NATION

PASSWORD

Hidden Origins [OOC/Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Calces millia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Finished my app, you maybe want to see it now.
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."
- FMA: Brotherhood

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Calces millia wrote:Finished my app, you maybe want to see it now.

Approved. Nicely done!

For all would be prospects and admitted players, a few more players (particulatly manticore or abstergo) and I can launch the IC :3

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:44 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Calces millia wrote:Finished my app, you maybe want to see it now.

Approved. Nicely done!

For all would be prospects and admitted players, a few more players (particulatly manticore or abstergo) and I can launch the IC :3

Yay!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Color motif. Black and white as well as red and gold.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Bumpity bump.

I'll add the accepted people tomorrow when I get back home.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Bumpity bump.

Anything else I should add to my bio?
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:42 pm

I prodded some peoples. I'll do it again if I see them. :p
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

I prodded some peoples. I'll do it again if I see them. :p

Awesome :hug:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Anything else I should add to my bio?

Uh yeah... why Seattle? Thats not explained, its very vague.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Character Name and/or Codename: Caleb "Cal" Tanner; (Badge No. 4127)

Appearance: At a height of 5'10", Cal weighs 150 pounds and sports a frame that is just on the border of medium. No identifiable marks, but is generally well-kept amongst the SPD's base of officers.

Affiliation: Seattle Police Department (Officer); potential Eyes Only supporter
Special Abilities/Area of Expertise: "White Knight" officer from the vastly-extinct era of professionalism with the SPD, meaning an inert knowledge of common behaviors and code-usage amongst police forces. Inertly interested in firearms, though his expertise is not incredible nor commonly-practiced. Semi-experienced in the use of a baton, considering its common use in the daily life of an officer.

Short Bio:
Born in the May of 1990 to 2'nd Generation Irish parents, Caleb generally didn't get along with his parents on most of the smaller things in life. His elementary days were just about the only days that he got along with them; his father always wanted a masculine son, who would find a nice Irish girl and settle down in Seattle to overtake the family's independent general store, and his mother wasn't far-off either. Once the age of 11 hit, two major had occurred: the September 11'th attacks, and the striking of his teenage years. While his friends took on sports and talked about how they'd love to be soldiers fighting the terrorists, Caleb never took on anything more than a casual interest in football and watched the police with incredible interest (a Seattle precinct being right down the street didn't help things).

And while his father was initially excited with Caleb's interest in a 'masculine' position, he did not find it exciting when Caleb started to think seriously about becoming a police officer instead of taking interest in manly DIY crafting. Nor when Caleb "exchanged (his) perfectly good" name for 'Cal', or spent Freshman schoolnights with friends in Fremont watching "those crazy bastards, running around dressed like idiots". Sure, Cal brought home decent/good grades, but skirting in Psychology and Theatre classes instead of Tech and Shop classes didn't bring much pleasure. With a mother desperately wanting a "normal" son and a father wanting a hairy-chested, axe-wielding Irish family man, Cal got little ear and a lot of yelling with each decision he made.

It seemed to reach a head when his parents told him at age 15 he should seriously think about bringing home an Irish girl, and to start taking more interest in dating. Ironic, considering the parents of his friends were yelling at them to bring home fewer girls. Underneath pressure, he brought one home the night before prom: she was out of the relationship the next day before the event, with Cal skipping out to go spend the night in Fremont. The incident stuck for the rest of his highschool days.

Cal having a slightly whimsical personality alongside of an odd combination of shyness and sense of duty didn't win him any prizes from his parents, though they gradually laid down arms and wished him well when he went to the University of Washington. Sure, it wasn't on a business degree, and he didn't join ROTC or the military in general, but his dream of being a police officer came with the strange dual-condition of his father's request that Cal be the burliest cowboy-officer in the history of the West, and his mother's that he not get into any dangerous situations. He 'accepted' both.

A four-year criminal justice degree was a relatively enjoyable, if difficult, achievement for him, and soon the SPD had about half as much interest in him as he had for the agency. He joined at 21 as a part-time cadet, and later a full-time officer at 22. Initially, his incredibly-active sense placed him on the right track: diligence lead him to being placed in line for the possibility of promotion to Detective, perhaps even Sergeant in less than a few years time. A supportive partner, an experienced Sergeant with the department, helped leaps and bounds. And with his parents only concerned about the lack of Irish girls around his arm, life seemed to be looking up.

Well, that was until the terror attack knocked out nearly every semblance of normal life. For those first few months, everything went down south quickly. Communications in the department itself broke down and had to be modified quickly, even without considering the city's issues. Anarchists, whom had already been causing enough troubles before the attacks, made life awful for police officers over the course of that period. The original list of 58 historical causalities before the terror attacks rose to 70 by November of 2015. Experienced officers were resigning to care for their own families as martial law started to take hold, and the role of the SPD shifted from Law Enforcement to Occupational Force. New recruits had their training cut down drastically to accompany the need for new officers. Ethical standards followed the next hour.

By the time 2016 rolled around, most everyone from the 'Glory Days' of the Department were gone. Those who were left relied on previously-unconstitutional methods of violence, were lazy in their behaviors, or were downright corrupt and sold Department equipment to those who provided more money than what the Department now paid. Cal suddenly felt outcast: an officer who kept his uniform in-shape, who diligently carried out his duties and attempted to uphold the law for everyone, who filed complaints about fellow officers that never even got a peak once they hit the desk of his new Lieutenant. Instead of a promotion, Cal started getting the worst shifts possible.

The new ghettos of Seattle didn't bode well for him, nor did his new partner. Neither did the next partner after that, when the first replacement was killed by someone for running ammunition as a side job; Cal always suspected that it was another officer in the Department. He became blacksheeped, and eventually he started working as a solo officer when his next partner got sent to a more pristine sector. Eventually, his methods started to become more and more unorthodox to compensate. There were laws in-place baring the ownership and purchase of firearms, but an old friend who once worked the Anti-Gang Task Force now ironically selling guns out of a backalley shack did give him better choice than the Department did. Besides, it wasn't like other officers didn't do it: it was just that Cal always tried to shut down the guys who sold to just about anyone.

But with his parent's gradually turning their store into a mini-fortress after a nearly-successful robbery/arson, Cal's own apartment building, the 1400-address on Terry Avenue in Sector 11, gradually breaking down and seeing more and more people attempting to break in to make a home in the hallways, and the once-proud city just generally falling apart, Cal has been gradually strained in terms of his emotions. Feelings of isolation from his 'fellow' officers, rejection by those he'd sworn to protect while in uniform, the desires for a return to the world that once was: it's enough to make anyone want to start a revolution.

This isn't necessarily helped by the fact that Cal's meetings with his former partner have revealed information about an organization known as 'Eyes Only', which Cal has pinpointed as beginning to catch his interest. But nowadays, who can he trust anyways? Walking on a tightrope between worlds, with everyone wanting something that'll hurt someone that Cal wants to save: it's enough to make anyone feel divided.

RP Example: If you need more, just ask
App Reference: 9991
Last edited by Erucia on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Erucia wrote:your app.

Damn thats good. I like him! Accepted!

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Erucia wrote:your app.

Damn thats good. I like him! Accepted!

Ta!

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Welcome!

Okay im launching the IC tomorrow day or evening... depends how early I get home. We have enough chars for some interesting dynamics but I'll be adding an Abstergo char ro even the plane field some. Maybe Manticore, Im undecided.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Since it's slow posting and I don't think there'd be a lot of simultaneous action, I could make one of whichever faction you don't do, if you want, Mincal. Or...wait...wasn't Whittington going to make a Manticore character? I dunno. I guess I'll wait and see.
mumblemumblemumble

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Since it's slow posting and I don't think there'd be a lot of simultaneous action, I could make one of whichever faction you don't do, if you want, Mincal. Or...wait...wasn't Whittington going to make a Manticore character? I dunno. I guess I'll wait and see.

Maybe I should change my character to Manticore-aligned?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Since it's slow posting and I don't think there'd be a lot of simultaneous action, I could make one of whichever faction you don't do, if you want, Mincal. Or...wait...wasn't Whittington going to make a Manticore character? I dunno. I guess I'll wait and see.

I'll need an Assassin Order char if you won't mind :)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:

I'll need an Assassin Order char if you won't mind :)

Sure! One app coming right up. I'll have it done before I go to sleep tonight. :D
mumblemumblemumble

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Yo', Min: here's the Seattle Police Department Faction write-up I promised.

Faction/Business Name: Seattle Police Department
Type of Organization: Law Enforcement Agency (Municipal)
Origins:
Years in Operation: 130 years
Primary Goals:
1.) Maintain the existence of the SPD.
2.) Eliminate subversive elements, such as Eyes Only.
Secondary Goals:
1.) Maintain law and order.
Reason(s) for being in Seattle: The Seattle Police Department is the principle law enforcement agency located in the city of Seattle. It is responsible for enforcing law within the city and its subsequent boroughs, or at least it's supposed to. Nowadays, it's just trying to maintain its existence in the wake of the worst funding drop in its history.
History of Business/Organization: Established in 1886 as the replacement for the traditional town marshal and the need for a multi-officer law enforcement agency, the Seattle Police Department was once a proud and prosperous agency. It held a checkered history: it was a nationally-accredited agency (ironically) with a dark history of misconduct, the worst being identified by the US Justice Department in 2011 as having constitutional violations on its use of force. Its officers varied like those out of any major city's department, going between highly professional and highly inappropriate in behavior.

However, the 2015 Terror Attacks struck the department hard: the city's government immediately reallocated funding away from the department in order to compensate the need for replacing destroyed electronics equipment, all while anarchism and looting struck the streets in mere minutes. A total loss of communications for nearly days meant individual precincts were forced to rely on runners, and officers began to take the law into their own hands: as a result, dozens of people were killed or wounded during the first month following the attack. Struggling in its new position, the department immediately was forced to cut pay and several officers. Much of the department's routine and behavior changed, letting go of its role of upholding law and order for all and simply becoming an occupational force.

Its resources initially countered violent anarchists who attempted to stake their own claims in the city, with firearms often being the deciding factor in the SPD's favor. Massive forces of unmanned drones were deployed to keep consistent watch over important areas of the city, which were generally decided by the amount of tax revenue and 'donations' that went towards the department. The department's SWAT team was on a 24/7 shift, deploying as an anti-looter squad. Officers constantly had their hands resting on their sidearms and shotguns.

Of course, but a few months changed that with a quickness. The dangers of the new ghettos meant that officers were routinely being wounded or even killed, and thus restrictions and standards on recruitment dropped as fast as the paycheck. The issuing of new equipment was cut down to the very basics: sidearm, handcuffs, baton, and taser, if an officer was lucky. Thus, officers began to partake in more illegal activities to keep doing their jobs: purchasing now-illegal firearms from backroom dealers, collecting protection money from policed neighborhoods, stealing belongings from suspects, and a slew of other offenses. The worst was that officers weren't trialed or even taken aside for their actions: they were too valuable, and too needed. Besides, the city couldn't pay them enough to compensate their work.

Most officers eventually became divided on the issue: either they didn't take an issue, or they resigned as a result of the stigma that the Department soon gathered. This further lead to a nonchalant view on corruption and unconstitutional actions in the department, which came to a head with the resignation of the previous Chief of Police following a mental breakdown. By the beginning of 2016, most of the department's veteran personnel had either been killed or resigned.

Currently, the official goal of the Seattle Police Department seemingly is entirely inapplicable: "The Maintenance of Law and Order" is neglected and negated by most officers within vast portions of the city, short of wholesale armed robbery or fighting. Many criminal groups work in-cooperation with individual officers to (ironically) supply equipment for the Department at reduced prices, since all legal channels are either nonexistent or unaffordable due to the Department's budget. Since most officers nowadays work on an individual basis in order to "Maintain Law and Order", they usually simply work towards their own ends. The only one that the Department really cares about anymore is their own survival, which includes the need to prevent corruption from being uncovered.
App Reference: 9997
Last edited by Erucia on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Eru, thats amazing. Great work! I'll add this when I return home. Terranova family and SPD should have interesting interactions, I hazard a guess :P :lol:

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:47 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Eru, thats amazing. Great work! I'll add this when I return home. Terranova family and SPD should have interesting interactions, I hazard a guess :P :lol:

Should be; I was actually thinking about that while writing. Ta!

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:04 am

Min, is it ok now?
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:Min, is it ok now?

Now that's conflict of interest. Good. Accepted.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:20 am

Character Name and/or Codename: Angelique Tate
Appearance:
+ 5'11" 152 lbs. In keeping with her faction's philosophy, she has no identifying marks.
Affiliation: Assassin Order
Special Abilities/Area of Expertise: Close-quarter combat with knives. Expert pistol marksmanship.
Short Bio:
A French-American, Angelique was born on September 26th, 1986 in New Haven, Connecticut. Early on in her childhood, she was doted on by both her parents. Unfortunately that lasted only a few years, as her parents died in an IRA car bombing intended for a vacationing Irish politician. After that, she was taken in by her father's mother, who lived in Bainbridge Island, not far from Seattle. She spent the rest of her upbringing there, supporting herself through a sports scholarship - cross-country and volleyball - through the University of Washington. While it was a decent and relatively happy one, the hole left by the loss of her parents festered. Even as she kept her head down and seemed well-adjusted under her grandmother's care, she dreamed of being able to avenge her parents. The secret single focus led to her becoming quite adept at dodging romantic overtures and in fact social outings of all types, to the point where she earned the moniker "Ghost Girl" as much for her extremely pale skin as for the fact that she could never be seen outside her dorm room, except for sports.

Four years, a CIA internship, and a degree in international studies later, she applied for a Staff Operations Officer position at CIA headquarters. With the recommendation of her internship supervisor and a pass on all phases of the interview process, she got in, but was sent to the working group to counter al-Qaeda, as September 11th had already happened. She bided her time for six years, until she managed to secure enough resources to forge a clearance authorization for the members of the IRA cell, most of whom had now renounced terrorism and retired. From there, it was a simple matter to arrange a vacation of her own. Upon touchdown in Ireland, she went about systematically locating, confirming, and finishing the four Irishmen. That was the only occasion on which she made her kills clearly personal, but it was her first step into the world of assassination. It was getting herself back, successful and unscathed by the Garda Siochana and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, that first attracted the attention of the Order. She was approached by an Order representative and spent the next two and a half years training and traveling on missions for them. Her return to Seattle for her grandmother's funeral coincided with the terrorist EMP attack, and she remains there in one side of a duplex at the corner of 5th Avenue North and Boston Street in Sector 9, while she awaits her next assignment.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=196687&p=10831953#p10831953, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=196687&p=11671924#p11671924
mumblemumblemumble

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Character Name and/or Codename: Helena Schweimer Collins
Appearance: Helena
Affiliation: (Civilian, Manticore, Cop, etc. etc.) Varies from time to time, however she 'likes' Eyes Only slightly more.
Special Abilities/Area of Expertise: (if any, nothing overpowered) Talk, diplomacy, chantage, deceit and politics. Knows quite well in evolutionary biology and economics. Very good strategist and a powerful ally to have.
Short Bio: (Required, no exceptions. Include character personality and quirks, you know - a bio) Helena was born into a house of efficient economists, powerful politicians and genius scientists. Obviously genetics did their part in creating Helena the way she is- a very successful EU diplomat to the US. Helena and her family were moderately hit by the terrorist attack, but Helena saw this as an opportunity to push herself into the highest possible position she could achieve. But, as the EU was hit very hard by the terrorist attack, she became a British diplomat instead. Helena always does her best to get her way, be it through untruth and deceit, or diplomacy and gifts. She was sent to Seattle, living in a very well-off apartment, she's sort of just there whenever she doesn't have any work. Her main goal is to slowly bend the third world US under the Europe and its allies, one of the reasons she's a secret but not very strong at all supporter of Eyes Only.
RP Example: (Physical link to post required please.) The weather looks nice

Only slightly more? :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:31 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:
Character Name and/or Codename: Helena Schweimer Collins
Appearance: Helena
Affiliation: (Civilian, Manticore, Cop, etc. etc.) Varies from time to time, however she 'likes' Eyes Only slightly more.
Special Abilities/Area of Expertise: (if any, nothing overpowered) Talk, diplomacy, chantage, deceit and politics. Knows quite well in evolutionary biology and economics. Very good strategist and a powerful ally to have.
Short Bio: (Required, no exceptions. Include character personality and quirks, you know - a bio) Helena was born into a house of efficient economists, powerful politicians and genius scientists. Obviously genetics did their part in creating Helena the way she is- a very successful EU diplomat to the US. Helena and her family were moderately hit by the terrorist attack, but Helena saw this as an opportunity to push herself into the highest possible position she could achieve. But, as the EU was hit very hard by the terrorist attack, she became a British diplomat instead. Helena always does her best to get her way, be it through untruth and deceit, or diplomacy and gifts. She was sent to Seattle, living in a very well-off apartment, she's sort of just there whenever she doesn't have any work. Her main goal is to slowly bend the third world US under the Europe and its allies, one of the reasons she's a secret but not very strong at all supporter of Eyes Only.
RP Example: (Physical link to post required please.) The weather looks nice

Only slightly more? :p

Yes that was quite a stupid mistake.
Political Graph

Erucia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Right...So just to let you all know, I'm going to be leaving about an hour from now and won't be back until maybe past 6:00pm PST.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse