NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:10 am

Van may or may not be kinda crazy.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Man, I suck at writing Luna. :p
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Giovenith wrote:Man, I suck at writing Luna. :p

Tis good peasant but you are forgetting THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE AND THE ROYAL WE!
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm gonna put out a little flyer soon, just a heads up.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Man, I suck at writing Luna. :p

Tis good peasant but you are forgetting THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE AND THE ROYAL WE!

I didn't think that would be much appreciated given the awkward circumstances. :p
she/her

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Vancon wrote:Van may or may not be kinda crazy.

Welcome to the club. We ran out of jackets.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Bone Fort wrote:

Welcome to the club. We ran out of jackets.

What about the box of fezes in the back?
*puts on jacket and fez*

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Crazy or not, time and weather need to remain the same please. We have multiple stories based off it at the moment.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Cerillium wrote:

Crazy or not, time and weather need to remain the same please. We have multiple stories based off it at the moment.

I was thinking mentally crazy, so he thinks it's night wen it's actually day, raining when sunny, etc... I thought it would make for an interesting character.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Vancon wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Crazy or not, time and weather need to remain the same please. We have multiple stories based off it at the moment.

I was thinking mentally crazy, so he thinks it's night wen it's actually day, raining when sunny, etc... I thought it would make for an interesting character.

You should make it clear in the post that it's his imagination, then. :) So as to avoid confusion.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:45 pm

I knew a crazy guy once.

Hilarious son of a bitch, he was. I think it was a form of mania. Anyway, he was off the handle. Lots of fun.

Good evening. Still engaged in a 4-6 man Dark Souls session. The "53rd Recon Expedition to Anor Londo."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I knew a crazy guy once.

Hilarious son of a bitch, he was. I think it was a form of mania. Anyway, he was off the handle. Lots of fun.

Good evening. Still engaged in a 4-6 man Dark Souls session. The "53rd Recon Expedition to Anor Londo."

And I'm still going through Operation Snake Eater
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:00 pm

HAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH midnight flights whyyyyyyyyyyyy
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:HAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH midnight flights whyyyyyyyyyyyy

I know. The torment! -civet snuggle-

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:HAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH midnight flights whyyyyyyyyyyyy

I know. The torment! -civet snuggle-

-penguin hug-
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:19 am

Ry, a mentor-ish suggestion:

You wrote a fantastic story for your character but it was gobbled up by a lack of formatting. It's too clever a story to be skimmed over.

Rygondria wrote:
Reginald as he sat at a bench with his ale was approached by a man in a suit. The man asked," Excuse me sir may i ask why you are in a safari outfit and why do you carry around a rifle? Are you an actor, cosplayer perhaps"? Reginald Looked at him and said, I wear this because i am actually a safari hunter and i carry the rifle because who knows what crazies are running around. And besides, It can be easily reached when i see some game". The man looked at him and said," Are you from this time"? Reginald said," I am afraid not i am from the year 1886 i got here when a Indian wizard teleported me here due to me shooting him and violating a temple". The man laughed and said," Yeah right i need some proof first". Reginald then brought out a gold sovereign and said," Unless you are a coin collector you cant find these anymore. See the condition it looks freshly minted so is that enough proof chap"? The man said," It must be the alcohol but i believe you. Anyway got any good stories? I would like to hear them". Reginald singled for more ale as he said," This story takes place in Cape colony. I was with my uncle on my first hunt we where hired by the local governor to kill a lion named Mombasa that was terrorizing the local Zulu tribes and killed two hunters that where already sent to kill him". As Reginald told the story other people started to be attracted to the story and more beer was brought to the medium sized group that was gathered at the table. Reginald continued his story," As we walked through the plains my uncle heard a noise. As we went to investigate we saw the Lion It was huge larger than any lion i have ever seen ! It must of saw us because it charged me and my and my uncle we only had one shot and if i missed we would of been torn to pieces. So i fired and i brought down the beast in one shot ! We chopped off its head as proof as showed it to the governor. He paid us handsomely and we continued are hunt". The people on the table clapped and the man who originally started the conversation said," Just one more story in fact let me write this one down". Reginald nodded took a drink of his beer and started to tell the story about his hunt in Kenya.

Spaces are your best friend. They're excellent for emphasis. They also visually break down dialog for people. You (the writer) know who is saying what, but the casual reader has to put effort into separating each character's words.

Rygondria wrote:
Reginald, as he sat at a bench with his ale, was approached by a man in a suit. The man asked," Excuse me sir may i ask why you are in a safari outfit and why do you carry around a rifle? Are you an actor, cosplayer perhaps"?

Reginald looked at him and said, "I wear this because i am actually a safari hunter and i carry the rifle because who knows what crazies are running around. And besides, It can be easily reached when i see some game".

The man looked at him and said," Are you from this time"?

Reginald said," I am afraid not i am from the year 1886 i got here when a Indian wizard teleported me here due to me shooting him and violating a temple".

The man laughed and said," Yeah right i need some proof first".

Reginald then brought out a gold sovereign and said," Unless you are a coin collector you cant find these anymore. See the condition it looks freshly minted so is that enough proof chap"?

The man said," It must be the alcohol but i believe you. Anyway got any good stories? I would like to hear them".

Reginald singled for more ale as he said," This story takes place in Cape colony. I was with my uncle on my first hunt we where hired by the local governor to kill a lion named Mombasa that was terrorizing the local Zulu tribes and killed two hunters that where already sent to kill him".

As Reginald told the story other people started to be attracted to the story and more beer was brought to the medium sized group that was gathered at the table. Reginald continued his story," As we walked through the plains my uncle heard a noise. As we went to investigate we saw the Lion It was huge larger than any lion i have ever seen ! It must of saw us because it charged me and my and my uncle we only had one shot and if i missed we would of been torn to pieces. So i fired and i brought down the beast in one shot ! We chopped off its head as proof as showed it to the governor. He paid us handsomely and we continued are hunt".

The people on the table clapped and the man who originally started the conversation said," Just one more story in fact let me write this one down".

Reginald nodded took a drink of his beer and started to tell the story about his hunt in Kenya.

It really was a gem in hiding. You've got an excellent imagination and I suppose you might have an entire treasure chest in your head. Think of the formatting (spaces, paragraphs, commas and all) as gold. You can bend it anyway you want. The object is to bend it so it showcases the gems.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:23 am

Giovenith wrote:
Vancon wrote:I was thinking mentally crazy, so he thinks it's night wen it's actually day, raining when sunny, etc... I thought it would make for an interesting character.

You should make it clear in the post that it's his imagination, then. :) So as to avoid confusion.

I was thinking of writing it in a future post, where until then people think he's just acting a bit off-key.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:48 am

Vancon wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

I was thinking of writing it in a future post, where until then people think he's just acting a bit off-key.

As long as you do state it so that we as readers are clear he's going loopy. Characters in IC can react, we as players/readers would only be confused - which will inevitably bring the "who what when where why HUH???" into the OOC, which dominoes to pausing the game. Communication & community go hand in hand here, keep that in mind as your RP with us; we are here to help and have fun, not introduce random things that grind us to a halt.

Also, your insanity thing wasn't in the app, was it? Is it a new story you want players involved in? Clear it with Cer. We have several storylines going on right now, and a main event (Oktoberfest) that's happening currently.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:55 am

Vancon wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Crazy or not, time and weather need to remain the same please. We have multiple stories based off it at the moment.

It's a good topic for discussion.

Characters in PL that could be found clinically insane (various diagnosis):
NVE
Gretta
Author
Klaus
Hans
Rudolf
Minerva
Will
All Klaus' cultists/all Minerva's Lads
Tipper (possibly Volt although only loosely)
Sydney the Chaos godling (not Siduer the future king)
Naomi
Eva
Bones
Totenkopf
Harry
Harry's Men
Herr Doktor
Some of Prim's might have gone 'round the twist as well.

I've capped the "nutty character" limit. No more please.

Schizophrenia can manifest various ways (delusions that others are out to get the person; hallucinations that affected the senses; illusions, a smaller form of hallucinations; etc). The problem with playing a schizophrenic character is the unfamiliarity with the mental illness. It comes across as "anime crazy". In Japan, mental illness is still looked upon poorly and it remains a weakness that shames the person and their family. Anime play up the mental illness; the "crazy antagonist" is always insane beyond reason and serves no other role than to inflict their madness on society.

That said, if a character is so mentally ill that they think it's raining and night time as they walk outside, that character is unable to function in society in any form and should be institutionalized. Klaus touches upon that level, and his curse makes him dangerous, but he's got so many limitations and hindrances on him that it's difficult to get away with anything world-shattering with him. He's also a Chaos god and insanity is part of their makeup.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:26 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Vancon wrote:I was thinking of writing it in a future post, where until then people think he's just acting a bit off-key.

As long as you do state it so that we as readers are clear he's going loopy. Characters in IC can react, we as players/readers would only be confused - which will inevitably bring the "who what when where why HUH???" into the OOC, which dominoes to pausing the game. Communication & community go hand in hand here, keep that in mind as your RP with us; we are here to help and have fun, not introduce random things that grind us to a halt.

Also, your insanity thing wasn't in the app, was it? Is it a new story you want players involved in? Clear it with Cer. We have several storylines going on right now, and a main event (Oktoberfest) that's happening currently.

I will, don't you worry. At least his mental case.

Cerillium wrote:
Vancon wrote:

Really though? He walks, talks, acts, thinks and sees everything else normally. He's every bit as normal as everyone else, minus the environmental problems.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:28 pm

I find it kind of funny that 90% of the nutty characters belong to 3 handlers.

:p

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:Ry, a mentor-ish suggestion:

You wrote a fantastic story for your character but it was gobbled up by a lack of formatting. It's too clever a story to be skimmed over.

Rygondria wrote:
Reginald as he sat at a bench with his ale was approached by a man in a suit. The man asked," Excuse me sir may i ask why you are in a safari outfit and why do you carry around a rifle? Are you an actor, cosplayer perhaps"? Reginald Looked at him and said, I wear this because i am actually a safari hunter and i carry the rifle because who knows what crazies are running around. And besides, It can be easily reached when i see some game". The man looked at him and said," Are you from this time"? Reginald said," I am afraid not i am from the year 1886 i got here when a Indian wizard teleported me here due to me shooting him and violating a temple". The man laughed and said," Yeah right i need some proof first". Reginald then brought out a gold sovereign and said," Unless you are a coin collector you cant find these anymore. See the condition it looks freshly minted so is that enough proof chap"? The man said," It must be the alcohol but i believe you. Anyway got any good stories? I would like to hear them". Reginald singled for more ale as he said," This story takes place in Cape colony. I was with my uncle on my first hunt we where hired by the local governor to kill a lion named Mombasa that was terrorizing the local Zulu tribes and killed two hunters that where already sent to kill him". As Reginald told the story other people started to be attracted to the story and more beer was brought to the medium sized group that was gathered at the table. Reginald continued his story," As we walked through the plains my uncle heard a noise. As we went to investigate we saw the Lion It was huge larger than any lion i have ever seen ! It must of saw us because it charged me and my and my uncle we only had one shot and if i missed we would of been torn to pieces. So i fired and i brought down the beast in one shot ! We chopped off its head as proof as showed it to the governor. He paid us handsomely and we continued are hunt". The people on the table clapped and the man who originally started the conversation said," Just one more story in fact let me write this one down". Reginald nodded took a drink of his beer and started to tell the story about his hunt in Kenya.

Spaces are your best friend. They're excellent for emphasis. They also visually break down dialog for people. You (the writer) know who is saying what, but the casual reader has to put effort into separating each character's words.

Rygondria wrote:
Reginald, as he sat at a bench with his ale, was approached by a man in a suit. The man asked," Excuse me sir may i ask why you are in a safari outfit and why do you carry around a rifle? Are you an actor, cosplayer perhaps"?

Reginald looked at him and said, "I wear this because i am actually a safari hunter and i carry the rifle because who knows what crazies are running around. And besides, It can be easily reached when i see some game".

The man looked at him and said," Are you from this time"?

Reginald said," I am afraid not i am from the year 1886 i got here when a Indian wizard teleported me here due to me shooting him and violating a temple".

The man laughed and said," Yeah right i need some proof first".

Reginald then brought out a gold sovereign and said," Unless you are a coin collector you cant find these anymore. See the condition it looks freshly minted so is that enough proof chap"?

The man said," It must be the alcohol but i believe you. Anyway got any good stories? I would like to hear them".

Reginald singled for more ale as he said," This story takes place in Cape colony. I was with my uncle on my first hunt we where hired by the local governor to kill a lion named Mombasa that was terrorizing the local Zulu tribes and killed two hunters that where already sent to kill him".

As Reginald told the story other people started to be attracted to the story and more beer was brought to the medium sized group that was gathered at the table. Reginald continued his story," As we walked through the plains my uncle heard a noise. As we went to investigate we saw the Lion It was huge larger than any lion i have ever seen ! It must of saw us because it charged me and my and my uncle we only had one shot and if i missed we would of been torn to pieces. So i fired and i brought down the beast in one shot ! We chopped off its head as proof as showed it to the governor. He paid us handsomely and we continued are hunt".

The people on the table clapped and the man who originally started the conversation said," Just one more story in fact let me write this one down".

Reginald nodded took a drink of his beer and started to tell the story about his hunt in Kenya.

It really was a gem in hiding. You've got an excellent imagination and I suppose you might have an entire treasure chest in your head. Think of the formatting (spaces, paragraphs, commas and all) as gold. You can bend it anyway you want. The object is to bend it so it showcases the gems.

Ok. Thank you for the compliment and i will try to format it better.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:12 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I find it kind of funny that 90% of the nutty characters belong to 3 handlers.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:I find it kind of funny that 90% of the nutty characters belong to 3 handlers.

That... is so creepy.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Cerillium wrote:

That... is so creepy.

I've been waiting to use it all day. :lol2:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse