NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:49 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Morlodania wrote:It wouldn't be soft... She'd be hitting his metal lower leg...

Alright, will edit that then!

Danke, I just want to make sure that it'd be correct.
I'm not used to PL Classic style RPing anymore.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:58 am

Morlodania wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Alright, will edit that then!

Danke, I just want to make sure that it'd be correct.

Oh, no problem. It actually ended up working far better to have her hit something hard! Not only did it eliminate the hand wave of her not investigating the impact on something soft - this girl has some martial arts/self-defense training and may well recognize the sensation or sound of hitting flesh - but it also gave me a way to show some personality and effects of background, so thank you!
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Morlodania wrote:Danke, I just want to make sure that it'd be correct.

Oh, no problem. It actually ended up working far better to have her hit something hard! Not only did it eliminate the hand wave of her not investigating the impact on something soft - this girl has some martial arts/self-defense training and may well recognize the sensation or sound of hitting flesh - but it also gave me a way to show some personality and effects of background, so thank you!

You're welocme. :3
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:02 am

FYI: About to edit instances of Rmwtyliin's name for consistency.
Edit: And edited. Feel free not to edit your posts; spelling in this era isn't that consistent anyway.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:12 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:FYI: About to edit instances of Rmwtyliin's name for consistency.
Edit: And edited. Feel free not to edit your posts; spelling in this era isn't that consistent anyway.

To be honest, I just copied the name from one of your posts. Same with your nation name.

:p

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:21 am

Little surprise Torii didn't take note of Jorgen's Russian.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:44 am

The BranRiech wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:FYI: About to edit instances of Rmwtyliin's name for consistency.

To be honest, I just copied the name from one of your posts. Same with your nation name.

I don't blame you. I do myself do that with some words, and let Auto Cucumber finish things like Fvaarniimalasaalakuuliia.

Incidentally, that long thing starting with F is about a third of the reason Rmwtyliin felt that remaining on a full name basis with these characters would not work. It's, although you might remember this from the app, her last name. :p

Edit: Aaargh.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:48 am

Morlodania wrote:Little surprise Torii didn't take note of Jorgen's Russian.

There are a lot of Russian speaking characters :p

Should I have her notice?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:52 am

SSHDFIBVWOUEBGVOWUGUFBVKSW--!

They're streaming Death Note on hulu. I may disappear and stuff.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:55 am

Giovenith wrote:SSHDFIBVWOUEBGVOWUGUFBVKSW--!

Your inner nerd is showing. Do you use H+?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Giovenith wrote:SSHDFIBVWOUEBGVOWUGUFBVKSW--!

Your inner nerd is showing. Do you use H+?

No, I ain't got the money for that.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Well, alright, I guess Bran will go somewhere else now.

;)

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Morlodania wrote:Little surprise Torii didn't take note of Jorgen's Russian.

There are a lot of Russian speaking characters :p

Should I have her notice?

If you want to. He speaks in fluently, but in a weird accent sort of way.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:03 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Well, alright, I guess Bran will go somewhere else now.

;)

But Torii and him could break off...

Actually, I could send Torii four different ways.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:But Torii and him could break off...

Eh, seems like Bran got left out of the current conversation.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:16 pm

The BranRiech wrote:

It's getting pretty hectic in the kitchen.

They could take it outside, or jump into another conversation, so long as we get somewhere.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:23 pm

The BranRiech wrote:

Sorry about that ... Also, not sure if you saw this OOC reply to you.

Fvaarniimar wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:To be honest, I just copied the name from one of your posts. Same with your nation name.

I don't blame you. I do myself do that with some words, and let Auto Cucumber finish things like Fvaarniimalasaalakuuliia.

Incidentally, that long thing starting with F is about a third of the reason Rmwtyliin felt that remaining on a full name basis with these characters would not work. It's, although you might remember this from the app, her last name. :p

Edit: Aaargh.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Whatever you guys want to happen. I'll try and be flexible.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Kassaran wrote:Your NS Nation's Nickname: Kass

Character Name: Kage Hito

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Nephilim

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age): 193cm/84kgs/19/19

URL to Character Picture, if any: Link

Primary Skill or Power: Nephilim Host- Being host to a Nephilim has its perks, so long as you know how to invoke the Nephilim Spirit within, which is something that young Master Hito here has yet to learn. This ability can dramatically improve his overall reaction time as well as his agility and dexterity. His strength however is something that can only be improved as a last resort. Latent abilities seem to include a heightened ability to heal- even going so far as to regenerate fingernails within a couple seconds if he concentrates enough-, an ability to somehow levitate to a very thin degree, though he isn't sure how he did it before, and a passing ability to catch on to other's general thoughts, which is again purely latent. The ability also has the chance of revealing the inner Nephilim Spirit within, but only in times of extreme duress at which point the Spirit materializes itself outside of his body and acts as a shield against any harm weaker than the strength of the being itself. That ability has only been used once before, and resulted in a comatose state which incapacitated Kage for nearly 3 weeks.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: He's host to a powerful spirit which up until a certain time was used to wandering the earth destroying humans because they looked at him the wrong way from beyond their actual ability to discern him from a speck on the horizon. Needless to say, this every much physical spirit now is trapped within Kage's body and they don't like it one bit, but tolerate it because Kage allows himself to be used on certain occassions when he is simply too tired or exhausted to want to continue on. Delighting in event he small things it gets to do on its own while Kage's consciousness is rendered inert, it has been known to put him in precarious positions before.

Secondary Skill or Power: He's a skilled... wait for it... gamer. Wishing for nothing else than to actually escape into a different reality where he doesn't have to put up with most of the issues that he does, he often hides in his room, doing nothing more than playing games for hours on end when he is not needed elsewhere, however, he doesn't have nothing of a life outside of gaming. He does visit a gym every couple days and is quite capable of swimming a couple hundred meters, though saying he wouldn't be sore after is a far cry from the truth. In essence, he's learned to tune out everything else that comes up in order to relax and play his relaxing video games -up until he rages at which point he's anything and everything which won't result in a fine from the landlord, but equally destructive enough to get out the infuriating rage that comes from dying after being so close to finally hitting the level cap in the Shade n' Blade online MMORPG he plays all the time.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: He's hardly the kind to enjoy bright lights. Shine a flashlight on him and he'll beg for mercy. Also, MSG-loaded snacks are his ultimate Kryptonite. If you're going to pull him away from something he's doing, best have a couple of these handy.

Character Background/Biography:He's on the run, after "awakening" at age 13, to be abandoned by his parents in the aftermath of being revealed as a host to a Nephilim Spirit. Now, how did he get into this predicament you ask? By doing the one thing he never should have in the first place, by using his Nephilim. Subject to harsh and violent bullying in his school while growing up as the abandoned child of a notably dysfunctional family already, he was one day attacked by some of the playground bullies whom were now taking the violence to the next level. At age sixteen, he was stabbed in the neck with a pocket knife, however when authorities finally arrived on the scene, the pocket knife was nowhere to be seen and only two victims were picked up. One being Kage, the other being the bully whom had attacked him.

When he finally awoke from his coma after three weeks in the hospital, he discovered that the child whom had attacked him now was dead, and no one knew how save for that the pocket knife had been used on the opposite bully and ended up killing him. Accused of initially attacking and murdering his fellow classmate, he now made his escape. Managing to flee the hospital, he went on the run, making his way across the world over the course of two years doing odd jobs for various folks until the present day which now has him entering a small part-time job position in the sunny city of Bielefield.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Well, Bielefield is just such an interesting place ya know, and the idea that he could actually have a nice calming feeling in a city as bright and sunny as it gives him a good feeling... ah who am I kidding? He's here because there was a cheap room for rent and he's decided he should go for it while working part-time in the city and trying to figure out how to use his ability.

URL to Apartment Picture: The Room
The Building

Link to RP examples: Well, I got in once before on just a Bio... hopefully I can pull that off again because I really am too lazy to follow through on this part and almost never do it as a result.
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details: Born as a host to a powerful spirit, Kage Hito now resides in the sunny little city of Bielefield hoping to settle down for a short while as he attempts to learn just what it means to be a Nephilim Host. He's an avid gamer, though exercise isn't out of his schedule entirely, it just takes a back-burner in comparison to many other things. Oh, and he likes heights and rain... don't forget that.

I'll need more time to review. RL is keeping me away today. I should be back later tonight.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The Fourth Reborn Ophanim Empire
Attaché

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby The Fourth Reborn Ophanim Empire » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname:

Opha

Character Name:

Venyx of Sectryl

Character Gender:

Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc):

Ophanite (alien)

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):

Venyx stands at about six feet tall (which is short for his species) and weighs roughly 200 pounds. Though he is 45, the yearly cycle on his moon is accelerated, and therefore, in earth years, he is about 27. He has dark, grey skin that protects him from the harsh rays of the sun on his homeworld, a purple film covering the irises and pupils of both of his eyes to block out UV rays, and true to tradition, his platinum hair is uncut and made into dreads that he wears atop his head in a bun.

URL to Character Picture, if any:

None (sorry!)

Primary Skill or Power:

Solider/Pilot

Power Weaknesses/Flaws:

Can be overzealous, does not think before acting, shoots first, asks later.

Secondary Skill or Power:
Mining

Power Weaknesses/Flaws:
N/A

Character Background/Biography:
Venyx was born with a soldier's heart and the restless passion of someone always vying for change. In the war of the reborn, as it came to be called, the fall of the Third Ophanim Empire saw Venyx fighting for his faction, a religious zealot who nearly gave his life for the fall of the oppressive government regime. Winning out against all hope, he and his brothers and sisters took the throne of Opha and created a new age, throwing the moon into a ritualistic cleansing of the losing side. The armies wiped out the standing populations of the other warring faction, leaving only those loyal to the reborn empire, and though Venyx had wholeheartedly supported the efforts, he was left feeling empty at the end of the battle. Then, as the new empire gained its footing on the promise that the pantheon would rebuild communities torn asunder and that this truly was the Ophanim Renaissance, dissenters began to arise, only to be snuffed out in great numbers by what the new leader called the Ophanim Military Police. Most people didn't take notice under the false pretense that they were now safe and supported by the new religious system of the Priesthood, but some, still itching to start something new in the aftermath of battle, saw the cracks in the shining white facade and wondered if they had truly gotten all they had been fighting for. These people, led by underground leaders made up of ex-soldiers and passionate civilians, began to gather information on the true intent of the new religious system. Unbeknownst to his husband, Venyx went against his vows of peace following the war and joined in these underground organizations, hoping to find a purpose again in something bigger than himself.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation:
Here to escape the deserts of Opha, a sort of extended vacation.

URL to Apartment Picture:
http://www.homecrux.com/wp-content/uplo ... g-home.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

I have RP experience, but nothing particularly solid I can link you to. Try any of these links though…They’re at least recent, if completely irrelevant for this particular character.

http://ashbishopofficial.tumblr.com/pos ... arrett-ash
http://ashbishopofficial.tumblr.com/pos ... ce-open-rp

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
Venyx is an Ophanim soldier inside and out, living for conflict, but loyal to those who can prove themselves to him. He is nothing without something to fight for, and in the absence of battle, he will seek out any way to feel needed, even if that means breaking the law. He is impressionable, but likeable, and can be extremely stubborn when he believes in something with his whole heart, though perhaps his ability to stand and fight is his greatest asset.
☩ ♛ "If at first you don't succeed, look around and find out who is trying to sabotage you telepathically. It is someone you know." ♛ ☩

+Marq | 18 | Human-ish

INFP
For all you know, I'm neither male nor female. For all intensive purposes, male pronouns will do just fine, thank you.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:58 pm

I see it. I'll let Cer the badger king know (he eats the big cheese and approves apps).
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I see it. I'll let Cer the badger king know (he eats the big cheese and approves apps).

I thought he was the big cheese. I do hope that he doesn't eat himself!

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:40 pm

We tend to get a lot of new people in the cold seasons, I've noticed.
she/her

The Fourth Reborn Ophanim Empire
Attaché

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fourth Reborn Ophanim Empire » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I see it. I'll let Cer the badger king know (he eats the big cheese and approves apps).

Fantastic, thank you kindly!

Escape from midterms, here I come!
☩ ♛ "If at first you don't succeed, look around and find out who is trying to sabotage you telepathically. It is someone you know." ♛ ☩

+Marq | 18 | Human-ish

INFP
For all you know, I'm neither male nor female. For all intensive purposes, male pronouns will do just fine, thank you.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Giovenith wrote:We tend to get a lot of new people in the cold seasons, I've noticed.

We could use it.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse