NATION

PASSWORD

430th ODST: Hell's Angels (OOC Sign-Ups OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eridanus 3
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:58 pm

All is quiet on every front...

Last edited by John Shepard Tuesday, December 7, 2185, edited 2 times

This message brought to you by Eri.

Steel Talons
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Talons » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:32 am

Monfrox wrote:
Steel Talons wrote:
Name:Sherman, Jack Q.

Date of Birth: 06/16/2507 | Sex:M | Blood Type: AB+

Place of Birth: Corbin Regional , URNA, Earth | Ethnic Identity: Caucasian , Earth

Height: 182.88cm | Weight: 103kg | Hair Color: Brown | Eye Color: Blue

UNSC PIN: JS-41426-38957

By the powers vested in me, I accept your app.

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper Application
Name: Sherman, Jack Q. | Age: 41- | UNSC PIN: JS-41426-38957

Years of Service: 23 | Eyesight: 20-20 | Specialization: Combat Engineer

Combat Experience:
Harvest Campaign:Participated for nearly five years as part of the 22nd Infantry Division until it was pulled out to help defend Arcadia;,Battle of Arcadia: Was sent with platoon to assist in establishing defensive fortifications and evacuate civilians,Battle of the Rubble; Was wounded and unable to take part in attacking the Redoubt, the rest of his squad where killed in said attack. He transferred into a new division afterwards, Battle of New Constantinople: Dropped with 18thContingent; Squad destroyed a covenant AAA placement to allow reinforcements to land and secure capital, was later deployed to destroy a bridge to halt the covenants advance into the capital, Battle of Miridem: Participated in an offensive to neutralize a Covenant LZ ; All of the squad but him was rendered KIA when their pelican was shot down while retreating,Battle of Sargasso: Boarded a disabled UNSC frigate to destroy its navigational data since its crew was killed by decompression before they could, Battle of Skopje: Dropped in with the 18th Contingent to assist in evacuating civilians and securing the hangers; entire contingent and squad save for him was wiped out before they could complete their first objective. Jack was found by CS&R and evacuated

-A number of Counter Insurgency Ops and other engagements with the covenant-

| Identifying Marks: Scar on Right side of face that runs down from top of eyebrow to cheek, scars on right shoulder and bicep, lateral plasma scaring on left thigh , Scar on right side of chest that aligns with face scar. Scars on both wrist, Scars from shrapnel all the way up right leg,scars in left thigh from bullet wound

Weapon's Certifications: M7 Caseless SMG, M45E CAWS,M319 IGL. M41 LAAG, Most GPMG's

Vehicle Operation Certifications: M12 Warthog, M914 Warthog Variant

Psych Evaluation: With almost twenty-four years of service against both Covenant and Insurrectionist forces under his belt along with training fellow marines , Jack is a mixed bag. His upbringing and life-experiences have resulted in a man that is -other than having the craziness required to join the O.D.S.T''s - is serious,calm,cool,laid-back, dedicated to mission and comrades and carries a sense of humor that only serves to benefit his abilities. This unique mind set has made him liked, and respected among his peers,CO's, and subordinates alike.

Despite being a seemingly flawless soldier Jack dose have his problems.Two decades of war has given him considerable PTSD and survivors guilt and depression that nearly costed Jack his career in 2546 [See Attached Incident Report]. Even though Jack still deals with these problems they don't affect him as much anymore and he still remains a reliable soldier, and a good mentor and he has recently been cleared for deployment back out into the field

Personal History:Jack was born to a low class family in Kentucky in 2507 and lived a simple country life while growing up. In school he displayed consistently high-grades and showed the ability to think of creative solutions for problems, he was actually smart enough to be allowed to skip a grade . When he was 15 Jack developed an interest with tinkering with small engines that would later develop into an interest in civil and mechanical engineering. Gradually though with his expanding awareness he realized the Insurrectionist threat and wanted to help defend innocent civilians so he enlisted into the marines when he was seventeen but his first deployment was to fight a very different threat.

On the verge of his eighteenth birthday Jack was sent to war against the Covenant, serving through most of the Harvest campaign and the Battle of Arcadia before volunteering to join the Helljumpers like his sister and successfully made it through training . After he became a Helljumper he found himself fighting both Covenant and Insurrectionist with little breaks in between.Though he serve well in his missions nearly two decades of non-stop fighting in a losing conflict while watching his friends fall and worlds burn began to take it's toll on him but it wasn't until the death of his sister at Skopje along with his own experience there of being the last man of his squad standing for a third time that finally broke him.

Some time after he was recovered Jack was found with his wrists cut next to a wall which had the name of his fallen squadmates and sister written with his blood. The only thing that saved him from being declared Section 8 and discharged was a general who thought Jacks skill and combat experience could be better used in the war effort so his incident was redacted and he was put into therapy. After eight months of extensive therapy Jack was cleared for duty and used to train other marine combat engineers for the next year.
Last edited by Steel Talons on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mother- Lady Rebels
Father:Gluggerstut
Aunt:Stattr
Siblings:Sister-Grim Reaperess
Sister-Rebelhood A.K.A Dakky
Wife- N/A
Kids:Daughter-Terintania the 'negligent buzzkill' (Also the person you should blame for anything that goes wrong)

Eridanus 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:52 am

Hey, now we got somebody who can build stuff instead of just blowing the crap out of it.

Steel Talons
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Steel Talons » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:56 am

Yes. BTB is here
Mother- Lady Rebels
Father:Gluggerstut
Aunt:Stattr
Siblings:Sister-Grim Reaperess
Sister-Rebelhood A.K.A Dakky
Wife- N/A
Kids:Daughter-Terintania the 'negligent buzzkill' (Also the person you should blame for anything that goes wrong)

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Okay your ODST app looks alright. I'll leave Kass to tell you what rank you're getting.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Name: Sullest, Fredrick D.

Date of Birth: 01/09/2520 | Sex: Male | Blood Type: O-

Place of Birth: Berlin General Hospital, Federal Republic of Germany, Earth | Ethnic Identity: Caucasian, Earth

Height: 182.88cm | Weight: 81.6466kg | Hair Color: Brown | Eye Color: Blue

UNSC PIN: 3138-BG

Possible for me to join with first app?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:01 am

Just a misc. weapons question. Does the M45E have pellet or slug shells? I couldn't find the answer on the wiki.
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 am

TriStates wrote:Just a misc. weapons question. Does the M45E have pellet or slug shells? I couldn't find the answer on the wiki.

00 buckshot.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Soellkraft_8_Gauge_Shell
Last edited by The blood ravens on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Eridanus 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 am

It seems activity has take a quite massive kick in the balls.

Well...

Post will be up shortly.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:50 am

Eridanus 3 wrote:It seems activity has take a quite massive kick in the balls.

Well...

Post will be up shortly.

Partially my fault, kinda writing a major post to take us to the evac for the operation, or moreover the end... dunno when I'll be done, but it should work out well, just need everyone to realize there will be some god-modding of characters.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Eridanus 3
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eridanus 3 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:52 am

Kassaran wrote:
Eridanus 3 wrote:It seems activity has take a quite massive kick in the balls.

Well...

Post will be up shortly.

Partially my fault, kinda writing a major post to take us to the evac for the operation, or moreover the end... dunno when I'll be done, but it should work out well, just need everyone to realize there will be some god-modding of characters.

Goodie.

Just realize that I shall be making a radio call to you... Pretty soon actually... By the end of the day most likely...

Looking forward to mission wraps.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Was hoping to make it longer, but the previous post got erased by failed draft request and I didn't realize it until about early this morning when I got briefly on with the idea of posting... Then seeing the fail, I decided to just go with the abbreviated version, everyone is weapons free, and there are only Elites and grunts being deployed right now. And yes, you're going to need to check and verify the servers were wiped, they were, but you still need to RP it...
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:28 pm

How large exactly is the lobby of the ONI building we're in and what's the layout? Right now i'm just imagining sets of covenant trying to heave through revolving doors...
Yo, that's mad.

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Kassaran wrote:Master Sergeant, get your ass in gear, Pendra, you're my new Gunny

Do you really mean it? Did Arthur's birthday come early this year?
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Xing wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Master Sergeant, get your ass in gear, Pendra, you're my new Gunny

Do you really mean it? Did Arthur's birthday come early this year?

Pendra is now GySgt, battlefield promotion, don't question him or he might rescind it.

bloody hell, mate.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Hold on, is this over?
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Hardly, this is just beginning. We've only been present for less than an hour on the battlefield, we still have well into the eight hundred kilometer range to cover before we get back to our own lines, and then we need to take part in the defense of UNSC stations until we finally are evacuated alongside the final military forces. In all, we're looking at a campaign of well into four or so IC months.

bloody hell, mate.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Kassaran wrote:Hardly, this is just beginning. We've only been present for less than an hour on the battlefield, we still have well into the eight hundred kilometer range to cover before we get back to our own lines, and then we need to take part in the defense of UNSC stations until we finally are evacuated alongside the final military forces. In all, we're looking at a campaign of well into four or so IC months.

Oh, okay. You just said that there was a promotion. I thought that only happened after missions.
Last edited by Vancon on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Vancon wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Hardly, this is just beginning. We've only been present for less than an hour on the battlefield, we still have well into the eight hundred kilometer range to cover before we get back to our own lines, and then we need to take part in the defense of UNSC stations until we finally are evacuated alongside the final military forces. In all, we're looking at a campaign of well into four or so IC months.

Oh, okay. You just said that there was a promotion. I thought that only happened after missions.

Battlefield promotions
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Ubaria, in the future I'd prefer you to let me RP the casualties sustained...

bloody hell, mate.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Kassaran wrote:Ubaria, in the future I'd prefer you to let me RP the casualties sustained...

Ah. I got somewhat carried away I guess...
Yo, that's mad.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Ubaria, in the future I'd prefer you to let me RP the casualties sustained...

Ah. I got somewhat carried away I guess...

bloody hell, mate.

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Ok Kass I realize that I need to get a post up and I would have today but the timing of my job and other involvements don't leave me much time on monday, wednesday and thursdays. I'm gonna see what me and Mon can do tomorrow evening and possibly saturday night for getting up another sniper montage.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Xing wrote:Ok Kass I realize that I need to get a post up and I would have today but the timing of my job and other involvements don't leave me much time on monday, wednesday and thursdays. I'm gonna see what me and Mon can do tomorrow evening and possibly saturday night for getting up another sniper montage.

Understood, no rush, just we have three two Phantoms dropping off copious amounts of grunts and elites right now.

bloody hell, mate.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:04 am

One hundred and eight seconds for the snipers to do their worst... then time for the fireworks.

Also, just as a point, Vancon, you control Taras right? Taras's inaction in the fight lead to Mack's injuries. Just a note, but it's not going to be held directly against him, though it's a thought he'll have to live with that his inaction via your inaction almost killed the Captain.

bloody hell, mate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse