NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qeno
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qeno » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Cerillium wrote:Operation: Dust Off (I didn't name it that.)
The dust bunnies appear to be inanimate. They don't move at all (yet); some are harmless sewn sacks while others will be like Marcus' gift. They'll come into play after the return to Bielefeld. Mon's running a short story once we transition. We'll do Dust Off after that. It's meant to be a lively game similar to NS's Capture the Flag.

Swith mentioned transitioning to the next day in IC thread. Tilt and Min have been running a miniadventure. Bran hoped to run his miniadventure. We could close out the day and pick up with these the following morning. Thoughts?

So in the Operation...the dust bunnies start to move?

Then that changes what my character was going to do with it, Sounds interesting
(Keep it in her pocket dimension~)
Desired Tech Level: Future Tech
My nation's pronounciation: Key-No
National government: A imperialist constitutional monarchy with a matriarch as a ruler and an assembly to advise her will
Anti-realist in RPs

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Qeno wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Operation: Dust Off (I didn't name it that.)
The dust bunnies appear to be inanimate. They don't move at all (yet); some are harmless sewn sacks while others will be like Marcus' gift. They'll come into play after the return to Bielefeld. Mon's running a short story once we transition. We'll do Dust Off after that. It's meant to be a lively game similar to NS's Capture the Flag.

Swith mentioned transitioning to the next day in IC thread. Tilt and Min have been running a miniadventure. Bran hoped to run his miniadventure. We could close out the day and pick up with these the following morning. Thoughts?

So in the Operation...the dust bunnies start to move?

They'll be lively.

She can keep it in her pocket dimension. It'll find its way back. They'll reform if taken apart. They'll reanimate if set on fire. It's - interesting - what they can accomplish thanks to Naomi screwing up her Chaos magic.

Did I read the IC right? Naomi went on a walkabout?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Qeno wrote:So in the Operation...the dust bunnies start to move?

They'll be lively.

She can keep it in her pocket dimension. It'll find its way back. They'll reform if taken apart. They'll reanimate if set on fire. It's - interesting - what they can accomplish thanks to Naomi screwing up her Chaos magic.

Did I read the IC right? Naomi went on a walkabout?

So far as I can see, Cer, she may be ABOUT to go on a walkabout but at present is still walking on the beach. I'd expect that she'd react to/grab her presents first, at least.

As far as moving to the next day goes... I personally would prefer to delay that to allow further interaction.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Delay we shall!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Hullo.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Hullo.

Que pasa.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Hullo.

Que pasa.

Mines.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Cerillium wrote:Delay we shall!

Well . . . Alright then.

Qeno
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qeno » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
Que pasa.

Mines.

Or possibly the sky, I can't say for certain
Desired Tech Level: Future Tech
My nation's pronounciation: Key-No
National government: A imperialist constitutional monarchy with a matriarch as a ruler and an assembly to advise her will
Anti-realist in RPs

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:48 pm

I had fun up north, but it's good to be home again. I'm good with transitioning IC anytime.

The Wonderful Guide to Pony Swearing (as established in PL)
"Tartarus" = hell
"Sweet Celestia"/exclamations involving "princess" = Jesus Christ, oh my god, my god, etc./"lord" becomes princess, as in Oh lord, or oh my lord
"Gelding" = Catch-all for general obscene names (toward males); bastard, asshole, dick, fucker, etc.
"Salt-sucker" = Actually not an equivalent to "cock-sucker," more to provoke an image of an unhealthy, lazy, good-for-nothing, almost "drunkard."

A lot of bronies like to be punny and use "buck" as an equivalent to "fuck" in pony speech, but I personally think this is just silly, as in a society of equines "buck" feels like it would be too common and necessary of a word in average speech (and indeed, has been portrayed as such in the show) to be considered an obscenity. Before Jasmine taught Willow the actual word "fuck" I mostly just used "freaking." Willow has been definitely going under linguistic osmosis in his time on Earth, and it probably won't be long until all trepidation toward dipping into the human cuss supply disappears.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:50 pm

List of gifts given by my characters and recipients thereof thus far. In all cases, see IC for full description. Items only present if not yet acknowledged at time of post, and already given at said time - Thriller is an exception for stated reasons.

Amanda: 1 fan shaped shell. Other half is Sandy's gift. (N)
Bran: Orangish shell.
Conservators: (all) "poorly drawn pictograms and pentagrams with awkward slogans, due to being "cultists." They did also each receive some sand, as well as some of the nicest rocks Nick had been able to find."
Giovenith: Adjustable necklace, lavender cord. (K) Note explaining that gift "is not dry". (N)
Hans: Small piece of obsidian. (N)
Kale: Various tropical seeds. (N)
Kei: Pumice pebble. (N)
Klaus: Small piece of obsidian. (N)
Lillian if present: Iridescent shell. (N)
Luce: Adjustable necklace, cord roughly matches eye color. (K)
Marcus: Small clear quartz. (N)
MB: Large piece of mica. (N)
Naomi: Note mentioning "fancy string." (N)
Nex: Small piece of obsidian. (N)
Reginald: Adjustable necklace, light brown cord. (K)
Rudolf: Nice large rock, flat bottom. (N)
Sandy: 1 fan shaped shell. Other half is Sandy's gift. (N)
Sapphire if present: Note mentioning "DNA" from "spider remains." Tiny blue rock. (N)
Sinyaya: Oyster shell containing small pearl. (N)
Turtleboss: Shell w/ interesting texture. (N)
Thriller if present: Gray cord bracelet sized for suit/mech, adjusts to twice size, several shades lighter than wrist of suit. (Has not been given yet, listed to prevent forgetting of relevant details.
Willow: Bottle of green paint. (N)

ANYONE PRESENT AND NOT ON THIS LIST (assuming of course that they were not mentioned IC as receiving something else) received a gift without a tag, either a shell or a small rock, as did anyone WITHOUT a present from Nick mentioned. This does include the guests, if they're still here.
ANYONE ON THE LIST BUT ABSENT will receive their gift later, assuming Nick remembers.

Rmwtyliin will give out gifts a few posts from now.
@GT: Are Thriller and Sapphire around?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:02 pm

So do we have a tree at the feast? And what size?
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:List of gifts given by my characters and recipients thereof thus far. In all cases, see IC for full description. Items only present if not yet acknowledged at time of post, and already given at said time - Thriller is an exception for stated reasons.

Conservators: (all) "poorly drawn pictograms and pentagrams with awkward slogans, due to being "cultists." They did also each receive some sand, as well as some of the nicest rocks Nick had been able to find."
Giovenith: Adjustable necklace, lavender cord. (K) Note explaining that gift "is not dry". (N)
Sapphire if present: Note mentioning "DNA" from "spider remains." Tiny blue rock. (N)
Thriller if present: Gray cord bracelet sized for suit/mech, adjusts to twice size, several shades lighter than wrist of suit. (Has not been given yet, listed to prevent forgetting of relevant details.

ANYONE PRESENT AND NOT ON THIS LIST (assuming of course that they were not mentioned IC as receiving something else) received a gift without a tag, either a shell or a small rock, as did anyone WITHOUT a present from Nick mentioned. This does include the guests, if they're still here.
ANYONE ON THE LIST BUT ABSENT will receive their gift later, assuming Nick remembers.

Kage isn't on the list right now, but I doubt anyone knows or remembered him as a resident given his short stint in the Zalgofest plot arc to have gotten him one hence why he shouldn't receive anything regardless. :3
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:List of gifts given by my characters and recipients thereof thus far. In all cases, see IC for full description. Items only present if not yet acknowledged at time of post, and already given at said time - Thriller is an exception for stated reasons.

Kage isn't on the list right now, but I doubt anyone knows or remembered him as a resident given his short stint in the Zalgofest plot arc to have gotten him one hence why he shouldn't receive anything regardless. :3

Nick and Rmwtyliin both intend to gift every single person present - Nick because he really appreciated receiving a few presents last year when brand new, Rmwtyliin because it seems more diplomatically appropriate than singling out a few people. The former has done this by wrapping a bunch of reasonably-attractive rocks and shells so that he'll have something to give people who are new, whom he's forgotten, etc.

What this means: Kage, if with the main group, has received one bark-wrapped gift from Nick, no tag. It is either a shell, likely smallish, or a rock, likely somewhat attractive and pebble sized. He will receive one from Rmwtyliin soon: it's a tiny lamp. Base is a shell, wick is resin-coated bark. Filled with resin, will burn circa 10 min depending on conditions.

EDIT @ CARLY: Waiting for someone else to post before I reply.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:01 pm

The Carlisle wrote:So do we have a tree at the feast? And what size?

It's inside the pavilion near a fireplace. The tree isn't very tall. 6' at most. Decorated with German glass ornaments. It's a memory from Sohpie's younger days, but it smells and feels real enough.

We could use some garland however. I don't think there's any hanging along the pavilion's edge or on the railings.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:05 pm

BRB. DInner calls.
mumblemumblemumble

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:So do we have a tree at the feast? And what size?

It's inside the pavilion near a fireplace. The tree isn't very tall. 6' at most. Decorated with German glass ornaments. It's a memory from Sohpie's younger days, but it smells and feels real enough.

We could use some garland however. I don't think there's any hanging along the pavilion's edge or on the railings.

Only 6'? MUAHAHAHA!!! I have a brilliant plan! A gift for all!

Just... need to get to the feast...
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:13 pm

So Fvaar, we just have to make a post acknowledging we got the gifts?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:16 pm

If anyone wants the pocket watch just go ahead and take it.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Giovenith wrote:So Fvaar, we just have to make a post acknowledging we got the gifts?

Or whatever standard procedure actually is for this. It looked to me like people were noticing, and reacting to, most of said gifts. I just don't want them to get overlooked OOC, and was concerned that my hastily-typed post might be tough to sort through.

@Ry: Pocket watch? *checks IC* Ah. Someone else is welcome to it.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Well, I don't have anything to do right now, anyone want to do anything?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:56 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Cerillium wrote:It's inside the pavilion near a fireplace. The tree isn't very tall. 6' at most. Decorated with German glass ornaments. It's a memory from Sohpie's younger days, but it smells and feels real enough.

Only 6'? MUAHAHAHA!!! I have a brilliant plan! A gift for all!

Please enjoy doing decorations but not the tree in the pavilion. It's a memory from someone's mind that's been brought to "life" by magic. I wouldn't care except that I've been doing a collab with Swith (Klaus and Minerva, with Sophie and the new baby) and the tree is central to part of it. :p

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:05 pm

I Would like to join this, but I'm confused..... Can someone help? TG me.
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Only 6'? MUAHAHAHA!!! I have a brilliant plan! A gift for all!

Please enjoy doing decorations but not the tree in the pavilion. It's a memory from someone's mind that's been brought to "life" by magic. I wouldn't care except that I've been doing a collab with Swith (Klaus and Minerva, with Sophie and the new baby) and the tree is central to part of it. :p

Oh no, Wasn't planning on doing anything to that tree. I figured it was something special. Just gonna do something else. Just a quick question on the tree. What kind is it? Douglas fir? Fraser? Spruce?
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:18 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Oh no, Wasn't planning on doing anything to that tree. I figured it was something special. Just gonna do something else. Just a quick question on the tree. What kind is it? Douglas fir? Fraser? Spruce?

Imaginary. :lol2: Klaus' curse is his insanity. If he believes it, it is so. If he believes he's dead, he dies. If he believes the shoelace he put on the floor is a Christmas tree from Sophie's past, it becomes that tree. In essence, it's still a shoelace though. It looks like an Nordmann Fir.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse