NATION

PASSWORD

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:"I am with familiar the term "god." Kwa'a frowned. "I hadn't realized until, now, that actually it fit any entity. You compare these to spirits? One I lived amongst such, those Rmwtyliin known or - more accurately - those behind them. I miss them. Too, you speak them of familiarly. Are you a being such, so and if, you too are all but free of age?" It would be quite interesting to meet one of similar age. Even other spirits had not persisted so long as she, although she figured that Ythfiid - and quite possibly some Fvaarniimarn rulers, notably Esine - stood a chance of at some point reaching her current age.

Idly, she wondered - not for the first time, of course, few things were wondered for the first time - whether, if not, the Bomic, survival instinct, and simple belief that their country would never cease to exist might have contributed to this. There was a reason for their national motto, and for her national animal's being a cockroach.

Oddly enough for someone who would likely see true death as a friend, she didn't even consider undermining these, no more than she would consider an attempt to destroy Borksmiclen.

"I am a godling, an immature god, born from a Creator Being," Giovenith answered, with distance in her tone. "I have only been alive for seventeen mortal years, so my abilities are far from advanced, and my influence, aside from things that simply involve being a good speaker, nonexistent. I have never before heard of your pantheon, though my parent is interactive with many. You will meet older, more powerful beings here who aim to protect this place, though. So long as you mean harm towards no one, all shall be well."

Giovenith felt somewhat secure in the knowledge now that Rmwtyliin didn't seem to be in immediate danger, but remembered the younger girl's insistence on not trusting Kwa'a. That is where she felt some conflict. On one hand, the girl probably knew far better than her how to deal with people like Kwa'a, but on the other hand, she could just as easily be biased. But then, it wasn't Giovenith's job to judge whether or not Kwa'a was an overall innocent person, just to make sure that Rmwtyliin was safe, and if they structure of the Building still worked well enough, that should have been fairly easy enough to accomplish.

"There are many eccentric, colorful people here, you will find. If you are choosing to live here, you best get your key and such."

The BranRiech wrote:"Getting closer, right." He nodded, whispering it to himself as he banked to the left, obeying the instructions put forth over the din of the lava sloshing and splashing around them.

For a bunch of living toothbrushes, this was all quite elaborate for facing his sins. It wasn't that well understood to Drova what this was all going to culminate in, and where and when he was at the moment, but that was unimportant in the now, for the lava was quite more dangerous than his thoughts as he devoted his entire concentration to dodging the Maidens.

"You're close to the queen!" the turtle urged on. "Now, the queen will not be able to see you if you move slowly enough..."

Easier said than done as said "queen" was standing on a fairly small plot of safe rock, and trying to move subtly in the heat would have been a trial all it's own. That wasn't even saying anything about the lava creature's horrifying appearance and cacophony of a voice, which might make one wonder how they were supposed to kiss the jewel on her forehead.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:17 pm

"I honestly do. I mean to anyone no harm, and I sometime hope to convince you of this. I... I do find myself a little frightened. A being who makes something, as in from nothing... I can affect outcomes, to an extent, as other spirits can. Something like that... There are myths of such on our world, but it is otherwise an incomprehensible concept - and you of this being daughter are? The thought of beings older than I is strange, but if you speak truly some may well be of age with reality." Kwa'a was scratching her knee somewhat quicker now, skirt bunching around her hand as she did so. It was very strange, feeling...outranked, for lack of a better term, by someone less than 1/200th of her age. Speaking of beings such as those and reality...

"I believe a simple reason is why you familiar are not with them, or I. Our realities -" Kwa'a's eyes widened as she covered her mouth; then, she sighed. "I suppose I may as well tell you, but to explain, how? There are two realities. One holds the beings of which I have spoken, the spirits. The other is identical, save for that. We are tied by what may be made to happen in both; similarly, any intrusion is tied, being redirected elsewhere if it cannot enter both universes in the same time. Beyond that, spirits having no bodies have never known in mine been able to leave their universe. Something one can direct out; it must for that have matter. Hence, behind this time we have not come to you, and you have not known to come to us, that I know.

"Given this... Well, I suppose that this is a first meeting of sorts. I will grant that logically I would not be chosen as a representative. I am here now." She extended a hand to be clasped. "To friendship?"
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Giovenith wrote:"You're close to the queen!" the turtle urged on. "Now, the queen will not be able to see you if you move slowly enough..."

Easier said than done as said "queen" was standing on a fairly small plot of safe rock, and trying to move subtly in the heat would have been a trial all it's own. That wasn't even saying anything about the lava creature's horrifying appearance and cacophony of a voice, which might make one wonder how they were supposed to kiss the jewel on her forehead.

"Uh . . . How do I get down there slowly?" Drova asked, starting to circle the small outcropping, still avoiding any lava in his way that might decide to end his journey, leaving him in the same predicament as the other Prince along with him. He should have just dove on her right then and there, but . . . No wait, what was even the point then? What was stopping him from simply diving down onto the queen?

So that's just what he did, almost too headstrong to believe in his folly as he turned down towards her, diving right towards the shiny jewel.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Jasmine took a whiff and grinned. "Ooh, thank you! And you recommend duck? I've meant to try it before. I'll definitely have to give that a try sometime."

She held the package close for warmth and glanced at Toscha. "So, ready?", She asked, looking back to Reginald. "It really is early in the morning! I'd recommend catching sleep. Partying is good, but it's best not to let it drag on too long."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Morlodania wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Kale continued rolling on her predetermined path, when suddenly, she hit something. The plant girl jumped (as best as she could from her position) and scrambled backwards. She looked at the two warped persons, scared and confused. She grabbed her head and rubbed her eyes, taking another look. A feeling of realization crept up on her. They were still warped, but she could tell that the right one was Jorgen. She smiled to the mechanical man. "Hey.... Jorgen *hic* Good to see *hic* you..." she said.

Jorgen immediately looks over to Kale, smiling softly to the plant-girl and waving just a little. "Hey, Kale. Glad you see you got enough sense back not to try and have a tiny venus flytrap eat me." He chuckles a little, glancing back over to Dia for a second, his mechanical eye making sure to store her form for later recognition.

Dia glanced down at himself.

"Do I have mustard on my uniform again?" the big man asked, getting flustered. "I never believed hot dogs could explode like that. It was only a little heat."
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:20 pm

-----Argonne Forest, Western Front, WW1-----

In the burnt out forests the group stumbled across a legion of Germans and American soldiers fighting over a few yards of blood strew mud which after a few minutes was unseeable due to the bodies covering it. The fire of Germany’s Flammenwerfer’s paled in comparison to Aegis when he fought, as his body was covered in thousands of points of cascading light each trailing streams of molten white pain. Everything burned at his touch, even that which shouldn’t as as he trudged through the inferno, cleaving people in half with his blade as he cut a great gash in the dirt itself.

Venyx cut down enemies with his handgun from afar, never needing to reload as the weapon fed off of the palpable energy in the air. When the range of his blaster could no longer suffice, he would slice the soft, pink flesh of his enemies with a Divinium blade, cutting through bone like it was melting butter. This is what the humans called was not too very long ago? Perhaps they were not as great as the Ophanite had always heard.

-----Hades Hive, the Third War for Armageddon-----

As the group trudged through the the waste choked ruins of Hades Hive under the fire burnt skies of Armageddon they witness the great battle between the Ork forces of Ghazghkull Thraka face off against the Steele Legions led by Commissar Yarrick. At first one would think that the place suffered from constant magnitude seven earthquakes but this was merely an effect of the war. Tanks the size of city blocks and artillery cannons that lobed shells the size of houses forced Aegis to deafen his friends with magic as they entered lest they be brought down by sound alone.

The music of war that Venyx so loved had been drowned, but his warrior’s spirit was not quashed as he pressed on behind Aegis. This place he knew he would be useless against armed with nothing but a pistol and a knife, but his survival instincts kicked in, and he dodged and weaved through the ground-shattering artillery shells with deft quickness. How he would have liked to have been high above at the controls of a machine worthy of this fight, he thought, and ran on into the fray.

The two armies fought for what must have been weeks although time did not really exist in war world. As soon as a battle was over those who had just fought appear again and starting fighting over their corpses. The tactics never changed in War World and the events always seemed to unfold in the same way unless the outsiders intervened.

-----War on Cancer-----

Finally in the war on Cancer Aegis was able to find something familiar. Among the streets clogged with the still growing corpses of armies and the space trenches lined with quantum bands he found a trio of Luxans touched by the light of a Right Star. The battle here was a small one where several dozen divisions of soldiers on an alien world tried to hold out against several nightmare creatures summoned by the Luxans.

The beasts were moon sized creatures covered in rolling tentacles and blazing eyes of fire. their were all teeth and claw and even though a legion of atomic and disintegration weapons were thrown against them they never ceased existing. When reduced to puddles of goo they rose back up and drowned the enemy in their corpses and when blow to bits their various pieces fought independently. However these creatures were wildly sentience and their intelligence was shown by the fact that only minutes after the Luxans unleashed them the entire planet's power and communication where gone, half an hour later the militaries were gone and seconds later the rest of the population.

Aegis watched this unfold like a home movie, watching it with reminiscence eventually though they journeyed to the heart of the battle and avoiding the steps of creatures that could flatten cities they were able to contact Aegis’s people who sheltered them for a time. While the world burned Aegis, Venyx and the Dark Elf enjoyed the varied spa like luxries of the Luxans DEiMOS before eventually returning to Bielefeld.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Jasmine took a whiff and grinned. "Ooh, thank you! And you recommend duck? I've meant to try it before. I'll definitely have to give that a try sometime."

She held the package close for warmth and glanced at Toscha. "So, ready?", She asked, looking back to Reginald. "It really is early in the morning! I'd recommend catching sleep. Partying is good, but it's best not to let it drag on too long."

Reginald then said," A word about duck make sure you bake it at a temperature about 350 or whatever temperature measurement you use. Smoking it on the other hand is a different story but i have no time to discuss it. So enjoy the food in the package and have a good night and by the way my Reginald".

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:"I honestly do. I mean to anyone no harm, and I sometime hope to convince you of this. I... I do find myself a little frightened. A being who makes something, as in from nothing... I can affect outcomes, to an extent, as other spirits can. Something like that... There are myths of such on our world, but it is otherwise an incomprehensible concept - and you of this being daughter are? The thought of beings older than I is strange, but if you speak truly some may well be of age with reality." Kwa'a was scratching her knee somewhat quicker now, skirt bunching around her hand as she did so. It was very strange, feeling...outranked, for lack of a better term, by someone less than 1/200th of her age. Speaking of beings such as those and reality...

"I believe a simple reason is why you familiar are not with them, or I. Our realities -" Kwa'a's eyes widened as she covered her mouth; then, she sighed. "I suppose I may as well tell you, but to explain, how? There are two realities. One holds the beings of which I have spoken, the spirits. The other is identical, save for that. We are tied by what may be made to happen in both; similarly, any intrusion is tied, being redirected elsewhere if it cannot enter both universes in the same time. Beyond that, spirits having no bodies have never known in mine been able to leave their universe. Something one can direct out; it must for that have matter. Hence, behind this time we have not come to you, and you have not known to come to us, that I know.

"Given this... Well, I suppose that this is a first meeting of sorts. I will grant that logically I would not be chosen as a representative. I am here now." She extended a hand to be clasped. "To friendship?"

"I am very little a true representative myself at this age, save for my mother's parenting skills. You can think of me as any other child in this Building," Giovenith clarified, separating herself from her parent's standing. It would have been arrogant and unruly to allow Kwa'a to feel shadowed merely by Giovenith's lineage when truthfully the Bomic woman likely currently had the more immediate power between them. The godling didn't want to outright say "no, you could probably kick my butt" (in order to protect herself just in case), but still removed herself from such a spotlight. "I have heard of similar concepts, so I do not find your claims outlandish. I accept the ways I am greeted with anywhere, so long as you come in peace..."

She outstretched a hand, paused, and then instead rested it on Kwa'a's shoulder. "To friendship with those who bring it. May a positive relationship blossom well. Shall we go comfort the little girl?"

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:"You're close to the queen!" the turtle urged on. "Now, the queen will not be able to see you if you move slowly enough..."

"Uh . . . How do I get down there slowly?" Drova asked, starting to circle the small outcropping, still avoiding any lava in his way that might decide to end his journey, leaving him in the same predicament as the other Prince along with him. He should have just dove on her right then and there, but . . . No wait, what was even the point then? What was stopping him from simply diving down onto the queen?

So that's just what he did, almost too headstrong to believe in his folly as he turned down towards her, diving right towards the shiny jewel.

"AIEEEEEEE!!!" the queen screamed, suddenly aiming her arms straight up at Drova and elongating them forward.

"UP! UP!!!" the turtle screeched, nipping Drova's shirt and pulling it upward. If they moved too late, and they would be burned to a crisp.
Last edited by Giovenith on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Ears piercing with the cries of the Queen, Drova cried even louder, attempting to tune out the noise as his sensitive ears started to pound as he pulled up at the last second, wanting to punch himself in the face. He could have made it! He was going to make it! Not anymore though, as he pulled up at the demands of the turtle. "I could have done it! I was going to!" He snarled, flying out of the danger zone, back up into the sky. "What the hell was that for!?"

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:"I honestly do. I mean to anyone no harm, and I sometime hope to convince you of this. I... I do find myself a little frightened. A being who makes something, as in from nothing... I can affect outcomes, to an extent, as other spirits can. Something like that... There are myths of such on our world, but it is otherwise an incomprehensible concept - and you of this being daughter are? The thought of beings older than I is strange, but if you speak truly some may well be of age with reality." Kwa'a was scratching her knee somewhat quicker now, skirt bunching around her hand as she did so. It was very strange, feeling...outranked, for lack of a better term, by someone less than 1/200th of her age. Speaking of beings such as those and reality...

"I am very little a true representative myself at this age, save for my mother's parenting skills. You can think of me as any other child in this Building," Giovenith clarified, separating herself from her parent's standing. It would have been arrogant and unruly to allow Kwa'a to feel shadowed merely by Giovenith's lineage when truthfully the Bomic woman likely currently had the more immediate power between them. The godling didn't want to outright say "no, you could probably kick my butt" (in order to protect herself just in case), but still removed herself from such a spotlight. "I have heard of similar concepts, so I do not find your claims outlandish. I accept the ways I am greeted with anywhere, so long as you come in peace..."

She outstretched a hand, paused, and then instead rested it on Kwa'a's shoulder. "To friendship with those who bring it. May a positive relationship blossom well. Shall we go comfort the little girl?"

Kwa'a nodded. "We shall. Remember, what I have shared, of realities, of spirits... Before these sharing, confer with me. Sharing these, cases in, might harm my reality. Tell not Rmwtyliin - she may have a chance at returning, and she would choose that, I think. Only a chance... What was done, again, power took. It would have taken consensus, and would not therefore be done lightly. Also..." She sighed. "I would rather stay, to her, a woman normal. She may be alone - I am not certain - but I feel she needs someone close to home. Perhaps she can learn to trust me, and later who I am learn." The Bomic let the hand rest for a moment longer, then gently removed it and started walking, trusting that Giovenith had heard and understood.

Her memory wasn't perfect, but years of living in caves had taught her to notice subtle variations in stone. Given the plentiful lighting, finding her way back to the lobby proved orders of magnitude simpler.

Meanwhile, Nick, still clinging to alertness, was jolted fully awake by various positive emotions mixed with curiosity. (He correctly inferred that he was sensing his emotion at the return of the two women, Giovenith in particular.)

Hmm. I probably have a few minutes... She seems pretty peaceful...I'll wake her up in, oh, forty counts. Oooooooooone... Twooooooooo...

Upon hitting forty, the fluffy creature clambered up the sofa to reach Rmwtyliin's ear.

"MAAAOOWR!"

Said girl jumped. Had it all been a dream? No... while the room had familiar elements, it remained alien, there was a strange creature next to her ear...

She burst into tears. Attempting to be comforting, Nick nuzzled her; it must have helped, for by the time Giovenith and Kwa'a reentered she appeared normal save for red eyes.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 pm

Regardless of how Kwa'a stood or her intentions, Giovenith agreed to honor her request to not share the information, since it was not her's to share in any circumstance. She also agreed with keeping this from Rmwtyliin, at least for now, since she knew that attempting to hop onto supernatural travel all willy-nilly NEVER ended well. These were surprisingly basic and easy things to stand by, and she raised no protest as they went back to Rmwtyliin.

"Aw, sweetie," Giovenith saw the girl's red eyes, quickly coming over and wrapping her in a hug. "Are you alright?"

--

"I didn't know you enjoyed the thought of being roasted alive," the turtle said, looking down at the airspace the queen's arms now thrashed about in. "I do have a plan though. Get back in position, I'm going in."

The little human ear on his shell whirred again, as he began to fly circles around the queen, who was suddenly screaming in confusion.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:39 pm

"It wouldn't have gotten me!" Drova said back, circling high above the danger now, he felt the calm air flowing over his wings, a far cry from what he was witnessing below as the lava swirled around, thrashing too and fro in a chaotic dance of heat and destructive force. He would have been incinerated if he was hit, but it would be quick, and if he made it, well, then he made it.

As the turtle circled in closer, he watched his foe churn about in confusion.

And then he dove, timing the swirling of the tentacles of lava, hoping to break through an opening.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Giovenith wrote:Regardless of how Kwa'a stood or her intentions, Giovenith agreed to honor her request to not share the information, since it was not her's to share in any circumstance. She also agreed with keeping this from Rmwtyliin, at least for now, since she knew that attempting to hop onto supernatural travel all willy-nilly NEVER ended well. These were surprisingly basic and easy things to stand by, and she raised no protest as they went back to Rmwtyliin.

"Aw, sweetie," Giovenith saw the girl's red eyes, quickly coming over and wrapping her in a hug. "Are you alright?"

"Yes." The girl returned the hug.

Nick, correctly inferring that Giovenith no longer needed him in his current location, started heading upstairs. His warm, cozy bed sounded wonderful at that moment.

Meanwhile, Kwa'a had reasoned that the desk, being rather...out of place in the room, likely was important and quite possibly where one went to obtain help. Noticing a bell on the top, she rang it.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Kale looked confused and looked down to see the sickly venus fly trap still in her arms. The little thing coughed. "Oh..." she said, cradling it in her arms. "Poor guy..." she said, showing concern for her own creation. She felt bad that her drunkenness created it like this... Though, woozily thinking on it, she was glad it did instead of... if it didn't.

"So *hic*... How are *hic* you?" she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Meanwhile, Kwa'a had reasoned that the desk, being rather...out of place in the room, likely was important and quite possibly where one went to obtain help. Noticing a bell on the top, she rang it.

There was a flute. It ...did nothing, because it wasn't magical. Just 26 inches of Britannia silver.

"Hello," said Luce mildly, setting down his copy of the Underworld Times, to which he'd been introduced by Misaki during their collaboration for Allspice. "What brings you here? New apartment?"
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Meanwhile, Kwa'a had reasoned that the desk, being rather...out of place in the room, likely was important and quite possibly where one went to obtain help. Noticing a bell on the top, she rang it.

There was a flute. It ...did nothing, because it wasn't magical. Just 26 inches of Britannia silver.

"Hello," said Luce mildly, setting down his copy of the Underworld Times, to which he'd been introduced by Misaki during their collaboration for Allspice. "What brings you here? New apartment?"

"The case is that."

Rmwtyliin was listening, as Duncan translated. Wait. Dwelling? That must have been what she spoke of. I need a dwelling, don't I, if I am to...well...be something akin to alright in this place?...yes. Releasing the older girl, she strode over. For the moment, she would continue to listen.

Kwa'a was speaking again, oddly echoed by the translation. "You are correct. I am here to buy time for an apartment. I do want an apartment, a room not, and I may pay." Upon stating that last, she removed a stack of eggshell-thin golden hemispheres perhaps the width of a dime from a woven sack she'd been carrying over one shoulder. "Gold, I think, holds worth here?"

Rmwtyliin, meanwhile, fingered the ring she'd found herself wearing. Perhaps this was why she'd received it - and, if so, didn't that imply that she was supposed to do this? Reaching her decision, the time-ripped girl spoke.

"When you will have a moment, I, too, will require a dwelling."

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:"The case is that."

Rmwtyliin was listening, as Duncan translated. Wait. Dwelling? That must have been what she spoke of. I need a dwelling, don't I, if I am to...well...be something akin to alright in this place?...yes. Releasing the older girl, she strode over. For the moment, she would continue to listen.

Kwa'a was speaking again, oddly echoed by the translation. "You are correct. I am here to buy time for an apartment. I do want an apartment, a room not, and I may pay." Upon stating that last, she removed a stack of eggshell-thin golden hemispheres perhaps the width of a dime from a woven sack she'd been carrying over one shoulder. "Gold, I think, holds worth here?"

Rmwtyliin, meanwhile, fingered the ring she'd found herself wearing. Perhaps this was why she'd received it - and, if so, didn't that imply that she was supposed to do this? Reaching her decision, the time-ripped girl spoke.

Luce's eyebrows went up, but he only smiled. The two were strangers to him and there were many systems of belief. Chances were, they didn't share his.

"I think you're one of very few who actually pay, but the landlord never seems to mind," he confided, sliding two forms across the desk. "It's a very quirky place. Very ...fun to live in. Just last week, the magical rabbit in one of the units on the second floor was telling my Sister she should get me a cobra in a basket so I could play the flute. He doesn't like snakes, but then again, he's a rabbit. It's expected. I think. Anyway, those forms go in the box on the wall, and your keys will appear afterward. I'll be happy to show you around in the morning, if you like; it is rather late."
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:32 am

The BranRiech wrote:
Monfrox wrote:"Not sure. Maybe a week. Maybe longer. Depends. I don't even remember how I got here." She paused to glance at Brit, who was sitting up and holding her head while she groaned something about not ever drinking again. "I vaguely remember her, though...do you know her?" She turned back to Bran. He may have been Bran, but she could tell a lot had happened. Life changes people, for better or for worse.

"Well damn." Bran chuckled, wishing she could stay longer. "It's been a really long time since I've seen ya'." He nodded. "Oh! Hey, want to come and see Rylli and the kids?"

"Sure, that'd be great. I've got a lot of catching up to do." Mon replied, rubbing his head. She'd follow him into the building when he left.

Meanwhile, Brit sat up straight, rolled over, and puked onto the grass. She was a lightweight, no getting around it. Her head was swimming and she just felt horrible. After she was done throwing up, she sat back and fell onto a fresh spot of grass. "Noooo mooo-ho-ho-ho-hooooooore......" She groaned in agony.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:06 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:"The case is that."

Luce's eyebrows went up, but he only smiled. The two were strangers to him and there were many systems of belief. Chances were, they didn't share his.

"I think you're one of very few who actually pay, but the landlord never seems to mind," he confided, sliding two forms across the desk. "It's a very quirky place. Very ...fun to live in. Just last week, the magical rabbit in one of the units on the second floor was telling my Sister she should get me a cobra in a basket so I could play the flute. He doesn't like snakes, but then again, he's a rabbit. It's expected. I think. Anyway, those forms go in the box on the wall, and your keys will appear afterward. I'll be happy to show you around in the morning, if you like; it is rather late."

Kwa'a turned to the Fvaarniimarn, tapping her on the shoulder. Startled, she turned around.

"You don't have anyone here with you, do you?" (This, and subsequent dialogue, was in Bomic, or in the child's case Fvaarniimarn, for clarity, translated of course by Duncan.)

"N - Yes, they'll be here soon. Really. Really, they will!" Now if only I could believe that...to be anything but a lie...

Kwa'a was not fooled, although, given certain implications, she was rather frightened. It's exactly what Mama Bhewehg would have done - did. Besides, I ran an orphanage once. I wasn't perfect, but I think that I can handle one Fvaa preteen. (And besides, maybe this is a chance to make up for the past.) Kwa'a gently grabbed Rmwtyliin, who was too startled to react, cupping the latter's face with her hands. Softly, so as not to further frighten the girl, she spoke. "There are more sides to Bomic than you know. For example, a custom existed amongst our people to take in children lacking family. I myself benefited from it. Given certain things I would be remiss were I not to act in such a manner. For one thing, I know for a fact that you and I are distant cousins, at least in a sense. Given this, I am almost certainly your closest relative in this reality, and this makes you my responsibility by customs Fvaa as well as Bomic. If you wish to designate an alternate guardian, I will accept that. Otherwise -" She spoke up, switching to English. "Please provide to two keys my apartment and give second to Rmwtyliin. Furnish in my apartment a room to her tastes. She will have her apartment as well."

Numbly, a very confused Rmwtyliin signed her form and attempted to hand over the ring. Kwa'a set another stack of golden Heads on the table, and moved the Naaliasz' hand backwards.

"No, Rmwtyliin." She had switched back to Bomic. "You will keep the ring. You, as I've explained, are my responsibility. I don't mind your being my responsibility. Children do not, at least in a society more civilized than B- at least in a civilized society -" Fortunately, due to being quite flabbergasted, Rmwtyliin wasn't paying enough attention to Kwa'a's body language to notice the "tells" of having let something slip - "Pay for their basic needs. When you are adult at least by Fvaa customs, we can discuss this. I want you to understand that this is not an obligation which goes both ways. You owe me nothing, and will owe me nothing." Noticing that Lucas had vanished but the coins hadn't, she scooped them up. "Bring y -" That was as far as she got, as Rmwtyliin has caught on and was already at the box. "Alright." The forms went in near-simultaneously, as did the Heads.

Oddly enough, the coins made no sound. Was there not a bottom? Three keys soon materialized: one copper-plated, two brass. The brass keys in question each bore an enamel dot on either side; respectively, emerald and violet. Kwa'a placed the copper key in her bag, and - correctly inferring the similarly styled keys to belong to Rmwtyliin - started knotting them onto wool yarn.

"Hey! Isn't one of those opener-closers mine?"

"Actually, both are. I merely thought -" She held up a finished crude necklace, keys knotted so as to face opposite each other, teeth pointing outward. The circumference was great enough so that the necklace would have been waist length; loops which slid when pulled were knotted around the yarn, rendering the necklace short enough, when the loops bracketed the keys, to pass as normal if slightly long jewelry - "That you would prefer to have a simple means of keeping these at hand."

The girl looked at the necklace, lengthening it somewhat so as to slide it more easily over her head. Maybe she's not quite so bad. Gathering her courage, she coughed to catch the woman's attention,

"By what name may I call you?"

A rather large smile formed on a pale brown face. "Kwa'a. Kwa'a Bhewehg, if you would prefer. I believe your name to be Rmwtyliin?"

Someone possessing a long name took a deep breath. "Na - um, yes. Rmwtyliin." Arguably, telling this woman her full name was riskier than getting on a first-name basis with her.

Kwa'a sighed. Presumably, trust would need to be built over time.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:08 am

Torsiedelle wrote:Jasmine took a whiff and grinned. "Ooh, thank you! And you recommend duck? I've meant to try it before. I'll definitely have to give that a try sometime."

"Well if we're just going to go to bed, I could just head back to my place if that's the case." Toscha shrugged, starting to take off Jasmine's clothes. "Here, unless you're fine with me spending the night at your place." She said, handing the clothes back to their true owner as the girl looked to Reginald.

"Don't get any funny ideas." Her eyes narrowed as all that was left was the simple bra.

--

"Yeah, come on then. It . . . Actually, it might be a bit late for that, but we could go and see what's going on."

Bran looked to Mon, and started walking back towards the building, passing by a passed-out Kei on the ground as they went. Yuna was still drunkenly dancing with the Cultists, and didn't take notice of the conscript leaving. He entered the building and turned left, looking down the home-ey staircase, punctuated with the gigantic door.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:20 am

The BranRiech wrote:"It wouldn't have gotten me!" Drova said back, circling high above the danger now, he felt the calm air flowing over his wings, a far cry from what he was witnessing below as the lava swirled around, thrashing too and fro in a chaotic dance of heat and destructive force. He would have been incinerated if he was hit, but it would be quick, and if he made it, well, then he made it.

As the turtle circled in closer, he watched his foe churn about in confusion.

And then he dove, timing the swirling of the tentacles of lava, hoping to break through an opening.

Drova came closer and closer, and the queen, distracted by the turtle, was unable to shoot at the prince. Open mark, Drova succeeded in reaching his destination, and...

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

All of the lava people exploded. However, rather than exploding in a shower of lava and baking Drova and the turtle alive, the lava turned into broken pieces of orange crackers and peanut butter that showered down on the two. Despite that, smoke still dance around them, clearing soon enough to reveal...

"So, you passed the queen," said Utherwishwashum, hovering there.
she/her

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:20 am

The BranRiech wrote:

"Well if we're just going to go to bed, I could just head back to my place if that's the case." Toscha shrugged, starting to take off Jasmine's clothes. "Here, unless you're fine with me spending the night at your place." She said, handing the clothes back to their true owner as the girl looked to Reginald.

"Don't get any funny ideas." Her eyes narrowed as all that was left was the simple bra.

--

"Yeah, come on then. It . . . Actually, it might be a bit late for that, but we could go and see what's going on."

Bran looked to Mon, and started walking back towards the building, passing by a passed-out Kei on the ground as they went. Yuna was still drunkenly dancing with the Cultists, and didn't take notice of the conscript leaving. He entered the building and turned left, looking down the home-ey staircase, punctuated with the gigantic door.

Reginald looked and said," Mam, i know my boundaries i aint some uncivilized barbarian. Unlike most people in this time". Reginald then brought out a pocket watch and checked it. The watch was broken due to that wild bus ride he knew it was early in the morning but he needed the specific time so he then said," Do any of you happen to have the time much thanks in advance".

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:48 pm

"Ahahaha!", Jasmine cracked up. "Now, I doubt a gentleman would think such lewd thought about a young woman. Now, don't be mean to the man!"

She took back her shirt and threw it on, not bothering to get it fully done. "So, that's it, then? Goodnight. I'll give this package a good spot in my kitchen, and have it with tea."

She bowed to her two fellow citizens and began to back off. "I look forward to our next meeting. I believe that everything happens for a reason!"
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:06 pm

Giovenith wrote:Drova came closer and closer, and the queen, distracted by the turtle, was unable to shoot at the prince. Open mark, Drova succeeded in reaching his destination, and...

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

All of the lava people exploded. However, rather than exploding in a shower of lava and baking Drova and the turtle alive, the lava turned into broken pieces of orange crackers and peanut butter that showered down on the two. Despite that, smoke still dance around them, clearing soon enough to reveal...

"So, you passed the queen," said Utherwishwashum, hovering there.

Thinking for a fraction of a second that he had failed, and that he'd be feeling the searing pain of laval washing over him for but a split-second before being incinerated, Drova was utterly surprised to find that what would have been burning him to death, was now coating him in sweet treats and crackers. Of course, it was the most disgusting of snacks, as anyone well-versed in lunch-table diplomatic trading would know. Orange-crackers with peanut butter was the North Korea of trading at the lunch table. No one wanted them, and no one who had them even ate them.

"Yeah, I did, with the help of my friend." He nodded, looking over to the turtle.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:14 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"Interesting, fellow then, I assume?" Natiya nodded, finishing dressing herself as she opened up the bathroom door, looking approvingly at Aleki's status of being clothed at the moment. "Well, so we head there then?"

"Ey, sure thing. Just let me get some socks and shoes on and we can start heading out... Should be a short walk there." Referring to the fact that they were in the capital just a few blocks away from the Grand Plaza.

Tiltjuice wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:"Furry little bunny like you should be." Sapphire answered as they waited in the decontamination room, she then went on to add, "Except you will be able to have your fur change colors depending mood, think of it like a mood-ring but to where your neutral, default mood is your original fur color....What was your fur color anyway?" She asked as they stepped out of the room.

Tan! Very desert-y. Dashing. Like sand. Warm. Good.

MB pondered the possibilities of being a mood ring. It held promise, he thought, especially if he could talk Chrys or Marcus or someone of the time-traveling persuasion to take him back to the 1960s. Along with his newfound cat scientist buddy.

You like lava lamps? he asked, hopefully.

"So then that will be the "normal" fur color, kinda like the color green on a mood ring." She replied before pondering on MB's question. Lava lamp..Where have I heard that..Don't think I have, maybe in a book..Maybe. She then answered to her friend, "Don't even know what that is, what is it? Sounds kinda exotic to me."

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse