NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33942
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Righto. She's not, really. Poor woman has nothing to do. :lol2:

Which works great.


This'll be fun.
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33419
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:20 pm

I see how it is...
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33942
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Monfrox wrote:I see how it is...


It's because you're Asian.

Hi Mon.
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:43 pm

What a day. Evening folks
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33419
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I see how it is...


It's because you're Asian.

Hi Mon.

Laptop is fixed for now.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement


User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello ^_^

How was your day/
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Pretty good. I biked 5 miles, and found out from a professional that I don't have ADD.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33942
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:What a day. Evening folks


*sends penguin*
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:What a day. Evening folks


*sends penguin*


-snuggles penguin-

@Bran, that's good -nods-

I gonna retire early tonight and hide under my blankets and watch a movie. Night all
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33942
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
*sends penguin*


-snuggles penguin-

@Bran, that's good -nods-

I gonna retire early tonight and hide under my blankets and watch a movie. Night all


Goodnight Min!
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Super-Llamaland
Senator
 
Posts: 3751
Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Super-Llamaland » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:10 am

Your NS Nation's Nickname:

Character Name: Ryan DiAngelo

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 5'11"/160 pounds, looks about late-twenties, nobody (including him) has any idea how old he is actually.

URL to Character Picture, if any: N/A

Primary Skill or Power: Can teleport himself up to five miles away.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Often accidentally teleports himself into the air and hurts himself on the way down.

Secondary Skill or Power: A "5", maybe lower, in Physical. Can jump, erm, up to a second story balcony from the ground. (original description is original, I know.) Olympic-level fast as well.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Okay stamina, but not very strong.

Character Background/Biography: Ryan woke up one day in a nice apartment with two thousand dollars in a pocket and no idea of how he got there or what he had done with his life previously. He asked around to make sure he didn't have amnesia, but nobody else knew where he was, and this was a problem. Eventually, with the help of many a linear math error during late-at-night calculations, he worked out that he was from another dimension and had accidentally gotten to Bielefeld in a terrible accident. He opened up a small business and settled down, still looking for clues about where he was and a possible way back. His previous life is a complete unknown, but he's determined to find out all about it, although if his math skills are any indication, he's screwed.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Why he's here? He just woke up here - he honestly has no clue. As for what he does, mostly drinks tea and runs a business that sells those weird socks with individual toes, which are all the rage in his home dimension (worked out using math, somehow).

URL to Apartment Picture: http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/ ... -hotel.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

FYI, they're all NS Sport examples.

My "Hey look, I won a World Baseball Classic" RP
A WBC 30 RP, with links to more WBC 30 RPs if you want to read the whole series
If you want to look for something less creative but possibly a little better-written...

Vettrera 0, Royals 1: Llamanean U-21 side continues unbeaten run

STARBLAYDIA -- Another day, another win: the Royals of Super-Llamaland are on an absolute roll.

Things got out to a slow start for our home side as the Royals prepared to face the Wild Herd of Vettrera. The Bermudan Triangle of Valdevic, Player, and Guzmán, but this time it was Aidan Ferguson playing to unite them all. The Wild Herd, who were playing as aggressive as Farves set on fire, began to attack the Royal defense. It was Malvoy playing the best on the left striker side, attacking Herman at will. But it wasn't until the eighth minute until a cross-field shot hit an attacking Christie Pratt, who pounced and slapped it off the crossbar and into the ready hands of Jared Finch.

Vettrera continued to play aggressive ball until a turning point somewhere in the vicinity of the thirteenth. Valdevic took one from Pratt and went along the left side, drawing defenders and then slapping one upfield to Anthony Player. Player continued to charge up the field before going across to Ferguson, whose header barely missed the mark. A botched goalkick later and the 5-1 part of Llamanea's 4-5-1 were swarming across in waves.

It was Valdevic, playing far past midfield, who recovered the kick. From there, shoddy defense by the Wild Herd allowed him to go back-and-forth with Player through the defense, but it was Carter who made it back in time to send his shot flying off a shin guard and into the stands.

Cartwright and Alexion then drove through the left, but around minute twenty, Vettrera began to push back, lead by Carter, advancing up the field and peaking in two brilliant plays by Finch to block shots from each Pratt sister in turn.

Things quieted down, with neither midfield really allowing ground and the ball never hitting the final third. Each team got another run out of the first half, but in the end it was nothing that really happened, a nil-nil standfast after forty-five plus two.

And then came the second half. It began as the first half had ended. Boring, midfield-centric play, with a slight edge to the Royals and their bigger, better halfbacks.

They broke through in the sixty-eighth, Valdevic running up and passing to Player, who continued up the left side and slammed one off the eighteen-yard over the hands of DeMare and into the goal.

Code: Select all
Player 68' (Valdevic assist)


From there on, it was the Royals keeping it on their offense and passing around, with Vettrera only a handful of times getting it out to their offense. Finch was on all night as the Royals continued their winning streak with a one-zip victory.

Another one with links to other ones

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Ryan DiAngelo woke up in his apartment with no idea of how he got there or of his previous life. After working out that he must have been transported from another dimension in a terrible accident and becoming addicted to green tea, he began to settle down and opened a business selling the most popular items in his home dimension - those weird socks with individual toes. Will his cash reserve, found in his pocket when he woke up, last him long enough for him to find a way home? Or will his lack of talent for math doom him to stay in a foreign world?
The Fourth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, President: Eden Morgan Population: ~56,000,000
Sporting Achievements: World Cup Qualification (68, 70, 71, 74, 77, 78, 79)
World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42), runners-up (29, 37, 41)
Esportivan Regional Champions (20), Cup of Harmony third-place (68)


SuperLleagueNS Mafia (defunct)Esportiva

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33942
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:37 am

^

Looks fun.*

*Not an approval
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3119
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:03 am

Super-Llamaland wrote:Your NS Nation's Nickname:

Character Name: Ryan DiAngelo

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 5'11"/160 pounds, looks about late-twenties, nobody (including him) has any idea how old he is actually.

URL to Character Picture, if any: N/A

Primary Skill or Power: Can teleport himself up to five miles away.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Often accidentally teleports himself into the air and hurts himself on the way down.

Secondary Skill or Power: A "5", maybe lower, in Physical. Can jump, erm, up to a second story balcony from the ground. (original description is original, I know.) Olympic-level fast as well.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Okay stamina, but not very strong.

Character Background/Biography: Ryan woke up one day in a nice apartment with two thousand dollars in a pocket and no idea of how he got there or what he had done with his life previously. He asked around to make sure he didn't have amnesia, but nobody else knew where he was, and this was a problem. Eventually, with the help of many a linear math error during late-at-night calculations, he worked out that he was from another dimension and had accidentally gotten to Bielefeld in a terrible accident. He opened up a small business and settled down, still looking for clues about where he was and a possible way back. His previous life is a complete unknown, but he's determined to find out all about it, although if his math skills are any indication, he's screwed.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Why he's here? He just woke up here - he honestly has no clue. As for what he does, mostly drinks tea and runs a business that sells those weird socks with individual toes, which are all the rage in his home dimension (worked out using math, somehow).

URL to Apartment Picture: http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/ ... -hotel.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

FYI, they're all NS Sport examples.

My "Hey look, I won a World Baseball Classic" RP
A WBC 30 RP, with links to more WBC 30 RPs if you want to read the whole series
If you want to look for something less creative but possibly a little better-written...

Vettrera 0, Royals 1: Llamanean U-21 side continues unbeaten run

STARBLAYDIA -- Another day, another win: the Royals of Super-Llamaland are on an absolute roll.

Things got out to a slow start for our home side as the Royals prepared to face the Wild Herd of Vettrera. The Bermudan Triangle of Valdevic, Player, and Guzmán, but this time it was Aidan Ferguson playing to unite them all. The Wild Herd, who were playing as aggressive as Farves set on fire, began to attack the Royal defense. It was Malvoy playing the best on the left striker side, attacking Herman at will. But it wasn't until the eighth minute until a cross-field shot hit an attacking Christie Pratt, who pounced and slapped it off the crossbar and into the ready hands of Jared Finch.

Vettrera continued to play aggressive ball until a turning point somewhere in the vicinity of the thirteenth. Valdevic took one from Pratt and went along the left side, drawing defenders and then slapping one upfield to Anthony Player. Player continued to charge up the field before going across to Ferguson, whose header barely missed the mark. A botched goalkick later and the 5-1 part of Llamanea's 4-5-1 were swarming across in waves.

It was Valdevic, playing far past midfield, who recovered the kick. From there, shoddy defense by the Wild Herd allowed him to go back-and-forth with Player through the defense, but it was Carter who made it back in time to send his shot flying off a shin guard and into the stands.

Cartwright and Alexion then drove through the left, but around minute twenty, Vettrera began to push back, lead by Carter, advancing up the field and peaking in two brilliant plays by Finch to block shots from each Pratt sister in turn.

Things quieted down, with neither midfield really allowing ground and the ball never hitting the final third. Each team got another run out of the first half, but in the end it was nothing that really happened, a nil-nil standfast after forty-five plus two.

And then came the second half. It began as the first half had ended. Boring, midfield-centric play, with a slight edge to the Royals and their bigger, better halfbacks.

They broke through in the sixty-eighth, Valdevic running up and passing to Player, who continued up the left side and slammed one off the eighteen-yard over the hands of DeMare and into the goal.

Code: Select all
Player 68' (Valdevic assist)


From there on, it was the Royals keeping it on their offense and passing around, with Vettrera only a handful of times getting it out to their offense. Finch was on all night as the Royals continued their winning streak with a one-zip victory.
Another one with links to other ones

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Ryan DiAngelo woke up in his apartment with no idea of how he got there or of his previous life. After working out that he must have been transported from another dimension in a terrible accident and becoming addicted to green tea, he began to settle down and opened a business selling the most popular items in his home dimension - those weird socks with individual toes. Will his cash reserve, found in his pocket when he woke up, last him long enough for him to find a way home? Or will his lack of talent for math doom him to stay in a foreign world?

Hello, person whom I'll refer to as SLll for the moment due to a lack of stated nickname! You can call me Fvaar. Anyway, I'm curious: is Ryan's teleportational power possibly responsible for his dimension-crossing? If so- your power probably has a pretty high rating *says the TOTAL NON-EXPERT on the power scale who nevertheless has some experience working with it* and hence that weird thing, "paradox," may come into play. Is there an alternative- yes, actually. Although anything of that sort might need to be okayed by OPs, it is canon that the Building itself can transfer those within it (as far as I know, those entering/leaving and those in the lobby) to a different version of itself (bit more complicated actually, there's a wiki if you desire more info.) So, if you wish Ryan to start out in the Building- maybe he could go (to his universe's version assuming one exists) post some event (eg drunkenness) which would normally result in losing enough memory not to have been aware of the switch? He would end up in the lobby, but that's where he'd need to be to get an apartment regardless.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:17 am

Internet is still gone for some odd reason, but I had time waiting for my sub to post.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:49 am

Oi, oi, oi! 'Tis a good day. I love Saturdays. They're the best.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19536
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:50 am

Hello all! Happy Summer Solstice! First day of summer.

Good news: Summer Sun Celebration in Equestria. LET US PRAISE CELESTIA, OUR PRINCESS AND GOD! SLAYER OF NIGHTMARE MOON!
Bad news: NS Summer. Hold tight, it's going to be a ride.
P2TM Mentor, TG w/ RP questions
★ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
End Child Marriage In the U.S.
Art
Blog
Support
Vanity page
adhouse

"Gio has said "fuck you" a few times prior in this chat.
At her phone, at a friend over the letter x, at poe's law,
at me once, at NA once, at pokemon a lot, at people
who do not like polishing rocks, at god, and I stopped
reading after page one of search results but there's two more"
—Ever-Wandering Souls

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:57 am

Giovenith wrote:Hello all! Happy Summer Solstice! First day of summer.

Good news: Summer Sun Celebration in Equestria. LET US PRAISE CELESTIA, OUR PRINCESS AND GOD! SLAYER OF NIGHTMARE MOON!
Bad news: NS Summer. Hold tight, it's going to be a ride.


Summer came early. Note the blooming of the Euphoria posters to receive the fertilizing seed of the Creationism Trolls. They're thriving, despite the competition with the invasive Liberal-tard-vs-Edgy Skinhead cirkle-jerk and Europe threads.

No wonder my allergies are fucking up. I need to get out of the flowers. Just wait until fall for the grass to dry out and die again.

And then comes Thanksgiving with kickass turkey and dressing :p
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:58 am

Watching that CNN show about the 60's, It's awesome.

Summer brings out the worst of every group of NS' ers

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:09 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Watching that CNN show about the 60's, It's awesome.

Summer brings out the worst of every group of NS' ers


I think I watched that in 10th grade.

I loved watching the hippies get beaten up. I also liked when they get stoned at Woodstock.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Torsie, it's a new series.

:p

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:13 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Torsie, it's a new series.

:p


Oh, damn. I remember seeing the add and thinking it was that movie, the 60's or something.

Eh, I still liked those two parts.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19536
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:15 pm

My grandparents were hippies, Torsi.
P2TM Mentor, TG w/ RP questions
★ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
End Child Marriage In the U.S.
Art
Blog
Support
Vanity page
adhouse

"Gio has said "fuck you" a few times prior in this chat.
At her phone, at a friend over the letter x, at poe's law,
at me once, at NA once, at pokemon a lot, at people
who do not like polishing rocks, at god, and I stopped
reading after page one of search results but there's two more"
—Ever-Wandering Souls

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Giovenith wrote:My grandparents were hippies, Torsi.


My grandma was a hippie, too...and my aunts and dad...

Sorry.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
The BranRiech
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31391
Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:20 pm

I've got no idea who my family was. We were a mostly military family though, so I've got no idea.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Infected Mushroom, Kaziimar, Mediama, The Archipelago Territory

Advertisement

Remove ads