NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unit 23
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Unit 23 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm sure the mods are reasonable.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Harbertia wrote:Any new RP concepts? My Mass Effect character RP concept might morph into something else- a non Mass Effect setting. I'm unsure; I mean not using MS would mean building something from the ground up and I do that great but I'd rather practice keeping a plot alive as that's my weakness. Yet as usual I have no plot :/

My RPs keep failing because of that.

I just have a situation to roll with and they keep failing.

I have thought of making BAtman LEgacies, again, it was the batman rp i proposed prior to PF rebooting The New Gotham. It would follow newer heroes and villains in a GOtham some years after the death of Bruce Wayne.

Gotham, has never been the most peaceful of places, it once boasted a crime rate higher than the combined sums of many other cities known for their crime. This changed when Batman arrived, he and over the years several protégé’s have done what they could to clean up the city. Just as they tried to clear Gotham of crime, there were those that sought to spread it. They would become some of the greatest foes of the Bat family, with Joker, Two-Face, and others being well known, even outside of Gotham.

It has been over a decade since Bruce Wayne passed away, and another took up the mantle. For a time the younger and more able members of the Bat family stayed in Gotham and assisted the new Bat, for a time. Inevitably, however, they left, leaving the new batman to do his best, and he did, becoming nearly as good as the original. It was not just Batman who got a new successor, as some of the past villains aged they passed their mantle and knowledge on as well, while a few settled down, had families.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Like, I'm pretty sure I need to pair up with a 'writer' who can work off of a setting. I intentially left my plots 'with no set conclusion' or 'planned outcome' for the players sake but it's not been working out so rather then revert to a previous ill on my part I feel I need to find a partner on NS- who can manage plots and discuss ideas with me- a real co-operator rather then someone who just- you know- reviews apps? I need someone more involved in the story and setting.

Anyone like that around here? I have so many settings I've created and so many RPs but all I've learned is that I can't manage a plot. I expect too much from the players, I need someone who can tell when to act and when not to- as that's where I tend to mess up- waiting three weeks for a post that never comes.

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Any new RP concepts? My Mass Effect character RP concept might morph into something else- a non Mass Effect setting. I'm unsure; I mean not using MS would mean building something from the ground up and I do that great but I'd rather practice keeping a plot alive as that's my weakness. Yet as usual I have no plot :/

My RPs keep failing because of that.

I just have a situation to roll with and they keep failing.

I have thought of making BAtman LEgacies, again, it was the batman rp i proposed prior to PF rebooting The New Gotham. It would follow newer heroes and villains in a GOtham some years after the death of Bruce Wayne.

Gotham, has never been the most peaceful of places, it once boasted a crime rate higher than the combined sums of many other cities known for their crime. This changed when Batman arrived, he and over the years several protégé’s have done what they could to clean up the city. Just as they tried to clear Gotham of crime, there were those that sought to spread it. They would become some of the greatest foes of the Bat family, with Joker, Two-Face, and others being well known, even outside of Gotham.

It has been over a decade since Bruce Wayne passed away, and another took up the mantle. For a time the younger and more able members of the Bat family stayed in Gotham and assisted the new Bat, for a time. Inevitably, however, they left, leaving the new batman to do his best, and he did, becoming nearly as good as the original. It was not just Batman who got a new successor, as some of the past villains aged they passed their mantle and knowledge on as well, while a few settled down, had families.

I remember that, I think I helped out with some aspect of it- but I can't recall what. I can help with setting and come up with 'plot prompts' but I've proven to be unable to keep a plot going. I've enjoyed the Arkam series on PS3, and have played a bit of the Tell Tale game. I like Batman from Justice League the animated series and Batman the animated series. I might not be 'in' to the idea of original characters but I remember your work and you've shown it to be possible so I'm up for this- not enthusiastic- but I'm up for it. I do have a question though, so I'm in the same boat- Batman Beyond yes or nay? I need to know so I can start getting a foundation on the setting. I need to know if Gotham is furturistic like that or - well- ahhah You'll have to fill me in XD
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:Like, I'm pretty sure I need to pair up with a 'writer' who can work off of a setting. I intentially left my plots 'with no set conclusion' or 'planned outcome' for the players sake but it's not been working out so rather then revert to a previous ill on my part I feel I need to find a partner on NS- who can manage plots and discuss ideas with me- a real co-operator rather then someone who just- you know- reviews apps? I need someone more involved in the story and setting.

Anyone like that around here? I have so many settings I've created and so many RPs but all I've learned is that I can't manage a plot. I expect too much from the players, I need someone who can tell when to act and when not to- as that's where I tend to mess up- waiting three weeks for a post that never comes.

Shadowwell wrote:

I remember that, I think I helped out with some aspect of it- but I can't recall what. I can help with setting and come up with 'plot prompts' but I've proven to be unable to keep a plot going. I've enjoyed the Arkam series on PS3, and have played a bit of the Tell Tale game. I like Batman from Justice League the animated series and Batman the animated series. I might not be 'in' to the idea of original characters but I remember your work and you've shown it to be possible so I'm up for this- not enthusiastic- but I'm up for it. I do have a question though, so I'm in the same boat- Batman Beyond yes or nay? I need to know so I can start getting a foundation on the setting. I need to know if Gotham is furturistic like that or - well- ahhah You'll have to fill me in XD

Well, not entirely original characters, but there will be original characters, as we know that Batman has passed the mantle onto others, and i see no reason why certain villains off his could not do the same. Newer heroes would be called in after a certain incident involving things, that would be detailed in the premise.

I had entertained it being similar to Batman beyond, but not that futuristic, somewhere in between rather.

It is more so to allow more original takes on established batman characters and villains, rather than forcing people to play a favorite character a specific way. I also would expect any legacy characters to take influence from their patrons, ie villains or heroes they studied under or such.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Like, I'm pretty sure I need to pair up with a 'writer' who can work off of a setting. I intentially left my plots 'with no set conclusion' or 'planned outcome' for the players sake but it's not been working out so rather then revert to a previous ill on my part I feel I need to find a partner on NS- who can manage plots and discuss ideas with me- a real co-operator rather then someone who just- you know- reviews apps? I need someone more involved in the story and setting.

Well, not entirely original characters, but there will be original characters, as we know that Batman has passed the mantle onto others, and i see no reason why certain villains off his could not do the same. Newer heroes would be called in after a certain incident involving things, that would be detailed in the premise.

I had entertained it being similar to Batman beyond, but not that futuristic, somewhere in between rather.

It is more so to allow more original takes on established batman characters and villains, rather than forcing people to play a favorite character a specific way. I also would expect any legacy characters to take influence from their patrons, ie villains or heroes they studied under or such.

I can work with this :) With clarity I can work on this with you.
Tomorrow is made today.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I can work with this :) With clarity I can work on this with you.

Well, I am still focusing on Welcome to Omega Station for the moment, and though i am planning the Batman: LEgacies concept, i have so many others that i could do.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I can work with this :) With clarity I can work on this with you.

Well, I am still focusing on Welcome to Omega Station for the moment, and though i am planning the Batman: LEgacies concept, i have so many others that i could do.

That's understandable so just contact me when your ready. I do look forward to advancing the Omega RP- I've been talking to Bing about my difficulties and I think his advice has brought me back into bearing.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Alright, I think I've got something for a character RP in Mass Effect. It'll utilize the before mentioned timeline but start earlier then MS3.

Mass Effect: Responsibility

Restrictions: One Species Option (Turian) + Some Background Details described below

The PLOT: The RP is to focus on at least 5 Turian characters who where going through Boot Camp (civil service recruitment and training) at 15-17 years of age during the Relay 314 Incident. This is the commonality that connects the characters as it's been 26 years since that incident and the characters have moved on but something happened at Boot Camp during that three month conflict and that something has brought the characters back together- as it must be resolved for all their sakes.

Problem: I have no idea what that something is that would bring them together after so many years.

Ideas?

Perhaps instead of Boot Camp the actual conflict be the link? Such however would restrict the players further with a more focused profession as backstory and would also make them slightly older their 30s or early 40s.
Tomorrow is made today.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I was thinking of trying a RP with a bit of an unusual concept. The concept is basically the same as the books Machine of Death and This Is How You Die. More on the concept here and here.

Premise: A machine was invented that can predict how a person can die. All it needs a sample of your blood and it will print out a card with block letters. It can vary from DROWNED, CANCER, OLD AGE, or CHOKED ON A HANDFUL OF POPCORN. Vague or clear. Nothing else. No other details. However, some predictions can be too vague, such as OLD AGE. It can mean from dying of natural causes, or getting shot to death by a bedridden man in a botched home invasion. The machine was tested before being announced to the world, as people had to wait till they die to see if the results were accurate. After that, it was shipped out worldwide. A machine can be found in every doctor's office or booth in a mall. The important thing is that no matter how much you use the machine, the result will stay the same. Meaning there is no way to change your fate when the machine shows you that card.

Problem: I don't want the RP to be structured as Final Destination. The way it was structured in the books was that the characters try to find out about their prediction and try to either cope or be paranoid at what they get in the card.

Worldbuilding Ideas: My first idea for building the world is I want the setting to be basically Earth itself. Basically set on the day the machine is first released to the public and how they react to it. Since this is a RP about death, any character can die at literally any time you like.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am

Harbertia wrote:This philosopher is still at it? Why are you attempting to disrupt the social order? It's working just fine, did some operator deny your character application and in response you've gone on a mission to ruin the RP experience for the rest of us?

I find the meta analysis useful, tbh. I was planning to do similar stuff but ended up just not doing it because of plain laziness. I don't know exactly who Unit 23 is(or rather, I have an idea but I don't know the player that well), but I don't know how he's disrupting anything or ruining anyone's RPs.
don't tread on me

Jackania yugo
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jackania yugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:51 am

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: A group has been kidnapping people and turning them into human-pokemon hybrids, possibly for nefarious reasons. It's up to you, a member of PTFRF (Pokemon transformation rescue force), as well as other memebers to fight back aganist them and stop their plans by raiding bases, attacking convoy Etc. Good luck soldier.
Genre/s: action, thriller, early sci-fi/PMT.
Character or Faction Based: chracter
Detailed Description: This RP is set in a version of the pokemon universe where you are a member of the PTFRF, a group set up to stop people and groups from creating hybrids for aggressive/unethical reasons. You can either be a full human or a variation of a hybrid. Guns are included but if you are a hybrid you get to use elemental powers aswell. This will be PMT so this means there will be advanced militray tech such as plasma rifles.
This nation a funsion between capitalism and social democracy (the only type of socialism made to actually be incorporated into capitalist governments rather than trying to destroy it).

This nation is PMT/FT. Sometimes modern tech.

We sometimes use pokemorphs and digimon in our armed forces. Sometimes

We are technically centrist.

This nation is a reunited Yugoslavia (and also sometimes controls the UK as well).

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:15 am

Harbertia wrote:Alright, I think I've got something for a character RP in Mass Effect. It'll utilize the before mentioned timeline but start earlier then MS3.

Restrictions: One Species Option (Turian) + Some Background Details described below

The PLOT: The RP is to focus on at least 5 Turian characters who where going through Boot Camp (civil service recruitment and training) at 15-17 years of age during the Relay 314 Incident. This is the commonality that connects the characters as it's been 26 years since that incident and the characters have moved on but something happened at Boot Camp during that three month conflict and that something has brought the characters back together- as it must be resolved for all their sakes.

Problem: I have no idea what that something is that would bring them together after so many years.

Ideas?

Perhaps instead of Boot Camp the actual conflict be the link? Such however would restrict the players further with a more focused profession as backstory and would also make them slightly older their 30s or early 40s.

Hmm, I've been in a few ME character RPs over the years, and in my experience players typically create characters from a variety of species, so I think limiting players solely to Turians might turn away quite a few folks who might otherwise be interested. If you just want the group to all have trained together, maybe you could go with the group having been part of the Citadel Fleet, Spectres, or possibly even a custom multi-species military training program to open up more options for the players? Either way, maybe the something that could bring the group back together could be helping to drive the Geth from the Citadel during the Eden Prime War?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:41 am

Brusia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Alright, I think I've got something for a character RP in Mass Effect. It'll utilize the before mentioned timeline but start earlier then MS3.

Ideas?

Hmm, I've been in a few ME character RPs over the years, and in my experience players typically create characters from a variety of species, so I think limiting players solely to Turians might turn away quite a few folks who might otherwise be interested. If you just want the group to all have trained together, maybe you could go with the group having been part of the Citadel Fleet, Spectres, or possibly even a custom multi-species military training program to open up more options for the players? Either way, maybe the something that could bring the group back together could be helping to drive the Geth from the Citadel during the Eden Prime War?

I'm certain this won't be a problem as Mass Effect it's self is no more restrictive then this- Shepard is Human and part of the Alliance Military but we all have fun playing Shepard our own way. ^_^

Though I am aware from experience that you are correct in that players like to, for some reason, make characters as distant from the plot as possible. I've had players join a school RP where none humans live in secret- and at least one player decide to summon a demon king into the world and suddenly the RP goes from School Story RP inspired by the Magical Girl genre to Apocalyptic Survival and many players leave because they didn't sign up for that. With only three left I gave the RP over to that player as I considered it 'his show now'. I've had some negative experiences when it comes to players doing something like that so to me this is the best solution. I'm pretty sure DKCE would have survived if not for the non Dwarf non Kobold characters as their presence disrupted the plot's focus on the relationship between those two species. It was like throwing a compass to the wind permitting them.

Plus it's just this RP that plans to be that restrictive :) the restrictions just like those of Shepard are in place so a plot can be built....

You do make a point about C-Sec, the Citadel Fleet, etc still offering such but the Citidel Fleet is kind of like the 'Allied Navy' of World War II (united yes but you don't have Brits typical on a Brazilian ship), and I'm not looking to do a police drama with C-Sec though I can certainly do that latter.

Right now the Turian arrangement is the easiest to work with in regard to plot which I am weak on. Such focus should allow me to generate a plot and keep the plot going compared to previous attempts on my part.Some of my RPs have been slice of life or school story so- plot wasn't really needed but those still failed without a plot and the few times I had plot (like the example with the demon king above) have not done well. Either I rush the plot, don't get it moving fast enough, players ignore it, or a player character does something that changes the genre of the RP.

Now if someone else where hosting the actual RP then I'd certainly be open to a wider range of player characters as it wouldn't be my responsibility to manage them- but since it will be (as no one has volunteered) I'm going to have to make it something I can manage based on my skill level. I'm great at creating content- poor at plot development and character management. It'd be great to have a partner in this and despite a recent failing in regards to one volunteer who proved uninterested in the material I'm still wanting someone to manage the plot. I can vett characters and build worlds but I'm not good at plot. So simplicity is presently what I'm going for. To be honest I'm better at assisting a host then being a host myself but people tell me I'm a great host. I'm sure that with practice I'll get better but I still have to pace myself.

You where the one who reminded me of the collector base, and who when others ignored my request- at least responded (not answering the question but you still responded). So in regards to your suggestions; The characters arriving to defend the citadel from Sarin would still place them on different ships. The Ascension was crewed by Asari, Alliance ships by Humans, - it'd be a one off naval skirmish with players controlling a ship. With Specters such individuals tend to work alone and become rather socially distant from anyone but a close group of associates. One could perhaps have a single specter but many as playable is rather counter to established fact in regards to how few there actually are in the galaxy.

Though your on the right track to something useful as I did ask if the First Contact War it's self rather then boot camp during it would be better- but I felt a purely military background would be further undesired restriction. Boot Camp for Turians is a civil service recruitment and training camp. While Turian society is built around the military with all civil services being under it allowing players to decide what their character has gone on to do after camp is less restrictive then telling them that they are 'former military involved in the Relay 314 Incident'. Plus they can talk about relatives in the conflict or add other material to their backstory. To me the only liberty being taken away is in the choice of species.

-----

Do you have some other RP proposal that I might be able to manage? Despite having hosted 10 Gamma World RPs on NS I still- or rather by hosting so many RPs I've become sure of my limitations.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:03 am

Forest State wrote:
Harbertia wrote:This philosopher is still at it? Why are you attempting to disrupt the social order? It's working just fine, did some operator deny your character application and in response you've gone on a mission to ruin the RP experience for the rest of us?

I find the meta analysis useful, tbh. I was planning to do similar stuff but ended up just not doing it because of plain laziness. I don't know exactly who Unit 23 is(or rather, I have an idea but I don't know the player that well), but I don't know how he's disrupting anything or ruining anyone's RPs.

He's attempting to usurp the present standard of having an OP by insisting on a player democracy. Such is how he plans to ruin RPs for the rest of us.

Players like to do their own thing and will form cliques in a player democracy and those cliques develop their own idea of what's going on in the plot and attempt to force it upon other cliques driving such rival players out of the RP or integrating them into the clique. It's a situation where new players either join a clique or don't join the RP at all. Democracy by it's very nature is a fragmented society of rival factions (in this case RP cliques with in the RP from players whose characters are associated with X to those who are associated with Y). The OP-ship brings much needed stability and unity to the players who left to their own devices attempt to push each other away and maneuver the setting to their own ends just like political parties attempt to maneuver a nation at times with disastrous results.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Jackania yugo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackania yugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:05 am

Not to sound like an attention whore seeker but why do my posts keep getting (mostly) ignored?
This nation a funsion between capitalism and social democracy (the only type of socialism made to actually be incorporated into capitalist governments rather than trying to destroy it).

This nation is a reunited Yugoslavia (and also sometimes controls the UK as well).

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 am

Jackania yugo wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
RP's Overarching Concept: A group has been kidnapping people and turning them into human-pokemon hybrids, possibly for nefarious reasons. It's up to you, a member of PTFRF (Pokemon transformation rescue force), as well as other memebers to fight back aganist them and stop their plans by raiding bases, attacking convoy Etc. Good luck soldier.
Detailed Description: This RP is set in a version of the pokemon universe where you are a member of the PTFRF, a group set up to stop people and groups from creating hybrids for aggressive/unethical reasons. You can either be a full human or a variation of a hybrid. Guns are included but if you are a hybrid you get to use elemental powers aswell. This will be PMT so this means there will be advanced militray tech such as plasma rifles.

To be honest the guns, kidnappings, created rather then born hybrids (with active conversion taking place- like they could have been created in the past and now being born), and the task force are elements I find too dark to associate with Pokemon. I suggest creating a custom setting rather then working off of Pokemon for in Pokemon the military was largely in the past and thus militant themes do not set well with a rather wholesome series.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Unit 23
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Unit 23 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 am

I feel like holistic descriptions are only useful to a point.

Something I'd like to see more often is people giving examples of scenarios which would play out in their RP, rather than the whole premise itself.

Further, by designating mini-scenarios it's possible to better manage people who leave or join because each scenario is roughly self-contained.

Eclius
Senator

Founded: Oct 24, 2015

Postby Eclius » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:18 am

I feels like it would probably be nicer to have it as human alien hybrid or something that leaves Pokemon part out.
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Jackania yugo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackania yugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:19 am

Eclius wrote:

I feels like it would probably be nicer to have it as human alien hybrid or something that leaves Pokemon part out.

1. hello again.
2. what's wrong about pokemon and what's right about aliens?

Eclius
Senator

Postby Eclius » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:22 am

Jackania yugo wrote:
Eclius wrote:I feels like it would probably be nicer to have it as human alien hybrid or something that leaves Pokemon part out.

1. hello again.

Pokemon and human? It seems a bit...awkward. Alternatively you can have artificial pokemons, it'll be like genesect or mewtwo. Though, with the genes of two or more Pokemons
Last edited by Eclius on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Jackania yugo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackania yugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:27 am

Eclius wrote:
Jackania yugo wrote:
1. hello again.

Pokemon and human? It seems a bit...awkward. Alternatively you can have artificial pokemons, it'll be like genesect or mewtwo. Though, with the genes of two or more Pokemons

Don't take this too seriously but should the evil organisation be a pokemon version of SPECTRE?
Last edited by Jackania yugo on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:28 am

Unit 23 wrote:I feel like holistic descriptions are only useful to a point.

Something I'd like to see more often is people giving examples of scenarios which would play out in their RP, rather than the whole premise itself.

Further, by designating mini-scenarios it's possible to better manage people who leave or join because each scenario is roughly self-contained.

The latter is kind of already in practice, and the former is pretty much telling people they can only do things a certain way, limiting how characters can be played, though some RPs can pull off such a rigid structure, it is not for everyone.

Eclius
Senator

Postby Eclius » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:34 am

Jackania yugo wrote:
Eclius wrote:Pokemon and human? It seems a bit...awkward. Alternatively you can have artificial pokemons, it'll be like genesect or mewtwo. Though, with the genes of two or more Pokemons

Don't take this too seriously but should the evil organisation be a pokemon version of SPECTRE?

Uh...I think Team Rocket is good enough....

Jackania yugo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jackania yugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:36 am

Eclius wrote:
Jackania yugo wrote:

Uh...I think Team Rocket is good enough....

too generic.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Any suggestions on how to make a sci-fi setting where technology hasn't taken over our lives?

I considered a Luddite Revolution on Earth that saw VR establishments and AI facilities destroyed with a new social order rising that was more cautious regarding technology but that seems rather extreme.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives