NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Goodnight, guys.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Ah, language classes....

I barely learned any Spanish. Gave up. The class was pretty easy, anyway. On the big test at the end of the year, me and my buddies just watched Breaking Bad on a laptop for the first hour, then aced the test.

Well, I passed because I kick ass at history, or Mexican history was easy.

Too bad Spanish is the only foreign language class, and it's required for 4-year colleges around here. Screw that. I like the language, but I don't want to have to learn it.

I always wanted to learn French...French, and Greek...

I was terrible at Spanish class. I think I came out knowing less Spanish than when I went in. I was also somewhat under the threat that if I didn't learn it from a class, my Puerto Rican immigrant grandmother would try to teach me herself, and I love her but god knows that would have been hell.

Night Bran.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:01 pm

"om nom nom" is a powerful weapon. I'm totally abusing this :lol:

need to get to my post, sorry for the delay Swith & Tilt.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:13 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I'm still even confused on what Copycat is even about, even after reading the app for it.

:oops:

Er... Did you click the trope link? Basically, on the IC level so to speak, Nick's trying to better understand his powers and himself. On the OOC level, it's a thorough exploration of said trope, both in general and as specific to Nick. For instance, the placebo effect could kick in with any instance of the trope (very general), but the issue with anatomy requires anatomy not typical of humans (more specific, still covers a lot), and both the issue with less available skin and the possibility of actually affecting the user's brain require a touch-based power; combined with the fact that said "stance" is typically used for some rather specific power types, many of which are typically largely represented asnon-touch based (hence tele-) those issues are also quite specific, to the point of possibly being near-unique.

In all honesty, however: It's fine if you're confused; should you one way or another end up joining, it won't matter, and I think you'll figure it out regardless. It's fine if even your character is confused. It's fine and funny if they in their ignorance give horrid advice. After all, since when is all advice good? ;)

(Come to think of it, speaking of such poses, I think a certain cat might need to watch Star Trek. Assuming, of course, that it's actually fictional within Bielefield... Which naturally *cough*Mezran*cough* would open a whole 'nother can of worms.)

@Torii and come to think of it any other interested party: You now, if you've glanced at the convo w/Swith, know a bit of French, but if you're interested in learning more, I have some elementary schoolers to teach next fall and could use the practice. WARNING: I may test parts of some lesson plans appropriate to your level on you, which may make you feel a bit like an elementary schooler.

@Gio: Nice example of this trope.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:(Come to think of it, speaking of such poses, I think a certain cat might need to watch Star Trek. Assuming, of course, that it's actually fictional within Bielefield... Which naturally *cough*Mezran*cough* would open a whole 'nother can of worms.)

:lol: How dare those actors think to portray a real Klingon!!!

He'd have a heart attack.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Last char from me for PL. I swear it -scouts honor- :P

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Min

Character Name: Hunter Evans (actual name, Teero Anjar)

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Nevidian

Character Physical Description: 5’11, 165lbs, brown hair, deep blue eyes

URL to Character Picture, if any: Altered appearance

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes: Exceptional eyesight in the dark (1). Hunter is human, though he and his kind have lived underground since the time of the Romans; most Nevidians have almost white skin, platinum blonde to white hair and deep blue eyes (completely blue). To blend in more, Hunter went through a painful procedure; therefore he looks more human than Nevidian.

Character Unique Skills: Former bartender, it’s still his specialty. He’s also a former resistance fighter, abled close to mid-range combatant (2 or 3 points here), preference in small arms and rifles.

Character Powers: N/A

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Oversensitivity to bright light, can easily be blinded due to his physiological makeup that adapts him easier to darker areas. Mortal, with all the frailties that comes with it.

Character Background/Biography: Hunter Evans was original born as Teero Anjar, living underground among Nevidians, a race and culture that knew only peace. He never knew of the surface world first hand, only through stories that dated back from the time of the Romans. When the Nevidians faced widespread famine, most were forced to look to the surface for aid. Hunter was one of them and he quickly learned how cruel the surface world could be. It didn’t stop him from trying, as Nevidians all but abandoned their homes in search of a better life (even if it meant being treated like slaves or 2nd class citizens). Hunter, having being persecuted for his ghost like skin and completely blue eyes, worked desperately to save enough money to physically alter himself to look more human. He abandoned his customs for human traditions, shed his identity as Teero in favor of Hunter and immersed himself into the masses like a chameleon to its environment. It worked for some time; he got a job as a bartender, all but ran the place in the owner’s stead three years running. He kept to himself mostly, making very few friends, careful not to delve too deep lest his true origins showed. Not all humans were happy with the immigrants that surfaced and the city he lived in cut itself off from the outside world in attempt to contain their new residents. City politics took a turn for the worse when the majority sought to ‘cleanse’ the city of Nevidians. Human sympathizers were also cut down. Hunter was forced to join the resistance against their new oppressors and learned despite his distaste for violence to survive. He’s not proud of what he’s done, though he accepts the circumstances he was placed in. When the violence subsided and the resistance won, Hunter took off for a new life, in search of self and home. He’s a bit hesitant toward other humans, but Hunter holds out in optimism despite everything that’s happened.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Bartender (if there’s a call for one).

URL to Apartment Picture:Loft

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: A former bartender and resistance fighter, Hunter is searching for a new purpose in life.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:(Come to think of it, speaking of such poses, I think a certain cat might need to watch Star Trek. Assuming, of course, that it's actually fictional within Bielefield... Which naturally *cough*Mezran*cough* would open a whole 'nother can of worms.)

I had Torii refer to Mez as a "Sci-fi Guy" once, before FOB...

It would be funny to have Star Trek in PL. I also remember Tilt/Char!Dora references NS in it before.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:

I had Torii refer to Mez as a "Sci-fi Guy" once, before FOB...

It would be funny to have Star Trek in PL. I also remember Tilt/Char!Dora references NS in it before.

I remember reading that, the reference I mean.

I might do another story, depends. I'm still debating on what it would be about. Tribblequest kinda took the cake for awesome cuddly-napping

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Well, goodnight, everyone. But, before I go...

My life in a nutshell.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Transgravitas Directorate
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:05 am

Swith Witherward wrote:*hangs head* I know... my spelling is atrocious. It's the dyslexia. If the text entry box doesn't provide red wiggly lines, I don't realize I've screwed up.

:hug:

That's what I'm here for!
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:
Divair wrote:Stormfront seems to leak repeatedly into here. Are we getting targeted or something?

They want our Adelie penguins...

The Drone Empire wrote:*Robo-Adelie Penguin lands on Bran*

"WAAAAAAAAGH! ROBO ADELIE IS YOUR RULER! CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY!" *Robo-Adelie waddles toward NVE*

Armenia II wrote:I searched 'Indonesian Prime Minister' and nothing came up, what's wrong with you guys?
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=13013646#p13013646

'I'm not just hard. I'm NP-hard, baby.'

That I never be arrogant; but if I should have that flaw, let it be the arrogance of collective guilt.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:

*laughs* That he would!

Torsiedelle wrote:I had Torii refer to Mez as a "Sci-fi Guy" once, before FOB...

I remember that, but I don't remember where >.>

Mincaldenteans wrote:"om nom nom" is a powerful weapon. I'm totally abusing this :lol:

need to get to my post, sorry for the delay Swith & Tilt.

No worries. Dare I ask?
Last edited by Transgravitas Directorate on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:
Divair wrote:Stormfront seems to leak repeatedly into here. Are we getting targeted or something?

"WAAAAAAAAGH! ROBO ADELIE IS YOUR RULER! CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY!" *Robo-Adelie waddles toward NVE*

Armenia II wrote:I searched 'Indonesian Prime Minister' and nothing came up, what's wrong with you guys?

That I never be arrogant; but if I should have that flaw, let it be the arrogance of collective guilt.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:14 am

You'd think it'd be easy to find pictures of dark-haired, glasses-wearing men who are not Justin Timberlake, Matt Bomer or Johnny Depp. You'd be wrong.

You also find people who are neither men nor glasses-wearing.

*sigh*
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:15 am

Meanwhile in TF2

This reminds me of PL-style wackiness.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:15 am

@TNEL: If Sherril is pretty observant, she might notice a few claw (and, if lidded container, tooth) marks on the containers/bags for the turkey and cheese*, courtesy of Nick, who enjoys said foodstuffs and hence frequently pulls out a slice. In a zippered bag, this comes in the form of a few small holes on either side from his claws (the same holes will be reused); a container lid may have bite marks, or (very short, around 1 cm) fur under a corner from being nosed upwards should a corner protrude enough for that to work. Spiced (ie pepper, Cajun, sun dried tomato, or pepper jack) foodstuffs will not bear such markings if a plain variety is available (if not clearly marked as such, they may have faint markings), although smoked varieties will.

*(Same goes for roast beef if any is present.)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 am

Fuck you, thunderstorms.

Knocked out our power lines in the backyard, and woke me up with a freaking tornado warning at 8 AM

Can only post from phone now.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 am

I was wrong, humidity isn't in the 60s. It's currently 71% and tomorrow's range is 75-95%. Yay!
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 am

Transgravitas Directorate wrote:You'd think it'd be easy to find pictures of dark-haired, glasses-wearing men who are not Justin Timberlake, Matt Bomer or Johnny Depp. You'd be wrong.

*sigh*

Any luck?

Edit: good Lord if they're gonna photoshop actors with glasses at least make it so said glasses compliments them. Some of these are just bizarre. Just... eh.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:45 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Transgravitas Directorate wrote:You'd think it'd be easy to find pictures of dark-haired, glasses-wearing men who are not Justin Timberlake, Matt Bomer or Johnny Depp. You'd be wrong.

*sigh*

Any luck?

Edit: good Lord if they're gonna photoshop actors with glasses at least make it so said glasses compliments them. Some of these are just bizarre. Just... eh.

:rofl:

Nope. It was easier to find pictures of women. I wonder why, Internet.
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:50 am

Transgravitas Directorate wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:
Any luck?

I resorted to Tumblr and Pintrest :lol: some are good, many are meh

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:

Me, too! Yeah, I agree. I can't count the number of blonde bikini models I had to scroll past before I found a halfway decent (in at least two senses of the word) picture.
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:00 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:

Me, too! Yeah, I agree. I can't count the number of blonde bikini models I had to scroll past before I found a halfway decent (in at least two senses of the word) picture.

:lol: There is Colton Haynes. Actually wears glasses but the few of him aren't that good or selfies. I hate that word.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:05 am

Mincaldenteans wrote::lol: There is Colton Haynes. Actually wears glasses but the few of him aren't that good or selfies. I hate that word.

Hrm! Thanks. :p

Let us pray it never enters the dictionary.

Goodnight PL. *yawns* Early night for me. Shocker, I know. :p
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:07 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Last char from me for PL. I swear it -scouts honor- :P

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Min

Character Name: Hunter Evans (actual name, Teero Anjar)

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Nevidian

Character Physical Description: 5’11, 165lbs, brown hair, deep blue eyes

URL to Character Picture, if any: Altered appearance

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes: Exceptional eyesight in the dark (1). Hunter is human, though he and his kind have lived underground since the time of the Romans; most Nevidians have almost white skin, platinum blonde to white hair and deep blue eyes (completely blue). To blend in more, Hunter went through a painful procedure; therefore he looks more human than Nevidian.

Character Unique Skills: Former bartender, it’s still his specialty. He’s also a former resistance fighter, abled close to mid-range combatant (2 or 3 points here), preference in small arms and rifles.

Character Powers: N/A

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Oversensitivity to bright light, can easily be blinded due to his physiological makeup that adapts him easier to darker areas. Mortal, with all the frailties that comes with it.

Character Background/Biography: Hunter Evans was original born as Teero Anjar, living underground among Nevidians, a race and culture that knew only peace. He never knew of the surface world first hand, only through stories that dated back from the time of the Romans. When the Nevidians faced widespread famine, most were forced to look to the surface for aid. Hunter was one of them and he quickly learned how cruel the surface world could be. It didn’t stop him from trying, as Nevidians all but abandoned their homes in search of a better life (even if it meant being treated like slaves or 2nd class citizens). Hunter, having being persecuted for his ghost like skin and completely blue eyes, worked desperately to save enough money to physically alter himself to look more human. He abandoned his customs for human traditions, shed his identity as Teero in favor of Hunter and immersed himself into the masses like a chameleon to its environment. It worked for some time; he got a job as a bartender, all but ran the place in the owner’s stead three years running. He kept to himself mostly, making very few friends, careful not to delve too deep lest his true origins showed. Not all humans were happy with the immigrants that surfaced and the city he lived in cut itself off from the outside world in attempt to contain their new residents. City politics took a turn for the worse when the majority sought to ‘cleanse’ the city of Nevidians. Human sympathizers were also cut down. Hunter was forced to join the resistance against their new oppressors and learned despite his distaste for violence to survive. He’s not proud of what he’s done, though he accepts the circumstances he was placed in. When the violence subsided and the resistance won, Hunter took off for a new life, in search of self and home. He’s a bit hesitant toward other humans, but Hunter holds out in optimism despite everything that’s happened.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Bartender (if there’s a call for one).

URL to Apartment Picture:Loft

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: A former bartender and resistance fighter, Hunter is searching for a new purpose in life.

*questioning look to Swith*
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:11 am

Mincaldenteans wrote::lol: There is Colton Haynes. Actually wears glasses but the few of him aren't that good or selfies. I hate that word.

Night! :hug:

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transgravitas Directorate » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:

Night! :hug:

:hug:
-OSS MEMBER-
Camicon wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse