NATION

PASSWORD

1900 AH RP (1870 RP Series, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

1900 AH RP (1870 RP Series, Open)

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 am

Esto perpetua.
— Alleniana

Until our descendants decide to stop at 2014.
— Seljuq Kyiv

I'm just excited that I get to OP one of these RPs!
— Gibberan

IC Thread

OP: ME! :p
Co-OP: Alleniana

Background

Let us skip back a number of years, to the year which changed everything. 1870.

While Asia has been relatively quiet, both Europe and Africa have had a tumultuous time. After Bismarck's catastrophic failure in the War of Bavarian Subduction, which ended with an independent and united Kingdom of Southern Germany, a coalition of aligned nations directly (North German Confederation, Austro-Hungarian Monarchy, Southern German Kingdom, and Khedivate of Egypt) or indirectly (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Ottoman Empire) engineered the downfall of Louis-Napoleon's Second French Empire and the subsequent Jules Favre's Third French Republic. Blanqui's French Commune in Paris and Thiers' Provisional Government in Tours fought for legitimacy over the shattered and impoverished realms of France following the fallout of the Franco-German War. While Spain is in a state of civil unrest, the remains of it's vast empire still perseveres, including Morocco and Korea, saved by the strong Spanish-Japanese alliance. Italy's increasing aggression against the Papal States created much anxiety and worry for the citizens of both nations. Belgium, after repelling a Dutch invasion, is controlled by a pro-Austrian/pro-British government, only lawfully installed in the eyes of the German states and Britain. As France remains in shambles and anarchy following the Egyptian withdrawal, Algeria was taken by the Austrians, and the British and Portuguese capitalized on the by expanding into Guinea and East Africa, respectively, with much opposition from Austria and Egypt. All these issues were dealt with in the Conference of Cairo, which deemed the slave trade unlawful and set limits on Europeans claiming land in the Dark Continent. The conference itself was engineered by Egypt, an increasingly powerful state successfully distancing itself from the faltering but aggressive Ottomans in the eyes of the world.

In the Americas, the world has been bustling as well, almost more than in Europe. After increasing military successes in Paraguay and Uruguay, Argentina was confident enough that it could launch a false-flag operation on the major nations of the world. However, their treachery was quickly discovered and Argentina, blockaded by a joint Russo-American naval force, was forced to sign a treaty known as 'The Russian Agreement', severely limiting the Argentine government and making it a puppet of Russia. The USA, seeing this opportunity, gave Alaska back to Russia in exchange for the occupation of Argentina, which continues to this day. Mexico has invaded further closer to the isthmus creating puppets along the way, and appears to almost totally control, along with Brazil, the Santiago Pact, a strong alliance of Central and South American nations. Colombia, after seeking an alliance with the US, has strengthened, despite not joining the above mentioned Pact, while coming to blows with an aggressive Venezuela in the last part of 1875. Ecuador and Peru are quiet, while Bolivia is intimidated by Chile, the founder of Santiago who seeks to expand to empty Polynesia.Despite Russian pressure, it conquered a newly-independent Patagonia after it was ceded from Argentina by the terms of the Russian Agreement. Russia expands its influence even in this hemisphere, co-puppeteer of Uruguay along with the US and owner of Alaska, as does Britain; the Dutch, Spanish and French even still own their small domains.

That was the world in 1875, of course. It is your responsibility to discover what has happened since then. maybe borders have changed maybe governments have faltered since that time; it is up to you.

Map
Notes: The Canary Islands are American, and Alaska is Russian

Accepted Players

Sign-ups

Code: Select all
[box][b]Full Name of Nation:[/b]
[b]Claimed Land:[/b]
[b]Claimed Territories (vassal and tributaries included):[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Government Style:[/b]
[b]Primary Infantry Weapons:[/b]
[b]Standard Artillery:[/b]
[b]Main Naval Vessels:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]
429 (It helps to find apps)[/box]

I will be background checking all of your applications.

The Rules

1. Show respect to other players. No Spamming, Trolling, Flaming, or...well, you know what I mean.
2. I am the OP. OP and Co-OP's words are law. PERIOD
3. No godmodding and no metagaming. If you don't know what these are, please TG me or a Co-OP.
4. Please do decent RPing. No number-spamming, horrible grammar, or one-liners
5. Follow all rules and you'll be fine. I am a fair person so ask if you have questions or need help. Also first time RPers will be given some leniency and I will not ban them from the RP on first sight.
6. Have Fun! :)

Last edited by Gibberan on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 12 times in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 am

Full Name of Nation: United States of America
Claimed Land: Continental US
Claimed Territories: Phillipines, Canary Islands, Guam, Taiwan are territories, and Argentina is occupied by the US
Head of State: President Henry Cabot Lodge
Head of Government: Vice President Albert Beveridge/Speaker of the House Frederick Gillett
Government Style: Federal presidential constitutional republic
Military Branches: United States Army, United States Navy, United States Marine Corps (Considered Part of the Navy)
Primary Infantry Weapons: Winchester Model 1895
Standard Artillery: 3.6inch Field Gun, Model 1896
Main Naval Vessels: Most advanced class: Taiwan-class battlecruiser, most numerous class: Seward-class battlecruiser
Other: Nothing much has happened except the Cuban Wars of the 1890s, fought against a Japanese-Spanish coalition, in which the US took the Canary Islands the Phillipines, and Guam from the Spaniards and Taiwan from the Japanese. The US also supports Colombian-controlled Panama and hopes to annex Hawaii, albeit peacefully.
RP Sample: srsly?
429 (It helps to find apps)
Last edited by Gibberan on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

Proud Esquarian!
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:45 am

Argentina saved.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:48 am

China clemmen it.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:56 am

Both are now reserved! :)
Last edited by Gibberan on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Esquarian!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 am

I will into co-opschtit if you vanting.

Full Name of Nation: Republic of Chile!
Claimed Land: The old Chile from 1875 + all of Patagonia south of Colorado River, plus the Republics of Mamore and Chaco
Claimed Territories (vassal and tributaries included): Absorbed those silly thingies, so nope
Head of State: President Carlos Valdivia
Head of Government: Prime Minister Guillermo Tatras
Government Style: Liberal, expansionist, you know me :P
Military Branches: Army & Navy... not sure what this wants, here
Primary Infantry Weapons: C1896 (if you permit?) and Antofagasta 1899 Pistol
Standard Artillery: 1895 Chilean Model 1
Main Naval Vessels: About 14 ironclads, you know the factbook I made :P I'm updating it tomorrow
RP Sample: hue

Not a very good app, but I'll be factbooking it like last time, so I hope it's no problem.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 am

Full Name of Nation: The Empire of the Great Qing/the Empire of China
Claimed Land: modern China+ Mongolia, regions of Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan
Claimed Territories (vassal and tributaries included): Burma, Nepal, Vietnam
Head of State: the Guangxu Emperor
Head of Government: the Guangxu Emperor
Government Style: absolute monarchy
Military Branches: Imperial Army, Imperial Navy
Primary Infantry Weapons: Hanyang Type-88 rifle
Standard Artillery: 87 mm Krupp light field gun
Main Naval Vessels: Nanchen-class cruiser (2,200 tons, 15 knots, two 8-in Armstrong guns, eight 12-cm quickfirers)
Other: The Guangxu Emperor, in the wake of the devastating First Sino-Japanese War, immediately began implementing his reforms, assassinating the Dowager Empress and taking total control over the court. He has, since 1895, been strongly focusing on reforming the military, the treasury, and the civil service, and his hard work is beginning to pay off, as China's accounts have stabilized, her navy is larger and modernized, and her army is now equipped with modern weapons and training.
RP Sample: Link 1, Link 2
Last edited by Senkaku on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 am

Well shit.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:05 am

Alleniana wrote:I will into co-opschtit if you vanting.

Claimed Land: The old Chile from 1875 + all of Patagonia south of Colorado River, plus the Republics of Mamore and Chaco
Claimed Territories (vassal and tributaries included): Absorbed those silly thingies, so nope
Main Naval Vessels: About 14 ironclads, you know the factbook I made :P I'm updating it tomorrow

Accepted!

And I do be vanting.
Senkaku wrote:
Claimed Land: modern China+ Mongolia, regions of Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan
Main Naval Vessels: Nanchen-class cruiser (2,200 tons, 15 knots, two 8-in Armstrong guns, eight 12-cm quickfirers)
RP Sample: will find link shortly

Not a very good app, but I'll be factbooking it like last time, so I hope it's no problem.
China has already been reserved. Sorry, though feel free to app as something else.

Proud Esquarian!

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:06 am

Gibberan wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I will into co-opschtit if you vanting.

Accepted!

And I do be vanting.

China has already been reserved. Sorry, though feel free to app as something else.

Dammit. I'd been working on my app before he posted that. Shoulda posted a "reserving China" thing.

Edit: going to finish the app anyways.
Last edited by Senkaku on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 am

Senkaku wrote:
Gibberan wrote:China has already been reserved. Sorry, though feel free to app as something else.

Dammit. I'd been working on my app before he posted that. Shoulda posted a "reserving China" thing.

so that I will not be a total ass, may I use your app?

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Dammit. I'd been working on my app before he posted that. Shoulda posted a "reserving China" thing.

so that I will not be a total ass, may I use your app?

Be my guest. It wouldn't be very interesting to play a non-modernized China, or a still-modernizing one.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 am

Senkaku wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:so that I will not be a total ass, may I use your app?

Be my guest. It wouldn't be very interesting to play a non-modernized China, or a still-modernizing one.

I’ve played with it many times and I just copy and paste the same sequences.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 am

Can I make a movement? For example a Bonapartist movement in France that stoops so low as to support the Germans in taking Germanic bits of France for power?
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:17 am

Proud Esquarian!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 am

Alouite wrote:Can I make a movement? For example a Bonapartist movement in France that stoops so low as to support the Germans in taking Germanic bits of France for power?

Sure

Proud Esquarian!

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 am

Hmmm. If the 1870's RP fails (I hope it doesn't, my best posts are in it, lol), I'll join up in this. What to do, what to do....

- Egypt forms the North African Co-Prosperity Sphere like White Horde had planned.
- Possibly play Mexico so I can be involved in the Americas.
- Maybe an Austro-German-Hungarian empire (found a cool flag for it)
- A reformed Russia
- The British (enough said)
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 am

*Cries for 25 years*
I still want Mexico or Venezuela

Last edited by Baja California y Sonora on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 am

Bujahla wrote:Hmmm. If the 1870's RP fails (I hope it doesn't, my best posts are in it, lol), I'll join up in this. What to do, what to do....

- Egypt forms the North African Co-Prosperity Sphere like White Horde had planned.
- Possibly play Mexico so I can be involved in the Americas.
- Maybe an Austro-German-Hungarian empire (found a cool flag for it)
- A reformed Russia
- The British (enough said)

shilly aegypt
Baja might want Mexicano.
FAKE EDIT:
DAAAAYUM
I AM FORTUNE TELLER
BOW BEFORE ME

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 am

Full Name of Nation: Third French Empire
Claimed Land: Claim to France
Claimed Territories (vassal and tributaries included): Claim to French Africa, French Caribbean, French Indonesia, A lesser claim on Milan, Aragon, and Naples through previous rule when they were in power.
Head of State: Victor Napoléon Bonaparte
Head of Government: Jean de Normandie
Government Style: Constitutional Monarchy
Military Branches: la Grande Armée, Le Grand Marine, La Royal Air Force, La Légion étrangère
Primary Infantry Weapons: Lebel Model 1886 rifle, 105-mm and 155-mm howitzers
Standard Artillery: Modèle 1892 revolver, Trench Knife
Main Naval Vessels: None, yet.
RP Sample: I was part of the Reboot effort, but If you want an example Ill get it in a sec.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:17 am

Gibberan wrote:
Claimed Land: Continental US, Cuba
Claimed Territories: Puerto Rico, Guam, Taiwan are territories, and Argentina is occupied by the US
Head of Government: Vice President Albert Beveridge/Speaker of the House Frederick Gillett
Military Branches: United States Army, United States Navy, United States Marine Corps (Considered Part of the Navy)
Main Naval Vessels: Most advanced class: Taiwan-class battlecruiser, most numerous class: Seward-class battlecruiser
Other: Nothing much has happened except the Cuban Wars of the 1890s, fought against a Japanese-Spanish coalition, in which the US took Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Guam from the Spaniards and Taiwan from the Japanese. The US also supports Colombian-controlled Panama and hopes to annex Hawaii, albeit peacefully.

Mexico owns Cuba and Puerto Rico, they purchased them in 1875.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:18 am

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
Gibberan wrote:
Claimed Land: Continental US, Cuba
Claimed Territories: Puerto Rico, Guam, Taiwan are territories, and Argentina is occupied by the US
Other: Nothing much has happened except the Cuban Wars of the 1890s, fought against a Japanese-Spanish coalition, in which the US took Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Guam from the Spaniards and Taiwan from the Japanese. The US also supports Colombian-controlled Panama and hopes to annex Hawaii, albeit peacefully.

Yeah but this is based off where we left off in Allen's reincarnation.
Hyman Minsky

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 am

Other: The Guangxu Emperor, in the wake of the devastating First Sino-Japanese War, immediately began implementing his reforms, assassinating the Dowager Empress and taking total control over the court. He has, since 1895, been strongly focusing on reforming the military, the treasury, and the civil service, and his hard work is beginning to pay off, as China's accounts have stabilized, her navy is larger and modernized, and her army is now equipped with modern weapons and training.
RP Sample: New imperialism.

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:21 am

Alouite wrote:

Yeah but this is based off where we left off in Allen's reincarnation.

There was only one post made for that reincarnation.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 am

Alouite wrote:Yeah but this is based off where we left off in Allen's reincarnation.

There was only one post made for that reincarnation.

Exactly.
Hyman Minsky

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse