NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Terintania wrote:I shall post my other idea for a character that I will add in the future, instead!

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Terin

Character Name: Nex Messor

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Reaper

Character Physical Description :He has extremely pale skin, to the point where his skin almost looks white, as if he doesn't have any blood flow. He doesn't quite look dead, but almost, skin-tone-wise. His eyes are black, and his hair is a dark, blood-red. It normally looks black, but if you see it in bright enough sunlight, you can see that it's red, and it looks like he's got blood in his hair. His hair is just long enough to fall into his eyes, and is messy, though stylishly messy, whether intentional or not. He's tall and thin, and typically wears a variety of black pants, though most common are cargo pants or jeans. He wears a variety of black shirts, a black sweatshirt with a hood that he wears up a lot, a black jacketover that, and just a pair of black boots. Obviously his outfit changes, but he's typically seen wearing something like that.

General:
Height: He's 6 feet tall.
Weight: He is rather skinny. Not to the point of being creepy looking, but enough that it's generally pretty clear that he would be considered underweight.
Age: Unknown exactly. Probably at least a thousand years.
Apparent Age: Around 17.

URL to Character Picture, if any: No character picture, but here's what his horse looks like. His horse generally has a sort of thin mistyness around it.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 00e45d.jpg

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human): Nothing above normal human.

Character Unique Skills(if any): Nothing really.

Character Powers (if any):
3-- He knows when people are about to die, and will sometimes show up to take dead people's souls to whatever awaits after death. Basically he's a Grim Reaper of sorts. Of course, this ability will probably never be used in the RP, unless like, someone's character dies, or on some random NPC or something.
3-He can teleport, though most of the time he prefers to walk around. He doesn't have to see where he's going to teleport. If he teleports where a wall is, he'll basically just appear next to it and smack in to it as soon as he comes out of the teleport.
3-He can summon his horse anywhere, any time. Well, within reason. I mean, he can't summon his horse in a place where it wouldn't fit, or like, in the sky or anything like that.
3-He can't die. He can be injured, and needs to take time to heal, but he can never die. Basically, if he gets seriously injured, he'll be as disabled as anyone else would be until healed. If he is decapitated, his body will heal and regrow limbs, but it will take time, and quite a long time.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: He has a weakness to blades (Or any weapons) made for killing undead. It won't kill him, but it will greatly weaken him, and reduce his healing speed so that he heals slower then a normal human.

Due to his job of ferrying souls to whatever comes after death, he will often be either busy or distracted. Sensing so much death constantly can also sometimes have adverse affects on him, causing him to become depressed or can act slightly insane.

As mentioned above, while he is immortal, he will respond to being wounded like any normal human would, and will take just as long to fully heal as they would. Longer, if wounded by a blade meant for killing undead.

He can't feel temperature changes, meaning that he could be standing out in freezing cold and not even notice. Or he could be out in extreme heat and not notice. This may not seem like a weakness, but the effects of the cold or heat will still affect him, meaning he could freeze to 'death' without even realizing that it was cold enough to. The reason that he can't feel temperature changes is because his body itself is deathly cold, so all he ever feels is constantly the same temperature of cold.

Character Background/Biography: Nex was born on basically 'medieval' times. He lived working as a stable boy from a very young age, and when he was 17, he got deathly ill. Knowing that he was going to die soon, he tried to find a way to cheat death, so to speak, trying different assortments of things. This was a very dangerous time for such things, as everyone was very paranoid about witchcraft at the time. Basically what happened what his attempt to cheat death worked....in a way. He was punished for it, and was cursed to live forever as a reaper of death, sort of. He was destined to forever ferry the souls of the dead from this world on to the next, and so he did. For ages he has done this. He has seen the world change, evolve. He has seen empires rise and fall, and been there to take the souls of the dead on to the next world. He has seen people die of torture, in agony, and not been able to ease their pain. He has seen people die of their own stupidity, and he has seen people live who he wished would die. Though he easily could, he has never killed anyone, no matter what people think, or how much he has wanted to. He knows it is his place to observe and take people to whatever lies after death, but never to interfere, or the consequences would be disastrous.

The more years that passed, the more he suffered. Seeing so much death would take it's toll on anyone. Once he had fallen in love with a girl, but he never once told her this, for he knew that one day death would claim her, as well. When that day did come, he was there to take her on to whatever lies after death, though it broke his heart. Not once did he make any friends, or fall in love again, because he always knew that death would come for them, and he would live on for ages after they died of old age, and he knew he couldn't take that. But recently he has become lonely, and wishes he had someone that he could share his stories with, that he could confide in. And then he found Bielefeld, where there might be people like him. People who would live forever.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To settle down and make some friends, basically. And, if possible, to attempt to find a way to become human again, even if it means that he'll die.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... bc7660.jpg

Link to RP examples:
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: Will add later.

I personally think that this is a great app in terms of character development/bio. I believe that, if Terin is willing to tweak the app- for instance, getting rid of the horse or making it an ordinary mortal horse- so that it doesn't clash with Spike's established canon for Mortimer, then it should be considered. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I'm a relatively new player. (That being said, I'd suggest something along the lines of, "Deaths exist and have been around since the beginning of... Well, a really long time; a few Reapers, with similar but slightly weaker powers, exist as a punishment for attempting to mess with the natural course of things, to help the Deaths out, and (possibly) to add a bit of humanity to the job or as liaisons to/ spies on normal humanity, as unlike almost all Deaths they have emotion.")

Also, I'd like to point out that the time commitment of having n chars in one RP and that of having n chars scattered across multiple RPs don't seem like they would differ too much.

How does the horse clash with Mortimer? I just scanned his app, but I saw no mention of a horse in it.
Times are looking grim these days~

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:08 am

Terintania wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:I personally think that this is a great app in terms of character development/bio. I believe that, if Terin is willing to tweak the app- for instance, getting rid of the horse or making it an ordinary mortal horse- so that it doesn't clash with Spike's established canon for Mortimer, then it should be considered. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I'm a relatively new player. (That being said, I'd suggest something along the lines of, "Deaths exist and have been around since the beginning of... Well, a really long time; a few Reapers, with similar but slightly weaker powers, exist as a punishment for attempting to mess with the natural course of things, to help the Deaths out, and (possibly) to add a bit of humanity to the job or as liaisons to/ spies on normal humanity, as unlike almost all Deaths they have emotion.")

Also, I'd like to point out that the time commitment of having n chars in one RP and that of having n chars scattered across multiple RPs don't seem like they would differ too much.

How does the horse clash with Mortimer? I just scanned his app, but I saw no mention of a horse in it.

I'm not seeing the horse either, except that your character can summon one.

Spike's running a Grim and it might clash with his canon. However, if he doesn't post this weekend, I'm considering the canon open.

A note on "immortality" - everything is capable of dying in the PLverse, even immortal gods. Call it a quirk, or call it just persnickety, but immortality just isn't all it's cracked up to be. This includes OP tool characters. Killing an immortal creature is difficult but not impossible. Aging and disease don't touch them, but physical trauma renders them in a state best left not described.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:09 am

At last, it is completed! http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=235746

Will be on much later. We're washing down the porches today. Maybe doing the flower beds.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:11 am

Cerillium wrote:
Terintania wrote:

Spike's running a Grim and it might clash with his canon. However, if he doesn't post this weekend, I'm considering the canon open.

A note on "immortality" - everything is capable of dying in the PLverse, even immortal gods. Call it a quirk, or call it just persnickety, but immortality just isn't all it's cracked up to be. This includes OP tool characters. Killing an immortal creature is difficult but not impossible. Aging and disease don't touch them, but physical trauma renders them in a state best left not described.

Or in reference to Full Metal Alchemist, Pride being killed by being submerged into a pit of lava, or Envy being lit aflame and burning faster than she could of healed
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:13 am

Cerillium wrote:
Terintania wrote:

It seems like eventually people would run out of things they could create and be creative if having a character slightly similar to another made it so that the character wouldn't work. It seems reasonable that there would be more then one Reaper, even if they are different. With only one, I don't imagine all the souls of everyone who dies would ever be ferried on to whatever comes after death, unless the reaper can be in multiple places at once.

Would a weakness like he can be killed by weapons meant to kill undead work?

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 am

Cerillium wrote:At last, it is completed! http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=235746

Will be on much later. We're washing down the porches today. Maybe doing the flower beds.

Gah it's awesome. I don't think I'd ever get around to doing any of that. I'll just read others in envy :lol:

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 am

I'm still confused on what Bran's supposed to do right now. You guys are saying you don't want to pause, but Rylli ran off while I was about to park Kei.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 am

My last post just gave me an idea for a 'business'......

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:16 am

Bran: If you wonder why there was no reply for Natiya, I filled in right here. Even told earlier if you wondered why I tell now.

I know I sound a bit testy, but only because I am running off of 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Swith: You also forgot to reply to Thriller.

And now I will reply for Superbia since he remains. Meh, might update locations where everyone of my characters (who aren't busy/MIA).
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 am

Germanic Templars wrote:Bran: If you wonder why there was no reply for Natiya, I filled in right here. Even told earlier if you wondered why I tell now.

I know I sound a bit testy, but only because I am running off of 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Swith: You also forgot to reply to Thriller.

And now I will reply for Superbia since he remains. Meh, might update locations where everyone of my characters (who aren't busy/MIA).

:( :hug: I know the feeling. It's horrible, and you have my sympathy.
EDIT to clarify: I'm referring to having had very little sleep.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Cerillium wrote:At last, it is completed! http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=235746

I wish I knew how to write good factbooks like that.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey, sorry about not posting today, guys. I will when I get home from work after they keep me for 6 hours like they have been (I've been needing to take more hours because of people quitting, so I might do the same if they expect me to bust my ass more for them on school nights when I have work I need to get done)

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:08 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Hey, sorry about not posting today, guys. I will when I get home from work after they keep me for 6 hours like they have been (I've been needing to take more hours because of people quitting, so I might do the same if they expect me to bust my ass more for them on school nights when I have work I need to get done)

Do you work part-time? I think 6 hours is less then a typical work day for most people.

Eldritch Incorporated
Secretary

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eldritch Incorporated » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Not everyone can live off an inheritance of classic sci-fi movies.

Watching "The Deadly Mantis" trying to figure out how to profit off of this besides creating a giant praying mantis.
"Not an evil corporation, just a bit misguided. All we want to do is help. Let us help. We can fix you..."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:01 pm

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Eldritch Incorporated
Secretary

Founded: Mar 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eldritch Incorporated » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks for thinking of me, but my phone cannot handle video. I live in a dead zone.
"Not an evil corporation, just a bit misguided. All we want to do is help. Let us help. We can fix you..."

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Sorry about not posting today, all. I'll post tomorrow for sure.
Good night, PL.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm having trouble with maintaining interest in my chars. Probably gonna either scrap 'em for different ones, or just revamp them. Idk what I'll do.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Well my grandfather's birthday went off pretty well. We went to a Japanese steakhouse.

I learned that if I ever got stuck in Japan, I could live off steamed rice and chicken katsu.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks for the factbook compliments. Posted a rare Fram cameo in IC to motivate the Klingon into loathing him.

It's no problem if people want to drop old characters and pick up new. Please park the old rather than keep them in play.

@Mon. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256878. Ponderosa's guide is excellent. Sticky rice is a staple in this house although Swith bitches about eating it every day. Good breakfast food.

@Ter. An "undead killing weapon" would work. I'm not too concerned over having more than one Death.

Will post tomorrow evening. Gardening Round 2 tomorrow. Would have been on sooner tonight but we watched the 2nd Despicable Me movie.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Monfrox wrote:Well my grandfather's birthday went off pretty well. We went to a Japanese steakhouse.

I learned that if I ever got stuck in Japan, I could live off steamed rice and chicken katsu.

Neat! In other news, I should be back within 24 hours, but am leaving 10 min from now.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Cerillium wrote:Thanks for the factbook compliments. Posted a rare Fram cameo in IC to motivate the Klingon into loathing him.

It's no problem if people want to drop old characters and pick up new. Please park the old rather than keep them in play.

@Mon. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256878. Ponderosa's guide is excellent. Sticky rice is a staple in this house although Swith bitches about eating it every day. Good breakfast food.

Yay~!

Also, you'll be pleased to know that I didn't use my fork once and had a perfect chopstick break!

Using them is enough to give me carpal tunnel though

Achievement

Borksmiclen
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Borksmiclen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:57 pm

In yet other news, one of my cats has turned into a squirrel ((tail fur puffing out)). It would appear that spontaneous evolution is in fact possible. :p
_->>
Controlled by same user as Fvaarniimar
To avoid confusion, please refer to me as "Fvaar" OOC.
Will return:.. may check in with Fvaarniimar occasionally and intending/hoping to post with Borksmiclen early Halloween 15. Other than that, up in the air. TG Fvaarniimar.
Demonym: Bomic. An alternate reality version of this nation is experiencing the zombie apocalypse.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:52 pm

Cerillium wrote:Thanks for the factbook compliments. Posted a rare Fram cameo in IC to motivate the Klingon into loathing him.

I fram-ed your factbook!

Yes.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:05 am

Tiltjuice wrote:

I fram-ed your factbook!

Yes.

Rice is good, da.

Also, I saw that cameo. Curse me for not thinking of putting Varona there to pick up her monthly bottle of vodka.

Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse