NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:28 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Plant experiments gone wrong!

Mayhem in the apartment!

Will the building dwellers successfully put down the raging plats or with they all be turned into the opposite gender?!

Kale's Accident: Oh God Not Again!

Coming to a theater near you!

See, this is good. Get the ideas out!

I've been playing with the idea of having something that brings back Kathandra (Gio's brother's fiancee) for some sort of situation that forces Gio to actually work with her future sister-in-law and become close with her. It would only bring in Kathy herself, so the two can actually play off one another without interference or medium.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:30 pm

Cerillium wrote:TNEL:
Words have an effect, for good or for bad. Temper tantrums aimed at people won't solve anything. Temper tantrums aimed at a much-loved PL participant will result in OP rancor.

We had a major NS event yesterday. No time could be spared to settle the "PL status" thing although your appeal was noted the first time. Unbeknownst to you, some of us were extremely tied up with the event (we have more than one nation outside of PL/TAB and hold positions in other regions or else were part of a task force). One CoOP (the region founder) gave it her best shot. I didn't find out the circumstances regarding the IRC until tonight.

It's up to the group to decide. Some will instantly grant a second chance. Some will take offense at your inability to see anything but your own desires, and others will be angry because of what was said to Swith.

I'm not a guidance councilor and I don't possess Swith's ability to clearly see into behaviors. I'm too Eastern in thought to be of help. I can tell you that you tend to wear blinders. You fail to see the bigger picture when something you enjoy is compromised. You become aggressive and bristle. Those are natural behaviors. However, lashing out and badgering, bullying or making extremely negative statements only compounds the problem.

Aye. I'm unbelievably short-sighted when it comes to that. I'll admit, that's one of my flaws (so numerous one could practically suffocate in them), as I take any sort of slight as a personal attack.

Once more, I forget everyone else has a life outside of slapping hands on the keyboard and going on an internet crusade whenever they're offended, and I find myself once more in another sleigh-ride down a bumped hill headed straight towards a wood-chipper. (Sorry, that was a bit of an off analogy. I'm self-destructive.), but I want to avert the course this time if I can actually have the chance. I've completely screwed over myself with the overly-passionate behavior in the past. It happened with the Wombat in early 2013, and I've done it a forum before.

I suppose I'll make an appeal here, and make it less... selfish, I suppose.

Alright, I'll confess I was being an unbelievable and irredeemable complete and utter idiot, IRC and otherwise last night. I do that. Consider it a TNEL trademark by now. It's something I work through, day by day, and it's a nightmare. I'm aware none of you have seen this, but six years ago? I was in a rather similar position. Trying to keep myself afloat and in a group I sincerely adored after I had offended them all with my idiotic crusades... Didn't work out, mind you, but after my initial fit of screaming, ranting, and crying, I grew over it. Thought it over. Maybe I was being an absolute idiot. So I decided to try and suppress that. Which I have, for the most part, though not very well, as it slips... which you've all seen.

If you want me out, I would understand entirely. Perhaps some time to myself is what I'd need, and honestly, I might agree with you on that. I might take up a side-project, kick my boots around somewhere else. Assuming you'd be willing to take me back or keep me around, I'd be willing to try and make up for my complete and utter stupidity. And next time I start going on a crusade, I promise I'll... I don't know, cut the internet off.

I know words don't speak as loudly as actions, but... well, words are the only thing I can use at the moment.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:31 pm

I wanted to do a Silent Hill thing with Brit but uh....yeah, not so easy...
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:33 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:Yes, I do off the wall stuff that is designed to be unintrusive. My Raptor-vasion plans were made on the assumption that they have to fail which why it was so easy. I like writing villains, I just know that at the end of the day the heroes are going to have to beat the shit out of my characters and all damage needs a "reverse the polarity" switch. Raptor-vasion 2 is on a very slow boil and not set in stone as the right time never comes to enact it and nobody is investigating it.

I try to keep that original spirit with my characters even though now they are bigger than planned. The power at their clawtips is greater than it has ever been, and they spend their time drinking and making conversation. I find that really funny, but it may be time to flex those muscles a bit as that hasn't happened in a long while.

I just need something new to do, done time travel, done parallel universes, did a heist, did a prison escape, sorta did one mystery. Still have the murder-mystery unsolved.

Know what I miss? Clones. I miss those. I miss the attempts to break into Bones' apartment. I miss the bachelor NVE in his tiny apartment with a talking head in the fridge and high hopes on his sleeve. I miss livers and spleens. I miss seeing little gods hugging scaly snouts.

My god. We should just uproot the lot of you and send you tumbling back in time. This. Can. Be.

...once I have slept.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:34 pm

Monfrox wrote:I wanted to do a Silent Hill thing with Brit but uh....yeah, not so easy...

So we're gonna need a mass murderer in PL :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:Know what I miss? Clones. I miss those. I miss the attempts to break into Bones' apartment. I miss the bachelor NVE in his tiny apartment with a talking head in the fridge and high hopes on his sleeve. I miss livers and spleens. I miss seeing little gods hugging scaly snouts.

My god. We should just uproot the lot of you and send you tumbling back in time. This. Can. Be.

...once I have slept.

Oh hell...I gotta go back to being a zombie vampire neko....

The Carlisle wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I wanted to do a Silent Hill thing with Brit but uh....yeah, not so easy...

So we're gonna need a mass murderer in PL :p

Ehhhh....not exactly a mass murderer. Not many real people died in the Silent Hill games.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:38 pm

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:Aye. I'm unbelievably short-sighted when it comes to that. I'll admit, that's one of my flaws (so numerous one could practically suffocate in them), as I take any sort of slight as a personal attack.

Once more, I forget everyone else has a life outside of slapping hands on the keyboard and going on an internet crusade whenever they're offended, and I find myself once more in another sleigh-ride down a bumped hill headed straight towards a wood-chipper. (Sorry, that was a bit of an off analogy. I'm self-destructive.), but I want to avert the course this time if I can actually have the chance. I've completely screwed over myself with the overly-passionate behavior in the past. It happened with the Wombat in early 2013, and I've done it a forum before.

Alright, I'll confess I was being an unbelievable and irredeemable complete and utter idiot, IRC and otherwise last night. I do that. Consider it a TNEL trademark by now. It's something I work through, day by day, and it's a nightmare. I'm aware none of you have seen this, but six years ago? I was in a rather similar position. Trying to keep myself afloat and in a group I sincerely adored after I had offended them all with my idiotic crusades... Didn't work out, mind you, but after my initial fit of screaming, ranting, and crying, I grew over it. Thought it over. Maybe I was being an absolute idiot. So I decided to try and suppress that. Which I have, for the most part, though not very well, as it slips... which you've all seen.

If you want me out, I would understand entirely. Perhaps some time to myself is what I'd need, and honestly, I might agree with you on that. I might take up a side-project, kick my boots around somewhere else. Assuming you'd be willing to take me back or keep me around, I'd be willing to try and make up for my complete and utter stupidity. And next time I start going on a crusade, I promise I'll... I don't know, cut the internet off.

I know words don't speak as loudly as actions, but... well, words are the only thing I can use at the moment.

Very few are asked to leave and never to return. Mon left and we welcomed him back with open arms. Tsu left and is preparing to return once more.

I believe that a person should step away when things drop to this level. Departure means a chance to analyze.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:39 pm

Cerillium wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:Aye. I'm unbelievably short-sighted when it comes to that. I'll admit, that's one of my flaws (so numerous one could practically suffocate in them), as I take any sort of slight as a personal attack.

Very few are asked to leave and never to return. Mon left and we welcomed him back with open arms. Tsu left and is preparing to return once more.

I believe that a person should step away when things drop to this level. Departure means a chance to analyze.

True, but I'm fairly sure Mon and Tsu didn't do something so monumentally stupid.

Might I park my characters for about 2-3 weeks, perhaps mull things over for a while?
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:41 pm

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:True, but I'm fairly sure Mon and Tsu didn't do something so monumentally stupid.

Might I park my characters for about 2-3 weeks, perhaps mull things over for a while?

NO. IT WAS WORSE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Achievement

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Monfrox wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:True, but I'm fairly sure Mon and Tsu didn't do something so monumentally stupid.

Well if you're in size 200 you must be serious.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Monfrox wrote:

*bitching intensifies*
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:44 pm

Monfrox wrote:

Oh Mon. *picks up, pats back*

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, those were indeed some screwy times. We just don't bring them up anymore.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:44 pm

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:
Monfrox wrote:NO. IT WAS WORSE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

Well if you're in size 200 you must be serious.

I don't like to talk about it...

Thanks, Giov.

Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 pm

I'll add that it's up to the group. I'm doing this 1. to dispel any notions that people here don't have a say, and 2. because I did not personally witness the IRC.

I love my fennec, but even fennecs aren't perfect. There are three sides to every story and Swith can only tell her side. TNEL's side is the other side. Then there is the truth. It clings to no side because it concerns itself only with being true. I can only assess based on what I see. So far, I see TNEL wants a second chance and seems sorry to once again be at odds with a group..... but I don't see anything that says, "I'm sorry Swith."

My behavior costs me opportunities vs my behavior impacts others.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Cerillium wrote:I'll add that it's up to the group. I'm doing this 1. to dispel any notions that people here don't have a say, and 2. because I did not personally witness the IRC.

I love my fennec, but even fennecs aren't perfect. There are three sides to every story and Swith can only tell her side. TNEL's side is the other side. Then there is the truth. It clings to no side because it concerns itself only with being true. I can only assess based on what I see. So far, I see TNEL wants a second chance and seems sorry to once again be at odds with a group..... but I don't see anything that says, "I'm sorry Swith."

My behavior costs me opportunities vs my behavior impacts others.

I avoided saying that because I'm certain I'd find a way to fuck that up. I do sincerely feel terrible about that and I didn't intend to cause any emotional harm outside of my moronic fit. I don't have a much better way to put it, but I'll throw that in as well. I didn't intend to hurt Swith's feelings, I didn't intend to make anybody leave, and I didn't intend harm to a single soul. I grew impassioned over something when a smaller, calmer talk over it would've sufficed because I was trying to make it dramatic, and I didn't want that to happen, in hindsight.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:54 pm

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:I avoided saying that because I'm certain I'd find a way to fuck that up. I do sincerely feel terrible about that and I didn't intend to cause any emotional harm outside of my moronic fit. I don't have a much better way to put it, but I'll throw that in as well. I didn't intend to hurt Swith's feelings, I didn't intend to make anybody leave, and I didn't intend harm to a single soul. I grew impassioned over something when a smaller, calmer talk over it would've sufficed because I was trying to make it dramatic, and I didn't want that to happen, in hindsight.

It was pretty dramatic. Drama doesn't go over well in PL.

I still believe a break would be healthy for you. Recharge. Kick your boots around. Step away before things become toxic.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Cerillium wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:I avoided saying that because I'm certain I'd find a way to fuck that up. I do sincerely feel terrible about that and I didn't intend to cause any emotional harm outside of my moronic fit. I don't have a much better way to put it, but I'll throw that in as well. I didn't intend to hurt Swith's feelings, I didn't intend to make anybody leave, and I didn't intend harm to a single soul. I grew impassioned over something when a smaller, calmer talk over it would've sufficed because I was trying to make it dramatic, and I didn't want that to happen, in hindsight.

It was pretty dramatic. Drama doesn't go over well in PL.

I still believe a break would be healthy for you. Recharge. Kick your boots around. Step away before things become toxic.

Indeed.

Oui, same here. I was thinking F7, but... yeah, everyone's gone. Maybe I'll just stick to Confession Simulators on Youtube.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:58 pm

TNEL, in my experience, when we have problems in our communications with others, the best thing to do is to go spend some more time in the real world. Not only does text have problems conveying intent and tone, but when we can't physically look at ourselves and other people, it's very easy to imagine up a skewed perception of yourself as well. Consequences are not as immediate or evident in internet interactions, and thus are harder to learn from. When we talk to real people, we can read faces that give us warnings, here our own words and tone, and witness reactions, that tell us early on if we're freaking out. If your tantrums an issue, I think you need to step back and learn better social cues from scratch. Focus on the real world and learn how to tame yourself there, it's a much better classroom than this forum. Until you master that, I think you'll need to stay out of a playground where the rules of interaction are even more complex.

Basically what Cer said.
she/her

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Know what I miss? Clones. I miss those. I miss the attempts to break into Bones' apartment. I miss the bachelor NVE in his tiny apartment with a talking head in the fridge and high hopes on his sleeve. I miss livers and spleens. I miss seeing little gods hugging scaly snouts.

...once I have slept.

Oh hell...I gotta go back to being a zombie vampire neko....

The Carlisle wrote:So we're gonna need a mass murderer in PL :p

Ehhhh....not exactly a mass murderer. Not many real people died in the Silent Hill games.

Well I'm not 100% on my Silent Hill lore as I only seen snippets of the 1st, 2nd, and 4th game. So I'm not really qualified.

But still......
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:00 am

Giovenith wrote:TNEL, in my experience, when we have problems in our communications with others, the best thing to do is to go spend some more time in the real world. Not only does text have problems conveying intent and tone, but when we can't physically look at ourselves and other people, it's very easy to imagine up a skewed perception of yourself as well. Consequences are not as immediate or evident in internet interactions, and thus are harder to learn from. When we talk to real people, we can read faces that give us warnings, here our own words and tone, and witness reactions, that tell us early on if we're freaking out. If your tantrums an issue, I think you need to step back and learn better social cues from scratch. Focus on the real world and learn how to tame yourself there, it's a much better classroom than this forum. Until you master that, I think you'll need to stay out of a playground where the rules of interaction are even more complex.

Basically what Cer said.

Heh, the real world is kind of a bigger breeding ground for rage, if you ask me... High school and all that noise.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:03 am

The Carlisle wrote:Well I'm not 100% on my Silent Hill lore as I only seen snippets of the 1st, 2nd, and 4th game. So I'm not really qualified.

But still......

I played 2, 3, Origins, Shattered Memories, and Downpour.

Not very many real people were killed. Only a handful, and they were usually crazy or part of the Order.

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:Heh, the real world is kind of a bigger breeding ground for rage, if you ask me... High school and all that noise.

Take the opportunity. You can leave in a better manner than I did. You can still go home...
Last edited by Monfrox on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:04 am

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:
Giovenith wrote:TNEL, in my experience, when we have problems in our communications with others, the best thing to do is to go spend some more time in the real world. Not only does text have problems conveying intent and tone, but when we can't physically look at ourselves and other people, it's very easy to imagine up a skewed perception of yourself as well. Consequences are not as immediate or evident in internet interactions, and thus are harder to learn from. When we talk to real people, we can read faces that give us warnings, here our own words and tone, and witness reactions, that tell us early on if we're freaking out. If your tantrums an issue, I think you need to step back and learn better social cues from scratch. Focus on the real world and learn how to tame yourself there, it's a much better classroom than this forum. Until you master that, I think you'll need to stay out of a playground where the rules of interaction are even more complex.

Basically what Cer said.

Heh, the real world is kind of a bigger breeding ground for rage, if you ask me... High school and all that noise.

If you can learn to properly deal with the more physical intimidation of interaction, I would think it would thus transfer into better knowing how to remain calm on text. But most certainly if you can't do the former, you can't do the latter. Trust me that it's better to start making a change after one mistake than several. It shows initiative and seriousness about changing.
she/her

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:07 am

Giovenith wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:Heh, the real world is kind of a bigger breeding ground for rage, if you ask me... High school and all that noise.

If you can learn to properly deal with the more physical intimidation of interaction, I would think it would thus transfer into better knowing how to remain calm on text. But most certainly if you can't do the former, you can't do the latter. Trust me that it's better to start making a change after one mistake than several. It shows initiative and seriousness about changing.

I'm far friendlier in text than in person, strangely enough. But I suppose you might have a fair point with that. I'll be around NS, probably. Herping and derping about, but probably not here.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 am

Monfrox wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Well I'm not 100% on my Silent Hill lore as I only seen snippets of the 1st, 2nd, and 4th game. So I'm not really qualified.

But still......

I played 2, 3, Origins, Shattered Memories, and Downpour.

Not very many real people were killed. Only a handful, and they were usually crazy or part of the Order.

Well, I'll trust you on this one. I gotta watch the games some time.

Anyways, how would we get to Silent Hill. Dream sequence? Simulation? Chaos Gone Wild (+R)? :p

Edit:fixed
Last edited by The Carlisle on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 am

The Carlisle wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I played 2, 3, Origins, Shattered Memories, and Downpour.

Well, I'll trust you on this one. I gotta watch the games some time.

Anyways, how would we get to Silent Hill. Dream sequence? Simulation? Chaos Gone Wild (+R)? :p

Edit:fixed

she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse