NATION

PASSWORD

Forge of Empires - AH RP [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
Huehuehue So I will finally be the sole holder of the Duchy of Savoy.

The, uh, title yes. The territory, not really.

Also, I'd like to partition a piece off into the Swiss cantons, so the Duchy would be split into three -- the Kingdom of the Lombards, the Free Republic of Savoy, and the Swiss <whatever>.

The Swiss are part of Bavaria....
e

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The, uh, title yes. The territory, not really.

Also, I'd like to partition a piece off into the Swiss cantons, so the Duchy would be split into three -- the Kingdom of the Lombards, the Free Republic of Savoy, and the Swiss <whatever>.

The Swiss are part of Bavaria....

Not all of them, but a majority IIRC.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:The Swiss are part of Bavaria....

Not all of them, but a majority IIRC.

Basicly all of the German Swiss,
e

Delsola
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 am

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:
Okay that makes more sense to me now. But the land on the map seems very incorrect to me. Milan has never specifically captured any areas, and certainly hasn't secured up to the far Northern border with the Anglois for example.
If the King of Milan gave up claim to the title of Duke of Savoy, but demanded provinces x, y and z as de jure part of whatever title as a kind of compensation, I'd be happy to agree to that. The stuff about the PIL is between you and the PIL though.

Milan won't exist much longer; it'll be redeclared as the Kingdom of the Lombards, so renouncing the claim to the title of Duke of Savoy is fine.

Now, the map is the tricky area. What would you suggest, preferably with an image?

Savoy Pink - Core Regions
Purple-Pink - Aosta Valley Region
Brown - Swiss Cantons
Purple-Pink - Franche Comte (Free County)
Dark Pink - Provence

Perhaps claim the Aosta Valley as part of the de jure Kingdom of Milan, or that it should be Milanese due to being in only personal union with Savoy prior to the succession and unincorporated, and as such following a different succession law and passing to Milan?
Last edited by Delsola on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:02 am

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:
Milan won't exist much longer; it'll be redeclared as the Kingdom of the Lombards, so renouncing the claim to the title of Duke of Savoy is fine.

Now, the map is the tricky area. What would you suggest, preferably with an image?

Brown - Swiss Cantons
Dark Pink - Provence

Perhaps claim the Aosta Valley as part of the de jure Kingdom of Milan, or that it should be Milanese due to being in only personal union with Savoy prior to the succession and unincorporated, and as such following a different succession law and passing to Milan?

Can you remake this with entirely different colors xD. Like white out all the other nations and just use like bright colors. I don't know my geography as well as I'd like to for this and they are all pretty similar.

EDIT: Jk i figured it out
Last edited by Bujahla on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:28 am

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:

Brown - Swiss Cantons
Dark Pink - Provence

What. Milan would be loosing land.
e

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 am

0/10 republic should own all of italy

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:46 am

Delsola wrote:
(Image)

Brown - Swiss Cantons
Dark Pink - Provence

What. Milan would be loosing land.

Once again, the map on the front page presumes Milan has already annexed Savoy and only leaves out areas specifically occupied by Aragon, which is not realistically the case.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:56 am

Delsola wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:What. Milan would be loosing land.

Once again, the map on the front page presumes Milan has already annexed Savoy and only leaves out areas specifically occupied by Aragon, which is not realistically the case.

I like that idea, but I dislike the Core Regions. Perhaps we could split it between the Free Republic of Savoy (as the legitimate successor state to the Duchy of Savoy), Franche-Comte, and Milan? Milan would claim the Aosta Valley and the parts of the Core Regions they can reach as the de jure Kingdom of the Lombards, while Franche Comte gets another piece of French-speaking Savoy, and the Free Republic takes the remainder.

I ask only for two reasons: 1) I need enough territory with republic-tendencies to outweigh the staunchly monarchist Milan areas, so I can flip to becoming a Noble Republic, and 2) it makes the map prettier, without so many NPCs.

I imagine the Swiss would become Germania-influenced, while the Franche-Comte state would fall into the Anglois sphere of influence. Would this map seem acceptable to you as a final result?

Last edited by Mishmahig on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 am

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

I like that idea, but I dislike the Core Regions. Perhaps we could split it between the Free Republic of Savoy (as the legitimate successor state to the Duchy of Savoy), Franche-Comte, and Milan? Milan would claim the Aosta Valley and the parts of the Core Regions they can reach as the de jure Kingdom of the Lombards, while Franche Comte gets another piece of French-speaking Savoy, and the Free Republic takes the remainder.

I ask only for two reasons: 1) I need enough territory with republic-tendencies to outweigh the staunchly monarchist Milan areas, so I can flip to becoming a Noble Republic, and 2) it makes the map prettier, without so many NPCs.

I imagine the Swiss would become Germania-influenced, while the Franche-Comte state would fall into the Anglois sphere of influence. Would this map seem acceptable to you as a final result?

Just want to tell you...Savoia and Aosta the provinces you are getting don't have many people....I mean like Parma has a larger population than Savoia
e

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, the divisions I showed are just administrative regions of Savoy. I'm not suggesting it explode into five different states for no reason. And the 'core region' is as such because that is the actual Duchy of Savoy, would annexation of more Swiss territory not be more suitable?

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, the divisions I showed are just administrative regions of Savoy. I'm not suggesting it explode into five different states for no reason. And the 'core region' is as such because that is the actual Duchy of Savoy, would annexation of more Swiss territory not be more suitable?

Mmm, the independence of the Swiss cantons is likely to happen, given that they're the dominant ethnic minority in the region, and Bavaria's involved in policing that.

The independence of Franche-Comte was more to appease the Anglois, giving them a satellite state to watch over. If you want, we could simply make it so Milan seizes three territories as 'de jure' belonging to them, while securing the independence of the Swiss to appease the Bavarians, while everything else goes to the Free Republic as the successor to the Duchy.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

Mmm, the independence of the Swiss cantons is likely to happen, given that they're the dominant ethnic minority in the region, and Bavaria's involved in policing that.

The independence of Franche-Comte was more to appease the Anglois, giving them a satellite state to watch over. If you want, we could simply make it so Milan seizes three territories as 'de jure' belonging to them, while securing the independence of the Swiss to appease the Bavarians, while everything else goes to the Free Republic as the successor to the Duchy.

Since when has anyone expressed interest in the independence of any of these territories? Aragon would be failing the Republic if it allowed it to be so thoroughly divided.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:

Since when has anyone expressed interest in the independence of any of these territories? Aragon would be failing the Republic if it allowed it to be so thoroughly divided.

I mean, there are three options with this suggestion -- 1) Milan gains three territories, with the FSR getting the rest, 2) 3 territories to Milan, independence of the Swiss, or 3) Milan takes three, Franche-Comte and the Swiss gain independence.

The Anglois would like a bevy of weaker states along their border, the better to influence and ultimately sphere, while the Germans want to see their Swiss comrades given independence, and Milan just wishes to see the Free Republic weakened further.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

I mean, there are three options with this suggestion -- 1) Milan gains three territories, with the FSR getting the rest, 2) 3 territories to Milan, independence of the Swiss, or 3) Milan takes three, Franche-Comte and the Swiss gain independence.

The Anglois would like a bevy of weaker states along their border, the better to influence and ultimately sphere, while the Germans want to see their Swiss comrades given independence, and Milan just wishes to see the Free Republic weakened further.

This be true.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Il get a post up soonish

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm

K this is dead. Nice while it lasted. RIP
*Huzzah he lives!*

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Bujahla wrote:K this is dead. Nice while it lasted. RIP

It was, you are right. RIP.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Ah, I wandered off and she died? Pity. I was looking forward to my Mughal-Ottoman War alongside Russia.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Tyben
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyben » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:53 am

It's a shame, I've been waiting for people to post and no one ever does lol.
Economic Left/Right:-9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:0.44

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:21 am

Bujahla wrote:K this is dead. Nice while it lasted. RIP

A pity. If you ever feel like rebooting Buj, let us know. :)
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 am

What year is it? And what should I post about?
What don't you understand? I CAN'T DIE!
As if that gives you an excuse to live.

Smoke the Meth Bobby. Smoke it All

Me lookin' hella swaggy
DragonBall Super Trailer#1

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:30 pm

What is the current in game situation ?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:27 am

Prusslandia wrote:What is the current in game situation ?

Dead.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse