NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Well, alright. Sorry I guess.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Cerillium wrote:You posted and haven't posted since. Ocho thanked both and turned to engage with the cat in his path. Calle can comment on the cat. My character isn't sticking around much longer. He needs to hit the reception desk just like all characters do.

I noticed that, but there's not much there for me to post, looking at it from my perspective.

Calle observed the skin drooping over the weird creature's eyes. It reminded her of (something back home), and she recalled Septimus' last statement.

"Anyway, they don't use criminals because they're too (expand from there."

:p
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Pineapple and sunflower seeds for our fennec.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Mon, are you waiting for someone?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Giovenith wrote:Mon, are you waiting for someone?

I suppose this was missed.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Mon, are you waiting for someone?

I suppose this was missed.

I saw, I assumed it was stalling till someone replied and we could reach the place where Kwa'a is. I'll make a reply if it's needed.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Giovenith wrote:

I saw, I assumed it was stalling till someone replied and we could reach the place where Kwa'a is. I'll make a reply if it's needed.

It's not required. I planned on just skipping on over to the Sanitarium tonight.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

It's not required. I planned on just skipping on over to the Sanitarium tonight.

That's best.
she/her

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Long day?

Overly so.

@Agy. LOL.

Nothing quite like a ball of cuteness to tenderize a serious character.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:It's not required. I planned on just skipping on over to the Sanitarium tonight.

That's best.

Sounds good.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Crunch time in the comp sci lab. Will post later tonight if possible but no promises. Sorry!
First as tragedy, then as farce

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Cerillium wrote:Calle observed the skin drooping over the weird creature's eyes. It reminded her of (something back home), and she recalled Septimus' last statement.

"Anyway, they don't use criminals because they're too (expand from there."

:p

Can't really do that right now because Ocho just asked about the cat. I'm not going to interrupt conversation.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Highfort wrote:Crunch time in the comp sci lab. Will post later tonight if possible but no promises. Sorry!

No rush.

I'm logging off soon. I'm fine if you have him name drop and move on; my planned response was an affirmative nod anyway.

@ALL. Once again: let me know if a character is missing from your tab. You may need to remind me through more than one TG. My inbox floods and there are times I don't see the TG at all.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Hello again, boys, girls, and non-identifyings.
Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname: TNEL

Character Name: Adrisal Iracuse

Character Gender: Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Arkadacian

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Five feet tall, nine inches. 95 pounds. Appears to be about eight years old but in actuality is multiple thousands of years old

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i58.tinypic.com/dbi3gg.jpg

Primary Skill or Power: "Smoke-form"

The combined ability to spit out foul-smelling and potentially incapacitating smoke from her mouth and nose as well as to briefly transform herself into pure smoke and move around, being incapable of touching anything or interacting but also incapable of being touched or interacted with.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Becoming smoke is physically taxing and five sustained minutes in that form would be like sprinting at top speed for ten minutes. She is also incapable of actually killing with her smoke, only crippling for a few hours.

Secondary Skill or Power: Knife fighting
Time spent in the mountains of Nepal and accompanying Nepalese troops during the Anglo-Nepal war taught her a thing or two about the use of knives. More specifically, the well-known Khukri. She carries one on her at all times and despite her small frame is agile and at least strong enough to land several powerful chops on an opponent's body.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She isn't exactly a marathon runner and as such will get tired in sustained and direct fights. In the case of multiple opponents she will most likely flee.

Character Background/Biography: Born to a small tribe in Neolithic Tinell, Adri was raised alongside an older sister (Crysal Iracuse) who is generally much more known and popularized in historical records. While she did share the trait of not-aging with her sister, it started, rather tragically, at age eight, essentially leaving her with the form and occassional emotional status of a child. She accompanied her throughout her quests and trials until the Fall of Constantinople in 1453, where (according to her), she witnessed her elder sister flee the scene and abandon her in the chaos. She survived and fled east to Asia, where she spent the next several hundred years wandering, usually following groups of soldiers whom she would pray for and offer spiritual advice to, no matter what the religion. During the 1940's she found herself at the scene of a nuclear explosion, and while far away enough to escape being vaporized, she lost her left eye to the intense heat and suffered burns to the left side of her face, which have mostly healed by now, just leaving somewhat tattered fur on her. Slowly making her way back to the western side of the world, she finds herself in a place that doesn't resemble the world she left in 1453. A new Europe and a country she had only heard of awaited her... But of course, she had to take one step at a time. Her country had pegged her as long dead and she had been forgotten by time. She would make her grand return... but not yet. Spending the last several years travelling almost exclusively on foot, she's decided to relax for a few months in Bielefeld, amongst other things.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Part of the Tinellian faith revolves around spreading the religion and encouraging others to join through good deeds. Assisting those in need, helping to steer people on the correct moral path, and providing a good face for the religion. Though she holds no official ties to the organized faith she still follows it and intends on spreading the words of her gods. There is, of course, a more ulterior motive to her presence, but that has yet to be shown. She also considers this to be a break from her walking of the Earth.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ,_1915.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.) Don't have any on me at the moment beyond previous posts in Personification Life. I will look them up and find them if the need arises.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: A perpetually young wanderer who has spent the last 500 years on the Eastern part of the globe and has just recently returned to the Western hemisphere under the auspices of spreading her faith and providing charitable services and emotional support to citizens in Bielefeld. She can be considered kind, though she is not a force to be trifled with and usually has a scheme in mind.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvilLand on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Enjoy, Agy!

Seen on Town of Salem fora, in a signature:

-Cerilium, one of the cutest and best moderators
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Enjoy, Agy!

U wot m8

Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 pm

I didn't do it, Boss.
mumblemumblemumble

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 pm

A little over a week ago, I asked:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Does anybody have any magic-using characters on stage in the Building now? Sandy would like to talk to one.

Which got the responses:

Tiltjuice wrote:Luce is floating about somewhere with Matthew. Seventh floor, I think it was. Lemme check.

No, just somewhere.

The BranRiech wrote:I've got a few, only two of them are active right now.

Toscha (Hanging out in his apartment), and Yuna, probably in her apartment as well. :p

So, either of you still have characters available for talking to?

It's been a busy week here in sand-castle land, but I should have time over the next few evenings to play. (Somebody might be interested in a 1:72 scale sand-castle model of Minas Tirith, and I've been working on figuring out how to build that. :p)
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm popular, even if they misspelled my name. :p

@TNEL. Will review it shortly, but might not respond until tomorrow. Running on fumes and my day starts at 4 AM.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:

I'm popular, even if they misspelled my name. :p

@TNEL. Will review it shortly, but might not respond until tomorrow. Running on fumes and my day starts at 4 AM.

Sure thing. I've been out of it since October, a day or two won't kill me.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:39 pm

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:Hello again, boys, girls, and non-identifyings.

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): Five feet tall, nine inches. 95 pounds. Appears to be about eight years old but in actuality is multiple thousands of years old

The combined ability to spit out foul-smelling and potentially incapacitating smoke from her mouth and nose as well as to briefly transform herself into pure smoke and move around, being incapable of touching anything or interacting but also incapable of being touched or interacted with.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Becoming smoke is physically taxing and five sustained minutes in that form would be like sprinting at top speed for ten minutes. She is also incapable of actually killing with her smoke, only crippling for a few hours.

Time spent in the mountains of Nepal and accompanying Nepalese troops during the Anglo-Nepal war taught her a thing or two about the use of knives. More specifically, the well-known Khukri. She carries one on her at all times and despite her small frame is agile and at least strong enough to land several powerful chops on an opponent's body.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: She isn't exactly a marathon runner and as such will get tired in sustained and direct fights. In the case of multiple opponents she will most likely flee.

Character Background/Biography: Born to a small tribe in Neolithic Tinell, Adri was raised alongside an older sister (Crysal Iracuse) who is generally much more known and popularized in historical records. While she did share the trait of not-aging with her sister, it started, rather tragically, at age eight, essentially leaving her with the form and occassional emotional status of a child. She accompanied her throughout her quests and trials until the Fall of Constantinople in 1453, where (according to her), she witnessed her elder sister flee the scene and abandon her in the chaos. She survived and fled east to Asia, where she spent the next several hundred years wandering, usually following groups of soldiers whom she would pray for and offer spiritual advice to, no matter what the religion. During the 1940's she found herself at the scene of a nuclear explosion, and while far away enough to escape being vaporized, she lost her left eye to the intense heat and suffered burns to the left side of her face, which have mostly healed by now, just leaving somewhat tattered fur on her. Slowly making her way back to the western side of the world, she finds herself in a place that doesn't resemble the world she left in 1453. A new Europe and a country she had only heard of awaited her... But of course, she had to take one step at a time. Her country had pegged her as long dead and she had been forgotten by time. She would make her grand return... but not yet. Spending the last several years travelling almost exclusively on foot, she's decided to relax for a few months in Bielefeld, amongst other things.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Part of the Tinellian faith revolves around spreading the religion and encouraging others to join through good deeds. Assisting those in need, helping to steer people on the correct moral path, and providing a good face for the religion. Though she holds no official ties to the organized faith she still follows it and intends on spreading the words of her gods. There is, of course, a more ulterior motive to her presence, but that has yet to be shown. She also considers this to be a break from her walking of the Earth.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ,_1915.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.) Don't have any on me at the moment beyond previous posts in Personification Life. I will look them up and find them if the need arises.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: A perpetually young wanderer who has spent the last 500 years on the Eastern part of the globe and has just recently returned to the Western hemisphere under the auspices of spreading her faith and providing charitable services and emotional support to citizens in Bielefeld. She can be considered kind, though she is not a force to be trifled with and usually has a scheme in mind.

Approved. TG me the app's link so I'm reminded to do the coding for it.

Bear in mind that some characters wear respirators. Others are alien or magical and her smoke won't interact with or impact their bodies. Still others think roses stink and rotting corpses are the perfect perfume.

Was her apparent age a typo? She might be overlooked if she's a child, or not taken seriously by others.

You'll need to wait for a CoOP to get her in. Front reception desk process, etc. Tilt/Min/Swith: I put her in 7G.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Righto Cer, yes you are! =P
mumblemumblemumble

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Cerillium wrote:
TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:Hello again, boys, girls, and non-identifyings.

IMPORTANT:

Approved. TG me the app's link so I'm reminded to do the coding for it.

Bear in mind that some characters wear respirators. Others are alien or magical and her smoke won't interact with or impact their bodies. Still others think roses stink and rotting corpses are the perfect perfume.

Was her apparent age a typo? She might be overlooked if she's a child, or not taken seriously by others.

You'll need to wait for a CoOP to get her in. Front reception desk process, etc. Tilt/Min/Swith: I put her in 7G.

Certainly.

I'll keep that in mind. She's primarily dealt with humans so that's where that skill is based for countering, naturally.

She does indeed appear eight years old but could potentially pull off being an adult assuming she is dealing with someone not familiar with her race. But yes, I understand that is a handicap for her but one I can work with. I like a challenge.

Sure thing. Should I type an introductory post, then?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 pm

TotallyNotEvilLand wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Approved. TG me the app's link so I'm reminded to do the coding for it.

Certainly.

I'll keep that in mind. She's primarily dealt with humans so that's where that skill is based for countering, naturally.

She does indeed appear eight years old but could potentially pull off being an adult assuming she is dealing with someone not familiar with her race. But yes, I understand that is a handicap for her but one I can work with. I like a challenge.

Sure thing. Should I type an introductory post, then?

Yup. Tilt's still online, although he, too, works in the morning.

G'nite all.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Goodnight Cer.

Slobo, feel free to post. I can reply for both you and TNEL.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse