NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout New Vegas: The New Mojave Wasteland OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

What Next?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 am

Continue the RP
100%
Go Our Separate Ways
No votes
Time jump a couple Years and have Caesars Legion return
No votes

Total votes : 5

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Alouite wrote:In Reference to NAR's request for my characters pictures:

Sam: (Image)

Jacob (Formerly Jason): (Image)

John (Formerly Jean): http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/The+Pacific+Premiere+GL10f92rsBDx.jpg

Susan Madison: (Image)
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Alouite wrote:
The NAR wrote:Right, right. We got dat alien death ray tho

I don't think Mothership Zeta should be part of our canon personally, it is pointless. And that's not from any perspective other than a lore quality one. That's just because if we let Zeta be canon then we'd have to assume that from time to time extra terrestrial events would occur. And whereas before factions were to small to care, now there would be too much interest in aliens in the RP. Hell, Shepard could've been on Zeta, but the Brotherhood running it isn't reasonable.

That was mostly a joke, though we need to have something so you can't nuke the Capital Wasteland.
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Last edited by Commonwealth of Hank the Cat on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Gunna place my app for future reference...

Name: Quinlan Bishop
Appearance: Image
Political Alignment: Aligned fully in the NCR, as a Lieutenant in the Infantry. Against the FVA, BOS, and any faction that isn't included in the NCR territory.
40 Points to assign (Take Note that 0 = Extreme Weakness in Category, 1-2 = Below Average, 3-5 = Average, 6-7 = Above Average, 8-9 = Outstanding in Category, 10+ = Benchmark in Category)

Strength: 2
Perception: 5
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 7
Luck: 6

Skills: Napoleonic War Scholar/Tactical Genius: This character has read up on Napoleon Bonaparte, and takes inspiration from his tactics as an officer.
Great Organizer: Knows how to organize his men, and keep things running efficiently.
Good Leadership: This character knows how to inspire his men, and keep a crowd interested in what he says.
Deceptive: This character knows how to get what he wants, but can act friendly at all times. Allows him to keep low-profiles when he wants.

Weaknesses: Physically Weak: Can only carry limited amounts of equipment like his weapons, while having others do heavier lifting of big guns, and logistical equipment.
Ambitious: Although he is fully capable of doing great things, he can get over ambitious in some aspects and may overextend his force.
Weapons: Ranger Sequoia and Hunting rifle
Other Items: Bishop wears a tan old-ww2 style general outfit as shown in his picture, with a custom pipe in which he made from the wood of some of the trees when in the Mojave. He is also equipped with brown combat boots for walking, a long ranger-like overcoat, his Lieutenant hat, and a duty belt around his waist that holds his holster for his pistols, with a rifle slot on the back to hold his hunting rifle. Along with a few extra places on his duty belt to hold ammunition, and small items such as bottle caps. He also carries a small sack to which he holds on his back to try and get stronger, while carrying very limited amounts of items.
Bio (Minimum of 7-10 sentences and basic comprehension of grammar and logic): Quinlan was born in Shady Sands years before the Mojave occupation started. When he was young, he was constantly in awe of the NCR rangers and hoped to join the ranks of the elite division. When he was seventeen, Aaron Kimbell was elected president of the NCR and announced operations to begin in the Mojave. Quinlan went down to his nearest recruiting station to signup, but was rejected from joining the NCR rangers and drafted instead into the NCR Army. This made him bitter, but he used this opportunity to learn as much as he could about warfare in order to out perform the NCR Rangers who rejected him at the station, in order to make the regular NCR Army the most feared thing in the wasteland, to which the Rangers were just a part of. This is how he came across books about Napoleon Bonaparte, as during his tour with the NCR Army he continued to visit libraries and try and get a hold of old military history books. In 2276, he was promoted to the rank of Corporal, during the Brotherhood-NCR War. Quinlan actually rounded up a few soldiers during the assault on HELIOS One, that managed to break through the Brotherhoods ranks by luring them out of the building and having them slaughtered by the main Army. This leadership ability was recognized and he was soon promoted to Sergeant. He continued to perform in his best capacity, and when the First Battle of Hoover Dam was fought, his leadership abilities again proved worthwhile and they made him an officer at the rank of Lieutenant. Ever since the withdraw of NCR forces from the Mojave, Quinlan grew restless with the political turmoil and has grown distrustful of the NCR actually being the power it needs. Quinlan believes that he is the Napoleon of the United States, and has based his 100 troops that he was given to command as Lieutenant out of the Hopeville Missile Base, gaining their strength and preparing to embark on a journey to make the NCR great again. Only this time...under new leadership.
Questions:

[****Keep For Tracking****]

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:20 pm

The NAR wrote:
Alouite wrote:I don't think Mothership Zeta should be part of our canon personally, it is pointless. And that's not from any perspective other than a lore quality one. That's just because if we let Zeta be canon then we'd have to assume that from time to time extra terrestrial events would occur. And whereas before factions were to small to care, now there would be too much interest in aliens in the RP. Hell, Shepard could've been on Zeta, but the Brotherhood running it isn't reasonable.

That was mostly a joke, though we need to have something so you can't nuke the Capital Wasteland.

How about this:

OP Ruling 1 of the New RP, Nuclear Proliferation is not allowed. Threats can be made, but nuclear warfare is not an option to be used on any major PC settlement in the game. Also, nuking DC won't be brought up unless the conflict gets way worse, we don't want anyone knowing about our nukes for now.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Just to check, Nar, I understand that in the current edition of the rp Shepard is canonly Castors grandson. But he didn't know that until much later in the rp. Would you like that to continue in the reboot?

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Cainesland wrote:Just to check, Nar, I understand that in the current edition of the rp Shepard is canonly Castors grandson. But he didn't know that until much later in the rp. Would you like that to continue in the reboot?

Oh yes let's have them figure that out.

Have Castor be looking through old files about his family and such and learn that his son, James, died in the Capital Wasteland but had a son that finished his work or something like that
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:40 pm

What else I need:

Short Character bios, and their nicknames

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:43 pm

The NAR wrote:What else I need:

Short Bio's are included in the app, you can add a nickname field if you want. We could just use the apps for ours.
Last edited by Alouite on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hyman Minsky

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Alouite wrote:

Short Bio's are included in the app, you can add a nickname field if you want. We could just use the apps for ours.

I need shorter bios, with descriptions of their current roles. That's it.

And like Shepard, "Lone Wanderer"

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:47 pm

The NAR wrote:
Alouite wrote:Short Bio's are included in the app, you can add a nickname field if you want. We could just use the apps for ours.

I need shorter bios, with descriptions of their current roles. That's it.

Why not just use the apps? I mean they are our PCs so there's no point of not just going ahead and making apps for our own characters for others to model theirs off of.
Hyman Minsky

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Alouite wrote:
The NAR wrote:I need shorter bios, with descriptions of their current roles. That's it.

Why not just use the apps? I mean they are our PCs so there's no point of not just going ahead and making apps for our own characters for others to model theirs off of.

Once I finish with Shepard you'll see what I mean.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Also the app you pasted in the OP is not fully there, the name and SPECIAL info box are missing.
Hyman Minsky

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Alouite wrote:Also the app you pasted in the OP is not fully there, the name and SPECIAL info box are missing.

No it's all there

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Check out Shepard's tab on the "Important Characters" section. That's what I want for all of them.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:03 pm

The NAR wrote:
Alouite wrote:Also the app you pasted in the OP is not fully there, the name and SPECIAL info box are missing.

No it's all there

Wrong this is what you put in the code box: (Though the Special box is working, my bad there)

Appearance:
Political Alignment: (Towards which faction are you leaning or aligned with. Tell us how muc you support that faction here, ex. Leaning towards supporting the FRoM, Brotherhood, Neutral, etc.)
40 Points to assign (Take Note that 0 = Extreme Weakness in Category, 1-2 = Below Average, 3-5 = Average, 6-7 = Above Average, 8-9 = Outstanding in Category, 10+ = Benchmark in Category)

Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:

Skills: (List at least four, they can be related to SPECIAL stats)
Weaknesses: (List at least two, they don't have to be major, and are recommended to be related to SPECIAL stats)
Weapons:
Other Items: (Clothing, Food, Gear, Gadgets, Bottlecaps and other personal or valuable resources on person)
Bio (Minimum of 7-10 sentences and basic comprehension of grammar and logic):
Questions:

[****Keep For Tracking****]
Last edited by Alouite on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyman Minsky

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Fixed

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:51 am

The NAR wrote:
Alouite wrote:I don't think Mothership Zeta should be part of our canon personally, it is pointless. And that's not from any perspective other than a lore quality one. That's just because if we let Zeta be canon then we'd have to assume that from time to time extra terrestrial events would occur. And whereas before factions were to small to care, now there would be too much interest in aliens in the RP. Hell, Shepard could've been on Zeta, but the Brotherhood running it isn't reasonable.

There is also the fact that mothership zeta is a canon storyline, as well as aliens in general in every game since fallout 3.
In new vegas they are near a cow farm, in fallout 4 its a crashed alien spaceship and a alien captain you have to kill in a cave.

Aliens are a cannon thing in fallout. I have been told by multiple people that we are playing this canon-wise. By the books. So aliens count.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:54 am

Alouite wrote:

Uhh you do realize we already have apps up right? We don't need to make new ones. That would just be wasting space.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:59 am

Ameige wrote:
Alouite wrote:Short Bio's are included in the app, you can add a nickname field if you want. We could just use the apps for ours.

Uhh you do realize we already have apps up right? We don't need to make new ones. That would just be wasting space.

No the most important characters to the story have a sections on the OP

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:04 am

The NAR wrote:
Ameige wrote:

No the most important characters to the story have a sections on the OP

Oh. Well until the reboot happens I don't think any of my characters fall under that. So I'll just leave you guys to that OP thing then.
I'll be over here if you need me.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:07 am

Ooh and regarding my enclave/vault-tec ghoul character... since the capital wasteland doesn't seem like it's going to be a major part in the reboot aside from the whole shepard thing, can I switch him over to the Mojave? I only created him to try to see if I could get some character to become the new president of the capital wasteland chapter of the enclave. But that's not going to happen now and I don't want him to just go to waste.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:19 am

Ameige wrote:Ooh and regarding my enclave/vault-tec ghoul character... since the capital wasteland doesn't seem like it's going to be a major part in the reboot aside from the whole shepard thing, can I switch him over to the Mojave? I only created him to try to see if I could get some character to become the new president of the capital wasteland chapter of the enclave. But that's not going to happen now and I don't want him to just go to waste.

I guess but the Enclave only has 3 members now

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:36 am

The NAR wrote:
Ameige wrote:Ooh and regarding my enclave/vault-tec ghoul character... since the capital wasteland doesn't seem like it's going to be a major part in the reboot aside from the whole shepard thing, can I switch him over to the Mojave? I only created him to try to see if I could get some character to become the new president of the capital wasteland chapter of the enclave. But that's not going to happen now and I don't want him to just go to waste.

I guess but the Enclave only has 3 members now

Well the remnants yeah. I kinda figured that colonel taliyn talked to over a radio before heading into zion canyon and that enclave soldier that handed her the radio, might still be a thing in the reboot. But yeah, face-to-face wise she will probably not run into very many other enclave members.

And I think, with the known enclave members being so few, my enclave ghoul guy will probably not worry about enclave that much and just focus on rebuilding
vault-tec's image.
Last edited by Ameige on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:41 am

Ameige wrote:
The NAR wrote:I guess but the Enclave only has 3 members now

Well the remnants yeah. I kinda figured that colonel taliyn talked to over a radio before heading into zion canyon and that enclave soldier that handed her the radio, might still be a thing in the reboot. But yeah, face-to-face wise she will probably not run into very many other enclave members.

And I think, with the known enclave members being so few, my enclave ghoul guy will probably not worry about enclave that much and just focus on rebuilding
vault-tec's image.

You can't rebuild Vault-Tec's image. Shepard has seen firsthand what Vault-Tec has done.

Taliyn could come work with the Brotherhood

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse