NATION

PASSWORD

History of Empires (OOC, Always Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:23 am

Nation Name: Baltic Federation
    Capital City: None, but the dukes of various duchies in the federation gather in Kovno (Kaunas)
    Government Type: Tribal Federation (loosely united duchies)
    Head of State: Officially none, but the Duke of Lithuania is most powerful and holds Kovno, currently Sventaragis I
    Claimed Territory: http://www.google.lt/search?safe=off&hl=lt&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=9XIMU9SRO4Sn4ASXuoEg&q=baltic+tribes&oq=baltic+tribes&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..0i19.3314.8098.0.8956.14.10.0.4.4.0.122.974.6j4.10.0....0...1c.1.35.mobile-gws-hp..0.14.1152.foJj9U0Ufdg#biv=i%7C6%3Bd%7CEBxon0RfKK8VcM%3A
    State/National Religion: Romuva (Baltic Paganism)
    Dominant Religion: Romuva (Baltic Paganism)
    Minority Religion(s): Slavic and Germanic Pantheons
    Population: 480,000 or something (Might change soon)
    Military Organization: Basically tribal levies.
    Military Size: 11,000 levy
    Fleet Size: None, the Balts learned shipbuilding much later.
    National Flag: No flag. (Flags weren't even invented in 1500 BC)
    Primary Culture: Proto-Baltic (Lithuanian, Latvian and Prussian cultured formed later)
    Accepted Cultures: Proto-Slav
    Primary Import(s): Metals
    Primary Export(s): Amber
    Trade Policy: Mostly free trade.
    Civil Freedoms: High, but depends where in the country

Brief Description of your nation's History: Not much is known about the Ancient Balts, they were really isolated and peaceful. However, it is known that they traded with the South through the Amber Road.
    Brief Description of your nation's economy: West is richer than East. Really autarchic, but what else would you expect?
    Brief Description of your nation's government: The duchies that make up the country are semi-independant. There is no government and the most powerful duke usually controls the foreign policy.
    Brief Description of your nation's populace: Most people are Balts and live in small villages.

RP Example: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283923
    429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by Lithuanian Empire on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hannibal Lecter's Inspiration of the AXIS PACT!
I am the real Lith. Isle of Lithonia is a fake!

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.
Yes, I prefer NS rather than Eurovision.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
United Great Britian wrote:-really lame app-

If I was the OP, I would reject this immediately.
However, Allen doesn't like my harsh/just technique, so there's hope.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:28 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:   
    Capital City: None, but the dukes of various duchies in the federation gather in Kovno (Kaunas)
    Head of State: Officially none, but the Duke of Lithuania is most powerful and holds Kovno, currently Sventaragis I
    Claimed Territory: http://www.google.lt/search?safe=off&hl=lt&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=9XIMU9SRO4Sn4ASXuoEg&q=baltic+tribes&oq=baltic+tribes&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..0i19.3314.8098.0.8956.14.10.0.4.4.0.122.974.6j4.10.0....0...1c.1.35.mobile-gws-hp..0.14.1152.foJj9U0Ufdg#biv=i%7C6%3Bd%7CEBxon0RfKK8VcM%3A
    Population: 180,000 or something (Might change soon)
    Primary Culture: Proto-Baltic (Lithuanian, Latvian and Prussian cultured formed later)

Brief Description of your nation's History: Not much is known about the Ancient Balts, they were really isolated and peaceful. However, it is known that they traded with the South through the Amber Road.
    Brief Description of your nation's economy: West is richer than East. Really autarchic, but what else would you expect?
    Brief Description of your nation's government: The duchies that make up the country are semi-independant. There is no government and the most powerful duke usually controls the foreign policy.
    Brief Description of your nation's populace: Most people are Balts and live in small villages.

Could you link to an actual image? Linking to Google results doesn't give me any information, as the images that show up change from computer to computer, and from country to country.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:34 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Nation Name: The Sievean Empire of Vokietea
Capital City: Kelne
Government Type: Autocracy
Head of State: Frederick of Kelne
Claimed Territory: Here ya go!
State/National Religion: Sievietism
Dominant Religion: Sievietism
Minority Religion(s): Various polytheistic religions from the region
Population: 172,000
Military Organization: The government has a small amount of professional warriors. Each city and village, however, has a militia that is sworn to protect the Karalius of Vokietea
Military Size: 5,160 soldiers in all (2,000 actual government soldiers, the rest are from various city militias)
Fleet Size: Thirty vessels are currently in the navy
National Flag: Primary Culture: Latvian/Estonian
Accepted Cultures: German, Russian
Primary Import: Metals and various exotic items
Primary Export: Fabrics & dyes
Trade Policy: Free Trade
Civil Freedoms: Moderate, as women are on par with men, though all non-Vokieteans are treated poorly.

Brief Description of your nation's History: Vokietea was founded recently, after several tribes banded together around the Gulf of Riga. Since then, these tribes have been building up their navies and armies in hopes of expanding their newly formed nation and to "culture the uncultured savages" in Europe.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The economy is self-sustaining, with a majority of it made up of various traders in the major cities. However, the economy is dependent on foreign traders selling their goods to the government or the people of the Empire.
Brief Description of your nation's government: The government is a hereditary autocracy, with the Karalius being but one part of a long chain of ancestors who have descended from Siev herself. The Karalius is both the protector of the people and the commander of the military, who do not shy away from fighting Vokietea's rivals. There is a group of advisors that can also influence the Karalius, but they are mostly for guidance as opposed to actual governing.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The people of Vokietea are a hardy and strong group of people. They do not enjoy being under the rule of other powers and will typically rebel against any invader or conqueror. Vokieteans are also very violent, often resorting to violence instead of reason. It is because of this that the Vokieteans are very warlike and will try to exert power over a weak neighbor, or even invade them from time to time.

RP Example: r u 4 srs, m8?

I just wanna point you out some things.
1. The Population is too big for this little territory. The Baltics were very sparsely populated in this era.
2. Latvian and Estonian cultures didn't exist at this point, only Proto-Baltic aand Proto-Finnish.
3. Balts didn't know anything about shipbuilding for the next 2000 years. This includes Norse too.
4. Balts didn't have kings. (Karalius is king in Lithuanian)

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:38 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:I just wanna point you out some things.
1. The Population is too big for this little territory. The Baltics were very sparsely populated in this era.
2. Latvian and Estonian cultures didn't exist at this point, only Proto-Baltic aand Proto-Finnish.
3. Balts didn't know anything about shipbuilding for the next 2000 years. This includes Norse too.
4. Balts didn't have kings. (Karalius is king in Lithuanian)

The RP isn't historical. If he wants those cultures and situations to be there, that's fine.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:40 am

HorusLand wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:   
    Population: 180,000 or something (Might change soon)

Could you link to an actual image? Linking to Google results doesn't give me any information, as the images that show up change from computer to computer, and from country to country.

http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Baltic_Tribes_c_1200_es.svg

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:41 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Could you link to an actual image? Linking to Google results doesn't give me any information, as the images that show up change from computer to computer, and from country to country.

http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Baltic_Tribes_c_1200_es.svg

That area is claimed, sorry.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:44 am

HorusLand wrote:

That area is claimed, sorry.

Not all of it.
I don't own Vokietija's territory, but I have a claim on it.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
HorusLand wrote:That area is claimed, sorry.

Not all of it.
I don't own Vokietija's territory, but I have a claim on it.

Ah, yes, you're right. You are accepted, then. :)

True Happines
Attaché

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby True Happines » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:14 am

I will probably make an app in the near future.

I have just one question, does Alecto claim Finland too? As Finland is not a part of Scandinavia.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 am

True Happines wrote:I will probably make an app in the near future.

I have just one question, does Alecto claim Finland too? As Finland is not a part of Scandinavia.

He probably will not, as he needs to severely downsize his claims. We will see, though. Try not to apply in the area until he responds.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 am

Nation Name: The Javanese Kingdom
Capital City: Javaraya (IRL Surabaya)
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Head of State: King Manusama II
Claimed Territory: As the new map says so.
State/National Religion: Javaism
Dominant Religion: Javaism
Minority Religion(s): There are quite some religions.
Population: 30,800,000
Military Organization: A normal standing army is existed, and no conscription.
Military Size: 400,000 active, 25,000 reserve
Fleet Size: 100 merchant ships and lightly armed as well as 150 military ships, heavily armed.
National Flag: (Put in a spoiler.) N/A as of now, until the certain age.
Primary Culture: Javanese
Accepted Cultures: Java culture
Primary Import(s): Specific metals
Primary Export(s): Tea, rice, sugar, pottery, fish
Trade Policy: Mercantilism
Civil Freedoms: High due to the civil rights enacted by the King.

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Javanese Kingdom was found years ago as a small empire in East Java. Belonged to a group of nobles and handfuls of followers, it expanding slowly and slowly until became a great maritime empire with huge, albeit weak navy as well as strong army. Its nobles, however, have been defeated by a local lord named Javaraya who took the throne and established the Javaraya Dynasty to preserve his descendants. His religion spread out by his monks and with the addition of great resources, it will be able to expand, albeit slower. Its kingdom now is controlled decentralized with elected governors each controlling the smaller cities.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The agriculture and trading with other empires. Agriculture usually produce a surplus by each year of harvest, and so the surplus are either distributed or sold to the other empires, with barter systems existed in rural towns and coinage of gold in bigger cities. Trading with other empires are quite good, although only as far as to the island of Maluku.
Brief Description of your nation's government: Absolute Monarchy, existed with the help of the Dynasty itself as well as the strong successors.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mostly are the Javanese people with the addition of some Balinese who spread their religion.

RP Example: It's me, people.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:35 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Head of State: King Javaraya III
Claimed Territory: East Java
State/National Religion: Buddhi Chi (combination of Indian and Chinese Buddhism)
Dominant Religion: Buddhi Chi
Minority Religion(s): Muslim
Population: 1,000,000
Military Size: 50,000 active, 25,000 reserve
Fleet Size: 50 merchant ships and lightly armed as well as 25 military ships, heavily armed.

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Javanese Kingdom was found years ago as a small empire in East Java. Belonged to a group of nobles and handfuls of followers, it expanding slowly and slowly until became a great maritime empire with huge, albeit weak navy as well as strong army. Its nobles, however, have been defeated by a local lord named Javaraya who took the throne and established the Javaraya Dynasty to preserve his descendants. His religion spread out by his monks and with the addition of great resources, it will be able to expand, albeit slower. Its kingdom now is controlled decentralized with elected governors each controlling the smaller cities.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The agriculture and trading with other empires. Agriculture usually produce a surplus by each year of harvest, and so the surplus are either distributed or sold to the other empires, with barter systems existed in rural towns and coinage of gold in bigger cities. Trading with other empires are quite good, although only as far as to the island of Maluku.
Brief Description of your nation's government: Absolute Monarchy, existed with the help of the Dynasty itself as well as the strong successors.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mostly are the Javanese people with the addition of some Balinese who spread their religion.

Religion denied, real life religions do not and will not exist.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:40 am

HorusLand wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
State/National Religion: Buddhi Chi (combination of Indian and Chinese Buddhism)
Minority Religion(s): Muslim
Fleet Size: 50 merchant ships and lightly armed as well as 25 military ships, heavily armed.

Religion denied, real life religions do not and will not exist.

It's not. It's just....okay I will edit it.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
State/National Religion: Buddhi Chi ( a religion that worship King Javaraya I as the hero who freed the people from evil wealthy men)
Minority Religion(s): None

Edited.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am

Accepted.

Alecto
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alecto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:25 am

HorusLand wrote:All accepted minus Akasha and Alecto. Alecto, your land needs to be much, much smaller. Think of the Benelux as a max. area. Akasha, I'll kindly ask you to provide some proof that your area would have such a population at that time.

Checked. Anything else?

Alecto
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alecto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:27 am

Not anymore. Feel free to start your faction in Finland.
Last edited by Alecto on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Nazza-Duhni
Secretary

Founded: Nov 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nazza-Duhni » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 am

O_O All of these apps are so detailed. I feel that may be I can not compare. :oops:

But I will try. I have classes for most of today, so is it ok if I post my app later?

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:46 am

Alecto wrote:

Dang, Baltics are getting cramped up.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

La Republica De Filipinas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby La Republica De Filipinas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 am

Nation Name: Kingdom of Ravium
Capital City: Raviuna
Government Type: Elective Monarchy
Head of State: Qet (King) Ynesso II
Claimed Territory: Here
State/National Religion: A Certain Polytheistic Belief; To be referred as Raviumic religion as of the moment
Dominant Religion: Raviumic religion
Minority Religion(s): Certain polytheistic beliefs
Population: 2.7 Million
Military Organization: Ravium operates a professional army
Military Size: 27,000
Fleet Size:40 ships operated by traders, 30 by the military
National Flag: None at the moment
Primary Culture: Raviumic
Accepted Cultures: Anything living in the Philippine islands
Primary Import(s): None at the moment
Primary Export(s): Food, Various natural resources
Civil Freedoms: Raviumics are allowed freedom of speech, freedom to go anyplace else, but not the freedom of religion.

Brief Description of your nation's History: Ravium was once founded in about 1750BC by the so-called Qet Bynuto. Qet Bynuto ruled over the city-state of Raviuna and introduced many reforms in the military, formulating a more organized force compared to the neighboring islands. He conquered many places until he died in 1699BC. His son, Qet Bynuto II, halted the conquering of provinces and created a more economically-centered society. Ravium began to resort to agriculture rather than hunting. It began to take advantage of the many trees in the region and began trading gold and silver.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Ravium has no primary imports as of now, as the soil is fertile, and has vast natural resources at hand. Minor imports include chinaware and certain rare minerals.
Brief Description of your nation's government: Ravium is an elective monarchy where a certain batch of nobles elect a certain person from the current dynasty. It enforces the Raviumic religion and will kill or publicly humiliate anyone who mocks the belief. The government, however, encourages technological advancement.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The Raviumic populace is very cultural and adept at the arts of trade.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=230748&p=13644757#p13644757 (Anything posted by United Southeast Asian Republic)
Last edited by La Republica De Filipinas on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
North Korean music is better (and manlier) than South Korea's.

Connori Pilgrims
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Connori Pilgrims » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:40 am

La Republica De Filipinas wrote:
Nation Name: Kingdom of Ravium
Capital City: Raviuna
Government Type: Feudal Monarchy
Head of State: Qet (King) Ynesso II
Claimed Territory: Luzon, Philippines
State/National Religion: A Certain Polytheistic Belief; To be referred as Raviumic religion as of the moment
Dominant Religion: Raviumic religion
Minority Religion(s): Certain polytheistic beliefs
Population: 945,000
Military Organization: Ravium has a navy and an army. Their soldiers are known for their discipline and loyalty.
Military Size: 10,000
Fleet Size:20 merchant ships, 40 galleys
National Flag: None at the moment
Primary Culture: Raviumic
Accepted Cultures: Anything living in the Philippine islands
Primary Import(s): None at the moment
Primary Export(s): Food, Various natural resources
Civil Freedoms:

Brief Description of your nation's History:
Brief Description of your nation's economy:
Brief Description of your nation's government:
Brief Description of your nation's populace:

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=230748&p=13644757#p13644757 (Anything posted by United Southeast Asian Republic)

Sorry, I already claimed Luzon before you. Most of Visayas and Mindanao is still free though...
LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU. HATE.

Overview of the United Provinces of Connorianople (MT)
FT - United Worlds of Connorianople/The Connori Pilgrims
MT-PMT - United Provinces of Connorianople
PT (19th-Mid-20th Century) - Republic of Connorianople/United States of America (1939 World of Tomorrow RP)
FanT - The Imperium Fremen

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:55 am

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Equalium wrote:Anyone wanna be a trade partner if they encounter me?

Sure, as long as you don't try to conquer me

Believe me, he isn't a threat compared to our neighbourhood.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Aurixa
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurixa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 am

So when do we start the IC? And an I accepted?

Alecto
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Alecto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:15 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Alecto wrote:

Dang, Baltics are getting cramped up.

Aye. Don't intrude into my Scandinavia and we'll get along just dandy.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:06 am

HorusLand wrote:All accepted minus Akasha and Alecto. Alecto, your land needs to be much, much smaller. Think of the Benelux as a max. area. Akasha, I'll kindly ask you to provide some proof that your area would have such a population at that time.

Caltarania wrote:Whelp, I'm gonna get Rofl stomped in a matter of minutes... >.>

'Twas yer decision.

Was it my decision to RP on Gibraltar? Yes.

Was it my decision to have to RP alongside Akasha? No.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse