NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:28 pm

While not a book i'm reading "The Crossed".
I just finished the Picture of Dorian Gray, a great Luxan that Dorian.
And am starting Jekyll and Hyde.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:29 pm

*looks at pile of books sitting in the corner of the room*
I will... eventually. The last two I've finished are From a Buick 8 by Stephen King and Fahrenheit 451.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

While not a book i'm reading "The Crossed".
I just finished the Picture of Dorian Gray, a great Luxan that Dorian.
And am starting Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm also going to be borrowing House of Leaves as well. I think you'd like it.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Last book I actually ever read was the Autobiography of Chuck Yeager...

I used to love literature. I guess I just realized that 90% of it is shit. Either that, or I have very picky taste in literature.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Arlo wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Sphensciforms are classy.

I had to Google that. :S

What do I do with it? Put it in my fridge?

Yes, and hug it!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:53 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Character Name: CA-11E

Character Gender: Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Heavily Modified Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 18 years of age, 6'1, 120lbs

URL to Character Picture, if any: Here

Primary Skill or Power: Blade-manipulation using the blades hovering permanently at her back.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Anyone else able to manipulate either electronics, or metal would easily be able to render this useless.

Secondary Skill or Power: Hacking, can hack into any electronic device at her choice.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: More aggressive virus' may be able to shut off her life-support, and military-grade firewalls and encryption pose a challenge as well.

Character Background/Biography: Stolen from the hospital at birth, Sandra Laney's name only lasted for a few days, before being renamed CA-11E, one of a selection of 24 other children stolen at birth as well. For the next 18 years, the children were put through a harsh regimen of physical and mental conditioning. As they reached their 18th birthday, the children were put through the most demanding and dangerous medical procedures available, bones were strengthened with metal plating, their aging was halted with a large amount of experimental drugs, and electronics normally found in only the most advanced fighter-jets were stuffed into their brains. After the week of procedures, the 11 surviving teens were sent to the Mechanical-lab, fitted with a skintight nano-suit, as well as armored gauntlets, and high-powered thruster packs fitted over their legs. Here, they were each given a personalized weapon, most-fitting to their personality and physical skill. CA-11E, having scored top-marks in knife-throwing, was given a set of 8 blades, hovering at her back, to be controlled by the targeting systems in her head, linked to her advanced headset.

After another month of recovering, and learning how to use their augmentations, the 11 were sent out into the wilderness, testing their survival skills. Separated from her comrades, and because all the mental conditioning in the world could never quell a rebellious soul, CA-11E took her chances, and bolted off deeper into the woods, and eventually made her way to civilization, where from there, she made her way to Bielefeld, in her mind, the furthest place she could go to get away from her past.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Escaping her old-life, though if she needed a job, she'd definitely fit in with private-security.

URL to Apartment Picture: Needs a special-pod in order to recharge, otherwise, a bare room.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: An escapee of a brutal program to create the perfect weapons after being abducted as an infant, CA-11E, a combat android, made her way to Bielefeld to escape her old life, and is betting on her former comrades not hunting her down.

Approved. Let me know before you attempt to hack some tech. The character might succeed or might die.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Merry Birthday!

This may be a rather abrupt entrance, but is there any way that I could come off of my hiatus tomorrow and become involved in PL again? Do I have to make a new application, or would that not be necessary?

(Also, hi everyone~!)
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Rygondria wrote:snip

Sir Reginald Crowley
Reginald Is hunter from the Victorian era who was transported to the present by a wizard in india . He is usually clueless when it comes to matters of modern technology and culture and needs some one to explain it to him. Personality wise he loves to boast about his hunting adventures including how big the animal was when he shot it but he still knows when to shut up and listen. He speaks with an old timely British accent that sounds very posh. He hates the mention of wizards Hyenas and Silver back gorillas. He is a hunter by trade but is sometimes seen teaching classes at the zoo about African wildlife both extinct and living. Full Details

Tab added. Bran's new character added to his tab.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Erucia wrote:Merry Birthday!

This may be a rather abrupt entrance, but is there any way that I could come off of my hiatus tomorrow and become involved in PL again? Do I have to make a new application, or would that not be necessary?

(Also, hi everyone~!)

Wouldn't be a problem with me. Your characters are still listed on the roster.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Cerillium wrote:Approved. Let me know before you attempt to hack some tech. The character might succeed or might die.

No worries, she just has the ability, I'm not planning on having her using it in a normal free-form setting.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Cerillium wrote:Wouldn't be a problem with me. Your characters are still listed on the roster.

Right; I'll be on at approx. 5:00pm PST due to staying late at school tomorrow, so I should be able to intro in Matuk. Which reminds me: I don't believe I ever gave you the link to his app following his approval, so here.

viewtopic.php?p=20717832&sid=d559414c14f92e290f4bc7b3890189d3#p20717832
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Erucia wrote:Right! Well, I thought I'd make it a bit easier to actually get back into PL (because it's kinda hard when you only have one character and their limitations), so I broke out the new app code and made my second character to herald my return. Hopefully I didn't mess it up too badly.

*hides box 'o wolf cubs from Inquisition* @Tilt: Can I have the pancakes?

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Erucia

Character Name: Matuk Durz

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Orc

Character Physical Description: 36 years old and getting older, Matuk generally keeps a relatively good sense of personal hygiene if only for the sake of ruining it through spending a whole day (sometimes more) trapped inside of the cramped conditions of a workshop. He doesn't eat much nor is he particularly muscularly-built (for his species); he is relatively small for an orc, at 5'9" and ~180 lbs.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Matuk Durz

Physical Attributes:
Upper-body strength - 1 pt.
ᐧ While he is average or even below-average on strength for an orc, this makes Matuk somewhat above-average when physically compared to a human.

Character Unique Skills:
Engineer - 6 pts.
ᐧ Matuk is an incredibly talented and skilled engineer first and foremost: he specializes in the broad field of Yasudan avionics (since most of his training was given in that field), though his mind is never restricted to that sole field. He has blueprints for everything from toasters to tanks, though none of his ideas are *guaranteed* to work thanks to their oftentimes-complicated natures.
Mathematician - 4 pts.
ᐧ While he certainly has been taught by some of the best, Matuk isn't necessarily amongst them in mathematical skill. His later-mentioned wave function collapse engines relied largely on equations and principles defined by those before him, and he is prone to mistakes on the more complicated kinds of mathematical formulas. Of course, this doesn't eliminate his brilliant skill in the field (in comparison to most other people, and especially orcs).
'Artist' - 1 pt.
ᐧ Certainly no real artist, but Matuk does have the barebones essentials down to the point where he can effectively draw out his ideas onto a sheet of paper without scribbling or making a mess. (That's for when he tries to *explain* it.)

Character Powers: None.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Socially Inept
ᐧ This problem has never really gone away for Matuk: he is certainly capable in talking *at* people, but he can very easily crash and burn on a conversation. He has a horrific habit of mumbling what comes to mind and including it into the conversation.
Overthinker
ᐧ Sounds like it is; Matuk overthinks the simplest of issues at times. This oftentimes leads to excess waste and attention-to-detail that (again) leads to over-complication of his inventions.
"What's 'Cleaning'?"
ᐧ Just look at what homes he's had to himself: boxes upon boxes of miscellaneous papers, tinkerings, invention models, etc. are constantly found laying about and crowding the environment.

Character Background/Biography: Matuk Durz was born into life on the world of Yasuda, in the year 1953 A.B.L. (After Birth of the Light; religious effect on the start of the calender, similar to the 'After Death/A.D.' on the Christian Calender). Born to Orcish parents in the nation of Agrova, he experienced first-hand the effects of Easternization upon the predominantly-Orcish countries of the west. He held a fascination with technology from a young age, and his intelligence often made him the head-of-the-class in the rapidly-changing Orcish classrooms.

The key to understanding the environment of Matuk's childhood can be traced back to the mid-1600's, when explorers of the Elven Monarchies reported great interest in the stunningly beautiful grasslands of nations such as Agrova. The Orcish nations up to that point had run on a feudal system and placed honor in family kinship and the warrior tradition, though the status of this changed rapidly in the 1800's. Much of the traditional system was overtaken and replaced by Central and Eastern-style systems of placing more importance on Monarchy or Democracy over Feudal Clans, and more importantly the warrior tradition nearly vanished in the 1900's with importance being placed more on technological prowess. Tradition was further disrupted through vast modernization thanks to the discovery of Magic reserves on the lands of various Orcish nations, allowing those with access to use the great fuel potential that Magic brought.

Matuk's status as a peasant's child would have left him forgotten to the history books had the times not changed, and had his parents not been located closer to the advancing sprawl of urbanization that was (and is) the Agrovan capital. Basic schooling and the hardship of self-education eventually brought Matuk to be taken underneath an apprenticeship to a traveling Gnomish engineer at the age of 16, which allowed him to not only travel much of the world aboard an airship but also to further his knowledge of the technical workings of numerous objects. Matuk spent the next six years of his life away from home, and spending a further four years of the late 1970's living in one of the great Gnomish floating cities and studying underneath several different Gnomish and Dwarven engineers and physicists.

Only after becoming heralded by the engineering and scientific communities of the Esponir floating city did Matuk return home to Agrova with only one goal in mind: spread the inventing spirit to the Orcish. Several students and inventions later, Matuk's interest in modern innovations had spread beyond the borders of Agrova and helped to set Orcish engineers (and furthermore scientists) on the map.

But it was the gradual depletion of the world's Magic reserves that caught Matuk's eye during his period of professorhood, and grasped his interest. Magic as a resource only came naturally from Dragons, and could only be harvested from them: however, the latter had been declared extinct for dozens of years, and the oil-like substance that had become of the Ancient varieties was unarguably being used up too quickly with no alternative in sight. Matuk became obsessed with the concept of making inventions that were reliant on other forms of energy, though his early obsession starting in 1985 A.B.L. caused him great ridicule from numerous mainstream sources who were not confident that the depletion of Magic was an issue for the current generation.

However, along his path in 1989, Matuk drew up plans for an airship that used wave function collapse engines running on Methane Hydrates and used what strings he could pull to fund the creation of a prototype with the assistance of the Agrovan Ministry of Research. Matuk's invention was supposed to prove so successful as an example of an alternate-fuel airship that he would not only be entirely elevated in status to head his very own government research department, but that the Republic of Agrova was to field several dozen of the new (supersonic-capable) airships and become an Eastern military superpower through the span of the next dozen years. The proven use of Methane Hydrates would not only soften the blow that the Great Energy Crisis would bring in 26 years to the Central-continent Elven Monarchies who had been solely reliant on Magic to power most everything, but would also prevent the military aggression of the Magic-starven military superpower of Antar: thus avoiding a World War even more devastating than the first.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what did not happen. The intervention of his skeptical MoR backers called at the last minute for several rearrangements of the initial design, including the replacement of the purely Methane fuel source with a mixture of Magic and Methane Hydrates and the modification of the wave function collapse engines. This lead to an even more untested and unproven mingling of parts that resulted in a overly-complicated vessel, the A.A.S. Tycho: its maiden voyage in late June of 1989 would prove a disaster.

Just a few minutes into flight, the Tycho is recorded to have suffered a major power overload which resulted in the destruction of the vessel mid-air, over the aerial ports of the Agrovan capital. None of the remains of the 93 crew were ever successfully recovered from what remained of the wreckage, and another 15 dead on the ground meant that the wave function collapse engine concept was declared unsafe by the Agrovan government and all funding poured into alternative energies canned. Matuk Durz has been declared dead by the nation since that date, at the age of 36.

But as if the twists couldn't quite stop, Matuk is very much alive. And he's very much confused about having ended up lying in the midst of the forest just south of the Market District, with his clothing decently-tattered from shrapnel and covered in soot. However, his mindset is now gripped by the knowledge that allowing his own work to be tampered with has resulted in the assumed deaths of several dozen people.
Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Trapped in the Bielefeld universe with no way out, Matuk is an engineer by trade and will attempt to simply set-up shop here.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1287533/thumb ... cebook.jpg

Link to RP examples: Have I been gone that long? I really hope I don't have to give an example.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: 36-year-old Orcish inventor from an alternate universe. Brilliant (if over-complicating) engineer and mathematician.

Matuk Durz
36-year-old Orcish inventor from an alternate universe. Brilliant (if over-complicating) engineer and mathematician. Full Details.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:27 pm

No biting allowed
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 pm

While I'd certainly love to have CA-11E get involved in the scuffle, and I certainly will, it shall have to wait until tomorrow.

:p

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Anyone feel like interacting so I can get a way jump back in to this?
Times are looking grim these days~

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Terintania wrote:Anyone feel like interacting so I can get a way jump back in to this?

I'm in the woods. Though probably about to have a breakdown in a few seconds.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Damn, I'm going to be 17 tomorrow . . .

16 flew by.

:meh:

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Damn, I'm going to be 17 tomorrow . . .

16 flew by.

And then it's only one more year before you go around saying "I'm an adult!" and no one will care.

Achievement

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Monfrox wrote:

16 flew by.

And then it's only one more year before you go around saying "I'm an adult!" and no one will care.

Welcome to the Army. :B

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Terintania wrote:Anyone feel like interacting so I can get a way jump back in to this?

I'm in the woods. Though probably about to have a breakdown in a few seconds.

I am fighting myself in the lobby. In honor of the poorly written past.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:28 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'm in the woods. Though probably about to have a breakdown in a few seconds.

I am fighting myself in the lobby. In honor of the poorly written past.

It's awesome. Poorly written nothing. :)
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Happy Birthday Bran!

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Birthday bran muffins for Bran-boy!
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:14 pm

16 flew by.

Looking back, every year kinda feels like that, doesn't it?

Except (in my case) 8. 2005 friggin' blew, man.

Anyways, happy birthday. As a gift you get a virtual beanbag pillow.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvilLand on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:13 am

16 flew by.

★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse