NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Giovenith wrote:I was waiting for Slobo.

I'll get my rear in gear soon. I had a long meeting this afternoon (2.5 hours) followed by a long phone call (almost an hour), and that really wore me out.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:38 pm

No problemo, know the feeling. Ugh, does not sound fun.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:I survived that last time.

Come to think of it, I think the only time Gio has ever been "dead" in any form of PL or storyline was in Fallout Bielefeld, and that wasn't even "on screen" or of my doing. Not that I'm complaining, I'm not eager to get characters killed for real (and by real, I mean main storyling/canon of course), resurrections rampant or not. Honestly, I'm still not even sure how Gio would go about being resurrected in the event that it did happen.

Giovenith would be one of the ones that wouldn't die. She, Mab, Kei and other gods would have a different role to fill.

Think of it less as "Cer kills all the characters" and more as "Cer takes the characters on a quest through Heaven, Asgard etc."

Neil shows up at *insert afterlife here*
"I'm back! And I won't burn the place down this time! I see this place is still as dull as ever."

"GET OUT!" replies every gatekeeper ever.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Giovenith wrote:I was waiting for Slobo.

I'll get my rear in gear soon. I had a long meeting this afternoon (2.5 hours) followed by a long phone call (almost an hour), and that really wore me out.

It's fine! No rush.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Post later tonight or tomorrow at latest.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:52 pm

I can't think of anything.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Cerillium wrote:No worry. I wouldn't run anything death-related until after characters return to Bielefeld.

Aw...

Cerillium wrote:Giovenith would be one of the ones that wouldn't die. She, Mab, Kei and other gods would have a different role to fill.

Think of it less as "Cer kills all the characters" and more as "Cer takes the characters on a quest through Heaven, Asgard etc."

Yay!

Incidentally, one of the guys is holding a storytelling session on Friday. Northern European mythology. Gio, you are invited as my guest if you can come out here. :P

*pokes Min and offers smores to a civet and a badger*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:I can't think of anything.

Luce is still examining the bus. Poor fellow, that must be a really intriguing vehicle.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:I can't think of anything.

Luce is still examining the bus. Poor fellow, that must be a really intriguing vehicle.

Tsu. Is still with Rmwtyliin. I can't really think of a response.

Gift for Tilt:
Penguin Tsu thinks of orcas
Last edited by Tsuyoi Tekikoku on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 am

Mon in a nutshell.

Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Qeno
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qeno » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 am

Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP
Your NS Nation's Nickname:Qeno

Character Name:Qeno

Character Gender:Female

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Nation personification (Human/Panther)

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): She is 5' 1", weighs 115 lbs, She appears to be 16, but is actually 300 years old

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1363629

Primary Skill or Power: Qeno can generate pocket dimensions and can re-shape the openings so that any objects she wants to put in the pocket dimension she can put there

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: The more stuff Qeno places in her pocket dimension, her mental health deteriorates proportionately and cannot recover until the items are removed from the pocket dimension. She is limited to 640 tonnes before feeling the need to drop everything in her pocket dimension and Qeno may need help retrieving those items since she can only lift tiny amounts compared to that

Secondary Skill or Power: She can heal others and herself with the use of magic

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: It reverses her apparent age by one year each time this power is used

Character Background/Biography:
Qeno was born after a tyrannical regime gave way to a social revolution that changed the government to a woman led aristocracy and she was discovered abandoned at the feet of the capital building in which caught the attention of one of the princesses that were just about to enter the building. One of the princesses brought her into the capital building and soon Qeno was adopted then was trained to act like a proper Nation personification. Over the course of 300 years she gave up claims to the throne and watched as her other adopted sisters did the same to leave the youngest as ruler of Qeno, time and time again.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Retirement from Politics

URL to Apartment Picture: http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/floor-plans-tv-shows-apartments-6.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Qeno is the embodiment of the economically powerful, science fiction, with a mix of fantasy and woman-led matriarchy of Qeno. Much like her country she enjoys the idea of shopping around for great but almost useless products in hopes for the perfect deal and she loathes the thought of discriminating against people on the terms of where the money comes from. She also has features of a black panther, Tail, Ears, and fangs with one more noticeable than the others.
Desired Tech Level: Future Tech
My nation's pronounciation: Key-No
National government: A imperialist constitutional monarchy with a matriarch as a ruler and an assembly to advise her will
Anti-realist in RPs

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Won't be on tonight; busy making Christmas ornaments for family and whatnot.

Lighter note, Passed a diagnostic APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) with 46 push ups in two minutes(Don't judge, left arm was killing me this morning from being an idiot and carrying totes in that arm and also sleeping on it last night), completed 81 sit ups in 2 minutes, and ran 2 miles in 15:40 (14 minutes close to the minimum but I was running down and back on a damn road so it sucked at the turn around).

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:Won't be on tonight; busy making Christmas ornaments for family and whatnot.

Lighter note, Passed a diagnostic APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) with 46 push ups in two minutes(Don't judge, left arm was killing me this morning from being an idiot and carrying totes in that arm and also sleeping on it last night), completed 81 sit ups in 2 minutes, and ran 2 miles in 15:40 (14 minutes close to the minimum but I was running down and back on a damn road so it sucked at the turn around).

Awesome!

Enjoy all your whatnot! :D
mumblemumblemumble

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:Won't be on tonight; busy making Christmas ornaments for family and whatnot.

My only judgement is that I judge that if I tried to do any of those things, I'd hurt myself. :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Not posting tonight. Early day tomorrow.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Qeno wrote:
Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Nation personification (Human/Panther)

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): She is 5' 1", weighs 115 lbs, She appears to be 16, but is actually 300 years old

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1363629

Primary Skill or Power: Qeno can generate pocket dimensions and can re-shape the openings so that any objects she wants to put in the pocket dimension she can put there

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: The more stuff Qeno places in her pocket dimension, her mental health deteriorates proportionately and cannot recover until the items are removed from the pocket dimension. She is limited to 640 tonnes before feeling the need to drop everything in her pocket dimension and Qeno may need help retrieving those items since she can only lift tiny amounts compared to that

Secondary Skill or Power: She can heal others and herself with the use of magic

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: It reverses her apparent age by one year each time this power is used

Qeno was born after a tyrannical regime gave way to a social revolution that changed the government to a woman led aristocracy and she was discovered abandoned at the feet of the capital building in which caught the attention of one of the princesses that were just about to enter the building. One of the princesses brought her into the capital building and soon Qeno was adopted then was trained to act like a proper Nation personification. Over the course of 300 years she gave up claims to the throne and watched as her other adopted sisters did the same to leave the youngest as ruler of Qeno, time and time again.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/floor-plans-tv-shows-apartments-6.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

Qeno is the embodiment of the economically powerful, science fiction, with a mix of fantasy and woman-led matriarchy of Qeno. Much like her country she enjoys the idea of shopping around for great but almost useless products in hopes for the perfect deal and she loathes the thought of discriminating against people on the terms of where the money comes from. She also has features of a black panther, Tail, Ears, and fangs with one more noticeable than the others.

I know you generate quality posts in OM&T so I'm not worried about your RP experience.

I'd prefer it if you added a power scale to her abilities. Rather than fill out the entire power scale app, take 12 points and divide them however you like between the two skills, no more than 8 points in her primary power/skill. This allows us to have balance and, should I need to consider dice rolls for healing, I'll have a number to base it off of.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Alright, I was going to corral everyone together, but where's the fun.

'Cause evil.

I've got a draft in for Torsi and myself, I'll add the rest of you (Tilt, Bran, GT, and Rygon) into the post tonight.

Just remember I post slow so don't expect a blitz or anything when the ball gets rolling :roll:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Alright, I was going to corral everyone together, but where's the fun.

'Cause evil.

I've got a draft in for Torsi and myself, I'll add the rest of you (Tilt, Bran, GT, and Rygon) into the post tonight.

Just remember I post slow so don't expect a blitz or anything when the ball gets rolling :roll:

I mango you.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
I mango you.

now I want a mango -grabby hands-

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
I mango you.

now I want a mango -grabby hands-

Mango! :p Civet Grabs Mango attack was super effective.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Can you pay a rainbow to be less beautiful? NO! Such is Mango.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Just got back from our Winter Choir concert, able to post and stuff now!

Qeno
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qeno » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Cerillium wrote:I'd prefer it if you added a power scale to her abilities. Rather than fill out the entire power scale app, take 12 points and divide them however you like between the two skills, no more than 8 points in her primary power/skill. This allows us to have balance and, should I need to consider dice rolls for healing, I'll have a number to base it off of.

Alright, So I'm guessing this is what you are looking for at the moment?
[spoiler]Do not remove this search tag: #PLAPP

Primary Skill or Power: Qeno can generate pocket dimensions and can re-shape the openings so that any objects she wants to put in the pocket dimension she can put there (Power scale 8)

Secondary Skill or Power: She can heal others and herself with the use of magic (Power Scale 4)

IMPORTANT:

Last edited by Qeno on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desired Tech Level: Future Tech
My nation's pronounciation: Key-No
National government: A imperialist constitutional monarchy with a matriarch as a ruler and an assembly to advise her will
Anti-realist in RPs

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 pm

@ Gio, Slobo:
I decided that Nick's research will occur "offscreen", for various reasons. Hence, he'll find the stuff, sit down at the computer, (still onscreen) and then be effectively parked for some IC time.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:@ Gio, Slobo:
I decided that Nick's research will occur "offscreen", for various reasons. Hence, he'll find the stuff, sit down at the computer, (still onscreen) and then be effectively parked for some IC time.

Alright.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse