NATION

PASSWORD

1914:Divided We Fall OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Now. I could take Germany, or I could take China. The only question is which.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Valkstadt wrote:ACCEPTED
Smart move going with Roosevelt.

I would like to bump up the military later if possible. The US would most likely fight a two front war and would need to have more troops than the CSA. Its either a 5:3.5 ratio or a 7:5 ratio of military troops.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:ACCEPTED
Smart move going with Roosevelt.

I would like to bump up the military later if possible. The US would most likely fight a two front war and would need to have more troops than the CSA. Its either a 5:3.5 ratio or a 7:5 ratio of military troops.

My population is a little higher than IRL because of Cuba, Sonora and Chihuahua. Also the US didn't have as much immigrants because it was not as attractive since the US was defeated in the Civil War and had to take time to rebuild. Also Great Britain won't be a threat due to the war in Europe. Maybe Canada will send troops but it shouldn't be too many people.
Last edited by Valkstadt on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Likes- Conservatism, the South, Classic Rock, the New Orleans Saints, College Football.

If you are so weak as to be hurt by mere words then I apologize. Political Correctness is bullshit. Learn how to take a punch.

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Valkstadt wrote:
Jade Confederacy wrote:I would like to bump up the military later if possible. The US would most likely fight a two front war and would need to have more troops than the CSA. Its either a 5:3.5 ratio or a 7:5 ratio of military troops.

My population is a little higher than IRL because of Cuba, Sonora and Chihuahua. Also the US didn't have as much immigrants because it was not as attractive since the US was defeated in the Civil War and had to take time to rebuild. Also Great Britain won't be a threat due to the war in Europe. Maybe Canada will send troops but it shouldn't be too many people.

Canada is still ESSENTIALLY a British colony, has its semi-independence but not complete yet. But yeah the main war will be in europe for the UK, still I'd watch the north :roll:
Last edited by Irona on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Irona wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:My population is a little higher than IRL because of Cuba, Sonora and Chihuahua. Also the US didn't have as much immigrants because it was not as attractive since the US was defeated in the Civil War and had to take time to rebuild. Also Great Britain won't be a threat due to the war in Europe. Maybe Canada will send troops but it shouldn't be too many people.

Canada is still ESSENTIALLY a British colony, has its semi-independence but not complete yet. But yeah the main war will be in europe for the UK, still I'd watch the north :roll:

Yeah I might have to watch out for Mexico. They could cause some problems trying to take back lost lands.
Likes- Conservatism, the South, Classic Rock, the New Orleans Saints, College Football.

If you are so weak as to be hurt by mere words then I apologize. Political Correctness is bullshit. Learn how to take a punch.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Well I suppose both Americas can fight a two front war..

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Plus once the blockade is in Germany won't be able to help the US

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Valkstadt wrote:
Jade Confederacy wrote:I would like to bump up the military later if possible. The US would most likely fight a two front war and would need to have more troops than the CSA. Its either a 5:3.5 ratio or a 7:5 ratio of military troops.

Immigration helped, but most American population growth was natural. Even with added populations in Cuba and northern Mexico, the northern states would still be more industrialized and more populous due to abundance of coal and good farmland.The US needs the extra troops if it want to fight both the CSA and British Canada at the same time. Otherwise, the US declaring war on two enemies without close allies wouldn't make much sense.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Irona wrote:Well I suppose both Americas can fight a two front war..

Haha thats gonna suck.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:My population is a little higher than IRL because of Cuba, Sonora and Chihuahua. Also the US didn't have as much immigrants because it was not as attractive since the US was defeated in the Civil War and had to take time to rebuild. Also Great Britain won't be a threat due to the war in Europe. Maybe Canada will send troops but it shouldn't be too many people.

Immigration helped, but most American population growth was natural. Even with added populations in Cuba and northern Mexico, the northern states would still be more industrialized and more populous due to abundance of coal and good farmland.The US needs the extra troops if it want to fight both the CSA and British Canada at the same time. Otherwise, the US declaring war on two enemies without close allies wouldn't make much sense.

True, true. I'd say a 10:8.5 ratio would be good. Germany attacked Russia even though they were much bigger and had to fight a two front war.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 pm

In Russia whole squads shared a gun :eyebrow:

Russia was still an agricultural nation, Germany was heavily Industrialized.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Valkstadt wrote:True, true. I'd say a 10:8.5 ratio would be good. Germany attacked Russia even though they were much bigger and had to fight a two front war.

Germany thought it had AH and the Ottomans to help deal with Russia.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Valkstadt wrote:True, true. I'd say a 10:8.5 ratio would be good. Germany attacked Russia even though they were much bigger and had to fight a two front war.

Germany thought it had AH and the Ottomans to help deal with Russia.

AH got distracted by Romania and Italy. Ottoman kebab tried to take the Causcaus, but failed.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Wow just looked at the map, UK own Hawaii? As the sandwich isles??

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Irona wrote:Wow just looked at the map, UK own Hawaii? As the sandwich isles??

Yep. The US had to worry about other stuff I guess. Russia still has Alaska too.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Jade Confederacy wrote:Germany thought it had AH and the Ottomans to help deal with Russia.

AH got distracted by Romania and Italy. Ottoman kebab tried to take the Causcaus, but failed.

Yeah the Ottomans have potential to really do something. Revive empire of old. They just have to avoid sucking haha.Take the Suez and hold off the British while kicking some ass against Russia.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 pm

We need Germany, France, Italy and the Ottomans to start. I can handle the rest of em.
BTW if anyone is good at making maps that would help a lot. I can't do it on my mac because its a school computer and the program I would use can't be installed. The world map doesn't show Arizona and New Mexico as Confederate. I also won't be able to show territorial gains.
Last edited by Valkstadt on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:21 pm

I can't wait to take some US possessions away by force! Or the same with the Confederates, depending on who I'm aligned with.
In short, I have lots I could potentially gain by sitting back and waiting.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Yalos wrote:I can't wait to take some US possessions away by force! Or the same with the Confederates, depending on who I'm aligned with.

Since the US never had its war with Spain, you'll be mostly against Spain, UK and France

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Yalos wrote:I can't wait to take some US possessions away by force! Or the same with the Confederates, depending on who I'm aligned with.

Since the US never had its war with Spain, you'll be mostly against Spain, UK and France

Yeah I don't see anything you would want unless it was some of mainland America. You can expect one hell of a fight for that :p

Prevnina
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Who do we still need?

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Prevnina wrote:Who do we still need?

Germany, France, Italy and the Ottomans.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Actually, Italy and Ottomans can probably wait, seeing as they didn't contribute as much to the early war.

We could probably start with just France and Germany.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Yalos wrote:Actually, Italy and Ottomans can probably wait, seeing as they didn't contribute as much to the early war.

We could probably start with just France and Germany.

Yeah. I'm recruiting some old friends. I haven't been on NS in over a year haha.
Last edited by Valkstadt on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 pm

If anybody knows anyone that wants to joins let them know we have spots open!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse