NATION

PASSWORD

The Fall of Elfen High (IC, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 pm

William and Hilde climbed onto the Tortoise's back, and they zoomed to Elfen High, appearing there in mere moments. In the way, the Tortoise telepathically updated William and Hilde on the plot twists that had occurred, so they were ready when they arrived...

Then they saw the three Lewises. "I have no idea what the fuck this is." admitted the Tortoise.

Ahead, Zoryana and some Anvari worked together, blasting through the ever increasing Fae armies. The Canadian werewolves were with them, jaws clamping down on throats, blue blood leaking onto the ground.

Astrolinium wrote:Caspian and Peter jumped off the dragon and began immediately began shooting at any nearby Fae soldiers, though Caspian doubted even his anti-angel gun (which was, he thought with a start, now strictly paradoxical) could do much against them.

Then again, the anti-angel guns were now strictly paradoxical (how could they have been made in the far future if angels no longer existed in the present?) and so who could say what the fuck they might do?

He accidentally shot Crowley, the last remaining angel in the world, who gave Caspian a death glare before turning back to dealing with Oberon.

A nearby ISSR soldier, Johnny Foreigner (odd family name with a long history, dating back to a proud Italian immigrant who took on the name because of Peter Dinklage's lesson of "Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.") saw this occur, noted it down in his head, and later became famous for creating the anti-angel gun, which was mostly just a novelty item and of no practical use, until one day Caspian stole it in the far future.

Oberon grabbed one of the three Lewises, the one from Elfen High 1, by the neck. He started to slowly squeeze when he was distracted by a bazooka directly to the face, causing him to let go of that Lewis. Billy, who fired the bazooka, very rapidly stopped being alive after that when Oberon appeared in front of him. His face suddenly went forward, his teeth grabbing Billy's throat, and ripping his neck from the rest of his body.

Holding Billy's head in his left hand, Oberon took occasional bites while watching the events around him. He spoke telepathically. Kronos, how goes your plan?

Just about ready to do it. came the response almost as a telepathic grunt. It was clear that Kronos was devoting his attentions to something else.

The air turned chilly and cold, and a familiar song rang throughout Elfen High. "He's a-coming, do you hear the king?"

The twin moons in the sky began to glow, as did the Earth...

Let's discuss Dyson Spheres.

In theory, a Dyson Sphere is an artificial planet or series of satellites used for people to live within, containing a star within as a power source.

The Fae had repurposed Armenio for this purpose into a miniature Dyson Sphere, as within the moon many of them resided, with only the occasional city on the surface as bases (It may be somewhat cheating to use an existing structure as a Dyson Sphere, but it works the same way, with the star formed by magic but being quite a genuine star). Kronos had used some time capabilities to rapidly advance these cities to a point where people could live - Moscow, in fact, had been transported there ten years ago, the residents converted into useful matter and minions for the Fae. The timey-wimey nature of things due to Kronos made such things odd, but very helpful.

The Dyson Sphere of Armenio suited the Fae, but they needed something a bit more than that for their war against a far greater and stronger force on the horizon. Armenio was also a genuine sphere, which worked in emergencies but would be problematic later. It would need to be fixed. And they had just the thing...

A beam of green light shot from Armenio, connecting to a receiver on Earth's moon. Another beam of light shot from the Hell moon, landing directly upon Earth, striking Oberon. A beam of light shot from Earth's moon, striking Oberon as well. A portal of sorts opened on Armenio, with green light flooding inside, striking the moons across the surface of Hell. The King of the Fae smiled darkly, glowing green.

Below, Kronos focused and meditated. It was almost ready...

Then Elfen High nuked Hell's moon in the face.

Oberon's eyes widened.

Kronos' eyes widened.

On the Earth, looking up, various men and women gasped at the sight of the green light going berserk as Armenio shattered. On the surface of the Heaven continent, a now human Raphael looked up in astonishment, crossing himself. He clasped his hands together, praying emptily.

Oberon roared at Lyra, his face a picture of savage, animalistic fury. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE?" he demanded, his eyes bulging as spit came out of his words with the snarling words. He started to move toward Lyra...

But Kronos could no longer hold his burden. He needed to make do. With a roar, he held up his arms and Oberon suddenly stopped dead cold, green light bursting from his every pore while Armenio's pieces floated in the sky, slamming down toward Earth, the radiation cloud around the planet's entire atmosphere.

They had planned this carefully. But the main link was broken. For this transformation to work, they had needed the moon Armenio, where their sources had been located. But now they were crippled.

Kronos was very, very worried. He had not accounted for this. He had been so busy designing and working his magic that this completely random act had completely stunned him. There had been no way of preparing for it. And now anything could happen.

Realising something, Crowley made a mindless roar and cast a spell across the school and those directly above it...

The world was ending.

The inhabitants of this world were quite aware of this. One of those aware was a young woman named Supriya, watching the destruction happening across them in Leicester. She hid, of course. She had to hide. What could she do other than that?

But she wasn’t alone there. She held the hand of Sameer, and they smiled at each other. “I suppose this is how it is going to end?” she asked sadly. There was no sense in false hope, when life burned around them.

Sameer sighed. “I suppose so.” he said, reflecting. “I guess….I guess I just want more time.”

A kiss on the cheek. “We had some good time as it were.” came the response of his wife. Then there was the explosion in the sky, the second moon ripping apart as they watched in amazement.

They knew they would die, and this explosion had sealed it. On the other hand, it was awe-inspiring. The colours, the sheer insane destruction, the scale of it...It was unimaginable.

It was almost slow, the destruction. Sameer and Supriya had seen nuclear explosions, from tapes of Hiroshima they had watched in school. But it was black and white, and just shown for short times. “God help us.” breathed Sameer, seeing the explosion ripple across that second moon of Hell, destroying it comprehensively in a dazzling display of red and orange and death and pain and awe.

The end was coming. They felt it in their bones. It couldn’t be outfought, it couldn’t be outdone, it couldn’t be outmatched and it couldn’t be outrun.

Supriya squeezed her husband’s hand tighter.

Supriya smiled weakly. “I know two things for sure. One is this. I love you.”

“I love you too.” said Sameer. “What’s the second?”

“You just said it.”

They kissed each other, slowly and passionately, knowing it would be their last.

Then the world died.

There had been plans put in motion for some time now. There were threats to the Fae, though it was difficult to imagine what they were. And Oberon had taken all these things into account as he worked on a plan.

There were things threatening the Fae, yes. They linked back to a tree. The World Tree, standing in the centre of all the Omniverse. All its realities, all its alternate paths, all of time and space and possibility and imagination and existence. In short, everything.

The Dyson Sphere, a series of satellites, is generally meant to utilise the sun. However, for his purposes, Oberon required a different source of power.

Oberon meant, as he always did, to challenge the World Tree, to use its power. It was the nexus of the Omniverse, a place whereupon he could dominate everything to his will. He would be the truest God that way, in control of all there ever was and would be. And he had been very, very close...

Then, it's worth restating, Elfen High had nuked the moon directly in the face. And that sheer and completely unexpected event had entirely warped what Oberon had intended to do.

Kronos made do. But the moon of Armenio had been a radically important receiver. Blood burst from Kronos' eyes as our universe reshaped itself. A green wave travelled across Hell and Earth, vaporising what it touched and taking something else...

Death gasped.

It was...worried. Very worried and very concerned. There had been billions of deaths just now. No. Trillions of them. Every non-Fae life on Hell and Earth had just died. Humans, demons, dogs, cats, insects, dwarves, gods, aliens, Indians and all the assortment of strange creatures in those universes.

But they did not stand before it. They did not stand before it at all.

Where were those souls?

No. There was life. Just some, just some scatterings, but there was life...Elfen High. Elfen High lived.

The Universe was created. This will make a lot of people very unhappy and will be generally regarded as a bad move.

Crowley’s eyes burned when he opened them, just an unimaginable blue light blinding him. The light faded in seconds, but dark memories were in his mind. Memories of the Gotterdammerung. Previously, Merlin, Kronos, Ganesh and the rest had made sure that people would forget the things seen during the period of pure Chaos between the creations of the universe, but evidently they did not bother with these precautions now.

Crowley snapped the fingers on his right hand, slowly staggering to his feet. His comrades would glow slightly as memories of that horrific, unimaginable time faded from their memories, for their own safety. Crowley himself allowed the memories to disappear, glaring now at Oberon and the blinded Kronos, who sat on a nearby bench, his eyes gone as he panted.

Oberon’s face was a picture of absolute, pure fury. In a way, Crowley was relieved by that. He could never have imagined that hatred and rage on Richard’s face, who had generally been stoic and reserved when not fucking around. It was a reminder. No matter how much Oberon looked like his old friend and...father, he wasn’t him.

Spit came from Oberon’s mouth as he roared. “THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED!” he howled at Kronos. Crowley felt a sort of disgust and revulsion take him, almost overcoming the fear. He wanted to laugh. Oberon might well be a lion, but he was all the bad sides of it. He may well be a dangerous, often majestic beast...but he was a lazy, prideful sonofabitch. And that wasn’t more clear than now, as he slammed Billy’s severed head on the ground in a rage, allowing it to spatter and smash.

Kronos growled back at Oberon. “Things happened that I did not expect.” he said slowly, his empty eye sockets staring into space. “I want more time.”

That phrase nearly knocked Crowley over, because of the memories summoned. Leah, dying. His time with her. His time with all his families, ended so abruptly. Uriel had ended his time with Leah, but Crowley was repurposing that hatred - Uriel’s reasons for many of his actions were because of Oberon, and the madness caused by his single minded obsession.
Oberon would die by the hands of the last angel. Crowley was very sure of this.

But...they had been through a Gotterdammerung. Where was the new world? He looked around, seeing his school. Elfen High still lived...though the ground implied a slight difference. Were they still on Earth soil? (Insofar as they were?) Gravity felt...lighter. He felt that outside, though the school automatically had adjusted to Earth-like gravity, for the comfort of the passengers.

There was something different though...he felt outside, reaching a magical arm out. He felt...nothing. Nothing at all. Just the school, and space outside.

“Holy shit.” said an ISSR soldier, looking outside and seeing the stars outside. Not any Earth to be seen. The various RAF fighter jets were now in the auditorium, which had grown massively to accommodate them and Damien, though they would have a mind-splitting headache.

Crowley paused, thinking. “What.” he said quietly, starting toward a conclusion. A conclusion that Kronos confirmed.

“We were...intending to reshape the Omniverse.” the god said through some pain. “That was our goal. But evidently, we were interrupted. But when I started the process, it couldn’t be stopped. That energy needed to be used. And it was used in this form, using what materials I had on hand…”

Oberon was calmer now, his voice returning to a slow and calm verbal waterfall, smooth and relaxing to listen to when you forgot who was speaking. “I was going to use something. I believe you mortals would call it a Dyson Sphere? More of a swarm, of course.” A grandfatherly chuckle. “It would function as the new centre of the Fae empire. Originally, Kronos would have extended his capabilities outside of your universe and the universe of Hell and the worlds I conquered in the past, and we would have enveloped all of the Omniverse to our commands in one stroke.” He brushed some imaginary dust off his armour. “I assume you are aware of the World Tree that stands in the centre of the Omniverse, Harbinger of the Sun?”

Crowley flinched. Some of the others...now, they would remember that phrase. It had popped up often enough for them, particularly if they were at Elfen High before 2030. “I am aware.”

“We would have used it as a nexus, something we took our power from. Effectively our sun in our Dyson “Sphere”.” he explained in a cool fashion, shaking his head with a sad smile. “BUT WE WERE INTERRUPTED, WEREN’T WE?” he fired a blue beam of energy in a rage at Lyra. It would likely strike her, enough to cause some serious pain but not kill. Not just yet.

“Souls.” muttered Oberon quietly. “That’s the linchpin of this whole business. Uriel tried to use them for his own purposes, I know. He had learnt, after his years of religious fanaticism and torture that he could manipulate and use them. We are doing the same, but on a larger scale. But we did not absorb the whole Omniverse. Merely your Hell and Earth.”

Crowley blinked. It was clear now. “Elfen High. You turned my school into your Dyson Sphere, powered by all the life from Hell and Earth.”

“It’s remarkably big, isn’t it?” Kronos commented. “If you need something that can contain trillions of souls, this is a very, very good choice. The sun of these souls is located within your school, operating as our power source.”

Oberon sighed. “You know, nephew.” he said, pseudo-affectionately. “I didn’t want to have to do this. But now you’ve forced me to attack the World Tree head-on. I do think I’ll be hijacking your school now…” he said, a hand raised upwards as the school glowed blue and jerked forward through a portal.

The druids and Michael, upon the World Tree, would see the blue light approach them. A blue light that surrounded Elfen High.

On Elfen High, Crowley started to break down in laughter. “Three universes.” he giggled. “I’ve lived through three universes. And I lived through the first two twice. And I still fucked up. That’s amazing.” he snorted, sitting back down on his ass. “That’s just amazing.”

He had saved the entire human race...a week ago, from everyone else’s perspective. And thousands of times during his disappearance. And now...they were all dead again. As well as every plant, every animal, every demon, every other creature except those in this school.

And he didn’t even control the school anymore, or he wasn’t the sole controller. Oberon was the pilot now, using the power of the trillions of souls he had taken to direct his ship. They needed to get to that power source, but they also needed to protect the World Tree. They would need to split up to do that. Crowley telepathically explained that to his friends of the school. Some of you, be sure to dock at the World Tree and help the forces there save the Omniverse. You may recognise the temporary Harbinger there. Tell Michael I am very sorry. Some of you, come with me to find where Oberon and Kronos have placed all these souls of our world. Maybe we can reverse this. Or at least we can keep them from destroying other universes.

Crowley didn’t explain what he thought might have to happen. In order to save the Omniverse...Elfen High might need to die. And if the school had to be destroyed, this last remnant of the world they had once been part of….well, he would do it himself.

Oberon spoke up again, before he would charge at Crowley with his sword. “Nephew, this school shall be the start of my ultimate empire. But for your friends, it will only be your Graveyard.”
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:40 pm

"No."

Let us take a moment to contemplate the household roach.

They are very, very small. Really, ridiculously so. On a regular basis, they are tread upon, smashed, crushed, stabbed, beaten, eaten, and torn into tiny little pieces by particularly sadistic children you should, under no circumstances, make eye contact with on the playground. They are killed in such gruesome ways during the course of a day in which they accomplish approximately nothing just crawling about, very rarely even achieving the relatively simple goal of keeping themselves alive.

Then why, one must wonder, do they even bother?

Roaches do have a particularly remarkable talent, and it is this; they happen to be nearly indestructible. You may think you've killed them, but all you've really done is reminded them why they hate you.

Vernon Cartwright brushed a roach from his jacket. He groaned and rolled away from the wall which he had been thrown into, old bones cracking against it.

Disaster had struck. When disaster strikes, as it often does, there are many ways to cope, but they can be broken into two very simple categories. When disaster strikes a good man, he grabs the nearest sword or gun or what-have-you and sets about fighting back, leading a glorious revolution against evil, etc., etc. When disaster strikes a bad man, he smiles to himself and sits at his favored desk, thinking of all the opportunity he's just been handed.

Vernon Cartwright is not a good man. Vernon Cartwright just so happens, however, to be exceedingly stubborn.

He leaped to his feet, as agile as a very crooked cat indeed, and smiled that same very crooked cat's very crooked cat smile. With a slight twirl, he twisted back to the auditorium and adjusted his tie.

"I said 'no'. You don't listen very well, do you?"

Vernon Cartwright appeared a businessman in shambles, dressed in a nice suit that had been quite thoroughly ruined and carrying a briefcase which displayed all the tenacity of our friend the roach.

"I will repeat myself, then. 'No'. No, you aren't going to do any of what you're planning, because I am going to stop you."

Vernon stepped slowly towards the Autumn King.

"Do you know what I am?"

Vernon crooked his head, examining him as the cat does the roach before pouncing, and the roach does the cat before scuttling away and leaving him to smack into the wall.

"I'm a human. And no matter what you do, no matter how many of us you've killed, you'll never change that or dispose of it. And, so long as there is a single goddamn one of us left, we will hunt you to your dying breath and..."

He relished the last word, "Persist. Why?"

With his free hand, he tore a gun from his jacket and fired at Oberon's head.

"To piss you off."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Peter fell to his knees, dumbstruck, and Caspian immediately placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked at everything in shock and merely repeated the word softly to himself. It had had a capital letter in front of it -- it's always a curious thing when you can hear that in somebody's speech, like being able to tell a diminished fifth from an augmented fourth between two oboes in the midst of a symphony. Always a shock, especially when you consider that there's really no difference between a diminished fifth and an augmented fourth -- they both constitute the devil's interval.

Still, it was a difference with Caspian was cognizant of all the same.

"Graveyard," he repeated.

"Graveyard."

Peter shook his head. He was just a scared little boy all over again, no idea what to do. He looked at Vernon, shooting Oberon, with an utter lack of passion. He didn't care. How could they reverse this? How could-

Peter was nudged roughly on the back. He turned around to see a mighty lion -- well, not quite a lion. The Sphinx of Thebes, separated from him in body and mind, but evidently returned once more. Peter stood and rubbed the fur on the lion's head, and the beast purred affably. Peter sighed, nodding, and looked at Caspian.

"If this is our Graveyard, let's make it a good damn death. Qui morituri te salutamus."
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:35 pm

"Omniverse."

"Interrupted."

"Graveyard."

Damien repeated these sentences as his brain felt like it was going to explode. His form of a dragon turned to that of a human, forcing those on his back to fall onto him, which hurt quite a bit for him. He laid on his back as he began to heal, sighing. He felt like he was on painkillers, which made the pain, well, bearable.

Everything is so blue, he thought, before struggling to his feet and looking at both Gwen and Grace. "You two are... beautiful," he said, perhaps more sincerely than anything he had ever said in his life previously. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were Angels. The non-murderous, fictional kind."

He bit his lip and listened to Crowley's message, before nodding. His body was close to fully-healed and he knew what he had to do. He looked at Gwen, giving her a brief and unconfident smile. It was his way of trying to be comforting.

"Look, um. You... I... People change... and sometimes they become less of assholes. And maybe they start really caring about other people and what their actions might cause. So when someone starts caring about people, they might start to develop feelings for someone. I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

Damien looked at Oberon again, then outside of the school. He took a deep breath and turned back to Gwen, now with a sudden boost of Don Quixote confidence.

"I've got your back."
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 am

Nude East Ireland wrote:"Omniverse."

"Interrupted."

"Graveyard."

Damien repeated these sentences as his brain felt like it was going to explode. His form of a dragon turned to that of a human, forcing those on his back to fall onto him, which hurt quite a bit for him. He laid on his back as he began to heal, sighing. He felt like he was on painkillers, which made the pain, well, bearable.

Everything is so blue, he thought, before struggling to his feet and looking at both Gwen and Grace. "You two are... beautiful," he said, perhaps more sincerely than anything he had ever said in his life previously. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were Angels. The non-murderous, fictional kind."

He bit his lip and listened to Crowley's message, before nodding. His body was close to fully-healed and he knew what he had to do. He looked at Gwen, giving her a brief and unconfident smile. It was his way of trying to be comforting.

"Look, um. You... I... People change... and sometimes they become less of assholes. And maybe they start really caring about other people and what their actions might cause. So when someone starts caring about people, they might start to develop feelings for someone. I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

Damien looked at Oberon again, then outside of the school. He took a deep breath and turned back to Gwen, now with a sudden boost of Don Quixote confidence.

"I've got your back."

"Well, that's nice of you." Gwen quipped, replying with a short and light smile, standing up and assessing her surroundings. Except for the familiar school grounds, everything else outside of Elfen High was....empty. Empty space. Her past experience told her enough about what had really happened to the surrounding world.

"Bloody hell! I failed again!" she yelled out in anger, gazing at the emptiness outside the school grounds. "The Fae have devoured yet another world, and I couldn't stop them, even if this time I was better prepared and armed than before." she lamented, before burying her head in the palm of her hands. "Those bastards will never stop until the whole multiverse bleeds dry and everything becomes a smoldering ruin. But...but enough talk."

Gwen stood up, unsheathing APS-Earth's Excalibur, looking at her own reflection in the flat of the blade. "Oberon is here. We could try to find a way to stop him, but...I don't know if it is even possible. And I've been exploring the Multiverse for centuries."

She turned around. Grace was going through another breakdown, apparently. The Liverpudlian girl was cowering on the ground, crying her heart out. Most likely due to all the relatives and friends she had just lost, Gwen guessed. The Queen sighed, and turned her sight away to another valued object: the starship Avalon.

"My castle is safe, for the time being. I could order it to point all its weaponry towards Oberon...no, that would be too much of an high-risk gamble. Damien, do we have any other option?"

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Agritum wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:"Omniverse."

"Interrupted."

"Graveyard."

"I've got your back."

"Well, that's nice of you." Gwen quipped, replying with a short and light smile, standing up and assessing her surroundings. Except for the familiar school grounds, everything else outside of Elfen High was....empty. Empty space. Her past experience told her enough about what had really happened to the surrounding world.

"Bloody hell! I failed again!" she yelled out in anger, gazing at the emptiness outside the school grounds. "The Fae have devoured yet another world, and I couldn't stop them, even if this time I was better prepared and armed than before." she lamented, before burying her head in the palm of her hands. "Those bastards will never stop until the whole multiverse bleeds dry and everything becomes a smoldering ruin. But...but enough talk."

Gwen stood up, unsheathing APS-Earth's Excalibur, looking at her own reflection in the flat of the blade. "Oberon is here. We could try to find a way to stop him, but...I don't know if it is even possible. And I've been exploring the Multiverse for centuries."

She turned around. Grace was going through another breakdown, apparently. The Liverpudlian girl was cowering on the ground, crying her heart out. Most likely due to all the relatives and friends she had just lost, Gwen guessed. The Queen sighed, and turned her sight away to another valued object: the starship Avalon.

"My castle is safe, for the time being. I could order it to point all its weaponry towards Oberon...no, that would be too much of an high-risk gamble. Damien, do we have any other option?"

He thought for a moment.

"I know you want to kill Oberon. You have every reason to want that. But right now, the most important thing is protecting the World Tree. Keeping hope for a new multiverse alive." Damien sighed. "It's up to you, though. Wherever you need me to go, I'll be there. If you're set on fighting Oberon, then... I might know a way for you to get him away from the school so your cannons can fire at him."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Lyra, it is worth restating, was already having some trouble keeping the armies of otherwordly creatures alive after having brought them into existence, all that stress and overexpenditure of magical power taking a toll on her body and mind. And then, to top it off, she'd had to draw a god damn nuclear missile because no one aside from a young girl would think of anything to keep the Faery King's plans from being fulfilled. Her hand had even slipped more than a bit during that, giving the misile a shape that it really shouldn't have had. Naturally, this called forth Oberon's rage, which was more than enough to scare anyone shitless.

Then, the world ended. The girl had to go through a gotterdammerung all over again after having experienced the first, though now she did so in a weakened state, as if she wasn't frail enough already. The memories might have faded quickly, but the pain lingered and the stress remained. And then Oberon threatened her again.

By the time the bolt of blue energy reached the spot where her chest had been moments ago, the girl was already on the floor, unconscious.

Armies of halberd-wielding winged monsters and hordes of bearded Daleks, in a moment, faded away into nothingness, much like the rest of the universe had done so mere... Were they moments? Perhaps, perhaps not, but no one cared, especially not Lyra herself.

There was a monster. It was a stupid monster, really, it didn't have much of a mind, but it could make some terrific tea, by some odd and quite random whim of its mistress and creator. And thus it became its purpose, after it had been given away to a particularly powerful being as a gift.

It was, in fact, just about to deliver some tea to its new master. It was, in fact, just next to said being.

Then the girl fell unconscious and the monster unexisted, spilling tea all over Death.

The Demon Lord chuckled without emotion, barely listening to what was being said, his mind racing, but with no path to traverse and no goal to reach, trying to calculate the losses only to find its way back to that lazy sleeping eight time and time again. Even then, though, he did not descend into fury. Altair would have descended into fury, surely. Astaroth himself would have. But not him. He had lived enough and learned enough to know that, quite simply, there was no point. There was, after all, a reason he still lived and they did not.

Crowley's telepathic message reached Alastor afterwards. He stood still for a few moments, but then simply turned around and slashed at the air, creating a portal and stepping through it, closing it behind him without saying a word to anyone in the room.

In but a moment, he found himself standing at the World Tree, looking at the dragon's corpse approaching more and more. The last Astkrv, the last of the Kings of Hell, and indeed, perhaps the last demon, now stood amidst the druids, not far from Michael.

"The King of Nowhere salutes you, archangel." He said, sitting down and watching the school approach. "Lucifer sends his regards. He says he is very sorry."

See, there's a very shitty part to standing behind someone who faints just as someone else shoots a blue energy beam at them.

You get hit.

This was what Ciel pondered and subsequently regretted doing when the blue energy beam hit her in the chest, sending her flying and causing her to slam into the wall with quite a bit of force. Enough to leave a Ciel-shaped dent in it, anyway. The armor managed to absorb some of the blast, but it still caused pain only comparable to that of stubbing your pinky toe fifteen times in a row during a bad morning after not sleeping well and before finding out that your preferred morning drink is missing. Not that she thought about any of this, as her mind was quite clearly in a state of severe "Ow fuck!" at the moment, even as she slowly fell to the ground by the effect of the school's gravity.

Thankfully, there was something that helped her cope with the pain.

She was very angry.

Now, for real, she witnessed the destruction of a place she had come to call home, much like she had before, and that pissed her off to no end. She was, thus, very fucking angry, and it was this energy that prompted her to stand up and head towards Lyra, gritting her teeth and bearing with the still flaring pain. She'd already fucked up Oberon's plans, so who knows what else she'd do later? Plus, she had fucked up Oberon's plan. Leaving her there was not a good idea at all, nevermind that trying to help her wasn't exactly brilliant either. Oberon seemed busy anyway.

The two others were, understandably, scared, and didn't really know what to do anymore. They figured they should help Crowley finding the power source, but they didn't know where to start and Crowley seemed to be engaged in a battle at the moment. Perhaps they should have been helping him with that instead, but they really didn't think they could do much against the god damned Faery King. The consequences of failing to keep up with him they had witnessed so far weren't very promising either.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:01 am

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Agritum wrote:"Well, that's nice of you." Gwen quipped, replying with a short and light smile, standing up and assessing her surroundings. Except for the familiar school grounds, everything else outside of Elfen High was....empty. Empty space. Her past experience told her enough about what had really happened to the surrounding world.

He thought for a moment.

"I know you want to kill Oberon. You have every reason to want that. But right now, the most important thing is protecting the World Tree. Keeping hope for a new multiverse alive." Damien sighed. "It's up to you, though. Wherever you need me to go, I'll be there. If you're set on fighting Oberon, then... I might know a way for you to get him away from the school so your cannons can fire at him."

Gwen glanced down, sighing. "As much as it would be the just thing to do, engaging in my own personal revenge against Oberon will only further compromise the safety of the World Tree. It's definitely worth my attention, right now. Speaking of which, I'll order Avalon to work as some sort of fortress or point defence installation. We should muster as much firepower as we can."

The Queen glanced at the heartbroken Grace, still whimpering and sobbing. She was in no condition to fight. Gwen grimaced, turning back to Damien. "Bring us to the Tree, then. There is no time to be lost."

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:02 pm

William fired a barrage of radiant blasts at the Fae, a predatory grin appearing on his face once more at the prospect of more elfs to brutally slaughter for what their race had done to his family. However, as he was about to start decapitating them in earnest his mobile rang.

"Who the hell is this?" William barked, sandwiching the device between his neck and left shoulder as he continued blasting at the enemy.

"Dunefiend, bitch," the voice at the other end shouted, "Come to the Pimpin' Washington Memorial Oval Office."

"You mean 10 Downton Castle Westminster Citadel?" William replied, "And what on earth for?"

"It's for the thing." Said Dunefiend.

"What thing? Bowling night?" William asked, confused by his friend's cryptic request.

"No, not that. The thing that we appropriated approximately 72% of the school's budget for. The Tyler's extra-credit project thing," the P.E teacher explained, with realization slowly dawning on William's face.

"Daniel, I was drunk and joking when I said you could make some of the students help you build your own personal aircraft carrier," Sir Nilark replied, sighing.

"Then you shouldn't have signed that official document appointing me as Duke of the Chang-Hawthorne Racism Memorial Library and Defence Secretary," said Dunefiend.

"That so-called official document was a greasy newspaper from a chippie!" William protested.

"Anyway, the whole carrier thing didn't pan out too well. All the sailors I managed to press into the school's navy were no-good horny idiots, more so than the usual sort in Elfen High. But we came up with something even better," Dunefiend explained. Something about the excitement in his friend's voice made William worry a tad, "I'll show you what I mean. Just stay there a minute," Coach Savatar continued before hanging up. With nothing to distract him William went to work cutting up Fae troops, when a nearby janitorial supply closet opened up and Dunefiend emerged in bear form, a bazooka positioned on each shoulder.

"Eat my rocket-propelled dicks, bitches," he said, before firing both his weapons at the Fae attacking Zoryana and the others. He then grabbed William and dragged him back into the closet, which turned out to be a secret tunnel to the HQ of Elfen High's student government.

"Okay, so if it's not an aircraft carrier, then what the devil have you and your interns been building all this time?" President Nilark demanded, to which Dunefiend only chuckled at first.

"Early on in the development phase we came to the conclusion that developing a whole fleet for Elfen High would be too consuming of our time and resources, not to mention we don't have the logistical capabilities to sustain large standing forces the way the ISSR does," said the shapeshifter as he returned to his human form, clad in a military uniform, "But relying on large forces never has been Elfen High's strategy, has it? It's always been a small, ludicrously powerful handful that's done the bulk of the fighting. So, my department took that style to its logical conclusion by developing a half dozen or so super-weapons intended to-."

"Daniel, you're sounding serious. This isn't normal. When did you last go outside?" William asked, with great concern in his voice.

"I'm not too sure. Sarah had been frosty with me the past few months, and then around the beginning of November she took the kids and left me, so this was all I had left to do, since you got so busy with Hildegarde and everything," Dunefiend answered, "But that's enough whipping out my sadness penis. There's hoes to blow up," The two friends came into a large circular control room staffed by some nervous-looking students in similar uniforms to Dunefiend. "Tyler, status report!"

"They're almost all ready for whenever you get some pilots suited up, sir," replied a Canadian boy with short black hair. William glanced at the student somewhat sadly. He looked about the same age President Nilark had been during the Abrahamic War; had William acted that much like a soldier at his age? How long had the students of Elfen High been taking on the militaristic role Dunefiend insisted the school had?

"Excellent. Mr. President, put a shirt on while we finish up a few things, you exhibitionist looney," Dunefiend said, setting down the bazookas and grabbing a jumpsuit from somewhere and tossing it to William.

"You still haven't told me what the thing is," William complained as he slipped the suit on, making Dunefiend chuckle again.

"Open Bay Door One, Pedro," Dunefiend ordered.

"My name's Sean!" The child soldier complained as he pressed a big button. Two giant doors on the other side of the room swiftly opened, and the sight therein made William get emotional.

"Do we get extra credit for this, sir?" Tyler asked, to which William nodded.

"Aye, you do. You get all the degrees Elfen High offers for this," the knight gleefully promised, before getting inside the extra-credit assignment.

Gwen and Damien would find their conversation interrupted when a giant-ass mecha burst through the wall and bathed some nearby Fae in a metric ass-ton of lasers.

"I AM THE ROBOT GOD, AND THIS IS MY MECHANICAL BOLLOCKING FACE!" William roared, his voice blaring out thanks to the loudspeakers externally mounted on the Valvrave. Moments later Dunefiend emerged behind William piloting an equally ludicrous war machine, which fired even more lasers at the Fae, before fist-bumping William's Valvrave.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Agritum wrote:
Nude East Ireland wrote:He thought for a moment.

Gwen glanced down, sighing. "As much as it would be the just thing to do, engaging in my own personal revenge against Oberon will only further compromise the safety of the World Tree. It's definitely worth my attention, right now. Speaking of which, I'll order Avalon to work as some sort of fortress or point defence installation. We should muster as much firepower as we can."

The Queen glanced at the heartbroken Grace, still whimpering and sobbing. She was in no condition to fight. Gwen grimaced, turning back to Damien. "Bring us to the Tree, then. There is no time to be lost."

Damien nodded, taking Gwen's hand into his own. He gave her a nod, his face serious.

"If anything comes for the World Tree, keep them off of my back. I'll get us there as fast as I can."

With that, Damien leapt forward and his form shifted into that of a mighty dragon, his wings spreading outward and his tail waving slowly.

Anyone going to the World Tree, get on my back, he told the EHers telepathically.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:21 pm

A shitload of the soldiers and such who had been in the school previously jumped on Damien's back, as would the various other characters ready to defend the World Tree.

Crowley didn't need to dodge the Faery King's attack, as Vernon already had distracted him with a bullet to the head. A bullet, notably, made of cold iron. Oberon roared in a fury, somewhat regretting taking his helmet off. The bullet dodged itself inside his skull, burning inside. He made a motion, moving rapidly toward Vernon as if to strangle him, but Crowley pulled Vernon back magically.

Oberon snarled away at them. "You think you'll stop me?" the King asked. "I will burn you. I will burn you all down. And you'll watch me do it. I will turn your world into all your worst fears. You wanted to anger me? You have done just that! Your life will be a torment of hell when I am finished with you, Detective." he spat.

"Alright." the British wizard muttered. "Time to go. I don't control much in this school right now, but I do have the sound system. Let's turn on some good rock..." he snapped his fingers, expecting to hear "Carry on my wayward son..."

He didn't. Instead, there was a different sound. "A bear there was, a bear, a bear!"

There was a pause as everyone, on both sides of the battle, looked at Crowley in puzzlement at his definition of "rock". Crowley looked baffled. "It...it was meant to be Kansas." he said weakly.

"Fuck it." muttered Kronos, his blind eyes looking around. "I need to go to the soul room, Oberon. I won't be very much use to you as is." he said. "I need some time to heal." he vanished then, obviously uncaring about Oberon's own response. The Faery King merely growled when he noticed the Titan disappear.

He refocused his attention on the Elfen Highers, seeing that Damien had started flying off now to the World Tree, which wasn't very far now at all. They were very nearly there.

It was very, very tense at the World Tree. The druids were armed, yes, but they didn't feel ready. How could you be ready for this?

Michael also felt worried and afraid. The world was very, very close to a break. One of them, the one he was from, already had been destroyed. But he felt a twinge of hope and joy when he saw Alastor approach, and he smiled in relief. "It is very good to see you." he said sincerely, hearing his words. "And I forgive him." He had to, really. You couldn't hold grudges against brothers. He had already forgiven Uriel, despite everything, in his exile guarding everything. Forgiving Lucifer was nothing.

Michael looked up, seeing Damien approach with an army on his back. He smiled on seeing this, giving a laugh. "Fantastic!" he said. Maybe they'd get through this....

Oberon grabbed Damien's tail, pulling himself abroad the dragon. He snarled, walking atop Damien, sword in hand. He stabbed deep into him, intent on sinking him and his passengers, making them fall into the endless void of the stars.

Crowley couldn't be worried about this. He had other issues to deal with. He looked at the remaining crew. "The soul room. I can sense Kronos. He's..." A pause. Crowley sighed. "Ah. Yes. He's in the Graveyard."

Confused looks from the group. Crowley gave a slight smile. "It's alright. I expected you wouldn't know." he blasted an energy wall behind himself, smashing into approaching Fae soldiers. "I'll explain on the way. Come the fuck on." he ordered, moving quickly, opening a nearby door. This revealed a spiraling staircase, to which Crowley just sighed in annoyance. "Staircase? Won't work, too little time." he snapped his fingers. The stairs disappeared, revealing only an empty black darkness.

"What are we doing?" asked Mohammed, holding the hand of Sarah. "Will we jump?"

"Jump?" asked Crowley. "No. We'll fall." The ground below them broke open, causing everyone in the group to fall down below. Crowley sealed the ground when his group was in, before any Fae could come in.

They landed on the ground...but then bounced back up. BOING!

"Trampoline." Crowley explained, hopping off. "Kept it here, just in case. Fixban never believed me when I said it might come in handy..." he chuckled. Admittedly, he had originally had that in place in case he was ever chased after by lawyers and activists, not Fae. But he saw no need to mention that right now.

He looked behind him, turning on the eco-friendly lights above. Interestingly enough, it had been Laz who had urged that transformation, as he was a surprisingly active environmentalist. He looked at his group. "You lot are going to come into a bit of a dark place for myself." he warned. "I apologise for that." He paused, thinking. "Some of you remember Minh Taka. He was a good man. But he also had a private drinking room, for himself alone or those he invited." He looked here at his Lewis, if he were there. "This is that room for myself, taking advantage of the fact this school can be an entire universe. And it seems that Kronos also took advantage of that size..." he muttered quietly.

Slams and pounds were heard upstairs, and Irish accents roared. "WE OPENED 'ER UP!" as the Fae cheered. The ground broke, and the Fae fell down to the ground. Some breaking sounds were heard this time.

"I see no reason to let them use the trampoline." said Crowley calmly. "Alright. After me now!" he ordered, running down the long hallway, machine guns appearing in the ceiling behind them, blasting away at the Fae.

(I need to have Caspian in this group. Az, EH2 Lewis and Megan would also be nice).
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:18 pm

William had simply followed the dragon in his mecha, which conveniently flew. At a less stressful time he might have had ethical qualms about using a machine Dunefiend had brought into creation by turning the intellect of children to killing things very, very effectively and stealing far, far greater amounts of money than William usually borrowed to get fish and chips or harass Celtic supporters, but for now President Nilark was content with the fact that his government had actually done something useful. His train of thought came to a halt when he saw Oberon climb aboard Damien and start stabbing the dragon in the back, literally.

Having a full-on firefight break out on the dragon would likely turn disastrous, so William had to end it quickly before the Fairy King could inflict too much damage. But accomplishing that proved difficult to plan as well. The knight could try blasting Oberon off with the laser rifle the Valvrave came equipped with, but that ran the risk of injuring his comrades, as did making use of the anti-personnel guns built into the head unit, or the adamantine swords, or any of the conventional weapons the mecha was in possession of. It took four seconds for William to come up with a reckless, ridiculous plan, which was all he thought might work. Thus, while Oberon was busy trying to crash Damien, he wouldn't notice the giant red robot swooping in well over the speed of sound. However, the Faery King would have realised something was amiss when a mechanical foot swept forward, slamming right into him, as William punted the snot out of Oberon.

Dunefiend had gone with Crowley, assuming his group could make use of the firepower his mecha offered. He ran down the hallway as Crowley instructed, though not without turning around a few times to bombard the pursuing Fae with giant laser beams.

"EAT THIS, YE FENIAN BASTARDS!" He snarled, having learned some vocabulary from William.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Gwen was trying to keep her grip to Damien's scales, all while holding a very shellshocked Grace. It wasn't a very awful situation, and Gwen had seen much worse in her career. Up until Oberon came and stabbed Damien, causing the dragon man to quickly spiral towards the void. Now that was something Gwen didn't really want to happen.

Grace began to scream, struggling to resist the high-g accelerations of the freefall. If this endured, some of the dragon's occupants would have died even before it would have spiralled down the void. Gwen herself was only barely tolerating the situation: the last time she had been stuck on a free falling object had happened almost a century before.

The Queen aimed Excalibur at Damien's gaping wound, and fired a quick, hot blast of magical energy next to its surface, brushing it against the wound instead of crashing square into the dragon's body.

Gwen hoped that her cauterisation attempt would have worked out well.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Peter and the Sphinx went with Damien. He wasn't totally sure why, but somewhere, in another world and another time, a young man chuckled at the image of Thomas Sangster astride a sphinx which in turn rode on the back of a giant dragon that was really also Thomas Sangster. Sometimes, the universe works out in strange ways, y'know?

So anyway, get this: the Sphinx has wings. So when Oberon attacked Damien, the creature wasted no time in taking flight. Its wings, black and leathery, unfurling, it lifted into the nothing with a powerful push from its hind legs. It roared, and Peter held tight to its main.

"Have thee a sword, child?" it asked.

"No, but I've got a gun!" shouted Peter.

"An inelegant weapon, but time for elegance is time we do not have! Fire away, lad!"

The beast divebombed at Oberon and Peter pointed the gun Caspian had given him at the King of the Faeries, pulling on the trigger hard, letting loose a steady stream of plasma at the archfiend.

"Eat shit, fucker!" he shouted over the roar of plasma that sounded like a bad special effect from the late 1960s.

Caspian, meanwhile, had gone for the Graveyard. He'd been there before, and he knew that he would be needed. As he ran, he threw off his jacket, the red and black cloth fluttering away behind him. In one hand, he clasped the hilt of Ἅγγελος; in the other, the butt of his anti-angel gun. He was a fast runner, having spent some considerable time training for the Games of the LII Olympiad (held in Mexico City in the year 2100 at the height of the World Obesity Crisis, during which even a mediocre runner like Caspian was good enough for the Samoan track team). And so, naturally, he caught up to the front of the group fairly quickly.
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:49 pm

"It is good to see you too." The realmless ruler replied to Michael, evidently not quite sharing the archangel's enthusiasm, but bearing none of the concern and tension of the druids either. He simply sat and watched as from the dragon's corpse emerged a dragon, one that was alive, and, more importantly, one that the Demon Lord could recognize as Damien. He too had decided to do as Crowley said and head to the World Tree to protect it from Oberon, it seemed. He figured he wouldn't be the only one, but he had assumed the child would have opted to go with the headmaster instead. Not that it mattered much to him. Either way, it did not seem like they would come under attack just yet, so for now, he simply watched.

Of course, he immediately stood up when he saw Damien begin sinking and a sphinx fly away from his back before sweeping down towards his tail. It seemed that he was wrong. There was trouble over there.

"A shame that it has to be under these bleak circumstances." Alastor said afterwards, adding onto his previous statement. He slashed the air, opening a portal and looking through it, seeing Oberon clinging to the dragon's tail. "It seems Oberon is coming. Unless they change route or fend him off, he will be here soon." He stated, placing his hand against the portal, beginning to send a stream of energy through the portal and towards Oberon, strong enough to fell a giant, and hopefully enough to distract him. Of course, he had made sure to keep the gate strictly one-way.

"But in the mean time, care to introduce your friends?" The Demon Lord asked casually, still blasting energy into the portal.

Ciel and Celes had quite swiftly jumped down along the others, following Crowley down into the trampoline, which surprised them quite a bit, though not enough to distract them too much from their situation. They immediately began running after Crowley, each tightly gripping their instrument and using their superior speed to follow the headmaster, catching up to him with ease. Ciel flinched upon hearing the sickly sounds of cracking bones, but knowing that they belonged to the enemy made her get over it quickly. Those were the people who had been gleefully slaughtering innocents left and right before destroying the entire universe, after all.

"Headmaster." Celes greeted him. It had been a while since they'd last met after all, and during this whole mess neither of the two had really spoken to him.

"Hello." Ciel chimed in, following them closely. "Have you seen Vernil, sir?" She asked afterwards.

Lyra, meanwhile, was still quite clearly unconscious. On the good side, there was a redhead with a magic armor currently looking out for her, which kept her relatively safe. On the bad side, they were stil stuck in the school. On the good side, many of the Fae had already gone off to chase Crowley and the others, but on the bad side, Damien had already left and some Fae had cast their attention to the white-haired girl instead of the Autumn King's nephew.

"Fuck off already!" Ciel shouted at them, using her armor suit to blast them away, trying to think of something. She couldn't go down and try to follow Crowley, because the Fae were going to sandwich her and Lyra, but she couldn't stay her either, she doubted she'd be able to fight off the Fae here while taking care of an unconscious girl.

The redhead then looked at the hole Damien left in the wall, realizing something. She was still alive, Lyra was still alive, though unconscious, and most importantly, all the assholes that had climbed up onto the dragon's back were still alive.

It appeared physics didn't quite apply out here, which in this case played in her favor. Blasting the Fae away one last time, Ciel took Lyra in her arms and ran towards the hole, jumping out of the school and into the black void of space. Indeed, Lyra could breathe out here safely, it seemed. That was good. She'd finally managed to escape the room with her.

But then she saw that Oberon was on Damien's back. It looked like that wasn't a very good route to take, either.

"Shit." Ciel said to herself, trying to think of what to do now, before something finally occured to her. Part of this armor had originally been armor for the soldiers of Hell, no? And if she recalled correctly, the helmet had some sort of telepathic circuit embedded into it. Now, it worked one-way only, evidently, but that was before. Now her armor was a magical amalgam of bullshit, so who was to say it couldn't work both ways this time? Thus, she concentrated, sending out a call for help. It was a general call, but it didn't take a genius to figure out who was going to receive it.

Still blasting away at the Faery King, Alastor idly slashed the air behind him with his free hand, creating yet another portal.

Ciel stepped through bearing Lyra on her arms, carefully setting her down on the ground before looking around.

"Er... Hello. Would anyone happen to know healing magic or be able to energize her or something?" She asked, before thinking of something. "You may want to know, she just saved all of your asses not too long ago." She added afterwards.

"Indeed. She could be quite helpful if one of you lot could help her in turn." The Demon Lord confirmed. "She did nuke Oberon's plans."
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:58 am

Against this landscape of glorious battle, D heroically vomited all over himself.

He attempted to stand up, then crumbled as his knees turned into a substance almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tendon. The world around him spun like stirred coffee, all whites and blacks melding into a disgusting brown that will nonetheless be devoured en masse by the majority of the population. Every singe nerve in D's body revolted, seemingly in an attempt to install some form of dictatorship, and each of his muscles was participating in a union strike. His eyes fell back into his skull, lazily attempting to resume being "eyes", while his ears were filled with random and incomprehensible sounds that D was absolutely confident were part of some grander plan by some conspiracy somewhere, due largely to the fact that a small but rather important piece of his brain had just collapsed and taken logical thinking with it.

This is when D realized that he now knew exactly what it was like to be dead. To be fair, he very recently had been.

After a moment's recovery, he caught his breath, cleaned the sweat from his brow, and sat up. He felt as though he had just risen from his grave, but also that he would never escape the grave at all. There was a darkness about him now - the light of the world was dimmer and less vibrant, and all things seemed cold and pointless. Many have gone into the abyss, some have come back, but Death collects a fee on every soul and no one has ever gotten it back.

D wondered if anyone had noticed him fall. Lewis's screaming answered that.

"Ye' were hiding a booze cave this whole time?!" he roared.

"Mr. Jameson," Vernon said, "I think you should calm down."

And so Lewis punched Vernon in the face, "Fuck off, Puddleglum!"

This is when, round the corner, came a heavily-armored truck with a very large machine gun on the back. A hyperventilating asshole in a suit sat at its control, covered in orange paint, and looking very desperately for shit to kill.

Aziraphale poked his head out of the passenger's seat, "Crowley! You're not dead. I wish I was surprised."

The ex-angel stepped out, followed shortly by a heavily-armed douchebag in sunglasses from the driver's seat.

"This is Gopher," Aziraphale said with a slight nod towards his comrade, "and that's Howard. Don't mind him, he got a little overexcited during the paintball fight and started screaming the names of his ex-wives."

"I didn't even know about half of them," Gopher admitted.

"We came down here to hide from Harding," Aziraphale continued, "That's when the Fae came, and then your message. I assume we're very badly fucked?"

"Yes!" Vernon chirped happily, bleeding profusely from his nose.
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:36 pm

"Vernil's dead, child." sighed Crowley to Ciel, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Oberon ate him." He took his hand away after a pat on the back, looking carefully forward.

If he were to be honest, that concerned him deeply. He doubted he could defeat Oberon conventionally, through brute force as he normally did. This would require foresight, a strategy.

He then heard Lewis screaming about a booze cave, and actually did laugh briefly. "Now then, if I still drank, that would be phenomenally helpful at this moment." he snorted. "Christ, a booze cave. That'd be brilliant. We can probably find Minh's old one to use for you lot." he said, giving Lewis a brief hug, which would profoundly confuse the other man. He gave Aziraphale a hug as well, when he came around. "Good to see you two again." he said sincerely, before turning away.

In front of them, there were two large, iron doors. Crowley's eyes flicked up, his face tired as he regarded them. "The only other person who has been through these doors by my invitation is Minh Taka." A thin smile. "I suppose that number is about to grow substantially though." He looked at Gopher and Howard. "Who the fuck are you?" he asked, though not unkindly. "Ah, fuck it. I suppose you may as well come in too."

Howard raised a camera in question. Crowley stared. "At the end of the universe, you're going to record? Fine. Do it."

He placed one hand on each door. He opened it.

Immediately, something felt different. The air was...different. Old. Broken down. They were in a hallway, yes. An Elfen High hallway. In fact, it seemed like the hallway they had just come from when the door opened. "This is the Graveyard." explained Crowley, as everyone's eyes would adjust to the darkness. There was a ticking sound heard around them, of clock hands moving, second by second, minute by minute.

The thing they would notice throughout this hallway were the graves. There were more than they could count. So many names...And with each name, a statue. A perfect stone replica of the person who was dead.

Valaran Fixban. One read. Minh Taka. Nyarlathotep. Queen Cuddles of the Bunnies. Gay Eric. Just a few of the names and statues. Notably, Crowley included first deaths, giving them a place in this Graveyard. "This is a bit pretentious, I'm aware." he said over the noise of the ticking clocks. "It wasn't meant to be for anyone else. This was meant to be my own space, to just reflect and think. Now, walk." he ordered, as spores descended from the ceiling, light shining from them, illuminating the hallway. Crowley carefully walked around the stones, which were scattered throughout the hallway, cramping it quite a lot. There were a lot of people to account for.

Father Gabriel Thomas. Emiliano Zapata Salazar. Sari.

"All the people here are people I blame myself for, to some extent, in dying." Crowley explained, sighing a bit. "This Graveyard is the embodiment of all my guilt. In the same manner that Minh retreated to his drinking room when life became too hard for him - and I am not to go unblamed for that - this area is where I think about what I've done and who has died for me."

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.

They stood in front of one particular statue, an ancient king sitting on a horse, his eyes looking forward in a glare, hand raised. Constantine XI Palaiologos. The Marble Emperor. Crowley exchanged a glance with the stone eyes of that other flawed man, the other king of a fallen land.

Crowley spoke the rest of his words quickly. "I've lived a very, very long time. Too long. And there have been times where I did not want to continue that. This is how I guilted myself into it, into continuing." He kept the spores behind him, so his face was covered still in darkness.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.

There was something else heard though...a child's laugh in the hallway, a giggle that seemed to be coming from above them. The rest all heard it, though Crowley didn't seem to. Indeed, he glanced at them looking up. "What?" he asked, looking curious, his eyes slightly wet now that they could see them in the light. He sighed. "We need to keep going."

He placed a hand on the guardrail of the stairs, moving upwards slowly as the ticking of the clocks got steadily louder.

They were in the auditorium again. The ceiling was blasted open, and they would see the sky above. But not the moon, no. From here, they would see the Earth, burning away.

That magnificent planet of ocean blue was now fire red, storms of pain raging across it. But there was a twinge of joy seeing it, seeing that world again when it was in reality very much dead. Even seeing the Earth burning was, in a way, a bit of a relief when the alternative was nothing at all. But in that relief and joy was discomfort and heartache, a wistful longing for their home.

Crowley looked at the world with its eight continents emotionlessly, his eyes dry.

"Where are we?" asked Howard ultimately. "What is this place, Headmaster?"

"Elfen High is a big place." Crowley said softly, his voice like a breeze in the wind. "You can, to be frank, put universes in here. It is bigger on the inside, yes. It's magnificent on the inside. It's the stars and suns." He moved slowly outside the auditorium, where another hallway appeared, with more graves, statues and names.

Rosalind Jameson. Nicholas Flamel. Hou Yi. Behind the statue of Rosalind, a statue of her smiling and beaming, not haunted by nightmares and horrors like she normally was, was a door. A very familiar mahogany door. Crowley's office.

"This was a place for my guilt." explained Crowley. "A reminder of what I am. Sometimes, of what I tried very hard to...forget I was and am." he waved toward the burning Earth in the distance, visible from their current position. If they looked out the windows and saw the ground outside, they would see it grey, barren, wrecked, full of craters. The moon, isolated from the dying Earth, watching from a distance.

"Shakespeare would have loved this." muttered Crowley under his breath, looking at his office. A child's laugh was heard again, behind it. But he didn't hear it. Instead, the ticking picked up pace. "Self-destruct mechanism, in case you're wondering." he said, his voice loud. "If I open that door, it will reveal a lever. Pushing it will destroy this entire school. Elfen High itself will become a replica of the Graveyard, dead, empty...graves and all." His voice was a warning, and the Elfen Highers would realise it wasn't necessarily pointed at them.

Crowley's hand was raised, but not placed on the doorknob.

Two beings appeared then, walking outside of Minh's old Biology classroom. Kronos, with his blinded eyes, and Set's own eyes showing arrogance. "Another grave would be added to this then. Many graves." commented Kronos, walking closer, gesturing to the headmaster.

"Do you think I care?" asked Crowley darkly, his hand moving closer to the doorknob.

"Oh yes...a man who builds a universe guilt-tripping him to stay alive, and a man who hides a self-destruct in a door he would never open...that's a man willing to give his life, and ensuring that if he ever did, he wouldn't be the sole one." chuckled Kronos. He made a gesture to the cafeteria. "Should we sit down and talk?"

Crowley moved a cafeteria table into the space outside his office. Cups of tea appeared, for everyone to drink. "You won't come out of here alive." said Crowley matter of factly. "You may as well have some tea first." he said, sitting down in the folding chairs that appeared, looking up at the burning Earth as it rotated, the perfect inferno of a storm moving across the dried oceans and the wrecked continents.

But there was another thing to see. The sun. It was bright, bright blue. Crowley had not made the sun of this world that colour. That was a recent addition. That's where the trillions of souls of Hell and Earth were, confused, screaming, lost, hopeless...and watching them from their prison, watching their fate be decided at this Graveyard made by an inherently flawed man over cups of tea and rivers of inevitable blood.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 am

There was a pause again as Set looked at Caspian, a smirk just barely visible despite the mask. "You're going to die, however." Set chuckled. "You'll die. That is a confirmed truth. Caspian Lawrence, you will die at your home, surrounded by friends who do not know you and will never remember your name or sacrifices for them. And then-" Set gave a gesture. "You'll end up, like all of us, at this Graveyard."

Caspian shivered as he looked up into the sky. He holstered the anti-angel gun and his free hand instinctively went to his breast pocket, where there was a small figurine of Tom Baker, given to him long ago. He'd been through a lot since then, hadn't he? And now here he was, at the end of all things, and the Titan of Time and the Murderer of Osiris were sitting down to tea with the Devil.

Softly, his eyes trained upward at the sun, Caspian said:

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world."

He blinked and found hot tears there; quickly, he sat at the table, laying Ἅγγελος before him. He picked up a cup of tea and lifted it to his mouth, hand shaking, and he blew on it softly, banishing the steam for just an instant. He did not yet drink.

Set looked at the door, which had begun to creak open. "Soon we both should be going. It is not safe for beings like you- or even me- to stay at the Graveyard for long. There are...consequences. So the universe will expel us from here soon and we will return to some other time and place. But I am not concerned- Kronos is soon to rise. And he will give me the chaos I enjoy."

Caspian's eyes were fixed on the god. Trying so hard to keep his voice from shaking, he said, "I see we're back to the old familiar places, aren't we? Tea again."

He sipped his pensively.

"Mine's still Earl Gray."
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:57 am

Constaniana wrote:William had simply followed the dragon in his mecha, which conveniently flew. At a less stressful time he might have had ethical qualms about using a machine Dunefiend had brought into creation by turning the intellect of children to killing things very, very effectively and stealing far, far greater amounts of money than William usually borrowed to get fish and chips or harass Celtic supporters, but for now President Nilark was content with the fact that his government had actually done something useful. His train of thought came to a halt when he saw Oberon climb aboard Damien and start stabbing the dragon in the back, literally.

Having a full-on firefight break out on the dragon would likely turn disastrous, so William had to end it quickly before the Fairy King could inflict too much damage. But accomplishing that proved difficult to plan as well. The knight could try blasting Oberon off with the laser rifle the Valvrave came equipped with, but that ran the risk of injuring his comrades, as did making use of the anti-personnel guns built into the head unit, or the adamantine swords, or any of the conventional weapons the mecha was in possession of. It took four seconds for William to come up with a reckless, ridiculous plan, which was all he thought might work. Thus, while Oberon was busy trying to crash Damien, he wouldn't notice the giant red robot swooping in well over the speed of sound. However, the Faery King would have realised something was amiss when a mechanical foot swept forward, slamming right into him, as William punted the snot out of Oberon.

Oberon looked up a second before William's foot hit him in his very surprised looking face.

He flew off Damien, but not before he grabbed William's foot. The two of them flew next to Damien, Oberon holding tightly as William would try to shake him off. Oberon's other arm grabbed William's left leg, squeezing tightly. A crackling noise was heard as the armour broke. Oberon gave a dark grin.

Agritum wrote:Gwen was trying to keep her grip to Damien's scales, all while holding a very shellshocked Grace. It wasn't a very awful situation, and Gwen had seen much worse in her career. Up until Oberon came and stabbed Damien, causing the dragon man to quickly spiral towards the void. Now that was something Gwen didn't really want to happen.

Grace began to scream, struggling to resist the high-g accelerations of the freefall. If this endured, some of the dragon's occupants would have died even before it would have spiralled down the void. Gwen herself was only barely tolerating the situation: the last time she had been stuck on a free falling object had happened almost a century before.

The Queen aimed Excalibur at Damien's gaping wound, and fired a quick, hot blast of magical energy next to its surface, brushing it against the wound instead of crashing square into the dragon's body.

Gwen hoped that her cauterisation attempt would have worked out well.

It did - the wound stopped bleeding.

Now, however, some music began as a dozen new Fae landed on the dragon, moving toward Gwen quite hurriedly. One suddenly paused, however, and stared. "Ah!" she said, Irish accent evident. "Luk 'ere! 'tis de queen!" she laughed. "Oi'm gobsmacked you're alive! Especially whaen we killed yer warrld." The pale-skinned Fae raised up a sword. "Anyway, I'll gie yer de gift av mercy nigh."

Astrolinium wrote:Peter and the Sphinx went with Damien. He wasn't totally sure why, but somewhere, in another world and another time, a young man chuckled at the image of Thomas Sangster astride a sphinx which in turn rode on the back of a giant dragon that was really also Thomas Sangster. Sometimes, the universe works out in strange ways, y'know?

So anyway, get this: the Sphinx has wings. So when Oberon attacked Damien, the creature wasted no time in taking flight. Its wings, black and leathery, unfurling, it lifted into the nothing with a powerful push from its hind legs. It roared, and Peter held tight to its main.

"Have thee a sword, child?" it asked.

"No, but I've got a gun!" shouted Peter.

"An inelegant weapon, but time for elegance is time we do not have! Fire away, lad!"

The beast divebombed at Oberon and Peter pointed the gun Caspian had given him at the King of the Faeries, pulling on the trigger hard, letting loose a steady stream of plasma at the archfiend.

"Eat shit, fucker!" he shouted over the roar of plasma that sounded like a bad special effect from the late 1960s.

Oberon was hit by these plasma blasts, and let go of William. Roaring, he fell into the chasm of nothing, never to be seen again.

Just kidding.

He was hit, yes, but he jumped off William...and had now leapt atop the Sphinx. His sword had fallen into space, but he had a dagger, a dagger that he slammed down into the beast's neck.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"It is good to see you too." The realmless ruler replied to Michael, evidently not quite sharing the archangel's enthusiasm, but bearing none of the concern and tension of the druids either. He simply sat and watched as from the dragon's corpse emerged a dragon, one that was alive, and, more importantly, one that the Demon Lord could recognize as Damien. He too had decided to do as Crowley said and head to the World Tree to protect it from Oberon, it seemed. He figured he wouldn't be the only one, but he had assumed the child would have opted to go with the headmaster instead. Not that it mattered much to him. Either way, it did not seem like they would come under attack just yet, so for now, he simply watched.

Of course, he immediately stood up when he saw Damien begin sinking and a sphinx fly away from his back before sweeping down towards his tail. It seemed that he was wrong. There was trouble over there.

"A shame that it has to be under these bleak circumstances." Alastor said afterwards, adding onto his previous statement. He slashed the air, opening a portal and looking through it, seeing Oberon clinging to the dragon's tail. "It seems Oberon is coming. Unless they change route or fend him off, he will be here soon." He stated, placing his hand against the portal, beginning to send a stream of energy through the portal and towards Oberon, strong enough to fell a giant, and hopefully enough to distract him. Of course, he had made sure to keep the gate strictly one-way.

"But in the mean time, care to introduce your friends?" The Demon Lord asked casually, still blasting energy into the portal.

Ciel and Celes had quite swiftly jumped down along the others, following Crowley down into the trampoline, which surprised them quite a bit, though not enough to distract them too much from their situation. They immediately began running after Crowley, each tightly gripping their instrument and using their superior speed to follow the headmaster, catching up to him with ease. Ciel flinched upon hearing the sickly sounds of cracking bones, but knowing that they belonged to the enemy made her get over it quickly. Those were the people who had been gleefully slaughtering innocents left and right before destroying the entire universe, after all.

"Headmaster." Celes greeted him. It had been a while since they'd last met after all, and during this whole mess neither of the two had really spoken to him.

"Hello." Ciel chimed in, following them closely. "Have you seen Vernil, sir?" She asked afterwards.

Lyra, meanwhile, was still quite clearly unconscious. On the good side, there was a redhead with a magic armor currently looking out for her, which kept her relatively safe. On the bad side, they were stil stuck in the school. On the good side, many of the Fae had already gone off to chase Crowley and the others, but on the bad side, Damien had already left and some Fae had cast their attention to the white-haired girl instead of the Autumn King's nephew.

"Fuck off already!" Ciel shouted at them, using her armor suit to blast them away, trying to think of something. She couldn't go down and try to follow Crowley, because the Fae were going to sandwich her and Lyra, but she couldn't stay her either, she doubted she'd be able to fight off the Fae here while taking care of an unconscious girl.

The redhead then looked at the hole Damien left in the wall, realizing something. She was still alive, Lyra was still alive, though unconscious, and most importantly, all the assholes that had climbed up onto the dragon's back were still alive.

It appeared physics didn't quite apply out here, which in this case played in her favor. Blasting the Fae away one last time, Ciel took Lyra in her arms and ran towards the hole, jumping out of the school and into the black void of space. Indeed, Lyra could breathe out here safely, it seemed. That was good. She'd finally managed to escape the room with her.

But then she saw that Oberon was on Damien's back. It looked like that wasn't a very good route to take, either.

"Shit." Ciel said to herself, trying to think of what to do now, before something finally occured to her. Part of this armor had originally been armor for the soldiers of Hell, no? And if she recalled correctly, the helmet had some sort of telepathic circuit embedded into it. Now, it worked one-way only, evidently, but that was before. Now her armor was a magical amalgam of bullshit, so who was to say it couldn't work both ways this time? Thus, she concentrated, sending out a call for help. It was a general call, but it didn't take a genius to figure out who was going to receive it.

Still blasting away at the Faery King, Alastor idly slashed the air behind him with his free hand, creating yet another portal.

Ciel stepped through bearing Lyra on her arms, carefully setting her down on the ground before looking around.

"Er... Hello. Would anyone happen to know healing magic or be able to energize her or something?" She asked, before thinking of something. "You may want to know, she just saved all of your asses not too long ago." She added afterwards.

"Indeed. She could be quite helpful if one of you lot could help her in turn." The Demon Lord confirmed. "She did nuke Oberon's plans."

"Druids from the dawn of time." explained Michael. "Their duty has been to protect this tree and all it holds until the Harbinger arrives. Not me - I'm just a substitute for the real Harbinger of the Sun. Which, unfortunately, has been my brother..." Michael sighed. "If we get out of this, I'll tell you more. If we don't, then that explanation won't really matter."

This is when Lyra and Ciel came through, and Michael nodded. "I'll make her fresh as new." he promised, placing a hand on Lyra. "My healing abilities are only helped by being connected to the Omniverse itself, after all." A blast of blue light flared, and seconds later Lyra was completely healed and energised, though someone would have to wake her up.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Aziraphale quite liked tea. Aziraphale liked tea to the extent that he was willing to ignore the very angry Titan across from him as he poured a cup for himself, holding the pot in a metal hand.

"Oh," he said, "Mr. Jameson cut mine off and replaced it with one from his suits. It was not entirely consensual."

He took a very long sip. Once his cup was drained, he smacked his lips, sighed contentedly, and then screamed very, very loudly.

"WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!" he concluded, "Right. Titan. This is bad. Crowley, what do we do?"

"I hate tea," Lewis grumbled.

"Shut up, Dad," D said, "the adults are talking. Aleister - you aren't really planning on blowing up the school, are you?"

He looked fierce, one eye on Crowley, one eye on Rosalind's statue, "Because if you are, I am afraid you're no better than them."

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:"Druids from the dawn of time." explained Michael. "Their duty has been to protect this tree and all it holds until the Harbinger arrives. Not me - I'm just a substitute for the real Harbinger of the Sun. Which, unfortunately, has been my brother..." Michael sighed. "If we get out of this, I'll tell you more. If we don't, then that explanation won't really matter."

This is when Lyra and Ciel came through, and Michael nodded. "I'll make her fresh as new." he promised, placing a hand on Lyra. "My healing abilities are only helped by being connected to the Omniverse itself, after all." A blast of blue light flared, and seconds later Lyra was completely healed and energised, though someone would have to wake her up.

"St. Michael, son of Yahweh!" came a shrill voice, "Explain yourself!"

Megan crashed a small biplane next to the World Tree, crawling out with a not-so-small handgun leveled at the angel. A bit of cocaine poured out from the ruptured fuel tank, with two of the Lewise crawling out as well, covered in the stuff.

"I can't believe you talked me into this," DH Lewis whined.

"What the fuck is going on?" Megan demanded.
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 pm

As the fight continued in the sky, Damien touched down below the World Tree. He waited until his passengers jumped off, before looking at Michael and Alastor. His wound had healed by this point, though he resumed his human form and ran up to the two.

"Alastor, the cavalry is here. I can handle the Vimanas, you need to lead everyone here and stop any survivors from reaching the Tree. If we can destroy most of the remaining Fae, we can focus on Oberon. If we're all combining our efforts, I think we have a chance against him. Good luck."

He turned and ran away, leaping upward and morphing into a dragon to fly away. He pushed himself through the air, pulling his body so that his legs smashed against a Vimana. He used his claws to slash holes into the sides of the battleship and fired a beam of energy into the opening, causing explosions to ripple throughout the ship. He then turned and narrowly avoided a Vimana's firepower, returning fire by shooting an ice beam at the Vimana's engines and forcing them to freeze. As the ship began to fall, Damien used his fire breath on the ship.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:41 am

(For the sake of convenience, I'm retconning that Kronos took over Desmond's body, and that whole thing with Desmond. Doesn't work anymore. Instead, Caspian just time travelled to the Graveyard himself.)

Astrolinium wrote:
There was a pause again as Set looked at Caspian, a smirk just barely visible despite the mask. "You're going to die, however." Set chuckled. "You'll die. That is a confirmed truth. Caspian Lawrence, you will die at your home, surrounded by friends who do not know you and will never remember your name or sacrifices for them. And then-" Set gave a gesture. "You'll end up, like all of us, at this Graveyard."

Caspian shivered as he looked up into the sky. He holstered the anti-angel gun and his free hand instinctively went to his breast pocket, where there was a small figurine of Tom Baker, given to him long ago. He'd been through a lot since then, hadn't he? And now here he was, at the end of all things, and the Titan of Time and the Murderer of Osiris were sitting down to tea with the Devil.

Softly, his eyes trained upward at the sun, Caspian said:

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world."

He blinked and found hot tears there; quickly, he sat at the table, laying Ἅγγελος before him. He picked up a cup of tea and lifted it to his mouth, hand shaking, and he blew on it softly, banishing the steam for just an instant. He did not yet drink.

Set looked at the door, which had begun to creak open. "Soon we both should be going. It is not safe for beings like you- or even me- to stay at the Graveyard for long. There are...consequences. So the universe will expel us from here soon and we will return to some other time and place. But I am not concerned- Kronos is soon to rise. And he will give me the chaos I enjoy."

Caspian's eyes were fixed on the god. Trying so hard to keep his voice from shaking, he said, "I see we're back to the old familiar places, aren't we? Tea again."

He sipped his pensively.

"Mine's still Earl Gray."

"I provided that." Crowley said, focusing on those ahead of them. He looked at Caspian, his eyes looking tired but empathetic. "No sense crying right now." he said in a scolding manner. "Tears are good, yeah, but preferably not in front of the bad guys. Besides, this is not the day you die."

"Might be the day you die." Set remarked, his voice deep and matter of fact. "Could very well be that, in fact."

Crowley shrugged. "I'm an optimist." He flashed a dark grin. "I've lasted long as I have by expecting everyone but me will die."

"That fact has done wonders on your sanity, I'm sure." Kronos dryly said to the man who created his private room on a dead moon watching a burning Earth.

Crowley didn't answer.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Aziraphale quite liked tea. Aziraphale liked tea to the extent that he was willing to ignore the very angry Titan across from him as he poured a cup for himself, holding the pot in a metal hand.

"Oh," he said, "Mr. Jameson cut mine off and replaced it with one from his suits. It was not entirely consensual."

He took a very long sip. Once his cup was drained, he smacked his lips, sighed contentedly, and then screamed very, very loudly.

"WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!" he concluded, "Right. Titan. This is bad. Crowley, what do we do?"

"I hate tea," Lewis grumbled.

"Shut up, Dad," D said, "the adults are talking. Aleister - you aren't really planning on blowing up the school, are you?"

He looked fierce, one eye on Crowley, one eye on Rosalind's statue, "Because if you are, I am afraid you're no better than them."

Crowley remained silent for almost twenty seconds, sipping his tea as he looked up at the sun. He placed the cup down on the table carefully, a slight thump as it went down, the tea remaining inside the cup shaking but not leaving its container.

He intertwined his fingers together, placing his hands underneath his nose. He turned his head, staring at D blankly. "I might." he said bluntly. "If it's my only choice, I might. This school will die, and our world may die. But the whole of the Omniverse will be saved aside from us. And Oberon and the Fae will be defeated, or set back for a very, very long time."

"This is true." Kronos freely admitted. "If you do that, then it is very likely that quite a lot of the Fae will die. Oberon himself, more than likely, since he needs this school. The Fae will be disorganised and set back, likely falling into infighting while the Omniverse can breathe and rest. I myself will undoubtedly perish in that fire - but that fire will be your pyre, once and for all. And you won't do that."

Crowley raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, don't fuck with me here, Mr. Crowley." Kronos spat, his tone turning vicious. If his eyes were in his empty sockets, it would be quite clear the sheer hatred they would be showing. "Look at you. How many lives have you lived? How many faces? You were Lucifer. You were this one. You were Nicholas Carry and all the multitude of faces you put on while you were him. No matter how close you get to dying for a cause, you can't do it. Look at this bloody Graveyard, Mr. Crowley. You've built a prison out of your grief and pain." he slammed his own cup down on the table, hard. Tea spilled from it, landing on the white tablecloth on the cafeteria table, staining it. Crowley watched without passion.

Kronos breathed carefully, inhaling and exhaling from his nostrils. "You know what I feel while I'm in this Graveyard of yours, Mr. Crowley? I see what went on in your head. You hate yourself and you've hated yourself for a very long time in each of your lives. But you won't ever die or choose to give up your life, because you're selfish. You think if you die, then everything you've done and everyone who died due to you will lose meaning. I understand that dammed well, having been trapped in that hideous, awful prison for so long..." Kronos' fist thumped on the table. "If you die, you'll be blind, won't you?" His left hand gestured toward his own empty sockets. "I was blind for millennia in my prison, unable to get new experience. Unable to see what the world had to offer, what it had. You had the chance to become the Harbinger of the Sun once, a very long time ago, when you died as Lucifer."

"Yes."

"You didn't take it, did you? Because that would have been a different sort of prison, a prison where you would be trapped. Sure, it would have been for a good cause. Sure, one can argue that if you had taken that role you were meant to, none of this would have happened. The Omniverse would have been carefully kept stable, the walls secure. The Fae wouldn't have been able to get this far, and they would have been limited to small scale events like they usually were." Kronos smiled now, in a friendly way. "But you didn't take it. And you won't destroy this school either. Run away, Mr. Crowley. Run away and find a new face. You'll die eventually, but don't prepone it. Be the sin you suffer the most, your glorious sin of Pride." His hands clasped together, placed on the table in front of him, on the brown spot he had created on the tablecloth.

Crowley stared at Kronos hatefully. He picked up his cup of tea, and sipped while his eyes glared into Kronos' own empty sockets. "You can have a Pepsi if you like, Lewis." he said absently. "I have some in the fridge in the cafeteria."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Lewis stomped hard on the ground. The earth around him shivered, as all earth knew by now what came next.

"Ye'," Lewis said, his eyes a-burning with the flame of time, "are the most pretentious, self-concerned, nancy-ass little BITCH I have ever met."

Lewis glared at the Titan King with a ferocity that suggested he knew not what he saw. Lewis was a fool, but he knew - he had known of the dark god Kronos for quite some time, though never had he imagined he'd meet him, nor that he would be so very powerful. Fear, however, meant nothing to the man with nowhere left to go.

"Seriously," Lewis continued, "can ye' go thirty seconds into your ultimate triumph without talkin' about how fuckin' sad you are? Is that why you're doing this - because you're sad? Do ye' know how pathetic that is? Did those mean widdle wizards put ye' in a cage? Ye' know, I'm pretty damn old - but to ye'? To ye', I'm a child. And, fuck, this is a real child-"

Lewis gestured to D "- he's got more chest hairs than ye'. So, fess up - are ye' a pussy or do ye' just like wastin' my time?"

Lewis turned on Crowley and D, "And ye' two. Who the fuck made this about ye'? What gives ye' that right? Suck it up, ladies!"
Last edited by Nationstatelandsville on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"St. Michael, son of Yahweh!" came a shrill voice, "Explain yourself!"

Megan crashed a small biplane next to the World Tree, crawling out with a not-so-small handgun leveled at the angel. A bit of cocaine poured out from the ruptured fuel tank, with two of the Lewise crawling out as well, covered in the stuff.

Michael stared somewhat blankly at Megan. "Have we met? I'm really sorry, I don't actually know if we have. But I'll try to explain best as I can. Do you have specific questions for me?"

"We might need to fight off the Fae, sir." warned a druid.

"Nah. If my millennia of experience have taught me something, exposition is a free action."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:"St. Michael, son of Yahweh!" came a shrill voice, "Explain yourself!"

Michael stared somewhat blankly at Megan. "Have we met? I'm really sorry, I don't actually know if we have. But I'll try to explain best as I can. Do you have specific questions for me?"

"We might need to fight off the Fae, sir." warned a druid.

"Nah. If my millennia of experience have taught me something, exposition is a free action."

Megan offered her hand.

"Professor Megan Jameson, PhD. in neuroscience," she said, "Acting Headmistress of Elfen High. I realize Crowley is back, but he's also very much not acting. So, in other words - that's my school a washed-up period drama actor just hijacked, kindly explain to me why the fuck he wants your stupid tree."

Goodbye.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse