NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Lightwood wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:Thirty minutes ago, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky, the sun was blinding, and it was scorching hot...

Now, the sky is covered with clouds, the wind is blowing over my dumpster, and there's thunder and lightning everywhere.

My prayers have been answered. I can finally sit still for more than five minutes without being soaked in sweat. I am happy.

lol, where are you, florida?

Georgia :p
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:16 pm

You know, it's really awesome of the school to tell me I need summer school a week into the summer to make up for Chemistry. Fuck them. I'm not going to relearn stuff they couldn't teach me in the first place.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:30 pm

The BranRiech wrote:You know, it's really awesome of the school to tell me I need summer school a week into the summer to make up for Chemistry. Fuck them. I'm not going to relearn stuff they couldn't teach me in the first place.

That's exactly what I said all through 10th and 11th grade :p

I have a friend who just went through that. He had to go from 8-12 to work on the computer. All he did was set the videos to play, opened a new tab, and played games all day. He stayed up all night, we messed around, and he did all of his required work by himself at home, finishing sooner than almost anyone else. He already knew more about the material than some of the teachers; he just didn't see the point of doing useless work.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:34 pm

The BranRiech wrote:You know, it's really awesome of the school to tell me I need summer school a week into the summer to make up for Chemistry. Fuck them. I'm not going to relearn stuff they couldn't teach me in the first place.

I had to go to summer school last year because I was terrible at my math, severely. I was pretty mad when they told me about it too, but actually going there, it did help quite a bit. If your school is anything like mine, the teacher actually has time to teach you more directly and find out what your problems are due to the lesser amount of kids and longer time dedicated to the subject--you know, what learning is supposed to be like. Plus, they let us out of it as soon as we finished all the sheet work they gave us, which of course you have the ability to get done as fast as you can.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Meh, it's just all crap. I was fine with math this year actually, but Chemistry is such bullshit. It's not even a required class, except I failed it both semesters.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:29 pm

I was wondering why the OOC was getting cold...
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

In honor of traditions... (Also, Copycat info is here.)

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:21 pm

8)
That's the price you pay for being perpetually in two worlds- you're always on the fringes of things, always on the outside, never truly clicking in either.

EDIT: To make it easier to find info and link, the info for Copycat is being pasted to this spot. This is the official version, and the one which I'll update!

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Borksmiclen wrote:Story Interest Form
Ref: Fvaar (me)- but not playing a large role. There won't be any stating outcomes of actions beyond normal reactions of Nick and things happening to him if Nick isn't the one causing or influencing said outcome. If running adjacent to another story, ref for almost all practical purposes is whoever is reffing that story. Example of situation where an outcome on other player would be stated: Nick attempts to use power (presumably with permission or in already dangerous situation) on someone; as done during FOB with Torii, an outcome such as Nick assuming partial control over part of the other party's nervous system and the result of such (in the example case, improved balance) could be stated. Additionally, events which do not occur spontaneously IC may be partially organized OOC by myself with other players: which parties will go to the library to pick up Nick's books along with the fact that a party will do so, for instance.
Genre: Comedy, SF
Story name: Copycat
How many players needed: Unlimited. Can swap in and out at will, depending in circumstances. However, I probably wouldn't exceed 8 characters at a time, and Nick not only can't talk to many people simultaneously, he doesn't typically interact with more than one or two at a time. Minimum therefore is one person.
Restrictions (no magic, etc): If anyone has a suggestion, lemme know; an ability which would grant a character enough understanding of (any of) Nick's powers to render continuation of Copycat pointless (omniscience, for instance) would not be an absolute automatic disqualifier, but would result in character and/or ability needing to be somehow limited to some extent and hence would necessitate TG consultation prior to any interaction beyond, "So-and-so walked past a cat, whose name they knew was Nick, who was trying to understand his powers, and whose powers worked in a certain way; for such-and-such reason, they walked on past, without interacting with him in any manner other than perhaps a friendly wave."
Will characters face death: Extremely unlikely, but theoretically possible if something were to go horribly wrong; if running concurrent to/in conjunction with another story, risk of coming close to death due to participation in this story could be slightly higher IF the other is something that would REALLY stress Nick out. FOB, for example, would be such a story. And we're talking an increase from under a hundredth of a percent to around a tenth of a percent chance, and the odds are quite good that even then you'll pull through. As things stand, it looks like the worst anyone will risk being hurt anytime soon is muscle strain and/or bruised feet, although the former is actually quite probable for any characters with physiologies on a par with or below baseline human, to the point that I'll probably roll some virtual dice to determine who gets it.
How long do you expect it to run: Between a few days and a few weeks of IC time. The trope in question is going to be very thoroughly played with. Also, it could start no earlier than a week from now. (It's now later than that, and Copycat has started.)
Short overview: Nick gets something, probably a comic book,(multiple comic books and a few regular ones) from the library and runs into this trope. As a result, he tries it out (hands-on-head version) with comical results due at least in part to his physiology. Said trope will be thoroughly played with/explored. (As a sampling: placebo effect, issue with less skin available for communication, possibility of using power on self by accident... PLEASE feel VERY free to suggest others, as I could use the inspiration! These may be general, specific to the point of it being hard to think of any other character who would find xirself in the situation, or anywhere inbetween.) Additionally, his powers in general will be investigated.
The thing is, Nick is a bit insecure, and likely to seek advice and such from others... Which is where you guys come in. Rather notably, this evens the playing field even more than our great OPs and CoOPs already do- what matters here isn't physical strength, or esoteric power (although abilities similar to Nick's may grant insight into the situation) or anything of the ilk- what matters is one's mind and personality. A completely baseline in every way possible human could possibly help as much as a god, (although an omniscient god might be able to resolve the plot instantly- fortunately, we lack such game-breaking characters.) This is also intended to forward Nick's character development and provide info on multiple facets of who he is.

Link
Fvaarniimar wrote:We are going to timeskip, because not everyone can collab right now, I doubt this collab will be short, and this way we won't freeze chars IC. Meanwhile, we'll chip away at it, a bit at a time. We're covering, depending on whether we go into detail about the trip home and how chars get home, 3-5 hours, but we can insert smaller time skips, such as, "For a little over an hour after that, the group was curled up in comfortable chairs, reading and occasionally showing each other passages which had caught their eye or had made them laugh," to make it more manageable / less ridiculously long. Once we're done, I'll paste this into the timeskip post. Torii, unless as Torsi already has dictatesd otherwise without my remembering- mea culpa!, will not placidly read a book until the latter can get back online. Instead, Torii has headed off for unspecified activities. That does still go for anyone else who will be AFK for awhile, unless previously stated or implied that your character would not do so - your char will be engrossed in a book until you return. If you have another idea, such as a convo with someone, either type it up ahead if time or fill it in upon return. That being said- they're in a library, and reading books is certainly a logical action. Don't feel that you need to go overboard on parking.

Here's the link, courtesy of the very nice fennec.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PvJ ... sp=sharing

Do any of you have any questions or concerns?

Additionally, you can have checked out books and do not need library cards. And READ THIS.
viewtopic.php?p=19269546#p19269546

Real time: It's a bit after six. Characters are in an elevator headed to the seventh floor. No one should talk to Torii- Torsi is AFK and Torii is being parked ASAP, that is, almost the instant she gets to Nick's room. Otherwise, chars may chat. If their physiology is at or below baseline human, they will have some muscle strain; it's up to you otherwise.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:8)
That's the price you pay for being perpetually in two worlds- you're always on the fringes of things, always on the outside, never truly clicking in either.

my poor eyes >_<

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:41 pm

That hurt my eyes, but I like it.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Bran, I'm waiting on you before I post. Just putting that out there since I forgot earlier.

I'm gonna obsess over my M60A3 Patton model again. I love those tanks. Now if only I could get an Italian MC.202 model, and a T-55 with Reactive Armor...
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Internet's still down, waiting for it to come back so I don't have to spend an hour correcting my phone.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Rocopurr wrote:

That hurt my eyes, but I like it.

Thank you.

@ all: Anyone up for helping Nick carry books IC tomorrow?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:59 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Internet's still down, waiting for it to come back so I don't have to spend an hour correcting my phone.

Damn phones :p

I've been on my phone long enough that I don't mess up as much. Looking at the play store right now.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:That hurt my eyes, but I like it.

Thank you.

Yes.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Thank you.

Yes.

Great! Which character(s) do you wish to use?
(Note@all: as things stand we're talking 10-20 lbs. of books. Could end up as more.)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Yes.

(Note@all: as things stand we're talking 10-20 lbs. of books. Could end up as more.)

Dora, probably. *nods*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm

I'll be sending someone to help Nick.

Fvaar already knows the details.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Tabbing this.

And Bran, you owe me a reply.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm not in an IC mood right now, might post later tonight.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:

Dora, probably. *nods*

Cool *nods back*. The easiest way to do that would probably be for her to enter the lobby at some point during the morning, but not in a manner which would make it appear that she was in a huge hurry to get somewhere.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:30 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Cool *nods back*. The easiest way to do that would probably be for her to enter the lobby at some point during the morning, but not in a manner which would make it appear that she was in a huge hurry to get somewhere.

Righto. She's not, really. Poor woman has nothing to do. :lol2:
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Frontier Communications really needs to go and bite a bullet, seriously, the incompetent fudgewhistles continue to lie to us about when we're getting internet back.

According to their lies, we would have gotten internet back 2 days ago.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Cool *nods back*. The easiest way to do that would probably be for her to enter the lobby at some point during the morning, but not in a manner which would make it appear that she was in a huge hurry to get somewhere.

Righto. She's not, really. Poor woman has nothing to do. :lol2:

Which works great.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:54 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Frontier Communications really needs to go and bite a bullet, seriously, the incompetent fudgewhistles continue to lie to us about when we're getting internet back.

According to their lies, we would have gotten internet back 2 days ago.

Now I like my local internet a little more...I never had to wait that long.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse