This is the Director's thread for the Broken Typwriter episode. If you intend to be or if you are the detective for this episode, please do not read this thread! In case you stumbled upon this thread by Accident...
Link to original thread.
Scene 1: Café
Detective Meets employer
They exchange information
Detective learns address of missing Secretary's home.
Starts when Detective Visits the secretary's flat
Detective hopefully stars searching for clues and finds clues
While searching, Elaine (secretary's sister) arrives
Scene 3... WIP.
End of script (so far)
To the Cast:
Here is the plot:
A secretary goes missing. Her employer hires a private detective to find her (he does not expect the police to find her). The only clue will be a missing typwriter (belonged to the secretary) and a young woman, the secretary's friend.
Whats really going on:
The Chicago Mob and the New york Mafia are at war (For whatever reason). The don of the Italian Mafia had 2 daughters. The younger daughter got fed up with the cosa nostra and decided to run away. She convinced her sister to come along. They both settled down in Chicago, where the younger daugher got a job as a secretary while the older fell in love with a mobster (from the chicago Mafia). Soon after, the war broke out between the 2 gangs and the chicago mafia found out about the younger daughter. They kidnapped her for obvious reasons.
The rest of the plot will be discussed here.
Underlined characters are taken!
0. - The Characters: - The significance of their roles - Their Motive (Subject To Change)
1. - Martin Romkey (The Secretary's Employer) - Minor -
2. - Karen Antonelli (The Missing Secretary) - Minor - Escape Captivity
3. - Elaine Johnson (The Secretary's Sister) - Major - Wants to save her sister
4. - Joseph "Joe" Kowalski - Minor - Make some Dough Bootlegging, Defeat The Italian Mafia
5. - Martin McCluskey (The Crooked cop) - Major - Wants to find and kidnap the other daughter
6. - The Italian Mafioso - Minor - also searching for the 2 girls. May follow the detective around...
7. - Haywire - Minor - Friend of the detective. Make money selling underground information.
- Machine Shop Clerk (witnessed the kidnapping)
- The 3 Mobsters who kidnapped the Secretary
- Terry Jones - Extra mobster
All plot-Improving Ideas are welcome! The story is open-ended. You may change the motive of your character as you see fit. You may suggest Adding new/Removing characters aswell.
- Code: Select all
The more important your character is, the more information you should provide about him.
Please do not meta-game. Pretend as best you can to ignore information you aren't supposed to know about. If anything is unclear, ask Questions from me!
Police Station - (Crooked Cop's place?)
Speakeasy - (Haywire's Place?)
Warehouse - Where the mob keeps the kidnapped girl
Machine shop - The place the secretary went before getting kidnapped. Shop clerk's place.