NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Cerillium wrote:The downside.

"Imma demon!"

Main: Mastery of elements
Main: Dimensional travel

Secondary: soul harvesting
Secondary: mind dominance

Background: cursed by God, immune to death
Background: Imma demon so I'm impervious to bullets
Background: Imma demon so I hide in shadows and eat people
Background: Imma demon so I can't be affected by other magic

Bio: Imma demon!

That, sir, is a typical asshat application. I deny it. The player whines. I explain why it's "too much". The player revises it but it still is omnipotent. I deny it. We go rounds. Now I'm "unfair".

Heh, thank god you didn't run the Wombat in early 2012. Everyone was a freaking demon.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Cerillium wrote:The downside.

"Imma demon!"

Main: Mastery of elements
Main: Dimensional travel

Secondary: soul harvesting
Secondary: mind dominance

Background: cursed by God, immune to death
Background: Imma demon so I'm impervious to bullets
Background: Imma demon so I hide in shadows and eat people
Background: Imma demon so I can't be affected by other magic

Bio: Imma demon!

That, sir, is a typical asshat application. I deny it. The player whines. I explain why it's "too much". The player revises it but it still is omnipotent. I deny it. We go rounds. Now I'm "unfair".

If they don't like it that's their problem. there's nothing wrong with telling them no. I once had a guy try to make a demi-god in my purely sci fi rp. I told him no, he didn't like it and called me condescending. I ignored him and he left. basically, if they don't like the rules, they don't have to join
Times are looking grim these days~

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Cerillium wrote:I'd prefer if secondary and background tied in to main in some fashion.

The BranRiech wrote:Well yeah, that sounds better!

Main skill: Pilot
Secondary skill: Veterinarian.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense.

Picking up one of the computer science books from the stack on my desk and checking out the author's bio:

(Name) is a Department of Defense expert on information security

-> Main skill

and a US Army paratrooper.

-> Secondary to main (?) skill

It could happen...but I think for the sake of making things simpler, we shouldn't encourage exceptions. Maybe only for experienced RPers, the same way we do now if people want to play villains?
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Mortal App (to include cyborgs, Ponies, and other being)
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

SKILLS
Main:
Main:

Secondary:
Secondary:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Weapon of Choice:

Flaws/Limitations:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Supers App
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

POWERS
Main:

Secondary:
Secondary:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Kryptonite:

Flaws:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Mage App
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

DISCIPLINE (Necromancy/Elementalist/Sphere etc)
Main Sphere:
Minor Sphere:

Describe Main Sphere:
Describe Minor Sphere:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Hindrances:

Flaws:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Thoughts?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Terintania wrote:If they don't like it that's their problem. there's nothing wrong with telling them no. I once had a guy try to make a demi-god in my purely sci fi rp. I told him no, he didn't like it and called me condescending. I ignored him and he left. basically, if they don't like the rules, they don't have to join

Swith would crap kittens. She's a Pokenoob master - gotta larn 'em all.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:59 pm

It looks good. I'm not sure what's meant by sphere, though.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 pm

It looks alright. Would current players need to alter their apps?
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:09 pm

What happens with someone normal-ish possessing a tiny power (like, current level 1?) What about someone with a power but background skills? What I think would make more sense is reducing point values required for skills but keeping the app as is otherwise. Skills and powers balance out, sorta, but typically a level 5 power is going to be a lot more useful than a level five skill.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh well it looks like you guys are making something else.
Looks good.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Oh well it looks like you guys are making something else.
Looks good.

I think it's still open to suggestions, Primster.
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Well how about something like this for character creation.
http://www.basicrps.com/core/

Then each player has a number of skill points based on their INT that are distributed between 3 main skills and 6 secondary skills.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

SKILLS
Main:
Main:

Secondary:
Secondary:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Weapon of Choice:

Flaws/Limitations:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Supers App
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

POWERS
Main:

Secondary:
Secondary:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Kryptonite:

Flaws:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Mage App
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

Main Sphere:
Minor Sphere:

Describe Main Sphere:
Describe Minor Sphere:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Hindrances:

Flaws:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Thoughts?

What about someone with both powers, and notable skills?
Times are looking grim these days~

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:01 pm

So far this is what I have.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6PMT39 ... NveTQ/edit

Im planning on adding an explanation on powers but I think that they should be limited and simple in nature.
Im planning on making a system where skill points can be traded for characteristic points and where people can choose their characteristics to more accurately reflect their characters.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Are powers and skills being lumped together?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:So far this is what I have.

Im planning on adding an explanation on powers but I think that they should be limited and simple in nature.
Im planning on making a system where skill points can be traded for characteristic points and where people can choose their characteristics to more accurately reflect their characters.

That might be a little too complex.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:24 pm

It looks very good but some players are terrified of math. The question would also be how to transfer that into a template for forum use. We'd need a Tilt table.

I've rifled through old threads. The only problem we had once we taught combat rounds/rules was one player who refused to be bested. He's gone. Perhaps the best option is "OP seyz no" and to approach character generation from the concept angle rather than the power angle?

Example: Primordial is an ambassador. All his powers and abilities are inconsequential if he's not first and foremost present in the game as an ambassador. Giovenith is discovering herself - a teenager. Her powers and abilities are padding that rounds out her nature as a godling. People come in so focused on their power and what they can do that they forget that RP is also about being .

Reminds me of the time I told Swith to make an app listing Charumati's powers. Obscene. Capable of destroying everything. But the character was in IC sweeping dust off the floor with a broom and washing dishes or something equally mundane.

"Just because a character can do something doesn't mean he should."

ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Ah talk of the point system, just trying to adapt the raptors into the current system is going to be a headache. No denying they are relics of an overpowered age. And I do love throwing them around like ragdolls.
Cerillium wrote:
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

SKILLS
Main:
Main:

Secondary:
Secondary:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Weapon of Choice:

Flaws/Limitations:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Supers App
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

POWERS
Main:

Secondary:
Secondary:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Kryptonite:

Flaws:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Mage App
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Character Concept:
URL to Character Pic:

Main Sphere:
Minor Sphere:

Describe Main Sphere:
Describe Minor Sphere:

Background:
Background:
Background:
Background:

Hindrances:

Flaws:

Bio:

URL to ..... yeah

Thoughts?

Nice apps, easy to understand and limiting.

Nice job, although it needs a reference scale to make it easier to understand what the numbers actually mean in layman's terms.
Pioneer of the Terminal-style Factbook!

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:

It looks very good but some players are terrified of math. The question would also be how to transfer that into a template for forum use. We'd need a Tilt table.

I've rifled through old threads. The only problem we had once we taught combat rounds/rules was one player who refused to be bested. He's gone. Perhaps the best option is "OP seyz no" and to approach character generation from the concept angle rather than the power angle?

Example: Primordial is an ambassador. All his powers and abilities are inconsequential if he's not first and foremost present in the game as an ambassador. Giovenith is discovering herself - a teenager. Her powers and abilities are padding that rounds out her nature as a godling. People come in so focused on their power and what they can do that they forget that RP is also about being .

Reminds me of the time I told Swith to make an app listing Charumati's powers. Obscene. Capable of destroying everything. But the character was in IC sweeping dust off the floor with a broom and washing dishes or something equally mundane.

Albert and Jacob both have super strength, and other abilities, yet both rarely use them and actively hold back to not hurt people by normal interaction(sort of like how superman would when not fighting baddies). They do more normal things than activities that require their powers, and the only time they really use them is when fighting something that's life threatening for their friends and allies, but otherwise they hold back. if they played like basketbal or other sports for example, they would keep at a human level to make it fair.

Just another example using my characters. :p

Also, I like the current system as it makes sense to me mostly. But Cer's new apps are also good.
Last edited by New Aksarben on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Cerillium wrote:

Eh yeah your probably right there.
I like the system you wrote up but I think that the three classes should be merged a little bit more.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Be back in a few.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Take a look at the bottom *How to join* and give me feedback please.

Swith Witherward wrote:
(Image)

EIGHTH OOC ITERATION
══════════════════
YOUR BACKSTAGE PASS

IC PART IX

THE FUNDAMENTALS

(Image)
IC Part I - The Beginning.
IC Part Deux - New Building, Same Nonsense.
IC Part III - Island Living for the Holidays.
ICPart IV - Returned to Building, Oh My Gods!
IC Part V - Five Golden Threads! (aka Oh My God... They're Breeding!)
IC Part VI - The Day the Drones Destroyed the World
IC Part VII - Return to Civilization
IC Part VII.5 – The Soup Thickens.
IC Part VIII - Hello and Goodbye.
Original OOC thread - Locked.
OOC thread Part II - Locked.
OOC Thread Part III - Locked.
OOC Thread Part IV - Locked.
OOC Thread Part V - Locked.
OOC Thread Part VI - Locked.
OOC Thread Part VII - Locked.

PERSONIFICAN LIFE WIKI
GUIDELINES:
  • You can play your characters as either serious or light. We're a mixed group.
  • Got a problem with a player? Take it to that player in TG to resolve it.
  • It's a fast-moving thread. It's okay to ask "where is everyone and what happened while I was gone?" in the OOC thread.
  • Please save earth-shattering adventures until the weekends. Earth-shattering would be any side-story that affects the entire house (blowing up the building, planet-wide invasions, world destruction, etc). Minor stuff (zombie attacks, localized plagues, genderbenders, etc) can be ignored by players who are offline.
  • What kind of character can I play: We have anthros, velociraptors, gods, demons, angels, cyborgs, robots, magic users and mystical beings, warriors/soldiers/super soldiers, average mortals, A.I.s, thieves, spies, emperors, mad scientists, and whatever Bones and his brothers are. Anime seems to be a big theme, followed by offshoots of various pantheons and fiction.
  • Please don't be a God Mode Sue. We have several powerful characters. They've evolved over time. They will kick your ass if you come in like gangbusters and try to dominate the thread. Look through the character tabs in the post below to gain an understanding of everyone's characters.
  • Act out your violent fantasies elsewhere. We keep it PG-13 here.
  • NO gods or godlike beings.

ACTUAL RULES:
  • HAVE FUN!
  • OP is GOD. Co-OP are GODS.
  • NO godmodding.
  • There will be NO structural changes made to the city without full permission of OP and Co-OP.
  • Citizens of Bielefeld are not there to be spindled, mutilated and torn apart. City officials (to include police and military) are OP/Co-OP NPCs.
The most common topic I encounter during my leisurely crawl through other P2TM threads is:
PL doesn't have a plot!

PLOT
PL does have an over-arching plot that has slowly built over time.
It's an undercurrent rather than an overt objective.
Most players unknowingly contribute to it; some players are fully aware of it.

EVENTS
Our RP is best described as "a series of unfortunate events".
Major Event - affects the entire thread.
Minor Event - only affects the characters that are part of that campaign.

OVERARCHING CONCEPT
Daily life, peeps!

Characters go about their life just as people do IRL.
The problem with life is that SHIT HAPPENS!

We can't always predict when shit will happen.
It sometimes happens at the worst possible time.
When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.
When life throws you Eldritch Abominations and evil forces attempt to invade,
Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and go kick some ass.

You, a Resident or Guest of Bielefeld, partake in all that
Bielefeld has to offer. You have it all, man!
You live in a magical Building own by O.C. Demens
(it's rumored that he's a Greater Being)
Where anything and everything can happen.

Bielefeld itself is a magnet for all sorts of things,
None of it necessarily sensible,
And sits at a crossroads for seemingly everything in the known omniverse.
And everything, dear readers, seems to arrive at that Building.
It's Fate, or Kismet
Or just a black hole with an event horizon orbited by hilarity.

FREEDOM!!!
PL allows you to play any genre that's near and dear to your heart.
You breathe life into that genre, finding balance with other genres
already in place.

PL allows you to play whatever your imagination dreams up
(other than godly beings so powerful that serve little purpose
except to masturbate the player's ego.)

PL's longevity is due to the OP and CoOPs allowing people to be creative
While helping them adapt that creativity to fit in
With the world setting. Players create their own
Smaller stories which intertwine with the bigger picture.
The overarching GM is Cerillium. He serves as the IC OP and heads the PLverse.

The OOC OP is Swith Witherward. She is the worldbuilder and serves as Cer's IC CoOP.

Additional IC/OOC CoOPs are Bone Fort, Tiltjuice, and Zarkanians.

Their word is law. They function as RP moderators for this thread. If you have a problem with a player that can't be solved via TG, take it to them. They have the authority to ask any player to leave for just cause.

Current PL RP Mentors: Giovenith. (PL RP Mentor description here)
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

New or inexperienced players are welcomed to join as long as they keep an open mind and desire to improve their skills.

Common sense things for beginners:
We don't use multi-colored or oddly formatted fonts for dialog. We also don't use asterisks to denote action.

P2TM (Portal to the Multiverse) does have Mentors. Please don't hesitate to drop them a telegram if you have questions about RP in general. We're very nice folks: Cerillium, G-Tech Corporation and Nightkill the Emperor, Swith Witherward and Zarkenis Ultima.
PL is a place where new players can learn the basics of RP. The majority of our members are people looking to advance their skills or to learn more about RP in general. We offer RP workshops on our OSF. Veteran players are always welcome as well.

We provide players with a safe haven. We have minors ergo our IC and OOC are kept PG-13.

We are a diverse group comprised of agnostics, atheists, Buddhists, Christians and other faiths. People of all sexual orientations and gender associations are at home here. We have members from all political affiliations and ideologies. We have mixed ethnicity as well as minorities. We respect each other and we respect each person's right to hold their beliefs. We are the family.
We have our own Region (The Apartment Block) and an off-site forum that's dedicated to role-playing. You must be a member of our Region to partake in the off-site forum. Our Region does accept *ACTIVE* puppet nations for that purpose.

JOIN US!
Never fear. You don't need to know hardly any background to join. Seriously. You learn as you go.
We ease your character into the thread from the very first day.
Please don't feel overwhelmed by all the big boxes. Miss Swith is an anal-retentive world builder.
All that crap below is just reference material.

PERSONIFICATION LIFE IS OPEN TO PLAYERS OF ALL LEVELS! COME ON IN, WE DON'T BITE!

HOW TO JOIN

This is a mixed genre RP which allows you to play things that are near and dear to your heart. Other players may currently have characters that are part of your favorite genre... bear that in mind when you apply. Their established canon takes priority. If you sign up and are approved but don't post, your character is dropped from the roster.

Aperture Science, Inc.
    Cthulhu
    Cyborgs (40K themed)
    Cyborgs (Drones, somewhat like Borg)
    The Fae
    Judeo-Christian Pantheon
    MLP:FIM
    Star Wars
    Time Cops (including Chronos and Fate)
    Vampires
    Velociraptors
    Vikings (Norse)
    Warhammer 40K

Gods/Demons run by current players or OPs: Beelzebub, Pride, Envy, Wrath, Loki, the five Chaos gods, Anubis, Satan, Elohim (Christian God), the Fae.
IMPORTANT
PL is not a "superheroes" game. It's not a "gods" game. It's a game about daily life. There needs to be balance because mortal/average characters are just as important as everyone else. Overpowered characters will be denied. Don't be That Guy.

Character Concept
This is what your character does. Examples would be: unemployed assassin, aspiring artist, future merchant. Establish this for your character and then build upon it IC. It gives you an objective. We do NOT need villains. Don't apply to be one. Cer will just kill the character for fun.

Character Unique Skills
Unique skills are what set the character apart from the mundane. Is he a master swordsman? Is she an excellent pilot? Does he speak multiple languages? Is she excellent at diplomacy or negotiations? They're learned skills. An 18 year old won't have much mastery of anything unless you have a damn good backstory to explain it. A thousand year old being has probably forgotten more than most will ever learn.

Character Secondary Skills
These usually support a unique skill. A character who became a pilot through the military would probably have some basic survivalist skill; a pilot in general would have a good grasp on meteorology.

Powers
Some players enjoy playing supernatural things. These are the things that set someone apart from a mundane character. A listing can be found here. A more in-depth guide to what some powers are can be found here.

Pick ONE. Maybe two at the most. This is what your character focuses on. "I'm an elementalist!" Okay, pick one element. You can't master them all. Balance.

Powers come with a risk. It's called Paradox. Abusing power draws paradox in the PLverse so use that power wisely and sparingly. Just because a character can do something doesn't mean he should.

Power Negation
Powered characters have limitations just as Superman has his kryponite. Figure out what negates your character's power or else what weakens him when he uses it.

Flaws
These are the little nuances that everyone has. Fears, doubts, pride, stubbornness. Keep in mind: "loner" and "antisocial" are vanilla. Pick a new trope because those are both overdone.

Background
Your character's background tells us where he's been and alludes to what he hopes to become. Some experienced players prefer to leave this sparse. That's because they're experienced players and can retain continuity. Newer players or those who are unfamiliar with this advanced skill should fill out the background section so they can refer back to it.
APPLICATION

Questions? Ask Cerillium, Swith Witherward, Tiltjuice, or Zarkanians.

This info is used for your character tab on the IC page. Give us URLs to pictures. We don't want the actual picture posted here. Your "Nation nickname" is what you (the player) want your tab to read. It needs to reflect your nation name.

Do NOT change or add anything to the formatting in the application, please. Spoilers aren't necessary.

If you don't have any RP examples from prior games, you will need to write an in-depth bio or provide an example of your creative writing skills. Proofread before you submit.

We reserve the right to deny any application.

Code: Select all
[b]Your NS Nation's Nickname:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Character Concept:[/b]

[b]Character Gender:[/b]

[b]Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc):[/b]

[b]Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):[/b]

[b][u]URL[/u] to Character Picture, if any:[/b]

[b]Character Unique Skills:[/b]

[b]Character Secondary Skills:[/b]

[b]Character Powers (if any):[/b]

[b]Power Negation:[/b]

[b]Character Background:[/b]

[b]Why the character is in Bielefeld:[/b]

[b]URL to Apartment Picture:[/b]

[b]Link to RP examples:[/b] (this MUST be a [u]DIRECT LINK[/u] to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your Character Background good.)

[u]IMPORTANT:[/u]
[b]One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:[/b]

"The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience." - Gary Gygax

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:07 pm

I think one problem with that skill idea, is that older characters like personifications would't be able to have their abilities all explained in it, as they'll have learned and mastered many things over their long lives, wouldn't they have? Same with nigh immortal characters, really.

Just the first thing I noticed. otherwise it looks great.
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Borksmiclen
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Borksmiclen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Mind clarifying "power negation"?
_->>
Controlled by same user as Fvaarniimar
To avoid confusion, please refer to me as "Fvaar" OOC.
Will return:.. may check in with Fvaarniimar occasionally and intending/hoping to post with Borksmiclen early Halloween 15. Other than that, up in the air. TG Fvaarniimar.
Demonym: Bomic. An alternate reality version of this nation is experiencing the zombie apocalypse.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:31 pm

New Aksarben wrote:I think one problem with that skill idea, is that older characters like personifications would't be able to have their abilities all explained in it, as they'll have learned and mastered many things over their long lives, wouldn't they have? Same with nigh immortal characters, really.

Ogoti is ancient. Predates mankind. He's forgotten so much. Knowledge falls into disuse or becomes outdated. Klaus is War. He's mastered every fighting technique and forgotten most because he hardly falls back on them.

More realistically, I can't remember how to diagram a sentence. Knew how to 20 years ago. I hardly speak my native language anymore. I've forgotten words.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:
New Aksarben wrote:I think one problem with that skill idea, is that older characters like personifications would't be able to have their abilities all explained in it, as they'll have learned and mastered many things over their long lives, wouldn't they have? Same with nigh immortal characters, really.

Ogoti is ancient. Predates mankind. He's forgotten so much. Knowledge falls into disuse or becomes outdated. Klaus is War. He's mastered every fighting technique and forgotten most because he hardly falls back on them.

More realistically, I can't remember how to diagram a sentence. Knew how to 20 years ago. I hardly speak my native language anymore. I've forgotten words.

Reminds me of when I returned to India after living in the West.

I grew up speaking Marathi natively, but returning back to hear it was a jolt.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse