NATION

PASSWORD

History of Empires (OOC, Always Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Pelyztë
Capital City: The Holy City of Lezion (IRL Jerusalem)
Government Type: United Monarchy
Head of State: House Saul
Claimed Territory: reserved Palestine territory
State/National Religion: Zharism (tbd tbh)
Dominant Religion: Zharism
Minority Religion(s): pagan religions
Population: 500,000 (as taken from the bible verse where it said the world only had 800,000 men xD)
Military Organization: Tribal levies with professional guards in Lezion and other cities
Military Size: 20,000 war time (4%) with 5,000 peace time (1%, usually guards and such)
Fleet Size: TBD (bordering Jordan and Med I should know)
National Flag: http://i.imgur.com/CEXUFYR.png
Primary Culture: Zharian
Accepted Cultures: regional cultures exist equivalent to IRL cultures
Primary Import(s): goods from India and Persia area, horses from mongolian area, elephants from syria, olives from greece, foods from other places, etc.
Primary Export(s): cultural goods, food (?)
Trade Policy: Free trade. No other ideologies exist at this time.
Civil Freedoms: They exist. Men are more important than women. Zharian over non-zharian.

Brief Description of your nation's History: Migrants from Greece. Came here. Complex history. Can't make brief.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Based on trading with other nations and producing food on farms.
Brief Description of your nation's government: A council of priests advise the king who rules over the land.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: A rag-tag group of people from the area. The greek-Zharians take superiority over the locals they have subdued. Mixing with the populace has lead to an interesting collaboration of races and cultures.

RP Example: (Not necessary if you were a part of HoM at its end.)
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by Bujahla on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Alecto
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alecto » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 pm

This should be it. Anything in need of modification?

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Swerehn (w pronounced as vv)
Capital City: Waldorff (w pronounced as vv)
Government Type: Monarchy
Head of State: Rodulf the Elder
Claimed Territory: Modern-day Southern Sweden, the southern tip of Norway
State/National Religion: Old Norse
Dominant Religion: Old Norse
Minority Religion(s): Animism, other lesser forms of Paganism
Population: 226.000
Military Organization: Rigorous Warrior Cult. The stronger and more honorable men are compelled to join of their own accord. Largely unorganized. Loyalty sworn to king.
Military Size: The standing army is about 14.000 strong, mainly comprised of footmen.
Fleet Size: 2 large wooden ships and many lesser boats
National Flag:For the sake of neatness.
Primary Culture: Scandinavian Nordic
Accepted Cultures: Russian, Slavic
Primary Import(s): Grain, luxury items, jewelry
Primary Export(s): Lumber, iron
Trade Policy: Trade is unrestricted with the exception of minor taxes.
Civil Freedoms: Individuals are largely left to do as they please as long as they are loyal to the King (which is somewhat ironic). There are different privileges between sexes and social status (man and woman, noble and commoner, etc.).

Brief Description of your nation's History: The union of the Nordic folk in Scandinavia and Jutland has been consolidated for only a brief period of time. This union was accomplished under the leadership of King Rikard. His firstborn, Rodulf, now holds power in Swerehn.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The economy is based around farming and herding. No currency has been installed, as a barter system is used.
Brief Description of your nation's government: Swerehn is ruled by King Rodulf the Elder with a steady and fair hand. The populace is acceptive of his policies, partly because these policies are good and partly because they are forced to.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Religion plays a large part in the populace's lives. They subsist by farming in the South and Herding in the North. Women have larger roles in Swerenese society than most other societies of the day (which is still not much).

RP Example: Is this optional? I dunno, really.

Last edited by Alecto on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 am, edited 14 times in total.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Nation Name: The Sievean Empire of Vokietea
Capital City: Kelne
Government Type: Autocracy
Head of State: Frederick of Kelne
Claimed Territory: Here ya go!
State/National Religion: Sievietism
Dominant Religion: Sievietism
Minority Religion(s): Various polytheistic religions from the region
Population: 172,000
Military Organization: The government has a small amount of professional warriors. Each city and village, however, has a militia that is sworn to protect the Karalius of Vokietea
Military Size: 5,160 soldiers in all (2,000 actual government soldiers, the rest are from various city militias)
Fleet Size: Thirty vessels are currently in the navy
National Flag:
Primary Culture: Latvian/Estonian
Accepted Cultures: German, Russian
Primary Import: Metals and various exotic items
Primary Export: Fabrics & dyes
Trade Policy: Free Trade
Civil Freedoms: Moderate, as women are on par with men, though all non-Vokieteans are treated poorly.

Brief Description of your nation's History: Vokietea was founded recently, after several tribes banded together around the Gulf of Riga. Since then, these tribes have been building up their navies and armies in hopes of expanding their newly formed nation and to "culture the uncultured savages" in Europe.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The economy is self-sustaining, with a majority of it made up of various traders in the major cities. However, the economy is dependent on foreign traders selling their goods to the government or the people of the Empire.
Brief Description of your nation's government: The government is a hereditary autocracy, with the Karalius being but one part of a long chain of ancestors who have descended from Siev herself. The Karalius is both the protector of the people and the commander of the military, who do not shy away from fighting Vokietea's rivals. There is a group of advisors that can also influence the Karalius, but they are mostly for guidance as opposed to actual governing.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The people of Vokietea are a hardy and strong group of people. They do not enjoy being under the rule of other powers and will typically rebel against any invader or conqueror. Vokieteans are also very violent, often resorting to violence instead of reason. It is because of this that the Vokieteans are very warlike and will try to exert power over a weak neighbor, or even invade them from time to time.

RP Example: r u 4 srs, m8?
Last edited by Neo-Assyrian Empire on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Nation Name: Image (Kingdom of Haroun)
Capital City: Barlat-Oh
Government Type: Feudal Monarchy
Head of State: Urld Dynasty
Claimed Territory: Shandong Peninsula
State/National Religion: N/A
Dominant Religion: Ancestor worship (various local sects)
Minority Religion(s):
Population: 4.2 million
Military Organization: Feudal
Military Size: 1,000 royal guard; remainder fielded by local lords or levied on command
Fleet Size: 140 seagoing merchant vessels, 20 royal ships (military and pleasure craft)
National Flag: N/A
Primary Culture: East Asian Continental
Accepted Cultures: East Asian
Primary Import(s): Spices, certain metals, lumber, fish
Primary Export(s): Tea, rice, spices, fine goods, pottery
Trade Policy: Free trade
Civil Freedoms: Generally extensive due to lack of government regulation

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Haroun Kingdom traces its origins to the first civilizations to develop along the Yellow River. Heavy and repeating flooding of the river valley prompted the move east by some settlers, eventually arriving in the Shandong Peninsula. Initially composed of smaller villages and a handful of cities, in 1620 BCE the first of the Urld Dynasty began the unification of the peninsula that would take another 40 years to accomplish through both conquest and political maneuvering. Since that time, the kingdom has existed as a more or less unified polity ruled from the capital along the coast (modern Qingdao). Periodic flooding has affected the kingdom, but not as severely as the major river valley inland.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Basic copper coinage is used as the primary medium of exchange in major cities, although the barter system remains dominant in rural areas. The majority of the population lives in the countryside as subsistence farmers, although larger settlements along the coast support trade with other East Asian civilizations and the production of pottery and other manufactured goods.
Brief Description of your nation's government: A feudal monarchy, inherited through agnatic succession.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The city-dwellers of Haroun consider themselves to be cultured and cosmopolitan, taking great pride in the age and advancement of their civilization. There is great interest in the arts and sciences, although relatively less in the conduct of war following the unification of the kingdom, and no standing army is maintained outside of the household retainers of the royal family and its feudal vassals.

A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Anyone wanna be a trade partner if they encounter me?
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Equalium wrote:Anyone wanna be a trade partner if they encounter me?

Sure, as long as you don't try to conquer me
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Aldelxane wrote:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Eziwa
Capital City: Ozgleda
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Head of State: King Pawesan Elbari
Claimed Territory: http://i.imgur.com/8OtKbpF.png
State/National Religion: Velza
Dominant Religion: Velza
Minority Religion(s): Tribal Polytheism
Population: 3.2 million
Military Organization:
Military Size: 34,000
Fleet Size: 50 Sailboats
National Flag:
(Image)
Primary Culture: Eziwan
Accepted Cultures: Various tribal cultures
Primary Import(s): Gold, Silver, Pottery
Primary Export(s): Grain, Timber, Fish
Trade Policy: What's been invented at this point...
Civil Freedoms: Murder and theft are outlawed, as is slavery. Marriage on equal terms is a part of the Velza religion. Execution for murder is carried out swiftly with a spear thrust. Eziwa has a complex court system comprised of lords, however the King can pardon trouble makers. Outside of established crimes and the higher ranks of the hierarchy, people are allowed to work at whatever job they want, and ascend until they reach the beginning of the nobility.
Brief Description of your nation's History:
In circa 2500 BCE, groups of hunter-gatherer tribes began to coalesce into farming communities and fishing villages. As many gravitated to the rich land around the lake, people speaking many different languages and of many cultures from the surrounding region arrived and settled. By 1700 BCE, the Eziwan linguistic group had formed, and in 1678 BCE a powerful chieftain by the name of Elbari united the various villages around the lake, established a capitol in Ozgleda on the northeastern edge of the lake and beginning the Elbari dynasty.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The economy is largely made up of fishing and agriculture. Ironworking peoples from the Eastern Niger had spread to the area near the lake by 1800 BCE, and iron mining and working are prized in the villages that possess the resource. Much of the trade to other civilizations in imports and exports travels up and down the Nile river.
Brief Description of your nation's government:
The nation is ruled first by the King, who has supreme rule. Religious leaders have little power, as Velza is largely a worship of life and of the lake. Various village chieftains have small amounts of power, and pledge themselves to serve the King. The military is headed directly by the King, and royals are trained in warfare Brief Description of your nation's populace:
With the spread of farming, ironworking, fishing, and writing, the populace is largely content for the time being. Literacy has begun to spread, but outside of the capitol most are still content to fish and farm. People have gathered and domesticate and breed zebras and elephants since 2000 BCE, making life easier as the now domesticated animals can be used for farming and transportation.
RP Example: Part of HoM at end

Finished my application. Just a note, the spread of ironworking in Africa happened very early in comparison to Europe and started in Eastern Niger, so I'm not making that part up. (Bantu migrations spread it further)
Last edited by Aldelxane on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm

I am here, gentlemen. And ladies.

App soon..enough.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Polarian Empire
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Polarian Empire » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey guys. Will make an app soon
BREAKING NEWS:
New Caledonians are prompted to vote in the upcoming referendum to grant the state of Bennu greater autonomy or not. Elections for the Chancellor of the Dominion has the whole nation on edge.

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Equalium wrote:Anyone wanna be a trade partner if they encounter me?

Sure, as long as you don't try to conquer me

I'll never conquer you. I'll probably adopt your religion and interfuse it with Toraganism
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Someone post the new map.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Unionis Augustinus
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Unionis Augustinus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Here is my app.
Nation Name: The Hydraulic State of Baeliah
Capital City: Baeliah
Government Type: Chiefdom
Head of State: Paramount Chieftain Az Lean
Claimed Territory: Red Dot is the Location of the Capital
Dominant Religion: Worship of the Spirits Am Han and Ha Bghat
Minority Religion(s): Animism
Population: 340,000
Military Organization: Warband
Military Size: 2,000 Warriors, usually Volunteers from the elite and ordinary citizens
Fleet Size: 50 Balangays (mostly used for trading)
National Flag: None
Primary Culture: Baeliah-nite culture is similar to the other Austronesian cultures, though there mixes with the other Indochina groups.
Accepted Cultures: Indochina cultures and other Austronesian cultures
Primary Import(s): Gold, Silver, Pottery Spices
Primary Export(s): Agricultural Goods, Fishing Goods, Forest Goods
Trade Policy: Free trade
Civil Freedoms: As long as members contribute to the States's well-being, they can enjoy some liberties.
Brief Description of your nation's History: Baeliah started out as a small fishing and trading village, north of the Mekong Delta, but began expanding as weaker tribes allied with the Paramount Chieftain due to the trade opportunities that Baeliah could give.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Baeliah, being a coastal polity, relies on the sea trade with other South China Sea coastal polities. Its position along the Mekong Delta also gives Baeliah access to wet-rice cultivation and a primitive irrigation system.
Brief Description of your nation's government: Paramount Chieftain originally came to his position because of his strength, charisma and potency. He is highly respected because of these attributes and he is usually succeeded by the firstborn son.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: Baeliah's populace is generally divided into the elites, ordinary citizens, and slaves, who normally become such because of unpaid debts.

RP Example: None :( Newbie
Let Justice Be Done, Though the Heavens Fall.
My enemy, my enemy
The thunder's eyes glare
Shining
Tearing apart the layered clouds
The disaster wakes
Lightning indignant
This life is brilliant
Quiet your heart
Please bear it there

Karelli
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karelli » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Nation Name:The Kingdom of Kuritagira
Capital City:Palapikiri
Government Type:Tribal kingdom
Head of State:Kamehameha Kuritagira
Claimed Territory:North Island of New Zealand (Provide a detailed description, or preferred, a map)
State/National Religion:Polytheism
Dominant Religion:Polytheism
Minority Religion(s):Animism
Population:212,000 (Please keep realistic...)
Military Organization:Warriors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mere_(weapon)
Military Size:2,500
Fleet Size:Many small canoes for exploration.
National Flag:Non (Put in a spoiler.)
Primary Culture:Kuritangira (Primary culture/linguistic group)
Accepted Cultures:Kuritangira
Primary Import(s):N/A
Primary Export(s):N/W
Trade Policy:Free trade (Free trade, for example.)
Civil Freedoms:4, the system is very similar to Ancient Sparta.

Brief Description of your nation's History: Kuritangirans are the product of a mixing of strange White men and the native Tribe known as Pulrichaniki. The tribe's sons and daughters felt alienated from the original tribe and broke away from the mother tribe, sailing north to North island. Life was hard amongst the warring tribes that surrounded them, but 1,000 years later, an ancient king conquered these tribes and utterly destroyed the enemy. Once that had been done, farming could take place allowing the kingdom to grow, life on the rocky mountainous island was tough and many starved, but eventually things changed...

Brief Description of your nation's economy:Bartering is the official currency.

Brief Description of your nation's government:The government consists of a tribal council, which has 5 members from the most important parts of the tribe. They speak and advise the king on the state of his land and the best course of action.

Brief Description of your nation's populace:Kuritangirans share the physical characteristics of Northern Europeans and Maoris, this strange mixture has granted the Kuritangiran people beneits, the Maori genetics allow for extreme muscle mass in a short period of time and the Europeans allow for strong resistence to cold.

About the history, kuritangira actually came into contact with White men over 3,000 years earlier who bred with the original tribe before disappearing along with the original tribe. This caused a new generation of the tribe who are mixed race but are more on the Polynesian side of things.

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Population... The earlier ones were in the millions, the later ones in the hundreds of thousands.... Which fit the standards/reasoning of the OP and the Co-OPs?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am

Galnius wrote:-

Mmm, fine, I think. Just fill in the WIPs.
Aldelxane wrote:
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Eziwa
Capital City: Ozgleda
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Head of State: King Pawesan Elbari
Claimed Territory: http://i.imgur.com/8OtKbpF.png
State/National Religion: Velza
Dominant Religion: Velza
Minority Religion(s): Tribal Polytheism
Population: 3.2 million
Military Organization:
Military Size: 34,000
Fleet Size: 50 Sailboats
National Flag:
(Image)
Primary Culture: Eziwan
Accepted Cultures: Various tribal cultures
Primary Import(s): Gold, Silver, Pottery
Primary Export(s): Grain, Timber, Fish
Trade Policy: What's been invented at this point...
Civil Freedoms: Murder and theft are outlawed, as is slavery. Marriage on equal terms is a part of the Velza religion. Execution for murder is carried out swiftly with a spear thrust. Eziwa has a complex court system comprised of lords, however the King can pardon trouble makers. Outside of established crimes and the higher ranks of the hierarchy, people are allowed to work at whatever job they want, and ascend until they reach the beginning of the nobility.
Brief Description of your nation's History:
In circa 2500 BCE, groups of hunter-gatherer tribes began to coalesce into farming communities and fishing villages. As many gravitated to the rich land around the lake, people speaking many different languages and of many cultures from the surrounding region arrived and settled. By 1700 BCE, the Eziwan linguistic group had formed, and in 1678 BCE a powerful chieftain by the name of Elbari united the various villages around the lake, established a capitol in Ozgleda on the northeastern edge of the lake and beginning the Elbari dynasty.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: The economy is largely made up of fishing and agriculture. Ironworking peoples from the Eastern Niger had spread to the area near the lake by 1800 BCE, and iron mining and working are prized in the villages that possess the resource. Much of the trade to other civilizations in imports and exports travels up and down the Nile river.
Brief Description of your nation's government:
The nation is ruled first by the King, who has supreme rule. Religious leaders have little power, as Velza is largely a worship of life and of the lake. Various village chieftains have small amounts of power, and pledge themselves to serve the King. The military is headed directly by the King, and royals are trained in warfare Brief Description of your nation's populace:
With the spread of farming, ironworking, fishing, and writing, the populace is largely content for the time being. Literacy has begun to spread, but outside of the capitol most are still content to fish and farm. People have gathered and domesticate and breed zebras and elephants since 2000 BCE, making life easier as the now domesticated animals can be used for farming and transportation.
RP Example: Part of HoM at end

Fine, though what is meant by sailboats?
Bujahla wrote:-

Not really any problems, though India is not trading with anybody right now.
Alecto wrote:-

Claims must be much smaller, as well as population; I believe it was not until the early medieval ages that all that land added together neared half a million, which is saying something, because unlike the Mediterranean, the pop never dropped with the Roman Empire's fall.
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:-

Ja. I mean, you're co-op. (though Bujah is too)
The Akasha Colony wrote:-

Fine, except pop... the highest in the world atm is me, at around 4 mil (give or take a few thousand?) and though I am thinking of editing my app to lower it, the pop will be dropping from 4 mil dramatically anyway. 4.2 is a bit much unless you plan to essentially collapse your civilization fairly soon.

Karelli wrote:-

Basically acceptable, but Europeans? No.

It seems few got the memo to
HorusLand wrote:Spoiler your app!
Last edited by Alleniana on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

The JVP
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The JVP » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am

Nation Name: Yongwangguk
Capital City: Do-Neuk
Government Type: Gosei Monarcy
Head of State: Gil Ra-im
Claimed Territory: http://imgur.com/6FRSkrw (Provide a detailed description, or preferred a map)
State/National Religion: N/A
Dominant Religion: N/A
Minority Religion(s): N/A
Population: 2.5 Million (Please keep realistic...)
Military Organization: Professional/Levied
Military Size: 4,000 standing/ 500 Royal Guard/ Levied
Fleet Size: 120 with 20 more planned at RP start
National Flag: Green war time flag, but no flag for the nation (Put in a spoiler.)
Primary Culture: I mixture of cultures from Japan China, and the Philippines, But still heavy on the Korean Culture and of the many other Korean kingdoms around it.
Linguistic Group: Hangul (in the Agglutinative Family, and takes some words from her trading partners)
(Primary culture/linguistic group)
Accepted Cultures: Japanese/Chinese/Filipino
Primary Import(s): pottery, Tea, rice, spices, fine goods
Primary Export(s): crops, stone tools, greenstone ornaments, Early bronze objects, red-burnished pottery, and polished ground stone weapons
Trade Policy: Free trade with already set up trade partners. (Free trade, for example.)
Civil Freedoms: Basic state laws, some laws borrowed from Japan, some from China. But everyone knows their place in the Kingdom. Equal rights for all men and Women.

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Gil Kingdom came into power during the late 1700 BCE, and has been expanding her borders to unite the Korean People into the Gosei Oukoku or Five Star Kingdom. Stopping them is the Gorma Tribes of Central Korea and the Shurs Kingdom of Northern Korea/Manchuria.
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Yongwangguk is an economic power in the terms of lush farm lands and great local fishing spots. These claims are In Korea only, and do not extend to her local trading area. Textile, metal working, Shipbuilding, wood cutting, jewelry making, and mining are but a few of what makes Yongwangguk a rich power. Her investing in the Art’s, Schools, the study of the stars is among a few of her pet projects to which she takes so much pride in.
Along with rich trade among her trading Partners, Yongwangguk has many booming ports, as ships from Japan heading to China will dock for resupplying, and likewise on their return trips, and at any given time, her ports can be filled with the sounds of the many languages that come with the many nations she trades with.

Brief Description of your nation's government: The Yongwangguk Government is a Five Star Monarchy. A Child is handpicked by the former ruler (Mainly a child of theirs, but a low born has sat on the throne a few times.) and shadows the King or Queen for the rest of that rulers life. Learning from them, soaking in the knowledge passed down by many leaders before. And when that child reaches their tenth birthday, they are crowned Prince or Princess and become heir to the throne.
Brief Description of your nation's populace: A mixture of other Asian nations along the port cities (Trade nations) That quickly switches to a majority Korean populace as you move north

429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:24 am

Alleniana wrote:Fine, except pop... the highest in the world atm is me, at around 4 mil (give or take a few thousand?) and though I am thinking of editing my app to lower it, the pop will be dropping from 4 mil dramatically anyway. 4.2 is a bit much unless you plan to essentially collapse your civilization fairly soon.

The historical Shang Dynasty reached an estimated population of 13.5 million, while during the time of the Xia Dynasty before them, the population already numbered 4 million. Comparatively, the Indus Valley Civilization only reached five million over a much wider area, an area larger than we are allowed to claim. The Shang Dynasty also controlled a larger area (although the Xia did not), but even a fraction of this area would still yield a population of millions.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 am

Aldelxane wrote:Population... The earlier ones were in the millions, the later ones in the hundreds of thousands.... Which fit the standards/reasoning of the OP and the Co-OPs?

As I quoted earlier, the Indus Valley Civilization has perhaps 5 mil at its peak, which is very close to the period in which we are RPing. Ancient Egypt at this time has around 3 mil. However, Scandinavia in the year 1000 AD probably only had about 1 million. It all depends on location and size.
The JVP wrote:-

Mmm... fine, but Philippines ma be a bit far.

The Akasha Colony wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Fine, except pop... the highest in the world atm is me, at around 4 mil (give or take a few thousand?) and though I am thinking of editing my app to lower it, the pop will be dropping from 4 mil dramatically anyway. 4.2 is a bit much unless you plan to essentially collapse your civilization fairly soon.

The historical Shang Dynasty reached an estimated population of 13.5 million, while during the time of the Xia Dynasty before them, the population already numbered 4 million. Comparatively, the Indus Valley Civilization only reached five million over a much wider area, an area larger than we are allowed to claim. The Shang Dynasty also controlled a larger area (although the Xia did not), but even a fraction of this area would still yield a population of millions.

Due to historical factors from before 1500 BC, which it would be unfair to apply to an AH world. Populations will be based purely on the the fertility of the land, and I can assure you that the Shandong peninsula would not be considered the most fertile land in the world.

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:37 am

So, if you're ignoring historical precedent, now you're just being arbitrary. On top of that, it seems like you're abusing your co-OP status to give yourself the largest population and arbitrarily put everyone else down.
National Anthem:
Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:47 am

Great Houses of Xie wrote:So, if you're ignoring historical precedent, now you're just being arbitrary. On top of that, it seems like you're abusing your co-OP status to give yourself the largest population and arbitrarily put everyone else down.

If you want to follow historical timelines up to now, then we can hardly play as anything we are, can we? I'd have to be the 1500 BC IVC, Akasha would have to be historical Shang dynasty, etc. We are assuming that history has not nearly gone the same way it did before 1500 BC, but we have only begun RPing here. Arbitrary?
" Populations will be based purely on the the fertility of the land"
Abuse? Oh, really.

"and though I am thinking of editing my app to lower it, the pop will be dropping from 4 mil dramatically anyway."
As I said, 4.2 million is perfectly fine if it will not grow very much after we begin for a long time, for balance purposes

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:21 am

As pointed out, the fertility of China is obviously demonstrated by the aforementioned historical precedent. In the same way you continually point out that other people are somehow limited in their population by precedent and using supposed fertility values, it looks as though Akasha pointed out that China should have a far larger population.

Then, the arbitrariness comes in where you say it's fine that you can have the largest population, yet, for some reason (falsely citing a lack of fertility), Akasha can't. This also ignores Redemption's 4.75 million population, further demonstrating the arbitrary nature of the decision to bludgeon Akasha into lowering his population.
Last edited by Great Houses of Xie on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem:

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:27 am

All accepted minus Akasha and Alecto. Alecto, your land needs to be much, much smaller. Think of the Benelux as a max. area. Akasha, I'll kindly ask you to provide some proof that your area would have such a population at that time.

Caltarania wrote:Whelp, I'm gonna get Rofl stomped in a matter of minutes... >.>

'Twas yer decision.
Last edited by Horusland on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Great Houses of Xie
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Houses of Xie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:52 am

The Akasha Colony wrote:

Proof right here ^.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Dynasty And then a map showing that Akasha's claims are within Shang Dynasty bounds and along the extremely fertile Yellow River.
National Anthem:

Most Popular Song:
Ikenai Borderline

EDOC Anthem:
Shoujou yo Ugate

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:56 am

Great Houses of Xie wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:

Proof right here ^.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang_Dynasty And then a map showing that Akasha's claims are within Shang Dynasty bounds and along the extremely fertile Yellow River.

I can't find any population-related number in there. Mind helping me a bit? :P
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Connori Pilgrims
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Connori Pilgrims » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:02 am

Alleniana wrote:
Great Houses of Xie wrote:So, if you're ignoring historical precedent, now you're just being arbitrary. On top of that, it seems like you're abusing your co-OP status to give yourself the largest population and arbitrarily put everyone else down.

If you want to follow historical timelines up to now, then we can hardly play as anything we are, can we? I'd have to be the 1500 BC IVC, Akasha would have to be historical Shang dynasty, etc. We are assuming that history has not nearly gone the same way it did before 1500 BC, but we have only begun RPing here. Arbitrary?
" Populations will be based purely on the the fertility of the land"
Abuse? Oh, really.

"and though I am thinking of editing my app to lower it, the pop will be dropping from 4 mil dramatically anyway."
As I said, 4.2 million is perfectly fine if it will not grow very much after we begin for a long time, for balance purposes

My two cents on this:

If people wanted to play as anything they wanted, then arguing about limits at all makes little sense, as we all know what people really want...

Historicity is our best guide really, as it has some factual basis and logic that no one can call arbitrary behind it. Otherwise I should've just voted for fantasy animals.

Also, if we follow this limit of fertility, then that guy in Gibraltar and others with really, really small and poor lands may have problems...
LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU. HATE.

Overview of the United Provinces of Connorianople (MT)
FT - United Worlds of Connorianople/The Connori Pilgrims
MT-PMT - United Provinces of Connorianople
PT (19th-Mid-20th Century) - Republic of Connorianople/United States of America (1939 World of Tomorrow RP)
FanT - The Imperium Fremen

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse