NATION

PASSWORD

The Power of Steam [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Glovania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Power of Steam [IC]

Postby Glovania » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:06 pm

The Power of Steam

OOC

OP: Glovania
Co-OP: None as of yet

So guys. For those of you who I have met before, hi! To those of you I haven't, pleased to meet you. So, I've been thinking for some time about starting an RP myself. I've been the Co-OP of a few, but never the OP. So I decided to start my own RP. So I looked around, and I saw a distinct lack of steampunk RPs. So, I decided to create one of my own. Now the paragraph below is the backstory and setting for the RP, so please read it if you want to have any idea what this RP is about, or what you will be doing. So please - enjoy!

In the year 861 AU, the Tirestir Empire and the Kingdom of Dorwine were close allies. They shared the continent of Aelburh with each other, and their people were free to move between and work in each other's lands. One fateful day in Dorwine, a man by the name of Gilas Waerhelm was working on a invention. It would use the principles used by shipmakers that they would design boats around, that they may move through the water easier, as well as the Hot Air Balloon for flight. And, most importantly, the power of Steam already used by so many other machines across the land. He would combine all of these, and adapt them to design and single-handedly build the prototype of the Airship. It was a small thing, but it was a massive achievement - powered flight. He flew it to the capital of Dorwine, and landed it in the courtyard of Donstell Keep - the residence of the King of Dorwine in the capital.

A normal man wouldn't have dared attempted this, but Waerhelm was no normal man - no normal man would not have sacrificed 8 years of his life, and a stable marriage with three children, to follow up such a seemingly impossible idea. When he touched down in the courtyard, the Kind was amazed. He ordered Woodye to give the blueprints and explain the principles of the machine to his best men, who then went on to build much more reliable, much faster and much bigger ships than the original, and Woodye was rewarded handsomely for his achievement. When the Emperor of Tirestir heard of this invention, he was fascinated and got himself a demonstration of the machine, yet the Dorwish would not share the secrets of the airship, as they normally would do with any other invention or creation. The Dorwish King saw it as a chance to get one step ahead of Tirestir, and it worked - for some time. After a few more years, Tirestir managed to create their own functioning prototype, but the insult from the Dorwish after they did not share the secrets of the machine did not fade away. Soon, the two nations were locked in an arms race that could only end in one thing. War.

And that is exactly what came of the continent. Some small spark set the whole thing off, but within days of it happening, the two nations were locked in an epic conflict, like tow heavyweight boxers slugging it out, but neither of them conceding much ground. Eventually, the forces of Tirestir culminated into a massive strike, and managed to punch through the Dorwish defences. They kept on pushing them back, giving them Dorwish armies not time to retreat or reorganise. As the Tirestir forces closed in on the heartland of Dorwine, where their capital and most populous cities were located, Dorwine played it's final card in an attempt to save itself. Massive AA batteries cleared the skies of Tirestir airships, and when the ground forces closed in on the cites, they took off. Massive propellers propelled the cities skyward, out of reach of even the biggest Tirestir artillery.

But, the war was taking it's toll on the Empire, and after six long years, it's people were tired of fighting. The Emperor who started the war passed away, and his son came to power, who raised taxes and was a harsh dictator over the people. Thoughts turned to whispers, whisperes turned to riots, and riots turned into a revolution. The rebels in the outer territories broke away, forming two new nations, and the overseas territories of the Empire broke away too. All that was left was the original lands held by the King who united the Empire under a single banner. Even those lands fell to the rebels, as mass desertion across city garrisons and the army occurred, giving the rebel cause trained fighters and quality equipment. They marched on the capital, executed the Emperor, and ended his tyrannical rule. The Empire of Tirestir was no more, only four young new nations forged in the fires of revolution. But, the three of these nations on the mainland each claimed to be the rightful heir to the Imperial throne, and many wars were fought between them over the next twenty years. But, Dorwine was not passed by by the disorder and unhappiness. The flying cities eventually called for their independence, and, fearing the same would happen to Dorwine as what happened to Tirestir, the King agreed.

So now, here we are. In the year 893 AU, this RP takes place. You find yourself on board a ship bound for Ellonde - capital of the Cloud Republic. You have come to the city, because the President has called for brave adventurers to undertake an expedition. An expedition into the remnants of the Tirestir Empire. He - arguably the most powerful man in all of Aelbruh want's these lands unified or stabilised - once and for all. Your mission is to subjugate each of the major cities in these lands, and once that it accomplished, he has organised his Republic's armies and the armies of Dorwine to move into these lands and eliminate any resistance form local warlords, princes or rebels. You each have your own airship - how you came to own such a machine is of your concern, and to be detailed in the app.

10 minutes away from Ellonde

Charlie was standing at the bow of her airship, the harpoon gun just behind her as she leaned over the front. The wind was rushing along the length of her ship, and causing her hair to flow out behind her, the very tips flicking lightly against the harpoon point behind her. She closed her eyes, and smiled, feeling the wind in her hair. When she opened her eyes again, the clouds that her ship had been rising through were gone. She came over the peak of one of the clouds, and the floating city came into view. It was a magnificent sight to behold. She could just about see the workers along the sky docks moving around, loading and unloading the airships already docked. Further inwards the city's buildings gradually increased in height, mirroring the city's underside. She could see all around the city edge were massive rotor blades, slowly spinning, as well as plenty on the underside too.

She ran back down the deck, and up the short flight of steps to the helm. She grabbed the wheel, and steered the ship towards one of the empty piers, extending out into the empty sky. She kept on rising until she was level with the pier, and then continued forward, steering her ship into the gap between two of the piers. She disengaged the engines, and ran to the front of the ship, and threw down the board between her ship and the pier. She also threw out the rope line onto the pier, which was promptly tied up by one of the few dock workers who came forward to help her dock up. She did the same one the other side, holding the ship in place between the two piers. She then walked over the board between her ship and the pier, and onto the actual city itself. She opened the pouch on her belt, and gave the worker two crowns.
"Give one to your friend over there." She said, gesturing to the man who tied up the other rope of her ship. She walked down the pier, and along the open space where crates and other goods were stacked. She climbed the flight of stairs up to the main street level, and looked around her. She was told to arrive at the Senate tomorrow morning, at 10:00 am sharp, like all the others adventurers coming.
Last edited by Glovania on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by Bernard Montgomery, 24 March 1976, eight times in total.

West Aurelia wrote:Three times more Americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola. I'm not worried.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 am

20 Minutes from Ellonde

Aron Winters stood with one hand on the helm of his magnificent airship, dubbed The Valiant. He was looking forward to a new adventure, which was why he and his crew were traveling to Ellonde. Turning around, he surveyed his ship. The Valiant was a small and fast airship, and he and his five crew members had grown accustomed to it, being able to expertly maneuver the ship and fix it if anything went wrong. Then, out of a cloud, he saw the brilliant sight, the floating city of Ellonde. It seemed almost beyond belief to him and his crew, and behind him he heard a few gasps of wonderment. Turning to his beloved crew, he said with a grin," It looks like we're finally here!" All of the crew cheered, as he expertly but gently spinning the wheel into one of the piers, next to the other recently arrived airships. Two of his crew members, Henry and Victoria leapt off the Valiant and tied down the ropes, securing the ship. Then Aron gave instructions to his crew, "William and I will go into the city to meet the President and see what he has to offer. Henry, I need you to make sure the ship is in tip-top condition, and also, but two long rope ladders and install them on the ship. Victoria, make sure we have all the ammunition and weaponry we need. Ellen, sell the rest of our trade goods and buy any provisions he need. Jack, guard the ship and make sure that the balloon has no holes in it. Try not to get in any fights, everybody, but keep your swords close. With a final salute to his crew, Aron agilely leapt off the Valiant, followed by Will. The two men climbed up to the main street and approached a woman who was looking around. "Excuse me," said Aron, "Are you one of the adventurers as well. My name is Aron, and this is William."
Last edited by The Starlight on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Kraciva
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraciva » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:19 am

Airship Pier, Ellonde, The Cloud Republic

As the airship descended towards the pier, a man dressed in the Dorwish manner looked out from the bow, taking in the floating city of Ellonde. Lucien Tiraman was a young, handsome, tanned man who, despite the clothes he wore, was pure Tirestir. Or at least, he was. His family had fled to the Dorwish Kingdom before he was born, and his Tirestir accent and his physical appearance gave him away as a Tirestir. But he was not an agent of any of the pretender states of the fallen Empire: today, as with all days, he was his own man, though soon he would be meeting with the President - and apparently, the Senate - of the Cloud Republic to seek commission. For what, he did not know, but his crew needed money and supplies, and Ellonde was the best place to go anyway for airships. "Captain! We're about to make port!" Lucien turned to see his First Mate, Alessa Kina standing close behind him, seemingly out of nowhere. "Alright, Alessa, give the order to begin landing procedures, make sure the weapons are hidden." "Aye aye, sir! Alright you louts, you heard Captain Tiraman, docking procedures!" The three other crew members, ranging in backgrounds and talents, went to work, and in three minutes, Memory had been docked and secured.

Lucien gathered his crew around him in his quarters. "Alright, lads, milady, I want you to stay on the ship. Not you, Thick. You'll be coming with me. I've never been to Ellonde before so I'm gonna need to keep you close, understand?" A short grunt in the affirmative from his brutish Dorwish companion. "We should be leaving either tomorrow or the day after, so keep an ear out. I'll see you all soon."

As Lucien and Thick got off the Memory, he saw what appeared to be two other captains of airships nearby. While he was comfortable enough around his crew, he was not one for seizing the initiative when it came to talking to strangers - unless it was crucial - and so he just walked off to the side of them and thought how to make his approach.
Last edited by Kraciva on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Razzgriz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Transport Airship
minutes away from Ellonde's pier

John was leaning on the railings of the ship reading a book about Ellonde he picked up before boarding when the ship began its final ascend to Ellonde's pier. As the airship rose through the clouds it began to sway causing him to drop his book, he struggled to catch it but seemed to have a bad case of butterfingers and it went over the edge "dang" he said as it dispersed into the clouds below. After mourning the loss of the book for a while longer he turned his head just in time to see the airship rise through the clouds and catch a beautiful glimpse of the floating city as other airships approached it. Then the captain announced that they would be docking at the pier any minute now and urged all passengers to collect their belongings. John then began to take his wallet out, pull out the ticket he needed to get off, put it in his mouth and grabbed his bags. As the ship docked he became amazed at the sight of ships pulling into and out of the pier, then the announcement to disembark came over the intercom. John took a few more seconds to take in the sight then proceeded to exit the ship, giving the Dock official his ticket. John closed his eyes took a deep breath as he took his first steps onto the pier before slowly opening his eyes again and realizing he didn't know where to go until the captain bumped into him and invited him to get a drink with him at one of the local hotels.John nodded his head and followed the captain, he couldn't believe this was how he would start his new life.
Last edited by Razzgriz on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:18 pm

As Logain awoke a single thought came to mind "this is gonna be hell" and just like that, the throbbing set in. Logain flopped from his bed as the ache in his head began to grind his brains into bits. With a loud groan Logain rubbed his temples while trying his best to stand. I certainly had too much to drink last night, he thought to himself. Logain ambled over to his heap of clothes and began throwing them back on his body. After strapping his rapier to his belt Logain went out the door. A shooting pain hit him like lightning as the bright summer sun hit him full in the face. Logain moaned loudly which drew several odd looks from those nearby. And with that he was off again, Logain rubbed his head as he meandered through the city streets, it was undoubtedly an odd sight, but Logain cared little.

After bumping into several random citizens Logain found himself back at the Grand Royale Hotel lounge. A fine hotel that Logain could never dream of affording, however the bar was well within his reach. After grabbing himself a local brew Logain stepped into the lounge to see what people he could find. The Hotel was supposed to have sponsored the captains and adventurers who would accept the president's proposal of venturing into the broken kingdoms of the west. Anyone who accepted was mad by all accounts, but then again Logain was here to sign on with a captain venturing on that very trip. Logain propped himself up against a pillar to see who would wander into the lobby.

New Educandi
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Educandi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Franko Zint stood on the pier, dumbfounded by the city he looked at. He often thought how airships where dwarfed by clouds- and this floating icy did the same. He had read toy docked his ship- the Heisenberg , of which he was immesly proud- and was to head to the Senate for work. That however, was not until tomorrow. So placing his hat on on his head, he forge ahead.

As he walked, a cloud passed low on the street. As he literally, walked on clouds, he thought of his ship. Unlike most airships, his was a “Zeppelin” style airship- meaning the deck and inner workings of the ship where also in the balloon. This could be dangerous- if he where to fall, or the helium where to explode, he and his crew where done for.

Upon finding a very fanciful hotel, one very big and prodigious, he decided to try the bar or any other local watering hole to be found there. Once inside, he order a small glass of whiskey, he sat down. Finding a man on the other side of he bar, he have a curt nod, and finished his drink.
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL MUCKING ABOUT ON THE FORUM
Carbon based lifeforms wrote:So your idea is to reduce taxes?

That's a great idea! Why has no one else ever thought of that? You must be an exceptional genius.
Mefpan wrote:Comparing "My I.Q. is one of the highest" Donald "I'm starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country" Trump to a fart in order to ruin his reputation is like attempting to raise the temperature of a volcano by throwing a lit match into it.

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:09 am

The Starlight wrote:20 Minutes from Ellonde

Aron Winters stood with one hand on the helm of his magnificent airship, dubbed The Valiant. He was looking forward to a new adventure, which was why he and his crew were traveling to Ellonde. Turning around, he surveyed his ship. The Valiant was a small and fast airship, and he and his five crew members had grown accustomed to it, being able to expertly maneuver the ship and fix it if anything went wrong. Then, out of a cloud, he saw the brilliant sight, the floating city of Ellonde. It seemed almost beyond belief to him and his crew, and behind him he heard a few gasps of wonderment. Turning to his beloved crew, he said with a grin," It looks like we're finally here!" All of the crew cheered, as he expertly but gently spinning the wheel into one of the piers, next to the other recently arrived airships. Two of his crew members, Henry and Victoria leapt off the Valiant and tied down the ropes, securing the ship. Then Aron gave instructions to his crew, "William and I will go into the city to meet the President and see what he has to offer. Henry, I need you to make sure the ship is in tip-top condition, and also, but two long rope ladders and install them on the ship. Victoria, make sure we have all the ammunition and weaponry we need. Ellen, sell the rest of our trade goods and buy any provisions he need. Jack, guard the ship and make sure that the balloon has no holes in it. Try not to get in any fights, everybody, but keep your swords close. With a final salute to his crew, Aron agilely leapt off the Valiant, followed by Will. The two men climbed up to the main street and approached a woman who was looking around. "Excuse me," said Aron, "Are you one of the adventurers as well. My name is Aron, and this is William."

Charlie turned suddenly, her thoughts interrupted by this newcomer. She briefly glanced at the man's messy hair, and the sword and pistol on his belt. A belt that had many pouches and such filled with tools, as well as a hammer hanging loosely. She also did not fail to notice a dagger protruding handle-upwards from his boot. She would've said that the man was well equipped, but then again, she had her own sword on her belt, as well as a repeater rifle back on-board The Buttercup. His appearance did seem to fit in with this area of the city they were in. This district - the dockside - was probably the poorest of the city, but not slums poor. This was where the majority of the mechanics and engineers who kept the city afloat lived. While they may be looked down on socially and economically, they were certainly some of the most of the useful people in the city - without them, the whole place would fall from the sky. Charlie felt her appearance was more suited to the middle-class district, her dress and corset certainly fit in. However - her hair was very unusual, it was bright red. It certainly made her stand out from the common folk.
"Why yes - yes I am. Nice to meet you Aron - and William." She nodded at the man's partner. "My name is Charlotte. Charlotte Waerhelm. Yes - that Waerhelm. The man himself is my father. But you can call me Charlie." She extended her hand out to Aron, offering a shake.
Last edited by Glovania on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

West Aurelia wrote:Three times more Americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola. I'm not worried.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:25 am

Glovania wrote:
The Starlight wrote:20 Minutes from Ellonde

Charlie turned suddenly, her thoughts interrupted by this newcomer. She briefly glanced at the man's messy hair, and the sword and pistol on his belt. A belt that had many pouches and such filled with tools, as well as a hammer hanging loosely. She also did not fail to notice a dagger protruding handle-upwards from his boot. She would've said that the man was well equipped, but then again, she had her own sword on her belt, as well as a repeater rifle back on-board The Buttercup. His appearance did seem to fit in with this area of the city they were in. This district - the dockside - was probably the poorest of the city, but not slums poor. This was where the majority of the mechanics and engineers who kept the city afloat lived. While they may be looked down on socially and economically, they were certainly some of the most of the useful people in the city - without them, the whole place would fall from the sky. Charlie felt her appearance was more suited to the middle-class district, her dress and corset certainly fit in. However - her hair was very unusual, it was bright red. It certainly made her stand out from the common folk.
"Why yes - yes I am. Nice to meet you Aron - and William." She nodded at the man's partner. "My name is Charlotte. Charlotte Waerhelm. Yes - that Waerhelm. The man himself is my father. But you can call me Charlie." She extended her hand out to Aron, offering a shake.

"Nice to meet you Charlie." said Aron, shaking Charlie's hand. "After all these years, I am still amazed at the ingenuity that your father possessed in making the first airship. Well, the President wants to meet us tommorrow so I guess I'll walk around for awhile and maybe stay in a hotel. What do you plan on doing?"
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:45 am

The Starlight wrote:
Glovania wrote:Charlie turned suddenly, her thoughts interrupted by this newcomer. She briefly glanced at the man's messy hair, and the sword and pistol on his belt. A belt that had many pouches and such filled with tools, as well as a hammer hanging loosely. She also did not fail to notice a dagger protruding handle-upwards from his boot. She would've said that the man was well equipped, but then again, she had her own sword on her belt, as well as a repeater rifle back on-board The Buttercup. His appearance did seem to fit in with this area of the city they were in. This district - the dockside - was probably the poorest of the city, but not slums poor. This was where the majority of the mechanics and engineers who kept the city afloat lived. While they may be looked down on socially and economically, they were certainly some of the most of the useful people in the city - without them, the whole place would fall from the sky. Charlie felt her appearance was more suited to the middle-class district, her dress and corset certainly fit in. However - her hair was very unusual, it was bright red. It certainly made her stand out from the common folk.

"Nice to meet you Charlie." said Aron, shaking Charlie's hand. "After all these years, I am still amazed at the ingenuity that your father possessed in making the first airship. Well, the President wants to meet us tommorrow so I guess I'll walk around for awhile and maybe stay in a hotel. What do you plan on doing?"

"I was probably going to see if I can find some crew members, and maybe outfit my airship with some more weapons - the skies over Tirestir are notorious for their pirates. I see you already have some crew." She replied, nodding in William's direction.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 am

Captain Javik Adro
10 minutes from Ellonde

Javik looked out from the bow on his airship well technically it wasn't his airship and he wasn't in the navy. He was in the army and a captain at that generally leading his platoon into battle. Now only two of his platoon were here while the rest were still fighting somewhere, but they were transporting a important person, an ambassador. Once they docked he would go about his assignment and wait for the next Free Republic airship to arrive. The Blitz Phoenix had been striped of her military weaponry and was replaced by two harpoon guns. The airship rose above the clouds and came into full view of the pier. It was busy with dock workers and ships coming and going, Javik had expected this. The ambassador came up from his hiding hole below deck and walked over to Javik. "Well Captain Adro, it seems the president was right about you after all that small smuggler ship that tried to loot us didn't stand a chance in that storm. But Captain, I cant help but notice we are behind schedule and we are losing time that we cannot get back," barked the ambassador as stood straight up and gestured a few things that men of his position wouldn't do.

Javik exhaled slowly as they reached the dock and the plank came out and one of the soldiers threw a rope to the dock worker. "Ambassador, be glad that you are safely in the Cloud Republic. We are only a few minutes late and I am sure it wont affect your schedule of talking with officials. Ellonde is a beautiful place and I suggest you take in the beauty of it from what I have seen so far it looks like a government official's paradise the further you look in the city. Now with respect sir, get off my ship," order Javik as he saluted and walked away before the ambassador could say another word. "Sergeant guard the ship, Private Checksof follow me, keep in uniform wither it be armor or regular uniform I don't care but all of it is to be on," Barked Javik as the two soldiers saluted and he put on his helmet to his armor and the private followed suit as they walked down the plank with their swords and pistols. The two walked up a set of stairs and saw two people who looked like adventurers. "Hail, you three look like adventurers have you come by request of the President tomorrow at the senate?" Asked Javik.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Razzgriz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Razzgriz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:31 am

Grand Royale Hotel

As John followed the captain to the hotel of his choice he couldn't help but take in the scenery the floating city had to offer. He made sure to look at every aspect of the city he could before coming back to his senses and stopped himself before running into the captain. When he looked passed the man he caught a glimpse of what was for the time being the most fancy hotel he saw in his entire life. "Here we are, the Grand Royal Hotel where they serve the best drinks as long as you have the crowns for it, but don't worry this time drinks are on me" said the captain. When they entered they immediately made their way to the bar and the captain ordered two cloud specials, which the bartender prepared and slid to them. "Even the drinks here are fancy" John said jokingly causing the captain to chuckle for a bit. The captain grabbed his drink and asked "So what brings a Military Academy graduate to Ellonde?" he took a sip of his drink and continued " I mean usually graduates of Waerhelm Naval Academy Join the military right after graduation." john looked at the academy pendent on his jacket ad proceeded to say " My answer is simple, I was given a ticket for an airship bound for here shortly after graduating and rushed here by my dad to find a job" he then took a sip of his drink and smiled. As John and the captain talked time seemed to have flew by and it wasn't long before the captain looked at the time an realized he had to leave. " alright John lets do this again sometime and next time drinks will be on you. now i thinks it's time for me to leave and get some rest before my return trip tomorrow." the captain said shaking John's hand before finally leaving. John then finished his drink, grabbed his things and made his way to the front desk to buy a room.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
____ The Empire of the Iszkárien Isles____
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Learn more about it here

Interested in, or want to participate in the Beyond the Isles Project Click here

Vulkanas
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkanas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:27 am

"Oi, Captain, get over 'ere!"
This put bad thoughts in Lysander's head immediately. What could it be this time? Lysandium instability in the balloon? The ship off course again? Or worse - a hat fell off the stand!
"What happens to be the problem, Thornton?" He asked as he hurried over, while adjusting his bow-tie.
"Captain, would you look at that!"
What Lysander saw, as he looked out over the railing of the open bow, was a truly extraordinary sight. He saw, in the distance, among the clouds, a city. But it was suspended in the air! "What an immense feat of engineering that must be" he thought to himself. He had to stay there and look at the floating city for longer. He needed to take it all in. It looked truly magical, a city emerging on the horizon through the clouds. After he thought he had seen it enough, he looked down, and read it again.
"STARBURNER"
All those years of toil and effort had finally given their reward. And this was it. This journey, and whatever was to come of it.
"Captain, we're a little low by my judgement."
"Then don't just sit there! Ascend, Thornton!"
"Right away."

Only making a rough estimate, Lysander calculated that, with their current speed and taking into account complications in docking up, they should have arrived on the floating city within 20 minutes of the current time. For now, it was back to his drawings.
( ^◡^)っ✂❤

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Glovania wrote:
The Starlight wrote:

"I was probably going to see if I can find some crew members, and maybe outfit my airship with some more weapons - the skies over Tirestir are notorious for their pirates. I see you already have some crew." She replied, nodding in William's direction.

"Indeed, you best have some cannons and ammunition. My airship already has the cannons, but I'm making a few additions as well. Yes, William is my first mate, my right hand man." said Aron, laying a hand on William's shoulder. Turning, Aron responded to the man who had just walked up to them. "Yes we are. My name is Captain Aron Winters of the Valiant and this is my first mate, William. This here is Charlie Waerhelm, captain of her own airship.
Call me Star

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:45 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Glovania wrote:"I was probably going to see if I can find some crew members, and maybe outfit my airship with some more weapons - the skies over Tirestir are notorious for their pirates. I see you already have some crew." She replied, nodding in William's direction.

"Indeed, you best have some cannons and ammunition. My airship already has the cannons, but I'm making a few additions as well. Yes, William is my first mate, my right hand man." said Aron, laying a hand on William's shoulder. Turning, Aron responded to the man who had just walked up to them. "Yes we are. My name is Captain Aron Winters of the Valiant and this is my first mate, William. This here is Charlie Waerhelm, captain of her own airship.

"Yes, pleased to meet you." Charlie slightly bowed her head and lifted her skirt in greeting to the man. "As Aron here just mentioned, I am Charlotte, but please call me Charlie. My airship is The Buttercup. I take it you are one of the adventurers come here on request of the High Chancellor?" Charlie asked him, curious as to why else he might have approached them. Well, he might have been curious about her very odd hair colour. Bright Red was not a normal colour, and Charlie had learned that the hard way from other children as she grew up.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:48 pm

"Pleased to meet you all, I am Captain Javik Adro of the Free Republic Army. My airship is the Blitz Pheonix though she was stripped of her cannons, we are arming her here with some weapons before we ship out tomorrow. This is Private Golem and Sergeant Rinsk is on the ship at the moment, both of these men are from my platoon. But yes our president heard about this and sent me and two people from my platoon to embark on this quest," informed Javik as he gave a quick salute and removed his helmet and the private did the same.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:11 am

New Roman Empire wrote:"Pleased to meet you all, I am Captain Javik Adro of the Free Republic Army. My airship is the Blitz Pheonix though she was stripped of her cannons, we are arming her here with some weapons before we ship out tomorrow. This is Private Golem and Sergeant Rinsk is on the ship at the moment, both of these men are from my platoon. But yes our president heard about this and sent me and two people from my platoon to embark on this quest," informed Javik as he gave a quick salute and removed his helmet and the private did the same.

"Nice to meet you Captain Adro, you too." She said, nodding at the Captain, and his two companions. "A military man? Interesting. Now, if you would excuse me, I have some business to attend to. I fear the skies over Tirestir are filled with pirates, and my ship is dangerously undermanned and undergunned. Good day, to all of you." She smiled, before walking back down the stairs to the docks. She approached one of the dock hands, and begun to speak. "Excuse me, is there a place where I can get some weapons for my ship?" The man turned to face her - at least Charlie thought it was a man. The boy could have only been 17, tops.
"Just down the other end of the docks, missy." He said, pointing over her shoulder.
"Thank you." Charlie replied, smiling at him. She walked away from him, towards the other end of the docks. She saw a man that looked like something of a mechanic, and approached him. "Are you the man who can sell me some guns and such for my ship?" She asked politely.
"I am indeed. Now, what do you need?" He said, folding his arms.
"What do you sell?" Charlie asked.
"Most things, really. I've got cannons, harpoons, carronades etcetera."
"Well, I could do with 2 or 3 cannons fitted to each side, then maybe some rotating guns on the top deck?" She said, curious if he sold them.
"I can do that. So that'll be 10 Crowns for each cannon, then 40 for the rotating pair. Thats..." The man paused to work out the total. "80 Crowns."
"Alright." She had been given 500 Crowns by her father when she left, although that was hardly anything for him, as inventing the airship had made him one of the richest men in Dorwine. Charlie had around 100 Crowns on her person, and the rest were locked in her personal chest onboard her ship. She handed over the money, then wondered when it would be finished. "How long would fitting all those take?" She asked the man.
"Not too long. They should be done by midday tomorrow."
"Good. I'm meeting the Chancellor tomorrow, and I suspect he will want us to leave as soon as possible."
"So you're one of the adventurers he's been looking for?"
"That I am." Charlie said with some pride. "Anyway, my airship is The Buttercup, just over there. She's got plain white sails, and is currently docked between two much larger ships than she. You should have no trouble finding her."
"Thank you ma'am." The engineer said, smiling. "Have a nice day, and good luck tomorrow with the Chancellor."
"Thank you. Enjoy your own day." She said, smiling. She walked off, and found herself a room at an expensive hotel.

But, before she finished up for the day she needed some crew. She walked down into the bar/restaurant of the hotel, and saw a man leaning against a pillar, who looked out of place. Perhaps he could be recruited to her crew. She approached him, and began to speak. "You look like you could use a way out of this place." She said to him, pointing out his rather bedraggled appearance.
Last edited by Glovania on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:32 am

Glovania wrote:
New Roman Empire wrote:"Pleased to meet you all, I am Captain Javik Adro of the Free Republic Army. My airship is the Blitz Pheonix though she was stripped of her cannons, we are arming her here with some weapons before we ship out tomorrow. This is Private Golem and Sergeant Rinsk is on the ship at the moment, both of these men are from my platoon. But yes our president heard about this and sent me and two people from my platoon to embark on this quest," informed Javik as he gave a quick salute and removed his helmet and the private did the same.

"Nice to meet you Captain Adro, you too." She said, nodding at the Captain, and his two companions. "A military man? Interesting. Now, if you would excuse me, I have some business to attend to. I fear the skies over Tirestir are filled with pirates, and my ship is dangerously undermanned and undergunned. Good day, to all of you." She smiled, before walking back down the stairs to the docks. She approached one of the dock hands, and begun to speak. "Excuse me, is there a place where I can get some weapons for my ship?" The man turned to face her - at least Charlie thought it was a man. The boy could have only been 17, tops.
"Just down the other end of the docks, missy." He said, pointing over her shoulder.
"Thank you." Charlie replied, smiling at him. She walked away from him, towards the other end of the docks. She saw a man that looked like something of a mechanic, and approached him. "Are you the man who can sell me some guns and such for my ship?" She asked politely.
"I am indeed. Now, what do you need?" He said, folding his arms.
"What do you sell?" Charlie asked.
"Most things, really. I've got cannons, harpoons, carronades etcetera."
"Well, I could do with 2 or 3 cannons fitted to each side, then maybe some rotating guns on the top deck?" She said, curious if he sold them.
"I can do that. So that'll be 30 Crowns for each cannon, then 40 for the rotating pair. Thats..." The man paused to work out the sum. "260 Crowns."

WIP

"Good day to you to Charlie, and you, Captain Adro. I must also be going. I have a few things to buy myself. See you tommorrow." With a nod, Aron and William walked off. "I want to check the hull of the ship, so we will need a harness and some ropes." After buying the harness for 7 Crowns and the ropes for 3, Aron made sure that the hull of his airship had not been cracked. From there, he checked the engine room, fixing minor problems and oiling some of the gears before he went to his hammock and fell asleep beside the rest of the crew.
Call me Star

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:59 am

Inspector Jasper Charles Conrad

Ellonde , Capital of the Cloud Republic

As my trusty airship was reeled in by the friendly Cloudites, My mind was blown away by the astonished skyline of the city. Realizing that I had only a limited time here. I rushed of the airship and gave the man who reeled my airship a tip and ordered him to watch it with his eyes at all times and I'll pay him many more of my riches. My first step into a new adventure. Meeting new people and exploring vast lands. As I walked farther into the city, I saw three people. Moist likely adventurers!

How will I address them I thought to myself

I don't want to be seen as an outsider but I don't want to be seen as a carnivorous witch

Jasper, don't worry , you're too nice for anyone to hate you and you are to smart for anyone to use you.

I walked over to them and said

" Hello, are you guys fellow adventurers who came along to meet the president?"
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Jerick was deep in thought and halfway through his drink when a pretty young lady walked up to him. He gave a nod acknowledging her before she asked her question. Jerick touched one of his hands to the pommel of his rapier, the woman was armed and Jerick was cautious. With his other hand still on his drink he leaned forward and asked the woman with a small grin "and what does this pretty young woman have in mind?" Logain took another sip from his liquor and walked past the woman, beckoning with his drink for her to follow. He walked over to the bar and ordered the girl a drink. Logain leaned up against the bar and studied the girl. Logain concluded she had been aboard an airship for sometime, she walked as someone who had been on an airship would have walked. Logain however refused to believe she owned her own, in his mind she was simply too young. Waiting for an answer Jerick handed her, her drink.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:39 pm

The Polarian Empire wrote:

As my trusty airship was reeled in by the friendly Cloudites, My mind was blown away by the astonished skyline of the city. Realizing that I had only a limited time here. I rushed of the airship and gave the man who reeled my airship a tip and ordered him to watch it with his eyes at all times and I'll pay him many more of my riches. My first step into a new adventure. Meeting new people and exploring vast lands. As I walked farther into the city, I saw three people. Moist likely adventurers!

I don't want to be seen as an outsider but I don't want to be seen as a carnivorous witch

Jasper, don't worry , you're too nice for anyone to hate you and you are to smart for anyone to use you.

"Nice to meet you, yes I am also an adventurer. I am Aron Winters, Captain of the Valiant. The meeting is tommorrow, so I and my crew are buying supplies and the like. And this here is my right hand man and first mate, William Thatcher. Who are you?"
Call me Star

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:45 pm

The Starlight wrote:

"Nice to meet you, yes I am also an adventurer. I am Aron Winters, Captain of the Valiant. The meeting is tommorrow, so I and my crew are buying supplies and the like. And this here is my right hand man and first mate, William Thatcher. Who are you?"

Jasper looked at the two and said " Hello I am Inspector Jasper Charles Conrad from Dorwine nice to meet both of you, Need any help?", Just trying to be nice, Jasper gave the two a smile.
Last edited by The Polarian Empire on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:53 pm

The Starlight wrote:

Jasper looked at the two and said " Hello I am Inspector Jasper Charles Conrad from Dorwine nice to meet both of you, Need any help?", Just trying to be nice, Jasper gave the two a smile.

"No, I'm afraid not, but do you own an airship yourself? Because if you do, it's best to get yourself some crew and cannons, and weapons and the like if you don't have any. The skies of Tirestir are extremely dangerous. I know because I and my crew did some merchant work over there. It was a good thing we had several cannons and guns, or I wouldn't be talking to you now. There are pirates, mercenaries, paranoid merchants who have hired entire fleets to guard them and will fire if you are within sight. It's a dangerous world. But you probably know all this. Do you need any help or advice with anything?" said Aron.
Call me Star

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:05 pm

The Starlight wrote:

"No, I'm afraid not, but do you own an airship yourself? Because if you do, it's best to get yourself some crew and cannons, and weapons and the like if you don't have any. The skies of Tirestir are extremely dangerous. I know because I and my crew did some merchant work over there. It was a good thing we had several cannons and guns, or I wouldn't be talking to you now. There are pirates, mercenaries, paranoid merchants who have hired entire fleets to guard them and will fire if you are within sight. It's a dangerous world. But you probably know all this. Do you need any help or advice with anything?" said Aron.

"Thats very interesting" I commented. "And yes a matter of fact I do have an airship of my own. As I listened to Aron's story, it reminded me of how my cases back at Dorwine. "I have one question, Where would I be able to find crew members since I already have cannons and harpoon guns on my ship?"
BREAKING NEWS:

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:17 pm

The Starlight wrote:

"Thats very interesting" I commented. "And yes a matter of fact I do have an airship of my own. As I listened to Aron's story, it reminded me of how my cases back at Dorwine. "I have one question, Where would I be able to find crew members since I already have cannons and harpoon guns on my ship?"

"I would recommend going to the lobbies of hotels and looking in bars and casinos. You will probably find a lot of people willing to join you on your adventure. Is there anything else that you need?" said Aron.
Call me Star

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:23 pm

The Starlight wrote:

"I would recommend going to the lobbies of hotels and looking in bars and casinos. You will probably find a lot of people willing to join you on your adventure. Is there anything else that you need?" said Aron.

After hearing Aron out, Jaspers replies saying " Thank you very much, Nice to meet you all , good luck and Until we meet again" with his teeth shining like star. He heads over to the Grand Royale Hotel hoping to find new friends and possible crewmates.
BREAKING NEWS:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse