NATION

PASSWORD

A Millennium and a Quarter [OOC|OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu May 29, 2014 4:06 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:"was"
Not in 844, before shoguns existed. IRL, the title was established in 1192. Here, it was never established and has yet to be.

Also, when I say centralised, I mean more centralised than it was historically. Of course, it is still much closer to feudalism than even absolutism.

The ships are fine.

Royal Domain =/= France?
Royal domain=Ile de France.

I know, and perhaps a bit more. But the app was for France, and the Royal Domain is within France, so the Royal Domain moving people and lowering pop growth rate means the difference is carried onto France.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 29, 2014 4:10 am

Alleniana wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Royal domain=Ile de France.

I know, and perhaps a bit more. But the app was for France, and the Royal Domain is within France, so the Royal Domain moving people and lowering pop growth rate means the difference is carried onto France.

He means that Ile de France is depopulated whilst the other areas of other dukes are over populated.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I know, and perhaps a bit more. But the app was for France, and the Royal Domain is within France, so the Royal Domain moving people and lowering pop growth rate means the difference is carried onto France.

He means that Ile de France is depopulated whilst the other areas of other dukes are over populated.

Overpopulation slows population growth.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 am

Alleniana wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:He means that Ile de France is depopulated whilst the other areas of other dukes are over populated.

Overpopulation slows population growth.

No not really. Look at India they're still churning more and more babies.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valentir » Thu May 29, 2014 4:15 am

Why are you guys wasting your time on this topic?

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 29, 2014 4:16 am

Valentir wrote:Why are you guys wasting your time on this topic?

Without questioning innovation will not happen.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu May 29, 2014 4:17 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Overpopulation slows population growth.

No not really. Look at India they're still churning more and more babies.

You're not maintaining controlled variables. India is very different from France.

If India had 2 billion people, then the number of births per woman would be lower than if it had 1 billion. This is maintaining technology, public attitudes, culture, etc.

Same for France. If one duchy has 50,000, and then that duchy, under the same conditions, goes to 100,000, fewer births per woman.
cos you're trying to give yourself a get-out-of-jail-free pop growth card
The less farmland cultivated, the slower the population growth rate (after factoring other factors, of course). I'll leave it at that.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentir » Thu May 29, 2014 4:18 am

Alleniana wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:No not really. Look at India they're still churning more and more babies.

You're not maintaining controlled variables. India is very different from France.

If India had 2 billion people, then the number of births per woman would be lower than if it had 1 billion. This is maintaining technology, public attitudes, culture, etc.

Same for France. If one duchy has 50,000, and then that duchy, under the same conditions, goes to 100,000, fewer births per woman.
The less farmland cultivated, the slower the population growth rate (after factoring other factors, of course). I'll leave it at that.

In the Royal Domain, meanwhile the lands of the other dukes are full of cultivated lands. Honestly though, none of this matters seeing as I have left the RP.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 29, 2014 4:19 am

Can Polan roflstomp everyone nao?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu May 29, 2014 4:25 am

Valentir wrote:
Alleniana wrote:You're not maintaining controlled variables. India is very different from France.

In the Royal Domain, meanwhile the lands of the other dukes are full of cultivated lands. Honestly though, none of this matters seeing as I have left the RP.

You have?
Again?

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentir » Thu May 29, 2014 4:27 am

Alleniana wrote:
Valentir wrote:In the Royal Domain, meanwhile the lands of the other dukes are full of cultivated lands. Honestly though, none of this matters seeing as I have left the RP.

You have?
Again?

Yes, permanently. This RP, in my eyes, is dead, and I have nothing to contribute. Boredom has come over me, and there is another RP that I need to devote my time to. Farewell, and may the world burn beneath Poland's Feet.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 29, 2014 4:28 am

Valentir wrote:
Alleniana wrote:You have?
Again?

Yes, permanently. This RP, in my eyes, is dead, and I have nothing to contribute. Boredom has come over me, and there is another RP that I need to devote my time to. Farewell, and may the world burn beneath Poland's Feet.

Hooves*

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 am

Valentir wrote:
Alleniana wrote:You have?
Again?

Well, alright, bye

I'm thinking of shutting down the RP myself, or at least pausing it, because I have to leave for yet another 5 days in a day or two, for camp.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu May 29, 2014 5:30 am

Alleniana wrote:
Valentir wrote:Yes, permanently. This RP, in my eyes, is dead, and I have nothing to contribute. Boredom has come over me, and there is another RP that I need to devote my time to. Farewell, and may the world burn beneath Poland's Feet.

Well, alright, bye

I'm thinking of shutting down the RP myself, or at least pausing it, because I have to leave for yet another 5 days in a day or two, for camp.

No let Polan conquer all!

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu May 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Population growth is exponential, there's a region China and India are so heavily populated and Canada isn't. Yes the birth rate in a nation of 2 billion will be lower than in the same nation with 1 billion, but their overall growth will be a hell of a lot higher.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu May 29, 2014 10:33 pm

Rephesus wrote:Population growth is exponential, there's a region China and India are so heavily populated and Canada isn't. Yes the birth rate in a nation of 2 billion will be lower than in the same nation with 1 billion, but their overall growth will be a hell of a lot higher.

Yes, of course. I'm using that to demonstrate that less land cultivated means less population growth, which is my point about France.

He left, anyway.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 am

Alleniana wrote:
Rephesus wrote:Population growth is exponential, there's a region China and India are so heavily populated and Canada isn't. Yes the birth rate in a nation of 2 billion will be lower than in the same nation with 1 billion, but their overall growth will be a hell of a lot higher.

Yes, of course. I'm using that to demonstrate that less land cultivated means less population growth, which is my point about France.

He left, anyway.

Polan controls world nao.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri May 30, 2014 5:17 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Yes, of course. I'm using that to demonstrate that less land cultivated means less population growth, which is my point about France.

He left, anyway.

Polan controls world nao.

no ty

Anyway, this will pretty much be shutting down for the week. ALl okay?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse