NATION

PASSWORD

The End; IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Economa Incorporated
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Economa Incorporated » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:13 am

"If I could get you in my truck in your armor, with your kit, after climbing up then rappelling town a hundred-foot tower, I think I can fireman's carry you out to the truck." He grins. "Now, this is going to hurt." Zander grabs one of the cotton-covered pillows, and strips it of it's covering. After wrapping the shiny pillow around Lyra's wounded calf, he duct taped the padding in place. "That should soften the worse of the jostling, even if it looks a little silly. I'll be right back." He opens up the heavy wooden door, bracing it with the nearby chock, and subsequently opens the passenger door of his truck as well. Returning to the building, Zander scoops up Lyra's sleek frame with an arm under her thighs and another under her lower back, maneuvering as carefully as he can so as not to whack her leg on anything or let it swing to much. He places her as gently as possible in the truck seat, and reclines it back as far as it goes. "Try to get some more sleep, if you can. I don't dare give you any kind of sedative, so this isn't going to be any easy ride for you. I can give you some more painkillers in a few hours- until then, try to get down some of that water in the center console and..." He opens the glove box and scavenges around a bit. "...I knew I still had a few cliff bars in her somewhere! You need a little food too. I'll also dig out a few vitamins I have in the back - you lost a lot of blood, and I don't have a saline drip or anything so I want you to get some Iron, Vitamin C, and a few other things that help your body recuperate from blood loss. Now I'll be right back, gotta clear out the house." He returns to the cabin, and takes a look around the little place. It served him well, for what little time he spent there. Zander collects the small amounts of non-perishable food and liquids left, packing it into the trunk and putting the pills and gumies for Lyra up front, then returns inside. Next up, he puts his body armor back on, and grabs Lyra's kit, crutches, and the blanket. Back at the truck, he Helps her into the torso section of her armor ("just in case we get shot at"), tosses her kit in the back seat, and wraps her up nice and warm, leaving her hands free. The shotgun and her rifle go in the little holders he's installed on the passenger side of the center console, and his rifle in his door. Ready to go, he does one last thing before leaving. "Right now, they're scouring the western side of this for us and working their way up. When we take off, they'll see our dust anyways. SO let's give them something bigger to see and worry about..." He returns to the bedroom, and lights the bed with a small fire-starter he keeps on him. The house is already going up as he mounts the truck and pulls away, following the path he came in on, north and east towards the eastern end of the blocked Caldecott tunnel. The bumpy road cannot be fun for Lyra, especially at the near-reckless speeds he's forced to go at. Behind him, there's a visible cloud of smoke, and with any luck a fire large enough to block the road. In this day and age, that fire might take out Oakland, and he feels incredibly guilt for starting a forest fire that might take out an entire dead city, but it was necessary for their escape, and he doubts too many people will complain about their homes being destroyed. He passes the little lot where he spent the night, so recently, and yet it feels so long ago. Before he even knew this lass existed, this woman who's life is now likely in his hands, and both of theirs on the line thanks to her enemies - yet for some strange reason, he wouldn't give up on this girl he'd so recently met for a lifetime of safety and comfort. People are weird, you know? His pah is most certainly the long way to Portland. They'll have to go inland to avoid some well-blocked roadways. East until he hits Route 4, take that until it hits 89, take that north until he hits 70, then reconnect to 89, ride that all the way to 95 for a bit, take 140 to 292 to 205, through Burns to 20 to 26,take 36 to find 89 again, take 299 east to 139, which cycles back to 299 and back to 139 before going further north, follow that as it turns into 39, then 140, until they join 97, all the way to 26, then all the way west to Portland - though they should start hitting outposts before Boring, on the other side of Mt. Hood. (OOC: I actually mapped it out on Google, you can follow the path too!) He'd softened it up a little earlier - it's an 18 hours drive if you went straight there at highway speeds. With possible road-clearing (The out-of the-way route necessary to avoid ancient and permanent congestion also added the dangers of fallen trees, washouts, and other natural problems) and the need to scavenge for gas as a few of the smaller towns they'd pass through, it's likely be closer to day on the road....Good thing he slept decently last night. Two consolations was that he already had gone this way, and left some hidden caches of gas and supplies, and that the force chasing them would have to make the same passage, tracking them, with much worse mileage. Still, it would be a tough trip on him, Lyra, and the truck...
Last edited by Economa Incorporated on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I tried so hard, and got so far, but in The End, it doesn't even matter.

TG me for any questions about my nation, mistakes or info inquires in an RP, or whatever else, anytime!

Proud rarity! A sane living resident of Black Mesa Islands! Sus and I, two sides of the same coin, until Chernobyl stops glowing. Cheeki Breeki, Comrade!

Loving member of Madhouse Productions.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:08 am

"Er.. Fredériqué's a woman - It's Jackie-boy's other-half. Y'know, the woman we were talking about?" He chuckles quietly, setting the bike into motion; this time considerably slower than when they were heading out, "As for what I'll do when I find her, I'll probably just check if she needs anything before heading out to the University base, you're welcome to join me if you'd like." The bike goes over a small bump, John jumping slightly, "I always fucking forget about that bump.. Every-time.. These roads sure as hell ain't what they used to be.. Anyways, yeah - Cookies are quite the rarity now-a-days, unless you've got yourself a decent baker in your group.. Which we unfortunately don't - I mean seriously, we can get a fucking drill instructor, a physicist and a fully qualified surgeon, but we can't get a decent baker? It's madness.."

Saestea.

"Alright, well - let me just grab my stuff and we can get going, yeah?" She says, a smile upon her face. Shunting herself up, she grabs her rifle, swinging it over her head, so that the sling hangs diagonally across her body; she also goes about rolling up the map, tucking it into a small satchel which dangles by her hip, right beside her holster which contains a classic HK-USP expert, "Right, let's be off." She slipped by the desk, making her way out the door into the corridor, inhaling deeply before guiding Knox through the maze of corridors once again, eventually exiting the building through a rear maintenance door, out into a smaller court-yard, with a make-shift wall on three sides and a newly built stable in it's center, "You know why we built it in the center? It's so we can take the horses out and do laps around it to keep them on-form between patrols and missions." As she concluded, a couple of riders darted past atop their horses, "Careful while crossing - wouldn't want you getting trampled." The two briskly make their way across the track to the stable itself, where an older man and younger woman could be seen with clipboards; their uniforms exactly the same as Monika's, only they wore large brown hats with it, "So - how they lookin' guys?"

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:57 am

Following Monika closely from behind, Knox was constantly looking around trying to make himself more familiar with the place. He'd gotten lost before, so he wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. They finally got outside through some back exit and came upon the horses. Knox seemed startled by the two riders that had passed by. He yelped in fright and doubled back, but immediately calmed down. He had gotten Monika's warning and kept well away from the track.

He moved much faster as Monika moved over to the two people with the clipboards. He wanted to cling to her, but he was too embarrassed. Watching from a little distance he watched the horses closely. He was afraid to go near them, but he was definitely and evidently fascinated by them.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Economa Incorporated wrote:-snip-

Lyra was getting settled in as the truck speed off from their temporary shelter. She found herself staring out into the passing scenery, idly rubbing her pendent, the truck jumped over a particularly ruff patch of earth. She gasped in sudden pain as she was jostled from her comfortable position, "Man, I seriously fucking hate being shot." She decided to take her mind off the horrible feeling in her leg by speaking to her driving companion, "Have you ever been shot, Zander?" She shifted slightly in place to address him, "I got shot once before, well, a graze really." She tossed her hair off one side of her face and revealed a small scar on her neck, "Got this baby fighting off a band of bandits about a year ago." She fixed her hair upon realizing that Zander was busy watching the deserted road to look, "I swear, Troy had a million scars, and a tits story for each one."
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Economa Incorporated
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Economa Incorporated » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:51 pm

"Yeah, most recently a nice scratch along my ribs and a chip out of my shoulder from a nine mil uzi. In the process of earning the debt we're going to cash, actually. Did you mention Troy already? Sorry, It's been a long pair of days."

TG me for any questions about my nation, mistakes or info inquires in an RP, or whatever else, anytime!

Proud rarity! A sane living resident of Black Mesa Islands! Sus and I, two sides of the same coin, until Chernobyl stops glowing. Cheeki Breeki, Comrade!

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Economa Incorporated wrote:"Yeah, most recently a nice scratch along my ribs and a chip out of my shoulder from a nine mil uzi. In the process of earning the debt we're going to cash, actually. Did you mention Troy already? Sorry, It's been a long pair of days."

The young woman hesitated a second, had she mentioned him? "Uh... I think..." Her eyes turned downcast for a second before darting back up to Zander, "He was... my best friend... The Regiment killed him when they caught up to us in Fresno. They captured him and ordered me to surrender, long story short, I didnt and they slit his throat in front of me."
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante

Economa Incorporated
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Economa Incorporated » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:05 pm

His eyes dart from the road to her strained face, with it's defined angles giving her quite the regally beautifully look, before returning to swerve around a particularly bad pothole.

"I'm.....Sorry, Lyra."

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Economa Incorporated wrote:His eyes dart from the road to her strained face, with it's defined angles giving her quite the regally beautifully look, before returning to swerve around a particularly bad pothole.

"I'm.....Sorry, Lyra."

She cleared her throat and braced against the hard maneuvering, "Its in the past." She said simply. It took nearly an hour for Lyra to work up the courage to start speaking again, and when she did, it was on an entirely different topic, "Do you ever wonder, what all this might have looked like back before everything went to fuck?" She gazed out at the empty highway, cracks and plants ruining much of its once well maintained surface, "I mean, cars as far as the eye could see in each direction. Towns full of non-psychopathic, normal people! It must have been such an amazing sight." She felt her eyes getting heavy, but forced them open and clutched her rifle close for support, "Like, I could always see the skyline of old LA from the QZ, but we were never allowed to go very far out to explore. The old world has always fascinated me."

The Moon States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Laughing Juliet just shrugged "Necessity is the key to invention" Juliet said semi cryptically "Nowadays there's need for medics of all sorts marksmen hips terms handymen, just not bakers." Laughing again Juliet grew a sly smile. "I can make you some sweet biscuits if you can get me flour yeast butter berries of any kind and some sugar I can make you some biscuits. Guess it's my only redeeming feminine feature, knowing how to cook, whether it's meat or biscuits." Juliet looked around at Portland and the skyline and felt how the ghost of the past was trying to live again but it was only a shadow of any former splendor it could have been. Sighing a little she looked to John again and whispered in his ear "You really should get out of here, with me or not, it's not right to live in the ghost of a city that needs to stay dead."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 pm

"Why don't you come a little closer Knox? They don't bite.." Monika comments, looking over her shoulder at him, "You can even give them a stroke if you'd like - they're lovely beasts.." She then returned her attention to her subordinates, continuing on, "Once you two are done grooming the horses and refilling their feed; feel free to take some leave. We've got no more operations planned until tomorrow afternoon. Besides, you've earned the rest; especially with all the work you've been doing."

"Really?" one of them questioned, "Th-thank you Ma'am!" He uttered before returning to his business, the other following suit. Upon concluding her business, Monika made her way up to one of the larger of the horses; it was almost completely brown, only the areas around it's hooves and a thin stripe from it's forehead to it's nostrils being white, "This one's mine. Found her further north in a field. She wasn't in the best of states when I recovered her, but now she's probably the strongest of the lot.. Real work horse."

The Moon States.

"True.. I suppose this community we've established here as been rather lucky. A lot of ex-military folks here to keep us safe, some with medical experience. Here it's all about looking for engineers to help develop new ways of killing people, growing crops, powering the whole place, developing more efficient defenses, etc. We've also, more recently, had a distinct shortage of school teachers - Eventually us old folks won't be around to keep things together and the next generation will need to learn how everything works.. Unfortunately we just don't have the manpower to teach all the kids we've recently started having around.." He chuckles at her comment about cooking, "I wouldn't say that's your only feminine feature.." He looks over his shoulder, giving a sly wink and a smug grin, his face turning slightly more serious as she mentioned leaving, "You know - I often consider leaving.. But so much holds me back; when you've endured as great of hardships as I have with some of these people; you form a bond with them.. One that only death may break. We're a brotherhood, forged in blood. I owe too much to these people to simply abandon them.. If I were to leave, it wouldn't be for good.. I could never bring myself to leave these people forever.. One day it would get the better of me and I'd return.." He stops the bike slowly; the main camp just up ahead. He turns to her, "I'll tell you what - I'll come with you to Los Angeles. By the time we've got there, I'll have had time to think and I can decide if I want to go any further or if it's best for me to turn back.. That is, if you'll have me for the ride." He extends his hand, as if to shake.

Economa Incorporated
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Economa Incorporated » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Mood Setter

"Often. Why do you think I mess with old-world stuff so much? They had so much power, so much comfort....and so little appreciation for it. Nowadays, I'm happy to find a road that's not half gone and half blocked by a fallen tree that I've got to spend a day hacking out of the way. I hear they would have complained if it was a little bumpy. Maybe they weren't psychopathic, but there sure were a lot of greedy, lazy, predatory, and nasty people out there...difference being, there was a bigger bully to stop them, while it picked fights with men across oceans. Then again, we probably would have been the same way without seeing the alternative." He scratches his eyes with one hand, other sweaty palm gripped tight on the wheel. A sigh escapes his throat. "Sure would be nice to see it though, live it for a few days at least. I like parts of this world compared to the tales of old, but keeping one eye behind you and one hand on your gun gets to you after a while."

They were now nearing a series of switchbacks north-west of Silver Peak. IN the old days, this road would have been closed in a few weeks. nowadays, it was barely serviceable in summer. They were lucky that the snow seemed to be holding off this, otherwise they would have been forced to turn back. Though it was cold, bumpy, and more dangerous than other routes, Zander hoped they might lose the IFV up here....so long as they didn't take a risky detour, and skip ahead to where they though the two of them might head, and risk losing them for the chance to gain all the time they'd lost. As they come around the corner, Zander breaks gently and swears violently. "I shouldn't have said anything about fallen trees!" A large pine lay across the road. With the remote location and a splintered trunk evident a few feet into the brush to the left, this was unlikely to be a trap...but not impossible. He rolls down the windows, and their breath becomes visible. To the right, the road fell off down a slope. The years had taken their toll, and perhaps and eighth of the road had already given in to gravity as well. The bright sun shone through the tree cover spottily, creating dancing paterns of light beams in the cool October air.

"Hacking that out of the way could take a week, but with the end right there, I might be able to strap it up tight and get it moving with the truck - the danger being, if it starts to go down the hill, it could take the truck with it. I think....hmm. Wait, If I make sort of a sling instead, it should hold well enough to move it, but release the trunk down and away when it starts to fall, without taking us with it. ...Yes. You okay alone in here for a few while I rig that up?"

The Untied Federation of Russia
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Untied Federation of Russia » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Little Rock,Arkansas

Jason is riding his bike down in the ruin city of Little Rock just six days ago his Girlfriend Lilly started to get sick and he had told her it was just a flu but then she started to get worst and that's not the only bad thing Jason went to go to hunt but he couldn't find any animals he started to get hungry his stomach is getting skinner and skinner everyday if he can't find a food for him and His Girlfriend then both of them will be dead He parked his bike infront of a ruin Building,He got off his bike and went inside the ruin Building.

"Lilly, I'm back!" Jason called out.

Lilly is laying down on a mattress coughing.

"Did you *Cough* find any food?" She asked.

Jason sighs.

"No i wasn't able to find any animals." Jason said.

"Don't *Cough* Worry Maybe you can find some food tomorrow." Lilly said.

"But if i can't find any food then me and you will die." Jason said.

"Just don't worry Jason." Lilly said in a calm voice putting a hand on Jason's Shoulder.

"Maybe." Jason said to himself.

"Get some sleep okay." Lilly said.

Jason nods and goes to his room he laid down on his mattress and fell asleep.
Last edited by The Untied Federation of Russia on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please ignore the Untied in my name it was a typo so please do not mock me about this.

I do not use NS STATS

Puppet nation belonging to Aeritai.

The Moon States
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Smiling Juliet grabbed johns hand and pulled him into a quick hug. "I'll make sure you get to see something that makes you want to keep exploring, and maybe not entirely around the continent if you interest me enough." Juliet said slyly as she let John go from the hug. "And as for the whole teachers and intellectuals being I. Demand its a load of shit, things will need to change in this works, what we need to really do is make sure as humans we don't lose important things, like how to construct what we have, generators, vehicles, engines especially, he'll even some damn guns would be nice to keep the knowledge." Now then, let's keep in going to make some biscuits and gather other supplies, I'd like to bug out before next sunset if I can help it, might head out at night if we can't find everything together and check all my components on my car, might do a diognostics check on Knox's vehicle too." Juliet leaned back on John's vehicle and looked at the sky watching clouds roll by while they headed back to what she presumed would be the barracks. "Hey John, ever think we might eventually see the stars close again, make it to space like an achievement repeated or make it seem easy? Because at the rate that this world is coming to the dark ages in no time at all." Juliet said solemnly while reverting her attention to the growing city population as they headed back to the heart of it all, to the guns and soldiers that kept all of the people here in their little fantasy of a utopia while it still lasted.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 pm

"I look forward to it.." He comments, giving another wink before kicking the bike back into motion, he remained silent until she began speaking about the stars, "One day we'll make it back up there.. Maybe not any day soon; but some day.. Hell, we've survived pandemics, ice ages, several World-Wars and still we made it there the first time; I doubt this time'll be any different.." Finally, the bike pulls into the main hub of the Republic; only to find that a majority of the civilians had been cleared from the courtyard and a small crowd of men in completely black uniforms had gathered, Odal Runes on clear display upon their right shoulders. John immediately halted the bike, turning to Juliet, "Stay here.." He swung his leg over and dismounted, making his way to the front of the crowd where a man; wearing the same uniform as the others, minus the mask stood. His face clearly scarred from previous battles, the most notable scar stretching from just beneath his left eye, curving round to just beneath his ear; still red. "What the hell are you doing here Max? You know how Suzy feels about you and your little crew."

"I do." The man speaks, his voice rough and monotone, "However; it is she who invited me. She's agreed to incorporate my little.. Party.. Into the official security force of the Republic."

"You've got to be kidding me.." John immediately turns, making his way back to Juliet, the man talking as John walks away, "What, no congratulations? I thought we were friends!"

"Get fucked Max!" He replies, pushing the bike along to the garage; the group and their leader making their way into the school, their weapons slung over their shoulders, marching in perfect harmony, the sound of their boots echoing throughout the compound. John turns to Juliet as they leave, "Y'know - after hearing that; I think leaving's probably for the best. Those lil' storm-troopers you saw there, are what I like to call fascists. Their lil' leader, Max being an ex-member of the American Nazi Party before this whole thing happened. He's been campaigning for months for us to march on a farm to the east, it's run by an old couple and their family; place is bursting with supplies that the Republic could use. We've been doing trade with them for a while now and things are going great; but Max there thinks we shouldn't have to pay and that we should march in there, killing any who oppose us and simply taking, as he put it, 'what is rightfully ours.' The man says that we must either be the butcher or the cattle. He also suggests that we begin conscripting people into the security force; initiating curfews, launch propaganda campaigns etc.. He wants to destroy everything this Republic stands for and in it's place, build something like in the history books.. He says that this plague has presented us with an opportunity; an opportunity to build a better America; a stronger America.." He pauses, releasing a sigh, "Worst part about this whole thing is - People are buying it. A month ago, his little gang was only around four strong. Now they're double digits and being incorporated into the security force.. If this keeps up; he'll have everything he needs to usurp power.." As John concluded, a chant could be heard inside, "One Republic! One People! One Leader!" followed by a deafening roar, "Oooraa!"

"Just listen to them.." John shakes his head, leaning the bike against a nearby truck, physically shaking in anger, "I need to find Fredériqué, she might know more about what's gotten into Suzanne, this isn't like her; to cave into the demands of thugs like them.."
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Moon States
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm

"'Lead me follow me or get the hell out of my way', think it was Paton that said that. Can't say I have to disagree with it but just going out by force isn't right at all, I'd have to agree at the very least what he wants as far security but conscription a and curfew are out of hand, especially if you want to keep calling Portland a Republic. That kind of thinking will make you some damn nasty enemies as well as some pretty slimy friends, my Pa always told men I shoot those scumbags if I saw them, any skinhead in general, if they look too comfortable in black BDU's with some weapons steer clear of them or make sure they won't be going anywhere is what he told me." Julie bantered while following John and noticed his fuming expression. "Although if a coup were to take place I could help in my particular.. Skill to make sure that it don't happen. I tend to make better shots when there's some pressure riding in it and its further away." Juliet continued suddenly talkative as she felt more and more comfortable with John. "So once we find Fredéreiqué what do you intend to do? Other than ask her if she's out of her fucking mind of course."

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:18 am

Quite evidently nervous, Knox inched closer to Monika and the horse, unsure if he wanted to touch it or not. Soon, he was close enough to touch one of them, but he wouldn't reach out. It looked like a lovely beast, but the sounds it made weren't so lovely. At least, not to Knox. Getting over his fear, he stretched his arm, shaking, and touched the horse's muzzle. It chirred happily and nuzzled his hand, startled, Knox snatched his hand back and moved away.

He later followed Monika to her own horse, eyeing it carefully. It was large and pretty strong looking. Big enough to trample him. Despite his discomfort, he smiled and tried to touch the horse, but she moved her head. "Sh-she.. She's very nice..." he mumbled, looking at the horse's stripes.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:38 am

"I don't know.. I suppose that's the glory of improvisation.." John comments, quickly making his way inside; looking over his shoulder now and then to make sure Julie was keeping up. Before long, the two arrived at a small office door, deep within the School; two men standing outside in full BDUs, rifles slung over their shoulders, "Captain!" they exclaim, stepping aside; revealing the large red-cross that had been crudely painted on at some point. John shunted the door open, stepping aside to allow Julie in first. Immediately upon entering, there was an odd thickness to the air; small cots lay scattered around the room, almost all of them holding someone. Their injuries varying from severe burns, to gunshot wounds to things as simple as a sprained ankle. A young man in a white lab-coat approaches the duo, "Ah, John - Long time no see. What can I do for you this time?"

"I'm looking for Fredériqué, she still here?" The man pauses, rubbing his goatee, "Ah, yes - She left just a few moments ago with Suzanne, I think they're going to Suzanne's office. I assume you've heard the news then, have you?"

"About our neighbourhood Neo-Nazis?"

"Mhm.. Suzanne's incorporating them into the security forces and creating two new council positions, just for them."

"You're fucking kidding, I thought they were just being incorporated into the Security Force?"

"Nope, Suzanne's expanding the council to twelve and giving the two new seats to the Nazis; she claims it's to prevent internal conflict, but if you ask me - This'll only make things worse. It'll legitimize the Nazis in the eyes of the people and I think we'll see their ranks swell over the next few days.. Anyways, I'll let you get going - I assume you'll want to get to them as soon as possible.."

"Thanks for the info Doc', I appreciate it." John comments, once again exiting the med-bay. He turns to Julie briefly, "The fire rises." he says, continuing along to a nearby stairwell, making his way up. He continues looking over his shoulder now and then to ensure Julie's keeping up. Before they could reach Suzanne's office, two men in the black uniforms stepped out in front of them, "Well, well, well.. If it isn't our ol' pal John-o! Who's the lady friend, bud? She's a real gem.." The two men take up positions either side of the duo, their masks slid up, grins on their faces, "I'm not in the mood for your bullshit right now guys, so I highly recommend you get the fuck out of my way." John grunts, biting his lower lip. "Or what, you gonna attack us like you did last time? Y'know, we're technically brothers in arms now; since we're part of the security force now.." The two grin with glee..

Saestea.

"You're a nervous little fellow, aren't you - Knox?" Monika places a hand gently on his shoulder, simply looking up at her steed, "So, what's your friend and your's plan? You guys going to be staying, or do you guys want to get out of here as quickly as possible? I mean, this kinda life isn't for everyone - I personally love going on long missions with my horse; out in the country, alone with your thoughts, etc. It's a wonderful feeling.."

The Moon States
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 am

Reaching around her back Juliet grabbed her small knife hidden under her jeans. "Better wipe those damn grins of your damn faces or I'll make damn sure you won't be brothers to no one." Juliet said calmy to the Skinheads " And trust me I won't leave anything for you to miss you shits, now move out of the way before you really irritate me." Juliet finished still speaking calmy while her heart was pounding inside her chest and she maintained the point of the knife pointed at the two men

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:27 pm

The two men chuckle sinisterly as Juliet revealed her blade, patting their sidearms, "She's got spirit, I'll give her that John.. We could use a few like her.." The one on the duo's flank slowly makes his way back in front of them as a voice calls out, "Oi, you two! Max wants you on the perimeter, now!"

"Well John, this meeting's been fun, but duty calls.. We'll see you around, eh?" The two chuckle, shoving John's shoulder as they pass; making their way out of sight, "Pricks." John whispers, motioning for Juliet to come as he continued along the corridor. It wasn't long before the duo arrived at another office door; this one with no guards, John knocked gently and soon after, a distinctly foreign voice replied, "Come in!" John gently slid the door open, stepping inside; revealing an older gentleman and two women; the man taking his leave as Juliet and John entered, giving a brief nod of respect to John as he passed. One of the two women, would appear to be familiar; the red head that John had previously pointed out to be the President; Suzanne.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you John.. Now before you say anything; hear me out. I gave Max and his little posse a place in the government and security force because I have devised a plan to finally rid this Republic of him and his swine.. As you know, I've been planning a campaign for months now; a campaign which will give us control of everything from here to Olympia.. I fully intend on having Max and his goons acting as a vanguard; they'll be used in every single major struggle and they'll be at the front for every single advance. When they're tired, we'll shove them harder. Eventually they will shatter and by the time the campaign's over, they'll be either too weak to revolt or too few in numbers to do anything about us." She shoves herself up, staring John down with her glistening green eyes, "Suzanne; that only tackles their military capabilities; which won't matter if they have a position in the council - they'll have political sway and if four or five other councilors defect and back them, they can do whatever the hell they want. And giving them this much authority in and around our hubs is not good; they'll be able to reach a much wider audience and they will only grow stronger - You must go back on this deal. You can't seriously be thinking about letting them keep this much sway; I mean with him in a command position, your plan to have them all killed for the good of the Republic will fail; he'll simply overrule every command and ensure his men succeed; cementing him as a hero in their minds.."

"I understand the risks.. Look, come by my office later; we can discuss it more in private." She leans in, whispering something into John's ear before gently brushing past Juliet and exiting the room, John releasing a sigh as she exits, shaking his head slightly before stepping further into the room. The other woman, Fredériqué could be seen sitting in a large egg-chair in the corner, a large bandages around her center of mass and upper right thigh; despite this, she was still an incredibly attractive woman, her pale skin creating a lovely contrast with her charcoal-black hair and her subtle features proved quite charming. John stepped leaned in, giving her a gentle peck on the cheek, "Sorry about all that Fred, I didn't mean to disturb your rest.."

"It's fine.. I've been feeling a lot better lately anyways.. Who's your friend?"

"Oh, where are my manners - Juliet, meet Fredérique, Fredériqué, meet Juliet."

"It's a pleasure." She comments, extending her hand to shake, wincing slightly in pain.

The Moon States
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:31 pm

"Hiya, lik John said, names Juliet." Juliet said while taking Fred's hand gingerly trying not to cause any discomfort to her. "And president or not, that that redhead's plan is is about a full suit short of a deck. With power hungry bastards that want to fight the only solution is a bullet with extreme prejudice. And John I don't know how much you respect that woman or not but I strongly suggest to take this into your hands if he's as big a threat as you think he is and can be, but that might just be my habits from the farm of shooting first and questioning later." Juliet said while looking at John and Fredéreiqué "Same goes to you miss, never regret doing what you think is right, some asshole rapists rotting in towns I've passed through know that." Juliet finished with a huff as she took the liberty of flopping into one of the vacant chairs. "So Fredériqué wanna go on a roadtrip?" Juliet asked with a smile.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:44 pm

"Always." Fredériqué responds to Juliet's advice on doing what's right, "Now, what's this about a road-trip?" She questions, her glance drifting towards John suspiciously, John immediately shooting the comment down, "Er.. We're just going to the other camp is all.." He glances to Juliet shaking his head very slightly as if to tell her not to bring it up in front of Fredériqué, "Nothin' major, just a routine check-up on the other campus, like I said.."

Clearly not convinced, she squints at John, shaking her head, "Mhm.. I'm sure. I hope you're not getting yourself into any trouble now John.. I've got enough on my plate with Jack and Suzanne uh.. What's the word.. Yelling at one another.." She smiles subtly, turning to Juliet, "I don't think I have ever seen.. Uh.. Yourself in camp before, are you new to camp? I hope this whole.. Situation with the.. Er, what's the word.."

"-Fascists." John interrupts.

"Ah, yes - Fascists.. Hasn't put you off and I hope John has been taking care of you.." She glances over at him grinning.

The Moon States
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

"I think the first word you were lookin for was bickering or quarreling" Jukiet said looked g at John with a very slight shrug of the shoulders and continued, "And as for the road trip Suzanne asked me to give the very edge of territory a look with John here to give my advice on how to make it stand out and have it protected. She wanted an outside opinion for it and especially one that's had to deal with protecting a few thousand acres of farmland." Juliet covered for John and his own weak excuse. "The thing is we are going to be heading towards the other campus to check supplies and local fortifications first." Juliet finished letting a small sigh out. Shuffling in the seat Juliet stood back up and sat on the desk instead smoothing out her jeans and wiping off dust from them. "So Fredéreiqué where are you from originally, I'm pretty sure that accent has nothing to do with my asking either." Juliet joked sarcasticly and waited for her reply.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:21 am

Knox only sighed. He was nervous... About everything... Unless he warmed up to you, that is. Right now, he wasn't yet comfortable with the horse. She was big, and definitely capable of hurting him, even if unintentionally. To Monika's question, he sighed and shrugged as well. "I-I'm not sure... Juliet, I think she wants to leave. Head South, I heard... I want to stay, you know, take a break... But I can't decide." he admitted, turning slightly red. He could keep driving around in his Grandis looking for the creeps who ruined his family, or stay here, learn a few new things.. Even some stuff his parents didn't have a chance to teach him.

Now Knox looked deep in thought, only now and then adjusting his glasses. He was having trouble making a decision. It had come up earlier, but the fear moved it from his train of thought. Here it was again. No he had to do something.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Economa Incorporated wrote:Mood Setter

"Often. Why do you think I mess with old-world stuff so much? They had so much power, so much comfort....and so little appreciation for it. Nowadays, I'm happy to find a road that's not half gone and half blocked by a fallen tree that I've got to spend a day hacking out of the way. I hear they would have complained if it was a little bumpy. Maybe they weren't psychopathic, but there sure were a lot of greedy, lazy, predatory, and nasty people out there...difference being, there was a bigger bully to stop them, while it picked fights with men across oceans. Then again, we probably would have been the same way without seeing the alternative." He scratches his eyes with one hand, other sweaty palm gripped tight on the wheel. A sigh escapes his throat. "Sure would be nice to see it though, live it for a few days at least. I like parts of this world compared to the tales of old, but keeping one eye behind you and one hand on your gun gets to you after a while."

They were now nearing a series of switchbacks north-west of Silver Peak. IN the old days, this road would have been closed in a few weeks. nowadays, it was barely serviceable in summer. They were lucky that the snow seemed to be holding off this, otherwise they would have been forced to turn back. Though it was cold, bumpy, and more dangerous than other routes, Zander hoped they might lose the IFV up here....so long as they didn't take a risky detour, and skip ahead to where they though the two of them might head, and risk losing them for the chance to gain all the time they'd lost. As they come around the corner, Zander breaks gently and swears violently. "I shouldn't have said anything about fallen trees!" A large pine lay across the road. With the remote location and a splintered trunk evident a few feet into the brush to the left, this was unlikely to be a trap...but not impossible. He rolls down the windows, and their breath becomes visible. To the right, the road fell off down a slope. The years had taken their toll, and perhaps and eighth of the road had already given in to gravity as well. The bright sun shone through the tree cover spottily, creating dancing paterns of light beams in the cool October air.

"Hacking that out of the way could take a week, but with the end right there, I might be able to strap it up tight and get it moving with the truck - the danger being, if it starts to go down the hill, it could take the truck with it. I think....hmm. Wait, If I make sort of a sling instead, it should hold well enough to move it, but release the trunk down and away when it starts to fall, without taking us with it. ...Yes. You okay alone in here for a few while I rig that up?"

Lyra shot Zander a glare, "Yeah, I've been wounded, that doesn't mean that I'm completely fuckin' inept. Go on and play with your wood," she gave him a wink, "I got your back man, no need to fear, expert marksmen Lyra is here." she proped herself up a little higher and stuck the end of her rifle out of the window, giving a thumbs up to the fretting Zander.

Conglomerate of Iron
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Conglomerate of Iron » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Fantrum wrote:
Economa Incorporated wrote:Mood Setter

Lyra shot Zander a glare, "Yeah, I've been wounded, that doesn't mean that I'm completely fuckin' inept. Go on and play with your wood," she gave him a wink, "I got your back man, no need to fear, expert marksmen Lyra is here." she proped herself up a little higher and stuck the end of her rifle out of the window, giving a thumbs up to the fretting Zander.

Jericho had been wandering, thinking, and drinking. Although not the biggest fan of alcohol, he liked good wine, and had found a bottle in a little cellar that was mostly ransacked.

As he walked down the road he saw the people in the distance. They appeared to be doing something. As he gazed at them, apprehension rose inside of him. Would he.... control himself?

He felt a quiet feeling of confidence enter him. He.... he would find some friends for once. He had been getting better. He could not be alone all his life.

He began to call out, only for his voice to break. He cleared his throat once more, and called out to them, "Hello? I could help...."
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Pro: Liberty, Anti-Statism, Anarcho-Capitalism, Minarchy, Libertarianism, Capitalism, etc.
Neutral: Anarcho-Communism, Syndicalism, Democracy.
Con: Communism, Socialism, Statism, Fascism, Crony Capitalism, Corporatism, Consumerism.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse