NATION

PASSWORD

Forge of Empires - AH RP [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 pm

I think I have the colonial power of Genoa.

5(Western Europe)+2(Two major ports (Genoa and Athens))+2(Ocean naval power (partners with Spain and therefore must have SOME
oceangoing craft)-1(IRL empire, I think Caffa might count as a colony (was settled by Genovese in 1200s) so instead of -2 I get -1)=8 Total Colonial Power!
Last edited by Reatra on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Dual Kingdom of England and France / Le Dual-Uni de l'Angleterre et de la France
Symbols: Homeland Population: 23,878,000 under the Parliament of England, 28,240,000 under le Parlement de la France, 113,800 under the Crown Dependencies
Imperial Population: 52,277,600; 45,800 of which being colonial subjects.
Location/Claims: Number One
Capital City: Middlesex (London) and Ile-de-France (Paris) are joint capitals.

Government Info
Government Type: Semi-Federal Parliamentary Democracy under a Constitutional Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: The government of the Dual Kingdom is, in fact, as complicated as it sounds. England and France are both home to individual Parliaments, in Middlesex and Ile-de-France respectively. The Monarch has properties in both cities, along with properties in Windsor, York, Orleans, Caen and Angers. These two Parliaments, when combined, make up the Parliament of the Dual Kingdom or 'le Parlement de la Double-Uni'. French and English can be used in either Parliament, with the overwhelming majority of MPs being bilingual, fluent in both English and French. The Parliaments are known as, individually, the Parliament of England and le Parlement de la France. The individual Parliaments decide on law for their respective regions. De jure they need royal assent, but this is rarely considered in the actual day-to-day workings of the Parliaments. The MPs are elected by the landed citizenry of England (along with Wales and Ireland) and France, respectively. Gerrymandering is common, and rotten boroughs are present. The government is then made more complicated by the existence of the Royal Regional Assemblies, or les Assemblées Régionales Royaux. There are eight of these in the Dual Kingdom and they are, in no particular order; The Welsh Assembly, the High Court of Ireland, the Council of the North, the Cornish Seat, the Breton Parliament, the Senate of Flanders, the Council of Normandy and the Aquitanian Assembly. They deal with regional issues of their said locales; for example, the Council of the North would deal with the subsidization of industry in Northern England, but would still have to adhere to the laws set by the Parliament of England. The members of these assembles, dubbed 'MAs' are appointed by the Monarch on the guidelines set by the people of the regions. They have been largely successful, since their foundation, of lowering militancy throughout the nation. The government and monarch are restricted by the recently-updated Magna Carta, the nation's Constitution. The position of Prime Minister is elected by both houses of a single individual who represents the Parliament of the Dual Kingdom. The Deputy Prime Minister is, usually but not always, the second-most popular individual. There are also the Crown Dependencies, the Isles of Man, Guernsey and Jersey. They have their own parliaments but are under the protection of the Anglois Crown.
Ideology: Classical Liberalism, Anglois Nationalism, Humanism, Regionalism, Constitutionalism, Democracy, Monarchism
Leader/s: Head of State: Richard IV, by the Grace of God, of the Dual Kingdom of England and France and of Her other Realms and Territories King, Duke of Normandy, Duke of Aquitaine, Lord of Ireland, Protector of the Realm and Defender of the Catholic Faith.
Head of Government: Prime Minister/Premier Ministre Achille-Léonce-Victor-Charles, 3rd Duc de Broglie
Deputy Prime Minister/Vice-Premier Ministre William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: The Anglois culture is a one both new and old. The culture itself is the result of four hundred year old union between England and France; and the chaotic civil anarchy which followed it's establishment. It draws from the French, English, Welsh and - to a much lesser extent - Irish cultures, creating an entirely new identity. A book written by French Renaissance author Voltaire entitled "L'Anglois" describes the typical Anglois as such; "The Anglois maintains a stiff upper lip - with which he speaks two tongues - has a strong sense of fair play and is an advocate of liberty. Inventive, graceful and witty, he cuts a striking image amongst the nationalities." The book was a best-seller across the Dual Kingdom, and is widely accepted as the best description of the Anglois.
Religion:
  • Christianity; 87%
    - Catholic; 85%
    - Orthodox; 2%
  • Judaism; 3%
  • Non-Religious; 8%
  • Islam; 2%
    - Sunni; 1.5%
    - Shia; 0.25%
    - Ibadi; 0.25%
Ethnicity: Dubbed 'White Anglois' or 'Anglois de le Blanc' by Parliament. In reality, a cluster-fuck between Frankish, Celtic and Germanic.
Main/Accepted Culture(s): 'Anglois', Welsh, Breton, Flemish, Irish, Cornish
Other Cultures: African Minor, Mali, Seychellen, Basque, Catalan

Military Info
Army: The Anglois Army / L'Armée Anglois - 520,000
  • The Foot Guards / Les Gardes à Pied - 150,000
    • Royal Guards - 24,000
    • Irish Guards - 12,000
    • Welsh Guards - 9,000
    • Gardes de Grenadier - 51,000
    • Gardes-Paris - 15,000
    • Gardes-Orléans - 9,000
    • Gardes-Breton - 12,000
    • Gardes-Aquitains - 18,000
  • The Rifles / Les Chasseurs - 57,000
    • The Rifles - 21,000
    • Les Chasseurs - 36,000
  • The Heavy Cavalry / La Cavalerie Lourde - 44,000
    • His Majesty's Irish and Welsh Dragoons - 12,000
    • La Cavalerie Française - 33,000
  • The Light Infantry / Le Infanterie Légère - 85,000
    • Yorkshire's Own Light Infantry - 21,000
    • Middlesex Light Infantry - 12,000
    • Infanterie Légère Breton - 9,000
    • United Light Infantry - 43,000
  • The Royal Artillery Corps / Le Artillerie Corps Royale - 75,000
    • Royal English Artillery - 24,000
    • Irish Artillery - 9,000
    • Artillerie Continental - 42,000
  • The Royal Commandos / Les Commandos Royales - 9,000
    • The English, Welsh and Irish Core - 3,000
    • Forces Spéciales Françaises - 6,000
  • The Royal Reserve Forces / Les Forces de Réserve Royaux - 100,000
    • Royal English Reserves - 36,000
    • His Majesty's Celtic Volunteers - 21,000
    • Les Réserves Françaises - 43,000
Navy: The Royal Navy / La Marine Royale - 207 total ships, 31,350 total personnel
  • The Channel Fleet / La Flotte de la Manche - 67 ships, 16,750 personnel
  • The Mediterranean Fleet / La Flotte de la Méditerranée - 38 ships, 9,500 personnel
  • His Majesty's Transports / Transports de Sa Majesté - 102 transports, 5,100 personnel

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The Anglois economy is a diverse one, based on trade and production. Due to it being the birth place of the industrial revolution (?) the Dual Kingdom has an extensive amount of industry compared to that of other nations, with coal and iron production in Northern England being at an all time high. The Dual Kingdom also grants loans to other governments.
Goals:
- Gain colonies in Africa and possibly Oceania
- Pacify one of the two possibly hostile neighbours (the Spanish and the HRE)
- Secure Anglo-Scottish border
- Sing 'Angloisia Rules the World'
History: In 1337 began the Hundred Year's War. So called not because it raged for so long, but because it's aftermath was so devastating that it was just as bad as the war itself. English was victorious all the way up to 1360 and - with their new-found Burgundian allies - they were finally able to utterly defeat the French in 1361. The French King was executed, and Edward was declared King of both France and England. What would follow, though, was no Kingship. Anarchy, anarchy everywhere. The French and English armies alike, both relieved of service, were a scourge on the country - some even resorting to burning and looting villages. The French citizenry did not take kindly to the King's inability to prevent this looting and this culminated in the 1363 Rebellion. The peasants pushed King Edward out of the city of Paris, mortally wounding him in the process. From that moment on, all Anglois Kings resided in Middlesex. Edward's successor, Edward, the Black Prince, became King Edward IV, and further saw the anarchy of the nation. The Dublin Rebellion in 1370, the Welsh War in 1372 and the Breton Riot of 1373. With Edward IV's death in 1376, the nation saw further anarchy. Richard became King Richard II, but nothing changed. The monarch held no control, and there was seemingly no way to prevent the chaos.

In 1545, Kind Edmund 'the Pious' started off his short reign with his reception at the Great Christian Compromise. In 1558, Queen Elizabeth 'the Magnificent' of House Plantagenet came to power, and the chaos began to stop. She created the Royal Regional Assemblies in 1560, quelling a large portion of the chaos by 1564. Her skill at statesmanship gave her the title she carried until her death. She pushed through Parliament a new law, which designated French as a co-equal language to that of English. This ended, at least mostly, the rioting in Paris. Elizabeth's reign saw the government take back control from the chaos, and up until her death in 1603 the nation slowly recovered. Her son and heir, King Edmund II took the throne and continued, mostly, down his mother's path. He separated the English and French parliaments in 1612 and made Welsh, Irish, Breton and Dutch 'regional languages' of the Dual Monarchy. More of this continued for several years until his death in 1641. The final major event was in the 1700s, when the chaos finally ended. Along with this came a growing sense of Anglois-identity that we see today, along with the growth of the Renaissance and the dawn of the Industrial Revolution.
RP Sample: a buh a buh a bababa
Last edited by Caltarania on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Ffs.

Reservation:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Burgundy
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Scots (Scotland)
Symbols:
-Flag
-Royal Standard
-Coat of Arms
-Naval Ensign
-Flag of New Scotland
-Coat of Arms of New Scotland
-Flag of Scottish Malaysia
-National Anthem
-Unicorn
-Thistle
-Saint Andrew
-Robert the Bruce
-Robert Burns
-William Wallace
-Complete List of Symbols

Homeland Population: 2,591,000
Imperial Population: 4,991,900
-New Caledonia: 26,700
-New Scotland: 1,688,700
-Eilean an t-Siùcair (Hispaniola): 526,500
-Scottish Malaysia: 2,750,000

Location/Claims: 5
Capital City: Edinburgh

Government Info
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy over a Bicameral Federal Parliament
Brief Explanation of Government: The Monarch has total control over the military, however Parliament must approve any declaration of war. Parliament is also responsible for the laws of Scotland and with the urging of the Kings and Queens since 1715 have been granting rights to the populace. The Scottish Parliament has two houses, the House of Chiefs (Upper) and the House of Stewards (Lower). The House of Chiefs is made up entirely of the chiefs the various clans of Scotland. The House of Stewards holds other Scottish nobility and even commoners. The House of Chiefs has been losing their powers and is mainly used to review the laws passed by the House of Stewards before they approve the legislation, however if they reject any legislation coming from the House of Stewards a simple two thirds majority vote in the Lower House can override the Chief's decision. The Monarch must sign all legislation before it can be made solid law.
Ideology: Conservatism with hints of Liberalism (aka early Libertarianism ), Humanism, Democracyism, Scottish Nationaislm, Colonialism, Monarchism
Leader/s:
-Head of State: King Robert IV
-Head of Government: Hon. Kenneth Mackenzie, Earl of Seaforth (Also known as Earl Seaforth)

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Claaaaaaaaans. Freeeeeeeeedooooom. Whiskeeeeeeeey.
Religion: Dominate religion is Catholicism and is present through the vast majority of the Kingdom of Scots and the Scottish Empire. Judaism, Orthodoxy, Paganism, and Islamism are present through the Kingdom and Empire as well.
Ethnicity: White
Main/Accepted Culture(s):
-Main: Scottish
-Accepted: Irish
Other Cultures: English, Native American, Native Spice Islander, Scandinavian

Military Info
Army:
-The Royal Scots Army
--37,500 Standing
--30,000 Reserves
--900,000 Conscriptable (Estimated)
--Branches:
---Royal Scots Expeditionary Force (Currently Colonial)
---Royal Scots Homeland Guard
---Royal Scots Calvary
---Royal Scots Battery
--Well trained and decently equipped.
--Leadership is decent, but makes mistakes like everyone else.
-Royal Scots Malaysian Guard
--30,000 Standing
--10,000 Reserves (Entirely Native)
--Well trained and decently equipped.
--Leadership is shared between Natives and Scottish generals.
--Natives are a cornerstone to the army, as it helps keeps peace in the colony.
-The Colonial Militia
--365,000 (Estimated)
--Consists of colonists, some are well trained former soldiers, others simply a farmer with a gun.
--Leadership falls under the Royal Scots Army when in battle.
-The King's Own Highlanders
--1,250 (Estimated)
--Guards the Royal Estates within Scotland
--Well trained "super" soldiers

Navy:
-Royal Scots Navy
--Caribbean Fleet:
---2 Ship of the Lines
---2 Man o' Wars
---4 Sloop o' Wars
---Mainly hand-me-down ships from the Homeland Fleet
---Decently trained, keeps the pirates away
--Homeland Fleet:
---5 Ship of the Lines
---6 Man o' Wars
---16 Sloop o' Wars
---9 Various Frigates
---Well trained
---Well equipped
---Fairly modern
--New Scottish Fleet:
---3 Ship of the Lines
---8 Man o' Wars
---13 Sloop o' Wars
---5 Various Frigates
---Well trained
---Well equipped
---Fairly modern
--Pacific Fleet:
---4 Ship of the Lines
---11 Man o' Wars
---19 Sloop o' Wars
---15 Various Frigates
---Well trained
---Well equipped
---Fairly modern
---Considered the "best" of the Scottish fleets

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The Scottish economy does fairly well. Its largest "industries" are Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, Cloth/Wool/Textiles, Fishing, Iron and Other Ore Mining, Timber, and Whiskey Brewing. Spices and other such goods from Scottish Malaysia are also a large export but are also a sizable import. Bananas and Plantains, Cigars, and Cocoa Beans are exclusively found in the colony of Eilean an t-Siùcair, which ironically bears no sugar and was mistakenly named by the original colonists. The Scottish economy is slowly industrializing, and industrialization is currently only present in the Lowlands, predominately in the areas surrounding Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Goals:
-Maintain current colonies
-Possible expansion into Native American Lands
-Not die to the Dual Kingdom
History: After driving the English out in 1328, Scotland had been able to maintain its freedom from the English due to their victory in the 100 Years War, which had occupied them otherwise with internal problems involving the newly subjugated French populace. With this, the Auld Alliance had ended with the French, and was replaced by a similar version against the new Anglo-French Union with the Kingdom of Burgundy. The Protestant Reformation arrived in Scotland, bu was later ended during the Great Christian Compromise. in which many Scottish nobles had attended, including the Duke of Rothesay. The Scots landed in the New World in 1619 in the Colony of New Lothian (Maine). The Scots slowly moved down the coast, claiming Saint Fergus (New Hampshire), New Kintail (Vermont), Albany (Eastern Massachusetts), and New Glasgow (Rhode Island). Together, the colonies make up what is known as New Scotland. The Scots landed in Eilean an t-Siùcair shortly after. The Scots colonized Scottish Malaysia and have recently begun colonizing New Caledonia (Scottish New Zealand). Peace had been seen throughout homeland Scotland since its independence from the English during the fourteenth century. However, the Scottish Army did participate in minor foreign struggles, both under Saint Andrew's Satire and the Lion Rampart along with the flags of the Dutch, Spaniards and other Europeans who had hired them.
RP Sample: I am the Queen.
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:00 am

Hey Cal of Britannia can you accept or look over apps?
e

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 am

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Hey Cal of Britannia can you accept or look over apps?

Yeah but meh.

I'm tired as all hell and will probably make a mistake.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:03 am

Caltarania wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Hey Cal of Britannia can you accept or look over apps?

Yeah but meh.

What time is it in Badfoodland anyways?
e

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:05 am

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
Yeah but meh.

8:05am

And I prefer the term Tealand. Because for the love of god if you don't like Yorkshire puddings, you're just wrong.
Last edited by Caltarania on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 am

Caltarania wrote:
Yeah but meh.

Why does everyone act like Italian restaurants do not exist outside of the American North East and Italy? Literally all my mother ever does is tell me I will get shitty food if I go to Scotland/England/That Island and I'm just like "mom they have Italian restaurants and chicken fingers I'm good" because that's literally my diet.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:08 am

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:What time is it in Badfoodland anyways?

Why does everyone act like Italian restaurants do not exist outside of the American North East and Italy? Literally all my mother ever does is tell me I will get shitty food if I go to Scotland/England/That Island and I'm just like "mom they have Italian restaurants and chicken fingers I'm good" because that's literally my diet.

We also have tea.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:12 am

Caltarania wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:What time is it in Badfoodland anyways?

And I prefer the term Tealand. Because for the love of god if you don't like Yorkshire puddings, you're just wrong.

I'm kidding I generally enjoy british food a lot, It's better than French food, Yorkshire pudding is fucking fantastic with salt.
e

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:13 am

Caltarania wrote:

We also have tea.

Which is quite nasty
e

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:14 am

Caltarania wrote:

I'm kidding I generally enjoy british food a lot, It's better than French food, Yorkshire pudding is fucking fantastic with salt.

Yush, dirty frogs. Everything is better with salt.

Caltarania wrote:
We also have tea.

Which is quite nasty

Naahhhhh mate.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 am

Caltarania wrote:

We also have tea.

I cannot eat tea.

And who needs tea when you can drink Sprite and Mtn Dew?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:17 am

Caltarania wrote:
We also have tea.

I cannot eat tea.

I feel bad for your doctor XD
e

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:19 am

I cannot eat tea.

I feel bad for your doctor XD

I'm actually surprisingly healthy despite what I consume.

Regardless of genetics, which gives me rampant heart disease (thanks Italian side of the family) and very likely rampant alcoholism (*stares at Scotch-Irish side*).

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:51 am

Wait so like important question here.

I just noticed that Scotland holds Macau , which tbh is fabulous and all and I'd love to have it, but like how did they get it?

Homeland Scotland only has a population of like 2.5 million, so like yeah I mean that's something to keep in mind. I mean I have enough problems with my army being spread thin so much in the existing colonies and I don't see how we could have held Macau either.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:53 am

Sveltlana wrote:Ffs.

Reservation:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Burgundy
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

dangit

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:29 am

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Bavaria
Symbols: Anthem, Flag of Bavaria, Flag of the Empire
Homeland Population: (population of everyone considered a citizen)
Imperial Population: (include population of colonies)
Location/Claims: 11
Capital City: Munich

Government Info
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: The King of Bavaria is hereditary, whereas the Emperor of the HRE is "elected", however Bavarian Wittelsbach Kings have been Emperors for almost 300 years.
Ideology: German Unification, Capitalism, Monarchism
Leader/s: Frederick IV, by the Grace of God, of the Holy Roman Empire and all her Rightful Holdings, Emperor. Head of House Wittelsbach, Heir of Charlemagne, King of Bavaria, Sovereign of Northern Italy, Lord Protector of the Swiss, Count of Trient, Emperor of all the Germans and Protector of the Papacy
Chancellor Joseph Husbeck

Population Info
Brief Description of your people:
Religion:
98% Roman Catholic
1% Judaism
0.3% Orthodox Christians
0.7% No Religion

Ethnicity:
Main/Accepted Culture(s): German, Italian, Prussian, Latvian
Other Cultures: Polish, Danish, Hungarian

Military Info
Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
Navy: (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Bavarian Cities are industrialised to the highest point that 1836 allows. Minerals from across her territories and that of the HRE fuel her forges, whilst a healthy rural sector provides ample food. Exotic goods are brought from the many HRE ports and trading is excercised with all who are willing.

Goals: Unite the Germans (Sorta like a German Empire but all Kingdoms within it), reclaim rightful Imperial Territory, establish colonies.

History:
1556 - Emperor Francis, the first Bavarian Wittelsbach, is crowned Emperor.
1560 - The Habsburg Rebellion begins
1573 - The Habsburg Rebellion ends. A lot of their land is taken by Bavaria, some is given to other states.
1641 - Courland joins the HRE officially.
1684 - The War of the States begins.
1713 - The War of the States ends, with Bavaria and her allied states (On map) taking their current holdings.
1764 - Industrial Revolution begins in the HRE
1820 - Emperor Frederick IV is crowned Emperor, age 25.
1827 - Frederick IV marries Anna Christina of Sweden

RP Sample: Quack

WIP.
Also, my suggestion was used! :lol:
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:33 am

Neighbour! :D

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:35 am

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Burgundy | (Dutch: Het Koninkrijk van Bourgondië) | (French: Le Royaume de Bourgogne)
Symbols:
Cross of Burgundy
-- Arms of Burgundy
-- Het Otto-Willemus
Homeland Population: 15,160,000
-- Netherlands: 4,780,000
-- Belgium: 4,240,000
-- Bourgogne: 2,580,000
-- Champagne: 1,810,000
-- Franche-Comté: 1,750,000
Imperial Population: 3,400,000
Location/Claims: 2
Capital City: Amsterdam

Government Info
Government Type: Executive Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy (Prussian Constitutionalism)
Brief Explanation of Government: Prussian Constitutionalism. The King isn't Absolute, although he does have a larger amount of power than for example a King in an HM's Government. This power is mainly centered in the military and foreign affairs, although certain matters such as declarations of war are regulated by the Parliament. The Parliament itself is comprised of a scaled amount of individuals that scales with the amount of people in the province they represent (the more people in a province, the more representatives they'll have). Voting for the members of the Parliament is universal, although it is weighted, meaning that individuals in the higher strata have more important votes than those of the lower classes.
Ideology: Classical Liberalism, Constitutionalism, Interventionism, Romantic Nationalism, Imperialism
Leader/s:
-- King Philip IX of Plantagenet, Head of State
-- Prime Minister Albrecht van der Lahn, Head of Government

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: The people of Burgundy have a strong tradition to be successful monetarily, although they are often hardworking. This success is often achieved through either commerce or banking, both of which are usually international enterprises. Thus, Burgundians are well-known across the world and have a good reputation. There are increasing liberal tendencies among the poor strata of Burgundy, meaning that the nation is slowly - but surely - turning into a liberal-aligned constitutional monarchy. Religion plays a large part in the personal lives of the Burgundians.
Religion: Catholic
Ethnicity: White/European
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Dutch, French, Belgian
Other Cultures: Walloon

Military Info
Army: Average, but WIP.
Navy: Powerful, but WIP.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: The economy of Burgundy is largely dependent on international banking and commerce. However, several provinces in the north have already begun to receive the influence of the coming industrialization to the North, in Britain. Burgundy has a wide array of colonies throughout the globe, and to protect them, a strong navy is needed. Burgundy has a strong reputation as one of the most trustworthy banking nations in Europe. Furthermore, goods imported into Burgundy are often traded throughout Europe, yielding the Burgundians a considerable amount of profit.
Goals: To keep alive, but WIP.
History: Long and nice, but WIP.
RP Sample: (required)
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:36 am

Rephesus wrote:Neighbour! :D

I'm also your Emperor! :D
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:37 am

...Neighbour :unsure:

You're going to invade me...

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:37 am

Rephesus wrote:...Neighbour :unsure:

You're going to invade me...

I am most certainly not.
I need all the states to love me for my plans of victory.

Edit: Oh, the Burgundians..
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:38 am

Bavaria can into protect Likkle Oldenburg from Burgunfroggies?

Edit: and that " :unsure: " was for Burgundy.
Last edited by Rephesus on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse