NATION

PASSWORD

1914:Divided We Fall OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prevnina
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:41 am

Ukraines wrote::3, England would be screwed if the lost India. That's their massive income. Without that, their dead in Europe. Russia needs the coal in Siberia, along with soon to be oil for tanks in 1917.

Actually, IIRC, a lot, if not most of the oil comes from the Caucasus and from Kazakhstan, there are huge deposits in Siberia, but with that region being so undeveloped and sparsely populated, there wasn't much activity at the time.

The sun never sets on the British Empire mate, even without India, they still have what, a quarter of Africa, the ANZACs, Canada, the Caribbean etc.

Ukraines wrote:Actually Tibet was independent till right before ww2. Also, They wouldn't really declare war on England, till Russia is near falling. Japan dies. Allowing for China to flourish. ACTUALLY NEITHER WOULD DARE, THEY KNOW IT WOULD BE A STALEMATE!

Well, it was 'independent', but nobody recognised it and China could pretty much do what ever they want to it, I don't see the Chinese ever really declaring war on Britain, and anyway, in this RP who's to say the Tsar will fall.

The Romanov dynasty shall reign for eternity!

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 am

I'm thinking of having the Civil War take place a lot earlier. Like right when we get started. Then, as World War I starts and Russia is getting some offensive to get an offensive going, the Bolsheviks start the revolution and prevent further Russian intervention. Maybe have it last a few years, or try to at least. Enough to keep Russia out for the rest of WWI.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Ukraines
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraines » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:43 am

Russia has 2 fronts, Ottomans and Germany. If a 3rd comes in Russia was already faulting with 2. Seeing as its behind them (Also they could take Kazakhstan, its a straight show from Xinjiang.) so yeah.
Military Pop: 1,502,000 Active, 25,000,000 Reserves, 26,502,000 Total
Army #: 1,000,000 Active. 10,000,000 Reserves.
Navy #: 402,000 Active, 8,000,000 Reserves
Marine #: 100,000 Active, 7,000,000 Reserves.
RP Pop: 1,302,045,069
Ideology: COMMUNISM!
Government: Marxism-Leninism/Single-Party State
Ruler: Chairman Arya Ulyssi

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 am

Ukraines wrote:Russia has 2 fronts, Ottomans and Germany. If a 3rd comes in Russia was already faulting with 2. Seeing as its behind them (Also they could take Kazakhstan, its a straight show from Xinjiang.) so yeah.

China would have fronts in Japan to the east, British India and French Indochina to the south and west, Russia to the west and north and reinforcing troops from the Empires arriving all over the place, they also have far lower tech, worse training and equipment and almost nothing going for them except for numbers... Whoever plays China should just sit the opening years of the war out and build up their industry/infrastructure, then maybe in 1918 or so they would be more capable of crushing their enemies.

The New Greek Republic wrote:I'm thinking of having the Civil War take place a lot earlier. Like right when we get started. Then, as World War I starts and Russia is getting some offensive to get an offensive going, the Bolsheviks start the revolution and prevent further Russian intervention. Maybe have it last a few years, or try to at least. Enough to keep Russia out for the rest of WWI.

You're going to need a reason for the Bolsheviks to get public support, the poor conditions at the front, rationing and low morale all contributed to desertions, fragging and revolutionary talk...

You should have the Russians go to war as in real life, spend two or three years fighting and then, if in the IC war goes badly, travel the known route and have the civilians rise up, starting off a civil war and taking Russia out of the running until the Romanovs can retain control :lol2:

Ukraines
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ukraines » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 am

Prevnina wrote:
Ukraines wrote:Russia has 2 fronts, Ottomans and Germany. If a 3rd comes in Russia was already faulting with 2. Seeing as its behind them (Also they could take Kazakhstan, its a straight show from Xinjiang.) so yeah.

China would have fronts in Japan to the east, British India and French Indochina to the south and west, Russia to the west and north and reinforcing troops from the Empires arriving all over the place, they also have far lower tech, worse training and equipment and almost nothing going for them except for numbers... Whoever plays China should just sit the opening years of the war out and build up their industry/infrastructure, then maybe in 1918 or so they would be more capable of crushing their enemies.

The New Greek Republic wrote:I'm thinking of having the Civil War take place a lot earlier. Like right when we get started. Then, as World War I starts and Russia is getting some offensive to get an offensive going, the Bolsheviks start the revolution and prevent further Russian intervention. Maybe have it last a few years, or try to at least. Enough to keep Russia out for the rest of WWI.

You're going to need a reason for the Bolsheviks to get public support, the poor conditions at the front, rationing and low morale all contributed to desertions, fragging and revolutionary talk...

You should have the Russians go to war as in real life, spend two or three years fighting and then, if in the IC war goes badly, travel the known route and have the civilians rise up, starting off a civil war and taking Russia out of the running until the Romanovs can retain control :lol2:

If china got involved that could happen immediately. Because Russia already would of been at war in the south, but also they got Germany. But if China takes some units from the front. well There goes Russia.
Military Pop: 1,502,000 Active, 25,000,000 Reserves, 26,502,000 Total
Army #: 1,000,000 Active. 10,000,000 Reserves.
Navy #: 402,000 Active, 8,000,000 Reserves
Marine #: 100,000 Active, 7,000,000 Reserves.
RP Pop: 1,302,045,069
Ideology: COMMUNISM!
Government: Marxism-Leninism/Single-Party State
Ruler: Chairman Arya Ulyssi

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 am

Prevnina wrote:

Now that I think of it, It'd be best if I go at it as in real life before splitting from actual history.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 am

Ukraines wrote:If china got involved that could happen immediately. Because Russia already would of been at war in the south, but also they got Germany. But if China takes some units from the front. well There goes Russia.

Germany, Austria and Romania made some good gains in Russia in real life, though whether that happens now is unknown, the Russians weren't winning, but they hadn't had a truly decisive loss yet either, all they had to do was hold out for the British/French/Colonials to win in the west and push into Germany, securing a peace treaty and stopping the eastern offensives.

Even if China can raise an army, train it and equip it, they aren't going to be in Moscow within two days, it would take them a long, long time to march through Siberia and the -stans, they can't possibly defeat every single force they come across, the army, the cossacks, militias and other guerillas, but it is possible the Chinese can retain control over their own chaotic lands and take Russia...

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 am

Ukraines wrote:APPLICATION:
Flag:
Military: 2,100,000
Leader: President Venustiano Carranza
Capital: Mexico City, Mexico
Government Type: Constitutional, Democracy.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283883

ACCEPTED
Likes- Conservatism, the South, Classic Rock, the New Orleans Saints, College Football.

If you are so weak as to be hurt by mere words then I apologize. Political Correctness is bullshit. Learn how to take a punch.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:17 am

I feel like this is worth mentioning.

China would not be able to fight a sustained war. With limited manufacturing capabilities, Chinavwould have to rely on sending a smaller, easily supplied force. However, Chinese units were outdated and extremely poor in terms of combat.

China had numbers going for it, and even then, they couldn't possibly deploy that many. It would be a logistical nightmare considering the lack of industry and modern farmng practices that made such mobilization on part of Western powers and Japan possible. China simply didnt have the economic might, nor the political willpower to muster an army. Considering China was effecively split up by warlords at the time, warlords who were more powerful than the Emperor, there will not be a united China. There wiill be a China trying to unify very desperately, unable to raise and deploy an army against a modern, much more powerful Western army.

And no, Chinese soldiers would not be storming Tokyo. Even if somehow it were managed that China could unify bloodlessly, magically build.tens of thousands of manufacturing plants, overnight, and suddenly train ALL of its men for modern war and give them proper weaponry, they would have to contend with the Japanese navy which was on par with the S and British navy of the time.

End of discussion, China isn't getting to invade Russia or invade japanese and India because of cruel, logistical realities and political strife that dominated the dying days of the Qing dynasty. This may be Alt history, but somethings are simply TOO ridiculous. And Japan would stomp on and amnex Manchuria in a heartbeat in case of war, backing up Communists and Nationalists and certain warlords to weaken the Qing.

And yes, that would effectively just create a Chinese civil war, with the qing up against the Brits, Russians, Japs and ostensibly the Confederates.

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 am

APPLICATION:
Flag:

Military: 8,800,000
Leader: Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith (H.H Asquith)
Capital: London
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional Monarchy
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289164
Last edited by Irona on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_o ... %80%931949)

Read this, China was in no position to fight a external war in 1914, in fact the entire country was controlled primarily by dozens of autonomous warlords just two years later without one.
Last edited by Irona on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yalos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 am

Irona wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China_(1912%E2%80%931949)

Read this, China was in no position to fight a external war in 1914, in fact the entire country was controlled primarily by dozens of autonomous warlords just two years later without one.

^ essentially what my own post was about.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 am

Yep, I was agreeing with you!

Yalos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 am

Irona wrote:

Yep, I was agreeing with you!

I know. I was just pointing out that these were the same ideas I was getting at.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:08 am

Haha OK, whens the OP usually active? And any Ideas about the IC?

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:32 am

Yeah China is basically a joke until they unify and modernize. They do have potential though. I'll be active for the rest of the day. IC will open as soon as we fill out the major roles. Grab some friends if you can. We need Germany, France and the USA to start. I'll RP the other open spots.
Last edited by Valkstadt on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Likes- Conservatism, the South, Classic Rock, the New Orleans Saints, College Football.

If you are so weak as to be hurt by mere words then I apologize. Political Correctness is bullshit. Learn how to take a punch.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:34 am

Irona wrote:APPLICATION:
Flag:

(Image)

Military: 8,800,000
Leader: Prime Minister Herbert Henry Asquith (H.H Asquith)
Capital: London
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional Monarchy
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289164

ACCEPTED

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:38 am

Ukraines, I have based the post civil war time line off an alternate history novel. The CSA bought Chihuahua and Sonora in the 1880's. Not war. You can join whichever alliance you want to. Its all about personal interest.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am

Valkstadt wrote:Germany- The largest and most powerful military at the time but forced to split to fight on two fronts. Strong economy.

France- A well trained and efficient military fighting on its own lands. Expansive empires with colonies across the globe.

United States of America- Set back from the loss of the Civil War, a mighty producer, with a military matching that of the CSA. Unstable politically with Radicals on both sides vying for power. (Giving some room to make stuff up as the timeline has changed.)

Italy- A game changer nation that could turn the tide of war. Constitutional monarchy makes its government stable and semi efficient. Economically there is room for improvement.

China- Unmodernized, unorganized and no manufacturing capabilities. China is ruled by several warlords that is subject the infighting. Vast in natural resources and massive in man power. Would take a lot of TLC.

Spain

Brazil

Ottoman Empire- A once great empire in decline. It is old and considered to be out of touch with the times. It is weak economically but has good rail roads built by the Germans. If successful, the Ottoman Empire could retake its former glory and spread its influence across the Middle East and Africa once more.

Bulgaria

Romania

I'm working on a list and description of open nations. Its the 3rd post.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:31 am

You could have Spain as controlling the gateway to the med and the backdoor to france?

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:46 am

You should put up an ad in the advertisement thread

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:57 am

Flag: flag
Military: 5,000,000
Leader: President Theodore Roosevelt
Capital: Philadelphia
Government Type: Federal Republic
RP Sample: link
Last edited by Jade Confederacy on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Irona wrote:You should put up an ad in the advertisement thread

where be that?

Valkstadt
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkstadt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:Country: United States of America
Flag: flag
Military: 5,000,000
Leader: President Theodore Roosevelt
Capital: Philadelphia
Government Type: Federal Republic
RP Sample: link

ACCEPTED
Smart move going with Roosevelt.

Irona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:14 pm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse