NATION

PASSWORD

The New Modern World (AH, IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:49 pm

DUTCH REPUBLIC OF THE NETHERLANDS
July 1983

To the esteemed President of the Unified Orange River State; Peter Vrijgraaf

Hello good friend.

I realize that over the years, following your takeover from the former British and South African groups respectively, we lost in contact more and more. However, I believe your offer for an alliance is suitable, and will serve the purpose as an aggressive Sudan under communist rule looks to drive the Egyptians as far back as Cairo. This conflict is currently an internal affair between the Egyptians and Sudanese. But should Sudanese troops cross the border, I will be glad a fellow Dutch African nation will be near us, in case they should push into the Southeast as well. Here's to at least a decades worth of friendship!

Sincerely,

President Abraham Klerck of the Netherlands

Nimule, Uganda

The words were stolen right out of Abraham Klerck's mouth, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it, nor did he know about it. Still, the Sudanese decided the time was right to push onward, South. They planned to silently take parts of Uganda and the small states of Rwanda and Burundi in order to outmanuever the Dutch should they make the gruesome mistake of joining the slowly progressing, but still deadly conflict. Artillery pounded units in the Northern border with Egypt. But meanwhile, a man by the name of Frederik Pozstyk, a Russian Sudanese Communist Intelligence Agency or Sudanskiy Kommunisticheskaya razvedki which was abbreviated SKR was making himself known in Nimule. A city ruled by insurgents, against the Republican Government, Pozstyk had been assigned by his superiors as well as the Politburo to make a deal with the insurgents. They would, instead of fighting skirmishes with Sudanese forces on the border, as they had been doing, would fight to take control of Kampala. Of course, Communist troops could not fight alongside them, but they would fund them. The week government under Uganda would quickly fall to the aided insurgents. Pozstyk supplied the insurgents, under command by Georgi Kompani with their first assortment of weapons which included RPG's vehicles, and even a helicopter. Pozstyk said there would be plenty more of that if they cooperated. At once the Vodnik Russian Armored van moved its way back across the border. No one would suspect a thing.
Last edited by The Vaktovian Empire on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:10 pm

The Unified Orange River State

July, 1983

To, President Abraham Klerck of the Netherlands

If the situation is indeed as bad as you portray it, then perhaps the Orange Military could arrange a joint reconnaissance operation with Dutch Forces? Failing this, we shall dispatch several informants to Sudan to oversee the events. I just hope that the Egyptians are exaggerating severely, as a conflict to the North would stretch our military forces beyond their usual means.

Signed, President Peter Vrijgraaf of the Unified Orange River State

True to his word, he'd already requested a helicopter be ready within the next 48 hours. The sole purpose was to evaluate the kind of enemy found in Sudan and the area in general, of course, if it turned out to be an exaggeration then he'd call off the reconnaissance mission. All he had to do now was wait, and pray for a swift response.
Last edited by The Emerald Dragon on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:09 pm

Sudanese Airforce Base
Juba, Sudanese People's Republic
July, 1983

With something popping up on radar, Sudanese African Officer Gendi Hadujak got on the phone. He called his supervisor, a Russian man of the Sudanese People's Air Force. Hadujak pointed to the blurb on the screen. It was about 5 miles out from the border, and was approaching quickly. His superior told him to get on the comm and start hailing the unknown flying vessel using communications stations on the Southern border.

Unidentified Flying vessel, you are within 5 miles of the Sudanese People's Republic border. Our border is only open to certain nations, and international flights of both military, civilian and private caliber were warned during the 1968 Closed Border Doctrine imposed by our Politburo of that time that vessels would need to go around Sudanese Air Space. Respond or turn your current trajectory at least 45 degrees East or West or when you cross you will be shot. Respond, Now.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:24 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:Sudanese Airforce Base
July, 1983

With something popping up on radar, Sudanese African Officer Gendi Hadujak got on the phone. He called his supervisor, a Russian man of the Sudanese People's Air Force. Hadujak pointed to the blurb on the screen. It was about 5 miles out from the border, and was approaching quickly. His superior told him to get on the comm and start hailing the unknown flying vessel using communications stations on the Southern border.

Unidentified Flying vessel, you are within 5 miles of the Sudanese People's Republic border. Our border is only open to certain nations, and international flights of both military, civilian and private caliber were warned during the 1968 Closed Border Doctrine imposed by our Politburo of that time that vessels would need to go around Sudanese Air Space. Respond or turn your current trajectory at least 45 degrees East or West or when you cross you will be shot. Respond, Now.

The radio operator, a skilled and gifted Xhosa soldier called Bosu Awendi replied "We are the Red Guards of Africa, we aim to end White colonialism within the state we come from and seek to align with the Soviet Union, for the West has failed us with their racist and colonial ways. Thus we request to land our captured enemy transport and speak with any like-minded officials" This was all BS of course, but it was convincing BS.

Only one of the soldiers had White ancestry, and he was a mixed race Khoisan, the other soldiers included 3 Samoans and 1 South African-Indian. Bosu had experience, but he didn't count as a soldier. The soldiers were equipped with the same AKS-74U rifles used to raid the Mozambican village a few months earlier. They also had a map of South African army bases... from 1979, which they believed they could use to deceive the enemy.

Their uniform was drab, with brownish mud coloured clothing and a brown baseball cap for each man...
Last edited by The Emerald Dragon on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Sudanese Airforce Base
July, 1983

Gendi Hadujak sat at his desk. He was baffled by this current transmission, and was reluctant to let them in. However, he was not sure what to do. With his superior standing right over him, he barked to Hadujak. "Let me authenticate this. Tell them to land at the Ugandan Border town of Nimule (The same Ugandan border city that the Sudanese had recently gotten insurgents based in it to side with them) "Tell them its a secure location and we won't allow them in until we authenticate their identities." He said.

Red Guards of Africa, land your transport, I'm now identifying on radar as a helicopter at Nimule, a border city in Uganda, you will see it on your maps. We have no idea who you are, and have never heard of you, and as such, we need to authenticate your identities. Land at Nimule, at the Air Port we have troops moving to right now, as it is a neutral site where Ugandan Insurgents will oversee this operation. Do this, and do not cross the border, or you will be fired upon.

While the soldiers on the helicopter had a convincing story, Hadujak's superior believed that there could be something of foul-play here. He disbatched 4 trucks of fully loaded Sudanese Army soldiers to Nimule from the base in Juba, he expected them to be there within a half an hour. The helicopter would arrive at just around that time, along with Hadujak's superior Jeffrey Kiglorsk.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:Sudanese Airforce Base
July, 1983

Gendi Hadujak sat at his desk. He was baffled by this current transmission, and was reluctant to let them in. However, he was not sure what to do. With his superior standing right over him, he barked to Hadujak. "Let me authenticate this. Tell them to land at the Ugandan Border town of Nimule (The same Ugandan border city that the Sudanese had recently gotten insurgents based in it to side with them) "Tell them its a secure location and we won't allow them in until we authenticate their identities." He said.

Red Guards of Africa, land your transport, I'm now identifying on radar as a helicopter at Nimule, a border city in Uganda, you will see it on your maps. We have no idea who you are, and have never heard of you, and as such, we need to authenticate your identities. Land at Nimule, at the Air Port we have troops moving to right now, as it is a neutral site where Ugandan Insurgents will oversee this operation. Do this, and do not cross the border, or you will be fired upon.

While the soldiers on the helicopter had a convincing story, Hadujak's superior believed that there could be something of foul-play here. He disbatched 4 trucks of fully loaded Sudanese Army soldiers to Nimule from the base in Juba, he expected them to be there within a half an hour. The helicopter would arrive at just around that time, along with Hadujak's superior Jeffrey Kiglorsk.

"We land at Nimule, of course, I just hope the insurgents do not meet us angrily Bosu told them, putting on his thickest and most African-who barely-speaks-english accent. They also covered themselves in dirt, mainly from the floor of the helicopter, just to aid their story. They also naturally had to get used to holding their weapons in the wrong positions, just to give the impression that they were poorly trained irregulars. Finally, to aid the most convincing to their story, one man aimed his rifle at the helicopter pilot and shouted in his native language, to give the impression that the pilot was being forced to fly them.

That was why the pilot wore a 'Orange Airforce' jumpsuit with his rank and name imprinted onto it...

Soon, they'd be coming in for the landing...

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Sudanese Army Convoy
Nimule, Bordetown in Uganda
July, 1983

Jeffrey Kiglorsk, a Russian man taking on a British first name after he came to Sudan as part of the first 50,000 or so Russian units deployed there by Stalin in 1950 and onward, which now made up 15-20% of the total Sudanese population, stepped off the truck. All 4 of them were large transport trucks which sat near the helicopter as it landed. As the men exited the heli, the Sudanese soldiers, totalling around 40-50 moved in in a circular motion surrounding the heli. Kiglorsk, eyed the Ugandan Insurgents, numbering probably 30-40, all working or eyeing them from across the way near the airports' hangars. They had already been informed of the situation, and were basically backup if things got messy.
As Kiglorsk approached the men, he realized their uniforms were pretty convincing, but he knew there was one thing, truly only if they were real, that they'd have. ID's of such, or some names that his men could put into the computer registry, and find an ID Match within their databases. They contained information for most known groups in Africa, but Kiglorsk, even himself, had never heard of the "Red Guards of Africa". He looked at the leader. "May I see or have you give me some kind of identification?" He asked, with a semi-smirk.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:55 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:Sudanese Army Convoy
Nimule, Bordetown in Uganda
July, 1983

Jeffrey Kiglorsk, a Russian man taking on a British first name after he came to Sudan as part of the first 50,000 or so Russian units deployed there by Stalin in 1950 and onward, which now made up 15-20% of the total Sudanese population, stepped off the truck. All 4 of them were large transport trucks which sat near the helicopter as it landed. As the men exited the heli, the Sudanese soldiers, totalling around 40-50 moved in in a circular motion surrounding the heli. Kiglorsk, eyed the Ugandan Insurgents, numbering probably 30-40, all working or eyeing them from across the way near the airports' hangars. They had already been informed of the situation, and were basically backup if things got messy.
As Kiglorsk approached the men, he realized their uniforms were pretty convincing, but he knew there was one thing, truly only if they were real, that they'd have. ID's of such, or some names that his men could put into the computer registry, and find an ID Match within their databases. They contained information for most known groups in Africa, but Kiglorsk, even himself, had never heard of the "Red Guards of Africa". He looked at the leader. "May I see or have you give me some kind of identification?" He asked, with a semi-smirk.

"We don't have identification, otherwise, we wouldn't be here today, because if we had identification then we'd be requesting weapons back in that hellhole across the border." The leader of the soldiers told him, he was about 182 Cm tall and weighed about 160 pounds, he was also a mixed Khoisan who spoke three languages. Then the sound of boot hitting flesh ricocheted of the tarmac, it was the radio operator, Bosu throwing the pilot out of the aircraft and stomping on his face. The pilot knew it was part of the act, so he went along with it and shouted obscenities at Bosu.

"NO BACKTALK, OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!" Bosu screamed in his face, which was ignored by the 5 soldiers, who listened to pilot's real screams mainly done to add a sense of realism.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Sudanese Army Convoy
Nimule, Bordertown in Uganda
July, 1983

Kiglorsk, not really paying much attention to the reply, as he realized it was a know, reached for his pistol, cocked it, and put it in the man's face. "I don't know who the hell you think you are. But when I find out, I will put a bullet between your eyes. For now, since you cannot prove who you are, you will be given a choice, either be cuffed, and be taken into the custody of our great SKR Agent here Mr. Gregorovich who will be happy to fly you back to Khartoum, under heavy security, torture you, and then make you tell him and the SKR who you really are. Or, option 2, is to get back on your nice helicopter there, and go back to that "hellhole". He smiled at the man. "Or, option three, as I so do love option 3, is that whoever you are, you won't choose either, and attempt to start a firefight, right here, right now, and I will be happy to die for my country, my great Soviet, Communist country, and my men will gun you and your men down. I am ready to die for my country right now! Are you ready to die for whatever pathetic country you come from, since I obviously at this point DON'T BELIEVE YOUR CLAIM!" He yelled, with an antagonizing smile.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:06 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:Sudanese Army Convoy
Nimule, Bordertown in Uganda
July, 1983

Kiglorsk, not really paying much attention to the reply, as he realized it was a know, reached for his pistol, cocked it, and put it in the man's face. "I don't know who the hell you think you are. But when I find out, I will put a bullet between your eyes. For now, since you cannot prove who you are, you will be given a choice, either be cuffed, and be taken into the custody of our great SKR Agent here Mr. Gregorovich who will be happy to fly you back to Khartoum, under heavy security, torture you, and then make you tell him and the SKR who you really are. Or, option 2, is to get back on your nice helicopter there, and go back to that "hellhole". He smiled at the man. "Or, option three, as I so do love option 3, is that whoever you are, you won't choose either, and attempt to start a firefight, right here, right now, and I will be happy to die for my country, my great Soviet, Communist country, and my men will gun you and your men down. I am ready to die for my country right now! Are you ready to die for whatever pathetic country you come from, since I obviously at this point DON'T BELIEVE YOUR CLAIM!" He yelled, with an antagonizing smile.

"I pick option one, yes in fact, we ALL pick option one" replied the Leader, his hands behind his back. Since, all the soldiers present were special forces, they had already been put through very real torture during training.

(Yeah, I tend to one line when it comes to dialogue)
Last edited by The Emerald Dragon on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:15 pm

"Good. Well, Mr. Gregorovich here will have you all taken back to Khartoum. First, get on the trucks, and if you try anything funny, you'll be shot on sight." He smiled again.

(I'm assuming since we've already gone over a page in the July section, we'll skip to a day later in Khartoum from here)

The men of the Orange State had been all locked away in a cell for a day now. Though they were locked in separate cells, they realized these cells were relatively close, so anything could have been said. SKR didn't give a fuck what you talked about when they weren't there. They cared more about what you said when you WERE there. An agent walked into the cell block from the firmly secured steel door at the end, opened by a guard in a room on the other side of the door. It was Agent Gregor Gregorovich, an ironic name, but not to him. He had killed 8 people in the course of this month alone when he didn't get results. He looked at all of them collectively. He had a clipboard with paper on it. "Whoever you guys are, your government will be calling in due time. I've come to the assumption your either spies or some other special type of unit, as most cry when they see this place on their first trip in. EVEN, Dutchmen." Gregor laughed, referencing the two Dutchmen, Soldier Matt DeLovie, still held up in the prison, but in a separate block, and Henry Genva, killed by Agent Gregory Savaya, a different agent, and one quite possibly even more duranged than Gregorovich. It seemd the SKR had a tendency for finding the most duranged of the 20% Russian population of Sudan, and making them primely ready for SKR service. He continued: "Now them, anything you gentlemen want to tell me? I promise, if you admit your from a foreign country, there's probably a 100% more likely chance you'll live than not telling me. I've killed 8 this month just for not cooperating within the first few days of interrogation. And those were mostly cattle farmers guilty of coinciding with enemies of the state, like the Dutch!" He yelled.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Some Shitty Cell in Khartoum :p

"Well, We've got to tell you; we drink human blood from fallen enemies, it's in our training. Then we cook their flesh, and eat it wrapped around a stick, and on a good day, during training in a foreign country, we'll twist a civilian's thumbs around just to make them scream. If they don't scream high enough to shatter glass, then we snap and amputate the thumb. Without anaesthesia." The leader told the man, if this man thought HE was crazy, then he had yet to meet the 1st Parachute 'Devilsion', commonly known as the 'Vampires'
Last edited by The Emerald Dragon on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 pm

The Emerald Dragon wrote:Some Shitty Cell in Khartoum :p

"Well, We've got to tell you; we drink human blood from fallen enemies, it's in our training. Then we cook their flesh, and eat it wrapped around a stick, and on a good day, during training in a foreign country, we'll twist a civilian's thumbs around just to make them scream, if they don't scream high enough to shatter glass, then we snap and amputate the thumb. Without anaesthesia." The leader told the man, if this man thought HE was crazy, then he had yet to meet the 1st Parachute 'Devilsion', commonly known as the 'Vampires'

Gregor was not amused, he fired a bullet into the leader's comrade, sitting in the cell adjacent. He called medics in immediately. "Oh well," He said, pulling the leader's comrade to his feet. He pointed to the shell, clearly shot into the leg. "I did that on purpose." He said. "Bring him back in the cell and do it!" He yelled to the medics. "They're cutting off his leg at the ankle!" He yelled at the leader with a twisted smile on his face, he grinned, and his face became read. Let's see you give him back the blood you just drained from him with your smart mouth!" He said. He and the medics left, leaving that to sink in. He expected conversation to arise, but didn't care.

(Your turn for some conversation before Gregor comes the next morning ;))

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:02 pm

Some Shitty Cell in Khartoum
July 1983

Gregor approached the next morning. He lined all the squad up one by one against the wall next to the cells, with a squad of Sudanese People's Army soldiers looking onward. He said to the leader: "Whoever you belong to. They'll either deny you ever existed, or they'll come looking for you. Either way, you're dead to them." He chuckled, lit a cigar after walking away, and as the man stood with their faces turned towards the soldiers, they raised their rifles, and quickly dispersed rounds into all of their chests. The bodies were disposed of, in a civil fashion that they would not be found; they were burned partially, and their remains buried in a state-owned cemetery. Gregor, though a bastard gave them tomestones. The read "Unknown men, enemies of the state, but kept their mouth shut for their country to save their civilians. God Help Us All." Gregor actually cried after burying them. Now, it was a matter of what happened next.

TO ALL OTHER PLAYERS:

Since w'eve taken up 3/4 of this page and the last continuing into July, which by right should have ended on the last page, I'm assuming we're in August now.

Former United Soviet Socialist republic
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Former United Soviet Socialist republic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:40 am

Diplomatic cable

Democratic Republic of al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ

Encryption: High
Date: July 1st, 1983
To:Empire of the North

We will be awaiting the arrival of your diplomat in earnest. However, we would like to ask your stance of a pro-nuclear non-aligned state and your stance on Islamic counties in the middle east joining our movement. It would be in your best interests for your diplomat to arrive at the end of the month due to, "Security reasons". Another to note is that we are formally inviting your navy to an exercise in the Mediterranean called NMMEDEX in September to December.

Diplomatic cable

Encryption:Medium
Date:July 1st, 1983
To:Islamic Republic of Iran
It would be our best interests to team up against both dominant spheres of influence; however, it should be noted that we have potential candidates to enter from Europe, who's technological levels are much higher than us. I ask to create a formal, non-aligned movement to protect us from foreign aggression from both sides of this so called, "Cold War". Another to note is that we are formally inviting your navy to an exercise in the Mediterranean called NMMEDEX in September to December.

Meanwhile in the al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ….
Continuous skirmishing has occured between the Lybian and al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ border,further tensions are escalating as the al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ has declared a state of emergency and has mobilized most armed forces and 10% of reserves. A war to Libya may be imminent.

Public declaration to the people:

"As such, any act of terror; regardless of reason, is a paramount to war. We view any nation's subversive activities here as a declaration of war. The al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ will not tolerate terroristic actions by anyone, wether it be an Islamic country or a non-Islamic one. As such, we have heightened our security measures and have decided to mobilize our reserve forces; a state of emergency is officially declared until such perpetrators of the attacks are found and bought to justice. This is serving as a direct warning to the state of Libya not to further contest borders, else we will take actions as a declaration of war."

Interior memo:

Encryption: High
Date: July 2nd,1983
To: Ministry of Defense
Full mobilization is underway, reserves are being brought up as armor divisions are being placed to the East
Contingency plans Arctic Storm and Sea Spear underway.

Diplomatic cable
Hand drafted letter delivered to the capital building of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Encryption: Ultra-High
Date: July 1st, 1983, 0300 GMT
To:Islamic Republic of Iran
It would be in our best interests to divert the attention of the bombing of the Beiruit barracks to another country, mainly in question for us as an excuse to Causus belli a nation responsible for terrorism in our lands. That nation lies to our east and borders Egypt….
Last edited by Former United Soviet Socialist republic on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief of Military Intelligence, IU
Retaliatory Nuclear Condition: RETCON:5 RETCON:4 RETCON:3 RETCON:2 RETCON:1
Mallorea and Riva should resign
Pro:Israel, Socialism, Free press Against: Discrimination of Religion, US Imperialism, PRISIM
Wars
Current:
Alexanda Civil war: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=304355&p=20995859#p20995859
Past Wars:Won in the name of Marxism: The Credorian conflict: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=304214&p=20996481#p20996481
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

The Enclave Government
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Enclave Government » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:47 am

Secure diplomatic Telegram
To: The Dutch Republic of the Netherlands.

Hello. As a nation bordering you, Germany finds it quite uncomfortable your nation maintains a colony in the Congo of Africa. We politely petition you give them independance, or we fear diplomatic relations may have to be cut or strained. The congolese deserve independance as much as the Belgians did in their day.

~Signed German Foreign Minister, Ryan Burgdorf

Secure Diplomatic Telegram
To: All nations that import more oil then they export.

Hello, esteemed Presidents and Prime Ministers. Germany wishes to found the Organization of Oil Importing Countries. As the OPEC continues to grow in membership and power, our interests, to, must be represented in a organization that shall protect our growth and sustenence in relation to the Oil Economy of the world. We request you send a envoy to Hamburg for the summit, and possible writing up of a charter of the OOIC. Thank you.

~Signed German Foreign Minister, Ryan Burgdorf
Ifreann wrote:Natural law is what people call it when they want to believe that their personal views are actually the deep truth of the universe.

Resident of South Carolina. Apparently I'm a democratic socialist. Social liberal, fiscal liberal, foreign policy neocon. Pro America / Europe / Western Civilization / Secular Government / Regulated Capitalism. Neutral with regards to Russia / Communism. Anti China / Unrestricted Capitalism / Isolationism.

Imperium Nova
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Nova » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Kejsardömet Norden

The Nordic, Stockholm, Rosenbad
July 1983

His firm steps echoed throughout the halls of the Governmental Palace, his course set through the corridors, he knew these ways as sure as ever. He had been using them for some 30 years now, being one of the older and more senior of the members of Government, having been Minister for Foreign Affairs as well during the mid to late 70s before being replaced by Jan Eliasson. Good he thought, he had no problem with giving over responsibility to the younger generations. He wondered however why the Riksminister had summoned him now, in the middle of summer. He was a bit dissapointed having to leave his summer house in the archipelago but so be it, he was sure that he would be back there in no time and enjoy his vacation. However when the Prime Minister calls one must obey and do ones duty for the Realm.

He turned sharply to the right to follow the path of the corridor, passing several doors with plaquered names on them before eventually reaching the end of the corridor, facing a large room in which a few chairs and a desk was placed, behind it the Riksminister's secretary.
"Herr Bodström. The Riksminister is awaiting." The young woman behind the desk said with a smile as she rose from the desk and approached the door.
"Ah, no need Miss. I will handle it myself, thank you." The older man stated as he gestured for her to sit down in her desk to the right of the large oak doors. He approached said doors and knocked three times before waiting for an answer. He had heard many voices come out of this room, many different Head of Governments, but never one which commanded such respect as the voice of Gustaf Wannelius.

"Enter!" The voice from inside boomed as he opened the door and walked into the room, closing the door behind him.
"Ah, Lennart. Please, come. Have a seat." The Riksminister rose from his seat behind the desk and grasped the older man's hand as they both sat down in their chairs, adjusting their dark suits.
"Now, Gustaf. What was it you wanted to discuss?" He said as he put both his arms on the two armrests on the large chair.
"I'm sorry to disturb you like this in the middle of summer, but there is an important mission that I wanted to entrust to someone fully capable, and so the task fell to you." The old diplomat shone up a bit at hearing the words from the Riksminister.
"We have initiated discussion with this, Democratic Republic of al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ regarding arms trade. And we need someone to go down to Morocco to finish the deal, and I thought that you would be suitable for the job. You will go down there later in this month, and then return in due time for the elections in September."

Lennart Bodström sat and contemplated the words of the Prime Minister for a bit.
"You will also be discussing eventual, cooperation with this nation regarding the preservation of neutrality. However that is all, an alliance is not something we are looking for, as always. You will also be travelling as a representative of the Nordic Council and represent Finland as well." The Riksminister continued, and the former Minister for Foreign Affairs sat and listened.
"Anything else?" The diplomat asked as he prepared to leave.
"No, Lennart. An Imperial plane will take you down there. Also it might be so that the Crown Prince will be travelling with you, His Imperial Highness has always been interested in the Berbers."
"Alright, Gustaf. Just let me know when and where and I'll be prepared. If you'll need me I'll be out in the archipelago." He replied as they both stood up and shook hands before he left the room.

"A vacation. Yes, that would be quite nice, however if one shall govern a nation there is little time for such. At least for the time being." The Riksminister said as he returned to his papers.

Kejsardömet Norden
Kejserliga kansliet

To: The Government of the Democratic Republic of al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ

The Government of the Empire of the North has sent this message to the Government of the Democratic Republic of al-Maghrib al-Awsaṭ to discuss matters of military arms.

We will send a diplomat to discuss deals with the al-Maghrib al-Awsaw Government later this month, the journey may also be accompanied by His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince Gustaf, who has a deep interest in the area.

The Nordic Realm is itself a nuclear-state with an arsenal of nuclear weapons and deeply concerned with the preservation of its own neutrality in this world. The Nordic Realm, despite being a highly christian and Lutheran country would see no problem with other Islamic countries in this cooperation, as long as also other non-Islamic countries can join. Preferably European nations but such may be discussed when the diplomat Lennart Bodström has arrived.

Signed,
Jan Eliasson
Minister for Foreign Affairs for the Empire of the North
Last edited by Imperium Nova on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:00 pm

2:00 AM, The Presidential Palace at Bloemfontain

The sound of paper being shredded reverberated throughout the thin walls, the paper being shredded was of vital importance; it was the dead soldiers' enlistment papers and and anything else. Basically, the President and other members of the Government were erasing all knowledge about the 5 soldiers from the face of the Earth. A lone guard, clad in a dark suit and carrying a silenced pistol greeted the President, before walking over to the doorway where the documents were contained and lighted a joint. The wisps of smoke and smell of high quality marijuana filled the air, like the smell of a foreign cheese.

Several quiet minutes passed, until a knock on the door... and an explosion. Then the shout... "ORANGE STATE POLICE, PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND IMMEDIATELY SURRENDER!" This was followed by the ever-growing sound of sirens, as around 25 Police Officers armed with FN FAL rifles and wearing body armour stormed in. Several tuxedo wearing guards, fresh from their break tried to resist, but were immediately shot down in a hail of bullets. The President died, along with many others, leading to the start of the Orange Civil War.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Khartoum, Sudanese People's Republic
July, 1983

With the recent outbreak of civil war, Premier Jean Paul Abboud had a hunch. He sent a message to the rebels against the central government.

TO: Whom it may concern within the rebels against the government of the Orange River State
I realize the current conflict in your nation is about to get troublesome. One of our recent captured espionage-arrested subjects who has since been killed was wearing a Orange Pilot Suit. The espionagists were with him. While we have no direct evidence, we believe you might be able to search for something if you've taken over the right buildings in the capital. Of course, assisting us with framing your government for the espionage won't be a small price to pay. We will provide any aid to civilians killed in the crossfire, as well as denounce your official government's power and help to gain you as much popularity throughout the region should your side win.

Sincerely,
Premier Jean Paul Abboud, Sudanese People's Republic

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Amsterdam, Dutch Republic of the Netherlands
July, 1983

TO: Federal Republic of Germany
While I realize there is concern by you and your people, we do not do any harm to the Congolese. There is a mutual respect understood by the way our Dutch Commonwealth works. Suriname and the Congolese have independent Governors who rule the country as if it were a state of Germany for example, but report overall to the Viceroy of the Commonwealth, Cobus Mastun who reports to Parliament and the President. Effectively, two referendums were already held in both 1972, and 1975 seeing if the Congolese and Surinamese delegations would vote for independence under their respective governors. However, both voted to stay with the Dutch on both occassions. It is much less colonial dominance than it is say they are a "Protectorate" than more of a colony. They don't operate their own military as the Dutch Foreign Army does that for them, and they do operate their own Protectorate Sub-government though. In turn, millions if not billions of dollars are poured into both countries each year, and protection, security, welfare, education, and food surplus are a must. If you need further proof no one is mistreated in the Congo, we can have a German Observer flown to Kinshasa and observe the situation there or in any other city for however long they wish. I guarantee you, Mr. Burgdorf, nothing against NATO or Human Rights standards is in effect in the Congo. We are both Democratic believing nations, and we both know that to do such a thing would be unjustly and against all morales of each of our countries.

Sincerely,

President Abraham Klerck

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 am

July 1983
Presidential Palace, Constantinople, Ottoman Federal Republic
Col.AbdulAziz as usual sat in his office puffing on a Cuban Cigar. He was doing paperwork, signing documents and what not. Col.AbdulAziz never took leisure time and usually stressed on running the nation. The Presidential Palace did come equipped with stress relief areas such as a Spa, a tennis court, a pool, and even a restaurant and bar. AbdulAziz was only a man of 33 and the stress of being President began to show on him. He rubbed his forehead, feeling the deep wrinkle trenches on his forehead. His staff joked that he had his own Tabriz Line on his forehead. He chuckled thinking of this. The documents that he had been looking were the finalizations of the National Insurance Act and the approval of the Education Fund. He had another Cabinet meeting in few hours so he decided to finish up his work and head down to the pool.

AbdulAziz walked down the corridors of the Palace in nothing but a red beret and camouflage shorts. He showed off his six-pack winking at all the young female interns as he passed them. The women at the desk blew kisses at him. Lucking for Col.AbdulAziz he wasn't married nor did he have a girlfriend, he focused to much on his political and military career. But, now since he was where he wanted to be he was ready to settle down and start a family so he can pass on his legacy. Col.AbdulAziz wanted both love and a child to pass on that love too, but couldn't find any women who would reciprocate. Most of them women he encountered either had an obsession or wanted to sleep with him out of infatuation.

Two Presidential Guards saluted the Colonel and opened the two doors to the massive outdoor pool. He laid down his towel and kicked off his sandals while neatly placing his pilot shades on the white lawn chairs. He went head first and dove into the deep side of the pool. He did laps back and forth from the shallow side and back to the deep end. His Secretary of the Interior Hussein rushed over to him in a beige suit with a red tie a folder in hand. The Colonel swam to the shallow end and looked up at Hussein who towered over him blocking the sun,
What is it Hussein?

Here's a new list of dissenters we can brand 'terrorists'. Most of them are speaking out against the regime, 800 names in all. Approve the list today and the National Police can have them all rounded up and executed tomorrow night, sir. We can have 80 phony trials just so the West can be pleased. If we don't arrest them now who know's what plans they can be putting forth, maybe their aiding the Persians., Hussein replied.

Alright, leave them with Shariza at the front desk. I'll approve them after my Cabinet meeting, that'll be all Secretary.

Hussein clicked his heels and gave a salute,
Yes my Colonel.

Hussein walked off briskly with the folder in hand. Col.AbdulAziz went back to making laps in the pool. 40 minutes later he got out,dried off, took a gulp of fresh lemonade, and walked off back into the Palace. Two Palace Guards gave him a salute and opened the two doors. He walked to his master bedroom, he took off his red beret and brushed his wet hair drops of water falling onto the marble floor. He placed the beret back on his head put his pilot shades back on. He arrived at his bedroom. He threw the beret, shades, and towel on the bed and walked to his grand closet. Today he felt like wearing official clothing and decided to wear a suit and tie. He had time to spare before the meeting, so he decided to watch the tube.

2 hours later...
Conference Room, Presidential Palace, Constantinople
Col.AbdulAziz woke from his nap, he couldn't believed he dozed off. He looked at his clock the Cabinet meeting was about to start in 5 minutes. The Colonel adjusted his tie and fixed his bed hair. He wore his shades as usual and walked down to the cabinet room. Two Presidential Guards saluted him and opened the doors. As soon as he entered the room the small talk ended abruptly and the entire cabinet turned their attention to the Colonel. He gave nod as for them to proceed.The first one to kick off the meting was the Secretary of Education Kemal;
In the past 8 weeks since the opening of the Education fund over 500 schools throughout the Republic have renovated their classrooms to increase capacity limit, have updated their books, bought or repaired equipment, and refurbished Libraries. Our literacy rate is expected to increase by 15% within the next year or so. We have opened up 36 new universities, with an astounding 876,000 new students enrolling this year alone. The Education fund has a small financial assistance program set up in it to help students enrolling in universities below the average median income line. I really applaud you my Colonel for taking the initiative to cultivate our young minds to enlighten about our world.

The Secretary of War and Defense spoke,
Sir our draft went successful and we have sent them to the frontline. We have split them into two army groups, one is going to the Tabriz Line and one to Iraq. I have deployed 300 more towed artillery sytems, 200 T-55's, 225 T-64's, 400 BMP-1's and 300 SAM's and FLAK's. The Territorial Defense Force has been put on high alert and are ready for partial mobilization.Our chemical missiles have also reached the front lines and are ready to be used during the offensive.

Col.AbdulAziz gave a smile and nodded in appreciation, next who spoke was Secretary of Health and Medicine Pasha;
Mr.President sir, our Insurance program has raised your approval ratings throughout all of Turkey and Iraq but in Syria the Ba'athist Party discredits you calling you the 'devil' to modern socialism. Well, 68 new clinics, 24 major hospitals, and 8 new medical labs with the cost of only 5 billion dollars in all. Our doctors have applauded your efforts to finally give them a modern setting to work in and now they can fully work to their potential. The coverage of our state ran insurance program Red Star has extended to more than 1.5 million people. Statistics have recorded that over 4 million people are being treated a day and the life expectancy is sure to increase more than 2 years. The annual costs for such a program are only 1.8 billion annually. This should be the least common denominator in our budgets numbers. If anything Healthcare is being undefunded, sir. Please rethink our budget.

Secretary of Finances Al-Assad interrupted Pasha a bit,
Mr.President, we should consider submitting in a new budget for the Congress to approve. It needs to be updated accordingly to our current situation. We all know that it will get approved regardless since the Congress is under your utter control. It isn't such a bad idea my Colonel. Ther are certain sectors of the economy that need... funding if you will.

Col.AbdulAziz sighed knowing this dance before,
Who needs the bailouts now?

The Secretary of Finances looked shock. But, there was someone in the room who was getting frustrated and the shadows his anger simmerd. He wanted to address the real problems, problems some of the Bureaucrats wanted to ignore. But, he couldn't stay on the sidelines, sitting in the shadows while the nation slowly died of deprivation. He laughed a bit under his breath, he deep down began to resent the Colonel. He couldn't stand the talk of bailouts, he finally slammed his fist on to the table. The glasses of water shook and the cabinet members focused their attention onto the Secretary of Domestic Employment and Industry Habre.Col.AbdulAziz grinned with his shades on.
Forgive my holiest Colonel he said in a sarcastic voice but your war has taken away valuable workers from invaluable factories. You nearly drafted 2% of our workforce into the armed forces causing a 10% deduction in production. Our economy will suffer immensley! All because of your incompetence and impulsive behavior! You fool, why couldn't you drafted men from the Universities or Highschools I'm sure those idiots would have gladly joined you stupid and selfish cause. This entire Cabinet thinks that this war is only for personal reasons and not benefiting the Fatherland in anyway. Instead your slowly killing, draining it of precious resources and manpower it needs to survive. We have been forced to employ women and old men who should have retired into our factories and refineries. Hmpf, why do I even care you caniving little son of a bitch!

The Secretary of Education and Academics spoke furiously,
We are not going to risk an entire young generation to a war that doesn't concern them!

Habre stood up enraged,
Oh but it concerns my workers huh. This war is much of their problem as it is mine! The war will take something from everyone, and that son of a bitch will only bring this country dow... A bullet ran through the head of Habre. Col.AbdulAziz's barrel was smoking. A quick flash and Habre fell to the floor not knowing what hit him. The Colonel holstered his pistol and walked to the door before saying while dipping his shades a bit to expose his eyes,
Meeting adjourned gentlemen.
He put his shades back on when the Presidential and Palace Guard rushed throw the door aiming their rifles at the Cabinet to see what happened. Col.AbdulAziz just casually walked right past them. The Cabinet was in a state of shock and disbelief. Some of them had the blood of Habre splattered over their suits and faces.
War Room, Presidential Palace, Constantinople
The War Room was in a hurry. People rushing everywhere with papers in hand spilling on the floor. Phone were ringing and orders were being issued. Col.AbdulAziz entered the room and the entire room paused and saluted him. He gave a salute back.This time he listened, which he usually did, but this time mainly observed his Generals in action. He was surveying how effective his staff was and wanted to listen in on their plan.
Gentlemen, continued as you were. Pretend I'm not even here.
The Generals tried to ignore the Colonels presence to the best of their abilities.Thet went off this map of their military positions on the Tabriz Line.
Gen.Mubarak continued,
First Army Group and the 3rd armor corp have been selected by High Command to launch an offensive near the Aras hills. It is belived that the Persians have an army Group near Lake Urmia and north of Tabriz city. Intel also claims that there might be a support division garrisoned at Rasht. I will be in command of the offense. First Army Group and 3rd armored corp will swing north and take the Aras hills. If we take these we can have an excellent advantage over Persian lines and Tabriz itself. We're expecting around 10 to 15 thousand initial casualties. 2nd Army Group and 1st and 2nd armored corp will act as a support option. However, there main focus it to provide pressure on that Persian army group entrenched on the Urmia Lake with artillery fire, missile strikes, and a few diversion advances to make them think we are prepping to cross the lake. Once 1st Army Group and 3rd armored corp are in the Aras hills we'll immediately try to secure a viable supply line to transport artillery pieces. Air support will be crucial during this offense so I ask their to be abundance.

Air Marshal Khazan next spoke,
I will scramble 110 F-5 Northrops and 100 Dassaullt Rafale's. I'll keep 80 Dassault Mirage 5's ready to intercept any counter-assault, I will also keep 50 Dassault Falcons to repel any counter-offensive made by Iranian forces. I also have 60 KA-50's attack helicopters, 60 SuperCobra's, and 40 Hinds prepped and ready. Our airbases are operating at full capacity. There are 30 C-5m Super Galaxy's being used for paratrooper operations, I have them on stand by just in case our offensive needs a little shock to Persian forces.

Gen.Hussan of the 2nd Army Group and 1st and 2nd armored Corp or "Army Group Centre" spoke,
" My men will ready the artillery and Grad systems. In order to divert from our northern assault I will send small assault squads up to the river and to make it seem legit some heavy armor with it, I ask that Air Marshall Khazan provide some attack choppers to confuse the Persians. We'll exchange some fire with the Persian line and then retreat making them feel as if they repelled an offensive distracting them from our true offensive up north. I was notified that our chemical missiles have arrived and I'm in possession of them, I will launch them when the situation is dire or when they can be really beneficial when the opportunity presents itself."
Gen.Fahid Al-Moruk in charge 4th Army Group, 3 Corp A ,B,C of the Territorial Defense Force, and 5th 6th and 8th Divisions in Iraq spoke finally,
" My priority of defense should the Persians decide to launch an offensive in Iraq is to concentrate our forces in Baghdad as they will need to take that out first in order to penetrate Turkey. Baghdad will become a solid fortress with in the week.
The Generals agreed and began executing the plan.

Tabriz Line, Iran
Things were going usual for the Tabriz Line. Artillery exchanges, small arms skirmishes, rocket strikes the works were going into affect. But, today a major flashpoint in the war was going to occur. The line received its orders from the War Room and within 3 hours initiated Operation Exploding Star. Artillery began a heavier barrage than usual and the rocket strikes intensified. 70,000 troops began to assemble to make a diversionary assault up the Urmia Lake.
Northern Tabriz Line, Iran
Gen.Fatah MOBCOM commander of the First Army Group and 3rd armored corp into what was dubbed Army Group North. He recieved his ordes and within 30 minutes moved 700,000 troops across the northern line and began his trek to the Asar hills. Simultaneously the airforce began to scramble over 230 aircraft with an extra 50 on stand-by. The plan from the War Room and High Command was set in motion.
Last edited by Bolovia on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:20 am

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:38 am

Garamba, Congolese Dutch Protectorate
July, 1983

General Gerbert Hemsling of the 50th Dutch Foreign Army Battalion stared down the approaching Sudanese 5th Armored Corps. Made up of T-72's, T-80's, and BMP-70's as well as 152mm Towed Howitzers were setting up shop on the Sudanese-Congolese border tow of Gerapaldi, an Italian-style African city. The 152mm's were quickly set up before the 50th DFA Battalion could even move from their open position set up on the grassy plains right South of the city. The T-80's and other tanks charged, and the artillery fired. Hemsling was killed instantly, and his entire Battalion, of around 1,782 men were all recorded KIA. The Sudanese quickly retreated then afterward, across the border back past the town, and moved away. Hemsling's Battalion was honored and bodies were buried.
General Robert Yastrewzski and General Carl Geohagan both moved quickly to Garamba was right West of Gerapaldi, and the Sudanese city of Yambio was right across the border from Garamba, with both cities equally important and strategic in the opening events for the war. Geohagan moved his DFA Legion of 5,470 troops through Garamba's center, while civilians were quickly evacuated. SCUD Missile Launchers belonging to the Sudanese were set up in a factory district of Yambio, and the Sudanese were quick to move military units into Yambio, and intensify defenses there. They, instead of evacuating the majority of civilians in the Southern part of the city, which would be open to strife once either side began firing, let the people stay. They knew the Dutch would not fire on civilians, and positioned SCUD's in the factory district, which with little intelligence the Dutch would come to realize, were packed with civilians told to live there as a fallout shelter. The people were made to believe the SCUDs were actually ICBM Launchers, but this was a RUSE to make these people stay in the factories as bunkers, just a few meters away from the launchers themselves.
Geohagan, knowing this of course, deployed the Maritime Special Operations Force or MARSOF. They quickly entered and rescued the hostages. When they were dealt with, they attempted to sap the SCUDs but were quickly shot on sight.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:50 am

MILITARY HQ, BLOEMFONTAIN

"Right, so let's survey the map again." General Welkopf told the group of men, they were the other officers of the general staff and had not foreseen the war. Government Forces, under Welkopf's command numbered 5,000 soldiers and 3,000 pilots, the rest of the military had defected. They controlled around 46% of the country, mainly their Bloemfontain stronghold and the North. The main threat was SIGMO, a new age religious group had funding from many wealthy Cubans and the like. Their militia was equipped with Galils, smuggled illegally from Israel and they boasted in between 8,000 and 14,000 members and they controlled 36% of the country. Finally, the President's forces, with the remaining military, plus a few tanks and aircraft were scattered throughout the South-West.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:17 am

-- Reserved --
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse