NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Monfrox wrote:[
Well Varona can't because she's still physically fit and is in one of those "special" units.

Cinnamon is on leave for X amount of days because she got in trouble back home.

That and I kinda want to show a bit of a different side. I've Sinyaya to do that total opposite of my spectrum already.

Or you could fashion a character from outside your nation. Break the mold. Stretch yourself a bit. :)

Hmmm....I know! I'll try one of the characters I played in an RP that's dead!

*starts flipping through book of past threads*

Uhmm....no....no....noooo.....no, she's a military-type too....no...no...still using military equipment...she's a gun....that was a GuP tank crew...that was an all female squad...nyet, tovarisch....I mean, she was a CAP cadet but...she was a Marine...another military type...that was my Vietnam RP...nyet, again...another female fireteam...she was a prison guard...she and he were ODSTs...

*slams book closed*

Are you seeing a running theme?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 pm

You know, it's normal to have a tendency to play things that you're best at being able to relate to. Hence why all my characters relate some way to art, a subject I'm at home with. I skirt around copy-cats by having them reflect different aspects or ideas of artists and the art world. Still, I feel like if I wanted, I could efficiently do other ideas.

Mon, maybe you could take a similar small step. Try a different aspect of military persons, possibly. There's way more to a military than just the soldiers and generals.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Giovenith wrote:You know, it's normal to have a tendency to play things that you're best at being able to relate to. Hence why all my characters relate some way to art, a subject I'm at home with. I skirt around copy-cats by having them reflect different aspects or ideas of artists and the art world. Still, I feel like if I wanted, I could efficiently do other ideas.

Mon, maybe you could take a similar small step. Try a different aspect of military persons, possibly. There's way more to a military than just the soldiers and generals.

Are you suggesting I go along with the retired ex-military character or are you getting at something else entirely?
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Heh, only other characters I have right now are two Lamia siblings who are typical American-Tourists, and then someone who was physically transformed into Kei for another RP.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Giovenith wrote:You know, it's normal to have a tendency to play things that you're best at being able to relate to. Hence why all my characters relate some way to art, a subject I'm at home with. I skirt around copy-cats by having them reflect different aspects or ideas of artists and the art world. Still, I feel like if I wanted, I could efficiently do other ideas.

Are you suggesting I go along with the retired ex-military character or are you getting at something else entirely?

I'm saying what I said, there's more to a military than the people who actually saw the battlefield. Nurses, engineers, inventors, people who stare at monitors all day.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Are you suggesting I go along with the retired ex-military character or are you getting at something else entirely?

I'm saying what I said, there's more to a military than the people who actually saw the battlefield. Nurses, engineers, inventors, people who stare at monitors all day.

Hmm...that'd be a challenge indefinitely...I'll need to do some serious thinking if I'm going to go with it.

Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Hmm...that'd be a challenge indefinitely...I'll need to do some serious thinking if I'm going to go with it.

If that doesn't work, you can try to work with other things you're interested in. For example, while I like art, I also like criminology and psychology (though I'm no expert like Tilt) hence where Princess Tiffany and *SPOILER* future one-shot characters came from.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Hmm...that'd be a challenge indefinitely...I'll need to do some serious thinking if I'm going to go with it.

If that doesn't work, you can try to work with other things you're interested in. For example, while I like art, I also like criminology and psychology (though I'm no expert like Tilt) hence where Princess Tiffany and *SPOILER* future one-shot characters came from.

I don't think I was here for that.

Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Do you remember User? She was you, a reflection of your hopes and shyness as well as a portrayal of being tough yet still feeling weak inside. She was your best character. Strip away the catgirl BS - it ruined her charm completely - and she would be your crowning achievement. She wasn't from the Zone, or in the military. She was just some hapless roleplayer that got sucked into a game.

You play a normal, intelligent person very well. Play what you know. User has evolved too much to recapture that beautiful and realistic feel but that doesn't mean you can't pour a bit of you into a young girl that didn't fare too well at college and was on her way home when suddenly sucked into this strange dimension. She thought she was unhappy before, and she most likely struggled with her lot in life; being in Bielefeld will mean that she comes to miss her old life - no Civil Air Patrol meetings, none of the numbers on her phone reach actual people anymore, the internet is this strange place where you can buy Raptor insanity but never find NS, and her parents and all their nagging are far far away and so very missed. She'd need to overcome that while finding her niche in Bielefeld, and she'll either grow as a person or shrink away because the circumstances have defeated her spirit.

There are precious few roleplayers that can pull that type of character off. You're one of them.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:27 pm

I'd like to try one of those kinds of characters, but then again, to me, that means I'd end up having to remove one of my existing characters to make more room, and I love all my characters too much.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:31 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I'd like to try one of those kinds of characters, but then again, to me, that means I'd end up having to remove one of my existing characters to make more room, and I love all my characters too much.

No one would need to remove a character to make a new character. Just park.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Dani is probably clawing the walls over my terrible portrayal of a Drone.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 pm

I guess I reflect a bit of myself in Torii...

I'm not nearly as open or emotional...

But still, wanting recognition, ambitious dreams, wanting to stay a kid, just to make a few. I'm a youthful fucker :p

Jasmine was intended to be more on my sense of humor side.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Cerillium wrote:No one would need to remove a character to make a new character. Just park.

Oooh, maybe Mon and I can make a character each, and maybe they both knew each other beforehand?

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:39 pm

I'm gonna need a few minutes here...maybe more...

You certainly don't pull punches, Cer.

Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:43 pm

I think pretty much any well-done character has a piece of ourselves in some aspect. Gio has more stuff related to me, but that's mainly because she's older. If anything, she's more of how I perceive my own thinking process.
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Monfrox wrote:I'm gonna need a few minutes here...maybe more...

Not when I know there's talent in someone. Ask Bran. We challenged him to out-write Swith and he rose to it and kicked serious ass. He's kept up that level for the most part. Still very proud of him!

@Gio. Your character reminds me of my youngest first cousin.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:45 pm

I think that's the writer in all of us: when we pour a bit of ourselves or select aspects of us that we want to portray in words. Devotion like that is hard to pull off but immensely satisfying.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I'm gonna need a few minutes here...maybe more...

Not when I know there's talent in someone. Ask Bran. We challenged him to out-write Swith and he rose to it and kicked serious ass. He's kept up that level for the most part. Still very proud of him!

I feel that my past in here carries weight on me still, even if I've been accepted back again.

I usually tend to associate the events with that of the game Spec Ops: The Line, especially the end.

I didn't mean to hurt anybody.

Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:I think that's the writer in all of us: when we pour a bit of ourselves or select aspects of us that we want to portray in words. Devotion like that is hard to pull off but immensely satisfying.

It;s a powerful and effective tool, though like any ingredient, too much of it and/or handled incorrectly can also lead to huge messes. *whistles and twiddles thumbs*
she/her

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:03 pm

I can only hit my stride in short bursts, when I can keep all the character concepts straight and know what is going on. I often amazed how much I've changed my characters, constant tweaking and revisions. Never how I want it and becoming a mess of contradictions..

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:05 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:I can only hit my stride in short bursts, when I can keep all the character concepts straight and know what is going on. I often amazed how much I've changed my characters, constant tweaking and revisions. Never how I want it and becoming a mess of contradictions..

It's alright, I can get that sometimes with Gio.
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Monfrox wrote:I feel that my past in here carries weight on me still, even if I've been accepted back again.

I usually tend to associate the events with that of the game Spec Ops: The Line, especially the end.

I didn't mean to hurt anybody.

We know. :) We're glad you're back.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Prim I'll wait for Dani before replying. I'll see if she wants to try to pick up Aegis' trail or else head back.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Greetings how are things?

Cerillium wrote:Prim I'll wait for Dani before replying. I'll see if she wants to try to pick up Aegis' trail or else head back.

Sounds good. Is the optical thing I mentioned alright? I tired to make it as passive as possible.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse