NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of the 501st (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Tales of the 501st (OOC)

Postby Brusia » Thu May 29, 2014 2:25 pm

The 501st Legion, often referred to as “Vader’s Fist,” is one of the most elite groups of soldiers in the Galactic Empire. Veterans of some of the fiercest battles of the Clone Wars and Operation Knightfall, the 501st has faced and defeated more than its fair share of enemies, but now it faces a far greater threat than any it has ever encountered, and one the 501st and the rest of the Empire have completely underestimated: the Rebellion.

That is where you come in: your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to lead a company of the Empire’s finest Stormtroopers and crush the Rebellion before they have a chance to defeat the Empire. After the Kamino uprising, the 501st “diversified” somewhat, so you can choose what troops you wish to lead into battle: the battle-tested, though aging, Jango Fett clones; clones from the new templates the Empire has started using, or fresh recruits from all corners of the Empire. The best technology, ships, and weapons the Empire possesses are at your command; use them wisely and end the Rebellion once and for all. For the Emperor!

Welcome to Tales of the 501st, a Star Wars RP based on the game Battlefront 2. In this RP, players will...well, RP... a company of Stormtroopers on their quest to crush the Rebellion. Fill out an app and follow the rules posted below and I'm sure everyone will have a good time :)

App:
Name of Company Commander:
Composition of Company: (e.g. Jango Fett clones, regular recruits, etc.)
Number of troops in Company:
Company Commander bio:
Any important additional info:
RP sample:

Rules: The usual RP rules; no Godmodding, no metagaming, no Mary/Marty Sues, three line minimum per IC post (exceptions made for dialogues), obey the OP and Co-ops, and of course have fun!

Helpful wiki: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Note: I will not be acting as the OP for this RP (I just wrote it because, hey, who doesn't like writing Star Wars stuff ;) ). Zeinbrad is the OP, so please direct all questions, or whatever, to him.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Sup'.

IC.

5th Battalion Companies.

Alpha-Captain Jeo Nilas

Bravo- Zenar Hans

Charlie-Captain Rik Harrus

Easy-Captain Falto Dragen

Jaguar-Captain CT-55/11-9009 "Jag"

Foxtrot-Oberon Gamma or Gamma 01

Joker- IC 4870, nicknamed "Zero"

Python-Captain Varras Rex
Last edited by Zeinbrad on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 pm

...Perhaps.
"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Feroxi wrote:...Perhaps.

Translation-So much yes. :p
― Fred Rogers

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu May 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Very tentative maybe... extremely so. I'll be joining, but only because the idea in-and-of-itself is interesting. I'm honestly curious as to how one plans to dispatch troops through the galaxy and monitor how they are deployed. Perhaps a better way to have gone about this was to RP as a trooper battalion and have RPers play as various troopers? It doesn't matter though, what's done is done and if you can keep up with the inevitable demand of scenarios the RPers will be asking for, good on you and may the light of the Empire shine brightly upon you.

App is IP...
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Kassaran wrote:Very tentative maybe... extremely so. I'll be joining, but only because the idea in-and-of-itself is interesting. I'm honestly curious as to how one plans to dispatch troops through the galaxy and monitor how they are deployed. Perhaps a better way to have gone about this was to RP as a trooper battalion and have RPers play as various troopers? It doesn't matter though, what's done is done and if you can keep up with the inevitable demand of scenarios the RPers will be asking for, good on you and may the light of the Empire shine brightly upon you.

App is IP...

Kass!

Also, before people go saying how "the stormtroop misses a target right in front of him" I have one thing to say.

The Stormtroopers accuracy doesn't suck, it's the flaws in the E-11's design if I remember correctly.
― Fred Rogers

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Thu May 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Battlefront 2 was a great game.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:Battlefront 2 was a great game.

Why yes it was.

Going to guess your interested?
― Fred Rogers

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Thu May 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:Battlefront 2 was a great game.

Why yes it was.

Eh

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Why yes it was.

Eh

In the RP. Are you interested in the RP?
― Fred Rogers

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Thu May 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:
Eh

In the RP. Are you interested in the RP?

Not particularly, no.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:In the RP. Are you interested in the RP?

Not particularly, no.

False hope man, my feels are hurt. :(

:p

Understood.
― Fred Rogers

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Thu May 29, 2014 5:50 pm

I shouldn't join another rp, but I will anyway.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu May 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Name of Company Commander: Captain Jeo Nilas (Gee-oh Nie-lus)
Composition of Company: Kamino Beta Clones (commissioned), Imperial Regulars (Enlisted)
Number of troops in Company: 128
Company Commander bio: Captain Jeo Nilas was one of the first and only non-clone troopers during the Rise of the Empire who was given a position within the 501st. He managed to graduate top of his class from a Stormtrooper academy deep within the Outer Rim and distinguished himself early on in managing to take control of an entire Imperial Garrison to defend a small listening station also within the outer-rim from a marauding group of insurgents. His leadership not only lead to an Imperial victory, but also led to the deaths of all insurgents who took part in the fight for the loss of only three of his own men, two of which survived the encounter and died in the celebration afterwards. It was soon after this that he was then graduated to the rank of Lieutenant and was posted at a prison station in the Colonies, and managed to shut down multiple riots and uprisings before finally killing the leaders of the secret resistance movement inside the prison, however he did manage to also successfully interrogate three of the leaders and extrapolate the location of two more cells within the Sector.

Promoted to the rank of Captain then, he was then charged with hunting down and eliminating these two cells, upon the completion of which less than a year later led to his being brought into the 501st for the assault on Kamino during which event he managed a Company of troopers responsible for intercepting all fleeing vessels from the surface and detaining all aboard until an Imperial Intelligence Unit could arrive. It was during the Operation that he managed to also find and locate three major Kaminoan Executives who, while not loyal to the insurgents on the planet, were no longer willing to clone troopers for the Empire. The response of the Emperor's troopers was more than enough to... persuade them to reconsider. They now are cloning troops for the Emperor at an undisclosed facility in the Core Worlds.

On another note, here's something people might want to take into account when they begin ranking their officers...

Imperial Officer Ranks

Star Wars Galaxy Map

Also, on the note of the E-11's, that might be a part of it, but Stormtroopers weren't Imperial Marines, they weren't designed to be deployed specifically to kill, but rather they took the place of like the Planetary Police, like the FBI does for the local police and state police. However, because they need to apprehend, and not kill, they are taught to fire in a certain pattern around the target to hopefully suppress them only taking the killing shots if they have to. The Emperor liked having plenty of prisoners to torture, that's part of the reason why even the Death Star had Prison Quarters, for any who accidentally discovered it. They were simply charged with being conspirators and insurgents and traitors to the Emperor and were sentenced to Imperial Prison for an indeterminate amount of time.
Last edited by Kassaran on Sat May 31, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Kassaran wrote:Name of Company Commander: Captain Jeo Nilas (Gee-oh Nie-lus)
Composition of Company: Kamino Beta Clones (commissioned), Imperial Regulars (Enlisted)
Number of troops in Company: 128
Company Commander bio: Captain Jeo Nilas was one of the first and only non-clone troopers during the Rise of the Empire who was given a position within the 501st. He managed to graduate top of his class from a Stormtrooper academy deep within the Outer Rim and distinguished himself early on in managing to take control of an entire Imperial Garrison to defend a small listening station also within the outer-rim from a marauding group of insurgents. His leadership not only lead to an Imperial victory, but also led to the deaths of all insurgents who took part in the fight for the loss of only three of his own men, two of which survived the encounter and died in the celebration afterwards. It was soon after this that he was then graduated to the rank of Lieutenant and was posted at a prison station in the Colonies, and managed to shut down multiple riots and uprisings before finally killing the leaders of the secret resistance movement inside the prison, however he did manage to also successfully interrogate three of the leaders and extrapolate the location of two more cells within the Sector.

Promoted to the rank of Captain then, he was then charged with hunting down and eliminating these two cells, upon the completion of which less than a year later led to his being brought into the 501st for the assault on Kamino during which event he managed a Company of troopers responsible for intercepting all fleeing vessels from the surface and detaining all aboard until an Imperial Intelligence Unit could arrive. It was during the Operation that he managed to also find and locate three major Kaminoan Executives who, while not loyal to the insurgents on the planet, were no longer willing to clone troopers for the Empire. The response of the Emperor's troopers was more than enough to... persuade them to reconsider. They now are cloning troops for the Emperor at an undisclosed facility in the Core Worlds.

On another note, here's something people might want to take into account when they begin ranking their officers...

[url=Imperial Officer Ranks]http://www.theforce.net/swtc/insignia/badges.html[/url]

[url=Star Wars Galaxy Map]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SULXWciuoM8/TTM8yox0oSI/AAAAAAAAAYI/1boX5xn2Cxw/s1600/star-wars-galaxy-map.jpg[/url]

Also, on the note of the E-11's, that might be a part of it, but Stormtroopers weren't Imperial Marines, they weren't designed to be deployed specifically to kill, but rather they took the place of like the Planetary Police, like the FBI does for the local police and state police. However, because they need to apprehend, and not kill, they are taught to fire in a certain pattern around the target to hopefully suppress them only taking the killing shots if they have to. The Emperor liked having plenty of prisoners to torture, that's part of the reason why even the Death Star had Prison Quarters, for any who accidentally discovered it. They were simply charged with being conspirators and insurgents and traitors to the Emperor and were sentenced to Imperial Prison for an indeterminate amount of time.

Accepted.

Are you saying the Stormtroopers in the first movie where more security then combat troops? Or all Stormtroopers?
― Fred Rogers

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu May 29, 2014 6:27 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Accepted.

Are you saying the Stormtroopers in the first movie where more security then combat troops? Or all Stormtroopers?

Yes, I'm saying that... think about it. The ones dispatched to the planet, they were there to apprehend droids and whomever had bought them, but they also did some erasing while they were at it. Then the multitudes of troopers on the Death Star were exactly that, security, not an invasion army because the Death Star wasn't for invading planets, but for destroying them. However, not all stormtroopers are this, their are shock troopers and actual dedicated for combat troopers that are deployed into the combat field, and they are actually competent, and it is here where the short-comings of the E-11 come most into view.

bloody hell, mate.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Hey, Segemtia wan't to be a female Stormtroopers commander... I think.

You guys fine with her doing this?
― Fred Rogers

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu May 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Hey, Segemtia wan't to be a female Stormtroopers commander... I think.

You guys fine with her doing this?

Don't really care, she just has to be good and of a strategically sound mindset.

bloody hell, mate.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu May 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Sounds interesting.

You're not allowing Jedi/Sith or Rebels, right?

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu May 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Rephesus wrote:Sounds interesting.

You're not allowing Jedi/Sith or Rebels, right?

Nope.
― Fred Rogers

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Thu May 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Will have an app up in a few hours.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Communists for the people
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Thu May 29, 2014 8:17 pm

During the Palpatine's era the 501st was composed of only Jango Fett's clones.
Please refer to me as Communists for the people CFTP
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
4. Destroying misguided infadels
5. Mass genocidal war

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Thu May 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Communists for the people wrote:During the Palpatine's era the 501st was composed of only Jango Fett's clones.

Not after the Kamino uprising.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Communists for the people
Minister

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communists for the people » Thu May 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Segmentia wrote:
Communists for the people wrote:During the Palpatine's era the 501st was composed of only Jango Fett's clones.

I thought that the 501st was the only legion that remained "pure" after the Kamino uprising.
Please refer to me as Communists for the people CFTP
GO CUBS
"If it were not for the will and determination of these men to stop the superior forces of the German army, a different chapter of history would have been written" Major General Troy Middleton
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
Proud member of Hemithea
1. [Boredem]
2.Military readiness
3. Minor engagement
4. Destroying misguided infadels
5. Mass genocidal war

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Thu May 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Communists for the people wrote:
Segmentia wrote:

I thought that the 501st was the only legion that remained "pure" after the Kamino uprising.

As I read it, the vast majority of them were, but it says Vader would comb through other legions and transfer their best stormtroopers to the 501st to make up for lost numbers.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse