NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Glory (reboot): 1500 alt history rp OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Epraria wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
True enough, though Poland has territories that used to be Lithuanian

True. So i can just rename my nation the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth if i want?

yes

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Epraria wrote:True. So i can just rename my nation the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth if i want?

yes

Do you mean in the app or IC?
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Kayana
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kayana » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Didn't know!

History: In it's early years, Latvia was very little than a dream, these lands were divided between warring princes, struggling for control over minuscule territories, however, despite this - Latvia has persevered, fending off enemies who believed themselves superior, technologically and numerically. All of whom had been driven from these lands, for Latvians have never been submissive, they have been faced with conflict and hardship their entire history and refuse to be put down by their more powerful foes.

NOT A COPY!

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Epraria wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
yes

Do you mean in the app or IC?

Both.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Kayana wrote:Didn't know!

History: In it's early years, Latvia was very little than a dream, these lands were divided between warring princes, struggling for control over minuscule territories, however, despite this - Latvia has persevered, fending off enemies who believed themselves superior, technologically and numerically. All of whom had been driven from these lands, for Latvians have never been submissive, they have been faced with conflict and hardship their entire history and refuse to be put down by their more powerful foes.

NOT A COPY!

What territories does this Latvia control? Because Lithuania is in the interests of Poland.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Epraria wrote:

NOT A COPY!

What territories does this Latvia control? Because Lithuania is in the interests of Poland.

I fear that Scotland might've created a fill-in-the-blank for everyone

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm

How's this? Sorry if I'm overstepping it with the Swiss Guard, I'll edit if I have too:

Nation name: Papal States

Ruler: Pope Alexander VI (Rodrigo de Lanzol-Borgia*)

Religion: Roman Catholic

Population: ~850,000

Military Numbers: 1%** (8,500)

Main focus: The expansion of Christianity over the world, consolidation of Central Italy under the rule of the Pope

History of your nation: The Papal States started as a default position for the people of Rome. After the a failed attempt by the Byzantines in the 6th century to conquer Italy, the Pope was the largest landholder in Central Italy. With the support of the people, the Popes took secular control of Central Italy in order to keep the Lombards from expanding. Later, with the help of the French, the Papacy managed to crush the Lombards and gain control of the some of the lands formerly controlled by Byzantium. Political troubles in Rome and the various lands under Papal control forced the Papacy to live in France for a short time.

Soon enough, the absentee Papacy recognized it waning power in central Italy and moved towards military conquest. Cardinal Egidio Albornoz then lead a mercenary army with the support of the Duke of Milan and reconquered the lost Papal lands. Though much of the Papal States was still contested, the Constitutiones Sanctæ Matris Ecclesiæ was written and the Law of the Papal States was established, legitimatizing the secular rule of the Pope.

Recently, the Pope is still directing armies of mercenaries to put down the prince-states that spring up within the Papal States and is mostly concerned with the consolidation of Roma

State culture: Italian Catholic

Other:
Prince-States within the Papal States:

Religion: Roman Catholic (nominal)

Population: ~30,000

Military Number: 5% (1,500)

Culture: Italian

*fyi, this is the Borgia Pope from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, this is the correct time frame for him

**The Swiss Guard are to be considered separate from the normal troops of the Papacy and only get involved in battles in which the Pope is involved personally. They number 150 and are very much the exemplars of quality-over-quantity. They will come into existence in 1505 at the latest. The Papacy still needs to write the contract with the Swiss confederation for a permanent Swiss Guard currently, and, until they are made, any Swiss mercenaries are to be considered the same as any other mercenary force.
Last edited by Puerto Tyranus on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
-Commander William Adama
I'm Roman Catholic, so there's that. If you have any questions about what Roman Catholicism really does, I guess I can help. You should probably go to a priest to ask, but I know some things.
Total Population: 1,103,000,000
Criminals: 49,954,494
Elderly, Disabled, & Retirees: 144,083,650
Military & Reserves: 110,182,685
Students and Youth: 195,506,750
Unemployed but Able: 121,075,077
Working Class: 482,197,344
Defcon: 3

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Nation name: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Ruler: King Bolesław III

Religion: Catholicism

Population: 6 million

Military Numbers: 50,000

Main focus: Retake the Lithuanian homelands and ensure Polish dominance in the region.

History of your nation: The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was born out of the Union between the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. This Union would eventually lead to the unification of the two states in 1434. While a Young nation it quickly proved itself strong when it defeated the Teutonic order and forced it to the Baltic's and into the Lithuanian heartland. Now the Commonwealth stands ready to retake the homeland of Lithuania and completely unite itself.

State culture: Polish and Lithuanian.

Other: Poland can into Space. Also it's a clear alt-hist.
Myansaland wrote:

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Epraria wrote:Nation name: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Ruler: King Bolesław III

Religion: Catholicism

Population: 6 million

Military Numbers: 50,000

Main focus: Retake the Lithuanian homelands and ensure Polish dominance in the region.

History of your nation: The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was born out of the Union between the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. This Union would eventually lead to the unification of the two states in 1434. While a Young nation it quickly proved itself strong when it defeated the Teutonic order and forced it to the Baltic's and into the Lithuanian heartland. Now the Commonwealth stands ready to retake the homeland of Lithuania and completely unite itself.

State culture: Polish and Lithuanian.

Other: Poland can into Space. Also it's a clear alt-hist.

Poland CAN into space!

Accepted

Kayana
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kayana » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Epraria wrote:

NOT A COPY!

Novorogod and Livonia.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Puerto Tyranus wrote:How's this? Sorry if I'm overstepping it with the Swiss Guard, I'll edit if I have too:

Nation name: Papal States

Ruler: Pope Alexander VI (Rodrigo de Lanzol-Borgia*)

Religion: Roman Catholic

Population: ~850,000

Military Numbers: 1%** (8,500)

Main focus: The expansion of Christianity over the world, consolidation of Central Italy under the rule of the Pope

History of your nation: The Papal States started as a default position for the people of Rome. After the a failed attempt by the Byzantines in the 6th century to conquer Italy, the Pope was the largest landholder in Central Italy. With the support of the people, the Popes took secular control of Central Italy in order to keep the Lombards from expanding. Later, with the help of the French, the Papacy managed to crush the Lombards and gain control of the some of the lands formerly controlled by Byzantium. Political troubles in Rome and the various lands under Papal control forced the Papacy to live in France for a short time.

Soon enough, the absentee Papacy recognized it waning power in central Italy and moved towards military conquest. Cardinal Egidio Albornoz then lead a mercenary army with the support of the Duke of Milan and reconquered the lost Papal lands. Though much of the Papal States was still contested, the Constitutiones Sanctæ Matris Ecclesiæ was written and the Law of the Papal States was established, legitimatizing the secular rule of the Pope.

Recently, the Pope is still directing armies of mercenaries to put down the prince-states that spring up within the Papal States and is mostly concerned with the consolidation of Roma

State culture: Italian Catholic

Other:
Prince-States within the Papal States:

Religion: Roman Catholic (nominal)

Population: ~30,000

Military Number: 5% (1,500)

Culture: Italian

*fyi, this is the Borgia Pope from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, this is the correct time frame for him

**The Swiss Guard are to be considered separate from the normal troops of the Papacy and only get involved in battles in which the Pope is involved personally. They number 150 and are very much the exemplars of quality-over-quantity. They will come into existence in 1505 at the latest. The Papacy still needs to write the contract with the Swiss confederation for a permanent Swiss Guard currently, and, until they are made, any Swiss mercenaries are to be considered the same as any other mercenary force.

Il Papa di Romani conduce tutti, you're accepted

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:40 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Epraria wrote:What territories does this Latvia control? Because Lithuania is in the interests of Poland.

I fear that Scotland might've created a fill-in-the-blank for everyone

It has begun.

Mbonzo Mabande
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mbonzo Mabande » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Nation name:Fujiwara Shogunate

Ruler:Fujiwara Kazumo

Religion:Shinto-Buddhism

Population:12,000,000

Military Numbers:550,000

Main focus:To expand Japan's sphere of influence.

History of your nation:
1394-United under Fujiwara
1405-Successful Invasion of Vietnam
1412-Chinese Invasion of Vietnam.Japanese limited to Southern Vietnam
1423-Failed Invasion of Manchuria
1426-Sakhalin Islands invaded and conquered
1437-Major Rebellion in Fukuoka.
1443-Rebellion crushed
1450-Chinese Invade.
1467-Japanese pushed out of Vietnam
1489-Full scale Invasion of Ming China.Failed.
1493-Riots in Kyoto

State culture:Japanese

Other:

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Kayana wrote:
Epraria wrote:What territories does this Latvia control? Because Lithuania is in the interests of Poland.

Novorogod and Livonia.

You're accepted too, since that history, though it feels like a copy of Scotland's, it not wrong. Also, it's clearly not a copy, you said so.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Mbonzo Mabande wrote:

History of your nation:
1443-Rebellion crushed
1450-Chinese Invade.
1493-Riots in Kyoto

Other:

While the history is good, could you please rephrase it into paragraphs?

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kayana wrote:
Novorogod and Livonia.

You're accepted too, since that history, though it feels like a copy of Scotland's, it not wrong. Also, it's clearly not a copy, you said so.

Wait he controls the Novgorod territories on the map?
Myansaland wrote:

Mbonzo Mabande
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mbonzo Mabande » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Mbonzo Mabande wrote:

History of your nation:
1443-Rebellion crushed
1450-Chinese Invade.
1493-Riots in Kyoto

Other:

Sorry,its Tuva SSR

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:43 pm

You know...dealing with how my country get's it's leader is going to be fun...you all get to vote on who it is! 'cept the heathen countries...
At any rate, w00t!
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
-Commander William Adama
I'm Roman Catholic, so there's that. If you have any questions about what Roman Catholicism really does, I guess I can help. You should probably go to a priest to ask, but I know some things.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Epraria wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Wait he controls the Novgorod territories on the map?

Well, it's a bit complicated. The Teutonic Order controls Latvia, but it could also be Latvian rebels gaining freedom. I still need the answer to that so I can categorize it properly.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Puerto Tyranus wrote:You know...dealing with how my country get's it's leader is going to be fun...you all get to vote on who it is! 'cept the heathen countries...
At any rate, w00t!

Let's elect one that's secretly a woman! (Medieval Total War reference)

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:46 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
Puerto Tyranus wrote:You know...dealing with how my country get's it's leader is going to be fun...you all get to vote on who it is! 'cept the heathen countries...
At any rate, w00t!

What a ridiculous premise

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:46 pm

By the way, wasn't the Mughal Empire founded already? If they don't existed here because of the Sassanids, that's fine, but I'm curious.
-Commander William Adama

Mbonzo Mabande
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Mbonzo Mabande » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:47 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Mbonzo Mabande wrote:

History of your nation:
1443-Rebellion crushed
1450-Chinese Invade.
1493-Riots in Kyoto

Other:

Will later.Otherwise,am I accepted?

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:47 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:

What a ridiculous premise

It's up to you guys, I don't get a vote when we determine the next ruler of my nation...my National priorities get to be rapidly shifted hither and tither by the rest of Europe's whims! w00t!
-Commander William Adama

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Mbonzo Mabande wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Will later.Otherwise,am I accepted?

I was skeptical about the population until I looked it up. Yes, you're accepted.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse