NATION

PASSWORD

History of Empires II (OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ballycolumbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ballycolumbia » Tue May 20, 2014 1:20 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:Hey guys!
I'll be away today - leaving home for a meeting in the Presidential Palace.
And yes, I will be meeting the President.

Cool, what's the occasion? (Or are you just pals with the President anyway? :P)

Adurnak
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:Hey guys!
I'll be away today - leaving home for a meeting in the Presidential Palace.
And yes, I will be meeting the President.

Tell him to give Russia what for if/when it comes down to it
I can't believe how long I've been on this website

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Tue May 20, 2014 3:15 am

The V O I D wrote:It is I, vaxon, returning. Did you miss me? :3

Nation Name: The Aden Imperium
Capital City: Aden
Government Type: Imperial Lordship (ruled by many Lords with a Grand Lord/Imperator in charge)
Head of State: Grand Lord/Imperator Natark
Claimed Territory: The red near the Adenian sea, such irony.
State/National Religion: Cameleon, the belief that Camels are gifts of God and must be treated as Gods.
Dominant Religion: Cameleon
Minority Religion(s): Some nameless ones.
Population: 700,000.
Military Organization: The Adenian Guardians
Military Size: 500 (peacetime) and 20,000 (wartime).
Fleet Size: 200-300
National Flag: This.
Primary Culture: Adenian
Accepted Cultures: Any, all.
Primary Import(s): N/A.
Primary Export(s): Salt.
Trade Policy: We will trade with anyone, as long as they give us fair and equal trade.
Civil Freedoms: Many. Anyone of any religion is allowed, but if you aren't Cameleon, expect a tax.

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Adenian Imperium began shortly after 57 AD. At first, it was a single city, the city of Aden. Aden's rulers were a bunch of Lords and a Grand Lord who shared the city. But the Lords - and Grand Lord - grew hungry for more. And so began the expansion. The Adenian Lords and Grand Lord didn't want to kill; they simply wished for power and wealth. They allowed anyone of any kind to live freely in their nation, but would do so with a tax on those who did not live the traditional Adenian lifestyle. Due to this reason, as the Adenian Guardians spread the rule of Aden, some people did not even notice the soldiers coming through on camelback and announcing the new rule. Of course, the Guardians met resistance, but in times they did, they only received it from the political leaders of the city they were moving into, and those people were swiftly executed for "Anti-Imperial behavior". Some cities were corrupt or under an evil rule, and so they welcomed the Guardians with open arms. Others, did not, and simply thought it was trading one evil ruler for another. The Imperium finally stopped spreading at it's current borders in 200 AD, and has been attempting to flourish ever since.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The Imperium's economy started out via trade and warfare, but slowly transferred to relying on trade. Due to it's location, it was in a major trading position, and was able to control lots of international trade. This put it in a position to become fairly wealthy, fairly fast. The Adenian Imperium, therefor, is a very powerful trading partner. This also increases their experience in terms of naval travel, as opposed to land and such.
Brief Description of your nation's government: The Imperial Lordship is formed up of a royal family. The royal family consists of a Grand Lord/Imperator, the Father of the family, and the Lords, the Sons of the Imperator who control individual provinces. This system allows each province to be governed in a fairly simple matter and allows provinces to feel as if though they have more freedom. However, there are other government positions for non-royal family members, but these positions are filled by those trusted by the royal family.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The Imperium's people, called Adenians, are a decently happy people. They are happy due to the freedom they have. Anyone can have any form of job, religion, etc. Although, if the religion is not Cameleon, it is more than likely under a small tax/fee. The Imperator sometimes entertains people with Naval Races, wherein two ships will race from one side of the Imperium to the other, and back again. Other times, there are some gladitorial matches. The Imperium's people, however, are not always happy. Some would rather go back to their old way of life, without a tax on religion. There are some rebel groups who will sometimes strike, but this is very rare. The majority of people are happy, however, that the Imperator at least lets them keep their religious beliefs.

RP Example: #Vaxon.
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Accepted. Bare in mind, this is cameleon. Also, I love the flag.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

La Republica De Filipinas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby La Republica De Filipinas » Tue May 20, 2014 4:55 am

I believe I'll be able to post after a week.
North Korean music is better (and manlier) than South Korea's.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Map will be updated tomorrow.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Bujahla wrote:

Government Type: Imperial Lordship (ruled by many Lords with a Grand Lord/Imperator in charge)
State/National Religion: Cameleon, the belief that Camels are gifts of God and must be treated as Gods.
Trade Policy: We will trade with anyone, as long as they give us fair and equal trade.
Civil Freedoms: Many. Anyone of any religion is allowed, but if you aren't Cameleon, expect a tax.

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Adenian Imperium began shortly after 57 AD. At first, it was a single city, the city of Aden. Aden's rulers were a bunch of Lords and a Grand Lord who shared the city. But the Lords - and Grand Lord - grew hungry for more. And so began the expansion. The Adenian Lords and Grand Lord didn't want to kill; they simply wished for power and wealth. They allowed anyone of any kind to live freely in their nation, but would do so with a tax on those who did not live the traditional Adenian lifestyle. Due to this reason, as the Adenian Guardians spread the rule of Aden, some people did not even notice the soldiers coming through on camelback and announcing the new rule. Of course, the Guardians met resistance, but in times they did, they only received it from the political leaders of the city they were moving into, and those people were swiftly executed for "Anti-Imperial behavior". Some cities were corrupt or under an evil rule, and so they welcomed the Guardians with open arms. Others, did not, and simply thought it was trading one evil ruler for another. The Imperium finally stopped spreading at it's current borders in 200 AD, and has been attempting to flourish ever since.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The Imperium's economy started out via trade and warfare, but slowly transferred to relying on trade. Due to it's location, it was in a major trading position, and was able to control lots of international trade. This put it in a position to become fairly wealthy, fairly fast. The Adenian Imperium, therefor, is a very powerful trading partner. This also increases their experience in terms of naval travel, as opposed to land and such.
Brief Description of your nation's government: The Imperial Lordship is formed up of a royal family. The royal family consists of a Grand Lord/Imperator, the Father of the family, and the Lords, the Sons of the Imperator who control individual provinces. This system allows each province to be governed in a fairly simple matter and allows provinces to feel as if though they have more freedom. However, there are other government positions for non-royal family members, but these positions are filled by those trusted by the royal family.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The Imperium's people, called Adenians, are a decently happy people. They are happy due to the freedom they have. Anyone can have any form of job, religion, etc. Although, if the religion is not Cameleon, it is more than likely under a small tax/fee. The Imperator sometimes entertains people with Naval Races, wherein two ships will race from one side of the Imperium to the other, and back again. Other times, there are some gladitorial matches. The Imperium's people, however, are not always happy. Some would rather go back to their old way of life, without a tax on religion. There are some rebel groups who will sometimes strike, but this is very rare. The majority of people are happy, however, that the Imperator at least lets them keep their religious beliefs.

Yes! Also, who wishes to begin trading with the Imperium? Someone must want to; I, after all, have a very large trade route under my control.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue May 20, 2014 5:07 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Bujahla wrote:

Yes! Also, who wishes to begin trading with the Imperium? Someone must want to; I, after all, have a very large trade route under my control.

Thats when you actually have a very large trade route among PC nations xD
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Tue May 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Hey V.O.I.D
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue May 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Welcome back, Vaxon.

Why was your old nation deleted?

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm

I shall make a new post soon with Otveta.
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Tue May 20, 2014 6:47 pm

new expansions for Otveta in dark red... and...

CORRECTION TO WHAT HORUS FORGOT TO DO IN LIGHT NAVY BLUE and circled too.

cough.

And I just now noticed, Hungary also has Vienna in it's territory O_O

Hehehehe... Sorry Austria, but YOU WONT BE MAKING AUSTRIA-HUNGARY TODAY :twisted:
Last edited by Equalium on Tue May 20, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Gonna push into Central France soon..

Map update is Fortunagen's former nation has been conquered by Silverii.
Last edited by Relikai on Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed May 21, 2014 1:34 am

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:Maybe they used slaves?
Also, it was somewhere around 300k at that time, so...
Also, switched to 100 triremes. Still a major naval player.

Given that one of the major sources of Athenian naval strength and the pillar of their democracy was that they did not need to use galley slaves, unlike other Greek states, this seems unlikely. The count may, however, include those ships basically levied from their vassal cities into the greater Athenian navy.

Indeed. If you put a few hundred for each trireme, then 1% pop should yield the number of available sailors or thereabout, determining your population.

@VOID, you control only one trade route; the one between Mizomibe and Yrtip, which has grown much smaller as of recent.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed May 21, 2014 1:10 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

Welcome back, Vaxon.

Why was your old nation deleted?

TG me this question for the answer, this thread is... too public.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed May 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Relikai wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Thats when you actually have a very large trade route among PC nations xD

Yeah, but who else is someone going to run into when going my way? Not like there's anyone else to run into...

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Wed May 21, 2014 4:17 pm

*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Wed May 21, 2014 4:19 pm

The red one in Europe is what I planned Preusenia EDIT: Vokietea, not Preusenia. I almost forgot that I didn't start off with Preusenia. to be at the beginning, except it would encompass all of Baltica, get most of East Germany, and go south from there to about Czechoslovakia. Once that was occupied, that would be about as far south as that would go.

But then Europe got a lot more crowded than I expected... :blink:
Last edited by Neo-Assyrian Empire on Wed May 21, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Jeez, that is absolutely gorgeous! Who made it? Somebody give that man a cookie.

Redemption-America
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Redemption-America » Wed May 21, 2014 7:48 pm

1939! The World of Tomorrow! - Soviet Union
A Lost Age - Kingdom of Annui Taur
History of Man - Republic of Cascadia
History of Empires - Empire of Constantinople
"Stalin vs. Ron Paul would be a real challenge for me. I would abstain, of course."
"Well, NSG is all ERMAGERD LIBRALISM!"
"GENDER SCIENCE. Sounds like a degree one of those uber-liberal tiny colleges would award to the future-unemployed."

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Wed May 21, 2014 7:52 pm

"It's always Summer Under the Sea,
I know, I know, oh, oh, oh
The birds have scales, and the fish take wing
The rain is dry, and the snow falls up
"

;)

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Wed May 21, 2014 7:53 pm

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Wed May 21, 2014 8:54 pm

MAP UPDATE

http://i.imgur.com/sPEiI7x.png
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V6Tt ... RDxFO1.png

Added the new nations approved. Added expansions that were clarified. Further removed remaining white spaces.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:MAP UPDATE

Added the new nations approved. Added expansions that were clarified. Further removed remaining white spaces.

The Olmec NPC was supposed to be expanded, and the Texas nation's expansion was denied.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Otherwise looks great ;)

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Wed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Rephesus wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:MAP UPDATE

The Olmec NPC was supposed to be expanded, and the Texas nation's expansion was denied.

Do you have the map for the Olmec claim?
New Terran Republic (FT)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse