NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of the 501st (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Communists for the people
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Thu May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Segmentia wrote:
Communists for the people wrote:
I thought that the 501st was the only legion that remained "pure" after the Kamino uprising.

As I read it, the vast majority of them were, but it says Vader would comb through other legions and transfer their best stormtroopers to the 501st to make up for lost numbers.

My bad. I shall make an app when I'm not as sleepy.
Please refer to me as Communists for the people CFTP
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
4. Destroying misguided infadels
5. Mass genocidal war

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu May 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah, no problem, most people forget that it was quite common for Vader to transfer the best-of-the-best into his personal regiments, but seeing as how the 501st was indeed the best, there weren't many casualties and likewise there weren't many replacements.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 30, 2014 4:51 am

Kassaran wrote:Yeah, no problem, most people forget that it was quite common for Vader to transfer the best-of-the-best into his personal regiments, but seeing as how the 501st was indeed the best, there weren't many casualties and likewise there weren't many replacements.

Things...can be arranged. :p
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Lazssia
Senator

Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lazssia » Fri May 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Seems pretty interesting. Just a quick question, at what point in time does the story start, BBY, or ABY?

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Lazssia wrote:Seems pretty interesting. Just a quick question, at what point in time does the story start, BBY, or ABY?

Most likely BBY, I need to find a good starting point.
― Fred Rogers

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Fri May 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Lazssia wrote:Seems pretty interesting. Just a quick question, at what point in time does the story start, BBY, or ABY?

Most likely BBY, I need to find a good starting point.

Would we progress later in the RP to ABY?
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
5. Mass genocidal war

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Most likely BBY, I need to find a good starting point.

Yes.

I imagine the 501st didn't just become none-combat effective and not a thing after BBY. :p
― Fred Rogers

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Fri May 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

Yes.

I imagine the 501st didn't just become none-combat effective and not a thing after BBY. :p

I just think the Empire would be more fun to RP in ABY. Just sayin' :p
GO CUBS
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
5. Mass genocidal war

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat May 31, 2014 8:17 am

*Whistles*
― Fred Rogers

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gebeta » Sat May 31, 2014 9:34 am

Name of Company Commander: Zenar Hans
Composition of Company: (e.g. Jango Fett clones, regular recruits, etc.) Jango Fett Clones
Number of troops in Company: 160
Company Commander bio: Zenar is a recent promote. He graduated at a respectable level from the Imperial Academy, but nothing that outshines. Though, he showed a great deal of competent battlefield command, which saves troopers. He wanted a airborne unit, but got stuck with a infantry based unit. However, he still believes that he should maintain the high degree of professionalism to keep his men alive. Though, it has yet to be shown if his ideas are truly genuine to the field, as his unit is always in the middle of a peaceful deployment, such as the basic policing of a local area.
Any important additional info: The company (if it is ok) is currently a reserve unit, due to the company forming after the clone wars, hence its role as a police force on planets that need a stronger hand than civilian police forces.
RP sample: Few examples, but ill link to one that I believe was good. My forces fell out due to my role as a very small force.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=289866
Anyways, thank you for looking at my application.
EDITED
Last edited by Gebeta on Sat May 31, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat May 31, 2014 9:45 am

Gebeta wrote:Name of Company Commander: Zenar Hans
Composition of Company: (e.g. Jango Fett clones, regular recruits, etc.) Jango Fett Clones
Company Commander bio: Zenar is a recent promote. He graduated at a respectable level from the Imperial Academy, but nothing that outshines. Though, he showed a great deal of competent battlefield command, which saves troopers. He wanted a airborne unit, but got stuck with a infantry based unit. However, he still believes that he should maintain the high degree of professionalism to keep his men alive. Though, it has yet to be shown if his ideas are truly genuine to the field, as his unit is always in the middle of a peaceful deployment, such as the basic policing of a local area.
Any important additional info: The company (if it is ok) is currently a reserve unit, hence its role as a police force on planets that need a stronger hand than civilian police forces.
RP sample: Few examples, but ill link to one that I believe was good. My forces fell out due to my role as a very small force.

I would think they have the Imperial Army soldiers police the populace while the stormtroopers kicked ass and took names.
― Fred Rogers

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gebeta » Sat May 31, 2014 10:15 am

Zeinbrad wrote:
Gebeta wrote:Name of Company Commander: Zenar Hans
Any important additional info: The company (if it is ok) is currently a reserve unit, hence its role as a police force on planets that need a stronger hand than civilian police forces.

I would think they have the Imperial Army soldiers police the populace while the stormtroopers kicked ass and took names.

No problem. I can change my units story to anything you need. Any suggestions, as Im not sure what ships and stations are in play at this time.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 am

Could we start at Order 66?

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 11:23 am

No. My Commander wouldn't be in play at that point, nor would some others.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Sat May 31, 2014 11:26 am

Kassaran wrote:No. My Commander wouldn't be in play at that point, nor would some others.

It would be so much more interesting, attacking the Jedi temple and everything.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 am

Rephesus wrote:
Kassaran wrote:No. My Commander wouldn't be in play at that point, nor would some others.

It would be so much more interesting, attacking the Jedi temple and everything.

It would be interesting for those of you who are playing Clone Commanders from that point, but most of us are RPing as non-standard clones or actual people from after even the assault on Kamino...

bloody hell, mate.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 am

Kassaran wrote:
Rephesus wrote:It would be so much more interesting, attacking the Jedi temple and everything.

It would be interesting for those of you who are playing Clone Commanders from that point, but most of us are RPing as non-standard clones or actual people from after even the assault on Kamino...

'Most'? There's only 2 accepted units so far.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 am

Rephesus wrote:
Kassaran wrote:It would be interesting for those of you who are playing Clone Commanders from that point, but most of us are RPing as non-standard clones or actual people from after even the assault on Kamino...

'Most'? There's only 2 accepted units so far.

And from what I recall, both are units that take place in the time after Order 66 and Operation: Knightfall. Also we're playing as Stormtroopers, not Clones, and while you could argue the 501st is made up of clones, you also have to realize that for non-clones to be accepted into the ranks of the 501st, this would have to be after the assault on Kamino.

bloody hell, mate.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat May 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Rephesus wrote:Could we start at Order 66?

Kassaran already gave a good reason.

For that he gets a gold star. :p
― Fred Rogers

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Sat May 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Could we start at Order 66?

Kassaran already gave a good reason.

I was looking through major battles and I saw this battle which basically paved the way for the Rebel Alliance as they won, I was thinking since the 501st weren't deployed here, maybe things would be different if they did, and caused the Battle of Yavin to possibly go differently:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Turkana

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Rephesus wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Kassaran already gave a good reason.

I was looking through major battles and I saw this battle which basically paved the way for the Rebel Alliance as they won, I was thinking since the 501st weren't deployed here, maybe things would be different if they did, and caused the Battle of Yavin to possibly go differently:

I wouldn't think the 501st would have been of much use. As a primarily land-based outfit, they only took part in the Battle of Coruscant in a support role, and even then it was a strenuous support role at best.

bloody hell, mate.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat May 31, 2014 2:34 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Rephesus wrote:

I wouldn't think the 501st would have been of much use. As a primarily land-based outfit, they only took part in the Battle of Coruscant in a support role, and even then it was a strenuous support role at best.

Hey do Stormtroopers have armored units or where they all infantry?

Also I have a urge to detail about the stormtrooper platoon organization, rations and TOE.
― Fred Rogers

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Kassaran wrote:

Hey do Stormtroopers have armored units or where they all infantry?

Also I have a urge to detail about the stormtrooper platoon organization, rations and TOE.

Stormtroopers have armored units. Think of Stormtroopers like the US Army... the Army has armored units because it operates the Abrams.

bloody hell, mate.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Sat May 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Hey do Stormtroopers have armored units or where they all infantry?

Stormtroopers have armored units. Think of Stormtroopers like the US Army... the Army has armored units because it operates the Abrams.

I think the Stormtroopers as more of the USMC then the US army. :p

So we can have armored companies?
― Fred Rogers

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat May 31, 2014 2:45 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Kassaran wrote:

I think the Stormtroopers as more of the USMC then the US army. :p

So we can have armored companies?

Yep, the Stormtroopers have a special Marine branch too, but they mostly deal with ground conflicts. The 501st though was moreover a mixture of both.

bloody hell, mate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse