NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:03 am

Neopole wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I searched P2TM and found chatter on Halo, so I searched titles specifically;

Here is the only Halo RP I have found that is still up and running.

Halo: Tripedation (Most recent post was February 18,2017 at the time of this post)

Thx

A pleasure ^_^
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Castain
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Castain » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 am

Harbertia wrote:
Neopole wrote:Thx

A pleasure ^_^

Isn't Trepidation closed?
Totally not a French/English/German/Christian/Muslim empire based loosely on the Roman Empire.

Definitely not.

Neopole
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neopole » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:30 am

Castain wrote:
Harbertia wrote:A pleasure ^_^

Isn't Trepidation closed?

Rip, it is

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Howdy boys, think I could grab some feedback on this draft?

TASK FORCE ARGONAUT
A Special Forces Military Character-Focused RP Set in a Post-Military Coup Turkey
Created By Ontorisa (Winner of the 2016 P2TM Favourite Action RPer); Presented By The Pub, a P2TM RP Group
IC || ARCHIVE

Task Force Argonaut Operative in Turkey, exploring rumours of a Turkish Military Camp near rebel holdings.

Gentlemen, welcome to Turkey, or at least what's left of it. My name's not important, but you will refer to me as "Archer".

I'll be brief, since you should know this already. As of the 2016 coup d'état by Turkish Military forces, Turkey has gone from a member of NATO we can count on, to a rouge state, completely cutting themselves off from the outside world. While efforts to negotiate with the new military government have soured, we're mostly concerned about two things: the Military Government, specifically the leader of the coup, Bakir Asahallaham, and his violent policies he is enforcing upon the Turkish people, and the NATO nuclear warheads that had been kept in storage on Turkish soil, that Asahallaham has now publicly expressed he will use openly against any enemies of Turkey. Argonaut's primary objective right now is to help destabilize the current dictatorship before we can progress onto Asahallaham and the warheads.

We've received word that both disgruntled civilians and soldiers still loyal to the previous government have begun planning various rebel movements across Turkey, and while these movements are minuscule and pose no real current threat to the dictatorship, we're predicting that in coordination with Argonaut's operations in Turkey, that these movements will grow in number. When you are deployed, you will be stationed alongside these rebel forces, particularly westwards of Istanbul, and will work alongside them. If we are to be successful in our operations, the rebels must be successful in their own as well.

Remember however, Task Force Argonaut does not exist on paper nor in any of NATO's systems. None of you truly exist, and for that, if you're captured, to put it bluntly, you're fucked. Remember to watch each other's backs out there, as NATO support will be very limited, mainly to a few border drops from either Greece or Bulgaria. Friendly operatives will be inserted either through Turkey's European neighbours or via paradrop. Either way, you're responsible for maintaining yourselves.

We drop in 12 hours, get some sleep, and get prepared.

ABOUT

The Turkey we know today is no more. In this RP, the notable [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Turkish_coup_d'état_attempt]2016 attempted coup d'etat in Turkey[/url] succeeded thanks to the planning of various scheming generals within the Turkish military and notable officials in the government itself. While in real life the attempt only lasted for roughly 1-2 days, in this RP, the coup was much longer, lasting for approximately eight months before the government finally succumbed to the military.

Players in Task Force Argonaut will be members of NATO special forces, specifically from the United States of America, Great Britain, France and Germany, as the Task Force undertakes various aspects of guerrilla warfare against the dictatorship of Turkey such as ambushing convoys, raiding military compounds, capturing high ranking officers of the dictatorship's military and supporting the local rebel movement. The end goal for the Task Force however, is not the downfall of the dictatorship, but rather capturing the man responsible for it and disabling the various NATO nuclear warheads that had been stored in Turkey before the coup took place.

The RP is inspired by the recent video game Ghost Recon: Wildlands, although it takes no aspects of the game from it. Players will be starting out from a small rebel base located in rural Turkey where they can resupply, rearm, rest, interact with one another and plan various future operations. Operations themselves do not have to include the entire roster, since guerrilla warfare relies on small cells of troops coordinating smoothly together. These operations will tend to be independent from one another, and will only rely on small four-man teams to complete them. As a result, this allows for maximum "drop in, drop out" fluidity so as long as an individual does not go inactive during the middle of an operation. This also ensures that recently joined players do not have to idle about in the "home" thread, and can instead immediately start planning operations with other idle players before undertaking them, preventing the grind and waiting process on other players.

There will be 4 types of operations [SUBJECT TO CHANGE]:
1. Main Story Operations - These operations will affect the timeline of the RP, and help progress the story. Only the OP can assign these.
2. Side/Minor Story Operations - These operations are much more minor than the story operations, but can have an effect on how difficult the next story operation can be. Both OP and Co-OPs can assign these.
3. Special Operations - These operations hold a significant value, while they do not affect the story operation. Both OP and Co-OPs can assign these, but players can draft up operations and submit them.
4. Player/Player Created Story Operations - These operations hold no main story impact but can be created by players if they do not feel like committing to the current narrative or if they want to try a new angle at the current setting. Unlike the previous operations, neither the OP nor Co-OPs can assign these, but they will have to be approved by the staff of the RP before they can take place.

RULES
1. OP's decisions are final.
2. Co-OPs are an extension of the OP's authority, treat them as you would treat the OP.
3. No one liners, ninth grade grammar and spelling minimum. I'd like at least a paragraph/post.
4. No Godmodding or Metagaming, offenders will be punished.
5. Your political views and offensive terms (to an extent) are allowed IC, but keep it easy in the OOC, it's an RP.
6. Since all operatives have a formal military training, I expect your characters to be able to follow orders from their superiors. Punishment by operatives' superiors are permitted IC if commands are not followed.
8. Just because this is a war RP doesn't mean that people are devoid of emotion. Even the most hardened and distant veterans show emotion. Bonds will develop in the RP and will be tested whether through conflict or interactions. These can be avoided, but most of the time a character will surpass their limit and explode. Keep this in mind, we're all human after all.
9.Violence is a cornerstone of this RP. Grisly incidents will be portrayed, and it is up to you to respond to them accordingly. While all characters are to be of military/special forces backgrounds, everyone has their limit and you must decide when your character has a break.
10. No one is superhuman, characters will feel the pressure of their operations, fatigue and the stress of fighting. Remember that.
11. Realism, you can't run and gun through an entire compound without any consequences.
12. Have a good time, come on guys, this is an relaxed-ish RP Group.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Ontorisa wrote:Howdy boys, think I could grab some feedback on this draft?

TASK FORCE ARGONAUT
A Special Forces Military Character-Focused RP Set in a Post-Military Coup Turkey
Created By Ontorisa (Winner of the 2016 P2TM Favourite Action RPer); Presented By The Pub, a P2TM RP Group
IC || ARCHIVE

(Image)
Task Force Argonaut Operative in Turkey, exploring rumours of a Turkish Military Camp near rebel holdings.

Gentlemen, welcome to Turkey, or at least what's left of it. My name's not important, but you will refer to me as "Archer".

I'll be brief, since you should know this already. As of the 2016 coup d'état by Turkish Military forces, Turkey has gone from a member of NATO we can count on, to a rouge state, completely cutting themselves off from the outside world. While efforts to negotiate with the new military government have soured, we're mostly concerned about two things: the Military Government, specifically the leader of the coup, Bakir Asahallaham, and his violent policies he is enforcing upon the Turkish people, and the NATO nuclear warheads that had been kept in storage on Turkish soil, that Asahallaham has now publicly expressed he will use openly against any enemies of Turkey. Argonaut's primary objective right now is to help destabilize the current dictatorship before we can progress onto Asahallaham and the warheads.

We've received word that both disgruntled civilians and soldiers still loyal to the previous government have begun planning various rebel movements across Turkey, and while these movements are minuscule and pose no real current threat to the dictatorship, we're predicting that in coordination with Argonaut's operations in Turkey, that these movements will grow in number. When you are deployed, you will be stationed alongside these rebel forces, particularly westwards of Istanbul, and will work alongside them. If we are to be successful in our operations, the rebels must be successful in their own as well.

Remember however, Task Force Argonaut does not exist on paper nor in any of NATO's systems. None of you truly exist, and for that, if you're captured, to put it bluntly, you're fucked. Remember to watch each other's backs out there, as NATO support will be very limited, mainly to a few border drops from either Greece or Bulgaria. Friendly operatives will be inserted either through Turkey's European neighbours or via paradrop. Either way, you're responsible for maintaining yourselves.

We drop in 12 hours, get some sleep, and get prepared.

ABOUT

The Turkey we know today is no more. In this RP, the notable [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Turkish_coup_d'état_attempt]2016 attempted coup d'etat in Turkey[/url] succeeded thanks to the planning of various scheming generals within the Turkish military and notable officials in the government itself. While in real life the attempt only lasted for roughly 1-2 days, in this RP, the coup was much longer, lasting for approximately eight months before the government finally succumbed to the military.

Players in Task Force Argonaut will be members of NATO special forces, specifically from the United States of America, Great Britain, France and Germany, as the Task Force undertakes various aspects of guerrilla warfare against the dictatorship of Turkey such as ambushing convoys, raiding military compounds, capturing high ranking officers of the dictatorship's military and supporting the local rebel movement. The end goal for the Task Force however, is not the downfall of the dictatorship, but rather capturing the man responsible for it and disabling the various NATO nuclear warheads that had been stored in Turkey before the coup took place.

The RP is inspired by the recent video game Ghost Recon: Wildlands, although it takes no aspects of the game from it. Players will be starting out from a small rebel base located in rural Turkey where they can resupply, rearm, rest, interact with one another and plan various future operations. Operations themselves do not have to include the entire roster, since guerrilla warfare relies on small cells of troops coordinating smoothly together. These operations will tend to be independent from one another, and will only rely on small four-man teams to complete them. As a result, this allows for maximum "drop in, drop out" fluidity so as long as an individual does not go inactive during the middle of an operation. This also ensures that recently joined players do not have to idle about in the "home" thread, and can instead immediately start planning operations with other idle players before undertaking them, preventing the grind and waiting process on other players.

There will be 4 types of operations [SUBJECT TO CHANGE]:
1. Main Story Operations - These operations will affect the timeline of the RP, and help progress the story. Only the OP can assign these.
2. Side/Minor Story Operations - These operations are much more minor than the story operations, but can have an effect on how difficult the next story operation can be. Both OP and Co-OPs can assign these.
3. Special Operations - These operations hold a significant value, while they do not affect the story operation. Both OP and Co-OPs can assign these, but players can draft up operations and submit them.
4. Player/Player Created Story Operations - These operations hold no main story impact but can be created by players if they do not feel like committing to the current narrative or if they want to try a new angle at the current setting. Unlike the previous operations, neither the OP nor Co-OPs can assign these, but they will have to be approved by the staff of the RP before they can take place.

RULES
1. OP's decisions are final.
2. Co-OPs are an extension of the OP's authority, treat them as you would treat the OP.
3. No one liners, ninth grade grammar and spelling minimum. I'd like at least a paragraph/post.
4. No Godmodding or Metagaming, offenders will be punished.
5. Your political views and offensive terms (to an extent) are allowed IC, but keep it easy in the OOC, it's an RP.
6. Since all operatives have a formal military training, I expect your characters to be able to follow orders from their superiors. Punishment by operatives' superiors are permitted IC if commands are not followed.
8. Just because this is a war RP doesn't mean that people are devoid of emotion. Even the most hardened and distant veterans show emotion. Bonds will develop in the RP and will be tested whether through conflict or interactions. These can be avoided, but most of the time a character will surpass their limit and explode. Keep this in mind, we're all human after all.
9.Violence is a cornerstone of this RP. Grisly incidents will be portrayed, and it is up to you to respond to them accordingly. While all characters are to be of military/special forces backgrounds, everyone has their limit and you must decide when your character has a break.
10. No one is superhuman, characters will feel the pressure of their operations, fatigue and the stress of fighting. Remember that.
11. Realism, you can't run and gun through an entire compound without any consequences.
12. Have a good time, come on guys, this is an relaxed-ish RP Group.

Sounds interesting. Any chance of allowing people to RP as Turkish rebels? Maybe say the PKK or Turkish SF who are hostile to the new regime.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Dayganistan wrote:Sounds interesting. Any chance of allowing people to RP as Turkish rebels? Maybe say the PKK or Turkish SF who are hostile to the new regime.

Sadly no, I plan to keep it focused on the NATO forces themselves and not on the rebels. The rebels are going to be the supporting cast per say, such as combat support, logistical support and intelligence.

Anxiety Cafe
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Anxiety Cafe » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:01 am

How often is it that an RP changes application format?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 am

Tiltjuice wrote:How often is it that an RP changes application format?

As often as the OP wants to I imagine. I don't think there is a set standard.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Achesia wrote:

Well, yes, but broadly speaking, how frequently does it occur? I mean, not within an RP, but across all RPs in P2TM.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Well, yes, but broadly speaking, how frequently does it occur? I mean, not within an RP, but across all RPs in P2TM.

I often modify my applications as necessary, depending on needs illustrated in the course of an OOC, or the evolution of the RP throughout the IC. But, as far as I know, I would be a distinct minority in doing so. Offhand I can't point to a single example I'm aware of where applications have been changed for a RP I've been in that didn't fall under the category of "oops, forgot to add that category, quick edit ten minutes after the thread was made".

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:25 pm

I typically don't, and will have a standardized application for a genre (i.e. military RPs, I'll more or less have the almost exact same application since it works).

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

I often modify my applications as necessary, depending on needs illustrated in the course of an OOC, or the evolution of the RP throughout the IC. But, as far as I know, I would be a distinct minority in doing so. Offhand I can't point to a single example I'm aware of where applications have been changed for a RP I've been in that didn't fall under the category of "oops, forgot to add that category, quick edit ten minutes after the thread was made".

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

I'm trying to figure out how best to design a piece of software for app saving and figured I'd take a survey.
mumblemumblemumble

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:The Wild West IC is now up!

8)
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 pm

HELP ME!
Please provide as much detail as possible.
What do you need help with: I have a vague idea for an RP that spans several generations of settles on a mysterious planet but all I've got thus far is this;

Bacā'a
The Bacā'a has been serviced by twelve generations of colonials bound for the world of Theta 5. Life aboard the ship has been at large limited but peaceful. Population controls being necessary to avoid overpopulation on the voyage to Theta 5. It's with much glee that the able bodied and youthful look to those restrictions being lifted in favor of growth on their new homeworld.

And an idea (but not commitment) that the planet should be tropical. I've even considered making it the Mysterious Planet from a previous RP I did.

I'm not sure what to name the RP though, so I'm asking for some ideas on what to name it. Suggestions on tech is also appreciated as well as some existing conflict to have in play to add some drama to the exploration.
Links, if requesting someone to look into your RP's IC/OOC:

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Harbertia wrote:HELP ME!
What do you need help with: I have a vague idea for an RP that spans several generations of settles on a mysterious planet but all I've got thus far is this;

Bacā'a
(Image)
The Bacā'a has been serviced by twelve generations of colonials bound for the world of Theta 5. Life aboard the ship has been at large limited but peaceful. Population controls being necessary to avoid overpopulation on the voyage to Theta 5. It's with much glee that the able bodied and youthful look to those restrictions being lifted in favor of growth on their new homeworld.

And an idea (but not commitment) that the planet should be tropical. I've even considered making it the Mysterious Planet from a previous RP I did.

I'm not sure what to name the RP though, so I'm asking for some ideas on what to name it. Suggestions on tech is also appreciated as well as some existing conflict to have in play to add some drama to the exploration.

Perhaps, "Journey" would be a good one?

Also, I'd suggest making sure you cover artificial gravity, oxygen recycling, GMO foods(Because there would be no way in hell you'd want to trust nature in that situation), how much room is available, if there are any weaponry aboard, and how advanced you want your A.I, if any, to be.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:
Harbertia wrote:HELP ME!

Bacā'a
(Image)

Perhaps, "Journey" would be a good one?

Also, I'd suggest making sure you cover artificial gravity, oxygen recycling, GMO foods(Because there would be no way in hell you'd want to trust nature in that situation), how much room is available, if there are any weaponry aboard, and how advanced you want your A.I, if any, to be.

Thank you for giving me further direction :) I'll consider the name, though it could just as easily be called settlment or colonization. Maybe I could call it something someone had suggested over TG when I was asking about the ships name, they suggested it be called Higira which is Hindi for flight- but that doesnt' quite fit either. .. hm. Journey of the seven sons- but then I'd have to consider who the seven sons are- do they refer to seven factions or civilizations.... Actually- after realizing just how much Indian influence has been put into suggested names calling it Journey actually fits very well. Seeing how it involves many generations of characters and could be seen as a voyage of spirits as players take on the role of many different characters as events unfold and generations pass.

Settled then- it shall be Journey. I'll get to work detailing the technology you have directed my interest to.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 am

LINK

Notes
No A.I. ? Since the Ship is to be cannibalized and the colonist would have little need for a ship's A.I. once settled it was determined that; for the sake of Sentient Rights the ship wouldn't have one installed as destroying the ship and the AI would under such laws be considered murder. The residents do however have numerous personal assistants that have served many generations and are typically of the holographic nature.

If anyone wants to join in do so.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:44 am

Harbertia wrote:LINK

Notes
No A.I. ? Since the Ship is to be cannibalized and the colonist would have little need for a ship's A.I. once settled it was determined that; for the sake of Sentient Rights the ship wouldn't have one installed as destroying the ship and the AI would under such laws be considered murder. The residents do however have numerous personal assistants that have served many generations and are typically of the holographic nature.

Is the tech advanced enough for androids or thhe like?

I have some thoughts about how to make it possible for their to be an ai of sorts.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:LINK

Notes

I have some thoughts about how to make it possible for their to be an ai of sorts.

I've thought of that, and am thus open to it- my reluctance came from the fact that it's colonial ship that needs a breeding population BUT I do want to hear what you have in mind as the prospect does interest me.
Tomorrow is made today.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 pm

So I am wondering, how does a Jedi Academy rp sound?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Theyra wrote:So I am wondering, how does a Jedi Academy rp sound?

Well they have been done before, as well as sith academy ones, what did you have in mind?

Harbertia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I've thought of that, and am thus open to it- my reluctance came from the fact that it's colonial ship that needs a breeding population BUT I do want to hear what you have in mind as the prospect does interest me.

Simply put the ai could have been damaged in the crash leading them to think it was dead so to speak. But it had transferred to a mobile backup of sorts, will be explaibed more later.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

Well they have been done before, as well as sith academy ones, what did you have in mind?

Harbertia wrote:I've thought of that, and am thus open to it- my reluctance came from the fact that it's colonial ship that needs a breeding population BUT I do want to hear what you have in mind as the prospect does interest me.

Simply put the ai could have been damaged in the crash leading them to think it was dead so to speak. But it had transferred to a mobile backup of sorts, will be explaibed more later.

I believe I understand the suggestion as it works a lot like EDE's new form from Mass Effect III. Though I would like to point out that I haven't stated the ship to have crashed- but now that you've brought that up it would likely be what happens if the planet is indeed the same from Mysterious Planet as that world did bring the Starlight 5 down.

... I have been questioning the validity of an AI on board a colonial ship, but it seems some science fiction finds no fault in that- Sub Nautica is a good example.

My only concern usually comes from the desire for self preservation- if an AI is installed in a ship that is to be cannibalized and has no purpose after words it's logical for it to fear an end to it's existence and thus to work counter to the aims of the crew.

This issue is only resolved if the AI has some mission to complete after the ship is scrapped; some purpose in the colony.

When I had considered an AI for the ship the AI was given a motherly nature and an officer's personality in order to interact with the command crew and civilians; serving both as a care taker for the generations on board as well as official member of the command staff whose role was in part auxiliary but would have become greater over time as more duties where placed upon it.

Edit: Please continue though.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:36 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

Harbertia wrote:I've thought of that, and am thus open to it- my reluctance came from the fact that it's colonial ship that needs a breeding population BUT I do want to hear what you have in mind as the prospect does interest me.

It would be set after the movies. Kinda be based off of the Jedi Academy game. I just what see a interest for it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives