NATION

PASSWORD

THE DEBATABLE LANDS (OOC/Sign-Ups) [Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Sorry, I've been busy.

Should be able to post soon.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Oh God, don't tell me everyone disappeared again!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm still waiting on Grey Wolf (Robert and Wolfen Willie), NEI (Clever Duff), and Rup (at least Tall Rory, and preferably Moira too) to advance those plot threads. The tower people are also all free to reply.

Look: y'all are busy. It's not my job to harass you about posting. If you want this to survive, you'll participate, that's all.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:I'm still waiting on Grey Wolf (Robert and Wolfen Willie), NEI (Clever Duff), and Rup (at least Tall Rory, and preferably Moira too) to advance those plot threads. The tower people are also all free to reply.

Look: y'all are busy. It's not my job to harass you about posting. If you want this to survive, you'll participate, that's all.

I'll send out the TGs.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:27 pm

I hate double-posting, but why not institute a time-skip, and allow the plot to advance without the inactive characters? Perhaps their characters are all on personal business, or they could be recovering from the skirmish with the Thomsons and the Scotts.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:34 pm

The inactive characters are most of the characters we have left. I'm prepared to wait, but there would be precious little point in trying to continue without them. A story about a clan can't be told with four PCs.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:09 pm

I need one of the tower people to post before I can do anything.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:The inactive characters are most of the characters we have left. I'm prepared to wait, but there would be precious little point in trying to continue without them. A story about a clan can't be told with four PCs.

I TG'ed Rup, Nat, and Grey. Nat said he's a bit busy until Christmas, Grey said he'd post soon, and Rup never got back to me.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:14 am

This would be a damn fine Telltale Game, now that I think about it.

Cylarn wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:The inactive characters are most of the characters we have left. I'm prepared to wait, but there would be precious little point in trying to continue without them. A story about a clan can't be told with four PCs.

I TG'ed Rup, Nat, and Grey. Nat said he's a bit busy until Christmas, Grey said he'd post soon, and Rup never got back to me.

I am currently developing a post and it should be up soon.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:39 am

I'll post this weekend most like. If not, Monday.

Goodbye.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:14 am

Outstanding, fellas.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:18 pm

While working on a post, which I assure you will be a doozy, decided to pair up our characters with HBO actors.

Charles Dance - Blind Hamish
Peter Dinklage - Iron Kenneth
Jerome Flynn - Robert
Margaret John - Mither Lileas
Rory McCann - Wolfen Willie

All I can think of at the moment.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:23 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:While working on a post, which I assure you will be a doozy, decided to pair up our characters with HBO actors.

Jerome Flynn - Robert

While that's fucking awesome, Kenenth is more of a Liam Cunningham.

Goodbye.

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:While working on a post, which I assure you will be a doozy, decided to pair up our characters with HBO actors.

Jerome Flynn - Robert

While that's fucking awesome, Kenenth is more of a Liam Cunningham.

I have no idea why I read that as "Hamish," but I was about to list a number of reasons Charles Dance would make a damn fine Blind Hamish. >.>

Personally, I think Red Duncan has a Cunningham(ish) nature about him.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:While that's fucking awesome, Kenenth is more of a Liam Cunningham.

I have no idea why I read that as "Hamish," but I was about to list a number of reasons Charles Dance would make a damn fine Blind Hamish. >.>

We must thus compromise and make everyone Mark Addy.

Goodbye.

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:

We must thus compromise and make everyone Mark Addy.

This raises unfortunate implications about the Eliot women.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:26 am

I could see Roger or Hamish being played by Christopher Lee.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Cylarn wrote:I could see Roger or Hamish being played by Christopher Lee.

Impossible; Christopher Lee is too English not to immediately to become a milkdrinker.

Goodbye.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Norv, I'll give you this - you're the first man to ever make me Google how to escape a bog.

Goodbye.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Norv, I'll give you this - you're the first man to ever make me Google how to escape a bog.

I try, Nat: I try.

So two things happened. First, this got nominated for a ton of awards, much to my surprise. Second, Nat posted, to my equal surprise. And so I thought I'd see whether or not y'all are still interest in continuing this.

To that end, here are the people who have posted since I last did so: Cylarn, Patton, and Nat. Good on ye. Your duty is done.

Here are the people who need to post, and what they need to reply to.

• Grey Wolf, as Wolfen Willie, replying to Fleetfoot Marcas here.
  • Grey Wolf, as Robert, responding to me here and Job here.
  • NEI, as Clever Duff, responding to me here and Job here.
  • Rup, as Rory, responding to Nat here.
  • Rup, as Moira, responding to me here.
  • Ev, as Fiona, responding to me here; albeit that she hasn't logged on in most of a month.
  • Aurin, as Isobel, responding to me here.

I think that's it; let me know if I've forgotten you, and I'll add you to one of the lists.

Obviously, if any of the many, many originally active players who have since dropped this decide to return, they are also welcome; just post here, and I'll give you things to do.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:28 pm

I'd be interested in getting back into this, but with a new semester about to start (featuring nineteen credit hours!), I'm reluctant to affirmatively say, "yes, I can participate in this" when the reality might end up being different. But tentatively, I'd like to get involved here again if I could.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:41 am

Astrolinium wrote:I'd be interested in getting back into this, but with a new semester about to start (featuring nineteen credit hours!), I'm reluctant to affirmatively say, "yes, I can participate in this" when the reality might end up being different. But tentatively, I'd like to get involved here again if I could.

I'd be more than happy to have you back in whatever capacity you can manage. Basically, the Elliot men raided the Scotts, were ambushed in keeping with Maisie's prophetic dream, and scattered into the night; they are now in three main groups, all of which are within sight of Harelaw, two of which still face obstacles in making it home.

The women, on the other hand, stayed at Harelaw with the old men and the wee bairns, and they were attacked by Kinmont Willie, whom I quite bluntly foreshadowed somewhere in the first clan council. He was a scary lunatic, screaming about arcane artifacts that he believed the Elliots to possess. The women managed to delay him, and in the end - at Isobel's suggestion - Mither Lileas killed herself as an offering to the Fae Folk to drive the Kinmont away. Dying, she announced: "When the dawn comes, the shelly-coats will show ye the way."

This may or may not have worked, since Thomas Dacre promptly showed up with a Hot Trod chasing the Kinmont, and forced him away into the night. The Dacre of Carlisle then warned the Elliots that unless they gave up Clever Duff, who killed his son, they would be next on his hit list. The English reivers then left, and there the situation stands.

Cracked Maisie would have been at the tower, with the women. She would be responding, like everyone else, to Dacre's departure. If you feel the need for something more dramatic to mark your reentry into the plot, TG me, and we'll work out some vision to supplement Lileas' dying words.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:46 am

Reverend Norv wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Norv, I'll give you this - you're the first man to ever make me Google how to escape a bog.

I try, Nat: I try.

So two things happened. First, this got nominated for a ton of awards, much to my surprise. Second, Nat posted, to my equal surprise. And so I thought I'd see whether or not y'all are still interest in continuing this.

To that end, here are the people who have posted since I last did so: Cylarn, Patton, and Nat. Good on ye. Your duty is done.

Here are the people who need to post, and what they need to reply to.

• Grey Wolf, as Wolfen Willie, replying to Fleetfoot Marcas here.
  • Grey Wolf, as Robert, responding to me here and Job here.
  • NEI, as Clever Duff, responding to me here and Job here.
  • Rup, as Rory, responding to Nat here.
  • Rup, as Moira, responding to me here.
  • Ev, as Fiona, responding to me here; albeit that she hasn't logged on in most of a month.
  • Aurin, as Isobel, responding to me here.

I think that's it; let me know if I've forgotten you, and I'll add you to one of the lists.

Obviously, if any of the many, many originally active players who have since dropped this decide to return, they are also welcome; just post here, and I'll give you things to do.

D'you want me to TG them?

Goodbye.

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:59 am

Alright, shall post today.

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Evraim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 am

The Grey Wolf wrote:Alright, shall post today.

Me too. :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse