Page 59 of 485

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:43 am
by TotallyNotEvilLand
Torsiedelle wrote:Vanilla Coke is amazing. I only get it in boxes of cans at Piggly Wiggly, but the local Zaxbys has it as a drink, too :p

Halo 3 is amazing. Halo 4 is alright, but, IMO, it's...just not Halo. The story was Meh, and the gameplay was too CoD-like. I love sprinting and Forerunner weapons, though. Halo: Reach and Halo: ODST are my two personal favorite Halo games.

I have a good connection most of the time. It must suck, getting errors while posting.

I haven't seen it in a long time. Probably because Fairbanks sucks and we can't have nice things, according to everyone else. I can't imagine how bad it is in the more obscure places like Nome or Barrow. (I've been to Barrow. It's the most boring place in the state, if you can believe it.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 am
by Torsiedelle
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:Vanilla Coke is amazing. I only get it in boxes of cans at Piggly Wiggly, but the local Zaxbys has it as a drink, too :p

Halo 3 is amazing. Halo 4 is alright, but, IMO, it's...just not Halo. The story was Meh, and the gameplay was too CoD-like. I love sprinting and Forerunner weapons, though. Halo: Reach and Halo: ODST are my two personal favorite Halo games.

I have a good connection most of the time. It must suck, getting errors while posting.

I haven't seen it in a long time. Probably because Fairbanks sucks and we can't have nice things, according to everyone else. I can't imagine how bad it is in the more obscure places like Nome or Barrow. (I've been to Barrow. It's the most boring place in the state, if you can believe it.)


Assuming by the names, I guess you're from Alaska?

Alaska is awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:11 pm
by TotallyNotEvilLand
Torsiedelle wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:I haven't seen it in a long time. Probably because Fairbanks sucks and we can't have nice things, according to everyone else. I can't imagine how bad it is in the more obscure places like Nome or Barrow. (I've been to Barrow. It's the most boring place in the state, if you can believe it.)


Assuming by the names, I guess you're from Alaska?

Alaska is awesome.

Born and raised. Travelling out of state everyone instantly guesses that I'm from Alaska. Or Russian. I don't have any idea why they think that.

Alaska is lovely in short bursts, but I live in the most absolutely average city in the state. There isn't much to do up here once you've soaked up the view. Unless you live in Anchorage, which has a lot more variety (but you're more likely to get stabbed). Homer is the exception though, I mean, look at this view. That place is amazing and I'm moving there as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:47 pm
by Torsiedelle
I really want to visit Anchorage :p

My parents always wanted to visit Twin Lakes. I want to see Kodiak and Mt. McKinley. I love Alaska.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:48 pm
by Monfrox
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
Assuming by the names, I guess you're from Alaska?

Alaska is awesome.

Born and raised. Travelling out of state everyone instantly guesses that I'm from Alaska. Or Russian. I don't have any idea why they think that.

Alaska is lovely in short bursts, but I live in the most absolutely average city in the state. There isn't much to do up here once you've soaked up the view. Unless you live in Anchorage, which has a lot more variety (but you're more likely to get stabbed). Homer is the exception though, I mean, look at this view. That place is amazing and I'm moving there as soon as I can.

I look out into my backyard and I'm surrounded by a cornfield.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 pm
by TotallyNotEvilLand
Torsiedelle wrote:I really want to visit Anchorage :p

My parents always wanted to visit Twin Lakes. I want to see Kodiak and Mt. McKinley. I love Alaska.

Anchorage is cool, but try not to travel around on foot, especially at night. That's my general advice. :P

I see Mt. McKinley every day. :P It's pretty much the all-seeing overlord around Fairbanks. You can see it almost everywhere you go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:15 pm
by Giovenith
Monfrox wrote:I look out into my backyard and I'm surrounded by a cornfield.


I don't trust corn because Stephen King.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:24 pm
by Mincaldenteans
Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I look out into my backyard and I'm surrounded by a cornfield.


I don't trust corn because Stephen King.


I don't trust hospitals because of Stephen King. >_<

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm
by Torsiedelle
Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I look out into my backyard and I'm surrounded by a cornfield.


I don't trust corn because Stephen King.


Reminds me of Second Hand Lions.

"All we eat is corn! Corn, corn, corn, nothin' but corn!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm
by Monfrox
Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I look out into my backyard and I'm surrounded by a cornfield.


I don't trust corn because Stephen King.

When I was younger, I used to go out into the cornfield with my friend and we'd act like we were on missions from the US Army and stuff. I lost a plastic knife in one the night they were going through it with the combine. That was the last time I ever saw that toy knife.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:35 pm
by Torsiedelle
Mon, is anyone going to interact with Sinyaya? I forget, since I was doing something earlier. I hope nothing slipped by me.

Me and my cousin once had to share our room with an annoying aunt and her three annoying kids. The daughter was spoiled and a bitch, the baby wasn't spanked for playing with our great grandma's oxygen and power chair...the son was actually cool. He got yelled at a lot for no reason, though, and his mom was super strict to him only. He was only 9.

Me and my cousin handed him a machete, I had a hatchet, and my Cousin had a machete as well. We threw on our army uniforms and ran into the woods so we wouldn't be bothered. Two day bro-out. I loved spending time in Ohio :p

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:02 pm
by The BranRiech
I was going to send someone to Sinyaya, but I need to leave for work in a few, so that's a no-go as of now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:39 pm
by Monfrox
Torsiedelle wrote:Mon, is anyone going to interact with Sinyaya? I forget, since I was doing something earlier. I hope nothing slipped by me.

Me and my cousin once had to share our room with an annoying aunt and her three annoying kids. The daughter was spoiled and a bitch, the baby wasn't spanked for playing with our great grandma's oxygen and power chair...the son was actually cool. He got yelled at a lot for no reason, though, and his mom was super strict to him only. He was only 9.

Me and my cousin handed him a machete, I had a hatchet, and my Cousin had a machete as well. We threw on our army uniforms and ran into the woods so we wouldn't be bothered. Two day bro-out. I loved spending time in Ohio :p

That's for the others to decide.

I used to do airsoft a lot until I found out that the people that like to do airsoft around here have a nasty habit of not respecting the field they play in. We found a hunting blind and a tree stand and they were climbing on it and shooting at it. And they wonder why we don't get allowed back...

I'm trying to scrounge up money to go to a no-limits game next weekend. It'll be the first time ever in about two-three years that I'll be heading out to do airsoft again. I'll have to dress up in my Umbrella Corps outfit. I'll be bringing my M16A4 with three extra mags and a scope. If I'm lucky, my friend will bring his M203 to let me put on. I also would like to get a pecbox laser sight too. That'd be badass.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:43 pm
by Torsiedelle
My friends do air soft like that a lot, Mon :p

I used to as well, but I went total Jihad on them. They'd have their M16s and uniforms, and I'd be jumping across cliffs and dangerous drops around the local clay pits, donning an old camo jacket and bandana, AK-47 in hand, setting up traps and ambushes. 'Twas fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:25 pm
by The Carlisle
So I slept till 600 hours today. Well, I didn't fall asleep till 630 hours :p Also didn't help that I had a 503 for ten minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:05 pm
by Monfrox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:14 pm
by Esternial
Well, time I gave this a shot.


Your NS Nation's Nickname: Esty

Character Name: Joe Quinn Jr.

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Joe is a relatively tall man, towering at approximately 1m90, with a weight of 78kg - give or take. He looks like a man in his thirties and claims he's 34, though he's technically a bit older than five decades. Upon his arrival in Bielefield, he's wearing a grey suit with a charcoal tie.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ajvwvn.jpg

Primary Skill or Power: Smoke Manipulation (6): For a reason still unknown to him, Joe has discovered this uncanny ability to manipulate smoke. While initially this was only limited to a few party tricks and earning a quick buck or two from a bet, Joe eventually developed a much greater control of his abilities. Now, Joe can turn his body into smoke itself (or specific parts of his body) into thick black smoke. He can use this ability to avoid injuries by turning his body or the body part being targeted into smoke. As a side-effect, being in smoke form prevents ageing.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Aside from converting his own body into smoke, Joe cannot actively produce smoke through non-conventional means. Because of this, he is a heavy smoker. In addition, while his body is converted into densely packed smoke, a very strong gusts of wind can still dissipate it. The less dense the cloud of smoke, the longer it takes for Joe to reform his body or parts of it. Also, while some conventional methods of capturing smoke may not be effective (like a vacuum, the black smoke can escape one of those with little effort), putting the smoke in a pressurized container will prevent Joe from assuming human form.

Secondary Skill or Power: Business acumen (4): Fancy term for "con man". You might've heard of Jordan Belfort and Frank Abagnale, but you surely haven't heard of Joe Quinn. That's because he's good at what he does. He's quick to make powerful friends and a silver-tongued devil in a fancy suit.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: His cons were stellar back in the day, but nowadays they'd likely be less waterproof, making most of his con schemes useless. Regardless, he's a man who knows how to talk the talk, which still has some value.

Character Background/Biography: Joe Quinn's Sr. was a businessman who focused on earning a living for his family. Though he brought in a good payday, senior was a strict father with big plans for his little boy. Junior's mother was a positive influence throughout his childhood, which was dominated by his father's high expectations. Quinn got into business, just as his father did, but as soon as the old man kicked the bucket he stopped walking between the lines. Call it a much overdue act of defiance. Keeping his practices hidden from his mother and everyone else, he embezzled and scammed himself into a comfortable lifestyle, though a lifestyle he led whilst constantly looking over his shoulder. When he turned 30, he was a rich man with powerful friends and connections that kept him from falling from the top. He had everything to be happy in life; everything but a dame to share it all with. Joe spent a fair amount of time looking for a woman, and he went through quite a few possible candidates with whom he might share the rest of his life with, but he never felt a true connection with any of them. Then he met Delilah. A cheesy name if you ask me, but she was the full package: vibrant personality, smile that could fell a thousand men and legs that drew the eyes of a thousand more. At the age of 34, Joe felt happy. He truly did. That's when it all came tumbling down. The last thing he could remember was just an ordinary day with the love of his life before what seemed like an eternity of darkness followed.

Skip to 2013. The modern age. Nameless stranger finds a strange, pressurised canister in his basement and opens it up. Lid flies into his face and he falls onto the ground as he stares in disbelief at the cloud of black smoke erupting from it before him and assumed the form of a naked man in his thirties. Eyes meet, awkwardness ensues and the smoke man escapes.

Now, almost one year later, Joe is getting more accustomed to the time and his strange powers, and after running his last con in New York (owing the success to his powers) he's caught word of a placed called Bielefield. With plans to pursue a more legitimate career, he travels there with the clothes on his back and a coffer of cash.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Officially unemployed, looking for investments and/or to start a business venture.

URL to Apartment Picture: You mean like this?

Link to RP examples: Most recent IC post.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Joe is a silver-tongued devil with a charming smile and a face straight from the 1960s. Waking up in present, he's been forced to adapt to the information age and all the dangers that come with it, such as E-cigs. A man in pursuit of his own happiness brings him to a place were he's bound to find something. Whether it's something he's looking for yet remains to seen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:40 pm
by Monfrox
Hiya, Esty!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:46 pm
by Esternial
Hiya, Mon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:09 pm
by Mincaldenteans
Esty! Yay! Hola ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:11 pm
by Cerillium
Esternial wrote:Well, time I gave this a shot.


Your NS Nation's Nickname: Esty

Character Name: Joe Quinn Jr.

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Joe is a relatively tall man, towering at approximately 1m90, with a weight of 78kg - give or take. He looks like a man in his thirties and claims he's 34, though he's technically a bit older than five decades. Upon his arrival in Bielefield, he's wearing a grey suit with a charcoal tie.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ajvwvn.jpg

Primary Skill or Power: Smoke Manipulation (6): For a reason still unknown to him, Joe has discovered this uncanny ability to manipulate smoke. While initially this was only limited to a few party tricks and earning a quick buck or two from a bet, Joe eventually developed a much greater control of his abilities. Now, Joe can turn his body into smoke itself (or specific parts of his body) into thick black smoke. He can use this ability to avoid injuries by turning his body or the body part being targeted into smoke. As a side-effect, being in smoke form prevents ageing.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Aside from converting his own body into smoke, Joe cannot actively produce smoke through non-conventional means. Because of this, he is a heavy smoker. In addition, while his body is converted into densely packed smoke, a very strong gusts of wind can still dissipate it. The less dense the cloud of smoke, the longer it takes for Joe to reform his body or parts of it. Also, while some conventional methods of capturing smoke may not be effective (like a vacuum, the black smoke can escape one of those with little effort), putting the smoke in a pressurized container will prevent Joe from assuming human form.

Secondary Skill or Power: Business acumen (4): Fancy term for "con man". You might've heard of Jordan Belfort and Frank Abagnale, but you surely haven't heard of Joe Quinn. That's because he's good at what he does. He's quick to make powerful friends and a silver-tongued devil in a fancy suit.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: His cons were stellar back in the day, but nowadays they'd likely be less waterproof, making most of his con schemes useless. Regardless, he's a man who knows how to talk the talk, which still has some value.

Character Background/Biography: Joe Quinn's Sr. was a businessman who focused on earning a living for his family. Though he brought in a good payday, senior was a strict father with big plans for his little boy. Junior's mother was a positive influence throughout his childhood, which was dominated by his father's high expectations. Quinn got into business, just as his father did, but as soon as the old man kicked the bucket he stopped walking between the lines. Call it a much overdue act of defiance. Keeping his practices hidden from his mother and everyone else, he embezzled and scammed himself into a comfortable lifestyle, though a lifestyle he led whilst constantly looking over his shoulder. When he turned 30, he was a rich man with powerful friends and connections that kept him from falling from the top. He had everything to be happy in life; everything but a dame to share it all with. Joe spent a fair amount of time looking for a woman, and he went through quite a few possible candidates with whom he might share the rest of his life with, but he never felt a true connection with any of them. Then he met Delilah. A cheesy name if you ask me, but she was the full package: vibrant personality, smile that could fell a thousand men and legs that drew the eyes of a thousand more. At the age of 34, Joe felt happy. He truly did. That's when it all came tumbling down. The last thing he could remember was just an ordinary day with the love of his life before what seemed like an eternity of darkness followed.

Skip to 2013. The modern age. Nameless stranger finds a strange, pressurised canister in his basement and opens it up. Lid flies into his face and he falls onto the ground as he stares in disbelief at the cloud of black smoke erupting from it before him and assumed the form of a naked man in his thirties. Eyes meet, awkwardness ensues and the smoke man escapes.

Now, almost one year later, Joe is getting more accustomed to the time and his strange powers, and after running his last con in New York (owing the success to his powers) he's caught word of a placed called Bielefield. With plans to pursue a more legitimate career, he travels there with the clothes on his back and a coffer of cash.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Officially unemployed, looking for investments and/or to start a business venture.

URL to Apartment Picture: You mean like this?

Link to RP examples: Most recent IC post.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Joe is a silver-tongued devil with a charming smile and a face straight from the 1960s. Waking up in present, he's been forced to adapt to the information age and all the dangers that come with it, such as E-cigs. A man in pursuit of his own happiness brings him to a place were he's bound to find something. Whether it's something he's looking for yet remains to seen.

I suppose I should warn you all now that Swith's making me give up smoking next week.

Approved, Esty. Perhaps we can drag Khan back in once he's done ending life as we all know it in Elfen High. (You know, that RP I signed on for and haven't posted for in ages because RL has me by the balls.) I'll add your tab in a few moments. We have various player levels here and a few player-run stories going but nothing official running via me or our insane CoOPs. The best place to start would be the reception desk in the lobby. The only change you'd need to make is the balcony (there aren't any for any of the apartments).

Ah the lobby. It takes on the form of whatever the person feels most resembles a homelike atmosphere. The same goes for the common areas upstairs (communal kitchen, dining room, rec room etc).

There's a library containing mostly weathered romance paperbacks and a few interesting tomes left by residents but it's sadly aging and resembles nothing more than the dusty confines of a seldom-used small town branch library. There are gathering spots within the building, and outside in the back garden, and about town (Chaos Restaurant is a favorite haunt). Smoking is permitted everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:16 pm
by Tiltjuice
our insane co-OPs


Shall I now gibber uncontrollably, by way of heralding the end of the smoking age? It would be completely reasonable, seeing as I've been huffing paint all afternoon. The painthuffer penguin fairy (Tilticus sanfranciscensis) is a little known subspecies whose behavior is not well elucidated.

Hullo alpaca.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:25 pm
by Giovenith
Good to have your here, Esty!~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:48 pm
by Monfrox
Tiltjuice wrote:
our insane co-OPs


Shall I now gibber uncontrollably, by way of heralding the end of the smoking age? It would be completely reasonable, seeing as I've been huffing paint all afternoon. The painthuffer penguin fairy (Tilticus sanfranciscensis) is a little known subspecies whose behavior is not well elucidated.

Hullo alpaca.

You mean like my car's?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:49 pm
by Cerillium
Tiltjuice wrote:
our insane co-OPs


Shall I now gibber uncontrollably, by way of heralding the end of the smoking age? It would be completely reasonable, seeing as I've been huffing paint all afternoon. The painthuffer penguin fairy (Tilticus sanfranciscensis) is a little known subspecies whose behavior is not well elucidated.

Hullo alpaca.

"Well, you can at least take comfort in the fact that she let you keep your porn," said no one to a greysexual ever.

Wall paint? What color?