NATION

PASSWORD

Forge of Empires - AH RP [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Arkolon wrote:Russian Mestizos? How do you recommend I balance it; majority white Russian or majority Mestizo? Would Texas even be called Texas if the Russians got here first? Maybe something like Blue Russia, Red Russia (not that one), South Russia, I don't know-- like the White Russia that is Belorussia.

I like Blue Russia the best. BTW I am Russia. So if you like I can be your former colonial master! Buj and I are working it into both our histories. :D

What makes Texas special is that it was spanish, and then one of the few places to be recolonized by immigration.

EDIT: It'd probably be Texac/Tekhas because the Spanish province name was Tejas.
Last edited by Bujahla on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Chihuahua y Tejas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chihuahua y Tejas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Chihuahua y Tejas wrote:Now who to be? Kingdom of Bolivia? Confederation of the Rio de La Plata? or Republic of the Patagonië? Alternatively I could go for the sandwiched Venezuela.

Its ok lol. How are you?

I'm great. I am still in Canada, it's 10 degrees Celsius at the moment, I will be heading to the UK at the end of summer to attend school and to stay with relatives.

Perhaps you could play as someone in Europe? Help me counter those bloody Catholics.

I could, but frankly it's boring and whatnot.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Chihuahua y Tejas wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:I'm great. I am still in Canada, it's 10 degrees Celsius at the moment, I will be heading to the UK at the end of summer to attend school and to stay with relatives.

Perhaps you could play as someone in Europe? Help me counter those bloody Catholics.

I could, but frankly it's boring and whatnot.

Wanna be Bolivia-Peru?
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Arkolon wrote:Russian Mestizos? How do you recommend I balance it; majority white Russian or majority Mestizo? Would Texas even be called Texas if the Russians got here first? Maybe something like Blue Russia, Red Russia (not that one), South Russia, I don't know-- like the White Russia that is Belorussia.

I like Blue Russia the best. BTW I am Russia. So if you like I can be your former colonial master! Buj and I are working it into both our histories. :D

Siniyrossii (синийpоссии)? And yes, I'd be open to that. Like the modern-day Texas, however, Siniyrossii (perhaps we need a more anglicised name for OOC reference) would be very independent-minded, even if we would be an Alaskan almost-puppet.
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:I like Blue Russia the best. BTW I am Russia. So if you like I can be your former colonial master! Buj and I are working it into both our histories. :D

What makes Texas special is that it was spanish, and then one of the few places to be recolonized by immigration.

EDIT: It'd probably be Texac/Tekhas because the Spanish province name was Tejas.

I can live with Tekhas (Texac).
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Arkolon wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:I like Blue Russia the best. BTW I am Russia. So if you like I can be your former colonial master! Buj and I are working it into both our histories. :D

Siniyrossii (синийpоссии)? And yes, I'd be open to that. Like the modern-day Texas, however, Siniyrossii (perhaps we need a more anglicised name for OOC reference) would be very independent-minded, even if we would be an Alaskan almost-puppet.

Yes. We'd be okay with that.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Chihuahua y Tejas
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chihuahua y Tejas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Chihuahua y Tejas wrote:I could, but frankly it's boring and whatnot.

Wanna be Bolivia-Peru?

I do, but Argentina looks fun as well. Say could I change the name of it[Bolivia] I've never really liked it's name. Also Tejas is a Native American word.

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Arkolon wrote:

Here a good anglicization: Sinirussia/Sinirossiya

So far me and Buj have decided on a revolutionary war that Russia couldn't fight because they where too busy dealing with Europe/Asia to give a fuck about North America and just gave them independence. Or something along those lines. :D

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name:
Symbols:
Flag/Banner
Coat of Arms
Homeland Population: 7970000
Imperial Population:(N/A, although Crimea is a colony, the people there are Genovese by birth (and culture, the capital of Caffa was founded by Genoa during the Fourth Crusade))
Location/Claims: 24 (Liguria, Corsica, Athens, Macedonia(?), Caffa)
Capital City: Genova

Government Info
Government Type: Serene Merchant Republic
Brief Explanation of Government: Basically a merchant oligarchy. The Serene Doge is elected by the court of powerful Genovese families, although recently the di Savona family has been elected Doge again and again thanks to their massive wealth. The di Savona, thanks to their long stay in power, has been able to create much more stability in the Genovese government, and the Doge offsets the anger from the families in court through bribes. Anyway, back to the main government. The Doge is elected by the Court of Oligarchs (I guess thats the name then) and they make sure that the Republic can never be ruled by a king. Through thick and thin (even brief occupation by the Aragonese) the Republic has stood.
Ideology:
Leader/s: Serene Doge Remei di Savona and the Court of Oligarchs

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: The Lombards are the people who occupy Northern Italia (except Venezia) and Sardinia-Corsica (which is why Genovese reconquest of Sardinia has long been an election promise), their culture is latin, after their Roman conquerors, but the Genovese people still think of themselves as "Ligurian" more than "Lombardian".
Religion: Catholicism, Sunni (in Caffa)
Ethnicity: Lombard, Grecian, Crimean
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Lombard, Grecian
Other Cultures: Crimean

Military Info
Army: (Making this up) Serene Genovese Grand Army (76566 total soldiers and officers, mostly infantry (sometimes serves as marines, but that's usually the navy's job) and artillery)
Navy: Serene Genovese Grand Navy (numbers WIP)

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy:
Goals: Colonization of Africa and expansion of trade in the Mediterranean
History:
RP Sample: -_- Required?Really? FIIIIINE!
HoE II

Very WIP
yee haw it's time for mass line

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Arkolon wrote:Siniyrossii (синийpоссии)? And yes, I'd be open to that. Like the modern-day Texas, however, Siniyrossii (perhaps we need a more anglicised name for OOC reference) would be very independent-minded, even if we would be an Alaskan almost-puppet.

So far me and Buj have decided on a revolutionary war that Russia couldn't fight because they where too busy dealing with Europe/Asia to give a fuck about North America and just gave them independence. Or something along those lines. :D

Why not both? Tekhas by the Spanish-speaking community, and Sinirussia by the Russian whites? Sinirussia would be the official name, though.

How would Sinirussia have gotten independence, though?
Rosa Luxemburg

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Arkolon wrote:Hmm... any one looking for a satellite state? I'll play as whoever anyone wants as a lapdog of sorts.

BE MY ALBANIAN/GREEK/THRACIAN PUPPET! IT PAYS VERY WELL!
yee haw it's time for mass line

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Arkolon wrote:Siniyrossii (синийpоссии)? And yes, I'd be open to that. Like the modern-day Texas, however, Siniyrossii (perhaps we need a more anglicised name for OOC reference) would be very independent-minded, even if we would be an Alaskan almost-puppet.

Or.. All of Russia's 'undesirable' minorities migrated there. Ukrainians, Cossacks, Tatars, Uzbeks, Poles, Bellorussians, Balts, Karlians, Kolas, Murmanks, Tajiks, Catholics, Chechens, Muslims, Telingrins, Mongols, Zoroastrians, Jews, etc

Kinda like what happened with the US, from all the Scots and Irishmen

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Chihuahua y Tejas wrote:
Bujahla wrote:
Wanna be Bolivia-Peru?

I do, but Argentina looks fun as well. Say could I change the name of it[Bolivia] I've never really liked it's name. Also Tejas is a Native American word.

Ah. That's cool :3 (@tejas-comment)

And yes. Bolivia's name can be changed. But why not just be Hispania? Mexico and Spain in all its glory?

Aden Protectorate wrote:

Russia's like "Fuck that, it's too far." It'd be funny if the alaskans prepared for all out assault but then the Russian reinforcements were really delayed so they thought they won and then they arrived after they thought the war was over and were ready for peace.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Rephesus wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:Here a good anglicization: Sinirussia/Sinirossiya

Or.. All of Russia's 'undesirable' minorities migrated there. Ukrainians, Cossacks, Tatars, Uzbeks, Poles, Bellorussians, Balts, Karlians, Kolas, Murmanks, Tajiks, Catholics, Chechens, Muslims, Telingrins, Mongols, Zoroastrians, Jews, etc

They'd have come to menya :3

And simple. Fight for independence from Mexico-Spain after being illegally heavily populated by Russians.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Or.. All of Russia's 'undesirable' minorities migrated there. Ukrainians, Cossacks, Tatars, Uzbeks, Poles, Bellorussians, Balts, Karlians, Kolas, Murmanks, Tajiks, Catholics, Chechens, Muslims, Telingrins, Mongols, Zoroastrians, Jews, etc

They'd have come to menya :3

And simple. Fight for independence from Mexico-Spain after being illegally heavily populated by Russians.

Sounds reasonable.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Come on guys get your apps up :lol:

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Chihuahua y Tejas wrote:I do, but Argentina looks fun as well. Say could I change the name of it[Bolivia] I've never really liked it's name. Also Tejas is a Native American word.

Ah. That's cool :3 (@tejas-comment)

And yes. Bolivia's name can be changed. But why not just be Hispania? Mexico and Spain in all its glory?

Aden Protectorate wrote:Here a good anglicization: Sinirussia/Sinirossiya

Russia's like "Fuck that, it's too far." It'd be funny if the alaskans prepared for all out assault but then the Russian reinforcements were really delayed so they thought they won and then they arrived after they thought the war was over and were ready for peace.

It would be hysterical. :rofl:

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Would an Islamic Absolute Diarchy by Divine Right be too far fetched?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Rephesus wrote:Come on guys get your apps up :lol:

Hey I can't help the fact that;

a) I had to load up Victoria 2: HoD in order to find a quote.
and
b) It's 5:43 am and I haven't slept.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:44 pm

A book written by French Renaissance author Voltaire entitled "L'Anglois" describes the typical Anglois as such; "The Anglois maintains a stiff upper lip - with which he speaks two tongues - has a strong sense of fair play and is an advocate of liberty. Inventive, graceful and witty, he cuts a striking image amongst the nationalities." The book was a best-seller across the Dual Kingdom, and is widely accepted as the best description of the Anglois.

(Totes not stolen from Vicky 2 :P)

Chihuahua y Tejas
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Chihuahua y Tejas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Eh, don't like being in Europe. To much pressure etc. Anyways get ready world. For the Kingdom of Tiahuanaco! Later to become the greater Charcan Reich :b.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Off to sleep. Everything but history in my app is done. Comments on my flag?

(note, app where my reservation is)
*Huzzah he lives!*

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Bujahla wrote:Off to sleep. Everything but history in my app is done. Comments on my flag?

(note, app where my reservation is)

nighties

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Valentir wrote:Would an Islamic Absolute Diarchy by Divine Right be too far fetched?

AHEM...

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Caltarania wrote:A book written by French Renaissance author Voltaire entitled "L'Anglois" describes the typical Anglois as such; "The Anglois maintains a stiff upper lip - with which he speaks two tongues - has a strong sense of fair play and is an advocate of liberty. Inventive, graceful and witty, he cuts a striking image amongst the nationalities." The book was a best-seller across the Dual Kingdom, and is widely accepted as the best description of the Anglois.

(Totes not stolen from Vicky 2 :P)

The Russian Emperor agrees with this statement absolutely. And would like to see such a quote on the Russias.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse