NATION

PASSWORD

Forge of Empires - AH RP [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Bujahla wrote:Oh, I should specify the roll of the "Vice-OP." Basically, he's the head Co-OP, but fancier. He has pretty much equal power as me but I do more of the regulatory work. He's in charge of history and stuff and if he gives a ruling on anything then it's good as gold unless I over-rule it, but I probs won't. He also fills in as OP in my absence and if I'm in a dispute with someone he decides stuff.

-nodding quickly-

Also... I present the updated...

List of Nations:

1. Dual Kingdom of England and France
2. Kingdom of Burgundy
3. Crown of Aragon
4. Kingdom of Spain
5. Kingdom of the Scots
6. Duchy of Savoy
7. Grand Duchy of Baden
8. Duchy of Württemberg
9. Free City of Münster
10. Duchy of Greater Cologne
11. Kingdom of Bavaria
12. Duchy of Brunswick
13. Duchy of Oldenburg
14. Archbishopric of Bremen
15. Free Hanseatic Cities
16. Kingdom of Denmark-Norway
17. Margraviate of Brandenburg
18. Kingdom of Pomerania
19. Duchy of Tyrol
20. Duchy of Austria
21. Duchy of Milan
22. Most Serene Republic of Venice
23. Kingdom of the Croats
24. Most Serene Republic of Genoa
25. Florentine Republic
26. Papal States
27. Kingdom of Naples
28. Kingdom of Albania
29. Sultanate of Morocco
30. Sokot Confederacy
31. Mameluke Empire
32. Latin Empire
33. Kingdom of Thrace
34. Serbian Empire
35. Duchy of Moldavia
36. Kingdom of Bohemia
37. Kingdom of Poland
38. Duchy of Prussia
39. Kingdom of Sweden
40. Duchy of Courland
41. Federation of Aleyska
42. Republic of le Nord
43. Manhattan Confederacy
44. Huron-Wyandot
45. League of Peace and Power
46. Miami Tribe
47. Ottawa Tribe
48. Pottawatomie Tribe
49. Shawnee Confederacy
50. Empire of all the Russias
51. Persian Empire
52. Kingdom of Jebel Shammar
53. Kingdom of Yemen
54. Kingdom of Oman
55. Emirate of Abu Dhabi
56. Sultanate of Delhi
57. Celestial Kingdom of Yìndù
58. Maratha Confederacy
59. Kingdom of Nepal
60. Kingdom of Sikkim
61. Kingdom of Bhutan
62. Tibetan Empire
63. Kingdom of Uyghurstan
64. Mongol Khanate
65. Empire of China
66. Kingdom of Great Joseon
67. Shogunate of Japan
68. Kingdom of the Viet
69. Kingdom of Dai Nam
70. Kingdom of Cochinchina
71. Cambodian Kingdom
72. Kingdom of Laos
73. Siamese Empire
74. Independent Republic of Daksina
75. Hegemony of the Ngā Rauru
76. Swahili League
77. Empire of the Zulu
78. French Republic of the Cape
79. Republic of the Patagonië
80. Confederation of the Rio de La Plata
81. Kingdom of Bolivia
82. Empire of Nova Roma
83. Grenadine Confederation
84. Republic of Venezuela
85. Republic of Texas
86. Kingdom of Florida
87. Republic of West Florida
88. Cherokee League
89. Republic of Nieuwekust
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Just a question is Alaskya a former Russian colony? Because according to the history it should be.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:Just a question is Alaskya a former Russian colony? Because according to the history it should be.

Yarp. USA analogue but Russian, basically.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:Just a question is Alaskya a former Russian colony? Because according to the history it should be.

Ah yes.

It's like how the USSR was the USA, just Russian.

<3 Calt I have arrived.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Also, other important maps (Buj, you may wanna add them to t'Op)

http://i.imgur.com/rN8VfTO.png <- Holy Roman Empire
http://i.imgur.com/AbJKWF0.png <- Pan-Italian League
http://i.imgur.com/iXlFL0p.png <- Shogunate of Japan

Mishmahig wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

Ah yes.

It's like how the USSR was the USA, just Russian.

<3 Calt I have arrived.

You here for Sikkim? Take it.

-throws it at you angrly because I remembered your comment on Yorkshire tea >:(-
Last edited by Caltarania on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:12 pm

h
Last edited by The imperial canadian dutchy on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
e

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Caltarania wrote:

I see. I hope Alaskya has no resentments toward its former colonial master?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 pm

(Guys if my dedication to RP ever comes into question, just remember that it is literally 4am over here and I am staying up to make sure to RP doesn't disappear overnight :3)

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

I see. I hope Alaskya has no resentments toward its former colonial master?

Probably similar to UK-US relations IOTL.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Caltarania wrote:(Guys if my dedication to RP ever comes into question, just remember that it is literally 4am over here and I am staying up to make sure to RP doesn't disappear overnight :3)

Aden Protectorate wrote:I see. I hope Alaskya has no resentments toward its former colonial master?

Probs good. We don't have any real strife with you and neither are we really worried about you because you couldn't do us a 1812 due to distance.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Caltarania wrote:(Guys if my dedication to RP ever comes into question, just remember that it is literally 4am over here and I am staying up to make sure to RP doesn't disappear overnight :3)

Probs good. We don't have any real strife with you and neither are we really worried about you because you couldn't do us a 1812 due to distance.

Good. I would like to discuss with you how you became independent? As i want our histories to match so that there is no confusion. Plus I would like to have your input because if effects both our countries.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:26 pm

How many people do you think genoa has total? I can't figure it out...
yee haw it's time for mass line

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Reatra wrote:How many people do you think genoa has total? I can't figure it out...

Use Popul stat
e

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Bujahla wrote:

Good. I would like to discuss with you how you became independent? As i want our histories to match so that there is no confusion. Plus I would like to have your input because if effects both our countries.

Mkay. I'm thinking sometime in the 1812's they have a revolutionary war, but it'd be hilariously melodramatic.
I'm also thinking larger population due to ending serfdoms very early on, if that's okay with you.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 pm

I'd like for New Granada to be a former Aragonese colony instead of Spanish, but then it can't be called Granada, more like New Huesca or New Zaragoza or something like that...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Gibberan wrote:I'd like for New Granada to be a former Aragonese colony instead of Spanish, but then it can't be called Granada, more like New Huesca or New Zaragoza or something like that...

Think The arrogonese were more focussed on the Med
e

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Gibberan wrote:I'd like for New Granada to be a former Aragonese colony instead of Spanish, but then it can't be called Granada, more like New Huesca or New Zaragoza or something like that...

:P

Maybe the Spanish founded it but the Aragonese stole it?

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Caltarania wrote:

I could see an Aragonese venezuela due to size.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

I could see an Aragonese venezuela due to size.

What are Spanish-Aragonese relations like?

If they are sour, all the better. A Spanish Colombia New Granada and an Aragonese Venezuela would only give our two countries more reasons to hate each other.
Last edited by Gibberan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 pm

This government complicated enough for ye' xD?

Government Type: Semi-Federal Parliamentary Democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: The government of the Dual Kingdom is, in fact, as complicated as it sounds. England and France are both home to individual Parliaments, in Middlesex and Ile-de-France respectively. The Monarch has properties in both cities, along with properties in Windsor, York, Orleans, Caen and Angers. These two Parliaments, when combined, make up the Parliament of the Dual Kingdom or 'le Parlement de la Double-Uni'. French and English can be used in either Parliament, with the overwhelming majority of MP's being bilingual, fluent in both English and French. The Parliaments are known as, individually, the Parliament of England and le Parlement de la France. The individual Parliaments decide on law for their respective regions. De jure they need royal assent, but this is rarely considering in the actual day-to-day workings of the Parliaments. The government is then made more complicated by the existence of the Royal Regional Assemblies, or les Assemblées Régionales Royaux. There are seven of these in the Dual Kingdom and they are, in no particular order; The Welsh Assembly, the High Court of Ireland, the Council of the North, the Breton Parliament, the Senate of Flanders, the Council of Normandy and the Aquitanian Assembly. They deal with regional issues of their said locales; for example, the Council of the North would deal with the subsidization of industry in Northern England, but would still have to adhere to the laws set by the Parliament of England.

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:Good. I would like to discuss with you how you became independent? As i want our histories to match so that there is no confusion. Plus I would like to have your input because if effects both our countries.

Mkay. I'm thinking sometime in the 1812's they have a revolutionary war, but it'd be hilariously melodramatic.
I'm also thinking larger population due to ending serfdoms very early on, if that's okay with you.

I plan to have Catherine the Great, who because the French Revolution never happened (the Execution of the Monarch's turned her into a more conservative and autocratic ruler) stayed Liberal and implemented numerous reforms such as emancipating the serfs and modernization.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: Duchy of Oldenburg
Symbols: Flag | COA
Homeland Population: ~220,000
Imperial Population: See Above
Location/Claims: #13
Capital City: Oldenburg

Government Info
Government Type: Holy Roman Empire Tributary Duchy
Brief Explanation of Government: Your typical Duchy. Duke administers Oldenburg mostly autonomously, falling under only the Emperor, the Merchants and Aristocrats corrupt and influence policy to extreme limits, the Military remains in check to prevent any attempts at coup.
Ideology: Germanism, HRE Solidarity, Franco-phillia,
Leader/s: Augustus, Grand Duke of Oldenburg

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: The People of Oldenburg are quite similar to any other German duchy. They enjoy a good deal of civil rights, had a fairly strong military culture, speak German, are fairly urbanized for the time period and are generally skeptical of non-Germanic culture.
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Ethnicity: Germanic
Main/Accepted Culture(s): HRE Cultures, such as Bavarian, Prussian, Saar.
Other Cultures: Danish, Dutch, Burgundian, French, Jewish. All are small minorities, largely shunned.

Military Info
Army: Generally high quality due to strong capital, 3,000 Troops divided into ~30 divisions
Navy: 13 Patrol boats, substandard.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Oldenburg has become a coastal trade city in Germany known to bring in great capital from both the Baltic and North Sea. With the birth of Imperialism, many colonial goods flow into the HRE from Oldenburg's ports. Oldenburg has extreme economic divides, causing a very rich aristocratic and merchant class, and a poor servant workforce.
Goals: Not to be absorbed by Burgundy, Become major German city, possibly be a leader in unification.
History:
-City settled by German Barbarians
-City develops under Romans (Civilization!)
-Oldenburg becomes regional city
-Vikings continue to raid, French, Burgundians, Germans, Huns, Saxons all raid poor little Oldenburg
-Civilization, Again!
-HRE is formed, Oldenburg joins immediately with the rest of the German Duchies
-Oldenburg Catholics originally resent the reform movement, but when it proves to be workable, it's incorporated.
-Present day.
RP Sample: Heh.
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Reservation:
Nation Name: Mameluke Empire
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Additional reservation now that the app is up.

Reservation:
Nation Name: Kingdom of Nepal
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Bujahla wrote:

I plan to have Catherine the Great, who because the French Revolution never happened (the Execution of the Monarch's turned her into a more conservative and autocratic ruler) stayed Liberal and implemented numerous reforms such as emancipating the serfs and modernization.

Perf.

Caltarania wrote:This government complicated enough for ye' xD?

Government Type: Semi-Federal Parliamentary Democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: The government of the Dual Kingdom is, in fact, as complicated as it sounds. England and France are both home to individual Parliaments, in Middlesex and Ile-de-France respectively. The Monarch has properties in both cities, along with properties in Windsor, York, Orleans, Caen and Angers. These two Parliaments, when combined, make up the Parliament of the Dual Kingdom or 'le Parlement de la Double-Uni'. French and English can be used in either Parliament, with the overwhelming majority of MP's being bilingual, fluent in both English and French. The Parliaments are known as, individually, the Parliament of England and le Parlement de la France. The individual Parliaments decide on law for their respective regions. De jure they need royal assent, but this is rarely considering in the actual day-to-day workings of the Parliaments. The government is then made more complicated by the existence of the Royal Regional Assemblies, or les Assemblées Régionales Royaux. There are seven of these in the Dual Kingdom and they are, in no particular order; The Welsh Assembly, the High Court of Ireland, the Council of the North, the Breton Parliament, the Senate of Flanders, the Council of Normandy and the Aquitanian Assembly. They deal with regional issues of their said locales; for example, the Council of the North would deal with the subsidization of industry in Northern England, but would still have to adhere to the laws set by the Parliament of England.

Perf.

Rephesus wrote:
Generic Info
Nation Name: Duchy of Oldenburg
Symbols: Flag | COA
Homeland Population: ~220,000
Imperial Population: See Above
Location/Claims: #13
Capital City: Oldenburg

Government Info
Government Type: Holy Roman Empire Tributary Duchy
Brief Explanation of Government: Your typical Duchy. Duke administers Oldenburg mostly autonomously, falling under only the Emperor, the Merchants and Aristocrats corrupt and influence policy to extreme limits, the Military remains in check to prevent any attempts at coup.
Ideology: Germanism, HRE Solidarity, Franco-phillia,
Leader/s: Augustus, Grand Duke of Oldenburg

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: The People of Oldenburg are quite similar to any other German duchy. They enjoy a good deal of civil rights, had a fairly strong military culture, speak German, are fairly urbanized for the time period and are generally skeptical of non-Germanic culture.
Religion: Roman Catholicism
Ethnicity: Germanic
Main/Accepted Culture(s): HRE Cultures, such as Bavarian, Prussian, Saar.
Other Cultures: Danish, Dutch, Burgundian, French, Jewish. All are small minorities, largely shunned.

Military Info
Army: Generally high quality due to strong capital, 3,000 Troops divided into ~30 divisions
Navy: 13 Patrol boats, substandard.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Oldenburg has become a coastal trade city in Germany known to bring in great capital from both the Baltic and North Sea. With the birth of Imperialism, many colonial goods flow into the HRE from Oldenburg's ports. Oldenburg has extreme economic divides, causing a very rich aristocratic and merchant class, and a poor servant workforce.
Goals: Not to be absorbed by Burgundy, Become major German city, possibly be a leader in unification.
History:
-City settled by German Barbarians
-City develops under Romans (Civilization!)
-Oldenburg becomes regional city
-Vikings continue to raid, French, Burgundians, Germans, Huns, Saxons all raid poor little Oldenburg
-Civilization, Again!
-HRE is formed, Oldenburg joins immediately with the rest of the German Duchies
-Oldenburg Catholics originally resent the reform movement, but when it proves to be workable, it's incorporated.
-Present day.
RP Sample: Heh.
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Since you small, idc about history as much. Best of luck. Accepted. Your reservation on Nepal is accepted.

@Val, res is accepted.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Chihuahua y Tejas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chihuahua y Tejas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads