NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:04 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Man, I just love bringing down the mood in happy events in PL.

Action and reaction.

You've got other characters there too who are in perfectly fine standing.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Oh, jeez, I almost put an IC post in OOC... That would've been incredibly stupid.

Anyways, hello again.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Man, I just love bringing down the mood in happy events in PL.

ICELANDIC POPSTAR WITH OPERATIC DUCK

Tripin' on yee'onder down to Copenhagen wip mah hardcore läderhoozen, ill-giibit, rekt?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Van

Character Name: Van

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):
-Height: 6'2"
-Weight: 180 Lbs.
-18 Apparent Age
-15 Actual Age

URL to Character Picture, if any: Boom

Primary Skill or Power: Fire Manipulation
-The ability to move around any flame no matter the size or intensity, yet he cannot create fire.
-The ability to make his fire unable to be extinguished.
-The ability to have his Flame become significant brighter.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Size Problems
-He cannot increase the size or heat of the flame, but he can decrease both of those attributes.
-His fire will still burn him.
-His fire once moved spreads like wildfire.

Secondary Skill or Power: Water Manipulation
-The ability to move around any entity of water no matter the size or intensity, yet he cannot create water.
-The ability to make his water become ice.

Power Weaknesses/Flaws: Meteorological Problems
-He cannot increase the size of the entity of water, but he can decrease it.
-He can still drown in his water.
-If he uses his water power after the fire one, due to cold air interacting with the hot air, a small tornado will form which will vary in effect depending on the ratio of cold to hot air.

Character Background/Biography: Living in Italy was a bit difficult. He was born into a mafioso family in the southern tip of Italy on the east coast in a town called Siracusa. He lived in a sense of security, due to the fact that the local Don was a big fan of his father's pizza place on the sea front. Van soon became friends with a couple of the mafiosos who lived around there and became part of the Mafia when he was twelve, albeit just a lackey who was bringing water too and from bureaus and desks.The mob simply would not allow a kid to do criminal acts at that young age.

Nevertheless, he stayed with them and soon was even given junior-mafioso status. During school, he acts on his own and generally tries to work on his own no matter which kind of thing they are doing. He also has become almost romantically attached to music, particularly violins and the like. He would always listen to music in his room whenever he wasn't doing anything, and on his 14th birthday a friend of his from the mob bought him a pair of headphones, before quickly being murdered by a raid orchestrated by the police. Van has since then treasured the headphones almost as if it was his bible.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Student Exchange from Italy.

URL to Apartment Picture: Badabing

Link to RP examples: About three quarters down the page.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
As a young boy, Van quickly became part of the mafia, albeit a junior member who didn't commit any crimes. He is every bit a normal guy, minus the ability to control both water and fire, with a couple of exceptions. During high school he worked on his own for most of his projects and whatnot, but he was quite open with his friends outside of school, i.e. the people in the mafia. When he was 14, he received his first pair of headphones from a friend who was killed shortly after by a police raid. Now he lives on wearing his headphones so that the spirit of his dead friend can see the world with him.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Vancon wrote:

-18 Apparent Age
-15 Actual Age

-The ability to move around any flame no matter the size or intensity, yet he cannot create fire.

-He cannot increase the size or heat of the flame, but he can decrease both of those attributes.

-The ability to move around any entity of water no matter the size or intensity, yet he cannot create water.

-If he uses his water power after the fire one, due to cold air interacting with the hot air, a small tornado will form which will vary in effect depending on the ratio of cold to hot air.

Character Background/Biography: Living in Italy was a bit difficult. He was born into a mafioso family in the southern tip of Italy on the east coast in a town called Siracusa. He lived in a sense of security, due to the fact that the local Don was a big fan of his father's pizza place on the sea front. Van soon became friends with a couple of the mafiosos who lived around there and became part of the Mafia when he was twelve, albeit just a lackey who was bringing water too and from bureaus and desks.The mob simply would not allow a kid to do criminal acts at that young age.

Nevertheless, he stayed with them and soon was even given junior-mafioso status. During school, he acts on his own and generally tries to work on his own no matter which kind of thing they are doing. He also has become almost romantically attached to music, particularly violins and the like. He would always listen to music in his room whenever he wasn't doing anything, and on his 14th birthday a friend of his from the mob bought him a pair of headphones, before quickly being murdered by a raid orchestrated by the police. Van has since then treasured the headphones almost as if it was his bible.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
As a young boy, Van quickly became part of the mafia, albeit a junior member who didn't commit any crimes. He is every bit a normal guy, minus the ability to control both water and fire, with a couple of exceptions. During high school he worked on his own for most of his projects and whatnot, but he was quite open with his friends outside of school, i.e. the people in the mafia. When he was 14, he received his first pair of headphones from a friend who was killed shortly after by a police raid. Now he lives on wearing his headphones so that the spirit of his dead friend can see the world with him.

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately the ones responsible are unavailable at the current time due to RL events, but should return soon and then we can get all that sorted out. Apologies for the inconvenience. TG a link to your app to Cer if you haven't done so already, he'll get back to you when he can.

Other then that, we greatly appreciate your interest in our humble RP. I'm sure you'll do just fine here. You're able to string together words to form coherent sentences, that's a big point in your favor.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Vancon wrote:

-18 Apparent Age
-15 Actual Age

IMPORTANT:

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately the ones responsible are unavailable at the current time due to RL events, but should return soon and then we can get all that sorted out. Apologies for the inconvenience. TG a link to your app to Cer if you haven't done so already, he'll get back to you when he can.

Other then that, we greatly appreciate your interest in our humble RP. I'm sure you'll do just fine here. You're able to string together words to form coherent sentences, that's a big point in your favor.

Okay. I'll link my app to the appropriate people. I've been wanting to get into the RPing scene a bit more and due to the endless buttfucking that this receives for being one of, if not, the best P2TM RPs out there, I feel like it's my metaphorical duty to find out more. For science-y reasons.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:05 am

... I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 am

Bone Fort wrote:... I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment.

*pushes button*
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:11 am

Bone Fort wrote:... I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment.

It's whatever you take it as, preferably a compliment, but I can't control you. It's a free internet.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 am

That may be true, but what did you intend it as? That has just as much meaning as how it is received.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 am

Bone Fort wrote:That may be true, but what did you intend it as? That has just as much meaning as how it is received.

A very happy and eager compliment.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:40 am

How is telling us we're on the recurring end of an endless buttfucking supposed to be a compliment? Are you saying you enjoy buttfuckings? Because your statement implies you view buttfuckings as a good thing, which would imply that you enjoy them.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. You do you. I'm just curious as to your logic.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:53 am

Bone Fort wrote:How is telling us we're on the recurring end of an endless buttfucking supposed to be a compliment? Are you saying you enjoy buttfuckings? Because your statement implies you view buttfuckings as a good thing, which would imply that you enjoy them.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. You do you. I'm just curious as to your logic.

I'm implying that the buttfucking is creating exposure, and in in turn more people should be joining, by using myself as an example. Which is a good thing, no?

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:56 am

Vancon wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:How is telling us we're on the recurring end of an endless buttfucking supposed to be a compliment? Are you saying you enjoy buttfuckings? Because your statement implies you view buttfuckings as a good thing, which would imply that you enjoy them.

I'm implying that the buttfucking is creating exposure, and in in turn more people should be joining, by using myself as an example. Which is a good thing, no?

New people joining?

Not always good.

But I make exception for you, because vague association on Skype or whatever.

But anywho, it's very late. Will be back tomorrow.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:59 am

True, but there's plenty of other words and phrases that would've gotten such a point across. Buttfucking? An interesting choice of words.

Not that I view anything wrong with such a choice. It was your choice to make and I respect that.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:17 am

Giovenith wrote:

Action and reaction.

I think it's more along the lines of me barely even playing Drova anymore. He barely gets any screentime, and he just got pushed out of the birthday party.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 am

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
Action and reaction.

I think it's more along the lines of me barely even playing Drova anymore. He barely gets any screentime, and he just got pushed out of the birthday party.

Mon's character Brit is free in the lobby, or TNEL's new char in the market district.

I understand your frustration, but I need to play my reactions accordingly too. char!Gio essentially heard Drova say, "Mindless and random violence toward the birthday girl? Pfff, I don't care." There really isn't any other way she can react to that, people can and are judged about what they hand wave. I would say you can turn this into a development moment for him if you're willing to try.
Last edited by Giovenith on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 am

Vancon wrote:

-18 Apparent Age
-15 Actual Age

IMPORTANT:

Approved.

Tilt and Min, I gave him a rundown on the lobby and how to start. You know the procedure. Assign him any empty room on the list, please. Perhaps NA's old spot can be recycled. Or Eru's character can keep the apartment and we recycle his?

Bones, we found we retained players over time if we worked them into the setting instead of them just dropping in blind. We fill them in on the things they need to know, add links to references, ets.
Last edited by Cerillium on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:45 am

Some people want to join but are intimidated by the scope and size, so they whine about it. Others would give up their souls and bend over for a ride just to join but they're worried we won't approve them.

In truth, we approve just about anyone that has a handle on grammar and can follow the rules, and provided they don't have a Mod trackrecord. We take in experienced and inexperienced players, and those that are new to RP learn good habits.

An update for all those that didn't know (because Swith didn't want anyone to fuss over her or worry):

She had part of her thyroid removed yesterday. We won't know the pathology on it until later this week. She's been far too weak to game much, and this surgery won't improve her energy level much, but she should be back home tomorrow and back online either this weekend or next week. She wants to do uncomplicated story lines where she can just glide along. She's also going to spring a banquet on the MSU thread (all of you are welcome to join that organization in NS) but she's asked to post one-liners or basic posts. I'm fine with it.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 am

I'm definitely willing to try, just not right while I'm in school.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 am

Cerillium wrote:
Tilt and Min, I gave him a rundown on the lobby and how to start. You know the procedure. Assign him any empty room on the list, please. Perhaps NA's old spot can be recycled. Or Eru's character can keep the apartment and we recycle his?

Bones, we found we retained players over time if we worked them into the setting instead of them just dropping in blind. We fill them in on the things they need to know, add links to references, ets.

Will do -nodnod-

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:10 am

The BranRiech wrote:I'm definitely willing to try, just not right while I'm in school.

You can always have him try to apologize at the party, or track down Torii/Gio/whoever afterwards.

Or whatever. I mean, it all depends on your character, and other characters. Torii had a record of being mopy and angry at the world, as well as having a friend who her others didn't like. They could bring that up in a private discussion sometime.

Anyways, I just had the best fucking sleep of my life. I need to think on it.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:12 am

Man, all this stuffs going on and I'm just sitting here like "I start my new job in about two and a half hours".
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am

Bran, something to bear in mind:

Each time your characters have done something stupid, rude, whatever they all have the same reaction: they run off with their heads down and go have a cry. It's okay for people to be not appreciate your character. It adds a layer to them. People don't dislike you just because they dislike your character.

Take a look the MSU Pax and Congress threads. Swith's character, Min, is a bitch. Swith adores Dyste as a person, but Min made little digs at Dyste's character, Lady Tyfis. Tyfis is a sweetie, but Min the Fish is business-minded, ancient and crusty. In contrast to that, Swith has her little lizard construct (gentle and serving) as well as the new Human CIS rep (an upbeat geek with class). It's okay if people loathe the Fish; they know the Fish doesn't represent Swith.

Likewise, no one thinks you're Drova or vice-versa. Gio's character made a good point however; Drova and Octavian both sat around telling each other how better they were compared to "commoners". Drova has flashed that attitude before. He was aware of Octavian's antics. He then had to audacity to complain about having to be a king one day. Don't set him up as sullen and broody if you're not at a point in life where you can take rejection of that character by others. Those feelings aren't wrong. Those feelings prove you have a big heart. No shame in that.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:56 am

Also, I'm home for the evening. I have a lot to accomplish before bed so I don't plan to be online all night.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse