NATION

PASSWORD

Guns of Our Forefathers (1700s, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadyrya
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:41 am

Let me reserve the UK.
Shad :)

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
Yay. How will you treat the Lutherans/Anglicans that our missionaries converted to such?

I'll have them be located in Okinawa, as a minority.
They will be treated like every other citizen in Japan. One of my ideologies is going to be equality, you see.

Okay, sounds good.

Shadyrya wrote:Let me reserve the UK.

Already taken.

...Seriously, do people look at the maps?
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 am

Kryskov wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Shit.

What about the Baltics?

Taken, sorry. Eastern Europe is open, though, in a precarious position between Austria and Russia.

The map finally loaded, so... yeah. It looks like most of the interesting locations have already been taken, so I'll pass

(Unless if the player in France would be willing to lose its colony)
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 am

I looked at reserved land. Where all reserved/taken land should be. -_-

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:50 am

I'll take the remnants of Australia, then.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:50 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The map finally loaded, so... yeah. It looks like most of the interesting locations have already been taken, so I'll pass

Which one?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:53 am

My thoughts on Madras, Calt:

When the Mughals invaded the southern Indian states in 1698, most fell like dominos. However, when the Imperial Armies invaded Ceylon they encountered heavy resistance, and after taking about half of the island the campaign became one of attrition. The enterprising British saw this as an opportunity, and promptly the BEIC and your lad sailed together with a Mughal fleet to the south end of the island, where they landed many soldiers. The inhabitants of Ceylon, now fighting on two fronts, shortly collapsed, and were annexed in to the Mughal Empire. The Emperor, impressed by British fighting prowess and their decision to side with him instead of their enemies, allowed them a 99-year lease on the port city of Madras, and stipulated that any goods that entered the Mughal Empire via Madras were not to be taxed according to normal tariff laws.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:56 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Taken, sorry. Eastern Europe is open, though, in a precarious position between Austria and Russia.

The map finally loaded, so... yeah. It looks like most of the interesting locations have already been taken, so I'll pass

Chima, Persia, Incan area, Turkey, Stans area.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:57 am

Nation Name: New Aegyptus
Capital City: Alexandria
Claimed Territory: (preferably a map or specific territory) http://i.imgur.com/PuDrDnC.png
Population: 18,000,000
National Flag: (put in spoiler)

Head of State: Emperor Mohammed Houssad
Head of Government: (if applicable) Emperor Mohammed Houssad
Government Type: Theocratic Empire
National Ideologies: (Free Trade? Democracy? Slavophilia? etc.) Free Trade, Islam, Imperialism, Afro/Egyptian-Centrism, Anti-Arabic
History: (put in spoiler)
Aegypt was first founded after the collapse of the Roman Empire, from where Aegypt got its current name. It existed as a small city-state around the Nile, with Alexandria as its capital. The country was annexed by the Byzantine Empire, which rebuilt the country and nearly restored it to its former glory. The Byzantian rule over Aegypt was short-lived, as Arabs from the Islamic Empire invaded and conquered Aegypt and much of the surrounding North-African territory. The Arabs brought in Islam, out-placing indigenous beliefs. In this particular society, the Arabs were highly favored over the ethnic Aegyptians, who were put on a lower caste-level.

In the 15th century, the Aegyptians were able to push out the Arabic invaders, securing the nation of Aegypt. For a while Aegypt existed in relative peace, until 1502 when Turkey invaded once again. Economically weak, Aegypt lacked the strength to fight back and was conquered. Only when the year 1642 came around when the nation gained its independence. It fought back against the fading Turkish empire, and on May 12 1646, The Empire of New Aegyptus was founded. The new Islamic empire was staunchly anti-Arab, and they were expelled from the Aegyptian borders. The Emperor, ordained by God, began the process of revitalizing Aegypt. The borders of the Empire expanded further down into Africa, annexing their Nubian and Libyan neighbors into one Aegpytian Identity.

Today, the Empire of New Aegyptus stands as a strong Islamic force in the Middle East and North Africa. The Aegpytians do not favor the Imperialist Western Europeans, hoping to curb away from their power. The Emperor of Aegyptus currently has plans to expand further into Africa and Asia to bring more lands and peoples under the Holy Empire.

429- do not remove, or else your app won't be accepted

EDIT: Updated the History
Last edited by Lingang on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The map finally loaded, so... yeah. It looks like most of the interesting locations have already been taken, so I'll pass

China would be a poor life choice.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:06 am

Kryskov wrote:

Which one?

The American colony. This is the land that I was thinking about taking from the French player
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:

I'm not a fan of/I don't know the history well enough of those areas. Plus, I enjoy playing as Northern European countries or Ex-European colonies, where I at least know what is far fetched and what isn't.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:My thoughts on Madras, Calt:

When the Mughals invaded the southern Indian states in 1698, most fell like dominos. However, when the Imperial Armies invaded Ceylon they encountered heavy resistance, and after taking about half of the island the campaign became one of attrition. The enterprising British saw this as an opportunity, and promptly the BEIC and your lad sailed together with a Mughal fleet to the south end of the island, where they landed many soldiers. The inhabitants of Ceylon, now fighting on two fronts, shortly collapsed, and were annexed in to the Mughal Empire. The Emperor, impressed by British fighting prowess and their decision to side with him instead of their enemies, allowed them a 99-year lease on the port city of Madras, and stipulated that any goods that entered the Mughal Empire via Madras were not to be taxed according to normal tariff laws.

Hmm. Can we have semi-exclusive trading rights in the Mughal Empire?

Shadyrya wrote:I'll take the remnants of Australia, then.

Can you not? It doesn't exactly make sense... like at all. I was planning to colonize it; it would have been in my original claims but it wasn't colonized for time after now, so I left it.
Last edited by Caltarania on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Which one?

The American colony. This is the land that I was thinking about taking from the French player
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Chima, Persia, Incan area, Turkey, Stans area.

I'm not a fan of/I don't know the history well enough of those areas. Plus, I enjoy playing as Northern European countries or Ex-European colonies, where I at least know what is far fetched and what isn't.

You are talking to the French player.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:I'm not a fan of/I don't know the history well enough of those areas. Plus, I enjoy playing as Northern European countries or Ex-European colonies, where I at least know what is far fetched and what isn't.

Poland? You'd be just a province or two away from the Baltic.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:09 am

So, almost all of the French colonies in the world?

Perhaps you should establish a Cascadian Republic.

Caltarania wrote:Hmm. Can we have semi-exclusive trading rights in the Mughal Empire?

What do you define as semi-exclusive? No tariffs would give a large leg up to your traders, only limited by how many goods you can unload in Madras.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:10 am

Would a resurgent Roman Empire be possible, or a Catholic Theocracy based in Italy ?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Caltarania wrote:Hmm. Can we have semi-exclusive trading rights in the Mughal Empire?

What do you define as semi-exclusive? No tariffs would give a large leg up to your traders, only limited by how many goods you can unload in Madras.

Yep, no tariffs is exactly what I meant.

Also, how would a Cascadian Republic even work? The indigenous tribes aren't very numerous. Plus I was gonna colonize there goddamnit xD

Prusslandia wrote:Would a resurgent Roman Empire be possible, or a Catholic Theocracy based in Italy ?

Someone has reserved Italy I believe.

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:13 am

Have I been/Who has been accepted?
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:14 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

The ship building peoples of Espana would love to trade with you for....I want to say spices. Do you have spices?

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 am

Prusslandia wrote:Would a resurgent Roman Empire be possible, or a Catholic Theocracy based in Italy ?

Italy is reserved right now, but there's always a resurgent Byzantium.

@Neo: Actually, if you don't want Poland, I can give you some land west of the Mississippi that I can say I've colonized.

Lingang wrote:Have I been/Who has been accepted?

I think so. Are you Egypt?

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 am

Kryskov wrote:

@Neo: Actually, if you don't want Poland, I can give you some land west of the Mississippi that I can say I've colonized.

Hmmm. Would be interesting.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 am

Kryskov wrote:

I believe Paketo reserved Greece.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:18 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:The ship building peoples of Espana would love to trade with you for....I want to say spices. Do you have spices?

But of course.

Caltarania wrote:Yep, no tariffs is exactly what I meant.

Ah, that's what I said would apply to trade goods that pass through Madras.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:19 am

Kryskov wrote:

I'll think about Poland. I'm conflicted between a destabilized Ex-Colony that will likely be a punching bag for empires or a vast Empire which will also likely be a punching bag by Prussia and Russia. I'll think about it and will get back to you in an hour or so. Also, sorry, I didn't realize that you were the French player :oops:
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Kryskov