i have don't have a clue what you are saying".

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Kale had slept for a while. In fact, she hit the bed as soon as she got into her apartment. And she was still tired. Yesterday was insane. She couldn't remember half the stuff she did. The only vivid memory she was chugging down beersteins with a Bavarian man.

She limped to the kitchen to get herself some breakfast when she noticed the sheet at her door. She picked it up and read it, slowly realising it was an invitation. She became as excited as one in her state could be. A trip? To a island? Sounds fun!!! And it would be celebrating Thanksgiving! Well, maybe not her nations's thanksgiving... though she would ignore that detail as not to kill her mood.

She hurried up and got ready. She got her breakfast and packed. In actuality, she did not have a suitcase worth of anything. She did not have any clothing besides her wraps and that could all fit into a small bag. After "packing", she had a purse full of everything she needed.

She arrived down in the lobby, seeing everyone so excited for the trip. "TORII! GIO! MARCUS!!" she shouted from the stairs before running. She didn't trip on the stairs miraculously. Instead, she missed her step and fell to the floor, sliding to a stop in front of the three. She looked up at them and giggled.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Hans carefully tucked his dress uniform into a garment bag before adding a small box containing Chrys' Christmas present. He drew a deep breath and stepped from his quarters in the Ruins. He'd need to hurry if he was to catch the flight to Gliese. He hadn't gotten very far before being stopped by Ryo. Ogoti's cultist leader whispered the details to some devilish plans concerning the Island, and Hans was momentarily torn between joining the Residents or partaking in Ryo's mischief. He chose to meet Chrys on Gliese.

"Teach it?" Will's eyebrow arched. "It's sort of an innate talent that all cultists within my group possess. None of us can cast them as effectively as our god, but we can put them to use for minor things such as sound mufflers. Are you a magic user? Eh, there's a few things you'll need to know about magic and Bielefeld's citizenry, but it can wait until it's time to return here. As for the Jeep?" he winked at Amanda, "We'll get that stowed on board right away. YUNA!"

Yuna was a girl, and a unique one at that. The daughter of the Pyersai royal family, Yuna was dark skinned and somewhat elfin in features, with great white wings behind her back. That is, if she makes an appearance. Her handler sometimes misses the writer's posts, you see, so we'll see whether or not Yuna turns up!

"Yuna! There's work to be done, lass!" Will called a final time before turning his attention back to the three newcomers on the sidewalk beside him. He gestured for Jasmine, Sandy and Amanda to head towards the ship.

Finally, he winked at Luce. Ah, yet another year and holiday season. "I've got to track down a demon. Niklas or something like that. Then we need to sit down with you to discuss something regarding the island."

"Oh silly Kale," Myra laughed and held out her hand to help the other girl up. "I hope you didn't skin your knees. You won't be able to dance at the ball with them otherwise!"

She gestured towards the ship's interior and added, "We were just about to find some seats. Come with us."
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 pm

"We're having another ball this year?"

Torii joined Myra in giving a hand to Kale. "I wanna find a date this year.", She noted to the two girls, leaning in. "Last year, Tsu promised to be my date at the ball, and she never showed up. I don't want to be that awkward loser with no date this year, so I might ask someone in our group. Just not Gio and Marcus.", She winked. "Do I look pretty enough?", She said, pulling her jacket down enough to show her top.

She allowed herself to speak at a normal level again. "Dont hurt yourself, Kale! You're too pretty to be getting scraped knees and scars."

Jasmine cooperated and got into one of the ships, but she didn't like it. Something about another planet!? That was worse than just flying. She hated it. She prefered to be on her own feet, on the earth. People weren't meant to fly...
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Kwa'a sighed. "Hello, sir. We need find merchant." Getting up, she sniffed at the coffee, somewhat suspiciously, then poured herself a cup thereof and a biscuit. "Saying that, I know not we'll have time." Her method of eating likely seemed rather odd - a bite taken, and following a furtive glance upwards, and around. In short, desire the easy domesticity of the setting, Kwa'a looked as though she expected a beast right out of Reginald's stories to pounce on her at any moment.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Bran and his family emerged from the bomb shelter and made their way through the lobby. Rylli had packed everything necessary for not only Gliese but also the island, including the two mer pendants given to them a long time ago. Rachelle paused to look around for familiar faces but was soon ushered out the front door by Rylli. The family boarded, baby secured in his seat, and waited for the craft to take off.

Yuna pulled on her cultist's uniform and trotted out of the Building. There was still much on her mind, especially the Zalgofest. The cultists had made her feel as if she really belonged. She was part of them, even if she wasn't a fully fledged member yet. Will had assured her that she would have plenty of time to spend with her friends over the holidays, but to be ready at a moment's notice, especially right after Thanksgiving.

The winged girl heeded Will's call and arrived at his elbow a few seconds later. He whispered brief instructions to her before handing over a pair of ear plugs (the engines would be loud once she left the sphere). She was soon assisting people, moving them into the ships.

Drova had joined the rest and now sat slouched in his chair. He was seated with the rest of the Teen Club. His keen hearing had picked out Torii's words regarding the dance, but his thoughts on the matter were his own.

Myra laughed and nodded at Torii. "You're more than pretty enough, Torii. And yep, a ball! Marcus overheard Brother Anders telling Sister Regina," she assured the girl, "and according to Anders, there's going to be a ball. We'll shop for dresses on Gliese, and someone named Charumati McCoy is picking up the tab. Oh my god! This is just awesome. What are we going to do about dates? Maybe there's more people on Gliese to dance with. I mean, I like some of the older people here, but I wouldn't want to dance with them. Not in a romantic sense."

Ogoti look a seat towards the back of the seating area. He pulled out a newspaper and crossed an ankle over a knee. It wasn't going to be a very long flight, but he wasn't very keen on flying in general. He was joined moments later by Ceril and a cloaked figure.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 pm

"Thanks" she said to the two helping her. Once she settled down, she took in the information. "A ball?" she said. Instantly images of the annual school dances back at Roseward filled her mind. It was nothing really formal. Most of it was dancing and hanging with friends along with a nice dinner. Only thing clothing wise was the bowtie competition with several categories ranging from elegant to funny.

"So... what's the ball like there?" she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Bran and his family emerged from the bomb shelter and made their way through the lobby. Rylli had packed everything necessary for not only Gliese but also the island, including the two mer pendants given to them a long time ago. Rachelle paused to look around for familiar faces but was soon ushered out the front door by Rylli. The family boarded, baby secured in his seat, and waited for the craft to take off.

Yuna pulled on her cultist's uniform and trotted out of the Building. There was still much on her mind, especially the Zalgofest. The cultists had made her feel as if she really belonged. She was part of them, even if she wasn't a fully fledged member yet. Will had assured her that she would have plenty of time to spend with her friends over the holidays, but to be ready at a moment's notice, especially right after Thanksgiving.

The winged girl heeded Will's call and arrived at his elbow a few seconds later. He whispered brief instructions to her before handing over a pair of ear plugs (the engines would be loud once she left the sphere). She was soon assisting people, moving them into the ships.

Drova had joined the rest and now sat slouched in his chair. He was seated with the rest of the Teen Club. His keen hearing had picked out Torii's words regarding the dance, but his thoughts on the matter were his own.

Myra laughed and nodded at Torii. "You're more than pretty enough, Torii. And yep, a ball! Marcus overheard Brother Anders telling Sister Regina," she assured the girl, "and according to Anders, there's going to be a ball. We'll shop for dresses on Gliese, and someone named Charumati McCoy is picking up the tab. Oh my god! This is just awesome. What are we going to do about dates? Maybe there's more people on Gliese to dance with. I mean, I like some of the older people here, but I wouldn't want to dance with them. Not in a romantic sense."

Ogoti look a seat towards the back of the seating area. He pulled out a newspaper and crossed an ankle over a knee. It wasn't going to be a very long flight, but he wasn't very keen on flying in general. He was joined moments later by Ceril and a cloaked figure.

And Dora and three more cloaked figures.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 pm

"It's real classy. Everyone gets a nice suit or dress, we go shopping, go to a spa, play around and all that. Before we dance, there's a big dinner. It's really cool. Well, if you have a date, anyway."

Torii rubbed the back of her neck. "Thanks, Myra. I don't really want to dance with a native. I want to be with someone I know. Honestly, I don't know who I want to ask out. I want romance and excitement!"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Giovenith joined her friends on the ship, smiling wide and holding her small suitcase close. Pippa-Michelle had taken Willow (and Turtleboss, in her bag) off to some other seats while the godling stayed with the other teens.

"I don't know anything about dates, but I do love dresses!" she said, very chipper. "I know there's kind of a stereotype associating fashion interest with airheads, but many people don't know just how difficult an art form fashion is." Of course Giovenith found a way to relate it all back to art, of course.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Kwa'a sighed. "Hello, sir. We need find merchant." Getting up, she sniffed at the coffee, somewhat suspiciously, then poured herself a cup thereof and a biscuit. "Saying that, I know not we'll have time." Her method of eating likely seemed rather odd - a bite taken, and following a furtive glance upwards, and around. In short, desire the easy domesticity of the setting, Kwa'a looked as though she expected a beast right out of Reginald's stories to pounce on her at any moment.

Reginald looked at her and said," If you are looking for a merchant mam you should of gone to the market. We do not have much time now and.. Umm, pardon me mam but why are you looking like you have seen some ghastly apparition". He then took a bite of his roll.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:54 pm

"Dresses?" she said. Kale imagined herself in a big poofy dress ad shuddered. She wasn't so keen on the dress part. Maybe a nice wrap would cover it, or at most a light dress. She thought a minute on dates. She never thought about it. Was there someone she could bring. She couldn't think of anybody she liked 'that way'. Well... there was.... nevermind. Maybe she could go alone or with one of them.

But she could get behind a big dinner. "I'll do with the dinner. As long as there is vegan food." she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Myra's idea of a ball was something out of Disney cartoon mixed with something her father might throw, only she knew the Gliese ball would probably have calmer tempers and less scales. Plus the food would already be dead. She settled back in her chair and sighed.

Marcus, on the other hand, felt a creeping terror. There were way too many girls. The polite thing to do would be to laugh it off and then suggest they go as a group and take turns dancing. That would be the proper thing. None of the girls would feel slighted. But damn it... he had missed out on the school dance AND the ball last year, and now he had another chance. Maybe this was his last one ever? What if she met someone on Gliese? What if she ended up dancing with some guy that had all his natural limbs, and was witty, and a god on top of that? What if he was the Best Guy Ever? Of course, he'd also be a total dirtbag. Yeah, and he'd have really bad habits, like picking his nose and eating it when he thought no one was watching. But she wouldn't know that until it was too late. She'd be blinded by his dazzling smile and charming looks, and she'd be swept away. Damnit all to hell!

The boy drew on his inner strength. He could do this. He would do this. Here we go!

Marcus turned to face Giovenith and, just like always, her cheerful voice and sparkling eyes captured his soul and spun it into a rainbow-strewn kaleidoscope of good feelings and warmth. She had equated fashion to art, just as Marcus would inevitably turn every mathematical subject into music and vice versa, and he melted inside. Art was her passion and anything that brought her pure joy was to be respected. But that ball... and the booger-eating Romeo loomed in his mind.

He could do this! Here we go!

He opened his mouth to ask her to be his date, but all that came out was, "Giovenith... you brought Turtleboss. Cool."
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Kwa'a sighed. "Hello, sir. We need find merchant." Getting up, she sniffed at the coffee, somewhat suspiciously, then poured herself a cup thereof and a biscuit. "Saying that, I know not we'll have time." Her method of eating likely seemed rather odd - a bite taken, and following a furtive glance upwards, and around. In short, desire the easy domesticity of the setting, Kwa'a looked as though she expected a beast right out of Reginald's stories to pounce on her at any moment.

Reginald looked at her and said," If you are looking for a merchant mam you should of gone to the market. We do not have much time now and.. Umm, pardon me mam but why are you looking like you have seen some ghastly apparition". He then took a bite of his roll.

"Huh? Oh, behavior my." Gingerly, she sipped the coffee, spit it back into the cup, tried again; this time, she managed to actually swallow a gulp. It made her throat feel a bit dry, but suddenly she seemed a little more alert. "I... I accustomed am to watch while eating. A vulnerable time, it is." Perhaps she shouldn't have said that. (Rmwtyliin would incidentally have found that a little odd, but was busy experimenting with creamers and sweeteners.)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Torii suppressed a snicker towards Marcus, and for a second glanced through way of her two friends. She redirected herself to Kale and Myra. "I don't like those big, poorly dresses. Too embarrassing and hard to breath. I want a thin, elegant dress. I want some fine makeup, too, but I'm not doing my hair."

She spoke to Marcus. "Who are you dancing with?"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:32 pm

Tsu sat at the far end of the dropship,away from everyone else. She dug into her suitcase and whipped out one of her bags of sunflower seeds. She opened and began to chow down, sounding like a chipmunk as she ate. The winged amazon took a look around the ship, watching the other residents chat with friends and finding dates, getting a date wasn't at the top of her mind, she didn't care as she would likely end up standing on a balcony, eating sunflower seeds,watching things below and reminiscing on the past that has long sense faded away into time.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm

"Of course, he couldn't just be left home alone," Giovenith smiled sadly, thinking up an image of the poor little waterbear curled up in a corner of her room. "He'd be hungry, and have no one to snuggle with him. Pippa and Willow are coming with, so they can't stay with him."

Giovenith knew the mythology and fairy tales behind balls, but took a different position for most of her life. What with what she was, she was used not to being the princess on the dance floor but the dream-maker that sat perched in a shadowy thicket of branches, smiling on at their handiwork. That was what she did anyway, wasn't it? She painted up happiness the best she could, breathed life back into other's hopes, and then sent them off to dance their life's story. It was so for many of the people here. In a less sparkly way, she was her own brand of fairy god mother. But there she would be, in a pretty work of art working her way among the dreamers themselves. The first ball had been nice, but other than learning the basics of waltz, nothing really terribly profound or deep had happened involving her.

As far as she knew.

"So, anything specific you guys are planning?" she asked, looking at her friends, thinking they would be better at this than her. "I mean, I'm not exactly the prince charming's pick or anything, but balls are parties! There's lots else to do at parties. Do they only waltz during balls?"
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Brit had been to lunch and breakfast with the other Froxians and found that invitation in her mailbox. Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving without her family...she wondered how they've been taking her disappearance. She forgot all about that when she read the last part from Swith. Her heart sank. Was she going to remember her? Would she blow her cover to the others? Wait, why was she even worrying? Her spirits rose a bit when she looked at this from a different angle. Maybe seeing Swith again would be a good thing. She felt like she got her. She went to the lobby to wait for the others. Varona, Sinyaya, and Mon were all happy to go along. Cinnamon and Flint were not sure why they had to, but they did. Brit led the pack of Froxians out to the dock.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Reginald looked at her and said," If you are looking for a merchant mam you should of gone to the market. We do not have much time now and.. Umm, pardon me mam but why are you looking like you have seen some ghastly apparition". He then took a bite of his roll.

"Huh? Oh, behavior my." Gingerly, she sipped the coffee, spit it back into the cup, tried again; this time, she managed to actually swallow a gulp. It made her throat feel a bit dry, but suddenly she seemed a little more alert. "I... I accustomed am to watch while eating. A vulnerable time, it is." Perhaps she shouldn't have said that. (Rmwtyliin would incidentally have found that a little odd, but was busy experimenting with creamers and sweeteners.)

"Ok ?" Reginald said in a confused voice. He then took a bite of his roll and said," My name is Reginald Crowley may i ask your name"?

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Torii suppressed a snicker towards Marcus, and for a second glanced through way of her two friends. She redirected herself to Kale and Myra. "I don't like those big, poorly dresses. Too embarrassing and hard to breath. I want a thin, elegant dress. I want some fine makeup, too, but I'm not doing my hair."

She spoke to Marcus. "Who are you dancing with?"

The problem with Torii was that she was tomboy enough to sense when a bro was in trouble, but girly enough to zoom in on the root of that trouble. Marcus gulped. Did she suspect? She probably did. Oh god, I'm surrounded by girls.

"Dunno," the boy shrugged and spoke softly to Torii, hoping he was coming across as cool. He was once again in a bad position. If he suggested someone else, Giovenith might overhear and would think he wasn't interested. If he suggested Giovenith, she might overheard and shoot him down right then and there. Ouch. Oh ego! So fragile! "I guess most girls would want to dance with Drova and not a cyborg," he said. "He's a prince and all."

Oh fuck, damnit, shit! Marcus mentally kicked himself. He had just elevated Drova in their eyes. The boy eyed the Pyersai. If you eat your snot, I'll kick you, he growled in his own mind. But Giovenith probably hadn't heard him, so that was good.

Her voice cut through his momentary pondering and he looked at the godling once more. What's more, there was redemption! "Princes are highly overrated, Giovenith. Look at Cinderella. She was sweet and good but Prince Charming only noticed her because she was all dressed up. I bet he wouldn't have noticed her at all if he met her while she was just her normal self."
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Torii grinned deviously. "Well, Drova is rather princely, and it would just be romantic if a poor burden-of-the-state such as myself were to be treated to a dance with him..."

She glanced Drova's way, then back to Marcus. "But then again, I personally find cyborgs kind of handsome; men who aren't afraid to embrace something new and better themselves. Well, that, and Drova's a little too dark in the skin for me to be interested, no offense, Drova."

At the mention of Cinderella, she added another response. "Yea, and there was no spark, either. Just, oh, "hey, I saw a hot girl who I stalked for a while" or something, I don't know. I don't want that movie. Anyway, Princesses are overdone. Normal, down to earth girls are where it's at."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse