NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: A New Era(OOC, Signups, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we skip to the end of the day?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes : 50

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Lorellion wrote:All are accepted! I'll get the IP up in the morning hopefully!

Due to time zone differences, how many hours would it be until morning?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Lorellion wrote:All are accepted! I'll get the IP up in the morning hopefully!

Thank you
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

New Armarzia
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Armarzia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:04 pm

So I didn't put a house in my app stating I would be fine with whatever house needed a person most, so which house do you think that would be?
Last edited by God on Mon Jan 1, 0000, 0:00 AM, edited infinite times in total.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Memories of The Forgotten Please check it out if you are interested in STALKER or an RP with a post-apocalyptic vibe.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:36 am

There was a different Harry Potter related RP on this forum once, and I quite loved it while it lasted, but due to circumstances I don't quite remember it died. So I'll definitely be joining!

I'll probably make multiple students. Back in the day I only made one, but I have a hard time making only one character in RP's like school RP's now. Typically because I have too many ideas, or want to throw in other RP characters of mine from different RP's into a school scenario instead.

I feel like making some sort of teacher as well, but I always feel like I do a sloppy job at authority figures in RP's...

Anyway, for the fun of it, here's a really detailed Hogwarts House Quiz I found a while back!

Back in the day I was Hufflepuff, but I was like 14 or 15 then. I may have changed by now...
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 am

What teachers do we need? I may or may not make one.
Times are looking grim these days~

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:31 am

New Armarzia wrote:So I didn't put a house in my app stating I would be fine with whatever house needed a person most, so which house do you think that would be?

Come to Hufflepuff.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:39 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
New Armarzia wrote:So I didn't put a house in my app stating I would be fine with whatever house needed a person most, so which house do you think that would be?

Come to Hufflepuff.

Hufflepuff's for the win!

Where I got that quiz I posted above from, like everybody who responded to it, who were in some guild on a video game I used to play, were Hufflepuff. I think Hufflepuff is full of all the nicest people.
My Last.FM and RYM

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:40 am

Novacom wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
It didn't exactly last long and was eventually scrapped after just 1 year... but still, what on earth were they thinking...

Maybe they were thinking of renaming the school to Deathwarts?

*hands you some anti-wart cream*
Yeah those are why I don't go down town anymore.

Actually, the dark arts are still considered magic, so the purposes for teaching it may have sounded very nice at the time to a wizard seeking mastery of all subjects. Though a bit counter intuitive over all as that is like training a dog to be house broken yet not really caring if it uses the bathroom outside or inside.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:54 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:Really? They give a lot of detail, are you just looking at the wand page?

this one details the cores: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Supreme_Cores
This gives a list of the woods, check out the individual pages for characteristics: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Wand_woods

I was just looking at the wand page. Thank you.

You can also get pretty creative, my character's is made out of bone instead of wood thus I imagine his would probably be unyielding and only good at magic intended to wound, harm, kill, or maim the target. While the core is thestral hair, which is also said to be the same. In other words, he will do amazingly in DADA class, but the rest will be a major pain. Usually wand type with either parallel or perpendicular the wizard's attitude. Someone who loves gardening would get one of the basic cores depending on their mental state, a more caring person usually ends up with unicorn hair while dragon heartstring goes to those with a rather cold heart or outgoing personalty. As far as the wood goes first would be their age, and then what kind of person they are and will be. This part is less essential than the wand core so you can go nuts with it. The wand though is said to be an extension of the wizard, so it must truly be unique as no two people are alike, no two wands are alike. There is another verse of this school of thought though, wands have at times chosen wizards who seemed to not fit them, one example was a boy of meek and rather gentle holdings being chosen by a yew and dragon heartstring? Might have been phoenix feather, either or. He was originally a pretty good kid, later grew up to more outgoing and less soft spoken, more like a thorn in most peoples ears if you ask me.

Did not intend that to be a dang essay, my apologies...
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:57 am

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:I was just looking at the wand page. Thank you.

You can also get pretty creative, my character's is made out of bone instead of wood thus I imagine his would probably be unyielding and only good at magic intended to wound, harm, kill, or maim the target. While the core is thestral hair, which is also said to be the same. In other words, he will do amazingly in DADA class, but the rest will be a major pain. Usually wand type with either parallel or perpendicular the wizard's attitude. Someone who loves gardening would get one of the basic cores depending on their mental state, a more caring person usually ends up with unicorn hair while dragon heartstring goes to those with a rather cold heart or outgoing personalty. As far as the wood goes first would be their age, and then what kind of person they are and will be. This part is less essential than the wand core so you can go nuts with it. The wand though is said to be an extension of the wizard, so it must truly be unique as no two people are alike, no two wands are alike. There is another verse of this school of thought though, wands have at times chosen wizards who seemed to not fit them, one example was a boy of meek and rather gentle holdings being chosen by a yew and dragon heartstring? Might have been phoenix feather, either or. He was originally a pretty good kid, later grew up to more outgoing and less soft spoken, more like a thorn in most peoples ears if you ask me.

I wonder what Rainbow Eucalyptus wood and Unicorn hair would be good for :P

Or ebony wood with whomping willow ash as the core......

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:59 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:You can also get pretty creative, my character's is made out of bone instead of wood thus I imagine his would probably be unyielding and only good at magic intended to wound, harm, kill, or maim the target. While the core is thestral hair, which is also said to be the same. In other words, he will do amazingly in DADA class, but the rest will be a major pain. Usually wand type with either parallel or perpendicular the wizard's attitude. Someone who loves gardening would get one of the basic cores depending on their mental state, a more caring person usually ends up with unicorn hair while dragon heartstring goes to those with a rather cold heart or outgoing personalty. As far as the wood goes first would be their age, and then what kind of person they are and will be. This part is less essential than the wand core so you can go nuts with it. The wand though is said to be an extension of the wizard, so it must truly be unique as no two people are alike, no two wands are alike. There is another verse of this school of thought though, wands have at times chosen wizards who seemed to not fit them, one example was a boy of meek and rather gentle holdings being chosen by a yew and dragon heartstring? Might have been phoenix feather, either or. He was originally a pretty good kid, later grew up to more outgoing and less soft spoken, more like a thorn in most peoples ears if you ask me.

I wonder what Rainbow Eucalyptus wood and Unicorn hair would be good for :P

Hmm, first one sounds like the perfect wand for Elton John.
The latter sounds like a can a whomp-ass if I may say so. I do not believe WW ash is in my book, but allow me to find out what it does :P one momento please.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:00 am

Terintania wrote:I wonder what Rainbow Eucalyptus wood and Unicorn hair would be good for :P

Hmm, first one sounds like the perfect wand for Elton John.
The latter sounds like a can a whomp-ass if I may say so. I do not believe WW ash is in my book, but allow me to find out what it does :P one momento please.

I don't know who Elton John is :P

I made up the Whomping Willow ash thing, so, yeah.

Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:01 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Hmm, first one sounds like the perfect wand for Elton John.

One does not simply not know who Elton John is
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:01 am

Toronina wrote:
Terintania wrote:I don't know who Elton John is :P

One does not simply not know who Elton John is

I know the name, but I don't really know anything about him.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:05 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Hmm, first one sounds like the perfect wand for Elton John.

<.< I may not agree with the guy so much politically, but he is pretty freaking awesome as a musician, look up Elton John on wikipedia

Well the WW (abbreviated because I know my computer will autocorrect it and piss me off at some point) is insanely aggressive and relentless. So using its ashes as a core might correlate to an understanding of herbology, good power aka skill in DADA, and override the rest of the wands components giving it an unyielding status due to just the primal power of the WW. You can of course disagree, but I think that would be a pretty interesting combo ^.^ though that would suck if a meek timid person had that, their own wand would beat them senseless- or i guess whomp them to death, even worse.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:07 am

I'm surprised no one's said anything about my interests yet. :P
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:07 am

Terintania wrote:I don't know who Elton John is :P

<.< I may not agree with the guy so much politically, but he is pretty freaking awesome as a musician, look up Elton John on wikipedia

Well the WW (abbreviated because I know my computer will autocorrect it and piss me off at some point) is insanely aggressive and relentless. So using its ashes as a core might correlate to an understanding of herbology, good power aka skill in DADA, and override the rest of the wands components giving it an unyielding status due to just the primal power of the WW. You can of course disagree, but I think that would be a pretty interesting combo ^.^ though that would suck if a meek timid person had that, their own wand would beat them senseless- or i guess whomp them to death, even worse.

I think I like that. My character with that wand isn't at all meek or timid, so I think it should work well.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:08 am

Terintania wrote:
Toronina wrote:One does not simply not know who Elton John is

I know the name, but I don't really know anything about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John
He is basically the coolest pop singer ever. This is the guy that was best friends with Princess Diana and probably still has the tiara she gave him, though he might have donated it to her foundation. The wikipedia page knows more than I do probably, he is a controversial guy for a good many people, but he wrote some kickass tunes. Rocket Man, Tiny Dancer, and Don't Bring Me Down were all done by him.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:10 am

Terintania wrote:I know the name, but I don't really know anything about him.

He is basically the coolest pop singer ever. This is the guy that was best friends with Princess Diana and probably still has the tiara she gave him, though he might have donated it to her foundation. The wikipedia page knows more than I do probably, he is a controversial guy for a good many people, but he wrote some kickass tunes. Rocket Man, Tiny Dancer, and Don't Bring Me Down were all done by him.

I don't find him any good myself, but I do admit that he had a few songs that changed the pop genre in a revolutionary fashion.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:11 am

Terintania wrote:I know the name, but I don't really know anything about him.

Probably not my kind of music, but that's just my opinion. I might check out that page later. Busy doing other things right now.

Thanks, though.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:11 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:<.< I may not agree with the guy so much politically, but he is pretty freaking awesome as a musician, look up Elton John on wikipedia

I think I like that. My character with that wand isn't at all meek or timid, so I think it should work well.

Don't worry mine is weak, shy, kind of a pushover. But I figured not a lot of wizards follow the route of their wand changing them instead of the reverse. Problem is last wand that did that was Voldermort's, and my characters is basically only good for dueling magic...
Sh*t I made Voldermort! Might need to edit that app... <.<
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 am

So far I'm gonna have a super happy hyperactive 11-year old and some strange 11-year old. But I want to make a student that ISN'T a first year as well.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 am

Terintania wrote:I think I like that. My character with that wand isn't at all meek or timid, so I think it should work well.

Don't worry mine is weak, shy, kind of a pushover. But I figured not a lot of wizards follow the route of their wand changing them instead of the reverse. Problem is last wand that did that was Voldermort's, and my characters is basically only good for dueling magic...
Sh*t I made Voldermort! Might need to edit that app... <.<

Maybe he can learn from Voldamort's mistakes :P

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 am

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John

Probably not my kind of music, but that's just my opinion. I might check out that page later. Busy doing other things right now.

Thanks, though.

You're welcome, he is a pretty cool guy. Yeah you kids now probably listen to just "Dubstep" :P
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:15 am

Terintania wrote:Probably not my kind of music, but that's just my opinion. I might check out that page later. Busy doing other things right now.

Thanks, though.

You're welcome, he is a pretty cool guy. Yeah you kids now probably listen to just "Dubstep" :P

Aren't you the same age as me? :P

I don't listen to much dubstep, though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse