NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun May 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Back from work!

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Sun May 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Hello.

So, Marcus is helping Torii up, and Bran is suggesting as well?

I've been playing Europa Universalis II, Byzantium. Been kicking Muslims out of Europe since 1419!

Gaaaaaaah! I want that game SO BAD but I hate time-limited games! >_<
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Took one of the more fair, trustworthy Mary Sue lithmus tests (I don't trust a lot of them, because they often don't take context into consideration--such as piling on points for unusual hair color, even though that may be normal for the genre) for fun. Results:

Giovenith is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Giovenith, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Giovenith is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
She's Got My Nose 11
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 4
I'm Destined For What? 4
Healthy as a Horse 0
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 5
Total: 24

Willow is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Willow, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Willow is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 11
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 6
I'm Destined For What? 10
Healthy as a Horse 0
Momma HATES Him! 0
Total: 27

Pippa-Michelle is nothing like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Pippa-Michelle, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Pippa-Michelle is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Do I Know This Guy? 1
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 7
I'm Destined For What? 8
Healthy as a Horse 0
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 4
Total: 20

Well I'm happy!
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun May 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Time to ruin my characters!
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Sun May 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Dani is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's had more than her fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than she ought moaning about it. And she's gotten no slack from you.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Dani. Maybe she's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like her and are trying to give her a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Dani is a good character. Give her room to be herself before you stifle her.

What happened to my post in IC...?

>.>
Last edited by The Drone Empire on Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 pm

JA! Remember all though, lithmus tests are good starting points, but should never be solely relied upon. :p

Did you refresh the page, Dani?
she/her

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 pm

What happens when I rush and multitask with Thriller
Cornelius Thriller isn't a character: he's you, or you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. *He always knew he was special, destined for great things - and probably made sure everyone else knew it too. He's had more than his fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than he ought moaning about it. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Cornelius Thriller. Maybe he's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like him and are trying to give him a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Cornelius Thriller is a good character. Give him room to be himself before you stifle him.

Score Breakdown
Mirror, Mirror 31
Yo! 13
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark? 15
Angst R Us 10
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 4
Total: 73

*Not entirely true, but close enough.
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Sun May 25, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Code: Select all
[quote="The Drone Empire";p="20232981"][quote="Tiltjuice";p="20228836"][quote="Cerillium";p="20206695"][spoiler]It was impeccably delicate and refined in movement but, despite the surreal beauty, the [url=http://www.foundation3d.com/gallery/data/500/medium/tripod.jpg]unit[/url] standing in the street had the potential to be every bit as deadly as FUBAR. It was unclear if the machine was crafted by Drones or some unknown faction. It stood nearly ten feet in height. The slender appendages extending from its underbelly undulated like silken scarves in the breeze as they reached down to softly caress the nanites swirling around its three legs. It seemed unperturbed by Dia's presence or, more likely, it was unaware of him. 

His position allowed him to see that the black water flowed down other streets as well. A second walker appeared in the distance then a third, each moving like patient shepherds leading goat flocks across a grazing meadow.[/spoiler][/quote]

He'd gone unseen. So much the better; but now, how best to get word back to the others? Most of them were in the bank.

He took a deep breath, then let it out again. Freezing time as he went, he drifted slowly back to the others. The cluster of teens seemed to be talking amongst themselves, and so he left them alone for a bit. Stretching out an arm to the nearby Dani, he tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, miss. What do you know about a ten-foot-tall three-legged thingy with a bunch of wires under it and what looks like green eyes?"[/quote]

Dani jumped lightly at his tap; her eyes had been rather fixated on the very thing in question, so she was rather mentally preoccupied when Dia came upon her. She nearly punched him, as ineffective as that would be, but her reactions were strange. Controlling them was an art not even she had mastered.

To the question, she peered out again, more suspiciously, "It isn't a Drone.. or.. no, it can't be a Guardian, unless its been modified.." She said, almost muttering to herself, reminiscing to the spindly, multi-legged horrors that she'd seen released en masse throughout the last invasion. Guardians were particularly smart, she wondered if this was one that had self-adapted, though its structural form was much too different.

"Whatever it is, we can hope it keeps distance. We certainly know nothing of its potential." She remarked, in truth merely thinking out loud. She studied its features just to be sure it couldn't be Drone - and if it wasn't - what was it? In times like this, her curiosity peaked beyond all measure, what she would do just to study the damned thing. Quite a shame such a specimen was so unavailable.[/quote]
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
[quote="The Drone Empire";p="20232981"][quote="Tiltjuice";p="20228836"][quote="Cerillium";p="20206695"][spoiler]It was impeccably delicate and refined in movement but, despite the surreal beauty, the [url=http://www.foundation3d.com/gallery/data/500/medium/tripod.jpg]unit[/url] standing in the street had the potential to be every bit as deadly as FUBAR. It was unclear if the machine was crafted by Drones or some unknown faction. It stood nearly ten feet in height. The slender appendages extending from its underbelly undulated like silken scarves in the breeze as they reached down to softly caress the nanites swirling around its three legs. It seemed unperturbed by Dia's presence or, more likely, it was unaware of him. 

His position allowed him to see that the black water flowed down other streets as well. A second walker appeared in the distance then a third, each moving like patient shepherds leading goat flocks across a grazing meadow.[/spoiler][/quote]

He'd gone unseen. So much the better; but now, how best to get word back to the others? Most of them were in the bank.

He took a deep breath, then let it out again. Freezing time as he went, he drifted slowly back to the others. The cluster of teens seemed to be talking amongst themselves, and so he left them alone for a bit. Stretching out an arm to the nearby Dani, he tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, miss. What do you know about a ten-foot-tall three-legged thingy with a bunch of wires under it and what looks like green eyes?"[/quote]

Dani jumped lightly at his tap; her eyes had been rather fixated on the very thing in question, so she was rather mentally preoccupied when Dia came upon her. She nearly punched him, as ineffective as that would be, but her reactions were strange. Controlling them was an art not even she had mastered.

To the question, she peered out again, more suspiciously, "It isn't a Drone.. or.. no, it can't be a Guardian, unless its been modified.." She said, almost muttering to herself, reminiscing to the spindly, multi-legged horrors that she'd seen released en masse throughout the last invasion. Guardians were particularly smart, she wondered if this was one that had self-adapted, though its structural form was much too different.

"Whatever it is, we can hope it keeps distance. We certainly know nothing of its potential." She remarked, in truth merely thinking out loud. She studied its features just to be sure it couldn't be Drone - and if it wasn't - what was it? In times like this, her curiosity peaked beyond all measure, what she would do just to study the damned thing. Quite a shame such a specimen was so unavailable.[/quote]

:D ty
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun May 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Chernaya Varona is nothing like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Chernaya Varona, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Chernaya Varona is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
Do I Know This Guy? 2
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 8
I'm Destined For What? 4
Can't Complain 3
Momma HATES Her! 0
Total: 17
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 25, 2014 9:40 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

010110010110111101110101001001110111001001100101 01110111011001010110110001100011011011110110110101100101 001010100110111001101111011001000111001100101010

Dora is nothing like you. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Dora, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Dora is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
Do I Know This Guy? 3
Yo! 18
I'm Destined For What? 3
Healthy as a Horse 0
Momma HATES Her! 2
Total: 26

Meh. I don't really believe this. :p
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:

010110010110111101110101001001110111001001100101 01110111011001010110110001100011011011110110110101100101 001010100110111001101111011001000111001100101010

Dora is nothing like you. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Dora, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Dora is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
Do I Know This Guy? 3
Yo! 18
I'm Destined For What? 3
Healthy as a Horse 0
Momma HATES Her! 2
Total: 26

Meh. I don't really believe this. :p

It seems to be designed more for solo stories than roleplays.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun May 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Dani, I got the same results for Bran . . .

:p

Shows how well this is optimized!

Bran is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's had more than his fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than he ought moaning about it. And he's gotten no slack from you.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Bran. Maybe he's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like him and are trying to give him a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Bran is a good character. Give him room to be himself before you stifle him.

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 16
Yo! 15
I'm Destined For What? 9
Angst R Us 14
Momma HATES Him! 1
Total: 55

Kei is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. She is so impossibly hip that she has difficulty seeing over her own pelvis; she'll probably die young, but damn, will it have been a good life. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever she gains, she's worked for.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Kei. Maybe she's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like her and are trying to give her a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Kei is a good character. Give her room to be herself before you stifle her.

Score Breakdown
She's Got My Nose 11
James Dean, James Dean... 24
I'm Destined For What? 11
Can't Complain 6
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 8
Total: 60

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun May 25, 2014 10:07 pm

Sinyaya Ptitsa Schast'ya is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Sinyaya Ptitsa Schast'ya, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Sinyaya Ptitsa Schast'ya is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
I Love Her, I Let Her Go 4
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 4
I'm Destined For What? 5
Healthy as a Horse 0
Momma HATES Her! 2
Total: 15

Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Giovenith wrote:It seems to be designed more for solo stories than roleplays.

I concur. *nods*
mumblemumblemumble

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Here's to Bran.

And now I sleep.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon May 26, 2014 12:08 am

Hey, sweet, Torii got the same description as Gio. Not the same point, though...I think. Kind of fun, huh.

Tora is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She always knew she was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. She's had more than her fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than she ought moaning about it. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Tora, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Tora is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.

Score Breakdown
I Love Her, I Let Her Go: 8
You Mean Plaid Is Out?: 7
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark?: 13
Angst R Us: 10
Momma HATES Her!: 2
Total: 40

@Dani: You can get mods to give you unlimited time.

As Byzantium, I wiped out the Ottomans, Candar, etc., pushed Islam back to Iraq, and started an inquisition, fought the Mongol Hordes, fought Venice, helped Georgia, reestablished Byzantium's borders in the Crusades, and established a giant schism between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. Hurrah!
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Mon May 26, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon May 26, 2014 7:19 am

Klaus is nothing like you. He isn't really very cool: he blends into crowds, he hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes him run into things. He always knew he was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And you've been sparing with the free handouts: whatever he gains, he's worked for.

In general, you care deeply about Klaus, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Klaus is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.

Score Breakdown
Do I Know This Guy? 3
You Mean Plaid Is Out? 7
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark? 21
Can't Complain 4
Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child 8
Total: 43

Ogoti is nothing like you. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's got no emotional scars to speak of. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you've kept yourself a goodly distance from Ogoti and given him plenty of room - maybe a little too much. Don't distance yourself so far from Ogoti that you stop caring what happens to him.

Score Breakdown
Do I Know This Guy? 1
He's The Anti-Cool 0
I'm Destined For What? 9
Healthy as a Horse 0
Momma HATES Him! 0
Total: 10

:lol2:

Ceril is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He may be popular, or he may not, but no matter what he's impossible to ignore; he stands out... just the way you always wanted to. He always knew he was special, destined for great things - and probablyf made sure everyone else knew it too. He's had more than his fair share of hard knocks, and probably spends more time than he ought moaning about it. And he's gotten no slack from you.

You may have let yourself get a little too close to Ceril. Maybe he's you as you wish you were, or maybe you're just afraid no one will like him and are trying to give him a free ride. Have some confidence in your writing! Ceril is a good character. Give him room to be himself before you stifle him.

Score Breakdown
He's Got My Nose 20
Yo! 17
Hey, Wanna See My Crown-Shaped Birthmark? 12
Angst R Us 12
Momma HATES Him! 1
Total: 62

Don't know about that one. He stands out because he's ugly. Cyborg, anyone? Never talks about his past, isn't destined for great things, and isn't meant to be liked. We share a similar build (height and girth). He's annoyed by Swith, doesn't listen to Swith, and generally ignores Swith until the god screws up and demands he fixes.....

Oh, crap. I think I'll send the link to Swith.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon May 26, 2014 7:26 am

Also, the "shepherd" isn't Drone at all. (Good call, Dani. I prefer to farm things by her if I'm going to authentic Drone but I forgot to TG to let her know this thing wasn't one of their constructs.)
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon May 26, 2014 7:32 am

Nick is suspiciously similar to you as you'd like to be. He is not at all cool; in fact, he thinks cool is a temperature reading, and when he says "Oh, I just put on whatever old thing's lying around," he means "on the floor, where I threw it last night - but I turned the underwear inside out first." He may have sometimes thought that he was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. He's come in for his share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And he's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Nick, but you're smart enough to let him stand on his own, without burdening him with your personal fantasies or propping him up with idealization and over-dramatization. Nick is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of him.
No extra info needed here, methinks.

Other characters which I might someday introduce
Rmmwtyliin is only a little like you. She may be popular, or she may not, but no matter what she's impossible to ignore; she stands out... just the way you always wanted to. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's got no emotional scars to speak of. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Rmmwtyliin, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Rmmwtyliin is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.
A medieval Fvaarniimarn princess (Naaliiasz), possibly illegitimate depending on interpretation of laws, with a generally detested biological father. If introduced, will probably end up cooperating with Kwa-a.

Kwa-a is only a little like you. She isn't really very cool: she blends into crowds, she hangs out on the fringes at parties, and wearing shades after dark makes her run into things. She may have sometimes thought that she was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. She's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And she's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about Kwa-a, but you're smart enough to let her stand on her own, without burdening her with your personal fantasies or propping her up with idealization and over-dramatization. Kwa-a is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of her.
More or less the personification of Borksmiclen, an alt which played a pivotal (although very negative) role in Fvaarniimarn history.

is nothing like you. Xe may be popular, or xe may not, but no matter what xe's impossible to ignore; xe stands out... just the way you always wanted to. Xe may have sometimes thought that xe was special, or destined for greater things, but probably dismissed the idea as a fantasy. Xe's come in for her share of hurt, but gotten off with minor damage. And xe's gotten no slack from you.

In general, you care deeply about xir, but you're smart enough to let xir stand on xir own, without burdening xir with your personal fantasies or propping xir up with idealization and over-dramatization. Xe is a healthy character with a promising career ahead of xir.

This one I came up with a while back. I find it amusing.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Mon May 26, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon May 26, 2014 7:35 am

Hey, guys!

I have to work later today, but am free to post before then, and more than likely after.

Also, happy Memorial Day!

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon May 26, 2014 7:58 am

Happy Memorial Day, Bran.

We shall now nickname Fvaar "Nick".

Swith and I are going to the museum in a few. She wants to get out of the house a while and mocking modern art is a mutual interest. I'm only going to see this. Can't predict when I'll be on next.

@Fvaar, Bran and Torsi - feel free to NPC Marcus if you want him helping give Nick a boost and then boosting Torii.

@Dani. Alternatively, if players opt to break down the door, please feel free to NPC FUBAR. I'm sure he has means of opening it without blowing the hinges off.

Also, Ray is a PI. He might be able to pick the lock. Sterling has magic. He might be able to unlock it. Dia could heat the lock and melt it.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon May 26, 2014 8:27 am

I'll be off for a little of this afternoon while I do CAP things with the parade.

Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 am

Cerillium wrote:Happy Memorial Day, Bran.

We shall now nickname Fvaar "Nick".

Swith and I are going to the museum in a few. She wants to get out of the house a while and mocking modern art is a mutual interest. I'm only going to see this. Can't predict when I'll be on next.

@Fvaar, Bran and Torsi - feel free to NPC Marcus if you want him helping give Nick a boost and then boosting Torii.

@Dani. Alternatively, if players opt to break down the door, please feel free to NPC FUBAR. I'm sure he has means of opening it without blowing the hinges off.

Also, Ray is a PI. He might be able to pick the lock. Sterling has magic. He might be able to unlock it. Dia could heat the lock and melt it.

*Snort*

While unsurprisingly my appearance is dissimilar to Nick's and hence he does not in fact have my nose, he does have a lot of my personality. I'm expecting that to change somewhat as his character develops further, but so far it seems to suit him fine. I might take you up on NPCing Marcus, and, again, thanks to personal experience, Nick isn't bad with locks. Of course, if it's not a relatively simple mechanical one he won't be that much help!

Also, Nex or Terin mentioned that the former's teleportation could help: if his powers can extend to bugs or something and there are some of those on the other side of the door, dying pretty often, then that could do the trick.

EDIT: That post amused me. Also, is FUBAR an it or a he??!
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Mon May 26, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 am

Kinda lame post, but oh well....
Times are looking grim these days~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse